[E3-SP-F11] On a Suspicious Silver Platter pt. 5

"Shiro-chan."

They were seated, side-by-side, on a bare stretch of grass at the center of the small hedge maze Mishiro... and the Easter Bunny she followed... had led them into. The area was only a minor feature of the [Garden] and in alignment with its primary trait, it wasn't too complicated of a maze. The more frequent gatherer among the two knew every inch and turn, and she called it a pseudo-safezone: mobs rarely spawned within, like reaching the center gave that nice little treat to the brave adventurer perhaps.

"Where did you even get that idea?" Without asking, Arabelle reached into the picnic basket between them and plucked a packet of mayonnaise laid atop a bento. She tore it open and used half of it on the hotdog in her left hand, then left the rest to Mishiro. Neither girl seemed to mind.

"I found a hungry little bunny while I was gathering. I fed it." Then Mishiro took a bite out of her triangle sandwich with finality.

No, every Easter Bunny has a mob cursor; that shouldn't have been the natural order of things—!

"And you followed it, too."

"It was gesturing for me to follow."

Arabelle internally cringed — and it wasn't just from eating her fourth hotdog in a day either. "And what if it led you down a rabbit hole and roped you into solve Wonderland's problems, Alice?"

"I had my weapon equipped," her companion for the day added, ignoring her remark. "If it tried to lead me into an attack, I would have been ready to give it a beatdown it will never forget. Perhaps then it would be tamable."

"Some things really can't change no matter how you want them to, Shiro-chan," she giggled. She wrapped her hands around the hotdog, chancing a glance at its side to see where her progress was at, then her ashen eyes rested on Mishiro. The girl's pale gaze was locked on a certain vague nondescript point in the hedge far across them. "So the most you can do is accept reality... and get yourself a non-fluffy familiar. That house can't take more than one bundle of cuteness."

Mishiro huffed, finally drawing her attention back just enough to indulge Arabelle with her very rare expression of a small pout. "There's no such thing as too much cuteness. Everyone needs more of it. It brings... happiness, just witnessing it."

"Yeah!" the small purple-haired girl happily agreed. She wasn't attached to her familiar like Mishiro was with a ferret that wasn't even hers, but she did have something else. "The sort of happy that makes you want to hug it and squish it really hard against you! Don't you know a group of scientists did an experiment on that same instinct?"

Her fellow gatherer nodded in response, fingers curled delicately round her coffee mug's handle. Even after most of their lunch had passed, her posture remained rigid and perfect. "I remember watching a—"

A notification bell rang. The sound bounced around her head, tuning out the rest of Mishiro's words until she opened her message window.

Spoiler

ITEMS USED

• Fortitude++
    T2 Perfect Dessert -- [x3] Mitigation
    A... gobstopper. You are what you eat. | [#141158]

• Golden Dog -- T1 -- [x3] Prosperity. [~]

• Ultra Lucky Hot Dog -- [x3] Loot Die. [~]

NATURE'S TREASURE BUFF

• Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.
  • Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.
  • Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.
  • Looting Mobs: Mobs that satisfy the loot minimum always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

~~~

LEVEL 30 - 98 SP
600/600 HP | 60/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

~ EQUIPPED

• Shikama Dōji, Remastered -- T1 Perfect Two-Handed Battle Axe -- [x3] Damage -- [reference] A black scythe that is moderately larger than its wielder. A portion of its blade is tinted green. When a Sword Art is activated, the scythe's head glows a brighter hue of the same color. Grants a higher damage output when equipped. | [~]
  • Insignia of Retribution -- T1 Perfect Jewelry -- [x3] Accuracy -- [reference] "May this savage song reach the hearts of those who have wronged you." A pure black phoenix carrying an egg made of rhinestone. Grants the wearer accuracy when equipped. [>>]
  • Dice of Blessing -- T1 Perfect Trinket -- [x3] LD --  [reference] The modern adventurer's mark of providence or misfortune - depending on how much Lady Luck likes you. The trinket itself is an acrylic D20 painted brown with gold numbers and an attached chain that allows it to be clipped onto the user's clothing. When thrown, it often lands on '20'. [>>]

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY

• Dimensional Backpack -- Adds +1 to Battle Ready inventory. This item does not take up a Battle Ready inventory slot. A player may only have one Dimensional Backpack at any time. [>>]
  • Teleportation Crystal -- Use a post action to activate a teleport crystal. Teleports the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify. [>>]
  • [x4] Golden Key -- A single-use item that grants +2 LD when opening a Treasure Chest. [4]

~SKILLS

1. Rank 5 -- Two-Handed Battle Axe
    • || Mod: Ferocity
    • || Mod: Precision
  2. Fishing

E - 

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (2 Energy + 2 per target hit) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.
Rank 2
» [x3 AoE] Lumberjack (3 Energy + 2 per target hit) - Three wide sweeping strokes aimed at multiple targets.
» [x3] Ultimate Breaker (3 Energy) - A pair of uppercuts that finish with a vertical slam to the target's head.
Rank 3
» [x5] Torque Wave (5 Energy) - A sweeping strike that tears into the opponent.
» [x6] Crimson Blood (6 Energy) - Three sweeping spinning slices keeping the same momentum.
» [x6 AoE] Trample Act (6 Energy +2 per target hit) - An attack that starts with a shoulder barge, then does two large sweeping attacks.
Rank 4
» [x7] Crescent Avalanche (7 Energy) - An advanced mixture of slices, hilt stabs and thrusts at an opponent.
» [x8 AoE] Ordinal Cleave (8 Energy +2 per target hit) - A flurry of eight vicious slashes that hits and targets multiple enemies.
Rank 5
» [x9] Dynamic Violence (8 Energy) - An attack of three slices, which is finished by a shock wave created by the power of an empty swing.
» [x14 AoE] Explode Catapult (14 Energy +2 per target hit) - Two powerful sweeping strokes in alternating directions that concludes with slamming the ax into the ground.
» [x13] Screw Dimension (12 Energy) - Does one slice with the ax, which then releases in a burst of energy, doing the damage again.

Claude:
hey, the two of you having fun?

Arabelle:
Bet you wish you could get in on this.
7739.png
We're talking about you, of course.

Claude:
wha-?!
ಠ﹏ಠ
that aside, i actually messaged you for a reason

Arabelle:
She's fine, you siscon.

Claude:
not that. :|
you're both gathering in Shiro's usual [Garden], right?
well, i just wanted to ask if you were running into the same problem with the area's Easter Bunnies.

Seeing Mishiro move to peer over her shoulder curiously, Arabelle adjusted her position so that the former was sitting a little more comfortably. They kept the message window between them as the wave of messages continued, summarizing a situation very much similar to what they had witnessed earlier. She was moving to type a reply when she sensed movement from beyond the arch denoting the entrance to the maze's center.

Four Easter Bunnies.

"There goes your 'pseudo-safezone.' Talk to him for me, will you?" Arabelle got up and discarded the wrappers of her lunch, thankfully with her buffs already in order. "Oh, you'll do it anyway without my asking."

She summoned her scythe and bounded forward, closing the distance between her and the enemy.

Spoiler

ROLLS

ID: 142244 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | MD: 10 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 1 | 90 + 2 = 92 - 30 = 62 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142245 | BD: 9 | MD: 9 | Explode Catapult: (12 + 1) * 14 = 182 DMG -> Easter Bunny 2 | 90 + 1 = 91 - 30 = 61 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142246 | BD: 2 + 4 = 6 | MD: 5 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 3
ID: 142247 | BD: 3 + 4 = 7 | MD: 9 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 4 | 90 + 1 = 91 - 30 = 61 DMG -> Arabelle

STATS

14 + (2 * 4) = 22 EN

Arabelle: 416/600 HP | 38/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 1: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 2: 148/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 3: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 4: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG

Their unexpected encounter was over pretty quickly; Arabelle ignored their attacks, weaving in and out of their little cluster until she found an optimal position and skidded to a stop, her boots kicking up small clouds of dust. The player chained together two [Sword Arts] in quick succession and her blade carved precise crisscrossing streaks of neon green into the small creatures' forms, reducing them all to bursts of pixel. Even without Amaterasu, she was a force to be reckoned with in battle.

When the dust settled and the fragments of the mobs' models completely faded away, all that was left were the loot in small piles on the grassy ground. She smiled at this round's haul and waved her weapon away, eager to pick them all up. This group of Easter Bunnies seemed to have dropped a decent amount of Perfects and chocolate eggs — and, the cherry on top: a consumable. 

Spoiler

ROLLS

Combat:

ID: 142248 | BD: 9 | MD: 10 | Explode Catapult: (12 + 1) * 14 = 182 DMG -> Easter Bunny 1
ID: 142249 | BD: 9 | MD: 10 | Explode Catapult: (12 + 1) * 14 = 182 DMG -> Easter Bunny 2
ID: 142250 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 9 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 3
ID: 142251 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 7 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 4

Loot:

ID: 142252 | LD: 6 + 6 = 12 | CD: 7
ID: 142253 | LD: 14 + 6 = 20 | CD: 7
ID: 142254 | LD: 18 + 6 = 24 | CD: 6
ID: 142255 | LD: 2 + 6 = 8 | CD: 12

STATS

14 + (2 * 4) = 22 EN

Arabelle: 416/600 HP | 17/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 1: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 2: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 3: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 4: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (round)

• [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2)
    + [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2)
    + [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2) + (330 * 2)
    + [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2) + (330 * 2) + 330
    = 13,530 col
  • 1 + 2
    + 1 + 2
    + 1
    + 1
    = 8 T2 materials
  • 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 chocolate eggs
  • [x2] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142254-a] [#142254-b]
  • [x2] T2 Perfect Light Armor [#142253] [#142254]
  • [x1] T2 Perfect Trinket [#142253]
  • [x1] T2 Rare Weapon [#142252]
  • [x1] T2 Rare Trinket [#142255]
  • [x1] T2 Uncommon Consumable [#142252]

LOOT (total)

• 13,530 col
  • 8 T2 materials
  • 13 chocolate eggs

"Shiro!" she called out cheerfully. Arabelle returned to the girl on standby to find that she had packed away their food and picnic blankets and she now stood ready to move out. She met a blank stare partially obscured by a message window and at Mishiro's silent nod, she moved to peek over her shoulder. "Geez, all the food's gone already? I'd been hoping to steal some more from your bento..."

Claude:
If you guys want to stay a little while longer, I'd recommend moving out of that maze

"...so we wouldn't end up surrounded," Mishiro finished. She swiped the interface closed before Arabelle could read any more of the messages above and beneath and made for the way out of the maze's center with finality. "Let's make this quick. If we encounter an enemy within the maze itself, we won't have much room for movement."

"Good call!"

She picked up her pace to take the lead. The rest of their walk was uneventful and they reached the exit without issue. This time, however, Arabelle pointed a little further down the [Garden].

"I was playing around with my skills earlier and I picked one up. Come on, I want to see it in action!"

They walked until they reached a small pond and Arabelle manifested a fishing rod. She took a seat on the grass, and soon enough, she was reeling a decent haul in.

Spoiler

ID: 142256 | CD: 5 | LD: 6 + 6 = 12

[1/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 436/600 HP | 18/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 1 T2 material
  • 6 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 13,530 col
  • 9 T2 materials
  • 19 chocolate eggs

Fishing peacefully while the rest of the [Garden] was being destroyed around them. An almost surreal experience.

"I see." Mishiro took her seat on the grass, a respectful distance from her, and folded her hands atop the short black circle skirt she always wore over her armor. "The bunnies can't get to the materials in the pond, so fishing would be the most optimal mode of gathering eggs at the moment."

"The most optimal according to the probability estimates my lovely info broker gave me," she corrected. With a tap of an option, another bait was affixed to her hook and she cast it in once again. "I just kept going with combat because it was the most fun... but whenever that option's unavailable and my energy isn't full for regular gathering, I figured picking up a skill for this event won't hurt."

And to her surprise, the girl's gray eyes shifted to the pond in front of them and she manifested her own rod.

"Are you copying me?"

"I picked up the skill even before you did, so it would be more accurate to say you are copying me."

"Psh. Alright. Now how about you tell me what happened with gathering coffee beans?"

She playfully inquired, as her fishing rod's hook caught into something... heavy. Arabelle stood, and with all her might, hauled a treasure chest and a wrapped bundle of eggs clipped along with it.

Spoiler

ID: 142257 | CD: 12 | LD: 16 + 6 = 22

[2/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 456/600 HP | 19/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 8 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 13,530 col
  • 9 T2 materials
  • 27 chocolate eggs

Mishiro laughed — a soft, gentle breeze that seemed to ease the hints of tense undercurrents in the air. "You are a natural at this, Arabelle. How about keeping that skill after the event?"

"Nope! Too boring." With a puff of effort, she further hauled the treasure chest onto the shore. She tugged the small bag of chocolate eggs free from the hook and tapped an option which sent it to her inventory. Now... hm. Arabelle looked down thoughtfully at the treasure chest. She had already opened one today and it didn't give the best loot. "I don't want it," she decided. "You can open it, Shiro-chan. Just give me the eggs as agreed, okay? Oh, and I suppose I have to keep my end of the agreement. Wait here!"

Before the player could protest, she took off a little further down the bank and pulled up some... uhhh... plants that grew beside the pond which she had no idea what they were — just that they were glowing yellow. Parting the tall plants aside, she took a few chocolate eggs in there as well.

Spoiler

ID: 142258 | LD: 15 | CD: 11

[3/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 476/600 HP | 60/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 2 T2 materials
  • 6 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 13,530 col
  • 11 T2 materials
  • 33 chocolate eggs

This was a good amount! She would dare say the second half of today — ironically: midday, the very time of day she had been avoiding because of how many players there were, but due to the distance of Mishiro's [Garden] and how difficult it was to reach from the safezone, there wasn't anyone else around — held the best luck she had gotten since the event began six days ago. Arabelle smiled and vanished the small sugary treats, the event currency count ticking up by six.

Meanwhile, Mishiro seemed to have the same luck. The girl abandoned her fishing rod to crack open the chest and took everything inside, then she found a bundle of eggs lying in the grass. But where there were ungathered eggs, what else would be drawn to it? The hungry little Easter Bunnies. Her friend snapped into attention at the thumping of eager paws and, leaving the eggs in the grass, she fell back into a battle stance as the festive creatures came to claim what was rightfully theirs. However, she had already drawn their attention and these mobs were locked on.

Arabelle's eyes glared a bright red as she confirmed her assumptions. Her loot minimum. And the thought of her friend potentially taking four attacks ten levels above her own did not sit well with her. Racing forward as fast as her legs could carry her, she willed her scythe into existence. 

She yelled a warning and shoved a stubborn Mishiro back.

...And when her hand came back to grip her scythe, a burst of bright green filled her vision. She cut through three of the mobs and took the attacks that would have been meant for the girl standing in that very spot earlier.

Spoiler

ROLLS

ID: 142259 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 7 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 5 | 90 - 30 = 60 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142260 | BD: 1 | MD: 6 | 90 - 30 = 60 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142261 | BD: 3 + 4 = 7 | MD: 3 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 7
ID: 142262 | BD: 6 | MD: 9 | Explode Catapult: 12  * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 8 | 90 + 1 = 91 - 30 = 61 DMG -> Arabelle

STATS

14 + (2 * 3) = 20 EN

Arabelle: 295/600 HP | 40/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 5: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 6: 330/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 7: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 8: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (total)

• 13,530 col
  • 11 T2 materials
  • 33 chocolate eggs

She didn't like how much her HP dropped in three attacks. Arabelle quickly followed through, her concentration regained well enough to accurately pinpoint and aim at each mob in her vision.

Even after that silent disagreement, no words arose over the sound of battle.

Arguments were no use. Mishiro's misunderstanding of her position relative to Arabelle's loot minimum mobs was enough of a mistake to bring the latter's health down below half. Behind her, the girl continued falling back — until something changed and the martial arts user changed directions and circled around Arabelle's mobs to engage a fifth bunny which had followed along closely behind the group. The most unfortunate of all unfortunate Easter Bunny mob instances met the frigid iron of Mishiro's boot and was sent rocketing to the air with the player pursuing after, relentless in her strikes.

It was still her loot minimum, from the small amount of HP it lost from Mishiro's assault, but other than that, she wasn't having too many problems. Well, if she was handling just one... maybe Claude wouldn't kill her later for leaving his sister alone.

Spoiler

ROLLS

Combat:

ID: 142263 | BD: 10 | MD: 3 | Explode Catapult: (12 + 2) * 14 = 196 DMG -> Easter Bunny 5
ID: 142264 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 7 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 6 | 90 - 30 = 60 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142265 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 3 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 7
ID: 142266 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 10 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 8

Loot:

ID: 142267 | LD: 2 + 6 = 8 | CD: 11
ID: 142268 | LD: 5 + 6 = 11 | CD: 5
ID: 142269 | LD: 18 + 6 = 24 | CD: 4

STATS

14 + (2 * 4) = 22 EN

Arabelle: 235/600 HP | 19/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 5: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 6: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 7: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 8: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (round)

• [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2) + 330
    + [330 * (4 + 3)]
    + [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2) + (330 * 2)
    = 9,240 col
  • 1 + 2 
    + 1 + 2 + 2
    + 1
    = 9 T2 materials
  • 3 + 3 = 6 chocolate eggs
  • [x1] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142269]
  • [x1] T2 Perfect Trinket [#142269]
  • [x1] T2 Rare Weapon [#142268]
  • [x1] T2 Rare Trinket [#142267]
  • [x1] T2 Uncommon Consumable [#142268]

LOOT (total)

• 22,770 col
  • 20 T2 materials
  • 39 chocolate eggs
  • [x3] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142254-a] [#142254-b] [#142269]
  • [x2] T2 Perfect Trinket [#142253] [#142269]
  • [x2] T2 Rare Weapon [#142252] [#142268]
  • [x2] T2 Rare Trinket [#142255] [#142267]
  • [x2] T2 Uncommon Consumable [#142252] [#142268]

One left. Was this the one who'd never failed to land an attack on her earlier? Arabelle couldn't tell amid her previous rush, but what she knew now was that as soon as it realized its comrades were gone, it seemed to have lost its bravado. Praise be to Cardinal and its realistic animal behavior, she loved fighting all these fantasy creatures but certainly not being at the receiving end of an unrelenting assault when she had been caught off-guard. And these guys were just tedious! She had been at it for the past few days and she could only keep deriving much fun from fighting the same mob over and over again, and now: with an extra player to worry about.

Arabelle spun the scythe in her hands, allowing her momentum to guide it onto the first steps of a [Sword Art], but the sequence was rudely cut short when the Easter Bunny continued its retreat instead of attacking. It stayed well out of the way from Mishiro battling her own.

Spoiler

ID: 142270 | BD: 1 | MD: 1

Arabelle: 235/600 HP | 18/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 6: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (total)

• 22,770 col
  • 20 T2 materials
  • 39 chocolate eggs

She wouldn't let it reach the safety of the other side of the [Garden], and potentially, its entire group of allies. Arabelle took off in a burst of speed, nearly pushing past her limits as she leaped over her friend instead of wasting time circling their battle and initiated her [Sword Art]'s sequence midair. Two empty slashes sent cutting bolts of green at the trees across her. It left marks on the bark and branches were torn off and fell to the ground along with a shower of cascading leaves, startling the Easter Bunny enough to make it freeze up during its retreat. Her target's position secure, Arabelle descended with the final blow.

The small creature burst into fragmented data shards, leaving behind a roll of yellowed paper and the chocolate eggs it was carrying. She let out her breath in a huff and her gaze moved to the yellow bar in the corner of her vision as she absentmindedly picked all of her spoils up.

Spoiler

ROLLS

Combat:

ID: 142271 | BD: 2 + 4 = 6 | MD: 8 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 6

Loot:

ID: 142272 | LD: 19 + 6 = 25 | CD: 11

STATS

14 + 2 = 16 EN

Arabelle: 235/600 HP | 3/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 6: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (round)

• [330 * (4 + 3)] = 2,310 col
  • 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 T2 materials
  • 6 chocolate eggs
  • [x1] Intermediate Dungeon Map [F11: #142272]

LOOT (total)

• 25,080 col
  • 25 T2 materials
  • 45 chocolate eggs

Mishiro finished hers with a spine-crushing blow and was at her side in an instant. Though her features hardly changed, she felt genuinely regretful. "I'm—"

"No need for apologies," she dismissed with a casual wave of her hand. "I didn't die, right? Besides, I figured these battles needed some spicing up..."

"You... did it on purpose?"

"What is a fight without a little danger? Shiro-chan, surely you know I would have sent a shockwave their way and they would all be on me in an instant. Remember, Hate mechanics!"

Mishiro's stare turned ice cold. "Well, now I know." She cast her gray eyes back to the rest of the [Garden] where, from where they were standing, they could see shifting balls of white fur. A lot of them. "I don't think regular regen can cover it. Got an HP potion?"

"Two, and two songs!" she exclaimed as she pulled all the mentioned items out of her inventory. "Let's stay here for now. Less bunnies to fight, and a better gathering experience."

The martial arts user already had her own healing potion in hand. She turned her head in Arabelle's direction and nodded her agreement.

Spoiler

ITEMS USED: 120 + 80 + 80 = +280 HP

• [x1] Life++ 
    T2 Perfect Potion -- [x3] HP Recovery
    [reference] A round glass vial. Despite appearances, the red concoction within tastes like honey. In fact, it might even be a little too sweet! | [#140575]
  • [x1] Life+
    T2 Rare Potion -- [x2] HP Recovery
    [reference] A round glass vial. Despite appearances, the red concoction within tastes like honey. In fact, it might even be a little too sweet! | [#141133]
  • [x2] Liebestraum No. 3 -- T2 Support Song -- [x1] HP Recovery -- [reference] "O lieb, so lang du lieben kannst." 
    • [#139239] [#139242]

[1/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 535/600 HP | 4/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (total)

• 25,080 col
  • 25 T2 materials
  • 45 chocolate eggs

Claude:
Most of the NT areas in floors 1 & 11
It's almost nonexistent in the floors above

Mishiro:
The floors in between?

Claude:
They're limited to areas with the NT buff
Which is a good thing now
This entire gimmick would've been loads more difficult to figure out -_-;

"It would be funny though," Arabelle commented. Affixing a bait to her fishing hook, she tossed the line into the water and kept it in the corner of her vision, bored, as she watched the flow of messages. "Why are group chats not a thing?"

Mishiro typed away.

Claude:
Only if we're in the same party. I guess the devs didn't see a point? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"You didn't have to actually ask! It was rhetorical!"

"Oh..." The other player blinked and drew her hands away from the semi-transparent screen. "I didn't know."

Claude:
And the area Arabelle had been visiting apparently doesn't have it as bad as the others in your floor
My EN is up
I'm actually not handling this at all, just giving out updates
Leah ordered the guild's lower tiered members to look into it. Consider it a field experience, she said
I guess their first step is to figure out what sets those areas apart from the others. Shouldn't be too hard

Mishiro:
Do you think they'll know what it is by today?

Claude:
I trust they would c:

Mishiro:
Then I'll try, too.

Claude:
Oh
Well, since you're already there... I guess it wouldn't hurt
Leave most of the fighting to Arabelle, okay? They should be spawning at exactly at her loot minimum, which is levels above yours
And take care
Contact you later

"Arabelle... did you know that your line has been tugging for a while now?"

Her head snapped in her line's direction and she fished up a bundle of chocolate eggs... with the fish which had snatched the bait from her now gone. Arabelle turned her head to face Mishiro who'd cast her own line into the water after she dismissed her communications window. "I was just thinking of how stiff you sounded. Oh, but it wouldn't be a Mishiro if she were outwardly showing her affection or something, huh?"

Spoiler

Fishing:
ID: 142273 | CD: 3 | LD: 17

[2/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 555/600 HP | 5/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 8 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 25,080 col
  • 25 T2 materials
  • 53 chocolate eggs

"And you," Mishiro began steadily, reeling her catch back. She tugged a small flailing fish from her hook and tossed it into her open inventory window, rolling a cloth-wrapped chocolate egg over to Arabelle. "Are obscenely clingy. You are the exact definition of 'too much.'"

"Sugar, if I am too much, then you clearly haven't seen enough of the world yet."

"I'd go out and see, and still come to the conclusion that you are the worst of the worst."

That made absolutely no sense. Arabelle almost snorted. She playfully nudged the girl before she cast her line in once again. "You aren't being serious now, are you?"

"You weren't serious earlier, I believe," Mishiro said with a startled blink.

"Half."

She rose, dusted off her skirt, and, finding that her energy was back to full, she went around in search of materials. In the end, she only found one and a smaller amount of chocolate eggs than what she had been picking up previously. Were they starting to run this area dry? She hoped not.

Arabelle returned to their spot to find Mishiro staring at a small white bunny sniffing a chocolate egg in the distance. It wore the same mob cursor as the others.

Spoiler

Gathering:
ID: 142274 | LD: 8 + 6 = 14 | CD: 6

[3/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 575/600 HP | 60/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 1 T2 material
  • 3 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 25,080 col
  • 26 T2 materials
  • 56 chocolate eggs

"I believe you wanted to see another treasure chest, Arabelle?" she questioned, and she offered no more reaction than a nod of acknowledgement at the returning girl's silent shake of her head. Mishiro's gauntleted hand hovered over the chocolate egg laying on the grass beside her. "Then I'll use it myself. You can keep one material for your part, in line with our agreement earlier."

She tossed the precious event currency in the curious creature's direction and it gathered the treat with a pleased squeak. It hopped away and both girls followed. They parted a couple of bushes and found themselves faced with a treasure trove of performer crystals: at least five more than one could normally gather.

"...You can keep this, then. I have no use for crystals."

But Arabelle remained uncharacteristically quiet. The bunny hopped away once again, and she followed, keeping herself hidden behind tree trunks and corners. A confused Mishiro had no choice but to pick up as much of the shimmering materials as she could and tiptoe behind. The bunny stopped and both girls watched it produce the chocolate egg seemingly from nowhere. It nibbled on the treat.

"Arabelle, your—"

...and beside it, the air shimmered as another Easter Bunny popped into existence. There was still much left of the chocolate egg though, and its kin was willing to share. As they both munched happily away, the air shimmered again and exact duplicates of the two present appeared.

O h .

She slowly turned to face her mortified companion.

"Shiro-chan..."

And for the second time this day, Mishiro was too stunned for words.

"We've found the culprit." She clapped her gloved hands together, delighted, and fell into a fit of giggles over the new development. "And what a wonderful plot twist it is!"

Oops. Too much noise. All four Easter Bunnies had their sights set on the two now, and the memory of the chocolate egg Mishiro had given completely wiped from their little heads, they came charging in the cutest line of assault she had ever seen in her life. 

"Sorry! But your time here won't be long."

Arabelle whipped out her scythe in a graceful fashion and countered their offensive.

Spoiler

ROLLS

ID: 142275 | BD: 9 | MD: 5 | Explode Catapult: (12 + 1) * 14 = 182 DMG -> Easter Bunny 9
ID: 142276 | BD: 10 | MD: 5 | Explode Catapult: (12 + 2) * 14 = 196 DMG -> Easter Bunny 10
ID: 142277 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | MD: 2 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 11
ID: 142278 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | MD: 8 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 12 | 90 - 30 = 60 DMG -> Arabelle

STATS

14 + (2 * 4) = 22 EN

Arabelle: 515/600 HP | 38/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 9: 148/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 10: 134/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 11: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 12: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (total)

• 25,080 col
  • 26 T2 materials
  • 56 chocolate eggs

At the moment, Arabelle was more interested in the sudden development of the totally-not-rushed mystery behind the growing infestation of Easter Bunnies. No fancy flourishes or footwork, she dashed straight into their line and weaved out of most attacks sent her way, sacrificing a small chunk of HP to land in her most optimal position for counter-attacking. With a grin, she executed another [Sword Art] immediately after the first: a cutting wind which struck virtual red gashes into them all and shattered their newly-formed models into polygonal shards. 

When the "dust" from battle settled, the small purple-haired girl glanced back to see that Mishiro had stepped quietly out of their previous hiding place. She gestured at the glimmering stacks of unidentifieds on the ground.

"Right, let's gather all of these goodies up, then it's time to interrogate the person behind all this!"

This time, the glare aimed her way was genuine.

Spoiler

ROLLS

Combat:

ID: 142279 | BD: 6 | MD: 6 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 9
ID: 142280 | BD: 2 + 4 = 6 | MD: 4 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 10
ID: 142281 | BD: 3 + 4 = 7 | MD: 9 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 11
ID: 142282 | BD: 7 | MD: 3 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 12

Loot:

ID: 142283 | LD: 20 + 6 = 26 | CD: 1
ID: 142284 | LD: 18 + 6 = 24 | CD: 10
ID: 142285 | LD: 3 + 6 = 9 | CD: 3
ID: 142286 | LD: 13 + 6 = 19 | CD: 11

STATS

14 + (2 * 4) = 22 EN

Arabelle: 515/600 HP | 17/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 9: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 10: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 11: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 12: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (round)

[330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2) + (330 * 2) + (330 * 6)
    + [330 * (4 + 3)]
    + [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 4)
    = 14,520 col
  • 1 + 2
    + 1
    + 1 + 2 + 2
    + 1 + 2 + 2
    = 14 T2 materials
  • 2 + 6 + 2 + 6 = 16 chocolate eggs
  • [x3] T2 Perfect Consumable [#142283-a] [#142283-b] [#142284]
  • [x2] T2 Perfect Light Armor [#142283-a] [#142283-b]
  • [x1] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142286]
  • [x1] T2 Uncommon Consumable [#142285]

LOOT (total)

• 39,600 col
  • 40 T2 materials
  • 72 chocolate eggs
  • [x4] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142254-a] [#142254-b] [#142269] [#142286]
  • [x4] T2 Perfect Light Armor [#142253] [#142254] [#142283-a] [#142283-b]
  • [x3] T2 Uncommon Consumable [#142252] [#142268] [#142285]

Fishing beside her now-sullen friend. How much more awkward could it get? But Arabelle had been in many an unusual encounter in the past and she would say she was rather used to it.

"You went out gathering previously, some time after the event started and you did pick up some eggs despite your lack of need for them," she recalled from their previous conversation, tapping a finger to her lips thoughtfully as the held the fishing rod in place with her other hand. She went on as she pulled up her catch, even as her friend only acknowledged it with a silent nod. "To add onto that, the first time I saw you feed a bunny, you looked like you knew what you were doing."

Mishiro's voice was low, as if she were letting her in on a secret. "...First day of the Easter event, I was as taken by the rewards as everyone else. I came here, to my usual gathering spot, and when I first encountered this event's special mob, it appeared undecided on whether it should attack me and," she pulled her knees close to her chest and gave a small embarrassed huff. "Most importantly, I thought it was cute. So I tried to see if there was an option to be on peaceful terms with it."

Spoiler

Fishing:
ID: 142287 | CD: 6 | LD: 13 + 6 = 19

[1/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 535/600 HP | 18/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 1 T2 material
  • 8 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 39,600 col
  • 41 T2 materials
  • 80 chocolate eggs

Arabelle cast her line in again, almost unable to withhold her giggles. "So you gave it one of your chocolate eggs?"

"I-I noticed the other bunnies appeared to be in constant search for them," the other girl was quick to justify, though her faltering tone suggested a growing lack of confidence in her own actions. "And it did mostly the same as the Easter Bunny we met earlier... I didn't know they would multiply."

Arabelle pulled up two wriggling fish and another bounty of eggs. Feed something and it'll be healthy enough to grow. Or multiply. It was a basic rule. And well, she guessed an event could pull from something like that without being too far-fetched.

"How many?"

"Only five," Mishiro said after a pause.

If they only multiplied by four after receiving a chocolate egg, that wouldn't explain their numbers. "And this... overpopulation problem isn't limited here, either. Shiro-chan, I don't think it's entirely your fault— oh," Arabelle paused. She turned to Mishiro. How many connections did this one girl have, despite being a non-combatant? Probably a huge amount, if you counted indirect connections through the guild. "Did you tell anyone about it afterwards?"

Mishiro looked back at her as she came to the same realization.

"I related my experience to Claude."

Yeah, it was still completely her fault.

Spoiler

Fishing:
ID: 142288 | CD: 8 | LD: 9 + 6 = 15

[2/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 555/600 HP | 19/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 2 T2 materials
  • 6 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 39,600 col
  • 43 T2 materials
  • 86 chocolate eggs

Claude:
wh
you have an idea already??
and i guess Shiro is reading this too, huh?
I won't doubt, go on

Arabelle:
Let me ask you a question.
On the day the event started, Mishiro told you the Easter Bunnies were special in some way.
Toss them a chocolate egg, they'll give you something nice.
Didn't you think it was suspicious?

Claude:
Definitely
I told her the lower-tiered members of the guild would look into it first, did she do it again?
It's alright though, they came back and they said it was nothing

Arabelle:
Dummy.
It's not 'nothing.'
It actually follows a rather basic rule: keep them well-fed and they'll multiply.
The ones at the higher levels, I assume, were the ones tasked with gathering the eggs? It would be more efficient with their skills. So they wouldn't be carelessly giving them away for an experiment.
And where, I ask, do the lower-tiered members usually gather?

There was a long pause in the stream of messages. She could imagine the scout had frozen up in realization in some random floor way above them. Arabelle took the time to pick some flowers as Mishiro kept a close watch on her line.

Claude:
In the NT areas of Floors 1 & 11, most especially the [Garden] you're at now
And those areas aren't exactly guild-limited either; if some players spotted them feeding the mobs to that result, the practice would have spread like wildfire
oh god
Thank you, Arabelle. I'll inform everyone

Spoiler

Gathering:
ID: 142313 | LD: 16 | CD: 10

[3/3 full energy regen]

Arabelle: 575/600 HP | 60/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

LOOT (round)

• 2 T2 materials
  • 6 chocolate eggs

LOOT (total)

• 39,600 col
  • 45 T2 materials
  • 92 chocolate eggs

Mishiro starting the practice, Claude informing his guildmates and carelessly taking part in the joint decision(?) that led it to be handled by the less experienced members, then the lower-tiered members themselves leaving too many stones unturned in their investigation and giving a faulty report.

"—So everyone is to blame!"

"You're having a little too much fun with this."

"Why should I not? No one died or anything, right?" Arabelle giggled, making a twirling motion of her hand that resummoned Shikama Douji. Energy back to full, they had their eyes on an isolated group of bunnies. "Besides~, I thought it was amusing. How everything fell into place to cause this... like a butterfly effect? Or how a couple wrong cogs could turn the machine all haywire? Isn't that a part of the problem of relying on others...?"

"We wouldn't get anywhere if we do it all by ourselves."

Mishiro stood back, equipment and instant effects at the ready, as the small purple-haired girl took off without acknowledging her response and engaged the group of bunnies.

Spoiler

ROLLS

ID: 142316 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | MD: 7 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 13 | 90 - 30 = 60 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142317 | BD: 6 | MD: 9 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 14 | 90 + 1 = 91 - 30 = 61 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142318 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | MD: 6 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 15 | 90 - 30 = 60 DMG -> Arabelle
ID: 142319 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 | MD: 2 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 16

STATS

14 + (2 * 4) = 22 EN

Arabelle: 394/600 HP | 38/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 13: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 14: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 15: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 16: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (total)

• 39,600 col
  • 45 T2 materials
  • 92 chocolate eggs

They weren't as surprised as the previous bunch; two attacked her alternately, their claws and teeth leaving virtual red gashes all over her armor. Arabelle slammed the bottom side of her scythe on the ground, spooking them all off with the slight tremor it generated and its loud sound. Now that they knew the problem, there was only one way to get rid of it: what she had been doing since the beginning of the event.

Extermination. Apparently, being heartless had its benefits after all!

The player's eyes shone with bright excitement as she dashed forward, ridding herself of three fluffy mobs with a single sweeping attack. Amid the mob fragments falling like snowflakes on a winter day, she cautiously auto-looted all of their drops and her eyes quickly switching between skimming the items she looted and surveying her immediate surroundings in search of the last one that had dodged her attack.

Spoiler

ROLLS

Combat:

ID: 142320 | BD: 1 | MD: 1 
ID: 142321 | BD: 6 | MD: 10 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 14
ID: 142322 | BD: 5 + 4 = 9 | MD: 6 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 15
ID: 142323 | BD: 8 | MD: 5 | Explode Catapult: 12 * 14 = 168 DMG -> Easter Bunny 16

Loot:

ID: 142324 | LD: 16 + 6 = 22 | CD: 1
ID: 142325 ~ voided, wrong mob # in roll purpose.
ID: 142326 | LD: 17 + 6 = 23 | CD: 8
ID: 142327 | LD: 19 + 6 = 25 | CD: 6

STATS

14 + (2 * 3) = 20 EN

Arabelle: 394/600 HP | 19/60 EN | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 4 ACC | 6 LD | 3 Prosperity

Easter Bunny 13: 162/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 14: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 15: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG
Easter Bunny 16: 0/330 HP | 90 DMG

LOOT (round)

+ [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2)
    + [330 * (4 + 3)] + (330 * 2) + (330 * 7)
    = 11,220 col
  • 1 + 2
    + 1 + 2
    + 1 + 2
    = 9 T2 materials
  • 2 + 5 + 3 = 10 chocolate eggs
  • [x6] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142324] [#142326-a] [#142326-b] [#142327-a] [#142327-b] [#142327-c]
  • [x2] T2 Perfect Light Armor [#142324] [#142326]

LOOT (total)

• 50,820 col
  • 54 T2 materials
  • 102 chocolate eggs
  • [x10] T2 Perfect Weapon [#142254-a] [#142254-b] [#142269] [#142286] [#142324] [#142326-a] [#142326-b] [#142327-a] [#142327-b] [#142327-c]
  • [x6] T2 Perfect Light Armor [#142253] [#142254] [#142283-a] [#142283-b] [#142324] [#142326]