(F17-SP) Returning with wishful thinking [Challenge of Olympus]

Eruda went AWOL after getting accepted into the guild Firm Anima. Not sure she could handle what was next and yet to come, Eruda ran scared and locked herself from everyone that showed her kindness. Spending all this time not talking with another living soul because it was what Eruda was used to in the real world. Reverting back to her old ways not knowing if she would be able to handle being in a group or part of a team. What went on with her a Raidou scared her because no one in the real world would have ever treated her with the kindness that he showed her that day that she disappeared. Thinking that there was another motive for why he would present himself to her that first day that the giant boar almost killed her. After these last long lonely days, Eruda decides to get off her butt and face her fears.

Spoiler

Elda: The Non-Social Butterfly

Level: 9

HP: 180/180

EN: 18/18

Weapon: Black Steel Razor (Curved Sword) +1 Damage

Armor: 

Misc: Silver-etched pink diamond bracelet +2 Accuracy

Damage: +3

Mitigation:

Accuracy: +2

Skills:

One-Handed Curved Sword (Rank 1) +1 Damage

Armor Skill: Heavy Armor (Rank 1) No Armor Yet

Block (Rank 1) No Shield Yet

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready:

Edited by Eruda

Eruda was ready to figure out why Raidou scared her so much or why the feeling of warmth inside her body only happened while they spent that little time together what seemed now like ages ago. She was sure that this was because he was a genuinely nice guy but still was highly confused about the entire thing. Eruda stands in her shop with books she had collected over this time of pondering and sorting out thoughts that still were not clear to her. Lost in her mind, Eruda jumps to a notification popping up in front of her. Being absent from this reality for so long, Eruda decides that this quest would be her chance to start over with no fears attached. This was her hopes at least as her eyes look over the now what looks to be a challenge quest. 

[Quest Available!]
The goddess Aphrodite wishes to test your skills as a Tailor. Succeed and your reward will be worth the time spent. Fail and you will be no better than the others who have crossed my path. Do you accept my Challenge? 
[Quest Location: Floor 17]
[Do you accept?]
[Yes/No] 

"Hmm a quest to test my tailoring skills. This is something I might be able to do" Eruda smiles a bit and excepts the quest. 

Edited by Eruda

Eruda proceeds to look over the quest information in depth so she knows where to go. After a few minutes, Eruda closes her HUD and searches around for her sword that hasn't been used for such a long time. Spotting it on her table with fabrics and threads littered about, she takes the blade into her hand and swings it around swiftly for a moment before sheathing it on her back. "I think after this I need to confront Firm Anima and see if they will still take me. Only then will I get better equipment for myself" Eruda says determined now to make amends for her leaving so abruptly. Taking her bracelet of the table as well and placing it back on her wrist, Eruda walks out of the shop, closing and locking the door behind her. 

Walking outside, the sun blurs her vision as it was bright against her fragile eyes. Raising a hand above her brows for cover from the raging beams, Eruda glances around trying to remember where the teleportation circle was. 

Edited by Eruda

It doesn't take long for Eruda to find the glowing circle in the middle of town on floor 1. Everything started to flow back to her now. Watching a small ghostly figure formed from her own mind of Raidou walking toward the exit and into the fields. Eruda closes her eyes and shakes her head to get the forced vision from her sight. Walking to the teleporter, Eruda glances at the restaurant that Raidou met her at such a very long time ago. Frowning a bit Eruda steps into the glowing light saying in a small voice "Floor 17" as she was carried into what seemed like a weightless nothing. Her feet hit the ground with eyes trying to refocus themselves. "I really hope I don't run into any creatures. I'm too low of a level and not equipped to be fighting alone right now" Eruda says as her sight returns seeing large set builds with marble exteriors.

The flooring for this town was a light red marble that seemed to reflect against the bright sunlight above. Eruda's eyes began to wonder, seeing groups of players laughing and others just talking. Some people sitting against the building having a meal together. A frown slowly starts to paint across her face seeing every enjoy themselves except for her. Eruda has excepted what her Gemini was saying. That she was too scared to face anyone and she held on to had happened in 9th grade for so long that she started to believe what everyone was telling Freya about her on a daily bases. The fact of the matter, Eruda couldn't help but feel alone. Freya had left her for a guy and right now the only thing she has to hold on to was Raidou, in the hopes that he would forgive her for leaving so abruptly. Tears start to form in her eyes as she begins walking toward the marker.

Edited by Eruda

Eruda stops as tears fall down her face. "STOP, I came to this game to find my way, to make a difference in my life but all I have managed to do is fail. Time and time again I fail." Wiping her tears from her face now she takes a minute to breathe. Her heart rate was rising and she was trying to calm herself before she continued. Closing her eyes balls her hands into fists. "I will not fail anymore. From this point on I will only grow. Get stronger..." saying with a deep slow exhale. "I will prove that I am worth being around, worth other people's time..." She wasn't sure where she would go from here but she knew dam sure that the only thing she wanted to do is get stronger from here on out. She opens her eyes now and starts walking the beaten path that the icon pointed her to.

Edited by Eruda
  • 6 months later...

The heat burns against her skin but she does not care. The sun blares against her eyes but she doesn't notice. She feels the heat on the bottom of her feet and somehow it's refreshing. Although she knew not why she was okay with the humid air around her, she would figure that out at a later date. After some time of walking rather quickly at that, she comes to a mountainside with a long swirled trail going right up the middle. Following the path with her eyes, she couldn't see where it lead. Glancing back behind her she takes a deep breath and starts walking up this unknown trail, knowing for sure that the icon leads this way. Her legs start to feel limp but she pushes through the uncomfortable feeling. It seemed to go forever, but looking back behind her again she was barely half up. She continues on... 

Edited by Eruda

Eruda was getting tired, her breath became a bit uneven but she knew that if she couldn't handle this then what was the point of everything else. In a small distance in front of her, a figure appears of what seemed like from thin air. A large brown beast creature with twisted horns right above its pointed ears. Eruda stands there staring for a moment as she slowly reaches for her weapon. "There is no need for that Eruda. I have come to help guide you the rest of the pathing toward your destination." Eruda stops and puts her hand back down. Thinking for sure it was some form of trap, she says "You know my name...Where will you lead me to?" Eruda was testing him, trying to figure out if he knew where she was going. "Very curious type. My master Aphrodite is expecting you. This way, watch your footing though. It seems to get bumpy from here on out." The large beast starts continuing up the path. Eruda follows with caution...  

• 1 month later...

She follows this large thing up the trail, the sound of tiny rocks upon her feet. A rumble in the distance, causing Eruda to look up from the ground. Rocks fall from the side of the mountain. Moving a little so that she wasn't biffed by one. She was still so much in her head. She barely knew where she was at this time, it all just felt like a bad dream. She started thinking about Raidou again. How he pinned her against the tree, they were so close and Eruda was so nervous. Thoughts on repeat, the feelings she was getting. Why did she have to fall for a guy when she first got here. Why did she have to fuck it up so bad. She knew why she came to this game, to make friends with people who had not a clue who she was. But this guy, this one-man... what made him so special. He showed her kindness and never left her alone when she was vulnerable. The first real person, that she had talked to in a while and she done fucked it up.

Was it because he was so kind to her that she felt the need to leave. Was she that use to rejection that she couldn't let herself feel for once in her life. She had made the red robe for this man and gave him things to help start him out. A pair of glasses that seemed fitting for him. He seemed so full of knowledge and he seemed perfect. Perfect...was that even a thing. Everyone has their flaws but this man showed very little of them. In the short time that she spent with him, he seemed perfect. The picture image of a person that she could never find herself being with. She couldn't see herself with anyone because she felt so weak and pathetic. It's what others saw her as and it was hard to get past that feeling. That feeling that everyone expected you to be something but inside you wanted to be so much more. Much more than you knew you were.  

Eruda wanted to be so much more. She wanted to be someone that others could depend on. Someone that others could love, she spent so much time believing what everyone else was telling her that she actually started to think it was true. This game was supposed to be a new start for her. Somewhere she could show people that she wasn't that pathetic girl that hid in the corner of a room in fear that they would choke on her words. That she would say something stupid and others would laugh. Why did Raidou have to be so kind. Why did he have to be the first one to be nice to her. Every guy that she came across at school was so mean to her. Was it the school that was the problem or was it her. Eruda sighs as she was oh so very confused about everything. Raidou showed her the one thing that not even her own sister showed her. 

In her own thoughts, she had not realized that they had arrived at the top of the mountain. Without words, the large creature opens a set of large metal doors revealing a big empty room with creative art windows and a large table. The table set a bunch of chairs in the middle of the room. Within these chairs, there were shadow-like figures. Some large and others short and slim.  They were all just shadow figures though, all but one. Getting up from her seat, "Ah, another tailor to finish the job." Eruda looks to the blond, just about her height. Something else catches her attention though. A pedestal with a medium glass case upon it. Within the glass laid a pair of gloves. "Ah, I see my almost master piece has your attention," she smirks as it gains Eruda attention. Walking toward it very curious now. "What are they made from," Eruda gently touches the glass with a soft hand.

Edited by Eruda
  • 3 weeks later...

She glances back at the lady, taking her hand off the glass. "I am truly sorry, where are my manors," she says with a small bow toward the sandy blond. Giving a small chuckle she saying "It is quite all right. I am Aphrodite, the god of tailoring if you have yet to hear of me." She circles around the pedestal with her fingers curving across the glass. At that very moment behind, across from Eruda now, she lifts the glass off the display as the view of such becomes clear. "Tell me, dear, what do you see. Tell me what this piece is made from." She was testing Eruda to see if she knew her fabrics. "I would not touch it though," she says suddenly knowing right and well what it could do to a not so god-like figure.

Eruda gives a small sigh as she starts to examine the gauntlet in better lighting. With a closer view now she sees a small essence of mist coming from it. Placing her hand just above the mist, it feels cool to the touch. Raising a brow just a bit she inspects it more.

Edited by Eruda

There were one or two materials that she could recognize. Mainly from her activities back home. The one most vibrant though, the one that gives off the essence was new to her. "Hard leather and a thick cloth of sorts. The blue one though... I have never seen such a thing at least not til now." A small chuckle from behind her causes Eruda to turn. "You have a decent eye on your shoulders, but not knowing is half the fun, my dear. This enlightenment brings me to your challenge. There are bundles of yarn and threads just sitting on the table there," she points to the table that was not there just seconds ago. "Find the right one and lace a coding of the right material onto this gauntlet. Feed it through wrong and you will soon feel what freezer burn would feel like without the actual pain of course..." The god then vanishes and reappears in her seat with her head on her hand, held up by the table she sat at, watching her.

Now placing all other thoughts out of her mind, she gets to work. Walking to the table her eyes peal over all the different possibilities. A rainbow of colors, each with a different length and depth. A needle lay upon the surface, just one, one size. Taking the needle in hand she walks back to the almost masterpiece as the god had put it and glances over it more carefully. The light blue material gleamed in the light and she could now see that it was the source of the cold mist. She recognized the material as silk, but that was a large range of what it really was. There were many different types of such and given the cold factor, and maybe she could use it. Walking back to the table she scans over everything. After a few moments, she picks up a piece of yarn and starts threading it through the needle. When it was threaded through she realize it was a bit short but she would make it work if she had to. Taking a few steps toward the gauntlets she puts the needle mere inches from them before the yarn freezes up and bursts into data...

A few more attempts with a few other different threads and strings...The same thing though. Everything that she put against this pair of Gauntlets froze and burst. Standing in front of the mess of colors now she thinks. Maybe it has to be strung from the same material. With the idea, pops a few different fabrics and leathers on the table as well. She takes a pair of scissors and starts cutting very thin strands of different materials. Enough so that they could thread through the only needle that was present to her. After some dedicated time, she was able to cut some slim pieces. Threading one at a time through the needle, she tries to get near the almost master craft with it...The same thing...Each makeshift string froze and burst into data. "What the heck..." Eruda says now highly confused. This god wouldn't make this task impossible so what was she missing. 

Edited by Eruda

Taking a deep breath as she closes her eyes now. This was something she did on a daily for years being alone in that shop of hers. Figuring out how each material worked with the other in every scenario. She worked hard to get good at it so that she would be good at at least one thing. She just needed to figure out what she was missing. She opens her eyes and walks to where the Gauntlets were. She knew that she was told not to touch them, but she knew at this point that if she wanted to do this right then she had to do just that. Taking a deep breath she moves her fingers across the only unknown material. With the touch, her fingers started to become cold...very very cold. She was right about one thing though, it was a form of silk. The smoothness gave that away. After a few moments, her fingers began to freeze. Eruda grins and removes her fingers from the silk now. Watching her hand now, the ice began to travel down her fingers to her hand and slightly up her wrist, down her arm. 

"Ice silk, that's what I was missing," she says as she quickly walks to the table of strings and fabrics. Her hands start to shift through the multi-colored strings and yarns. After some glancing around she finds a few strings that catch her eyes. They were light blue, as she picks one up, the texture is as silk. Almost a strong webbed feeling. Thick silk string, how did she not think of this earlier. It was weird though, this piece kept switching from a cold to lukewarm feeling. "Perfect," she says as she starts threading it through her needle. Eruda was not paying any attention to her surroundings right now just what was in front of her and the task that was given. The god that was still sitting in her chair slumped over now perks up where she sat. She knew right then that Eruda had figure it out. A large grin paints across her face now as she watches the event unfold.

Eruda practically runs to the displayed item now and starts to carefully creates a layer of thickness within the interior of where the hands would be placed when equipped. She decides to make her own little designs on it but creates enough webbing that it should still work. The entire time she was working on this, Eruda's face was lit up. She was enjoying herself very much. The god removes herself from the chair with the last touches that Eruda makes. Taking the scissors, Eruda snips and ties the silk string. Backing away slightly now, she places the cutting supplies on the table and glances down at the Gauntlets. A bright white glow then light blue was given from them. Standing next to her now the god begins to speak but Eruda instinctively walks to them and picks them up off the display. The god gasps just a bit before realizing that Eruda didn't freeze.

Edited by Eruda

"Well done, young tailor. You have successfully made these undoubtedly usable. Congratulations Eruda," she says as Eruda smiles and places the now MasterPiece back on display. The god fetches the glass back where it belonged and looks to Eruda. Eruda turns to her as the god says "I am happy to give you this as a gift and reward for all the hard work you have done here." Just then the god raises her hand as does Eruda. A glow within both hands of the giver and taker before something appears in Eruda's hands. "You will become a great tailor someday Eruda's," she tells her with a smile. Eruda half bows toward the god before she takes a seat back in her chair. Eruda felt a weight lifted off her chest. As she starts walking back toward the exit, the doors begin to open on their own. Walking through them now fully open, she chuckles a bit as she places the item received in her pouch. 

Her next journey was going to be tough but she knew that she needed to face her fears and talk with Raidou. She wanted to make a difference and this was the first step in doing just that. 

Thread Complete FINALLY!!
Eruda: 
3 SP (1 for Page, One for event??, 1 For Quest Completion)
(+1) CD Tool, Aphrodite's Loom
400 Col for page