[PP|F4]<<Avalanche>> Hot and Cold

There weren't that many quests out on floor four, but Yuki would die if she had to go back up to floor nine any time soon than ever again. The cold breeze of this floor would be ten times better than the heat of the last one. She stopped in the city to collect the quest. A hidden field boss in the tundra of the fourth floor that would pretty easy for her to take down alone if she wanted to. However, where was the fun in doing quests alone if she was allowed to bring other people?

The paladin pulled open her menu and scrolled through her friend's list and looked through all the people she had made friends with. Mari, Life, Cord, Arabelle, Macradon, Azhoda, Night, and Cro-. Oh hey! Crozeph would be the perfect person to take along with her on this quest. She pulled up their messaging menu and sent him something.

"Meet me on Floor four and let's have some fun!"
-Yuki~

@Crozeph

Spoiler

General
Level: 27 | HP:  570/570 | Energy: 54/54 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 4 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | Thorns: 18 

Skills
R2 OHAS, R4 Heavy Armor, R1 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, Concentration

Mods
Athletics

Equipment(In use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): 1MIT, 2 Thorns
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC 3
White Spear - Lux(OHAS): 2 Bleed, 1 Taunt

Equipment(Standby)
Ice Wall(Shield): MIT 3

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)
Oyakodon with Miso - Overhealth 2

Edited by Zajcica

He's back to his bad habit, sleeping anywhere. Crozeph had been taking a nap under a tree in Floor 1, a very fitting habit for someone as lazy as him. It's not because he doesn't want to do anything... he has nothing to do. His basic routine is gathering materials and identifying items and then he'd rest for a day or two and by rest it means he would take naps everywhere. Today was the same, he wanted to at least get something from dungeon's but his plans are already taking place, and with that Crozeph's day remained dull. He gazed at the sky and watched the clouds pass by. He wasn't as free as them but he liked looking at it, seeing them move even if it's just a simulation is enough for him "there should be something to do today, I don't want to get back at the shop right now" he thought.

Five minutes, time passed and he's still staring at the clouds and then all of a sudden a message appeared. A person who helped him on Cerberus and it looks like she's planning something of an adventure, not that it mattered, Crozeph would help her as far as he can. He stood up and dusted the grass off his back and shoulder and began to make his way to the portal and go to Floor 4 "finally something to do" he thought.

FLOOR FOUR

The cold breeze and snow greeted Crozeph as he entered Floor 4 but he seemed to have grown accustomed to it. He quickly walked around Snowfrost looking for Yuki. She's easy to spot, someone with a pink hair color would stand out on a town covered with snow. It took a few minutes but he found her rather quickly. Crozeph walked towards her, his hands inside the sleeves of his haori. 'How's the girl from a small town doing?" Crozeph stretched out his hand and patted her in the head. 'I'm guessing we're gonna eat ice cream here right?" he asked, things are getting less dull and he doesn't mind where they'd go from here on out.

Spoiler

Stats

• Level: 24
  • HP: 480/480 I Energy: 48 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I +1 Savvy

Skills

• Curved Sword R1
  • Katana R4
  • Light Armor R2
  • Battle Healing R2
  • First Aid R1
  • Survival [extra]
  • Meditation [Extra]

Equips

• Bleeding Dove +3 damage
  • Kuro Yukata +3 LD
  • Yagyu's Legacy +2 EVA +1 Savvy

@Zajcica

Yuki watched Crozeph approach her from the portal. She wasn't that far away since she was waiting on him there. The girl waved him down with a smile.

"Hey there Crow. I'm doing alright." She opened up her menu and scrolled through some of the items until she found the vanity food that she had made. It had no buff on it, but she was sure that Crozeph would appreciate it. Also, she was sure he probably hadn't had a good meal since they last saw each other. "Here! You can have this for helping me! If you want something with a buff, I'll make sure to make it next time I get home."

The girl took another item from her inventory and started to eat some of the vanity bento like she had given Crow. It was filled with all sorts of foods Ika Teriyaki, California rolls, crab rangoons and rice. All still as warm as when they were made.

@Crozeph

"Glad to see you're doing fine" he said. Crozeph was always relaxed with her and he liked how it was. Her offer of food made Crozeph more eager to do things for their adventure "another free food for me?!" Crozeph exclaimed. He picked a California roll and took a bite "man your cooking is always top-notch, I might become a regular at your shop if this continues" he told her. Crozeph enjoyed the food and it would be a shame if they didn't eat it before they embark "let's go somewhere where w can eat properly" he told her.

They made their way inside a tavern, a really quiet tavern. There were no players at the time and it seems that they can eat at peace inside. Crozeph sat down and looked at the window. "are we planning to go up the mountains?" he asked her. The tavern was warm inside just like the food Yuki gave him, everything was made of wood or oak but Crozeph couldn't differentiate from those. There's a fireplace and some players eating also. He grabbed another from the bento and ate with delight, he had been spoiled by Yuki when it comes to food and he is always grateful for it. It's not every day that someone gives him something free to eat aside from bread.

@Zajcica

Yuki sat down at the table and opened her menu to grab some of her own chop sticks. When she got them, she started with "Ittadakimasu!" The girl then starts to eat the meats that she had prepared.

Crozeph mentioned the food for free. It was weird becuase it wasn't like she was giving to him for free, it was payment for helping her with the quest. "Well, it's not really for free, Crow. You're helping me with a quest so this is fair payment, I hope..." It was then that Yuki remembered how she had woken up clinged to Crows back in the bed. Her face instantly washed red and she couldn't help but wonder if he remembered it. He had woken up first so it was him who saw her there first.

"Ne? Crow, sorry about... y'know, what happened at the inn on floor nine. I was sleeping pretty heavily."

@Crozeph

"Oh? well then I still think I'm getting paid too much" he replied. It may seem like a payment but Crozeph was more than grateful for what she gave him. Crozeph can get food whenever he wants but sometimes eating something made by someone who likes cooking so much can be a treat for him. He isn't a picky eater as long as the taste isn't too strong, he's usually sensitive on tastes. "A quest? I know one quest that I did here" he told her. Back in his early days being trapped in Aincrad, Crozeph did a lot of quests solo and one is on Floor 4. "There's this quest boss here and it's some kind of ice golem, is that the one you're taking?" he asked her. Crozeph didn't have the info that could help her but he was sure that it was a huge creature that he managed to kill on his own.

Crozeph saw Yuki turn red as if she's embarrassed and then told him about that time where they shared the same bed together after defeating Cerberus. Crozeph finished his roll and scratched his head with his index finger. He didn't know what to say to her but he has to try or Yuki would be flustered the rest of the trip. "I don't mind about you moving closer to me, I kinda know that you're tired from the quest so didn't bother to wake you up"  he told her. During that time Crozeph has already a carefree attitude around her and it was fine with him "if we share the same bed again you can move close to me, I'm fine with it. It's not like you're gonna kill me in my sleep right? and besides I think you slept well that day"  he added.

@Zajcica

Yuki listened to his response about sleeping together in a bed again. She could... move closer? What was he saying out of nowhere?! Her face continued to turn a deeper red as he went on. He was probably only looking at in a practical way, but she was absolutely taking it in a much more perverted way than he meant.

"A-Are you sure something like that is okay?! I... I woke up so confused and embarrassed but you're taking it so lightly..." She tried to hide her face a little bit while she ate. "And yeah, that's the quest I planned on doing if that is fine with you. I heard it gives a decent amount of experience and I am only a little bit of experience away from grand-mastering the heavy armor skill. This quest will give me the amount of experience I need to fill that requirement and then I'll be as good as possible with heavy armor."

@Crozeph

"Hm?" Crozeph thought hard for a second at what Yuki told him. It was natural for him, Crozeph is a person who has a vague understanding of what is and what is not normal between a boy and a girl. He had a best friend a girl but he and his friend would waste their time insulting each other or trying to incapacitate one another during kendo practice. "I'm not really taking it lightly, I just don't know what it means." He had always been naive when it comes to the opposite sex and the only thing that matters to him is to not look weird or earn the suspicion of being a pervert even if he's not "I figured you might be having a hard time sleeping on your own so I kinda allowed it which is fine by me" he said. If there was someone who can pull off naiveness, and stupidity in terms of socializing with girls then it would be Crozeph and this is one of those times.

"Of course I'll help you," he told her without a hind of hesitation "compared to Cerberus this one doesn't spawn minions, as far as I know, as soon as you see it we can whack it out really good," he told her "plus no one's passing out because of the cold but I suggest we bring some wood for campfires" he added. Crozeph was weak to extreme temperatures but he can always figure something out.

@Zajcica

Yuki seemed a bit stuck in her own shock. It was difficult enough for her to understand these feelings if they were actually trying to become a couple, but Crozpeh's reaction to them literally sleeping together was so laid back. The confusion was visible on the girl's face, but she tried to put it away once her food was finished.

"Look, I can sleep just fine on my own. I just... I enjoyed it... It was a nice change of pace that my mother would have drop kicked me for if she'd known. She wants me to find love, but she'd kill me if I knew I shared a bed with a boy." She was about to drive the nail in the coffin, even though it might be a bit too early for something like this. "Do you like me or what Crow? You're giving me mixed signals and I'm so confused with what to do with them."

@Crozeph

Crozeph fell silent. Its as if he was struck by something, he didn't mean it but somehow he had caused someone to feel uneasy with his words. "How are you going to deal with Crowzeph?" a voice in his head echoed. He felt angry to himself, it's been a while since he messed up like this but he has to be true to himself. Yuki was raised right based on what he heard and he felt envy for it and at the same time he just made someone upset because of how stupid and laidback he can be to a girl. "Tell her Crozeph, aren't you supposed to be blunt? how people think you're a weirdo because you can say anything you want? tell her" his thought got louder and this time he has to be honest for both of them.

"I don't like you," he said with his eyes back to its calm yet weary expression "I can't just like someone I met a few times" he added. His words were cold as the weather outside "I don't hate you either, I enjoy being with you which is a rare thing for me because I generally dislike people but your cheerfulness it also makes me happy." Crozeph stared at the table, this would mean that he has to keep his guard up, not from Yuki but for himself, "I'm sorry if I gave you those mixed feelings that you told me, I'll keep my distance from now on so you don't have to worry about what to do with them." It got silent after he said those words "maybe I'm not cut for this" his thoughts echoed.

@Zajcica

Yuki stood in her angered position while she thought on what he just said. It was the answer she was expecting, honestly, so she didn't feel bad at all. Her mind was just eating away this whole thing and she just couldn't stand not knowing. She doesn't know what it means to be flirted to, so now she had screwed up two of these situations with her stupid words.

Th-Thank you Crow." She said taking a seat to cool off. "I apologize for getting emotional like that. I'm not used to these feelings and I'm a bit dense when it comes to touchy-feely feelings. I couldn't tell if you were trying to get close to me in a roundabout way. I just like direct conversation. Tip-toeing around a subject is just a way to delay any reaction and it pisses me off. I enjoy your company, so please don't be mad at me for losing my cool. I don't think anyone outside my family has enjoyed my cooking as much as you have, it makes me so happy when I see you enjoying the meal."

The girl gave him a smile and stood from her chair. "If you're done, we can go ahead and get started. Remember, worry about doubts before or after a battle. You're a strong guy, but I need you in the right head-space or my tanking won't last long enough for us to kill it, 'kay?"

@Crozeph

Crozeph nodded his head. It was hard to speak now as he felt that anything would probably cause trouble for them. He stood up and followed Yuki as they got outside. The cold breeze struck Crozeph as if someone poured cold water at him. He hid his arms inside his sleeves and walked beside her. It didn't seem like a heavy fall today but Crozeph knew the consequences of getting into extreme weather. Crozeph remembered that Mari lives in Floor Four, he wasn't planning on visiting her since he just did a few days ago. "What do you mean outside of your family who enjoyed your cooking? are the people in your shop complaining?" he asked. It was hard to dislike her cooking and Crozeph wondered if anyone gave her a rude comment on it.

The mountains is where they are going to find the boss and Crozeph tried his best to shake the feeling "I don't like wolves, I hope we don't meet any" he told himself. Crozeph was silent, his thoughts still on what she said earlier "I'd probably get a good dropkick in the face if her mother finds out" he thought. Crozeph couldn't remember if anyone in his family ever thought about him being with a girl. He grew up in a family with the mother being the only female while he only has one friend of the opposite sex "does Mari count? she seemed more of a big sister to me lately" he thought. Crozeph realized it now, he didn't know how to deal with girls "s**t I should've realized sooner" Crozeph shook off the snow on his head as they walked, it annoys him having snow on his head.

@Zajcica

Yuki led the way, trudging through the snow and leaving her prints with every step. They would get filled in pretty quick thanks to the falling snow, however. The cold didn't bother her, it was usually pretty cold in Japanese winters but she was also completely donned with metal armor and leather fittings. Only her face and thighs were feeling the brunt of the hostile temperature. Crozeph mentioned what she said about her cooking.

"Nuh, well, no. People like my cooking, I know it. The thing is that you really seem to enjoy my food over anyone else's and your opinion is unbaised to it unlike my families. You don't tell me that it is good because I'm your daughter or sister or relative of any kind. It's a genuine, honest opinion on my cooking and I just love to see how it makes you smile is all." Her face was a little red. Why did talking about this stuff have to be so awkward. Maybe it was because how she mentioned that she liked his smile. 

They had spent some time already climbing the mountains. It wouldn't be too much longer until they reached the ice elemental that lived up here.

@Crozeph

It didn't really make sense to him, he wasn't a picky eater. The best term for him is someone deprived of nice meals. Crozeph smiled as he remembers the food he ate "I'm always grateful when it comes to food" he told her "before I went to college I moved out of our house, much to my father's chagrin. He didn't want me to leave but I had to" Crozeph felt more relieved talking about his past now, it probably helped that he had someone to talk to, it would be different if Yuki met him earlier when he was hating and distrusting people. "Since then I didn't have the time to cook for myself because I also work part-time and meals that are so good to eat warm turned into cup noodles and bread" he said "I do eat out but nothing beats food cooked inside your own house or place. I can always taste that authentic home-cooked meals from yours, you must've learned all this from your mother?" he asked her.

They are near the boss and it would seem that Crozeph needs to ready his sword for battle, There are no environmental effects fighting it but he knew all too well how to fight in a thick snow on a high place. One misstep and he'll be seeing himself falling down.

@Zajcica

Yuki listened to Crozeph as he explained some of his back ground. He seemed like he came from a less than fortunate family, but not quite like what Yuki had. Her parents were pretty middle of line when it came to how much money they made. The made enough and just a little extra. It was a good stable life. Maybe Crow had it a little bit tougher than she did. She was going to make a comment but then the conversation was deflected onto her.

"Uh, right. My mom taught me how to cook around the age of seventeen. I didn't really start getting good at it until I was about twenty or so. The game makes it easier to cook by letting the system simplify the process. You just have to know how to mix flavors to make it taste good, is all." She mentioned. "Y-You're welcome to come by my shop any time for food. Buff or no buff. Anything I make for you that is vanity is free, so please keep coming back."

With that the Avalanche spawned in front of them. It was an opening in the cliff side large enough for it to spawn. Yuki took out her lance and it instantly turned pink. With a quick rush, she got into battle. Missing her target, but dodging it's first attack. She already had it's attention.

@Crozeph

image.thumb.png.c41a1ee242f0d284cc7e738f6197c5e0.png

Yuki | HP:  570/570 | Energy: 50/54 (-4) | DMG: 4 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | Thorns: 18 
Crozeph HP: 480/480 I Energy: 48/48 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I +1 Savvy

Avalanche
HP
: 100/100
Damage per Attack: 40

Edited by Zajcica

"That sounds nice, you have a really nice mother," he said. Their conversation was cut short when Avalanche revealed itself. The creature was what Crozeph expected it to be, a huge living heap of ice. The roar of it upon seeing them was less scary for him, Crozeph doesn't get scared twice unless it's some kind of huge insect. "Hello big guy how's it goi-" Crozeph saw Yuki rush in to attack Avalanche "straight to the point huh?" he said in amusement. Yuki's attack however didn't deal damage and neither did  Avalanche.  Yuki was able to dodge and everything was set with its attention on the pink-haired tank.

Crozeph placed his hand on the hilt of his katana "let's try to put an advantage on our side" he uttered. Crozeph went past Yuki, his speed kicking in as he begins his attack. As soon as he reached Avalanche he planted his left foot on the snow, it didn't sink in and Crozeph knew that he can do what he's been practicing lately, his Batto Jutsu. Crozeph unsheathed his sword as fast as he can and unleashed multiple slashes on Avalanche, the blood-red edge of his katana gleam as if it was a bloodstain on the snow. Avalanche flinched, it was a huge damage and probably tiring for Crozeph. 

He jumped back to Yuki, making sure she can defend for both of them, Avalanche's HP was reduced and the only thing left is for Yuki or him to finish the monster off as quickly as they can.

• ID: 145087
  • BD: 6 success
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base x8 Haku Senpu = 80 damage to Avalanche
Spoiler

Yuki | HP:  570/570 | Energy: 54/54 | DMG: 4 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | Thorns: 18 
Crozeph HP: 480/480 I Energy: 40/48 I DMG: 11 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I +1 Savvy

Avalanche
HP
: 20/100

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki watched the tower of a monster's HP drop into the red instantly. Crozeph's single target damage was pretty good compared to her. She couldn't even deal a third of that damage with her strongest sword art if she landed a major critical.

No time to be awestruck. They had a fight in front of them and the big guy was already almost done for, she would finish this easily. Her lance shined pink against the contrast of the white snow and jabbed into the giant ice elemental three times. The final blow made it crack, then finally exploded into blue polygons. The congratulations screen appeared in front of them and Yuki's screen updated with the final blow reward Snowfrost. It looked like a powerful tanking salve, so she would probably keep it for herself.

"Well, you made that rather easy, didn't you Crow? Guess I paid the right man to help me out." She smiled at him and started to lead the way back to town.

image.thumb.png.685ee07342b7f2b849feab1ba9646ed9.png
image.thumb.png.6fe70dc2ea47d6cbcd66313e232a65cb.png

Yuki | HP:  570/570 | Energy: 46/54 (-4) | DMG: 4 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | Thorns: 18 
Crozeph HP: 480/480 I Energy: 40/48 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I +1 Savvy

Avalanche
HP
: 0/100

Edited by Zajcica
  • ID: 145338
  • BD: 9 critical
  • Crozeph dealt 11 damage to Avalanche

Yuki | HP:  570/570 | Energy: 46/54 (-4) | DMG: 4 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | Thorns: 18 
Crozeph HP: 480/480 I Energy: 40/48 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I +1 Savvy

Avalanche
HP
: 0/100

Crozeph's blow was the last one the Avalanche could take before it shattered. Crozeph gave a smile of satisfaction "well that was easy"  he thought. Crozeph followed Yuki as they began to make their way down from the area back to the settlement. Crozeph remembered how Avalanche gave him a hard time to deal with attacks. he had no sword arts back then and his mediocre equipment was already a bad idea for him to take on Avalanche alone.

Snow fell on Crozeph's head again, it was annoying for him. The cold was the least of his problem now but it was still annoying. While Floor 4 is far from being hated by Crozeph, He didn't like to stay for too long with the exception of staying inside the settlement. There were frozen lakes and wolves which he didn't like but the settlement looked like a village stuck on Christmas for Crozeph. 

"I try to tell myself that this place is nice but considering all dangers outside and the weather, I would prefer a floor with a much more peaceful fauna," he told Yuki "I'm not even used to cold weathers and this is coming from someone who spent his high school and college in Japan." Crozeph stayed most of his time indoors during winter, he didn't want to catch a cold. "It sucks to have a weak immune system, this is why I wanted to eat healthy food but we don't get sick here right?" he asked her as they walked.

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Weak immune system? Was Crozeph that feeble in real life? He looked fine to her in the game, but now she worried that she walking glass talking about something like that. She didn't want him to get upset with her because she mentioned something she shouldn't really have an opinion on.

"I can handle the cold weather rather fine. I prefer it to smoldering heat like on floor nine." The girl said with a slight smile. It was hard to make conversation with him now that she had yelled at him like that. She wondered if she hurt his feelings with it. Maybe she should say something? "Hey, I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier Crow. I didn't mean to sound angry or anything... And you said you don't have those feelings for me, which is what I expected, y'know." The pinkette paused momentarily while she thought of how to word what she was going to say next. "Though...I'm not opposed to us getting to know each other better, for that end goal."

Her face was tinted red again, though it was tough for the boy to see since she was looking off to the side, he could still hear the embarrassment in her voice.

@Crozeph

"You have it easier than me," he told her with a hint of envy "despite the game sending only fake signals on our body it can be a psychological pain for people like me who are weak. On the bright side I don't have to worry about cold and flu" he added. Compared to their first quest, this one went by fast and they didn't suffer penalties from the environment.

He listened as Yuki told him about earlier. It was strange but if there was something he liked, it was that he didn't have to put up his guard when he's around her. Crozeph didn't like the company of people he didn't know much. He would join parties of players but never get attached to them, one day they know him, the next they don't. It was different with her, he was the first customer of her shop so she would pretty much remember him but Crozeph didn't expect to run into her again. "Why not? I'm sure we can know more about each other but I really don't have a clue with the end goal thing, as long as it's not life-threatening I'm fine with it plus our build works well together isn't it?" he told her. 

@Zajcica