[PP-F6] Banquet Above, Feast Below

Crozeph

• I think it's time we do the dungeon now, I'm on floor six in the ruins of Tsjericanth. Looking forward to this dungeon clearing, bring Oikawa with you if he's available.
  • Sent to: Mari

The ruins of Tsjericanth had always fascinated Crozeph but of course one can never see it clearly in his face. The cold gaze his blue eyes give to anything and anyone was already establishing an apathetic impression to others. While Crozeph doesn't do it on purpose, he somehow has grown used to playing along with it. Most people would think twice about joining him on a quest, ask directions, and look at his eyes. He gazed at the walls of the ruins as he stood by the door of a banquet hall. The area was spacious just like how Crozeph remembered it last time, He held his map of it and was waiting for two people who have given their approval of joining him inside the dungeon. He was more than happy about it. It has been a while since he was part of an adventure and obtaining a map sure was a great opportunity for him.

He leaned on the wall just outside the banquet hall and rested his head on it. His hair was brushed up leaving a few fringes down, his ponytail was gone also as he took up Mari's advice on not covering his eyes. He had a change of equipment too, all he needs is to test it out on a place where monsters are stronger and harder to kill. If things work out right, he'll be able to meet Oikawa too. It's been a long time for him but he wanted to check on the few members he knows if they're doing fine. Crozeph checked his belongings to see if he's not missing something "I've got the map, some consumables, a new weapon, and myself" he said as he closed his inventory "It looks like I'm good to go" he added. 

Crozeph sat by the entrance of the hall and looked at the clouds "I wonder if there's actually something good inside" he thought. The cool breeze moved in and out of the hall and ruins. It was a relaxing feeling like a lullaby but for the skin. Crozeph's eyes felt heavy as the breeze swept around the area. The leaves from the vines and trees rustled and the gentle sound of the grass did also, all of it was more than enough to make Crozeph feel sleepy "yeah I hate it when my habit returns" he told himself. Crozeph tried to keep his eyes open but the persuasion of the trees, wind, and the occasional chirping of the birds along with the soft whispers of the wind passing in and out of the hall was a good combination and soon enough Crozeph's eyes closed and the sound he heard was the final blow for him to fall asleep.

@Mari @Oikawa

Spoiler

Stats

• Level: 25 I HP: 500 I EN: 50 I DMG: 12 : MIT: 8 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I +2 Savvy I +2 Regen I +1 Bleed
Skills
  • Curved Sword R1 I Katana R5 I Battle Healing R2 I Light Armor R2 I First Aid R1 I Survival [extra] I Meditation [extra]
Equips
  • Flamebringer [+4 damage +1 Bleed] I Yagyu's Legacy [+2 EVA +1 Savvy] I Karasu-No-Kami [+2 Regen +1 Savvy]
Items
  • Pumpkin cake +2 ACC I Lucky Cookies +2 LD I <<T1 Intermediate Dungeon #141417>>

•  
Edited by Crozeph

Crunch
    Crunch
         Crunch

The leaves were crushed beneath Mari's footsteps, even though she was light of foot - the ground was scattered with them. The ground of the ruins covered by years of neglect. Her form flitted between crumbling walls and pillars - like a flickering flame moving along the barren terrain. She had received a message from Crozeph - wanting to have her and Oikawa join in on the dungeon. This would be a good time to ask him if he'd want to join the guild.

The weather was amicable, a cool breeze blew through the ruins; the place smelt like a loamy forest - and the sky above was blue - a warm sun tickling her pale skin. Mari opened her HUD, writing to Oikawa. The last time she had seen him was at the Pillars meeting, so she didn't feel too awkward. Although they hadn't really addressed his confession - it seemed better that way. He wanted to let her know, that was all. Mari exhalled.

To: Oikawa

Hey, come meet me in front of [XXX] with Crozeph. We're doing his dungeon today. Don't forget to wear a cape, superhero.

-Mari

She had already been given the meeting place from Crozeph but Oikawa had yet to get it. Mari slowed her pace when she arrived.  "Oh Crozeph..." She said with a shake of her head. He had fallen asleep, propped up against a tree. Mari couldn't help but notice that he had tired his hair up and out of his face. So he had listened to her advice? Interesting. Mari slowed her step, creeping silently as she carefully found a place beside him. She wouldn't wake him yet, not till Oikawa arrived. Mari pressed her back against the same tree Crozeph was against. She glanced down at the gentle rise and fall of his chest, feeling a little envious. She wished she could find peace in her sleep like that. Ahh, but the poor man probably needed it.

@Oikawa  @Crozeph

Spoiler

General
Level: 69 | HP: 1410  |Energy: 138
STATS

DAM: 16 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

BATTLE COPY

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1410/1410  | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 16+2 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4+2  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

LVL: 69

HP: 1,410 | EN: 138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5

+36 Bleed Damage (On a successful Critical attack with a Natural BD of 9 or 10, inflict Bleed on the target for 2 turns.)

+1 Paralytic Venom Offensive (On a successful attack with a Natural BD of 8-10, Paralyze the target for 1 turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties.)

+20 Burn Damage (When hit by a Non-Critical attack.)

+2 Light Momentum (After an unsuccessful attack, you get +2 BD until your next successful attack.)

+3 Recovery (On a Natural CD of 6 or more, you get +3 EN.)

MODIFIED STATS

HP: 0 | EN : 0 | DMG : 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 | SR: +0

BUFFS

Rested (-1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.)

Clean (The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% rounded down.)

Unused

Unused

Unused

EQUIPPED ITEMS

Weapon: The Mob-Stopper [+3 Damage | +36 Bleed | +1 Paralytic Venom (Offensive)]

Armor: Akuma's Vain [+2 Flame Aura | +2 Light Momentum]

Accessory: Eye of Horus [+2 Accuracy | +3 Recovery]

BATTLE READY ITEMS

x2 Safeguard Potion - [The next successful hit to your player will do no damage.]

x1 Banner of Support [Heals up to 4 players for 20 HP. 3 Charges Left.]

x1 Major Damage Potion II (Perfect Tier 2 Potion) - [Adds +6 damage. Lasts for one thread.]

x1 Major Armor Crystal II (Perfect Tier 2 Crystal) - [Adds +54 mitigation. Lasts for one thread.]

SKILLS & MODS

1. Hiding [Rank 5]: Vanish [Mod] | Surprise Attack "Trickster" [Mod]

2. Quick Change

3. Charge [Rank 5]

4. Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]: Precision [Mod] | Ferocity [Mod]

Martial Arts [Unlocked][Inactive]

5. Light Armor [Rank 5]: Athletics [Mod]

Concentration

Familiar Master: Fighter [Rank 3]

Meditation [Unlocked][Inactive]

Survival

*Ping*

The notification icon suddenly popped into view. Looking up from the spear he had been working on, Oikawa set down his hammer and examined the message. Ahh it is time then? Rising up, the brunette made his way to the door. He realized he probably should have responded to her message first but he had already began to make his way to the sixth floor.

As the familiar outlines of the jungle floor settled into view, Oikawa couldn't help but look on in sadness. This floor had a few memories. Some of which he weren't proud of. Some of which were cherished. Unfortunately, a few of them went hand-in-hand. He soon found the inside of his cheek, chewing it becoming a habit he had obtained as of late. His mind was a little scattered. His thoughts swirling between the memories he held of Azide and the wonder of how Crozeph had been since their last meeting. Then there was the moment with Mari. Though they hadn't addressed his confession, they remained kosher and friendly. Hopefully that would remain as he still valued her friendship more than anything.

Vegetation had long made its mark on the ruins. The deprecated buildings enveloped in snaking roots and vines at every possible turn. The broken cobbled steps winded about into what seemed like a labyrinth of untold mystery. "So this is where the dungeon lied?" The question was aloud and towards no one but himself. It had been far too long since his last dungeon raid and he figured one on this floor would be the perfect warm-up for testing his prowess.

Snaking in-between a few crumbling columns, Oikawa managed to locate the other two players that had invited him out. The shade of the tree they found themselves under nearly making them invisible until he approached. Lightening his pace, he waved to Mari. The dark-haired man next her was snoozing away. He couldn't remember if Crozeph had always been this laid back but he did remember he was a man of few words.

Stopping just short of them, Oikawa checked his inventory to ensure everything was in order one last time before donning his vanity cape. The white garb falling just short of his calves as it materialized into view. Gesturing to Crozeph, Oikawa mouthed to Mari,

"Shall we wake him?"

@Mari @Crozeph

Somewhere between sitting down and now, Mari's free hand had found its way to Crozephs hair, gently running her fingers through his dark locks. It had helped Hikoru. And it helped calm down Crozephs tears once before. So perhaps it was an unconscious thing; a way a mother knows when to gently chase away her childs nightmares. A slight snore came from Crozeph, the only sound of disturbance before his chest fell back into a rhythm of rising and falling. 

"Oikawa, Hi." Mari whispered to him as he approached. Oikawa was quick to don a white Cape. It really did suit him. And felt nostalgic in a way. Seeing him wear it, it was familiar. If she did not have a sleeping youth at her side Mari would have told Oikawa that it suited him. Mari offered him a warm smile and a nod before turning her attention down to Crozeph, who was still dozing at her side.

He looked so peaceful in his slumber, Mari almost didn't want to disturb him. She knew how hard it was to find a serene rest within the walls of Aincrad. Mari hadn't had a peaceful sleep for years. She doubted she'd find something like that anytime soon. "Hey, Crow..." Her tone was gentle as Mari leaned over his sleeping form. She reached out and with a delicate hand brushed strands of hair from his face. "C'mon time to wake up." She probed gently. "Your superhero is here." 

@Crozeph

Edited by Mari

Crozeph felt a warm touch, it was familiar and something he always wanted but wasn't honest to say. His eyebrow twitched as he heard a voice and just like the touch it was familiar to and as he opened his eyes he saw her, their blue eyes meet and it was Mari "H-hi, was I snoring?" he asked. The place as still cool with the breeze and he's still feeling sleepy but it seems he has to fight it. Ever since he entered the game he had always been sleepy, laid-back, and others always find him like that. It's as if an insult to him and also a warning that Mari isn't the only person who will find him asleep, others won't be merciful. Crozeph blushed as she was close to him again, it caught him off-guard and it made him stand up quick like he was caught. "Sorry about that, the forest got me good on being too comfortable to sleep on" he told her.

Crozeph saw another one, he was wearing a cape, the features are familiar as ever and Crozeph couldn't help but remember all the times he went anywhere with Oikawa. They were guildmates and they've been to many places and most of the time they were there for someone who earned their respect but today it seemed like it was just the two of them who might remember it. Crozeph felt a sting as he saw the orange marker similar to Mari on Oikawa, The last time he heard his name it was because he killed someone. Part of him was glad that Oikawa did it and a part of him also felt guilty for a reason which Mari would say pointless. Despite that, Oikawa was and still is the person Crozeph saw, a person who will always be a protagonist in his eyes.

"It's nice to see you again Oikawa" he told him. He took a quick glance at Mari and smiled "thank you for this" he told her. He then shifted his eyes back to his friend "I hope you didn't come here with an empty stomach" he told him. Crozeph opened his inventory and took out a bread which he buys whenever he has the chance. It was a common bread but Crozeph always like it even though it was treated as ration by other players. He broke it in half and handed the other to Oikawa "just to make sure, I can always share my bread"  he told him then he offered the other half to Mari "not as sweet as the bun you gave me last visit but I hope you like it" he said as he smiled.

@Mari @Oikawa

Oikawa winced at the word 'superhero'. It felt disingenuous. Something that didn't belong in the same sentence as himself. He was no 'hero' nor was he super. He wasn't a protagonist in some epic story. No, he was a coward and a murderer. A person who turned his back on his friends and took the life of a person he was close enough to call family. A hero? he was anything but. Yet, Mari said Crozeph idolized him as despite his cursor and shortcomings. Oikawa didn't deserve to be looked up to. Not the way he was now.

He let his thoughts drift. The sleeping beauty coming to at the motherly touch of Mari's hands and the soothing tone of her voice. The scene was almost enchanting and a stark contrast the his thoughts that only briefly existed moments ago. As Crozeph adjusted to the awaken state he found himself in, he greeted them and thanked Mari personally.

"Long time no see Cro," Oikawa chimed. Though the exchange wasn't nearly as peppy as he would've liked on his end, Crozeph seemed unbothered as he instinctively passed the brunette a piece of bread and sectioned the other half for Mari. Oikawa chuckled. Simple gestures like this only seemed more commonplace as he rejoined old company. The days of caring for one another seemed almost lost to time as players adjusted to life in this game. "Thank you," he managed to mumble out between bites of the bread.

"So what managed to bring you back to the world of the living Crozeph? It has been ages since our last meeting and I can't imagine that discovering this dungeon was the only reason to draw you out?"

@Mari @Crozeph

Mari stood up after Crozeph, gently brushing off errant twigs and sticks from her body. She gave Crozeph a light pat on his back as he stepped forward to talk to Oikawa. Mari would play the part of the third wheel during this adventure - or would wing-woman be more appropriate? No - it wasn't like she was trying to set them up. She was just reuniting old friends. Mari reached out and began to pick small twigs off of Crozeph's back.

"Forest floor comfortable?" Mari inquired. "I feel like you're one of the only few who actually think that, judging  by your back you must have had so much jutting into you." Mari dusted her hands off before placing them on her hips. A small, and tired smile on her lips as she watched both him and Oikawa interact. Crozeph didn't need to thank her. Mari watched as Crozeph shifted his eyes to OIkawa's marker - right. At least it wasn't a complete surprise to him.

"Hey, look at that instead." Mari suggested as she pointed to the guild icon next to Oikawa's name. "He's all official now!" She added with a grin as she turned her eyes to Oikawa. "We're both in a guild now." Mari let go of Crozeph and allowed them to share the small roll of bread. She shook her head at Crozeph's offer. "I'm okay - I don't need anything. You have it. When you're good and ready you lead the way." 

@Crozeph

Mari was right, he's probably one of the few who finds it comfortable to sleep anywhere. It might not be of surprise to Oikawa since he knew Crozeph would lie down and talk to himself. Crozeph pulled his arm back and ate the bread, Mari didn't take it and somehow he wanted to eat the bread himself. Oikawa's words were also true, a dungeon is not enough to draw Crozeph out the damp and dark floor of Yomi. It was a great hiding place as only a few wants to see a ghost town, a lot would prefer places where the sun shines brightly and crystal clear lakes are everywhere.

"Well..." Crozeph took another bite to his bread "... You can thank Baldur and Mari for that"  he said. Looking back, it was indeed Baldur and Mari who had found him sulking and living a pathetic life inside Yomi and that kind of life didn't bother him. "I was just hanging out and staring at the Stygian when they found me. Baldur talked about founding a guild and I volunteered to help him on some minor needs, I wonder if he already had one" he told him "I found Mari's tent just outside Yomi, we tried to sort things out which didn't start so well but it ended in us be in good terms, it was a hard but I will always stand with my decision, even with its consequences" he gestures a hand to Mari "plus her house is like a place of retreat for the weary" he added. It was a week or two of reflection and realization which was helpful to him "if none of them met me I would still be there, I'd slowly look like the people of that ghost town."

Crozeph didn't notice it right away but they really are in a guild now, he was happy about it but his reaction remained calm, some habits he really can't break right away "looks like you two are making a lot of progress" he said. Crozeph then noticed that they had the same guild icon "w-wait are you two in the same guild?"  he was surprised. He wasn't expecting the two of them to be in the same guild "are you the guild leader?" he asked Mari, he was her subordinate back when Cerulean Silence was still operational so he figured Mari would be the leader.

Crozeph walked towards the door leading to the banquet hall "found this place while trying to stock up on materials and unidentified items" Crozeph placed his hand on a wall at the end of the hall and gave it a push. There was a click and a low rumbling sound echoed inside the hall. A door showed up just beside Crozeph, the wind howled as it opened and staircase which can fit two people leading downwards was seen. Crozeph took a deep breath and held his map with firm grip "I'm a little on the claustrophobic side but let's do this" he said to them as he took the first step inside.

@Oikawa @Mari

Oikawa brought a hand to his chin. It would seem as if Fate itself was beginning to weave a tale for us, he mused. The idea of all of us suddenly becoming active again and deciding with near assured-ness that creating a guild is the right move plays into a narrative that already feels written. It is almost scary to think how well that came together in the small amount of time we have begun to resurface. And even more so given the amount of that are veterans in a sense. This is eerily peculiar but I've already bought in and I want to see how it plays out, he thought.

His thoughts were lost only to himself as Crozeph recounted the events leading up to now. Much like himself, Crozeph had managed to seek out the one and only Mari and in what appeared to be a strange twist of events, they found solace in each other. Oikawa nodded. "Fate has a funny way of intertwining you back into so many lives Mari. Not that this is a bad thing, just an observation if you will." Turning to the noirette as he led them to the dungeon entrance, Oikawa gave himself one last glance-over before proceeding.

"But to fill-in your question Cro, yes we are both in the same guild. Though Mari isn't the 'leader' per say. She is one of the four Pillars however. A Beacon of hope, light, and reassurance to those that choose to join us," he explained with a grin in her direction.

As the main door slid to grinding halt, it revealed a sizable staircase leading to the depths below. Crozeph mentioned claustrophobia, but chose to indulge the dungeon anyway. Oikawa thought him brave. From what he knew, that was a scary commitment to say the least. Opting to bring up the rear, he gestured for Mari to follow behind Crozeph.

"After you Snowflower."

@Mari @Crozeph

Thank me? Mari thought to herself. Crozeph shouldn't be thanking her, she had still taken so much from him. It baffled her how easily he seemed to forgive her. How hard he fought for her to keep on living. Baldur, Mari understood. He was...something else entirely. On an entirely different plane of existence. Strong, stalwart - warm. Mari blinked when Crozeph mentioned a guild.

"OH. Oh. Yeh. No - I...I'm not the leader." Mari reiterated. She pursed her lips, turning away from Oikawa as he called her a beacon of hope, light, and guidance. Mari didn't believe that. Not in the slightest. She had to bite her tongue, hard. To stop herself from arguing the point with Oikawa. Instead of saying anything - Mari just shot him a look as if to ask why. She stared at him with pained questioning eyes. Did he really see her that way? IF he did - did he really know her? At all. What would he say if he knew everything that weighed her down? Mari tore her eyes away from the dark haired man.

"You know Cro...I think everyone in the guild would be more than happy if you ever wished to join." Mari gave him a light pat on the back, gently pushing him forward and toward Oikawa. "I know all the Pillars, Shield, Baldur, Oikawa, and myself, have all expressed that we'd be lucky to have you." Mari gave Crozeph a brave smile. Despite what she felt about herself, she'd have to push that deep down. She was here for Crozeph today, not for herself. 

Crozeph said he was claustrophobic, but despite that - he was pressing onward. Mari felt proud of him. To see him growing in such a way. She turned to Oikawa. Lowering her voice, "We should really fix that perception of me you have." She chastised lightly as she passed him she gave him a small squeeze on his forearm. "I'm not sure I'm deserving of being called Snowflower, but if I had to have a cringy nickname, I'm glad its you that's using it." She added as she passed him to follow Crozeph into the dungeon.

@Crozeph @Oikawa

Dark and damp, it was what greeted them first as Crozeph made it below. It wasn't a spiraling staircase but they sure took a few turns before they the bottom. Crozeph wanted to do it, despite the walls felt like it was moving in to crush him. He tried to shake the feeling off, he had the dungeon map so he better make things work out well for them. The atmosphere of the dungeon lived up to what it is and Crozeph couldn't help but keep himself alert. There were dim lights from the lanterns on the wall and it gave some visibility needed to traverse the place. 

There were howling sounds caused by the wind moving in an out of the cracks on the walls and foundation of the dungeon. There were no prison cells like how Crozeph expected it to be, even the skeletons remained are not there, as if the place wasn't used or was vacated already. The hallways were large and he stood there he saw that the hallway itself can have around eight to ten people walk side by side and never bump elbows to each other. The ceiling was high also, there were no paintings or drawings but some kind of cracks or veins was chiseled on it. Despite being a dungeon it looked more of a court of a king or rather a way to the king's court for Crozeph, it wasn't a weird thing because after all, they are inside a ruin but Crozeph felt weird that the place was clean like someone had maintained it free of cobwebs or other things that make a dungeon dirty.

"Well that's weird that Mari is not the leader but it seems like you're part of the... er... council or something" he said as they both told him about the guild and pillar "right pillar, sounds like a pretty big position to me" he added. It was a good thing that Mari and Oikawa is in a guild, he felt assured that they'll be easier to find if he ever wants to visit them. It can also make things easier to do, the concept of a guild was something that Crozeph liked but it had some cons to him too, especially the social part.

Crozeph felt a pat on his back as they walked. It turns out that Mari is with Baldur and Oikawa in the guild, he didn't know the third name but it sounded strong even with it being simple "who's Shield? does he use weapons or just shield bash anyone to end them rightly?" he told them "I bet Baldur's the leader, that guy has leader written all over him, at some point also, he's charming to the ladies" Crozeph then remembered Mari and how she took a liking to the Gaijin Samurai. Crozeph grinned like a kid and began chuckling to himself.

"It'll be nice to join the guild, last time Baldur and I talked I offered him the services of my profession for his planned guild so the honor might be too much for me but I'll join" he said. Crozeph like the idea of being a beacon of hope, light, and assurance that Oikawa mentioned "sounds like Square One huh?" he told Oikawa while poking him with his elbow on the side. He wasn't sure what he can offer to them but he might as well add himself to where they are "oh also if that's the case I might bring in someone also, she kinda wanted to tag along with me. She might not join right away but if she makes up her mind I'll give you a heads up" he as he walked a little faster  "anyone can be a beacon for everyone" he told them "I'm sure you'll do fine as one Mari, you've got Oikawa and Baldur with you, they can help you be one" he added.

After a long walk and talk, Crozeph saw it. A door loomed before him. The door had intricate designs of what seemed like a picture of a feast, there were tankards and cups drawn and a king-like figure sitting on the center of the table wearing a crown and on his hand holding the head of a woman. Crozeph didn't like it, it's as if it was a feast for something else. There were six soldiers drawn on the sides of the door, each holding a sword upright and wearing heavy armor. The banquet table had uncooked animals painted all over and each people who are sitting had faces full of agony except the king... he was smiling ear to ear literally. Crozeph turned around, he didn't like how he was holding a head of a woman "It looks like this will be the first door to a..." Crozeph heard a creak and the doors flung open with great force. It was another hallway but a bit narrow than where they've been. Six statues of soldiers, three on each side stood in the hallway. Crozeph looked at them "the same as the painting on the doors"  he said. Crozeph shrugged his shoulders and looked back again to Oikawa and Mari "well let's not try to push buttons or stuff, I get a feeling that these statues aren't for welcoming people." 

@Oikawa @Mari

"We should really fix that perception of me you have."

What's there to fix, he wanted to ask. But decided to let the moment pass as they entered the dungeon below. Winding steps spiraled into a darkness that seemed to be just dim enough to see in front you, yet cramped enough to make the descent uncomfortable. Despite this, they descended deeper. As the bottom neared, the stairs bottomed out into room with ceilings reaching the surface and lanterns barely lighting the way.

Crozeph was the first to break the silence among them. His assessment was spot on as he pinned Mari for being one of the more important members of the guild. As Mari reassured him of the guild's interest in him, Crozeph equally shared in his enthusiasm of potentially joining. Picking up his pace, Oikawa chimed in from behind. "Shield would be the Guild Leader. A prominent frontliner and Merchant. You might not have met him as he was rather reclusive up until lately like the rest of this. It's rather interesting how the guild has come together from those who have avoided the frontlines for so long," he mused. As Crozeph ribbed him in remembrance of Square One, he subsequently managed to try and uplift Mari as well. Reminding her that she was just as worth and capable as being a beacon as anyone else.

"Well said Cro," Oikawa mentioned as they came to a sudden halt. The door has several themes etched into the picture it held. A feast of sorts being integral to whatever message it was trying to portray. Unfortunately whatever was on the table seemed inedible and those surrounding the table all seemed in despair aside from the figure-head at the helm of the table. But they wouldn't get too much longer to analyze the door as it suddenly snapped open to reveal another hallway.

However this time, the armed soldiers from the etchings lined the walkway and Crozeph summed up their presence perfectly.

"I hate un-welcoming parties," muttered the brunette as his cloak switched to one of a flaming aura.

@Mari @Crozeph

"What?"  Mari asked Crozeph, her brows raised in surprise. "That's...why would you think it's weird that I'm not the leader." Mari laughed awkwardly, trying to blow off the compliment.  She knew she was once his guild leader in the past ....and try as she might - she wasn't exactly a good one. Right? She remembered herself being cold and distant to her guild members. Granted - she did her utmost best to protect them, and ensure everyone within her guild were safe but - she was not a nice person. 

Mari nodded as Oikawa said Shield was the guild leader.
"Yeh, Shield is the leader on paper - but us four - we're sorta like the founding members. The foundation and support of the guild. Whilst it has a leader on paper - we've decided that most things that occur within the guild are open to discussion by everyone. For everyone." Mari shifted her gaze to Oikawa and gave him a reassuring smile. "We all have something important to bring to the table, I guess." She didn't believe she did, but the others did - and Mari had to learn to trust that. "I wasn't around during Square One - but it sounds like a nice place."  One that would never have accepted me.

Mari fell quiet, allowing the two to talk and catch up with one another - she knew she was just third wheeling here. The entire point of this was to reunite Crozeph with Oscar, and Mari was happy that was the case.  Even with Crozeph's words of support, Mari struggled to believe them, someone feared - hated. How could someone like her be a beacon of hope to others?

Mari grimaced as they came across the door of what looked like a feast -
"I'd normally say to each their own when it comes to food but...err..." Mari waved her hand trying to find the right words. "This is just - a little - no, very off." Good job Aincrad. Good job.  Mari's hand instinctively went to rest at her neck when she saw the beheaded woman. "I unno, I'd rather be the first one at their necks." Mari muttered as she scooted a little closer to Oikawa, a hand reached out to grasp onto his cloak. 

Mari usually wasn't unnerved, but this? She didn't like this.

@Crozeph @Oikawa

"Well you were a guild leader back then so I assumed you're up for the task" he told her. Crozeph's membership to the guild was short-lived and by the time he returned it has already disbanded and he joined Guardians of the New Dawn and left again. It was a habit, not intentional but he was a good example of a person who easily loses interest when he doesn't know someone inside a group of people. "You were cold to us back then but I can tell that you're trying your best to look out for everyone in a weird way, like a mother angry to her children who lacks discipline," he said as he scratches the side of his head "I was probably one of those members so I wasn't expecting to hear nice words from you" he added. Harsh words were nothing for him if those words are proven if someone calls him for being an idiot because he's being one he'd easily accept it for the sake of the conversation to end quickly.

Crozeph entered the hallway and stood between the first two soldiers "so you're like a guild with one representative but runs on a plurality of leaders, that's a nice touch if you ask me, it avoids others from questioning decisions as it is made by almost everyone" Crozeph took out two items from his inventory. A slice of pumpkin cake and a cookie. Unlike Mari and Oikawa, Crozeph was still not confident of having to rely on his stats alone, he needed the necessary buffs. He ate the pumpkin and cookie in one go, almost choking himself but managed to swallow it all quickly "sorry about that, I was worried that the statues would move while I consume some buffs" he told them. 

While Square One was not a popular guild, Crozeph agrees to Mari about it being a nice place but whether she'll be accepted? that was something he can easily figure out. Crozeph patted Oikawa on the shoulder "I'm sure Oikawa would agree with me, Square One was built to help players no matter what square one you're in. I'm sure Azide would help you along with them if you did ask back then, you just have to explain it to him, given that it is within his capabilities." Crozeph was sure about it, just tell him the problem and he'll do what he can "I don't know about me, I just join them when it's about camping and stuff" he said before laughing awkwardly. Crozeph then turned his eyes to Oikawa "some things come to an end and maybe this is the end of some, including me, on running away from the main goal" he told him "and that is to get out of here." 

As he talked to them, Crozeph felt a chill up his nape. It was ominous and that made him face the soldiers. The slightly narrow hallway was one of his problems, it always felt like moving in to crush him but he had to muster his courage, think that it's just like the prison on floor 10. His azure eyes were glued to the first pair of statues and in a matter of seconds, the heads of the statues moved slowly all in one direction. Crozeph felt the chill in his spine again, it was a weird feeling as if they're not inside a game but in a place separate from that logic. They were looking at Crozeph "it can't be" he thought. All six statues were locked on Oikawa. To add more horror to it, one of their eyes was looking at him and the other moving frantically as if they were being electrocuted. Their skin began to show some cracks and in a few seconds all six statues move, coordinated movements line up to two rows still looking at Oikawa with one eye and the other one restless. 

"Traitor to the king" they all said in unison. Deep voices but filled with agony, they keep on saying the same phrase as they moved forward, their swords raised to their chest and the tip pointing upward. "Traitor to the king!" the deep voices grew louder and Crozeph had to unsheathe his katana "you got beef with them Oikawa?" he asked him. As Crozeph tried to think of a way of how to initiate the attack, he heard a voice or maybe it was a voice beside the soldiers "are you here for the feast? or are you here to be THE FEAST?!" Crozeph gripped his katana tighter with his two hands. It looked like a dungeon cursed by something "well the unwelcoming party has begun." 

pumpkin cake and lucky cookie consumed - [+2 ACC] [+2 LD]

• Crozeph -  I HP: 500/500 I EN: 50/50 I DMG: 12 : MIT: 8 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 0 I +2 Savvy I +2 Regen I +1 Bleed I +2 LD
  • @Oikawa
  • @Mari

Enemies

• Corrupted Kingsguard 1 - HP: 300/300 I DMG: 72 I MIT: 40 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 2 - HP: 300/300 I DMG: 72 I MIT: 40 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 3 - HP: 300/300 I DMG: 72 I MIT: 40 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4 - HP: 300/300 I DMG: 72 I MIT: 40 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 5 - HP: 300/300 I DMG: 72 I MIT: 40 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 6 - HP: 300/300 I DMG: 72 I MIT: 40 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I
  • Loyal Insanity - All kingsguard view Oikawa as some kind of traitor and thus all hate is focused on him. Attacking the statues changes the hate but missing twice in a row on attacking it will return their hate to Oikawa.

Edited by Crozeph

"I'm sure Oikawa would agree with me, Square One was built to help players no matter what square one you're in. I'm sure Azide would help you along with them if you did ask back then, you just have to explain it to him, given that it is within his capabilities."

The brunette nodded along. For the most part what Crozeph said was correct. Even Oikawa believed in Azide's abilities to help even the roughest rocks become diamonds. And suddenly his chest hurt. The pained memory of Azide dying flashing back over and over again his head. He wasn't suppressing the memory per say, but he actively chose not to think about how helpless he had been in saving his old guildmate. How he stood by as the boss took him from this world. His eyes watered, but he didn't falter. Simply looking away for a moment as they continued on.

He felt a hand at his cloak. He brought his arm to his face. Wiping the beginning of tears from his lids as he turned to see Mari quietly clutching his cloak. He had half a mind to offer his hand instead, but allowed the thought to pass as the air chilled around them. Instinctively, he materialized his spear. Something was off. Stones grinded in the distance ahead. The he saw it. The statues were no longer staring at each other, but instead at him. Eyes glowing as the bodies suddenly begin to crackle to life. The scene was nearly nightmarish.

"Traitor to the king!" Their voices echoed. Crozeph asked Oikawa if he knew what was going on. But truth be told, he didn't have the slightest clue. "I'm not too sure what's going on, but what I do know is that they are clearly targeting me, so let me give them a reason to step to the 'King'." He never referred to himself as one, but in the moment it felt right. Grasping Mari's hand, he gave it it a firm shake before releasing it and lunging past Crozeph. Gripping his spear tightly, Oikawa activated the <Charge> skill. Causing his blade to glow a golden hue and vibrate slightly. Stepping into the middle of the statues, he crouched low and immediately swept his spear around himself in a full circle. Cleaving into four of the creatures and sending them careening back.

Managing to lock two of them in place, Oikawa glanced back to the other two. "Well they really are just mindless stone statues. We should be able to make quick work of them. Let's finish these four off and then work on the remaining two." Keeping ahead of Mari and Crozeph, Oikawa would resolve to being the tank for them.

ROLLS:

ID: 149948 BD: 10 (8 + 3 - 1) [Charged Weeping Moon on CK 1: 19 + 5 = 24 x 9 = 216 - 40 = 176] CD: 10 [Recovery Activated] (-11 EN) (+3 EN) [Paralytic Venom Activated]

ID: 149949 BD: 8 (6 + 3 - 1) [Charged Weeping Moon on CK 2: 19 + 5 = 24 x 9 = 216 - 40 = 176] CD: 9 [Recovery Activated] (-2 EN) (+3 EN)

ID: 149950 BD: 11 (9 + 3 - 1) [Critical Charged Weeping Moon on CK 3: 19 + 1 + 5 = 25 x 9 = 225 - 40 = 185] CD: 5 [Recovery Not Activated] (-2 EN) [Paralytic Venom Activated] [Bleed Activated]

ID: 149951 BD: 7 (5 + 3 - 1) [Charged Weeping Moon on CK 4: 19 + 5 = 24 x 9 = 216 - 40 = 176] CD: 3 [Recovery Not Activated] (-2 EN)

Spoiler

Party:

• [H: 0/0/0/0/0/0 ] Crozeph: 500/500 | EN: 50/50 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 8 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SVY: +2 | RGN: +2 | BLD: 1 | LD: +2
  • [H: 1/1/2/1/9/9 ] Oikawa: 1410/1410 | EN: 127/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | BLD: 36 | PV(O): +1 | FL AURA: 20 | LM: +2 | REC: +3 (-11 EN)
  • [H: 0/0/0/0/0/0 ] Mari:

Enemies:

• Corrupted Kingsguard 1: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP[PAR: 1/1]
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 2: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP)
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 3: 79/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-185 HP) (-36 Bleed) [PAR: 1/1] [BLD: 1/2]
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP)
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 5: 300/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 6: 300/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0
  • Loyal Insanity: All the Kingsguard view Oikawa as some kind of traitor to the King and thus all Hate is focused on him. Attacking the statues changes the hate but missing twice in a row on attacking will return their Hate to Oikawa.

@Mari @Crozeph

Edited by Oikawa

Mari shifted her gaze to Oikawa - his eyes were glazed, staring in front of them but they looked like they were elsewhere. He was elsewhere. "Oikawa?" Mari asked. Was he okay? He seemed fine, jovial just mere moments before. As they walked Mari tried to piece together what happened. Did the statues unnerve him too? The graphic scenes of what looked like cannibalism? Quite frankly...it unnerved Mari - she felt uneasy. Wrong. Like she shouldn't be here. But Was that the case for OIkawa? No - wait...Mari's eyes widened when she realized. Azide. It was someone Oikawa really looked up to, someone he wished was still around. That had to be it, right? Despite Mari's own sense of unease and fear she swallowed. And looked up at Oikawa to offer him the faintest of smiles. She didn't know what to say to him, what she even could say to him. Haven't I done enough already?  Mari felt a pang of guilt. He had bared his heart out to her - and she rejected him. Mari knew...first hand what that felt like , and yet. Here she was... helplessly clinging to him. That wasn't right.

"You're so tarnished and depraved...even Alkor wouldn't touch you."

The words echoed relentlessly in her head. Egging her on - telling her it was wrong to be so open with people. It had only burned her before, only made things awkward for others. She wasn't doing anyone any good. Mari went to step away - at the same time as he materialized his spear. Angered chants vehemently shouted at them, no, at Oikawa.

"Traitor to the king!" 

"Traitor to the king!" 

"Traitor to the king!" 
What...?

Mari jumped and turned her questioning eyes back to Oikawa when she felt the encompassing warmth of his hand pry hers away from his cape. Oops  Mari stepped back, watching him create a sweeping strike across the statues. Mari's eyes quickly breezed over their individual HP bars. She silently cursed herself for being overconfident. She should have bought some items. She thought that they'd be fine, since the dungeon was well below the level threshold for OIkawa and herself. What foolish Hubris.

Mari pulled out her small dagger. At least she had increased her damage - that was something she had always done. "Crozeph." Mari said, quickly taking charge of the situation. "Aim for the ones that he has struck that have higher health - that way Oikawa can take out stragglers with his AoE."

Mari activated her charge, aiming for the 4th one, since the others were paralyzed. As she lowered her body, going to attack the Kingsguard reached out - his hand wrapped around her throat and Mari froze. Her face paled. Memorie came flooding back to her, when Uriel had grabbed her like this ...and she had lost her daughter, when Life did ....Mari gave a bloodcurdling scream as she tried to pry the hand off her throat. The Kingsguard held her up so the tips of her toes dangled just above the ground - then threw her to the side like a ragdoll. Mari coughed. Her hands trembled and her eyes watered as she reached for her throat. The lump in her throat did not disappear. She felt the icy sensation spread through her body like a liquid wildfire that locked her limbs in shackles. With every thrum of her heart Mari found it harder and harder to breathe.

Dammit. Dammit....Dammit.

She was afraid

@Oikawa @Crozeph

• [H: 0/0/0/0/0/0 ] Crozeph: 500/500 | EN: 50/50 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 8 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SVY: +2 | RGN: +2 | BLD: 1 | LD: +2
  • [H: 1/1/2/1/9/9 ] Oikawa: 1410/1410 | EN: 127/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | BLD: 36 | PV(O): +1 | FL AURA: 20 | LM: +2 | REC: +3 (-11 EN)
  • [H: 0/0/0/0/0/0 ] Mari: [H:0/0/0] - HP 1410/1410  | EN: 136/138 | DMG: 16+2 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4+2  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

Action: Charged Eternal Cyclone > Corrupted Kingsguard >    18 x 13 = 234 - 40 = 194
BD:149959

• Corrupted Kingsguard 1: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP[PAR: 1/1]
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 2: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP)
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 3: 79/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-185 HP) (-36 Bleed) [PAR: 1/1] [BLD: 1/2]
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP)
  • Loyal Insanity: All the Kingsguard view Oikawa as some kind of traitor to the King and thus all Hate is focused on him. Attacking the statues changes the hate but missing twice in a row on attacking will return their Hate to Oikawa.

Edited by Mari

Kingsguard

The six statues began to advance as they saw Oikawa each swung their swords with all their might and aimed at his neck but the player was able to land the first blow. Four were hit and two of them were paralyzed by the attack and cannot move. They struggled like worms writhing in pain, one was leaning on the wall convulsing "traitor! traitor! traitor!"  it yelled. The other fell on its knees and saw itself bleed, the kingsguard snickered at the sight of its flesh bleeding and tried to move but it was still weakened. The remaining four groaned as they saw their comrades pinned down and two from the four attacking was also damage. three of them landed a blow on Oikawa, the sixth on his shoulder almost cutting his cheek with its thrust, the fifth aimed for his legs, and the fourth who almost strangled Mari used its sword to hammer down the sword on Oikawa's shoulder. They were full of zeal to kill him as if they don't even want him to escape the ferocity of their attacks using longswords. as the three landed their blows successfully, they started wailing as if they regret what they've done. Flies began coming out of their mouth as they cried "we trusted you!" they uttered in unison but the different pitches of their voices would make any weak-willed person shiver. One kingsguard however missed as the space was too narrow for it to add another strike to Oikawa.

Crozeph

Crozeph's eyes saddened as he saw Oikawa tear up at the mention of Azide. He forgot that Oikawa was there, he knew from Baldur and it was a careless move for him to just drop a name, not just any name, a name both of them looked up to. Crozeph saw Azide as a good adviser, he lead the guild by simply being there for them. In a few seconds, he saw Oikawa dash in to attack. It seems that Oikawa is going to tank for them. As Mari called his name and told him to finish off or aim at the one with high HP he nodded and quickly moved to battle

The raven-haired player quickly moved in to aid his friends, four of the statues just damaged Oikawa, he may be stronger and enough to tank it but that was three of the statues, it was absurd for him. Crozeph unsheathed his sword and aimed for one as he moved along with Mari. Crozeph felt a sudden wave of anger as one if the kingsguard wrapped its hand to Mari's neck as it attacked Oikawa. Crozeph gathered all the speed he had and tried to attack the kingsguard with his sword art. It was a good aim but as soon as the statue tossed her, Crozeph canceled his move and aimed to stab its eye.

The kingsguard caught his katana and Crozeph's eyes widened as it held his weapon like a stick "I'll gouge that eye out" he said as he glared at it. Crozeph placed his weight on his weapon and thrust it forward slipping through the grip of the kingsguard. The tip of the katana was buried on the eye but the kingsguard started to wail at him and spew out rotten flesh and bones to Crozeph. The player shielded his face and it left him open for the kingsguard to grabbed him also and tossed him back a few feet away from Mari. "They're all aiming for Oikawa" Crozeph wiped the rotten flesh off his haori "the dungeon is making sure we're part of its theme" he thought "calm yourself Mari, Oikawa needs our support and we're still here with you,"  he told her. Crozeph stood up "hang on Oikawa" he yelled to him. He placed his hand on Mari's head we're still here" he said before lowering his sword and joining the fight again. He's here with Oikawa now and he won't let his friend be surrounded by the statues.

• Corrupted Kingsguard 2 ID: 150016 MD: 4 Fail
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4 ID: 150017 MD: 6 success I dealt 72 - 61 MIT = 11 damage to Oikawa
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 5 ID: 150018 MD: 7 success I dealt 72 - 61 MIT = 11 damage to Oikawa
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 6 ID: 150019 MD: 9 success I dealt 72 + 1 critical - 61 MIT = 12 damage to Oikawa
  • Crozeph ID: 150020 BD: 3 + 2 ACC buff = 5 fail
  • total damage to Oikawa = 34

[H: 0/0/0/0/0/0 ] Crozeph: 500/500 | EN: 48/50 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 8 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SVY: +2 | RGN: +2 | BLD: 1 | LD: +2

[H: 1/1/2/1/9/9 ] @Oikawa: 1376/1410 | EN: 127/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | BLD: 36 | PV(O): +1 | FL AURA: 20 | LM: +2 | REC: +3 (-11 EN)

[H: 0/0/0/0/0/0 ] @Mari: [H:0/0/0] - HP 1410/1410  | EN: 136/138 | DMG: 16+2 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4+2  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

• Corrupted Kingsguard 1: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP) [PAR: 1/1] 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 2: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4: 124/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-176 HP)
Edited by Crozeph

Taking charge wasn't his strongest trait, but it was a necessary one when working among the likes of the Azure Brigade and with other frontliners. His level wasn't just for show in that regard, but the usually quiet Mari surprised him as she quickly commanded out orders to Crozeph. She was tactically aware of the situation and made sure to focus on the other statues that weren't caught in his initial attack.

However, as plans tend to do in Aincrad, hers unraveled quickly as she lunged into the fray. Targeting one of the statues he had just sent flying back, Mari was suddenly in its death grip. "MARI!!!" he roared out as he went after the statue holding her in place. Reaching out to help her, Oikawa was blindsided by the remaining statues. Their blades kept him at bay as one by one they tore into his frame. Luckily the damage was nigh negligible, but the intent was to keep him pinned down and kill him. Though the latter would be much harder to achieve, pinning him down was rather effective.

Crozeph however managed to reach the area but was too late as Mari was sent tumbling to the ground. Her eyes welled up. Her body shuddering as she struggled to catch her breath and rise to her feet. This wasn't normal for her. To the brunette, she looked absolutely terrified. His amber eyes flashed. Extending his spear he pushed back the statues holding him and executed another full <Weeping Moon>. This time completely depleting  their health bars in the process and only leaving two statues remaining.

As flames licked at the torso of one of the Kingsguard that had struck him, Oikawa shot Mari a worried look as he placed himself between her and the remaining mobs. Crozeph checked on Mari before quickly joining him. Echoing that he was standing with the spearman, Oikawa offered the noirette a grin of appreciation. "Lets finish these two off. My <Charge> skill is primed and I have plenty of energy left to handle them." 

ROLLS:

ID: 150184 BD: 6 (3 + 3) [Weeping Moon on CK 1: 19 x 9 = 171 - 40 = 131] CD: 10 [Recovery Activated] (-11 EN) (+3 EN)

ID: 150185 BD: 13 (10 + 3) [Critical Weeping Moon on CK 2: 19 + 2 = 21 x 9 = 189 - 40 = 149] CD: 4 [Recovery Not Activated] (-2 EN) [Paralytic Venom Activated] [Bleed Activated]

ID: 150186 BD: 11 (8 + 3) [Weeping Moon on CK 3: 19 x 9 = 171 - 40 = 131] CD: 1 [Recovery Not Activated] (-2 EN) [Paralytic Venom Activated]

ID: 150187 BD: 8 (5 + 3) [Weeping Moon on CK 4: 19 x 9 = 171 - 40 = 131] CD: 5 [Recovery Not Activated] (-2 EN)

Spoiler

Party:

• [H: -/-/-/-/0/0 ] Crozeph: 500/500 | EN: 48/50 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 8 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SVY: +2 | RGN: +2 | BLD: 1 | LD: +2
  • [H: -/-/-/-/9/9 ] Oikawa: 1376/1410 | EN: 114/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | BLD: 36 | PV(O): +1 | FL AURA: 20 | LM: +2 | REC: +3 (+1 EN) (-14 EN)
  • [H: -/-/-/-/0/0 ] Mari: 1410/1410  | EN: 136/138 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 | BLD: 24 | FL AURA: 15

Enemies:

• Corrupted Kingsguard 1: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-131 HP)
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 2: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-149 HP)
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 3: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-131 HP) (-36 Bleed) [PAR: 1/1][BLD: 2/2]
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-131 HP) (-20 Flame Aura) [PAR: 1/1]
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 5: 280/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-20 Flame Aura)

@Mari @Crozeph

Edited by Oikawa

Fear

It was a funny thing to experience, after not having felt it for so long. When one had no sense of self preservation, no real ties to anyone...it made it hard to really feel anything. Let alone fear. But there it was. An emotion that was unpredictable, it wasn't like anger - or sorrow - things that you could feel swell and creep upon you like the rise and fall of a tide. It was a Tidal wave that crashed down on you, suddenly and unexpectedly. With the force to knock you down and leave you breathless. Fear. Real fear. Primal Fear destroyed you. It shatters any sense of logic or self control.

Mari didn't have those things right now. Her vision blurred with glassy eyes, dotted with salty tears - shaking hands gripping at her throat, listlessly trying to pull away things that were no longer there. Discordant diamond eyes stared at the ground before her - but her gaze was far away, on memories she would rather forget. Somewhere, Mari knew that she was in the heat of battle and that people were calling out for her, that they needed her.

"MARI!!!"

She could hear her name, it sounded frantic and pained as Oikawa called out to her, but Mari didn't react beyond a small jolt of her shivering frame. Why would anyone call out to her? She was nothing. She was useless. Nothing but Depraved, Debased ... That's what he had called her right? When he was strangling the life from her...

"calm yourself Mari, Oikawa needs our support and we're still here with you."

She heard his voice, echoing in the chamber around her, amidst the chaos - a voice, young - adolescent. Breaking. Mari lifted her head- vacant eyes watching as the two before her fought. Valliant. Strong. Shouldn't she be helping too...what lead her to crumble so like this?

@Oikawa @Crozeph

Kingsguard

Four fell and disintegrated as Oikawa's spear annihilated them with his attack. The remaining two began wailing again and soon enough one of the Kingsguard attacked Oikawa. Wild swings went around the area but it was all aimed at the spear wielder. Undisciplined attacks brought upon by its anger for its fallen comrades were what they witnessed. Unfortunately the swings were enough to reach Oikawa. The wailing was louder than when six of them were still up. The sixth kingsguard smiled, a sinister smile as it began to make its way towards Oikawa. Maggots squirms in its lips and its sword raised, ready to strike the player who was still receiving blow after blow from the fifth kingsguard. The sixth kingsguard leaped towards where Oikawa is, the eyes were glaring as it launched off its feet to land a blow towards Oikawa.

Crozeph 

Swift attacks, precise and quick enough so that the enemy cannot dodge. That was the principle of his style, why would he mess up now. The attacks of the fifth kingsguard were relentless and as much as Crozeph wants to join it, the strength of every blow was enough to make him hesitate "I'm sorry Oikawa" he thought. Crozeph couldn't afford to make some sort of friendly fire. If worse comes to worst, his katana might hit his friend. Crozeph tried to look for an opening but he couldn't see any, mixing the movements of his sword art would cause serious problems "damn it why am I overthinking?" he uttered in anger. 

It must've been his intuition or some kind of instinct inside of him, he felt a shiver as if something bad was about to happen. He turned his head and saw the sixth kingsguard a launch itself towards Oikawa. It felt slow as if he's watching a movie in slow motion. Crozeph felt his heartbeat go faster, his azure eyes told him of what would happen if he stood still. Turning his attention off the fifth kingsguard, Crozeph dashed and used himself to intercept the attack of the sixth. He charged at the sixth kingsguard using his shoulder and what he did deliver an excruciating pain to himself. The direction of the longsword was derailed and missed Oikawa and fortunately Mari also who was behind him. The sixth kingsguard lost grip of its sword as it buried on the stone floor. 

Crozeph used all of his strength to push back the kingsguard he just intercepted, ignoring the pain in his shoulder "not on my watch you maggot eating bastard" he yelled. Crozeph was struggling, the kingsguard had a broader build than him but that won't stop him. The smile of the sixth kingsguard disappeared and it turned into annoyance. It began gnashing its teeth in frustration, that attack was supposed to wound Oikawa. Crozeph then took a step back and tried to attack but the kingsguard grabbed him by the neck and slammed him on a wall behind it. he could feel the wind knocked out of him as he received the force of that attack. He looked at his health bar and it seems that there is no damage yet. "Looks like you can't hurt us without your swords, frustrating isn't it..." Crozeph muttered as he tried to set himself free of its grip.

Almost everything about the dungeon's programming was phantasmal and grotesque, Crozeph kicked the kingsguard to ease the pressure on his back as he is pressed against the wall. "You return only to bring back another pair of traitors" he heard the voice again. Crozeph looked to where it came from and it was probably the most horrifying thing he saw inside Aincrad for a while. A face emerged from the wall behind Mari, given that the hallway was narrow, Mari was within its reach. It was the face of a young man wearing a crown, bloodshot eyes, and a smile that reaches from ear to ear literally, bleeding and infected. "The king in the painting" Crozeph remembered and he also remembered how this same creature was holding a head of a woman in it. He began to stab the face of the kingsguard who was pinning him as the crowned monster emerged from the wall reaching to the orange-haired player. "Oikawa! there's someone behind Mari!" he yelled in panic. He was out of reach and Oikawa has his back turned away from her, Crozeph couldn't take his eyes away from it. The king emerged slowly and it looked at Mari who was still shaken from earlier. He looked at her, curious yet full of anger, and in a second it uttered one word with so much hate it sounded like a curse "mother!" he uttered.

Crozeph could feel his intentions and as he uttered a word, he turned his eyes to Crozeph and placed a finger on his lips telling him to be quiet. "Oikawa! there's someone!" he kicked the kingsguard with all the force that he could give but as he did, the king slinked back quickly to the wall, it was avoiding Oikawa. The sixth kingsguard let Crozeph go and turned around back to Oikawa again, ready to attack.

• Corrupted Kingsguard 5 ID: 150298 I BD: 7 success I dealt 72 - 61 MIT = 11 damage to Oikawa
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 6 ID: 150299 I BD: 3 fail
  • Crozeph ID: 150296 I BD: 3 +2 buff = 5 fail

Party:

[H: -/-/-/-/0/0 ] Crozeph: 500/500 | EN: 46/50 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 8 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 0 | SVY: +2 | RGN: +2 | BLD: 1 | LD: +2

[H: -/-/-/-/9/9 ] @Oikawa: 1365/1410 | EN: 114/138 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 | BLD: 36 | PV(O): +1 | FL AURA: 20 | LM: +2 | REC: +3 (+1 EN) (-14 EN)

[H: -/-/-/-/0/0 ] @Mari: 1410/1410  | EN: 136/138 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 6 | EVA: 3 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 | BLD: 24 | FL AURA: 15

Enemies:

• Corrupted Kingsguard 1: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 2: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 3: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0  
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 4: 0/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 
  • Corrupted Kingsguard 5: 280/300 | DMG: 72 | MIT: 40 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 (-20 Flame Aura)
Edited by Crozeph