[PP-F1] <<FFLAF>> Training Regime I

Is it really a wise decision? for a girl who was always scared it seemed like she wanted to try something else but since she was always scared of the unknown, Shirogane only moved from one settlement to another. "I wish Jeca and Alca are here with me" she thought. Shirogane held her naginata firmly, maybe they will fight something fearsome and it made her feel uneasy "I'm not ready to fight something like that again" she thought while shaking her head. Shirogane would have to deal with this new way of life that she chose "I'm going to be a wonderful nobushi, then I'll be able to venture out on my own" she told herself as she smiled and slams the butt of her naginata on the ground.

Floor One was where it all started and it made sense that the person she asked to train her would choose this floor to start with "gotta start from the lowest and work my way up to the..." Shirogane remembered how she went to the upper floors just to gather Easter eggs with her friends. It was the good times but now is the hard times and it didn't matter to her how hard the task would be from her trainer "I'm going to be strong that we'll be the Holmes and Watson of this game" she exclaimed. Shirogane's smile caught the eyes of other players and they were mesmerized by it. Shirogane noticed the glances they gave her and shied away "crap I got carried away in excitement" she thought. She gripped her naginata tight and kept her eyes down, she was feeling embarrassed at the moment "w-when will he arrive? I feel eyes on me already" she thought.

Spoiler

Stats

• Level: 1 I HP: 20 I EN: 2 I DMG: 7 I ACC: 0 : EVA: 0 I MIT: 0

Equips

• Ko-naginata [+2 damage] I Heavy Armor 

Skills 

• THAS [R1] I Heavy Armor

@Crozeph

Edited by Shirogane
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph yawned as he walked inside the settlement, it's been a while since he visited the place. The sun provided just the right warmth to keep everyone awake, except Crozeph who agreed to train someone but find it hard to keep himself awake. They were preparing for something and Crozeph wanted that person to be strong enough to handle the battle if there ever was any. He made his way to the place where he told her about it. 

His walk was rather uncomfortable to him, he dodged glances and people looked at his attire "first time seeing someone not wearing an armor? they'd flip out of they see Baldur" he thought. He and Baldur kept true to the set, a katana and a samurai garb to complete the Shinsengumi look "to be honest I can't even call this the weaboo attire but kinda rude so..." he scratched his head as he tried to look for his friend. "where could she be?" he thought as he stood on the coordinates he gave her. He looked around and saw a few boys giving glances to a player standing beside a building. She a heavy armor and carried a naginata her face turning red. Crozeph shook his head, smiled, and approached her "I find it hard to believe that you want to help anyone who needs it, you're shyer than me Chosa" he said as he stood in front of her. The glances stopped as they saw his figure "well can't find anything interesting on a crow"  he thought.

Spoiler

Stats

• Level: 27 I HP: 540 I EN: 54 I DMG: 12 I ACC: 0 : EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +2 Savvy I +2 Regen I +1 Bleed

Skills

• Curved Sword R1I Katana R5 I Light armor R2 I Battle healing R2 I First Aid R2 I Survival [extra] I Meditation [extra]

Equips

• Flamebringer [+4 damage +1 Bleed] I Karasu-No-Kami [+1 Savvy +2 Regen] I Yagyu's Legacy [+1 Savvy +2 EVA]

Edited by Crozeph

Shirogane was startled by a voice and when she looked in front of her, there he was, the person who she forced to agree to train her. "Y-You're late!" she yelled at him. People around them began looking at the two and it made Shirogane more anxious "sorry about that but still, you're late" she said. She stretched out her hand holding a naginata and showed it to Crozeph "this is the best that I can have with my skills right now so I may not be of much help when we are fighting" she told him. 

Shirogane wanted to address one more thing before anything that they would do for today "I'd prefer if you'd call me Shirogane, that's my proper name and since we're partners from here on out, I'd like to be called by my name" she said. Shirogane felt bad that she told Crozeph a fake name the first time they met at Floor 4, she was asking a stranger for help and also felt paranoid at the same time. "So what are we going to fight today for my training," she asked him.

"Yeah I know I'm late that's why we gotta move now" he replied. Crozeph took the naginata she's holding as they walked "a nice weapon, I didn't think you'd give up your shield for a two-handed spear" he told her. Crozeph remembered how she was so afraid back when she asked for his help, even with a shield she was shaking but now she's trying to actually rid herself of fear. "It'll be a long way but you'll get there eventually" he told her. Where they're going now is where Crozeph first went after his first isolation, a person who might help Shirogane on her first steps. It's not dangerous but not a waste of time, he's sure that Shirogane would love to do the quest.

"We won't be fighting anything yet, I want you to at least get yourself familiar with some things on this place before we move to fight," he told her "I don't want to put you in danger because that armor of yours looks crappy" he added. Crozeph scratched his head as he tried to remember if he could give something to Shirogane at his shop "I'll give you some of my armor after we get through this, that should help you and me keep things within safety" Crozeph could her some yukata and maybe a heavy armor just like what she's wearing.

Shirogane made a smug face as Crozeph praised her weapon "of course I can pick something good, I'm planning to be a merchant someday because it looks fun. Didn't you say that you're moving to the performer profession? as payment for helping me here I'll help you with the profession though I can only teach you a few things I know" she told him eagerly. Shirogane didn't like it when music is the topic, she was almost a prodigy but her point still stands, her music is for her family and not for earning something. They continued to make their way into the large city, she had no idea where they are going but she trusts Crozeph, and even if he tries anything funny she'll just stab him with her naginata.

The idea of her having a few armor from Crozeph was exciting for her "really? I'm on the heavy armor side so I wasn't expecting you to have any heavy armor since your equips are all light" she said "still I am grateful for what you'll give" she added. Shirogane followed him, her journey for self-improvement has begun an she plans to make good use of the time Crozeph gives to her.

Edited by Shirogane

"I can do it alone but if it's not an inconvenience to you then you can come along"  he told her. Crozeph's plan is slowly moving forward but still, it would be a huge risk, he was planning to give Baldur equipments that he would find on his travels but now he has decided to be what his favorite playstyle is,  a buff/debuff type of player. He already has the first skill he needed for the plan, First Aid and now he can focus on some items that would some buffs on players and the opposite for mobs.

"I'm a merchant right now and I have some armors that are still unidentified. If I changed my profession I'm giving the remaining unidentified to you so you can start on something" they continued to walk and dodged some players who are in a hurry to get out of the settlement. "I can't remember the place well but I think this is..." Crozeph went inside a shop and pulled Shirogane with him to take her out of the busy alley. The place was what Crozeph remembers, an alchemy store or some sort. He made his way to the counter with Shirogane tailing him from behind.

An old man with white hair and beard sat behind it, in front of him are vials, flasks, and some salves that are ready for use "ho? if it isn't the so-called Crow,  I think I've done enough for you and..." the old man stared at him for a moment "It looks like you've made quite the progress since I last saw you" he added. Crozeph pulled Shirogane gently towards the counter "I've got someone who will need your help old man Zakariah" he told him as he smiled.

Edited by Crozeph

They continued to walk into the busy streets and she listened as Crozph talked about how his performer quest can be done on his own "Nah uh, I'm going with you plus I get to hear you play a musical instrument or maybe sing" she told him. "So after you switch I'm going to be the one doing all the merchant stuff right? then keep all those items flowing into my soon to be prosperous shop and I might just give you a huge discount" she added.

As Shirogane entered the shop, she also saw what Crozeph saw, it was a laboratory and was complete of equipments. Shirogane was amazed by how there are different colors of potion. She wants to stop and look at it all but Crozeph is pulling her towards him. She listened as Crozeph and the old man he called Zakariah talked "they know each other?" she asked herself. Shirogane blushed as Crozeph pushed her towards the counter "h-hi I'm Shirogane and a helping hand is always welcome to me" she said as she stretched out her hand. Shirogane was confused, are they going to craft something "um mister, am I going to use your laboratory equipments?" she asked.

Crozeph walked around the shop and looked at the equipment that Zakariah have, The place had always been giving him nostalgia but it was not because he visited the place but it reminded him of someone else's shop. There was the faint scent of chemicals and herbs on used flasks, Zakariah must've been busy. He tried to pick up one and looked at the insides of some vials, some were familiar colors to him and some are quite strange.

"I would appreciate if you don't raise them high Crow, I wouldn't want someone to be injured because they were curious about the things I do here" Zakariah told him. Crozeph gently placed the flask back on the table and begena making his way back to the counter "well young lady you're going to get me something for you" he told Shirogane. Zakariah picked up an object behind him "this is a material, we players use it for crafting stuff to help us here inside this world and I assume you know that right?" he asked her again. Zakariah then began to give Shirogane the quest "I want you to get me five of these and then return to me and I'll give you an idea of how we do the crafting of things like these" he pointed at the potions and crystals on the shelves "Crow is with you, that guy can help you find materials and even find some for himself" he added

Shirogane turned her head and looked Crozeph, it would seem that Zakariah didn't want him to get splashed by whatever chemical he is holding. Shirogane giggled, who wouldn't? Zakariah's place was enough to make Crozeph, the most disinterested person she ever met, be curious about the chemicals. "I know the materials, a lot of players seem to look for it everywhere" she told him. Shirogane saw players, including Crozeph to value it as much and it wasn't that hard to find, unless a person is very unlucky.

Shirogane nodded her head like a child "well get into it mister Zakariah, we'll be back in a minute" she said as she dashed out of the shop pulling Crozeph with her. "Hey where should we look for materials?" she asked him as they try to quickly make their way out of the settlement. Shirogane's enthusiasm was brimming today and she was hoping she could finish this and help Crozeph on doing his performer quest. The two were out in the fields rather quickly and Shirogane inhaled as if she's going to dive in a pool "let's get started."

Crozeph was already being dragged like a little kid before he could even wave goodbye to Zakariah. The old man gave a soft laugh as he and Shirogane left the shop "looks like Crozeph is getting tangled to a really energetic girl, an opposite that might change his way of life a little" he thought. Crozeph wasn't sure how it happened, they were out of the settlement in just a few minutes and it seemed like Shirogane was eager to gather her materials "just search under the ground or above the trees, maybe smash some boulders" he told her. 

Crozeph looked at her as if he's trying to figure out what another kind of help he can give "hey Chosa, I mean Shirogane, what are your plans? aside from getting your level up and taking on a profession, what else?" he asked her. Whatever her response may be, it would be Crozeph's basis on how to help her. Maybe someday she'll be independent or maybe she's the one helping him. Shirogane was already helping Crozeph. He wasn't expecting her or Mari to be caring enough to give him this icky feeling he rarely felt. He wanted to return the gratitude and maybe, just maybe, he can learn to be more honest to himself.

Shirogane began looking for materials on the trees, she was eager to get things done and move on to the next "I've wasted more than I should with my time and now that Crozeph is helping me, might as well get something done fast so I don't pester him for too long" she thought. She kept her eyes peeled for whatever is useful, Crozeph was in between decent and good on it. "I wonder how you manage to get a lot of materials, do you have a secret or something?" she asked him.

Shirogane was struck by his question, maybe Crozeph was getting annoyed with her already that's why he's asking. Shirogane didn't know him well but she understood enough that Crozeph was preparing for something and she felt like she wanted to be part of it. "I-I don't have much plans aside from those, to be honest, I just want to join you because you're always alone," she said as she tries to hide the sadness in her voice "b-but if it's annoying you I can go back to my previous party, they might be a guild by then so..." Shirogane dug furiously on the ground trying to dodge the conversation.

ID: 148571 I LD: 7 no material found

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph lied down to the grass as they talked, his azure eyes met the sky and the girl has begun her search for materials. "I don't mind you tagging along with me, it's not annoying. I find it thoughtful" he told her. Crozeph was never picky on who he meets, most of the time he's just a quiet person even with someone but when it comes to people like Shirogane and his old friends, Crozeph really liked it when they are still around for him. It was a peaceful day for the two of them and Crozeph wanted to assure Shirogane that she isn't a bother to him.

"I appreciate your decision, I look forward to all those expeditions that we'll be doing but..." he kept on looking at the sky "... I feel like I'm not giving you the best help that I can give or rather I might not give it to you." Crozeph had always been the loner and even inside the game, it seemed like it was only a matter of time until someone like Shirogane wants to be part of his life "are we going to be some kind of Holmes and Watson?" he asked her.

Shirogane smiled but kept it from Crozeph, she continued her search as they talked "well that's a relief, I was wondering if I'm pestering you" she told him. Shirogane liked moments like this, where she and her friends just talked about certain things while being productive at the same time. "You're helping me just fine, not rushing and not slacking" she said as she continued to dig "you're slacking though" she added. It must've been easy for Crozeph to do things alone, get things done but Shirogane thought that maybe, it wasn't good for his heart. This is why she made the decision of going with him when she also decided to strengthen herself. She still has a long way to go but with someone who is objective as Crozeph, she might just gain the right momentum to get stronger.

"Holmes and Watson?" she laughed as she heard it "yes! yes, that's who we are now, I'm more of a Watson so you be Holmes..." Shirogane gave him a sarcastic smile "a lazy version of Holmes" she added. Shirogane continued on searching, she hasn't found one yet and there's five that she has to find before they could return to Zakariah.

ID: 148759 LD: 12 I x1 T1 material found

Edited by Shirogane

"Just fine?" Crozeph thought for a second while still lying down on the grass "why don't we try to do some quests sometime?" he told her "with the way things are now we could probably set up shops, I'm slowly putting a lot of time planning on how to be a performer. You said you'll be a merchant so I'm guessing we could team up" he added. Crozeph had things planned out but haven't started anything yet. He was setting his eyes on a settlement where he can rent an apartment near the street. His shop at Floor 10 was hidden and it was a bad moved from him because.

"I don't even know if I can live up to the name, the guy is a systematic human being it's scary," he told her "I can only put a few things together and draw some not so close conclusion from it" he added. Crozeph didn't know how the two of them could pull it off but they can at least try.

"Oh we're not doing a quest right now?" she asked him. It was a bit weird that he asked that considering they're doing a quest now or maybe Crozeph has something else in his mind. "Do you mean a quest where we kill something? she asked again. Shirogane was a little scared to fight yet, she still had the traumatic experience of her going with Crozeph and the raven-haired player soloed the Sand Shark. It was safe to say that Crozeph would handle the situation and plan something that keeps them both safe but she's still scared. "I could try to do some slaying with you once I get the right equipment to do so," she said with a little nervousness in her voice.

Shirogane searched for materials, she found one already and it was giving her hope when she did. Maybe she just has to put her mind into it and harness the skills that she gained from playing MMOs before she got stuck inside Aincrad.

ID: 148813 LD:4 no materials found

Crozeph had an idea, something that would put Shirogane at ease once they have begun their expeditions to the other floors "we should put up our shops right next to each other, I'll try to look for something where both of us can share the same building" he told her. He had been planning to meet up with Yuki for a while but it seems that with Shirogane's current phobia, it might take a while before he could take her anywhere without putting pressure on her. "Once you get yourself acquainted with the basics of my routine we could meet up with Yuki and other people I know" he added as he looked at the sky.

So many things to do, he had to make haste before the boss fight happens and maybe, he could contribute a lot more if he could at least get his shop running and Shirogane assisting him with giving things to Baldur "we can actually do a lot of things now that it's decided that we'd stick together" it could've gone the wrong way if Crozeph and Shirogane never met but all of those are behind him now, training Shirogane comes first.

The thought of having a shop right next to each other was exciting for Shirogane and also an advantage for her "we can call that place 221B Baker Street" she said. The idea of Holmes and Watson was already falling into place. She was happy about it and for sure her friends would be happy to know that she's doing well. "You can be a performer and I'll be a merchant just below your room" she told him. Shirogane thought about how she would name her shop and told Crozeph some of her ideas "I'm thinking of naming it "221B Heian Antiques or something like Shibuya Trends, and maybe go for the name High Rate Merchs" she said with excitement "I can always have your back for identifications right?" she asked him.

She continued her search for materials, there have been times where she didn't find any and she still had to look for four more "this gets tedious, I can't even imagine doing this alone" she said as she looked underneath the bushes, Crozeph was acting lazy but him talking to her kept her mind out of boredom.

ID: 148946 LD: 1 no materials found

Edited by Shirogane

"221B, sounds good to me" he replied "I'll name my shop as 221B Crow's Adagio" he added. The plans for the shop has been set, now he has to think about what to do with the battle training. Crozeph didn't have enough information on how knowledgeable Shirogane is when it comes to battle "we still have that second quest to do where she kills some boar pups but I need to get to performer first so I can craft some buffs for us" he thought. "Hey Shirogane, how much do you know about MMORPG mechanics? I'm guessing you know a lot because you're cautious, too cautious" he said. Crozeph noticed it at times. She would only travel from town to town via the teleportation portal and the last time he saw him outside was with the easter egg event.

"I'll give you something that might help you with gathering of items and materials but first you should finish what you're doing" he told her. Now his mind is at ease with the two planning things out "I don't want to take in someone and leave them hanging, at least we have a few steps planned now" Crozeph felt his eyes grow heavy, it seems that he's falling asleep.

Shirogane heard the word adagio, in a moment her musically inclined self surfaced as she continued searching for materials "why would you call your shop adagio? are you planning on making some slow-burn music or are you going to sing?" she asked him. Shirogane hated adagios, they're slow and while there is grace in its sound, it felt lonely to her. "Maybe he still has some loneliness he can't express" she thought. Her concern for Crozeph's emotional state began when she saw him again, he was obviously rude to those he meets the first time but at some point, she thought that maybe Crozeph doesn't like them because of a certain pain.

Her thoughts shifted to the next question about MMORPGs and it was something she wanted to flaunt at Crozeph "I know a lot about MMORPGs and you're right I'm cautious but..." she made an awkward smile "that's because I'm scared of monsters bigger than me, I mean I'm good at parties for grinding levels and resource management bu I'm bad at doing things alone" she said as the embarrassment grows. 

Still no materials from her previous search, here's hoping she could find one on a soft ground she found not far from where they were earlier.

ID: 148947 LD: 10 no materials found

Edited by Shirogane

Crozeph stood up and walked towards Shirogane, she seems to have it rough with finding materials but Crozeph wasn't planning on helping her gather, he had something else in his mind. "Remember how I found a treasure chest last time we met?" he told her "it wasn't easy but hey, not everyone has enhancements like I did" he added. Crozeph unsheathed his katana and began to stab the ground a few feet away from where Shirogane was searching for materials "don't put your mind into how you're not finding anything" he continued digging while smiling at her. "I figured you'd be good at the game but it's understandable that you're scared, it's a death game" Crozeph wanted to assure her that he'll be helping and keeping her safe as long as she is under his care.

"I like adagios, they keep me calm," he said as he looked at the soil that he is tilling with his katana. "Here's our plan, you finish this quest we do mine then we resume training. After that I'll try to introduce you to some who might also help you someday" he told her "I may not look like it but I know a few people, they're really helpful like you" he added. Crozeph continued hoping to hit something hard or metallic, it's a sign that there's a treasure chest in the area which he is trying to find and the reason why he stood up.

• ID: 148949
  • LD: 14 no chest found
Edited by Crozeph