[F14 - PP - Mari & Shield] <<The Lich's Calling>>

Quest

Spoiler

<<The Lich's Calling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 14
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

krchCqB.jpg

In a small arena like area with two Barracks on both sides of it, which sits before the pathway into the actual Castle. A crown adorned heavy armored skeletal warrior stands in the middle of the arena with two Skeletal Lichs sitting in the back. Once engaged, the bangs his greatsword on the ground before lifting it above his head. After which a continuous stream of Longsword wielding warriors begin to rush down upon the arena to help save the king. 

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Lich King must be defeated
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Darkness Potion>>

Lich King Information:

<<Lich King>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 350
Damage per Attack: 400

When an allied Skeleton falters while he is still alive. He heals himself for the maximum amount of HP that skeleton had.

Skeletal Warriors Information:

#x <<Shambling Soldier>> is a constantly spawning quest minion as long as Lich King is Alive. (2 every 2 turns)
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 140

If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other.

2x <<Skeletal Lich>> is a single time spawning quest minion as long as Lich King is Alive.
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 140

Dark Coil - Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Rewards:

1. <<Darkness Salve>> Increases Mitigation by 20 at the cost of 3 DMG. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.
Recommended Level: 35

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1850
  • Base EN: 176
  • Base MIT: 181
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 1
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 92 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Manticore Mask - T3 Perfect Shield - Flame Aura I / Taunt / Mitigation I
  • Stinging Nettle - T3 Perfect Heavy Armor - Envenom (Defensive) I / Thorns II
  • Blessed Greaves - T3 Demonic Heavy Armor - Mitigation II / Holy Blessing II
  • Wedding Ring [+18 MIT]
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x3 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +45 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Sharpness: Gives target +[Target's Tier] to Base Damage for 2 turns | 1 Turn Cool Down
  • Justified Riposte: A successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful Riposte: A successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

With the guild slowly coming together, Shield had been spending not only more time around people in general, but around his fellow guild-mates. Thought it was not set in the most inviting of places, Shield had discussed a particular quest with Mari that they might be able to tackle together. That is how he found himself waiting outside of the settlement of Stonewall on the fourteenth floor. The dismal setting was little more than a collection of shacks and tents, its weary looking NPCs keeping busy, listlessly drifting from task to task, or else staring absently into their surroundings, their dust-smudged faces registering little to no concern for their surroundings. Shield waited, composing a quick, last minute message to Mari about the quest ahead of them.

Quest

@Mari,

I don't know if you had a chance to look over all of the details just yet. This is a peculiar quest. It's got a lot of ads, but instead of them attacking players, they try to kill each other, and each one that dies heals the boss as long as he's still alive. Our best bet is going to be focusing single-target to drop the boss ASAP. I can add three to your damage, but if that's not going to cut it to one-shot him, we may need to use some extra firepower. If you need to grab anything, I'd recommend you do so.

-Shield

She was tired. So tired. But Mari couldn't stop now. She just had to keep pushing herself. Keep smiling. Somehow...things would work out. Besides; questing with Shield was always a good distraction. Shield wasn't one to bother her , and he was a fellow guild mate, technically their leader. Mari was on her way to meet up with him.

"Well....this is my last one." Mari said as she pulled out a T3 Damage +3 crystal from her inventory, she had been a little...lazy when it came to crafts lately - but with so much going on she couldn't help it. After this. Mari told her self that after this she'd get some crafting done. Mari had also finished eating one of the Shoyu ramen bowls she had bought from Cordellia, another thing she had to stock up on.

Mari approached Shield with a small wave. "Hey." She said with a tired smile. "I got your message. I haven't exactly done this quest before; have you?" Mari asked. She gave a nervous glance to the town, they were awfully close - enough so for her to aggro the guards.

-Damage Crystal +3 used
Super Sight and Speed Shoyu Ramen: +2 ACC, +1 EVA -1800  used

Spoiler

General
Level: 69 | HP: 1410  |Energy: 138

STATS

DAM: 16 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

BATTLE COPY

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1410/1410  | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 16+3 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Shield saw the glance that Mari gave to the town behind him and got the hint. He pulled up his map of the floor and proceeded to lead the way, trying to put a bit of distance between them and the settlement. "I have," he said, giving a slight nod as extra confirmation to her question. "It has been a while. I almost forgot about how tricky the mechanics are for the fight. There are a few ways to approach things... Like I said in the message, a one-shot would be ideal. Short of that, I'll likely be pulling aggro for both the lich himself and his healing ads. Unlike the skeletal warriors, there are very few of them, and once they're gone, they're gone." Shield took an immolation potion from his pocket and downed it, watching his defensive damage spike on his stats readout in his HUD.

"We've got a bit of a hike ahead of us," he said, sighing. "This floor can be a bit of a nightmare to navigate." He used his fingers to zoom in closer on his map, trying his best to trace the path that led most effectively through the narrow passes and run-down bridges and arches that once looked as if it could have been grand architecture.

[Consuming Immolation Potion +2. +30 THN]

Mari breathed a sigh of relief as she began to follow Shield. The further from town they got, the less tense Mari became. Her shoulders relaxed and her walk turned into a casual pace. "Yeh, I used my last +3 damage consumable, I was running the numbers and with that - charging - and your little...." Mari wriggled her fingers. "Damage helping thing. I should be able to almost one shot it, based on the information you gave me."

Mari kicked at a rock and watched it bounce down the path behind them. "I've organized a time to do the Easter Dungeon with Oikawa, Macradon and Calrex. I'm gonna mention the guild to him then too." Mari said, making light conversation. Mari covered her mouth as she yawned. Geez when was the last time I had a proper rest?

"It's...kinda surreal to be a part of something like this again." Mari said. It still felt unreal, like she was dreaming.

@Shield

"It feels weird to be starting something," he said, shrugging a little. "In the past, I've had to rely on others who had already done. And no offense to them personally, but I never really felt like I was..." he made a broad, sweeping gesture with his hands, "part of it. Like it existed around me, but it wasn't really for me." Shield looked down at his hands. "But this is something we get to shape on our own. We can make it better than all that. We'll actually be able to help players, not hold them back."

As they walked, they wound their way further and further up into the mountains of the fourteenth floor, past the little settlements and towards the looming coliseum that stood out against the darkened sky. "You said you can almost one shot him?" he asked, giving her a sidelong glance. It wasn't that he didn't think she could handle herself. He just didn't want to see the fight go sideways, and they didn't have a ton of extra firepower. "We may only get a couple of shots at this. If we get overwhelmed, things might get messy."

"I'm both nervous and excited." Mari said as she placed a closed hand over her heart. "This just feels, real yanno. It feels like -" She paused as she looked at her own hands.  "I get what you're saying, it feels like we're all a part of this. We're all more experienced - and we're bringing different emotions and experiences to the table - we're creating something with that." Mari's hands dropped freely to the side. It felt nice to be able to articulate these feelings with someone. Mari was so used to keeping everything regarding herself to...well...herself.

The conversation shifted back to the task at hand.
"Ah, yes." Mari said. "There is still the very small possibility of missing, but I've buffed up my accuracy and damage as much as I can. If I hit him, buffed by you, and with my charge - I should net about....390 damage. More if I crit it." She tapped her lip in thought. "I haven't moved my skills over to two handed spear yet - so no AoE - but if we just need to take out the king then that should do it, right?" Mari asked as she yawned and shifted her gaze to Shield.

@Shield

Action:Sharpness > Mari [-11 EN]

[H:/0/0/0/0] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 178/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18/4

<<Lich King>> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 400
When an allied Skeleton falters while he is still alive. He heals himself for the maximum amount of HP that skeleton had.

<<Shambling Soldier 1>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
<<Shambling Soldier 2>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other. (2 spawn every 2 turns)

<<Skeletal Lich 1>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
<<Skeletal Lich 2>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
Dark Coil - Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

"Well, we'll find out shortly how 'almost it's going to be," he said, laughing briefly through his nose. He pointed up at the towering coliseum that they were quickly approaching. Shield led the way up the staircase on the outside, then through a tunnel that led through the wall to get out to the stands. There, on a raised dais in the center, and there sat a lone skeletal figure, leaning on a broad sword. "Keep your wits about you," Shield said. "If we want our attempt to kill him quick to work, we can't let harm come to his minions. If they die, their starting health is added to the boss'. We want him to hit my thorns, and we want his minions not to. That means... I'm only going to be able to focus on me. The minions.... they might have to come for you."

As they drew nearer, Shield filled his lungs with air and then unleashed a booming voice that cut across the stadium, aiming squarely at the throne. "BEEN A WHILE! Don't bet of me getting rusty!" The king stood up from his seat, using the sword practically as a crutch until he was standing fully on display, his dead, empty eyes trained on Shield. 

Edited by Shield

"Hey...Hey Shield." Mar said with a lop-sided grin as she pointed toward the Lich King. "Looks like someone skipped leg day." She paused. "Didn't find that humerus? Reckon he has a bone to pick with me?"  Last time she pulled this Cordelia was probably close to throwing her over the edge of Aincrad. Puns. Mari's go to when she wanted to be distracted, and to distract others. Also, no one could hate a good pun. 

Mari flipped her dagger into a reverse grip- then activated her charge. Springing forward Mari darted to the left then to the right to dodge the shambling soldiers - her eyes narrowed as she zeroed in on the Lich King - rising her dagger above her head Mari jumped and dove into the Lich King head first - her dagger drove into the side of his Skull and he exploded beneath her. That single, overcharged hit destroyed him. "Phew..." Mari stood, there was still the Skeletal Lich duo and the Shambling Soldiers. Both of them had tried to attack her, but their attacks were painstakingly slow - so much so that Mari simply took a single step backward.

"Well, guess its time for you to do what you do best." Mari said. 

At least the Skeletal Lich's weren't attacking. Mari turned to glance at them - they had their bony hands together in prayer. "So, since they don't attack us I suppose I'll go for them whilst you generate the hate for those shamblers, eh?"

@Shield

Action: Charged Eternal Cyclone - Lich King
ID: 147610  BD: 8-1+6  Burn + Bleed activated! 
19+3+5=351 Damage
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1410/1410  | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 16+3 +3( 2/2turns) | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

Shambling Soldier 1 ID:141626  MOB: 5 MISS
Shambling Soldier 2 ID: 141627 MOB: 8 - MISS

<<Lich King>> HP: 0/350 | DMG: 400
When an allied Skeleton falters while he is still alive. He heals himself for the maximum amount of HP that skeleton had.

<<Shambling Soldier 1>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
<<Shambling Soldier 2>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other. (2 spawn every 2 turns)

<<Skeletal Lich 1>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140
<<Skeletal Lich 2>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140

Edited by Mari

Passive [+1 EN]

Action: None

[H:0/0/0/0] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 168/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18/4
[H:0/0/0/0] Mari    - HP: 1410/1410  | EN: 138/138 | DMG: 16+3 +3( 2/2turns) | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

<<Lich King>> HP: 0/350 | DMG: 400

<<Shambling Soldier 2>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140

<<Skeletal Lich 1>> HP: 100/100 | DMG: 140

Shield breathed a sigh of relief as the Lich King was reduced to polygons. "That's the big hurdle out of the way," he said, glancing around the coliseum. The stands, now clearly visible from the center of the arena, were full to bursting with an endless number of the skeletal warriors. Several had already begun filing down the steps to join their king in battle, but with their leader destroyed, they no longer had any direction. Most of them froze on the spot, their bony jaws open and slack, hanging as though their owners were suddenly brain-dead. Those who were already around their king and prepared now turned on each other.

They raised their blades and struck at one another, their attacks landing with heavy clangs against one another's shields. "I..." Shield said, trying to make sense of their actions. "I think those ones will take care of one another, at least partially." He snorted through his nose. "Looks like without their leader, these bone-heads don't know what to do. Looks like they won't touch me, so it's up to you to finish them off so we can get out of this joint."

"Yeh, tis a shame I don't have that two handed spear skill yet - I'd have been able to take out the others in a single swoop. But hey, no use worrying about that now- it seems to be easy sailing from here on out."

Mari turned to the other two shambling skeletons who were trying to attack each other. "Wow...just wow." Mari said as she watched one explode. That was insane
"Well, at least they won't keep respawning!" Mari called out to Shield. If she hadn't felled the Lich King in a single blow; there was a very strong chance that they would have been outnumbered - and with her not being able to do any AoE - they may very well have needed to retreat. "Guess they're boned."  Mari said with a snort - the puns helped put her in a lighter mood - especially with Shield egging her on with jokes of his own. 

Mari charged forward and with a very quick series of jabs one of the Skeletal Liches fell. The second one moaned loudly and took several steps back away from her. Mari snorted. "Suppose he's scared of me, can't blame him - he has no guts." Mari said as she turned around to face Shield.
"SO, two down two to go. Having fun on your vacation?"

@Shield
ID:147629  BD: 4+6=success
Action: Eternal Cyclone  21 x 13= 273
Passive+1 EN

ID: 147630 - Shambling Skeleton 1 > SHambling Skeleton 2  MOB: 10
H:0/0/0/0] Mari    - HP: 1410/1410  | EN: 113/138 | DMG: 16+3 +3( 1/2turns) | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

<<Shambling Soldier 2>> HP: 0/100 | DMG: 140
If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other. (2 spawn every 2 turns)

<<Skeletal Lich 1>> HP: 0/100 | DMG: 140

Edited by Mari

Passive [+1 EN]

Action: Vengeful Riposte [-4 EN]

[H:0/0/0/0] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 165/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18/4
H:0/0/0/0] Mari    - HP: 1410/1410  | EN: 113/138 | DMG: 16+3 +3( 1/2turns) | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other. (2 spawn every 2 turns)

With the first of the soldiers felled, the victor of the skirmish turned its eyes to the adventurers who had intruded into their domain. Shield strode forward, unsheathing his sword and holding it at the ready. "Looks like vacation is over," he said, lowering himself into a ready stance to parry and counterattack anything that struck out at him. His eyes, however, were trained on the remaining soldier. "I think this one's looking for a fight. I'd say he's a dead man walking. At least one of them has a backbone." The fight so far had been completely uneventful for him, it was true. He was much more accustomed to being at the center of a fray, pulling attention from the less defensive strikers. However, now that the central figure of the fight was gone, it seemed as if it was finally regaining a sense of normalcy.

"We'll have to come back to this one once you've switched over to your new weapon," Shield said with a little nod. "I think you're going to be very pleased with the kind of impact that has on your damage output."

"You know...." Mari began as she activated her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art again - pausing for the brief second it took to knock out the final Skeletal Lich with the blade digging into the back of its head.  "I'm kinda glad you appreciate my puns." Mari stepped over the dead - well deader corpse as it exploded into fractals. "Most people just groan when I start up. Like - I guess much like these skeletons, they just don't have the stomach for it." Mari added with an amused grin. This was nice. A relatively easy quest with someone she didn't mind being around - the casual banter. It felt...Right but at the same time, almost unnatural - since it was such a foreign concept for her.

"We can do that - If you're not bored of my jokes, I do have a skele-ton of them in my ol' brain."  She watched as the last remaining shambling skeleton tried to attack Shield, but tripped over itself before managing to do much of anything. 

"Not so scary when they don't have the numbers to back them up, huh?" Mari said with a tilt of her head.

Action: Eternal Cyclone  21 x 13= 273
ID:147631 7+6=success
Passive+1 EN

Shambling Skeleton 2 > Shield
ID:147632 MOB: 3+1=MISS
H:0/0/0/0] Mari    - HP: 1410/1410  | EN: 101/138 | DMG: 16+3 +3( 0/2turns-removed next turn) | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |
[H:0/0/0/0] Shield: HP: 1850/1850 | EN: 165/176 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 181 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18/4

<<Skeletal Lich 2>> HP: 0/100 | DMG: 140

Edited by Mari

Passive+1 EN

Action: 

[H:0/0/0/0] Mari    - HP: 1410/1410  | EN: 101/138 | DMG: 16+3 +3( 0/2turns-removed next turn) | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

"They should grow some thicker skin then," Shield said, giving a little half smirk, then turning to properly face Mari. "I am a dad, you know. By law, I'm required to enjoy puns." He kept his sword out, still prepared to return any strikes that the shambler sent his way, but the fight was over. It was just a matter of putting down the last straggler. "This one doesn't know when to give up. Suppose he's a bit hard-headed." The skeleton shambled forward, bu Shield held up his own shield to fend it off. It stumbled back, disoriented, but kept on coming, its arms flailing as it tried and failed to swing its heavy headed axe at Shield.

"They do lose a bit of the scare factor once the fight is over like this," he said, sort of studying the skeleton. "In a big mass of undead fiends, there is that fear of inevitably being overrun. It's the same reason zombie moves scare some people. Just that there's no way to stop them and they just keep coming." He took a step and gave a proper push, putting the skeleton back on its bony rear end. "Not so much now."

Mari snorted when Shield threw another pun at her. "You'd think that would be a prerequisite to being a father." Mari said with a small grin - it faded as she shifted her gaze away. Her ex-husband hated them, at least when they were married - it seemed like he had become a completely different person - but...that was in the past now. There was no use in giving a man who gave her nothing but strife the time.  "I should make it a 'must have' for future relationships. Must enjoy a good pun." Mari said with a forced grin.

Mari turned and with a quick flick of her dagger, activating the <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art she was able to lob off the Shambling Soldiers head clean off with not but a single strike. "And that's that."  She put her dagger away and leaned over to start picking up the items that the mobs had dropped.

"You know, those are some of the things I'm beginning to miss. Bad movies."

ID: 147969   BD: 10 CRIT
19+2=21 21x 13= 273

[H:0/0/0/0] Mari    - HP: 1410/1410  | EN: 102/138 | DMG: 16+3  | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4 +2 | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

<<Shambling Soldier 1>> HP: 0/100 | DMG: 140

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Swapping Gear:

-Stinging Nettle [THN 2, ENV (D) 1]
+Seeking Aura [LD 3]

With the last of the active undead neutralized, Shield went through the practiced motion of switching out his defensive damage for his loot finding trinket. "Bad movies hold a special place in all of our hearts. If we ever get out of here, you need to look up a couple of my favorite bad horror movies: Thirteenth Child - The Legend of the Jersey Devil, and Flight of the Living Dead, the latter being exactly the plot of the movie Snakes on a Plane, but with zombies instead of snakes." He began making his way in the direction from which they had come, ckimbing up the many tiers of stone seating to find the tunnel leading to the exit.

"Was there anything else you were hoping to accomplish between now and when we head back?" Shield asked, though his eyes were less on the conversation than they were scanning about the stony path back down the mountain for any useful finds. He had, after all, built his business on trading crafting items to other players. Every opportunity he had to stock up, he was going to take. This sort of outing was no exception.

"Heh. I'll try to remember them." Mari said with a small laugh, although her smile faded the moment Shield glanced away - would there be such a possibility? To be able to just sit and enjoy bad movies? It sounded kinda nice... just sitting alone on a couch -  headphones on with nothing but a screen illuminating your face. Rugged up, safe, and warm. No worries about people coming for your head - about monsters or events. Grinding numbers and levels. Just... still, stationary, serenity.  Will I even get that chance?

Mari shifted her blue eyes to Shield, there was nothing she needed to do. Not right now. "No. I have nothing planned. I've got all the items I need for the Easter Dungeon and will be heading off for that in a day-or two." Mari tugged on her scarf as they walked. It'd be nice if she somehow found rest between it all. But even if she did, she doubted she could sleep. "How is Beat?" Mari asked, curious. Whilst she had only met him once their meeting was a turbulent whirlwind of high emotions. Mari couldn't exactly pick what or why - but Beat seemed to still be...bothered by some sort of internal struggle. "He..doing okay?" She asked.

@Shield

Spoiler

Searching for Materials -  ID# 148019 results: Loot: 12+8=20 [1 Material found]

Total Loot

Materials: 1

"Are any of us?" he asked, giving Mari a glance out of the corner of his eye. He and Mari, Baldur and Beat, Oikawa... each of them had gone into hiding and only recently emerged. If there was one thing that they all shared, it was that things were not exactly okay. "From the very first day we stepped into this world, we all started seeing the very worst of human nature. It's true that we're doing our best to represent the best of human nature, but... I think all of us have seen low places in pretty recent memory." As they walked, a glint of something bright caught his eyes, and he stooped to pick it up. It was a shard of some sort of crystal. He couldn't place it just yet, but it clearly had an item tag, so he kept it, storing it in his inventory.

"I think that's why the concept of Jacob's Ladder is so important," he said, lifting his eyes to the 'ceiling' of the floor, which was never really visible from ground level, but they knew it was there. "It's the bridge we're all looking for to get out of the low places."

Edited by Shield

"I suppose not, no." Mari said with a little more brutal honesty than she had intended. She inwardly flinched when she heard the cold truth of her words. She wasn't okay. Not in the slightest. But she was too busy focusing on everyone else. She preferred it that way. The less thinking about herself she had to do, the better.  "That's true." Mari said when Shield continued his talk. "I've seen...some nasty things...but also..." She glanced back up at him with a lopsided grin. "I've seen some pretty neat things too - and that kinda gives me the hope that not everyone is a shitty human being. We're just all throwing crap every which way and dealing with the [censored] thrown at us the best we all can." The analogy wasn't the prettiest. But Mari was never good at her words. She sighed. "Man - I wish I had Baldur's Eloquence - I'm sure he'd have said something more profound than literal crap." Mari added with an amused tone. 

She reached out and placed a reassuring hand on his upper arm, (being too short to properly reach his shoulder no doubt)   
"We all have the same goals, the same ideals - I honestly feel like we've really got something special with Jacobs Ladder."

Spoiler

Searching for Materials -  ID# 148039 results: Loot: 2+8=10 [No Materials found]

Total Loot

Materials: 1

Shield sighed, looking up towards the ceiling and shaking his head. "I know," he said, adding a little shrug. "I don't doubt the guild, and especially not the people in it. I just have an awareness that... there are a lot of people in this game that aren't okay. I've seen pain... heartache... anger... every direction I've looked for a long time now. Even in the last guild I was in. There was so much anger... Players ended up resenting each other." His footfalls were heavy on the rough gravel and stone of the bridges and byways of the fourteenth floor.

"In the end... that's really what we're fighting first and foremost," Shield finally said, patting the hand that Mari had placed on his arm with his own larger, heavier hand. "There's so much distrust and dislike between people who are supposed to be working towards the same goal. If anyone is going to get past it... they're gonna need some good examples." His eyes were intent - not angry or frustrated. They were determined.

"Right?"

Edited by Shield

"We all hold some anger." Mari said. Although she couldn't pick a name or face that she was currently angry at, not even herself. "You know..." Mari began. "People think of me as this wonderful beacon - someone to help guide them and hold their hand through the tough times, and...whilst I don't exactly mind doing that - its tiring." Mari admitted. "People assume I like it." She added, thinking back to Snow's comments. "But truth is - I can't say I really do. I just...dislike seeing the pain, heartache -anger - I dislike seeing myself reflected in others. So I want to help them for that reason. I really don't want to see anyone make the same mistakes I have."

Mari kicked a small rock. "But - I also know sometimes people learn through those mistakes, so the best I can do - is be there for them when they falter - or need it."

She turned to Shield. "As you said, people just need some good examples - and an ear to listen to their troubles. Far too much fighting, not enough talking."