[F1-PP] Possibilities (Third Lessons)

Watching all the others shift through the caves grounds, Sam tries using her arts again. Slicing through the air with the intent to hit her target but again it goes right over its head. Sam stands there and starts thinking. What would she of done with her group of friends, if these people were them. What would she do in a situation like this... Sam glances around to everyone's location. Finding Setsuna behind the pillar and Gaius getting ready to attack again in the distance. 

The creature roars with an echoing voice as it begins to run in Setsuna's direction. At that moment Sam angrily screams "NO" as she runs behind it and kicks it in the back. The creature stops and turns toward Sam for just a moment before she yells out to Setsuna "NOW" hopefully giving her that half a second opening she needed to end this fool.

Activating Whirlwind!

ID# 149944 results: Battle: 1 Misses! vs Cave Guardian #1

ID# 149945 results: MOB: 6-3=3 Misses! vs. Setsuna

Players                                

Sam    180/180 | 15/18 | DMG: 8 | LD: +3                
Setsuna    260/260 | 20/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: +3 | LD: +2 | DSG [1/3]        
Simmone    260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 1 | EVA: +1 | REC: 2 [CD:6+] | ACC: +3 | CONC [0/3]    
Gaius    260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [1/3]

Hatred:    Mobs:
(0,1,0,0)    Cave Guardian #1    HP: 11/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,0,0,2)    Cave Guardian #2    HP: -46/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,1,0,1)    Cave Guardian #3    HP: -43/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)
(0,0,0,1)    Cave Guardian #4    HP: -34/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)

Edited by Sam

Gaius missed, Sam missed and Setsuna was feeling the pressure. She was having to use all of her abilities just avoiding the attacks that seemed fueled with quite an impact with each one she manages to avoid. They cause craters and holes wherever they land, composed of multiple pebbles dropping with each as they are removed. Sam moves forward and kicks its back, Setsuna tries to take advantage of the slight turn in its frame. A quick light blue cleave toward the hulking mass to which it shifts back and lifts two heavy appendages. With sparks the entire strike is blocked, a bellowed chuckle from the golem as it lifts the connected arms up and slams down where Setsuna is standing. She narrowly avoids the hammer blow, a cloud of dust being the only connection it forms. Setsuna's eyes dart around, Simmone's light still holding strong and Gaius was inbound. She would have to learn to rely on them, as the creature would allow her a moment to do anything more than dodge.

ID# 149946 results: Battle: 5, Missed vs Cave Guardian #1

Players

Setsuna    260/260 | 19/26 | DMG: 9 | EVA: +3 | LD: +2 | DSG [2/3]        
Simmone    260/260 | 26/26 | DMG: 1 | EVA: +1 | REC: 2 [CD:6+] | ACC: +3 | CONC [0/3]    
Gaius    260/260 | 15/26 | DMG: 9 | MITI: 9 | HM 2: +2 | LM 2: +2 | REC: 1 [CD:6+] | DSG [1/3]

Edited by Setsuna

Things were going rather poorly, Setsuna was under constant attack and Gaius and Sam just couldn't seem to keep up with the rampaging construct. "Good lord, someone do something." Simmone shouted as Setsuna was starting to become out of breath between all the dodging, her stamina was being drained with each leap and slide. She could tell that this wasn't going to last forever until the creature finally caught her, and the girl clearly did not have a clear way of thwarting the attacking mass either. Simmone felt rather useless in this nonsense, she knew she could connect but was stuck holding this blasted stone instead of aiding the group more directly. It was clear the group was missing something, to what Simmone was not sure. "Gaius, you've got this." Simmone shot a remark to him, not out of spite but in encouragement as she casts the light out in front of her.

Players

Gaius was a bit confused by the words now stemming from Simmone. "I thought I was an idiot, but now..." Gaius looks to his weapon, still creating a blur in his hands as he shifts it about between both. "I'll get it ok, the girl will be fine. So don't go being all mushy on my account, I ain't going to let little Setsuna die." Gaius barks with a smile on his face. The spinning stop as the green glow is brighter than usual as he heaves it through the creatures back. It slows, Setsuna turns, and a quick smile paints upon the child's lips. "Mortal Draw: Erasure." she whispers as a violent tear of her blade out cleaves it hard into its chest causing it to stagger backward. "Hey buddy, remember me?" Gaius laughs as his hands grab onto his polearm, lifting the creature on the rod. A shift of his weight slams the now impaled beast into the wall causing it to shatter into a raining stone that fades into data.

ID# 149947 results: Battle: 7+2=9, Craft: 9 [REC: +1] Hit! vs Cave Guardian #1 dealing 22 damage killing Cave Guardian #1

Players

(0,1,0,1)    Cave Guardian #1    HP: -11/20    DMG: 5 (50 on First Successful)

Edited by Gaius

Sam smiles just a bit as Gaius ends the last creature's life with ease. Sam walks to pick her gem up from the ground, a pearl of sorts. Putting her weapon away she takes tightens her grip on her gem as she says while thinking of Raidou words "I know I might not seem like much but I will prove that I am worth all of your time eventually. I am joining Firm Anima and if you guys don't like it or me...Then I guess I will just have to change your perspective of me somehow. I could give a dam less how long that would take." Sam looks to Gaius and Setsuna with confident eyes. Placing the gem in her satchel she gives Simmone a quick glance before walking out of the cave as she heads back to Hannah.

Everyone else collects their gems as well and follow Sam in toe with no words. Arriving at Hannah's one by one, each party member gives her the gems and in return is handed a package to give to the fisherman, Ol' Pete who is at a giant lake nearby. Sam, Simmone, Setsuna, and Gaius all deliver their packages and heads off in different directions after everyone's HUD chimes at the completion of this quest. 

Sam walks back to Eruda's shop and sits in her cot for the sun was about to set. Eruda was still not back, but Sam knew that she would see her anytime soon. Opening her HUD at looking at the Firm Anima guild invite, Sam closes her eyes and accepts this guild invite knowing that it would be her best course of action in order to survive this scary setting.

Quest Complete:

Sam:

4*(1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)

400*Col (400 Thread Closure)

1*T1/Uncommon/Trinket Accuracy +1

Setsuna:

Simmone:

Gaius: