[PP-F4] <<Absolute Zero>> The Cold Will Bother Us In Every Way

Crozeph could remember some details of the fight he had with Avalanche. He fought it twice, one doing it solo and the other taking it down with Yuki. Crozeph thought it was over or rather he wanted to stay away from the coldness of the floor unless he's visiting his orange-haired psychiatrist. It was rather surprising for him to actually gain info from a broker about Avalanche who is now called Absolute Zero. Crozeph couldn't help but be confused by it. For the raven-haired player, the monster sounded like an upgraded version of a Mortal Kombat character. His thoughts flowed into whether Avalanche gained a humanoid form or it gained a bigger form. Whatever happened to the R-rated Olaf that he killed twice, Crozeph was willing to take on the monster again but it made him think twice to take on Avalanche... Absolute Zero alone.

The lake where Absolute Zero is was easy to find for Crozeph. He stood about a hundred feet away from the lake. Cold wind, thick snow, a half-frozen lake, everything about the place was filled with white. There was no snowfall that day but it was clear that it was a heavy fall the night before. The lake was vacated when he saw it, looks like a lot of the inhabitants of the floor knew the danger. There were fewer footprints on the snow also to where Crozeph is, it was like a crime scene and no one must've gone near the lake except for players who like to dare themselves of the facing Absolute Zero and it's danger. 

Crozeph cloak flapped gently as the cold wind blew like a mother singing a lullaby to her child. Crozeph was prepared for the cold this time. Aside from his yukata, he wore a black cloak he got from someone. It was a little durable than the haori he wore but it also lessens his speed, not that it would matter. Crozeph scrolled through his inventory on what he needs for the fight. He would need a lot of buffs on this one and maybe if some people make it, he might form a party. 

Crozeph suddenly realized someone who will never back down on a challenge, Yuki Mikoto. Crozeph quickly opened his mail and began composing a message for Yuki "I'm here at floor four..." he mumbled as he types the message, his fingers typing what he says. "If you don't mind, we can take on a stronger Avalanche" he was still mumbling to himself "I'm near a lake you can see me wearing a black cloak" he added to the message. Crozeph checked if he spelled anything wrong and then pressed the send button. Crozeph then checked his inventory of the items that they will be using for the quest, the last thing he wants to see is Yuki getting pummeled repeatedly without buffs.

Spoiler

Stats

• Level 27 I HP: 540 I EN: 54 I DMG: 12 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA : 1 I +1 Bleed I +1 Savvy I +2 Regen I House Buff : Relaxed

Skills

• Curved Sword R1 I Katana R5 I Light Armor R2 I Battle Healing R2 I First Aid R2 I Survival [extra] I Meditation [extra]

Equips

• Flamebringer T2 +4 DMG +1 Bleed I Karasu-No-Kami T2 +1 Savvy +2 Regen I Cloak of the Oath T2 +1 EVA +2 MIT

Battle ready items

• Titan's Strength x3 [+3 damage]
  • Antibody Amalgam [+3 antidote]
  • Eggplant Fries [+2 antioxidants]
  • Immolation Potion [+1 immolation
  • Field Rations  II [+2 over-health]

@Zajcica @NIGHT

Edited by Crozeph
added house buffs

Yuki saw the message pop up in her menu just as soon as she started her food crafting today. Perfect time to makes some use of her foods in a big battle. The Absolute Zero quest out leagued her ability to tank for sure this was too big of a job for just her and Crow. She opened another message box after sending Crow a reply.

Crow - Will be there in 20 minutes, bringing a friend.
Night - Hey, Floor 4, Absolute Zero. Bring buffs, I'm bringing a feast for Mitigation. 20 minutes.

With both of her messages sent out the paladin quickly wrapped up all her foods and made her way to the teleporter while eating her freshly made sushi dragon roll. It would make her a little tougher, but it wasn't enough. She would need more HP as well. This was dangerous since the boss had the potential to freeze her in place. She pulled out another set of food, some marinated squid cooked just perfect! With  Cooking was never not fun.

Twenty minutes pass and she meets with Crow at the lake he mentioned. "Oi. Bringing me back to the freezing cold floor hunh? Well, I brought you something to eat. It'll make you a little tougher cause this boss can use AoE. I've got a friend coming to help us, cause without help, we won't last long enough."

@Crozeph @NIGHT

Spoiler

General
Level: 35 | HP:  760/760+90 | Energy: 70/70 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99+35 ACC: 0 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 18

Skills
R2 OHAS, R5 Heavy Armor, R3 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): MIT I, Thorns II
Revenant(Shield): Taunt I; Rec II
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)
Using Food IDs 149472 for +30 MIT + Filling 5
Combining IDs 146733; 146733-1 for a feast of OH III

Edited by Zajcica

NIGHT: mitigation?
NIGHT: i dont need any
NIGHT: omw

- - - - -

The twenty minutes were spent in preparation. Absolute Zero was one hell of a mark, according to Bistro. One large, hulking beast, a target made easy to hit by its size, but just as deadly with its range because of it. NIGHT placed an order for one of the alchemist's antidotes, for they'd seemed to have come in handy during her last battle with a creature of such massive size. To take that mark up today, she reasoned with herself; why not take the chance and help a friend out?

One skip around the block, the coffee aroma lingering on NIGHT's armor steadfast the moment she walked out of Bistro's store. A set of red sparkles lined the sleeves of the tracksuit she donned, whilst she brought out a handful of damage consumables as a snack on her way to the meeting point. The last key item, a defined crystal kept in her palm, was subject to its corners being thumbed by the woman on her stroll over to Floor 4. While she was certain Yuki could take the brunt of the damage, the music's effects of reducing their enemy's accuracy was bound to come in handy when Avalanche took its time to strike. Better to be safe than be sorry.

But when her moment of arrival came, she spied two figures out in the hazy white. Cotton-candy pink, her paladin and trust in battle. The other clad in a darker black than her own, though...

Who was that?

The player bothered not to approach, just in case. Instead, she brought up her interface, and typed in a message to confer with her friend from a distance.

NIGHT: is this the rude [censored] you were talking about the other day

@Crozeph

Spoiler

NIGHT
 | HP: 990/990 | EN: 96/96
 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 22 (16, +3+2+1*) | EVA: 2 | MIT: 6 (36, -20-10*) | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 3 
 | Stealth Detection: 3 | Antidote: 2
* [Filling] used to provide +1 Protein.

[Skills]
 | 
Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5
  4. - - -
  5. - - - 

-[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3

• Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

[Equipment]

• Jack's Executioner
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 24 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. A hit must occur to activate the status condition. ]
    -- [ Blight I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 24 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. A hit must occur to activate the status condition. ]
    -- [ Cursed | This item cannot be traded to another player or leave the player's inventory. If two players are married with a Cursed item in their shared inventory, either player may access the item. This item automatically adjusts its Tier to the player it's equipped to. ]
  • Reminiscing The Lord
    -- [ Mitigation II | +18 MIT ]
    -- [ Paralytic Venom (Defensive) | Natural successful attacks against you of 8-10 removes the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

-[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E3] Strength (1) -- +3 DMG 
  • [T1E2] Imagine if Azrael was a Hot Dog -- +2 DMG, -30 MIT
  • [T1E2] One Beast's Defiance -- Antidote II | Immunity to status conditions for 2 turns.
  • [T2E2] Der Flohwalzer (1) | [ref] -- Hypnosis II | -2 ACC to one enemy for one battle.
  • - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

[Misc]

• -- [ Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots ]
    -- [ Well Rested | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. ]
    -- [ Col Stash | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. ]
    -- [ Relaxed | Increases out of combat health regeneration by (5 * Tier) per post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat. ]
    -- [ Squeaky Clean | In a thread, -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player. ]
    -- [ Filling | In a thread, +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps. ]

20 minutes ago...

Crozeph was tapping his feet on the snow and his fingers to his arm as he waited, it was a beat from a music he liked outside the game. Changing time signatures was his jam when listening to music and it has always been a fusion of jazz and rock. Unfortunately inside Aincrad he had nothing more than his memory to use as his own source of music "If only I had my headphones" he thought. He heard a ping and saw that Yuki replied to him and it seems that she's bringing a friend with her. Crozeph gathered his thoughts about it "if she's bringing one then that should make the job easier but considering this is Avalanche-" Crozeph scratched his head trying to change the name "since this is Sub-zero from MK then we shouldn't underestimate it" he was sure it would be stronger or the info broker wouldn't tell him that the first who saw it was frozen in fear. Crozeph chuckled as he tried to imagine the players running but frozen in fear.

Present...

Crozeph heard a familiar voice and that would be his favorite cook, Yuki. She told him about the floor being called and bringing her back and also, she brought food for everyone. Crozeph's azure eyes gleamed in excitement "it's been a while since I ate something you cooked" he told her. Yuki was right, without some buff they'll get stomped by Absolute Zero, and imagining it would be really bad. "I've got us some buffs as well. I couldn't fit more than five types in my inventory so I just took what I can fit in" he told her. The buffs were items Crozeph bought from a mysterious group of players who seem to have everything in stock and it might have cost him some materials, Crozeph was willing to spend much just to be prepared.

"Sounds like your friend is a strong one, that'll give us an edge on..." Crozeph noticed something "you heard about the monster too?" he asked her. He wouldn't be surprised, Yuki's diligence to stronger is one of her traits that Crozeph admires and it seems she's way above him by a few levels. "How have you been?" Crozeph wanted to check if she's doing fine, not that she didn't look okay but he's trying to make the conversation more comfortable even though he feels a little nervous and cold about what they're about to fight.

@Zajcica

Yuki gave him a smile while she opened her menu to check her next menu. It was from Night. She must be nearby if she was asking her this. Scanning the area, she thought maybe she could catch a glimpse of her friend, but she was no where to be seen for now. While she spoke to Crozeph, she typed out her response to Night.

"I've been alright. There has been a person helping me level up and I've been busy. What about you? I told you to keep busy so you didn't fall behind. I won't be waiting around for ya!" She handed him his serving of the feast. "Make sure to eat it. It will give you almost 100 more HP to help you survive the damage. I could get frozen a lot here and I don't want you guys to lose even half your HP. I won't be able to tank if I'm worrying about you."

To Night:
Wrong Guy. This guy is nice and stronger than he looks. He's a good friend and a damager as well. It'll make the boss easy. I have food for you here as well, so hurry before it gets cold! Σ(T□T)

@Crozeph @NIGHT

Wrong guy? Alright. Better that NIGHT could simmer down then.

Against the mist, the player's shadowy figure parted through the brightness of daylight and snow. Her steps punctuated each howl of the wind in the cold, crunching upon the blanket of white, footsteps seemingly rhythmic. NIGHT was surprised, really, that the duo hadn't spotted her before she'd gotten closer -- a muddy suggestion out in the shroud might've given someone away. Still, perhaps was some value in keeping her presence hidden. When her would-be party members came into view, she greeted her paladin with a light grunt and a nod, before turning her gaze over to the stranger.

"Yuki's friend. Y'know, I never did get your name." She mightn't have asked the man for his if not for the other day, when the awkwardness of forgetting one's handle (or not asking for it at all?) had struck her hard at Pandora's Wares. She glanced over to Yuki, hand fishing for a crystal in her suit's pocket, before tossing over the dark rectangular object to her friend. "Can I count on you to hold onto that? Better to use it near the start of battle. When to activate it is up to your discretion."

The woman returned to addressing the stranger, offering her hand for a shake. "Name's NIGHT. Pleasure doing business with you."

@Crozeph

Trading @Zajcica the following:

• [T2E2] Der Flohwalzer (1) | [ref] -- Hypnosis II | -2 ACC to one enemy for one battle.

Crozeph made a carefree laugh as Yuki mentioned about falling behind, while he did fall behind level he was trying to get someone started on the life outside the settlement "about that..." Crozeph took the food "... someone asked me to help on leveling, the player stayed inside settlements for a long while so she asked for help on how to live outside it. It seems I got a bit popular with how I sleep anywhere soft or with grass" he told her. Crozeph ate the food as they talked "yeah this won't be like last time with Avalanche who got shaved really good on the first attack has landed, I'm certain that I'd get an ass-whooping from this" he added as he ate the food. It was delicious and warm, something that Crozeph really like about the food she gives her plus with the warmth of the food was keeping him from feeling cold from the weather.

Soon enough a figured appeared before them, a lady wearing an armor and what seemed to be a black tracksuit "is she out for a jog or something?" he asked himself but the armor was an indication that this must be Yuki's friend. Crozeph didn't say a word and continued eating, he might get into trouble if he speak anything to someone he doesn't know. The woman approached them and said something about not getting his name. Crozeph looked at her while eating but he thought he had to say something "I'm Crozeph, can call me Crow if you want it to be shorter" he told her before eating again. He saw her hand something from Yuki and it looks like something Yuki can only use as she left the decision to Yuki on when to use it "is it some kind of grenade?" he thought. Crozeph stretched out his hand for a handshake as she introduced herself as Night "uh yes, pleasure doing business with you too" he replied. He finished his meal and added the damage boost as some kind of dessert. 

He remembered something as they gathered in the area and it was the items that he had bought from a group of people, some kind of logistics. He opened his inventory and began giving it to them "I should give this to you now too" he told them. Crozeph handed some items and after that, he asked them "so how are we going to bring it down? I can only deal damage and heal a little" he said as he finished his food.

Crozeph handed the following

• Yuki: Titan's Strength [+3 damage] I Antibody Amalgam [+3 antidote] I Eggplant Fries [antioxidant] I Immolation potion II I Field Ration II [+ 2 Over-health]
  • Night: Titan's Strength [+3 damage]

consumed:

• Titan's strength [+3 damage]
  • Overhealth III [+90 Max HP]

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki took the little black cube and hooked it onto her side, ensuring that it wouldn't go anywhere and could be activated when they needed it. When Crow asked about it, she smiled. "No you dork, have you not seen a performers craft before? It's a memory cube. It has a song on it that will debuff the enemy. We all came extremely prepared I see. Now, I'm going to talk about the plan. This thing is massive and will destroy me if we don't finish it as quick as possible, understand? I know for a fact that neither of you want to see me die. That being said, when combat begins, I'm going to draw the hate to ensure neither of you take unnecessary damage. I'm going to lure it away so you can't be hit by it's attacks, other than the AoE. While I'm doing that, you'll be flanking it. No matter what happens with me, Do not try to help me. Focus on your end of the bargain and melt it before it can kill me. Is that clear to everyone?" She looks between the two dps players while taking the consumables Crozeph passed to her.

@NIGHT @Crozeph

Spoiler

General
Level: 35 | HP:  760/760+90+30 | Energy: 70/70 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 5+3 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 99+35 ACC: 0 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 18+20

Skills
R2 OHAS, R5 Heavy Armor, R3 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Regal Cuirass(Heavy Armor): MIT I, Thorns II
Revenant(Shield): Taunt I; Rec II
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)

Consuming
Titan's Strength [+3 damage] I Antibody Amalgam [+3 antidote] I Eggplant Fries [antioxidant] I Immolation potion II I Field Ration II [+ 2 Over-health]

Edited by Zajcica

Crow it was. The handshake really helped boost the woman's impression of the stranger -- most players seemed likely to pass over her hand when offered, for some reason. Crow appeared to be be busy chewing on something as he spoke, most likely Yuki's homemade meal. NIGHT would've partaken in it, had it not been the fact that she hadn't the appetite at the moment.

The potion came as a surprise to the fighter. Taking it from Crow's grasp, she let out a short noise of surprise before stashing it away in her inventory. From her hands, the power brew vanished, form fading away in a vertical disintegration of prismatic lights. "I'd already had a dose of damage boosters," she clarified with a wave of her hand. "But I appreciate the gift." It would be her replacement for her single potion lost today.

Yuki and Crow then began exchanging tactics -- a discussion of strategies that turned out to be nothing more than a tank and spank. Easy enough, given no other mechanics were at play in their fight. NIGHT gave her bulwark a nod, before lifting her blade from its sheathe, letting its edge rest lightly upon her shoulder. "I've got the damage," she reassured the party, still wrestling with her Executioner's weight in her grip. "I wouldn't have pinned you down as a healer though." Her gaze rested on Crow as she'd mentioned that, a raise of an eyebrow as she spoke. "Feel free to ignore my health, too. Honestly, it'd be better if we focus on taking down the boss before it gets a chance to lower Yuki's health to the red. It should be easy with two damage dealers."

@Zajcica

Crozeph was listening to how Yuki wanted the fight to go. While it was a good idea to flank it while Yuki tanks the damage, Crozeph was not agreeing with how he won't help her "yeah about that..." Crozeph ate the damage booster in one go "I'd still cast heal on you if worse comes to worst,  stun the creature at best"  he said. Crozeph shivered as cold winds entered his cloak " we should get going, this cold breeze is probably a sign that the creature is near the shore" he told them. Night also told him about  ignoring her health too "I'd cast heal on you too, if you two are going to scold me for it I don't really mind but I can't just ignore it."

Crozeph made his way to the lake and watched the shore. It was calm on the surface but he could feel faint tremors from below. He turned his head towards the two girls  and pointed at the shore "do you think that creature can walk out of the lake..." Crozeph wasn't even finished when the frozen lake water began to rise and erupted like a volcano on them. Water poured on them like heavy rain and it was probably the coldest water Crozeph ever had. Shivering in the cold, Crozeph unsheathed his katana and kept his eyes on the huge creature looming over them.

It had the characteristic of Avalanche but this one was different. Spikes made of icicles jutted around its body and what seemed to be vital areas are covered in thick ice. Huge hands were clearly seen and it was obvious, Absolute Zero will pummel anyone on sight. It let out a roar and clenched its fist, Crozeph bit his lip, he was still fighting the cold feeling and hopefully the other two can begin to fight it. 

Crozeph took a deep breath and calmed himself, Absolute Zero's entrance caught him off guard but he has to do something. He ran towards its arm and looked for what he can hit "no time to choose, I'll just hit everything that I can" he thought. He lowered his katana as he ran up its huge arm, ready to begin his attack. Crozeph slashed at everything around the creatures arm. With its size, it was slow but easy to target. Crozeph jumped off its arm and made a downward slash which made him land on the icy ground quickly "this thing is much harder to cut through"  he could see the marks where his attack landed but by the looks of its hit points, Absolute Zero is more resilient than it looks.

• Crozeph : HP: 630/630 I EN: 39/54 I DMG: 12 [+3 buff] I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA : -1 I +1 Bleed I +1 Savvy I +2 Regen I House Buff : Relaxed
  • @NIGHT
  • @Zajcica

roll ID: 150567 BD: 4 + 2 [AZ's EVA] = 6 success I Dealt 15 base x 15 San Ge = 225 - 75 MIT = 150 damage to Absolute Zero

<<Absolute Zero>>

• HP: 700/850 I MIT: 75 I DMG: 200 I Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) - ACC: 3 - EVA: -2
  • Damage Increase on a Natural Roll of 9: 50 - Damage Increase on a Natural Roll of 10: 100

Abilities:

• <<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
  • <<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.

Edited by Crozeph

To scold him? NIGHT wanted to object but chose to keep her mouth shut. The woman squashed what little simmering annoyance she had for the man's carefree attitude, figuring it was no use to try and convince him otherwise. After all, he was overwhelmingly dismissive about her concern.

With Crow's approach towards the lake, the rumble of the dirt and snow beneath them began to pick up. He didn't even need to point out the boss' arrival as it shattered through the water's clean, thick ice. NIGHT watched the field boss rupture and toss glaciers into the sky without effort, their edges gleaming under the light of day. Then, as its arms were made obvious, the added downpour that served to chill their frosty battlefield further was mighty unbearable to the dark player. Even with Survival, NIGHT found herself shaking in her trainers. This wouldn't do at all.

The woman was practically ready to dive out of battle just to warm up. Then, Jack's Executioner spoke to her with a tantalizing idea: setting the creature itself on fire. How grand, but the player only trusted her blade as far as she could throw it.

Better she put her aim to the test.

When NIGHT got close enough to the boss with a sprint, she stopped, spying its right arm resting upon the remnants of the lake's solid surface. With a swing, the player raised her weapon above her head. Holding the soul bound sword was an effortless task -- it almost felt as though she could wield the blade single-handedly if only Cardinal would allow her to do so with her sword arts. Then, she adjusted her stance, reminiscent of a batter on the diamond. One large sweep; instead of striking at an oncoming object, she let her sword loose.

And she'd hit her target. It'd flown across the ice, landing into the boss' crystalized arm with a loud Clink!. The tip of her dark blade was firmly rooted in its side. No damage -- not like she'd meant it to do any. It was more of a spell of fortune-telling in the heat of the moment, and though it was against her gut instinct to believe her sword or the system, she leaned into the idea further as she clambered up to her blade's hold, using it as leverage to raise herself onto the creature's form.

As her trainers landed upon Zero's polished surface, she willed her blade back to form between her hands. It answered her call with a flash of shadow, her leather gloves wrapping around its hilt tightly as she lifted it in a practice stance. Her blade fell upon the monstrosity's wrist -- a devastating blow, Galaxy Destroyer and her weapon working in tandem to send shivers down their foe just from the impact alone.

NIGHT left her blade embedded in its new crack as it rumbled upon her fingertips. A bubbling, wispy smoke emanated from its point of contact, crackling with noxious energy. Through the crevices between the creature's crystalline form it began to race upwards, cloud weaving through more gaps through its imperfect form, lending temporary darkness growing beneath Zero's absolute shimmer.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 150585 | BD: 15 (10, +3 +2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Absolute Zero.
22 + 2 = 24 DMG | 24 * 13 = 312 DMG | 312 - 75 = 237 DMG
> Absolute Zero is burning! (-24 HP)
> Absolute Zero is overcome with a sickness... (-24 HP)

Absolute Zero | HP: 415/850 (-237-24-24) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 | CD12: GRAND SLAM | MD9: +50DMG | MD10: +100DMG | BURNING (24) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (24) [1/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 87/96 (-9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 6 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 3 | Antidote: 2
[0] Zajcica | HP: 880/880 | EN: 70/70 | DMG: 8 | EVA: -3 | MIT: 134 | THORNS: 38 | RECOVERY: 2
[1] Crozeph | HP: 630/630 | EN: 39/64 | DMG: 12 | EVA: -1 | BLEED: 24 | SAVVY: 1 | REGEN: 10 | BH: 12

Grand Slam: AoE attack + Freeze proc.

The blighted sword crashed into the tower of ice that made up this monster. It reminded her of the Avalanche, but it was supposed to be a reborn version of the field boss so it wasn't surprising. The paladin moved to a side area, away from her two damage friends, calling out to the monster with her loudest voice.

"Oi! Oi! I'm you're target you stupid hunk of ice! Focus on me!" The Absolute Zero looked her way, even after being pelted by the katana and the blighted sword. Getting up to it's giant feet, it clasping its hands together. Both falling directly on the paladin's shield and sending her onto her back. "Kaa-!!" She cried while underneath the giant ice arm. Her golden lance took it's usual pink hue, stabbing into the frozen water's scaly body with ease and afflicting it further with status effects. "Oi! Guys! You can kill it on the next attack! Help me out here!"

Absolute Zero | HP: 390/850 (-1-24) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 | CD12: GRAND SLAM | MD9: +50DMG | MD10: +100DMG | BURNING (24) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (24) [1/2] | BLEEDING: [1/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 87/96 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 6 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 3 | Antidote: 2
[4] Zajcica | HP: 746/880 | EN: 66/70 (-4) | DMG: 8 | EVA: -3 | MIT: 134 | THORNS: 38 | RECOVERY: 2
[1] Crozeph | HP: 630/630 | EN: 39/64 | DMG: 12 | EVA: -1 | BLEED: 24 | SAVVY: 1 | REGEN: 10 | BH: 12

Edited by Zajcica

Crozeph gripped his katana with his left hand as he landed. The second player moved in just in time, it was obvious to Crozeph that Night was capable of dealing great damage. He shivered as the cold wind mixed with the cold water sprayed on them earlier. His dominant hand was shaking and he had to do something about it. Clenching his right fist, Crozeph punch his left wrist to feel pain, it would be a good sign that frostbite is not yet happening or rather the thought of having it. He kept his eyes on the woman's attack "what is she planning?" he thought. Crozeph slowly ran toward the monster, waiting for an opportunity, as he moved, he saw Night inflict some kind of blight to the monster, add to that some kind of flame racing inside. Absolute Zero might be resilient to Crozeph's katana but to this woman's blade, it piqued his interest and it made him smile as if he saw a merciless person do her thing.

Absolute Zero felt every attack they gave it but it was still capable of fighting back. As soon as its huge arms landed on Yuki, Crozeph dashed towards the arm and climbed up. Crozeph heard her cry as the weight bearing down on her "you've got some nerve using both arms on a girl" he glared at Absolute Zero, his azure eyes almost matching the color of the one they're trying to kill. Crozeph's katana began to glimmer and with the momentum he's been building up as he ran, Crozeph unleashed his attack. He spun around and slashed at one of its arms, cutting as deep as he can by using his momentum. The attack continued until he reached the face of the monster. Crozeph lowered his blade and placed all of his strength on his upward slash. The blade sunk into Absolute Zero's chin, if it can even be called as one. Changing his grip, Crozeph pushed the katana upwards leaving a long cut on its face. Ice began to crack near its eyes and fragments of data and scattered in the air looking like what it was made of, ice.

He jumped down and kept his balance, he didn't deal much damage but it was enough to give an opening for a finishing blow for Night. Crozeph took a deep breath and tried to control his shiver, if he won't do it, his next attack will sure miss. His breath froze in the air like steam, just a few more attacks and the thing will be dead.

• ID: 150909 I BD: 4 + 2 [AZ's EVA] = 6 success
  • Crozeph dealt 12 base + 3 buff x 15 San Ge = 225 - 75 = 150 damage to Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero | HP: 240/850 (-1-24) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 | CD12: GRAND SLAM | MD9: +50DMG | MD10: +100DMG | BURNING (24) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (24) [1/2] | BLEEDING: [1/2]

[2] @NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 87/96 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 6 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 3 | Antidote: 2
[4] @Zajcica| HP: 746/880 | EN: 66/70 (-4) | DMG: 8 | EVA: -3 | MIT: 134 | THORNS: 38 | RECOVERY: 2
[2] Crozeph | HP: 630/630 | EN: 24/64 | DMG: 12 | EVA: -1 | BLEED: 24 | SAVVY: 1 | REGEN: 10 | BH: 12

Edited by Crozeph

One, slow breath. It flowed out of her in deflation, the player watching the fumes pass into and swirl around the crystal colossus' form. Up its shoulders, into its abdomen -- and NIGHT lost the darkness there, her sights torn away by the ripping of light into the creature's face by Crow. With a thunderous shred he broke the boss' front, sending sparkles into the air and embedding a fissure into Absolute Zero's skull.

A loud, hearty crack. It'd sent shivers down NIGHT's spine.

The woman figured she'd better hurry up and end it then, spying the golem's health bar diminish at its side. Another Galaxy Destroyer was all she needed to push its gauge into the red. A reach of her hand to the skies, Jack's Executioner returning to her hold, and a crushing blow to the wound she'd forced upon the guardian -- a severance of its wrist -- and its health bar pulsed for attention. Withdrawing her blade, NIGHT knew that there was no saving this boss. It'd already lost on her account when its fate crossed their party's path.

Taking the moment to spare, she looked out towards the field ahead of her. Yuki was doing swell, keeping attention on herself, and with Crow resolving his attack, all that was necessarily left was for the blight to finish it off.

-- An explosion. The impact sent NIGHT off Absolute Zero's arm and onto the ice behind her. Where the smog had coursed through the golem's gaps, verglas shards soared through the air, some dipping into the icy black lake beneath it. A haze of black and grey burst through the monstrosity's surface, tearing off its forearm, then its shoulder, before finally consuming its face. Whiffs of burnt ash and brimstone flooded the arena, a signature of the demon that resided within her haunted blade. What might've been the last sight for the two players up front was their opponent howling and shrieking in pain, collapsing back into the depths from where it came from, form shattering and dividing further and further in half, the boss buckling to be swallowed by the chilling waters it stood in.

Game over. No rematches, now.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 150911 | BD: 12 (7, +3 +2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Absolute Zero.
22 * 13 = 286 DMG | 286 - 75 = 211 DMG

Absolute Zero | HP: 29/850 (-211) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 75 
| FREEZE: 2 | CD12: GRAND SLAM | MD9: +50DMG | MD10: +100DMG | BURNING (24) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (24) [1/2] | BLEEDING: [1/2]

[3] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 79/96 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 6 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 3 | Antidote: 2
[4] Zajcica | HP: 746/880 | EN: 66/70 | DMG: 8 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 134 | THORNS: 38 | RECOVERY: 2
[2] Crozeph | HP: 630/630 | EN: 24/64 | DMG: 12 | EVA: -1 | BLEED: 24 | SAVVY: 1 | REGEN: 10 | BH: 10

The tower of ice and freeze cold was falling. Night's last attack had put it down to a low enough point that it's status affects would kill it, but it wasn't dead just yet. The paladin continued to struggle with the Absolute Zero's massive force bearing on her. She resisted, her herculean digital strength somehow able to combat with something so massive. All she had to do was survive until the next damage over time effect came.

The Absolute Zero wasn't finished with her just yet. It raised it's thorny arm leaving the girl still unable to get up an move, since she wouldn't have time to try and dodge, she turtled behind her shield. The monster brought down it's arms on the tiny girl once more. Cracking ice shattered around the paladin as she was sent through the ice and into the water below. The moment the Zero made contact with her, it exploded into nothing but blue coding in the shape of polygons.

Underneath the water, random fish type mobs swam, ignoring the massive hulk of armor that just sank into the water like a bobber to a fishing pole. The all seemed somewhat majestic compared to mobs on the surface level, but no time to think about that. The water was freezing down to the paladin's core. The heavy armor that weighed her down made it difficult to swim, still she found the will to make it back up to the surface after an entire minute. The girl came gasping up for air, trying to get help from one of her friends.

Finally back on land, water poured off her braided lock and dripped from her weapons and armor. "Mou... Its freezing..."

image.thumb.png.2041a4c49fbe3a8e7bb538d95d9dde54.png

Absolute Zero | HP: 0/850 (-72+36) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 200 | EVA: -2 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 | CD12: GRAND SLAM | MD9: +50DMG | MD10: +100DMG | BURNING (24) [1/2] | BLIGHTED (24) [1/2] | BLEEDING: [1/2]

[3] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 79/96 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 22 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 6 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARAV-D: 1 | LD: 3 | Antidote: 2
[4] Zajcica | HP: 680/880 | EN: 66/70 | DMG: 8 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 134 | THORNS: 38 | RECOVERY: 2
[2] Crozeph | HP: 630/630 | EN: 24/64 | DMG: 12 | EVA: -1 | BLEED: 24 | SAVVY: 1 | REGEN: 10 | BH: 10

Edited by Zajcica

Running, he was running. Crozeph wasn't expecting it to give a last stand before dying. He saw Yuki also disappear as the ice where she's standing shattered "she's wearing heavy armor" he thought as he placed his katana back in its sheathe while he ran. If the game follows the law of physics on things like this, there's a chance that Yuki might have a hard time trying to float, that's a bad thing. Crozeph reached the place where Yuki disappeared, he already forgot that Night's with them. Without hesitation, he quickly took off his cloak throwing it aside and jumped into the water. He was lighter so he has no problems floating. 

As soon as he was underneath, Yuki was nowhere to be seen. Crozeph swam deeper, it was already freezing but he's worry made him ignore it. He looked around as he held his breath, he was thinking that Yuki sank but what if she can swim? Crozeph raised his head and saw a figure above him swimming up and making her way out of the water. Crozeph swam upwards and soon enough he was out of water again. Crozeph quickly picked up his cloak that he took off earlier and placed it over Yuki "here this should keep you warm even for a little" he said as he knelt beside her. Crozeph's brushed up hair was already down and almost covering his eyes, he didn't realize how long it was back then. He took out some kind of hair tie, squeezed the hair on the back of his head, and tied it up. 

"We should get out of here and get you dried up" he told her. His yukata was also dripping of cold water, his head hurts and some parts of his body were stiffening because of the water. Just like always, even with the survival skill, the psychological effect of the floor would still affect him but for now he'll try to endure it until Yuki gets to someplace warm.

@NIGHT @Zajcica

In the aftermath, she saw nothing.

Where her party members once were, only a carving of the glacier was left. The ice underneath them had cracked and sunk into the murky depths, buried underneath the collateral particles and fragments of Absolute Zero's dying form. NIGHT's eyes immediately darted to the side of her interface; there, her companion's statuses came to light. Yuki might be damaged, and Crow might also be missing, but both of them were still... present. So... where were they?

The woman scrambled to her feet, feeling her legs giving way to tangle themselves upon the lake's slippery surface. A loud tsk of annoyance escaped her. She swore it be better to remove her trainers entirely, before deciding to dig her blade into the ice instead for support, trudging slowly over to where she'd last seen her friends.

It was with Crow's breach through the water's surface that prompted NIGHT to let out a yelp of surprise, the player almost losing her footing once again when she'd staggered backwards in shock. In a tremendous feat of chivalry he'd hauled both himself and their paladin onto the cool platform. NIGHT scrambled for her menus, summoning and dropping two winter coats on the ground -- both of them meant for herself in case Survival's effects weren't enough for her to brave the cold. Not that Yuki needed it though, after being robed in Crow's own cloak. But NIGHT waved her hand over to the pile of cloth to the man nonetheless, her brows knitted in a furrow.

"To be honest," she clarified, glancing over to Yuki before resting her gaze on Crow. "Both of you should be changing out of those clothes. Doesn't frost bite sink in after a short while when you're cold?" NIGHT wasn't familiar with the frigid first-hand, but tidbits of useless information she'd picked up from infographs on the net had been stowed away in the back of her mind. Thank goodness for lounging around and wasting her days online. Between the survivors of Aincrad, it was much easier to be safer than sorry now that their main threat was gone, so NIGHT insisted, pushing the stack of coats further towards the duo with a stern look.

@Zajcica

Yuki quickly took off her armor, a dangerous thing to do when she was nearly at half her total hit points, but they were done with combat so it would be safe enough now. Once she was in her dry kimono, she took the extra layer from Crow and the extra-extra layer from Night to warm herself up as quickly as possible.

"Y-You dummy! You're all wet now too! I w-would have been fine s-swimming back on my own... Think a little more before you jump into a frozen lake!" Actually unsure if she was actually going to do so while being so heavily damaged, she tried not to think about what would have happened if she couldn't have made it back. "L-Let's get out of here."

Even if she had changed her clothing, her skin and hair were still wet from the dip. They needed to get somewhere warm before some in-game status effect like frostbite actually did kick in.

@NIGHT @Crozeph

Crozeph was taken aback when Yuki got upset, he was half-expecting it considering how he just tossed his cloak and jumped into the lake without even considering how cold it would be. "I-I'm sorry I just got worried..." he uttered softly as if he didn't want the two to hear it. He was reached out to her with a shaking hand to apologize and say it again but he decided to hide his band inside the coat "yeah there should be cabin or taverns nearby" he said as he tried to breathe on his palms. he tried to turn his head and look at Night but he could only do so in a few seconds, the woman's stern look was intimidating to him. The battle is over and it seems that Night did most of the job "she's scary if I stare at her eyes for more than three seconds" he thought before following behind Yuki.

Crozeph could feel his hand shaking at the cold, the coat only protected him from the wind but his yukata was something he couldn't take off. It was a little dry after walking for a few minutes but it wasn't helping, it felt like his yukata is sticking to his skin. "This sucks" he thought "think a little more before I jump in? I did enough thinking to know that if I spent a few more seconds doing it then she might've been in a more dangerous situation" his thoughts were preoccupied with how to counter what she said but then it returns to the conclusion "yeah it was a really careless move." His fringes touched his face like needles and he was thinking what made him to it in the first place "maybe I got really worried, I did say I was gonna heal her if something happens" his lips were pursed as his thoughts are everywhere and every time his body feels the wind blow under the coat his breath would go heavy "I'm sorry" he muttered, hiding half his face on the coat Night gave them.

@NIGHT @Zajcica

"Yeah, there should be cabin or taverns nearby."

"Better yet, we should get off this floor so you two can cool down better." Crow looked like he needed the escape as soon as possible. While Yuki might've been drenched much more thoroughly in the icy water, she still had the padding that came with heavy armor to dispel some of the cold. On the other hand, the man had his skin in contact with the freezing cold. That certainly couldn't be comfortable. NIGHT watched him gather the warmth in his hands before turning around, beckoning her companions to follow along.

"C'mon, let's go."

The trek back to the gritty earth was dangerous for the slipping warrior. Twice she'd felt her legs give way and her heart jumped at them -- she swore never to fight or stand on ice ever again. Maybe invest in some snowshoes or something, ones that had mega-powerful enhancements. Suffice to say, it was with great relief that she'd managed to pull her great sword out from its supportive role and back into her inventory. It was then she could properly lead her allies to Snowfrost without hesitation.

She hadn't said a word on their way back, imagining her peers requiring to reserve their energy on keeping themselves warm. But when Crow piped up with an apology, like a puppy who'd been caught digging up flowers in a garden, he failed to meet either woman's gazes, casting his to the side instead.

NIGHT cocked her head to the side. "Don't be. You were close by, and did what you felt you had to." Her eyes fell on Yuki for a beat, entertaining the thought of having to have leapt into the water after her friend. It would've been easier to just fish out a teleport crystal and not have to shamble through the cold, but there were three of them present today. At least if they had to take the walk, none of them would be doing it alone.

With that, she resumed watching the horizon, eyeing the settlement that drew closer with every step. "Warm shower," she advised in recall, "Ease your way into a better temperature. Don't shock yourself with hot water all at once."

As long as her companions understood, they would make it out of the frost just fine.

Thread Closing

[Total]
+ 6SP
+ 2,633col
+ [T2E2] Zero Degree Icicle | Freeze I, Accuracy I

Spoiler

[Quest Reward]
+ 4SP
+ 2,500col
+ [T2E2] Zero Degree Icicle | Freeze I, Accuracy I

[Thread Progression]
+ 1SP