[PP-F1] <<SLAF>> Training Regime II - Conquering A Certain Fear

"I'm back! Mr. Lyle, what is the task you're going to make me do?" she asked the blacksmith. Lyle gave her one day to prepare and it was enough for her to be. "The task is a simple one young lady, get me some boar tusks. You can get them by killing Boar Pups, it's loot you can get from those animals" he told her. It struck Shirogane like lightning, she was going to fight some boar to get the materials. She could feel her sweat go cold at the thought of fighting. She wasn't that scared but it always felt like she was going to die if she fights something. Lyle noticed her grow pale and lowered his hammer "don't worry, you've got that problem child with you, I'm sure he won't let you get hurt or reach a certain point of damage in your HP" he said.

Shirogane nodded "I sure hope so" she replied to him. Shirogane waited just outside the blacksmiths's shop, Crozeph's instructions were clear to her "wait for me outside Lyle's workshop, I'll get you some equipment from my shop" his words echoed inside hers. She held her spear firmly, trying to hide her fear. It would be a great opportunity for her to overcome this and for now she's placing her thrust to Crozeph on how to train her an overcome her fear.

Stats

• Level: 4 I HP: 80 I EN: 8 I DMG: 6 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 8

Skills

• 2-Handed Assault Spear R1 I Heavy Armor R1

Equips

• Ko-Naginata [+2 damage] I Vanity heavy armor 

Items

• x5 T1 rare health potion [+40 Hp] I x1 uncommon damage potion I x1 special Over-health potion [+50 HP]
Edited by Shirogane
forgot to add skills

Crozeph moved seamlessly in the crowd on Floor 1, he had prepared the equipment for Shirogane and it was going to help her now that she's going to fight. Crozeph knew that it would be the boar pups this time so Shirogane might be needing some support from him. Crozeph checked his inventory as he walked "an armor and a trinket" he muttered. These two items were a match for her Tier so it would be good if he gave it to her "as soon as I get better loot I'll just give it to her" he said as he quickly made his way to the blacksmith's workshop.

Soon enough he saw Shirogane standing, her face has fear written all over it. Crozeph shook his head "this will be a hard thing for her, Lyle must've told her what she has to do" he thought. He stood in front of her and pat her head "still worried about what you're gonna fight?" he asked her. Crozeph opened his inventory and showed two items to Shirogane "these are for you so let's go out of the settlement and get you geared up before we fight something" he told her with assurance. Crozeph nodded as Lyle before leaving the place, this might be a long day, or maybe not.

Spoiler

Stats

• Level: 29 I HP: 580 I EN: 58 I DMG: 12 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 1 I +2 Regen I +1 Savvy I +1 Bleed

Skills

• Curved Sword R1 I Katana R5 I Light Armor R2 I Battle Healing R2 I First Aid R2 I Survival [extra] I Meditation [extra]

Items

• Belladonna hair comb +1 ACC +1 LD
  • O-yoroi +1 Heavy Momentum +1 MIT
  • Kuro yukata +3 LD

Shirogane's eyes widened as she saw the items that Crozeph showed her. An armor and an accessory for her "h-how much does it cost?" she asked him. She nodded as Crozeph told her that they should go out of the settlement and gear up. Shirogana's fears were somehow lessened and add to that, Crozeph got her some equipment to use. It was really thoughtful of him to get her some and she was also thankful for what he did. "I knew I made the right choice of going with him. Alca and Gerard, I'll be fine in Crozeph's care" she thought as they continued to make their way out of the settlement.

Shirogane and Crozeph made it out by roughly ten minutes, She saw the open field and the tall patches of grass. The boar that Lyle told her was dropping items that he needs and Shirogane only needs to kill and get three of the tusks "I'm gonna be honest with you..." Shirogane looked at Crozeph in the eyes "I'm scared, I can't shake the feeling of danger and what it does once I reached zero health points" she added. "Please tell me you're going to keep me safe as I try to gather these tusks Lyle asked me to" Shirogane knew that Crozeph wouldn't be involving himself with fighting so she wanted assurance that he's got her back.

• 3 weeks later...

Crozeph nodded his head as he handed the equipment to Shirogane "these are free, consider it my gift for you after you decided to join my group" he told her. It might not amount to much but Crozeph wanted her to at least have an edge on mobs of her level. "The boar pups aren't much of trouble but if you do get into one, I'll just cast some first-aid so don't worry about that." He opened his map and tried to see if he can pick a spot for them to hunt some. "Now you can deal with them as fast as you can or you can just chip them away with your normal attacks if you ask me to try dealing some AoE damage since your spear is quite capable on dealing a hefty amount of..." as he tries to explain some strategies on her he heard her confess her fear.

It was obvious that Shirogane wasn't much of a fighter like him or dumber as him when it comes to encountering mobs. "I'll keep you safe don't worry, I also don't want someone dying on my watch so you can cast your worries aside. For now, let's look for a place where we can take on some" he said "also put those on now, the mobs won't be waiting for you putting it on" he added. Now she can actually gain enough experience aside from just watching "this should be easy for now" he thought.

Crozeph handed two items to Shirogane

• O-yoroi [+1 Heavy momentum +1 MIT]
  • Belladone hair comb [+1 ACC +1 LD

Shirogane almost teared up as Crozeph told her about the items being free "thank you very much!" she told him. She was still worried even when Crozeph already gave her the assurance that he'll be supporting her as they try to deal with the boar pups "I can at least try to gather while you try to hit them, I mean you hit them hard while I deal the last hit?" she suggested at him. She tried to calculate the damage she can deal in a fight "at most I can deal a total of 6 damage to the boar pups, I still don't know how much HP they have so I'll be relying on my skills on AoE." Crozeph was right, with the long reach of her weapon, she might just try to deal damage before a boar pup can even deal damage to her.

She took the equipment that Crozph gave to her and equipped it. The armor felt heavy but her movements are still good, the hair comb she placed on her hair as she tied it up. This was the most of her equipment change so far and she didn't know if it was effective enough to defend against the boar pups "I sure hope this works" she thought as she followed him.

New stats

•   HP: 80/80 I EN: 8/8 I DMG: 6 I MIT: 17 I EVA: 0 I ACC: 1 I LD +1 I Heavy Momentum +1
Edited by Shirogane

As soon as he saw Shirogane equip the items he gave he began to scan the area for the boar pups. It would be an easy task to find them, most of the boars are grazing in the field and so by that logic their pups would be going with them too. Crozeph looked around him and found two together and one from the other side not far off of them. He took a deep breath and sprinted. His speed was enough to catch them off guard. He stretched out his hand and slapped the back of three boar pups. This angered them obviously and they began following Crozeph who was running back to Shirogane at a decent pace so as not to lose the aggro.

"Now I won't dodge, they can deal a lot of damage to me so take your time on dealing with them," he told her. The three boar pups looked at Crozeph with bloodshot eyes as they began to circle at him "they look like they're on drugs" he thought as he stood still using his katana as a guard "you're gonna be bacon once Shirogane begins to attack" he thought as he continued to pull the aggro.

• Boar Pup A I HP: 5/5 I DMG: 3 I MIT: 0 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0
  • Boar Pup B I HP: 5/5 I DMG: 3 I MIT: 0 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0
  • Boar Pup C I HP: 5/5 I DMG: 3 I MIT: 0 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Crozeph

• HP: 580/580 I EN: 58/58 I DMG: 12 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 1 I +2 Regen I +1 Savvy I +1 Bleed

1078972632_ShiroBD1.png.ea5ff204740eb1b697185c239b14d672.png

Spoiler

• Shirogane dealt 6 base x 1 Sonic Charge = 6 damage to Boar Pup A
  • Shirogane dealt 6 + 1 crit x 1 Sonic Charge = 7 damage to Boar Pup B
  • Shirogane dealt 6 base x 1 Sonic Charge = 6 damage to Boar Pup C

Loot

• ID: 153152 I LD: 13 + 1 = 14 boar tusk acquired [1/3]
  • ID: 153153 I LD: 11 + 1 = 12 boar tusk acquired [2/3]
  • ID: 153154 I LD: 4 + 1 = 5 no boar tusk

Shirogane

• HP: 80/80 I EN: 2/8 I DMG: 6 I MIT: 17 I EVA: 0 I ACC: 1 I LD +1 I Heavy Momentum +1

Crozeph

• HP: 580/580 I EN: 58/58 I DMG: 12 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 1 I +2 Regen I +1 Savvy I +1 Bleed

She was overtaken with fear when she saw Crozeph gather three boar pups to attack him. While the raven-haired player assured her that she can take her time in dealing damage with them, Shirogane was still afraid of getting hit. A paranoia of dying and no respawns was getting into her right now but deep inside she didn't want to burden Crozeph "I can do this! Crozeph is going out of his way to protect me and help me get better so I shouldn't let him down."

She made a quick thrust with her spear which killed the three boars in one hit. Shirogane's knees weakened as she felt the impact of her attack on the boars and somehow she was able to deal with them quickly "I've conquered it now I must continue" she thought as she raised her spear again but trembling at the sight of a boar pup.

Edited by Shirogane
  • 4 weeks later...

Crozeph gave a nod of approval at her first kills, he was like a proud brother seeing her little sister finally kill a cockroach. "Looks like we're all set for an adventure if you keep that up," he told her as he began to slap another ass of a boar pup. Sure she was trembling a bit but soon enough she'll learn to conquer it, he was impressed by how she raised her spear again. "Looks like you don't want to rest, very well then..." Crozeph slapped the boar pup on the side making it get angry at him.

"If this one drops a boar tusk then we're done here and I can take you somewhere you might enjoy" he blocked the boar pup with his hand but the mob managed to deal one damage to him "now what are you gonna do timid, little girl," he thought. It wasn't that hard for Crozeph to gather aggro on these kinds of mobs and it would help for him to at least get their attention and have Shirogane kill it in one hit.

Boar Pup I HP: 5/5 I DMG: 3 I MIT: 0 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Shirogane: HP: 80/80 I EN: 2/8 I DMG: 6 I MIT: 17 I EVA: 0 I ACC: 1 I LD +1 I Heavy Momentum +1
Crozeph: 
HP: 579/580 I EN: 58/58 I DMG: 12 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 1 I +2 Regen I +1 Savvy I +1 Bleed

Edited by Crozeph

ID: 158449
BD: 10 critical

Boar Pup I HP: 5/5 (-8) I DMG: 3 I MIT: 0 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0
ID: 158450 LD: 13(+1) boar tusk acquired [3/3]

Shirogane: HP: 80/80 I EN: 2/8 I DMG: 6 I MIT: 17 I EVA: 0 I ACC: 1 I LD +1 I Heavy Momentum +1
Crozeph: 
HP: 579/580 I EN: 58/58 I DMG: 12 I MIT: 44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 1 I +2 Regen I +1 Savvy I +1 Bleed

She held her breath and dashed forward thrusting her spear once more to another boar pup. Maybe it was her newfound courage that enabled her to land a strong attack on the boar pup and it felt like her fears that are acting as chains are falling one by one. She let out her breath and slumped on the grass while the boar tusk was dropped. If it wasn't for Crozeph she'd be running around like she's being chased by a puppy and being scared by it.

"D-did we get all the materials Lyle needs?" she asked him. The fragments of the data that came from the shattered boar was rose up and Shirogane watched as she lied flat on the grass "thank you for this Crozeph" she told him while giving a weak smile. She never thought that killing mobs personally was completely different from killing them when someone is sitting in front of a computer or maybe it was just her fear giving her fake signals of getting hurt when Crozeph is literally getting their attention.

Edited by Shirogane

Quite a potential...

Crozeph saw how her attack acted as if it was Cu Chulainn was the one who launched the spear. Maybe it would be better to give her better equipment when he gets the chance to identify some. For now they have the three tusks that Lyle asked her but the reward was already a buster. Crozeph already thought of what to give her and with their plans to go acting like Sherlock and Watson, a good combination of their damage and scouting skills is enough to fuel some adventure for the two.

"Yeah we've got it all, now let's take it back to swol Lyle" he uttered. The equipment Shirogane had was enough to keep her safe, he might take the yukata back though because it something that he would use on some quests that require searching or maybe just give it to Shirogane and have another one. "Come on, if you continue to lie down there the boar pups will trample you."

"Hiii!" Shirogane quickly stood up and ran towards Crozeph while looking around her for boar pups that might attack. They indeed finished the quests a bit earlier than expected and she liked it. While she might have the courage to attack enemies now, she was still scared if they tried to ambush her. They both walked back to the settlement and while doing so, Shirogane looked at Crozeph. The boy's quiet nature had always been getting her curious about him.

Unlike most men who see her, Shirogane was always surprised that Crozeph is not that well accepting of the opposite sex. Most of the time that meet it would be Crozeph pulling her ear and scolding her for putting him in weird situations "this might be a good time to know him more, maybe I should call him senpai too" she thought as they walked into the cozy shop. "Maybe he's not into women? or he hates us? agh! why am I getting worked upon it? I just don't want to annoy him or give him reasons to be annoyed or whatever!"  the shop seems to sell food that is ready to order and Shirogane asked for him to buy some for them.

Edited by Shirogane

"Well aren't you a fine duo?" Lyle commented as they both returned to his shop "bruh it's just boar pups, of course, we'll look phenomenal doing it" he told Lyle. The man gave a chuckle at the boy's words "but a lot of players are frustrated with the drops of a boar pup, some even quit this quest or quit on leveling at all." What Lyle said wasn't a lie, maybe they got lucky this time. Shirogane's drop rate when it comes to loot was good enough for them both to go on some kind of place where items and materials are abundant.

"Here are the boar pup tusk you asked from her, she worked hard for it..." Crozeph looked at his hand "...almost skewered my hand with her spear" he added. Should Shirogane obtain better gear, she would be competent enough for other quests while he's doing the support "it might be a good chance to test my support build" he thought. 

Shirogane handed the items to Lyle to which the man replied with a smile and began crafting "you can go somewhere else and eat something, I'll craft missy her reward for the hard work" he told them. Shirogane was confused "Do I need another item for my equips?" she asked Crozeph, now they can go eat lunch somewhere and talk about random things again. The last time they met where it's not quest related was when she asked Crozeph to spy on or check if Carmilla and James are doing fine. Speaking of the two, Shirogane felt a slight worry for them. 

One of the reasons she decided to begin was to join Crozeph in his plan to save them from the toxic group that they fell in. Shirogane stepped outside Lyle's workshop and saw a simple stall where they are selling roasted seafood "let's eat some of that, I want to talk to you about a few random things" she told him as she walked towards the stall.

Crozeph was more than excited at the sight of seafoods. He was already searching for something that is different from the meat he got from boars and other animals. He and Shirogane approached the store to where Crozeph bought sticks of roasted squid so quickly and bought two more for Shirogane. As they both sat down he already downed 4 of the twelve squids, was he hungry? when is he not? the guy is probably just excited that he gets to eat different food. He has the money to do so and despite the squid's lack of flavoring or marinate, Crozeph still liked it.

twelves squids done in a few minutes and he stood up and bought eight more. Things happened so fast that Shirogane wasn't even eating of a squid. Crozeph sat down and ate, every squid was just two to three bites to him, a madman and so will be if he ever goes to the bathroom "so what do you want to talk about?" he asked Shirogane.

"I should ask him about how to set up shop, it would be nice if I can put up one near his," she thought. While her thoughts are about their next move, she thanked him after he placed a plate with two roasted squid. A nostalgia for her father taking them to their grandma who lives in the seaside and cooks fresh seafood for them it made her smile and that was short-lived when she noticed Crozeph eating a lot "hey! don't eat too much you might get stomachache!" she said.

His question was direct and Shirogane thought she should answer in a direct way too "I just wanted to thank you for the help, I know I have a long way to go but I'm making significant progress because of your help" she told him. "I know that we're planning to be some kind of duo at times but what are you planning aside from joining the frontlines?" her question was about what she could do to help him. Despite Crozeph making little mentions of it, she knew that Crozeph was a frontliner back then, well she figured it out.

He was already full when Shirogane tried to stop him. The squids aren't that delicious, Yuki can still do better if they ask him. "First we set up your shop just like what we agreed, then we both go to expeditions searching for stuff like dungeons, items, or materials." He crossed his arms and raised a finger "if we're getting a good pace we'll be needing your debuff crystals as a performer and then we can go post ong the bulletin should we need a bigger party" the goal was to get him and Shirogane on a good level area where they can practically grind stuff and at the same time be ready once they are to save James and Carmilla.

"We're still far from our target builds but I think we're are indeed making good progress," he told her. Should things get awry, Crozeph can switch between support or dps and Shirogane already has a good build for her to keep up when the time comes that mobs are too much for her.

She was baffled by how Crozeph finished a bunch of the seafood so fast while she struggles to finish hers but his plan was a good one for her, thinking that her performer crafts will be used for some dungeon hunting or materials gathering was enough to pump up her motivation to level up or at least learn how to fight "you know I was quite good at MMORPGs" she told him as she nibbles on her food "I thought I could do so well in here too but realizing that there is no respawn option scares me, I'm even amazed people like you can live by sleeping outside or wandering" she added. She was considered a failure in her own eyes. Her knowledge of RPGs games was overpowered with fear.

"That's why I'm sticking with your plan, if we're not in the frontlines we might as well keep the community economy running, well not that we'll be doing a lot to contribute" she uttered. Lyle's reward might be something useful but Shirogane was more inclined to think of what kind of armor can Crozeph identify for both of them or whatever their party will be "I hope it's good for protection" she thought.

"You're not the only one who was afraid when they got trapped in here, even if most of us are good in RPG games." It wasn't as comforting as it sounds but Crozeph was right, he was an RPG game enthusiast also but even he had to keep himself alert at all times. "Someone helped me get the hang of battles in here, unfortunately, we don't have the beginner's quest so we pretty much stepped out of here and began slaying mobs," he told her. He was more of a mysterious or rather anti-social person way back but was he even a better person now?

"I'm sure you'll find a way to fit in here without the whole mob slayer thingy" he leaned back on his chair and sighed "I'm not even good at slaying mobs, I just know how to survive," he told her. Which is why Crozeph is aiming to be more of a scout and support type of player, leave the battlefield crushing to those who are built to obliterate mobs. Not that he wouldn't be fit to be a frontline but rather he was going to be squishy to floor bosses with the way he is right now.

It was obvious to her that Crozeph had knowledge of MMORPGs, seeing him fight the Sand Shark back then was enough for her to know that. The case of Carmilla and James was proof of it also was evident that Crozeph tried to find a way to figure out why their party leader is so obsessed with keeping Carmilla around. Now he's planning to be some kind of scout or dungeon hunter and at the same time to help her get the hang of battle just like how someone did it for him. "Must be nice to have someone to help, I wanted to be that person but with the way I am now it won't be that effective" she said.

After that Lyle stepped out of his shop and called for the two of them ready to hand Shirogane the reward she deserves for working hard today "I'll take the reward and keep it as a remembrance of this day" she thought as she looked at the armor that Lyle made for him. "Thank you very much for this!" she uttered as she held it with both hands. Good progress once again but they still got a long way to go.

Crozeph followed behind her as Lyle called them. An armor was what he crafted for Shirogane which the girl received with happiness. Somehow her laugh reminded Crozeph of the pink-haired tank who was making progress so fast but if they are to be compared, Yuki was more cheerful than her. He crossed his arms and nodded his head in approval. It seems that Shirogane will be having a new armor for herself. Crozeph can't even remember Lyle giving him any when he did the quest "how come you gave her something and I didn't?" he asked jokingly. "You can get your items easily problem child, now go on and try to level up. Little missy here is pumped up with excitement now that she can venture out safely thanks to you."

He shook his head at what Lyle said, it's not like he did anything for her, the girl herself just needed some push since she was already knowledgeable of how games like this work. He simply pushed her to be more courageous in fights and now another quest is finish with another one to do to train Shirogane.

Thread Summary

Shirogane
2 SP [quest] + 1 SP [completed page] + 1 SP [lockdown bonus] = 4 SP
400 col to Shirogane

Quest Rewards
Safeguard potion + T1 uncommon armor [MIT I]

Crozeph
1 SP [Completed page] + 1 SP [lockdown bonus] = 2 SP