[PP|F4]<<Essence of Steel>>Making up for some mistakes

Yuki stepped on to floor four. A cold and harsh environment always bit her in snow ridden floor. A new quest she had yet to complete was on this floor and she had almost run the quests dry on this floor. Although, it would be hard to pull off without some help from a damager friend. Even with her new armor, she would have some trouble dealing enough damage to kill the golem before it killed her. Offsetting that balance with DPS would be the only way she could get the quest item that she desperately needed to make her weapon more viable. She opened her menu and scrolled down to Night as usual, crossing over a familiar name that she hadn't heard anything from in a long while: Mari.

Mari's probably still a little bitter after what happened in Nemean Lion and the Familiar Quest. It would be a gamble, but maybe she should give the girl a nudge and see if they can work out some of these problems. Instead of just messaging Night and doing it the easy way, she should message Mari. She opened her private messages with the red head and started typing something out.

Hey @Mari

I know we left on a bit of a bad foot, but if you aren't busy and aren't still mad at me, would you be willing to help me get an important quest item? I can't do it without the help of a damage player and all my other friends are currently busy. I'm on floor four outside the town's safe barrier. I promise that it's not dangerous, it's just that if I don't have someone help me kill it, it could take some time.

Yuki

Spoiler

General
Level: 36 | HP:  780/780 | Energy: 72/72 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 7 | HM: 1 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

Skills(6/6)
R2 OHAS
R5 Heavy Armor
R3 MIT Familiar
R1 Battle Healing
R1 Block
Fighting Spirit
Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(T2|Heavy Armor): Thorns II; HM I
Revenant(T2|Shield): Taunt I; Rec II
Trap of Argalia(T2|OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III
Braced Reproach(Shield): Taunt I; Para II

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)

Mari had been resting on her Porch -chewing a dried bamboo shoot - granted, it was a bit of a waste...but Mari ran out of food that didn't have buffing abilities - besides she was a little overdue to visit Cordelia's noodle shop anyway. Mari was just finishing it off when she received a message from Yuki; someone she wasn't expecting to hear from. Mari had assumed Yuki was ignoring her, or avoiding her - after Mari had chastised her during their last quest together.

Mari rolled her eyes, Yuki thought Mari was mad? No. Mari wasn't mad. She was frustrated, but not mad. Mari had heard from Life about how she had almost died against one enemy, if he hadn't jumped in and saved her at the last second she'd not be around anymore. Who knows what other stupid situations she had gotten herself into. Still, Mari wasn't going to refuse her - the Essence of Steel was a relatively easy quest.

Yuki,

I'm not mad.
I'll meet you at the edge of the forest.

-Mari.

Mari stood, stretching her back till it gave a few satisfying cracks and began to walk toward the edge of the forest, back toward the borders of the safe zone. As she walked Mari downed a damage potion - sure, she didn't need it anymore - but she'd rather take care of things quickly. Battles were not something she really felt like doing lately. Now that Mari was close to the level cap she had slowed down on her questing. Sure she could push harder - but truth be told, she was just so very tired lately.

At least Yuki was reaching out to her again; Mari would have to reiterate that she wasn't mad - just disappointed with how reckless the pinkette was being. Mari reached the edge of the forest, found a tree within clear view of Snowfrost and leaned against it, all she had to do now, was wait.

@Zajcica

USED:
1 x Titans Strength T1 Potions.    Damage +3
1X Super Sight and Speed Dried Bamboo Shoot: 2 ACC, 1 EVA

Spoiler

General
Level: 70 | HP: 1430  |Energy: 140

BATTLE COPY
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1430/1430  | EN: 140/140 | DMG: 19+3 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4+2  | BH: 67 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
-Weapon Mod: Ferocity (+1 DMG)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Bleeding Lance| Item Type: 2H Assault Spear Tier 3
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 1
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Getting up from her seat, Yuki started walking towards the quest area. Having been to this floor many times for several different quests, the layout of the floor had basically been embedded into her mind. Essence of Steel was just an easier version of Absolute Zero, kinda, so this wouldn't be difficult at all. Especially with Mari's help. Approaching the edge of the forest, through the white blanket of falling snow, Yuki could see her old friend. The orange beacon of hair and clothing was difficult to miss.

Perhaps she was fretting a little too much since she became worried with every step closer. The two of them left off on a tense foot and she wasn't entirely sure if she was ready to get scolded like the last time they had met. Nevertheless, her feet sooner or later carried her into earshot of Mari.

"O-Oi." The paladin choked out with a wave to her friend. She was afraid to really say much about the past right now, at least until she figured out where Mari's mood was today, and how she felt about her. "The enemy we're fighting can't do any more than 50 damage to me, barely. I could use potions and junk, but it would just be easier for me to bring a friend and share the reward right? Then I don't waste valuable consumables, and you get the reward in case you ever need it."

The paladin gave Mari a weak smile. As hard as she tried, she couldn't get their last meetings out of her mind.

@Mari

Edited by Zajcica

"Yuki!" Mari called out to the pinkette as she lifted her hand in a small wave. "There ya are. Sorry, I don't really wanna stray any closer to the town than here." Mari gestured to her crystal. "Still causes problems." She was at a point where she could confidently take on Redemption, with others - but Mari didn't want to. Not yet. She wanted to take Oikawa through first. That'd...be a fun thing to convince the Egyptian themed idiot to go for. Mari snorted to herself at the thought of trying to convince him.

Mari tilted her head, assessing Yuki with a questioning look. She seemed...down Yuki was normally chipper. Almost annoyingly so. Mari was  curious as to what was bothering Yuki - but Mari wasn't one to pry or question. She was the kind of person who would be there if she was needed, but not force it out of others. Because she sure as hell hated when people did that to her. "Well, sure." Mari said as she held out her hand to the side. "This should go pretty quickly, I already used a damage potion. Old habbits I suppose." In her hands a long, thick spear appeared - mahogany handle with a needle-like point.  Mari offered Yuki a wry grin. She hadn't seen the new weapon yet.

"So, if you're ready, let's head out, and as for the reward- that's yours. I don't need it."
@Zajcica

Working her eyes around the new weapon, Yuki thought at first that Mari may have brought her a gift since it was a pretty new looking spear. However, she then realized that Mari's dagger was missing. Had she respected to a new weapon? Well, good on her. She knew that Mari had trouble fighting since there was no area of effect damage in the dagger class. Mari looked like more of a sword girl though, not spear. Same thing could probably be said about the paladin.

The girl cleared her throat before continuing. It was good to see Mari in a decent mood, but combat was on the forefront of her mind. They could talk about anything bothering her or Mari after there was no threat. No matter how safe or dangerous, she wanted to show Mari that she had matured at least a little since their last meeting. "The plan is pretty simple since the boss doesn't have much of tactic other than 'punch the person I hate the most' which will be me. I dare him to try and break through my guard. You get behind him and do your thing, I'm sure you'll make quick work of this boss."

The paladin walked into the spawning point. The white, golden-trimmed spear willed itself into existence in Yuki's free hand along with her beautiful shield. Comparing the length of both of the lances in her mind, Yuki wagered that her's probably weighed more, but she was sure Mari could output more damage than her regardless. When the boss spawned, Yuki took her usual battle stance and readied her attack. No mitigation on this boss, so maybe she could actually get some damage done for once. "I'm taking point. Flank behind it and make it regret spawning in our presence."

With that, the girl rushed ahead of Mari and stopped in front of the boss. The pink hue of her lance hummed softly with power as she activated Maiming Blows. The lance she wields maybe be a new tier, but even still, she had to hit to actually get anything done. The spear pinged off it's hard ice armor uselessly. Oh well, she wasn't the primary damager of the group. When the Frost Beast collected some momentum to ready itself for battle, it raised both of it's bone-y ice hands. The paladin stopped the attack with her shield. Being pushed back only a meter or two from the force and knocked to her ass wrestling the force of the attack above her. "W-Weak! Y-You can hit harder than that!"

image.thumb.png.26a642f6b809b24df1e035c99a0e7ce4.png

[1]Yuki: 731/780 -(160-104+7) | 68/72 -(4)DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 7 | HM: 1(1) Thorns: 36
[0]Mari: 1430/1430  | 140/140 | DMG: 19+3 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4+2  | BH: 67 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Frost Beast: 250/250 | DMG: 160 | Partial Phase - 24 damage minimum

Edited by Zajcica
  • 2 weeks later...

Mari shrugged when Yuki told her the plan. "You're the boss. I'm just along for the ride." Yuki was right, Mari would make quick work of the boss; she managed to fight it in two strikes in their last fight - this time, it shouldn't be any different. 

Mari followed Yuki to the spawn point; it seemed that Yuki wanted to make quick work of the beast; that was fine with Mari. 
 She dragged the butt of her spear behind her, leaving a thin straight trail in the snow behind them. "Yanno, I've always been meaning to ask you..." Mari said, blue eyes darting to the young yet tall paladin. "How do you pronounce your username? Za jee ca? Za shee sha?  Jajaja?" 

Yuki had spawned the beast; an ugly ice golem with beady glowing eyes. It went straight for her;  but Yuki quickly and easily deflected it with her shield. Mari had to admit. She seemed to have a better hold on her equipment and stature - Although her banter, and confidence could still use some work.

Mari activated her skill <<Dimension Stampede>> she charged forward , putting the strength of momentum behind her attack; with four quick Jabs and an upward thrust - the beast slammed down into the ground. Mari ran up its arm and finished it off with a jumping slam from above - impaling the ice golem with her spear, straight down into its head. It exploded un-expectantly beneath her. Mari hadn't been paying attention to its health bar. 

"Uh...." Mari stared at her spear then back to Yuki. "Yay, I guess? So...."  Mari knelt down to pick up the item, she had no need for it; she still had one of her own. Mari chucked it to Yuki.

"That's what you wanted, right?"

@Zajcica

Action: Dimension Stampede > Frost Beast 
152540  BD:6+6-1=HIT

28 x 15 = 420

[x15] Dimension Stampede (17 Energy) - An attack with four fast stabs, only to be concluded by a jumping slam from above. 

[1]Yuki: 731/780 -(160-104+7) | 68/72 -(4) DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | BH: 7 | HM: 1(1) Thorns: 36
[0]Mari: 1430/1430  | 140/140 | DMG: 19+3 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1 | ACC: 4+2  | BH: 67 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15

Frost Beast: 0/250 | DMG: 160 | Partial Phase - 24 damage minimum

Edited by Mari

A clank against her armor sounded when she missed the catch. The chunk of stone plopped into the snow at her feet and the paladin sighed, willing her spear back into her hammerspace, she carefully bends down and moves the Essence of Steel into her inventory. 

"Yeah, thanks." Her tone was a bit flat. Yet another battle where she did absolutely nothing. "My name is Zay-Chi-Sah. Sorry, I know its difficult to pronounce. That's why I go by the name Yuki. Much easier to pronounce and very ambiguous."

Taking a deep breath, the pinkette shook her head and tried to change her mood the best she could. "You're still strong as ever Mari!" Her big toothy grin finally came out. "I see you took up a new weapon as well. Matching me for my weapon style, but I think that was a two-handed specific attack. Nice choice!" Her mood was seeming to get a bit better now that there was no enemy to focus on at least.

@Mari

Yuki's thanks fell flat and Mari bit her tongue; first instinct to chastise her. The entire time Yuki seemed a little off, she wasn't her usual exuberant self. She seemed withdrawn and apologetic. "Zay-Chay-Sah?" Mari repeated, getting it wrong. "Odd name choice, but hey. No judgement here." Mari said with a shrug as she hefted her own spear away. "I'd much rather call you Yuki than ZayChiSay."  Mari tugged absently on a ginger lock of hair, shifting her weight to one side as she regarded Yuki. 

"
Mmm, I don't think my strength has changed too much." Mari said with a nod. "I can just pull some strong AoE now. I think I just over prepare for every fight. No matter what I'm fighting or with who - I tend to make sure I've stacked my damage and evasion." Mari gestured toward Yuki. "Sides, it's your job to get hit, not mine - right?" Mari offered. 

"You been keeping safe?" She asked.

@Zajcica

Trying to get passed her bad mood regarding old memories, Yuki kept up the fake smile. The conversation about her name was avoided all together thankfully. It was one thing that she told Night what it meant, but it would be twenty times more embarrassing to have to tell Mari what her name meant.

With her arms folded Yuki nodded to the response. "I remember you telling me how annoy that it was that daggers didn't really have the ability to attack more than a single target. If I did that, I don't know how I would even tank. I know that there's an ability that lets you draw aggro consistently through like yelling or something, but that's boring as [censored]. I've seen Shield do it and it looks completely boring. If I draw it through attacking I figure I might as well attack and defend. Best offense is a strong defense and what not."

"You been keeping safe?" The question lashed her across the stomach. When she heard it, the only thing she could think about was the freakin' snake that she had to fight three times in a row. And about how she was swallowed whole. "Y-Yeah. I've been... fine. It has been a long while since we last talked hasn't it. I'm level 36 now, so I'm slowly catching up with you guys. Soon, I'll be joining the front lines, hunh?" The topic shifted left and right with her. Mari was probably noticing at this point that she was deflecting her questions. Did she really have to worry her by telling her that she had gotten eat by a snake?

@Mari

"You think?" Mari thought aloud as she readjusted her scarf. "I always saw the way Shield did things as interesting, guess it depends what you shout - and how you feel about standing around being a target - but...that is a tanks job after all. Like Shield; he focuses on drawing hate; and buffing characters - so has no need to attack. I kinda find that interesting. But it depends on what kind of tank you wanna be if you don't wanna be a pure tank and attack between it all - that's up to you." Mari said as she patted her scarf.  Mari wasn't going to tell Yuki the intricacies of being a tank. The Pinkette would know, especially if she had been talking to Shield.

Mari raised an eyebrow as Yuki brushed the question off, stuttering. "Honestly, if I didn't know better I'd say you're the opposite. Since when did you act all meek like this?  You normally answer my questions with gusto. Yuki...." Mari sighed. "Look if you don't feel like you wanna talk to me that's fine, I won't force you." She shook her head, biting her tongue. "It's good to hear you're gaining levels. And not recklessly endangering yourself in doing so." Mari wasn't frustrated with Yuki, well, maybe a little but only because she was acting so strange. It was as Yuki didn't want Mari around. If that was the case, why bother inviting her?

@Zajcica

"No no. Mari its not that I don't want to talk to you. I just... I'm tired is all. I'm worried that you might still be a bit annoyed with me since I was a bit hard to deal with before, but its clear I'm worrying for no reason. I have had some problems, like...uh... getting eaten by a snake... I have made a few great friends though and they wouldn't let anything like that happen to me again. [censored]... Paralysis." Yuki struggled to improve her mood, but she was doing her best. "I'm sorry that I came off like that. I'll drop it. I don't want anyone calling me something like meek so I need to get over it. I met a friend named Night who has been helping me get through the game without getting myself killed. I tank for her and she does all the damage. We've been pretty unstoppable since we met each other. I also met a guy named Crozeph who has been super nice to me. He's probably the only person that comes to get buffed foods from me."

"Well, yeh." Mari said. Blinking. A little surprised at how self aware Yuki had become. "Of course I get annoyed - I mean. I don't wanna see you die - and it seemed like no matter what I said you just weren't wanting to listen - throwing caution to the wind in lieu of strength. But strength doesn't come from numbers and stats - it comes from knowing when to step back. Knowing your limits so ya can fight to live another day." 

Mari allowed Yuki to talk. Her face remained neutral as Yuki explained how she had almost died; a few times. No wonder she thought Mari was mad. But - really, how was Mari supposed to know all this had happened? She just had a feeling it was what Yuki would do, and whilst Mari was right - Mari wasn't going to turn around and tell the other woman 'I told you so' not when Yuki was showing growth and courage for explaining actions she knew would have normally upset Mari.

"It must have been hard to say all that." Mari said with a small nod as she reached up and gave Yuki a small pat on her shoulder. "I get I can be harsh, but I've seen people just like you die; and I don't want that, that's all. Hearing that you're finding people to work with alleviates some of those fears. And Crozeph..." Mari tapped her lip. 

"Crozeph is a man who follows his stomach, and probably finds the strangest places to nap. But...he's incredibly loyal and kind. You've found some good people to surround yourself with."

@Zajcica

"I'm not going to die. Shield has put is teachings into my brain and I don't take any battle that I can't handle anymore. The snake thing wasn't my fault and it couldn't do hardly any damage to me. The problem was... It cut through my antidote and paralyzed me three times. Three times. My un-luck against critical hits is extremely uncanny Mari." There was a bit of complaint in her voice, entirely towards the game mechanics. She was already half tempted to get a para-immune item to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

"Crozeph is a super nice guy to me. At first he seemed a little weird to me, but I think I'm really warming up to him. He's so relaxed and quiet, I'm just afraid he'll get attacked while he's sleeping or something. Next time I see him, I'm going to offer him my house to sleep in if he needs it. So anyways, we've talked a lot about me. Are you doing alright Mari? Looks like a lot has changed since we last met. I see you're apart of a guild now. Who's symbol is that?" The girl inspected the guild icon next to her name, trying to remember which guild used the Tori as their icon.

"That's exactly my point. Yuki." Mari said, trying her best not to chastise the pinkette too much. "Those things can happen. Sometimes a 'sure fire' - " Mari added air quotes for extra emphasis. "-thing isn't exactly what it seems. You've literally just proven my point. Now you've experienced it I guess you understand where I come from, right?"  Mari shifted, moving her legs to remove the pins and needles from them. The two women had been standing in ankle deep snow for a while now, and whilst Mari had the <<Survival>> skill and was used to the floor - she was not used to standing so still for long periods of time.

"He's like that." Mari replied to Yuki as she found her footing, shifting so the weight was on one side and crossing her arms over her chest. "Crozeph struggles a lot with social interactions sometimes, he can do or say things that may seem a little - odd. But he means well. He's dealt with..." Mari moved her gaze away from Yuki. "He had to watch his own brother die in front of him. And he's been isolated during much of his time within Aincrad. So - yeh, offering him a place to stay would be nice. He has a room with Baldur's estate - but he's a bit of a nomad so having places to stay between it all would be good for him."

Mari turned her gaze back to Yuki when she questioned Mari about the guild icon. "That's Jacobs ladder. A guild myself, Shield, Baldur, and Oikawa started. We're the Pillars. That-" Mari said with a pause as she pointed up to the icon. "Is an Icon I made. I'm keeping myself busy with that, and many other things. Mostly...just making sure everything and everyone is running smoothly."

@Zajcica

Trying her best to keep her cool as Mari continued to show that Yuki was still unprepared. She had no idea how to respond. Every time she talked to Mari, it seemed to contradict literally everything else Shield told her. Mari wants her to be careful all the time, but Shield told her to be brave and collected when fighting, always coming prepared with the knowledge to win against anything. They both wanted to see her live, but the pressure of trying to please the both of them was really getting to her at this point.

"Mari. I don't understand what you want me to do. I took a fight with a boss that had no chance of out damaging my mitigation before my team could kill it. I came prepared with three charges of antidote and still got paralyzed twice through the bosses critical attacks. I could not have came more prepared and well equipped for a boss. Yet it seems like you always find something to criticize me for. I'm not a delicate little flower, nor a low leveled noob anymore. I have experience, knowledge, strength, and I'm slowly learning to control my reckless nature. What more can I do to please you? I don't even know at this point." The paladin shook her head. She was trying her best not to piss Mari off again, but she just couldn't figure out what she wanted her to do. If there were those unexpected events in battle, how could she prepare for it. What could she do beside prepare for what she knows is coming? It felt like she was being asked to grasp the impossible.

@Mari

"That's not-" Mari sighed as she rubbed her temples. "You're missing my point again."  Mari shook her head. "I was tryna compliment you, why do you have to twist everything into somethin' negative. Am I really that sh**ty of a person?" Mari asked Yuki. "That you just constantly assume I'm thinkin or doing or sayin' the worst?" Mari had about enough of this. She didn't come here today to walk around on eggshells. She came here today because she genuinely thought Yuki wanted to hang out with her. But no. It was down to this same old crap again. "I actually wanted to hang out with you, to see how you were." Mari said. "But the moment you approach me you act like I'm going to gut you."

I get enough of that from everyone else, I dont need it from you too

"You say you aren't a delicate flower, then stop bloody acting like one. You say Shield is teaching you, then listen to him. I"m sure he isn't teaching you to stammer and second guess yourself in battle. He's the type of person who would tell you to literally scream with everything you have. A mighty roar."

Mari threw her hands up in the air. "Fine." She said. "Fine. Whatever."  It was clear Yuki wasn't understanding, nor would ever understand it. Mari was proud of her. Mari was just simply saying that Yuki had proven Mari's point through her own actions, and had learned from them.

Mari turned on her heel. "Congratulations, then." It was also clear Yuki  didn't need Mari anymore. Not that she ever really needed her in the first place. Of course not. Yuki had always been headstrong in that way.

Mari paused in her steps away from Yuki. "And for the f**king record, since you don't seem to get it. I was proud. You worked hard."

And with that, Mari continued to leave. She knew when she was done.

@Zajcica

However, Yuki wasn't done.

She caught to Mari and grabbed her by the back of her top, halting her into place. "And for the f***ing record-" Yuki cut herself off quickly. She was about to say something that had no relevance and mad things worse. It wasn't often that she got angry, but there was obviously some miscommunication that she wanted to set straight. After a few deep breaths she finally released the ginger's shirt from her grip. "Mari, I'm sorry. I've been stressed lately and I haven't been dealing with it well, I guess. I didn't mean to take it out on you."

The paladin took a few more breaths. Last time this happened, she had to shut up, but she wouldn't just let Mari walk away like this. "From now on, the subject is dropped. I wont bring it up anymore, cause honestly, it pisses us both off to talk about it. I admit that I'm difficult to deal with, but please don't just walk away. Can we go do something else? We'll hang out and nothing more. It won't be stressful, it wont be an ordeal. I promise."

@Mari

"For the f**king record what?" Mari snapped as she spun around, easily pulling Yuki's hand from her arm.  "What? You want me to say more? You expect too much of me Yuki. I'm proud of you, take it or leave it." Mari took a step away. It looked like Yuki had more to say, but at least she had the brains to not continue.  Mari stayed silent as Yuki apologized. Mari didn't quite feel ready to accept the apology, but she wasn't about to go and say that. It was clear there was still a lot of resentment from Yuki. Apologizing wasn't going to change that.

"If you're stressed you should go find Crozeph, or NIGHT." Mari said quietly. "Find people who put you at ease. People you can confide in and enjoy your time with."  Mari didn't ask why Yuki was stressed, it was not her place. "Often when we are stressed we are pushing ourselves too hard, so take a break - enjoy some good food with good people."

Mari pushed her hair back and out of her eyes, exhaling - steam on her breath.
"But. I'm not a good person, so I cannot do that for you. I'm sorry Yuki, but I'm really not in the mood to 'hang out' right now. Later, possibly - but not right now."

@Zajcica

Even though she put out her apology, she didn't really think that Mari would accept it then and there and likely wouldn't want anything to do with her right now. The girl looked pretty defeated at this point with a sinking expression on her face. She sighed quietly as she turned from Mari and started heading back to the safe zone. She knew better than to try and continue arguing with the ginger haired DPS when she was riled up like this.

As she was walking away, though, she couldn't keep herself from saying one thing to her. "You could be nice... but you're not... I like that you won't sugar coat your feelings to save face. I'm sorry again." And with that, the pink-haired tank rushed back to the safe zone. After that, she really just wanted to go home and sleep for hours. There was so much she still needed to do, but perhaps Mari was right. She needed to take a break before she melted down from the tension... 

When she made it back to the safe zone, she opened her menu and started to compose a message to Crozeph.

@Mari

You could be nice but you're not

Yuki's words rang through Mari's head. Yuki could have used them against her, could have used some words intended to hurt Mari. Instead; the pinkette somehow spun them into a compliment. Mari crossed her arms and watched as Yuki literally turned and ran, back to the safe zone - probably. Mari wasn't sure, because she disappeared within the treeline. Mari sighed. Man I really f**ked that up didn't I?   Mari sighed. She was hoping today would have gone well. Maybe she should have done something else, said something else. She guessed she still had a lot of hangups from her past.

Mari pushed most people away with behavior like that. Mari knew it wasn't exactly the best way to be, but it was better than the past, right? Right?

Mari released her arms and sighed; bringing up her HUD - she wanted to send a message; reach out to someone else for once.

To: @Oikawa

Hey. Let's catch up sometime.

xx
Mari.

With a deep trembling breath Mari closed out the HUD and began to walk back to her house; Oikawa was someone she had been avoiding because of his admission; and because of what Baldur had said; about her being lonely. Mari didn't want to cause any more trouble; but avoiding one of the few people she genuinely liked? That wasn't the way to go about it either.

Hopefully, Yuki would have better luck than her...

-----
Thread Closed

Mari and Yuki receive
2SP

Yuki receives: Essence of Steel
200 COl