[F03 - PP] <<Worn Out Welcome>> Foraging and Forging

95b0a511ee038f76eee4ca9a22183eba.thumb.jpg.ebc8febb9b1b6348daeb111ec62f7dd8.jpgElora marveled at the gargantuan trees towering over her. In more than one way, It seemed that her journey was looking up after all. Earlier in the day, Elora had made the courageous decision to teleport to the third floor so she could study all the unique plant-life growing in its expansive grasslands, rolling hills, and bountiful forests. With so many new landscapes to explore, she was certain to find herbs far more interesting and useful than all of the boring first-floor ones she'd become accustomed to. Since she was feeling so brave, she even accepted a quest that would allow her to build her first set of light metal armor; all she would need is to kill some dark elf and take the materials he carried.

The only problem was that she was lost. Distractedly hopping from one plant she saw to investigate the next, Elora had quickly worked her way into The Forest of Wavering Mist. A blurred haze of pixels clogged the details of her map, making it impossible to see which direction she had entered from and where she needed to head next. 

At the sound of a sharp ticking sound, Elora spun around and drew her spear at what she assumed would be some sort of spider monster. 

sergey-hudyakov-forest1.thumb.jpg.6ee33467b97bf492a3296e4cfde1d1ea.jpg

Spoiler

LEVEL -

HP - 20 

EN -

DMG - 5 

ACC - 1

SKILLS

Non-combat:

Passive:

Combat:

Weapon Skills: 2H Assault Spear R1 (+3 base damage)

Blast (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of horizontal sweeping strokes that hits multiple targets.

Straight (2 Energy) - Begins with the player bending their knees before thrusting forward with a singular powerful strike covering the gap between you and your opponent.

INVENTORY

Weapons: [Equipped] 2H Assault Spear (Rare)

Damage - Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per slot

Accuracy - Gain +(1 per slot) to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit

Equipment: "Selective Deflection" (Vanity Armor) 

Items: Starter Set B "DPS Package": x3 Healing Potions (heals 50 HP), 10 Tier 1 Materials 

Edited by Elora

Recon had chosen randomly which floor to explore next it so happens to be floor three. He had heard of this floor before from other players giving a vague description of what the floor looked like. "Guess I'll get to see the floor first hand hopefully it's nice." Recon then teleported to the floor and gave the area around him a look to his surprise was nicer than the descriptions he heard. This floor had a bit of a calm tone to it with the large trees and grassy fields. "Time to get exploring, eh?"

Recon began to walk around looking at the trees before wondering into the tree line. Whilst walking he was taken away by the trees his mind drifting off he loved the view then bam his head hit a branch from one of the many trees knocking him out of the little daydream he was having. "Ouch..."  Recon mumbled  before looking around 'Next time look out for branches next time yeah?' A sigh came out of him before hearing rustling nearby first thing Recon did was To draw his two-handed sword. He had exactly no experience with swords so he held it like a baseball bat ready to swing. Then he began to walk cautiously towards the noise and out he came from the foliage behind her. 

"What seems to be the issue? Ghosts?"

A young man emerged from the mist, holding his sword in a precarious stance. Elora relaxed and lowered her spear since he didn't appear to be very threatening. "Jesus you scared me..." she admitted, composing herself and straightening her posture. "Sorry for drawing my weapon at you. I don't think I can see even twenty feet in front of me with how dense this fog is." The visual Impairment would definitely be a problem if she kept running into other players and creatures, even worse if it stopped her from finding the Dark Elf and getting --

"HISSSS!"

Elora jumped back, watching through her peripheral vision as a pair of huge black spikes shot out from beside her, narrowly avoiding contact with her body. Within another second, she was able to turn her head and make out the silhouette of an enormous arachnid snapping its mandibles and crawling toward her and the other player. She had never seen any creature so terrifying in stature. Overcome with fear, she held her spear and dashed into whatever direction was AWAY. "RUN!" she called back to the boy, hoping he wouldn't decide to face the creature on his own. 

Edited by Elora

"Sorry for spooking you." Recon lowered his sword in relief and smiled  "Well usually I don't scare people and It was probably my fault for you drawing your weapon. Then again I drew my sword on you thanks to this fog."  The fog was an issue for him as well there was so much he could do in terms of finding out if it was a player or some animal. "Sorry I forgot to introduce my self my na-" 

The hiss was sudden and Recon jumped and his head snapped towards the noise. Just what did that noise? A spider?  His question was answered as two black spikes shot pass Recon almost hitting him. He looked to where the spikes came from and spotted the silhouette in the fog. "Jesus marry and joseph." The girl had already taken off before he had the chance to turn to her."RUN!" Recon swiftly turned around and ran in the direction she went no way he could have fought that thing.

Spoiler

Basics
Level: 50
Health: 1045
Energy: 100
DMG: 16
MIT: 116
ACC: 4
THNS: 36
BLD: 24

Skills/Mods   
R5 2HSS
R5 Heavy Armor
Howl
R3 MIT Familiar
Survival
Precision
Ferocity
Athletics
Fishing

Equipment
Scarecrow's Sickle (DMG/DMG/DMG/BLD)
Rosebud Charm (ACC/ACC/ACC)
Rose Gauntlets (THRN/THRN/HM)

Inventory
Transportation Crystal

Housing Buffs
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first
two expenditures of each combat.

Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen
by (5 * Tier 
HP) and decreases full energy regen
to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT
damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT
each turn by 20% (rounded down).

Col Stash+5% bonus col from monster
kills and treasure chests.

Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating,
  Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread.
Can be applied after a roll.

"RUN!" 

Lessa froze mid-step, sole of her boot hovering inches from the earth. That's never a good shout. She held her breath, ignoring the pounding of her heart in her ears as she listened for a follow-up sound. In fact, the woman found herself squinting, as if it might somehow sharpen her hearing. At her side, Lessa's wolf familiar cocked his head, mimicking her strained expression. Though Riker's ears were much better than his companion's, both of them were able to hear the crashing of bodies through vegitation.

"Come on," the woman commanded, drawing her sword from it's place on her back. Riker fell into step beside her, and together, the pair plunged back into the mist. The forest was one of Lessa's least favorite places, but rumors of a rare mob had drawn her back there. All thought of white stags were forgotten as the Guardian screeched to a halt, an enormous spider seeming to materialize directly in front of her. Uttering a soft curse of surprise, Lessa's gauntleted hand tightened around Scarecrow Sickle's hilt. It wasn't that she was afraid of spiders. In fact, Lessa didn't even dislike them. But this particular arachnid was large, and hell-bent on eating whatever it chased between the twisted, towering trees. Once Lessa made out the form of two players through the haze, instinct took hold.

With matching snarls, Lessa and Riker lunged in tandem.  As she poured power into Sickle, the enormous sword began to pulse, glowing a mean scarlet. The beam of light arched and slashed, and though the beast was fairly low-leveled, Lessa opted for her most devastating sword arts. By the time it burst into fluttering fractals, merging with the fog as it fell, Lessa's blue eyes were wide and wild. She was forced to take two calming breaths before turning to the players.

"Are you guys okay?"

@Elora @Recon

Elora watched in surprise and horror as a new player materialized from the mist in front of her, diving behind them and obliterating the monster in a single devastating blow. Witnessing an attack like that made her question whether or not she should be more afraid of the spider or of the woman who just killed it. Coming to a sudden halt and turning around, Elora quickly stepped to the side to avoid colliding with the male player who was sprinting toward her. 

Baffled, Elora needed to take a few moments before responding to her question. "We're, uh...I think we're fine now that you showed up." She was at a loss for words to reinforce the conversation. With attention drawing to her legs, Elora noticed they had been coated in golf-ball sized burrs that must have latched onto her while she was bolting through the underbrush. She began to pluck them off, individually flicking each from her gloved hands and into a nearby patch of grass.

Spoiler

ID: 151877 LD8 Gathering Failed

Edited by Elora

The girl was just bearly visible from the mist he had a hard time trying to not lose her whilst running. Recon squinted his eyes in her general direction and had noticed she stopped then he came to a complete stop to avoid bodychecking the girl. At first, he wondered why they stopped running was it another one of those things? Or was it something worse? Recon had his head on a swivel looking left and right before checking behind him. Out of the mist came a player Recon turned around to face this unknown player. Did they kill the damn thing? If so great job.

Recon didn't know how to answer the player's question sure he was okay nothing had hit him. He was about to answer the player's question until the girl answered it. "Yeah, we both are doing fine now that you dealt with the situation." Afterward, he examined himself looking for any injuries just to be sure he wasn't actually hurt or well if he was he'd've noticed his health bar go down. Nothing wasn't out the ordinary besides a few burrs stuck to his legs. Recon ignored them it's not like it was effecting him or preventing him from functioning.

Lessa gave a small nod of acknowledgment despite the enormous relief that washed over her. It was fortunate that she had been in the area, and had intervened in time. If she'd been a few moments later, and had played witness to two more deaths... well, it just wasn't worth reflecting on. She'd kept two more names from being added to the monument, and that alone was enough to celebrate. So the blonde let her gaze shift between the pair. Both had burs clinging to their pants, a sure sign they'd been tromping through the underbrush for a while.

Which brought her to her next question - why? As she moved to ask, she noticed her familiar sniffing around the other players' feet. "Riker," she scolded softly, patting her thigh to call the wolf back. Once he'd done so, dutifully plopping down at her side, she looked back to the man and woman standing in front of her. "So what has you guys out in the mists anyways? This is a pretty awful place."

Elora shifted her weight and placed her hand on her hip as she addressed the new player, "Well, I was hoping to complete a quest so that I could build my own set of armor. I need to defeat a Dark Elf and collect the materials he drops. The Armorsmith said that he lives in these woods, but I haven't had luck with navigating in here so that I can find him." It frustrated and somewhat embarrassed her how little progress she had made, especially since she had needed saving from a monster that she knew could spawn here. She looked down and lightly kicked the toe of her boot into the dirt. It squished in an unsettling way. 

That gave Elora an idea. Crouching down so that her line of vision was parallel to the forest floor, she noticed the wolf familiar had left impressions all over its soggy surface.

"You know...this ground is pretty muddy. There's a chance that we could track that Elf if we find its footprints somewhere."

"I'm here for exploration then I came across her who I thought was speaking to some ghosts." Recon then looked at both of them 'I can't imagine trying to find some Dark Elf in these weather conditions.' He poked the muddy ground with the tip of his straight sword playing around with the mud. "Actually good luck trying to find that Dark Elf in this weather can't even find a trace of them in the mud." An idea had popped into his head "Maybe there might be a way to find the Dark Elf." His eyes shifted to the other girl's familiar.

"Alright, maybe we could use you're familiar to track it via scent as your familiar is a wolf correct?" This was his idea it may work or not cause most living things do have a scent. So possibly this Dark Elf has one...right? Recon lifted his sword out of the mud and began to wipe the mud off with his hand carefully hr didn't want to cut himself after all.