[SP-F9] <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>> Moltres vs. Corviknight

"I can't believe I'm back in this water-forsaken floor" he muttered as he stood the entrance of Yogan village. It was the same place as it was when he last set foot on the floor, soot and smoke abound. Had this been the real world, Yogan would be a ghost town because of the pollution. Crozeph readied his equipments and items, a few hours ago he talked to some NPCs whom he heard can craft an item that changes the appearance of any armor or weapon when applied. It piqued his curiosity and at the same time, he needs it for his weapon. A few days ago he obtained a weapon that matches his tier and had a freeze effect, it was with the help of his friend Yuki and her friend named Night. "I wonder how she's doing, she was stronger when we last met" he thought.

The instructions to him were pretty much clear, he must gather materials and also a feather of a phoenix to craft an item that will change a weapons name and appearance. It would be nice if the freezing weapon they got from Absolute Zero is turned into a proper katana. Crozeph then checked his inventory to make sure he's prepared for taking on this quest, he wasn't strong enough to solo some high tier skills but he's smart enough to know preparation. He walked out of the settlement and began to make his way gathering materials.

Stats

• Level: 31 I HP: 620 I EN: 62 I DMG: 12 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 1 I MIT: 44 I +2 Regen I +1 Bleed I +1 Savvy I Relaxed [house buff]

Skills 

• Curved Sword R1 I Katana R5 I Battle healing R2 I Light Armor R2 I First Aid R2 I Finesse [mod]

Equips

• Flamebringer T2 [+2 damage +1 Bleed] I Karasu-No-Kami [+1 Savvy +2 Regen] I Cloak of the Oath [+1 EVA +36 MIT]

Battle Ready items

• Titan's Strength +3 damage
  • Artisan Carrot Cake +2 ACC
  • Lavender Lemon Bar +2 EVA
  • Lucky Cookie +3 LD
  • Lifestream Fragment [Trinket] +1 ACC +1 Recovery
Edited by Crozeph

The place always gave Crozeph and impression that it was inhabitable, scarce on resources, and teeming with dangerous beings who one can't even consider normal in a fauna. He still has to do it or he won't be getting the item that he wanted. As he walked around the area, he tried to look for a place where he can start to find materials, it would be hard to find one considering how coal dust and rocks were putting off an impression that there's nothing anywhere. It would be hard to start searching and he can't risk himself falling into the lava or anywhere with sharp edges. 

He opened his inventory and took out his consumables, the buff he had ordered as preparation for fighting the phoenix, whether he'll find the creature first or look for materials is up to fate. Crozeph slowly consumed the products and tried his best to finish it all quickly, no time to leave himself open for attacks while eating. It took him about two minutes to fully consume his buffs, lastly, he changed his equipment by taking off his yukata and substituting it for a normal one. After changing, he pulled out a ring from his inventory and equipped it. His stats changed and it made him feel reassured that his attacks would land this time, more painful than he ever could. His practice on Batto Jutsu was going well, it was a cheap knock-off of the original skill but he can always practice and apply simple techniques to it.

Items consumed/equipped

• Titan's strength +3 damage
  • Artisan Carrot cake +2 ACC
  • Lavender Lemon bar +2 EVA
  • Lifestream fragment +1 ACC +1 Recovery
  • Lucky cookie +3 LD

Crozeph

• HP: 620/620 I EN: 62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151452
  • LD: 18 + 3 = 21
  • x1 material found

The start of his search was fruitful, earlier he saw some kind of weird rock formation after finishing his equips and buffs. In the eye of those who aren't into it, the formation might just be the result of a magma flowing on its path. Crozeph begs to differ, it might have something that he needs. He took out a chisel from his inventory and began to work his way on slowly carving off unnecessary edges. The stroke must be gentle enough to not destroy what mineral it may hold and not weak enough to make zero progress, Crozeph did his best to make it successful, ruining it would be frustrating right after finding that it has some use.

It took him a few minutes or struggle but he managed to get a material out of it. "Well I'm on a good start, feels rewarding and alarming at the same time" he said to himself before turning his head to another weird rock formation in the area.

• ID: 151456
  • LD: 8 + 3 = 12
  • no material found

The second one he approached was rather delicate, it looked like some kind of obsidian but much brighter when light strikes it. Crozeph could see it but the rocks wrapping the material were getting in the way of acquiring it easily. He took a deep breath and began his work. It was hard not to apply too much strength to his work, the heat of the floor was distracting him. He tried controlling his breathing while doing so or he would risk ruining the material he just found. 

What he feared happened as he tried to wipe the sweat out of his brow, the chisel damage the material and shattered into fragments of data, it was frustrating but Crozeph had to make a move and do it quickly, a lesson learned to endure the uncomfortable feeling until the work is done. He tried to look for something which was less delicate, now that a mistake happened, he has to consider the source the material whether he's good enough to take it.

• ID: 151457
  • LD: 13 +3 = 16
  • x1  material found

Crozeph was suspicious of the mound before him. It would be easier if everything can be found on mounds but Crozeph knew how reality can be cruel even inside a game. He lowered his body to kneel and inspected the mound. There were coal dust and a few pieces of rock, flint was also mixed within. Crozeph stood up again, holding the chisel in his left hand "maybe I should try kicking it" he thought. It was a good option considering how it was just a pile of stone, dredges of what was happening on the floor.

Crozeph lightly kicked the mound with his wooden sandals. The mound slowly turned into fragments, it seems that Crozeph's hunch was right. Crozeph kicked it lightly one more time and the mound completely shattered, it was a waste and the fragile state of the materials in it was enough to convince him that with his current skills he won't be getting anything from it. As he was about to leave, a material came out of the mound, he was surprised there was even one. He picked it up and placed in his inventory

• ID: 151458
  • LD: 14 + 3 = 17
  • x1 materials found

Floor 9 had some memories that Crozeph could remember. It is where Crozeph, along with Daeron and Mari were killing monsters for the grind. Back then it always amuses him how two players with orange markers are bickering with each other. It was scary have to two who are known player killers to be with him and at eh same time he felt safe from the monsters because of them. Crozeph didn't know what happened to Daeron or what fate awaited him and Mari was some kind of older sister figure to him now, if people knew how they met back then, no one would believe the kind o relationship they have now "speaking of, I should visit soon and bring some food for a nice dinner" he thought "maybe Yuki has some..."

Crozeph chiseled the side of an eight feet rock that loomed before him, his thought was on the girl who acted as his tank on a few quests. After the Absolute Zero quest, Crozeph was still feeling sad about how Yuki got upset because of what he did, Night did tell him not to be sorry, easier said than done. Crozeph then suddenly struck a soft part and a material came out of the crack he created "why am I worried too much for her? the girl can probably take care of herself more than me" he thought as he picked up the material.

• ID: 151459
  • LD: 16 + 3 = 19
  • x1 material found

Nothing found, it was expected and he didn't want to waste time on getting frustrated, he needs the materials as soon as possible. He moved to the next area. Still using a chisel, he tried to get one on where he search earlier, only he took a few steps to his right. He wasn't even getting tired but the heat is slowly getting on his nerves as he tries to wipe off sweat at the back of his ears and on his brows. Delicate as some materials be, Crozeph still did his best to find one and it looks like the place where he is right now had one. Crozeph held it and made a deep sigh "looking for materials is fun, it only gets worse when I can't find any" he thought.

He moved to a different rock but still in the same area, he was thinking of when will he visit Mari, last time he did, he told her he'd bring some food that they can eat. A meal when he visits, he liked talking to her, it felt like he was talking to a family member even though in the eyes of those who didn't understand it wasn't right. he 's been trying to keep his wits upon leveling up and Shirogane decided to take a leave for a moment. Now here he is trying to find a phoenix and a bunch of materials.

• ID: 151460
  • LD: 12 + 3 = 15 
  • x1 material found

The next area is as barren as a desert. Despite him increasing the pace of his search, Crozeph only ended up getting tired in doing so. Crozeph sat for a moment after the fruitless search. He opened his inventory and saw that he still has three more materials to gather before he returns, not to mention killing a phoenix to get the item right. "A phoenix, a being that dies and reborn with great power' he thought. He wasn't all too familiar with its lore but he knew that a lot of people are comparing the phoenix to people who rise up again whenever they fall.

Crozeph understood the analogy but fails to see how it fits with the phoenix. 'I probably sound dumb if people knew that" he said to himself. Crozeph never saw humans fall so bad they needed to be reborn like the mythical creature, well not anymore inside Aincrad. Most people he saw just hit a wall every now and then in their life and pretty much overcomes it a time passes by. No reborn happening, just letting time do its job. As he pondered on that thought, he saw a glimmer just below his foot "a material buried underneath?" he asked himself. Crozeph struck the ground with his chisel and soon enough took out a material from underneath.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151461
  • LD: 15 + 3 = 18
  • x1 material found

After resting for a few minutes, he resumed his search, he wasn't expecting to have a nice rest with the heat beating him on all sides. He worked his way on finding some kind of ore on the other side of the tall rock formation he was searching earlier and soon enough he got another. Things are getting on the bright side now that he has three materials gathered, two more and he's only a few steps away from obtaining the item he needs. Letting out a sigh of relief, he walked away from the area where he found the last material he obtained and looked for another place to search.

As he walked, he saw some kind of rock flat enough for someone to lie down, he smiled as he saw it. The rock reminded of the first quest he and Yuki did but it was also embarrassing on his part, there are limitations to being careless but he seems to be breaking some in the process when he's with her. He wiped the sweat on his brow and resumed his search.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151462
  • LD: 8 + 3 = 11
  • no materials found

Crozeph then tried to remember all those times he was careless. It wasn't a strange thing for someone like him. Despite his calm gaze and expression, his temper sometimes drags him to be erratic. Frustration, worry, anger, things he kept inside for so long are trying to claw their way out. Mari saw his anger, Yuki saw his tendencies to be anxious or worry too much, and Shirogane saw how he can cold to people at times. It got him into trouble, not something that would last long but he didn't like it. 

Crozeph chiseled rocks aimlessly as he tried to figure out how to make things easier when socializing, even though he wasn't rude like some, he can still be annoying to others. "For some reason, I'm worried about how people see me all of a sudden," he thought as he continued his search. Crozeph is now starting to act like how he was back then, if it feels like he's bothering people, he might just hide again from them.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151463
  • LD: 11 + 3 = 14
  • no materials found

As Crozeph continued to search for materials, a creature appeared just above him. It was some kind of flaming bird and the wings were like a weaker version of a solar flare. Crozeph looked up and saw it but his thoughts are still on how some people snap at him lately. Surely it was his fault, if he only acted appropriately to what's acceptable. "Why would I accept the way people wanted things to be?" he asked himself. The flaming bird hovered up high above him, as if it was looking for a place to perch but with Crozeph being there it was too conscious to fly down.

Crozeph's thoughts are still locked on his current predicament and even with the material searching, he just couldn't help it at the moment. For a long time, he has developed tendencies to avoid people or crowds, he didn't like how a group of people can decide on how others should be. However, Crozeph values how his friends see him. If he's becoming a nuisance he can just hide and if they need help he can still lend a hand to do so "no materials, no phoenix, I wonder how this will end"  he thought.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151464
  • LD: 2 +3 = 5
  • no materials found

The flaming bird slowly began its descent, the player is starting to annoy the creature as he would move out of the location. the raven-haired player was still preoccupied with trivial things. "I wonder if Yuki gets mad at me for real, seeing her upset is already..." all of a sudden he slammed his head on the rock where he was searching for materials "if she was here she'd smack me with her shield, pull yourself together Crozeph" he said before resuming his search.

The creature above him was surprised by him doing a headbutt. Annoyance and anger slowly crept in as it flew above and slowly descending. First the annoyance of a player invading its spot and second, the anger of it being ignored despite the player seeing it. Its as if Crozeph was not giving a s*** if the bird was there or not, a typical reaction when his train of thoughts remains intact despite distractions. "I wonder if Shirogane is using the trinket, I need to get one for myself too," he told himself "I should also fix my relocation near the Jacob's Ladder guild."

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151465
  • LD: 14 + 3 = 17
  • x1 material found

Crozeph was able to get a material on the last rock he almost destroyed while searching for it. He took a deep sigh, if he wasn't careful, the material he just found might not even exist, his thoughts were scattered also. "Now a phoenix should be here somewhere, it's a flaming bird with..." as he spoke, strong gusts of wind blew from behind him. Crozeph tried to cover his eyes and mouth to avoid dust from entering it. The gusts were strong but Crozeph also noticed how hot it was as if a furnace is being blown by a blacksmith.

Crozeph turned his head to see the flaming bird above him earlier, perched down a rock, wings spread with such pride the bird might as well be Lucifer. Crozeph scratched his head as the name appeared above the creature.

<<Phoenix>>

Crozeph unsheathed his sword and kept his eyes on the phoenix, "I need your feather, give me one and we can all go on with our worthless lives..."  the phoenix began to fan its wings before Crozeph could finish "okay I'm guessing you like it rough, I don't so let's get this over quickly" he told the creature.

Phoenix

• HP: 310/310 I DMG: 93 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2
  • <<Hellstorm>> 24 burn damage on critical rolls

Crozeph

• HP: 620/620 I EN: 62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed
Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151469
  • BD: 5 + 1 enhancement + 2 buff = 8 - 2 EVA = 6 success
  • MD: 3 + 2 ACC = 5 - 3 EVA = 2 fail
  • CD: 9 [recovery proc] +1 energy gained
  • Savvy Activated [+1 BD until the next successful attack]
  • Crozeph dealt 15 buffed base x 15 San Ge = 225 - 50 MIT = 175 damage to Phoenix

Spoiler

Phoenix

• HP: 135/310 I DMG: 93 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2

Crozeph

• HP: 620/620 I EN: 50/62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed

The Phoenix took the initiative and attacked Crozeph with its wings. The attack was more of a physical one, no flames, just the wings trying to cut the raven-haired player. Multiple attempts were made but Crozeph kept on dodging, it wasn't an impressive dodge but Crozeph was able to leave unscathed on the flurry of its wing attack. "Not using your flames?" he uttered as he tries to find an opening on its attack. The buffs are doing well and his ring already activated its recovery, a good start but the fight isn't over yet. 

Crozeph felt a bump in his speed and accuracy, the effects of the consumable earlier are doing wonders. Crozeph tried to dial down his movements to avoid him going over his calculation of his attack. Crozeph aimed at one of its wing and unleashed his sword art on it. The attacks landed beautifully on the wings making the Phoenix fly back to where it was perched earlier, Crozeph on the other hand tried to regain his balance to guard himself from a surprise attack.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 151499
  • BD: 9 critical
  • MD: 7 + 2 ACC = 9 - 3 EVA = 6 success
  • CD: 8 recovery proc [+1 Energy]
  • Crozeph dealt 15 buffed base + 1 critical x 15 San Ge = 240 - 50 MIT = 190
  • Phoenix dealt 93 - 44 MIT = 49 damage to Crozeph

Spoiler

Phoenix

• HP: 0/310 I DMG: 93 I MIT: 50 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 2

Crozeph

• HP: 620/620 I EN: 39/62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed

The next clash had a better exchange, Crozeph dashed forward to aim at the neck of the phoenix and sure enough, he landed his attack flawlessly again this time. His cuts sank deep into the body and neck of the mythical creature and its HP was dropping drastically. As Crozeph was ready to deal the final blow, the phoenix let out flames from its wings sending Crozeph back "desperation" he thought. Crozeph placed all is weight on moving forward and sliced through the gust of the flame making a downward slash cutting the phoenix in half. 

Crozeph fell face down holding his katana, the phoenix was killed in just two blows. It was a good feeling to finally finish the quest and as usual, the creature dropped what he needs, the phoenix feather along with some loot. "Time to head back I guess" he uttered as he finally recovered from the heat he just took from the phoenix. 

• ID: 151503
  • Phoenix feather obtained
Edited by Crozeph
its quest mob, so no rewards here

The walk from the area where Crozeph killed was fairly easy, even when the humid feeling was still an annoyance to him. He wasn't expecting the phoenix to die too soon but it's probably better that way than dragging the battle for far too long. He checked his inventory if he was missing something, having to forget one material for the quest is gonna be an annoying thing. He went past some bridges with lava flowing underneath, some rock formations with smooth surfaces, and some that can trigger certain phobias if anyone saw it. The road was good enough for those not to lose balance whether they are walking or running. 

Crozeph sat on a bedrock for a while to rest, the effects of the consumables are still running rampant inside him. It wasn't a bad feeling, this is probably something that he'll get used to after a while. Staring at the craggy rocks and flowing magma, Crozeph began to think of what he should do next after the quest.

As he continued to rest on the rock where he sat on, he began to think of the work he's left behind just so he can obtain some good stats and weaponry "I'll have to go back and train Shirogane, that is if she's still available when I return" he thought "buy some food from Yuki and return to where James and Carmilla is, plus..." Crozeph stood up "join Jacobs's Ladder." The player resumed his walk back to the settlement, finishing the quest is his priority right now and he wants to make sure that he gets his fair share of the quest. Things are going well for him, but he knew that it would be short-lived as two golems the same height as him blocked his way to the settlement "oh come on! the settlement is already within my reach" he uttered calmly with a hint of annoyance.

Crozeph unsheathe his katana and scratched his head "okay let's get this over with" he uttered as he began to make his way towards them. Crozeph doesn't when to start even, two golems would be easy to handle with his katana, but he was pretty sure that it wouldn't be as fast as how he had dealt with the phoenix earlier

Magma Golems x2

• HP: 310/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0
Edited by Crozeph

1611841317_Roll1.png.2d0c5627da0170b17a7dda706515474e.png

• Crozeph dealt 15 buff damage + 1 critical x 15 San Ge  = 240 damage to Magma Golem A
  • Magma Golem A attacks Crozeph but misses 
  • Magma Golem B attacks Crozeph but misses

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 620/620 I EN: 50/62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed

Mobs

• Magma Golem A - HP: 70/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0
  • Magma Golem A - HP: 310/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0

The golems began their assault on the player, each with a rock hard fist aimed at his face. Crozeph easily dodged the first attack and managed to duck just in time and land a counter-attack. The katana slashed the arms of the first golem and dealt huge damage to it. Crozeph then turned his attention to the second golem. He dodged the attack but hesitated to counter it. The fist of the second golem struck the ground where he stood, the attack was powerful as it made a few fissures to the ground, Crozeph could only imagine if he took a direct hit of that.

"One with less than a favorable HP and one I can still graze with an AoE attack, if I can manage to land both then it's a sure victory for me" he thought. It's going to take three more skill hits before he could finish them off for good. He lowered his katana, a fighting stance he kept on doing as a discipline, he may not be able to harness a powerful Batto Jutsu like a skill but he can still emulate the movement and incorporate it with his sword arts.

1492258018_aoeroll.png.d8f45d79ed814f50ce4f551c480070cf.png

• Crozeph dealt 15 buff damage x 8 Amatsu No Homura BD: 8 + 2 acc +  = 120 damage to Magma Golem A
  • Crozeph dealt 15 buff damage x 8 Amatsu No Homura  = 120 damage to Magma Golem B
  • Magma Golem A killed loot ID: 151556 I LD: 10 + 3 = 13 I CD: 5 I 930 col I 620 Bonus col I x2 T1 materials I T1 Rare weapon I T1 uncommon consumable
  • Magma Golem B attacks and dealt 95 - 44 MIT = 51 damage to Crozeph
  • recovery proc [+1 Energy]

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 570/620 I EN: 44/62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed

Mobs

• Magma Golem A - HP: 0/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0
  • Magma Golem A - HP: 190/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0

Crozeph moved in again, an AoE attack is what he's going to try to finish off one and damage the other. He had a curse of not being able to hit mobs with AoE attacks, his single target practice on his free time was good enough to make him hit a single target but it also paid the price of hitting multiple enemies. His first hit on the first golem succeeded. A clean cut at the next with his slices that seemed like a warm-up help drop the health points lower. He followed this attack with a spinning motion of his body and using his momentum to cut both his with his katana. Three successful spinning cuts dealt enough damage for the first golem to shatter and drop some loot. The second one however managed to punch Crozeph sending him a few feet back.

Crozeph tried to regain his balance, he left an opening with the last spin he made. "Nice aim" he uttered as he used his sword as a guard but even so, the golem did a considerable amount of damage to him. Now that one is taken care of, he can resume to single targe attacks and finish off the golem and finish his quest.

Edited by Crozeph
eva was -1 but thats not allowed when acc is 0 :c
  • ID: 151563
  • BD: 2 + 3  = 5 success I MD: 9 success
  • Crozeph gained 12 health [Battle Healing] 570 + 12 = 582/620
  • Crozeph dealt 15 buffed damage x 15 San Ge = 225 damage to Magma Golem B
  • Magma Golem dealt 93 + 1 critical = 94 - 44 MIT = 50 damage to Crozeph

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 570/620 I EN: 42/62 I DMG: 15 [buffed] I MIT:44 I EVA: 3 [buffed] I ACC: 3 [buffed] I +1 Bleed

Mobs

• Magma Golem A - HP: 0/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0
  • Magma Golem A - HP: 190/310 I DMG: 93 I ACC: 0 I MIT: 0 I EVA: 0

Crozeph dashed forward, the golem was slow to dodge, plus he has the mobility to either chip away or finish it off with a sword art attack. The golem aimed its fist at Crozeph who eagerly received the blow. There was no time to dodge now that he is within its reach. Crozeph could feel the force shave off a considerable amount of his health points. "Damn, mean swing you have there," he told the golem. 

Crozeph took a deep breath, taking in enough air so he can control his breathing while trying to keep out the pollutions outside his body, who knows what effect it could give to someone inhaling huge amounts. A risk that he could never take, let alone even try. Crozeph dusted his yukata and tried to brush off the pain he received from its attack. "Now this is troublesome" he said as he raised his sword for the next attack.

Edited by Crozeph