F16/PP The Big Danger Noodle <<Snake Out of Water>>

Snake Out of Water

Spoiler

Oscar - Lvl 59
1210 HP
118 Energy
4 Accuracy (+1 Precision +3 Food)
2 Evasion (+2 Food)
19 Base Damage - (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Ferocity +9 Familiar +1 Athletics)
25 Mitigation 
12 Fallen
2 Burn
Vampiric (Defensive)
2 Rec
Paralytic Immunity
7 LD

Equipment
Tesseleth’s Fury [Tier 3 Demonic Two-Handed Battleaxe] | Fallen, Fallen, Burn, Burn
Tactical Outfitting Mk.III [Tier 3 Demonic Light Armor] | Vampiric (Defensive), Para Immune, Rec, Rec
Mythril Greaves [Tier 3 Perfect Heavy Armor] |  +81 MIT
Gloves of Caerus [Tier 1 Perfect Light Armor] | +3 Loot Die

Familiar
Leeroy & Jenkins - Familiar | +3*Tier DMG

Battle Ready Inventory
Teleportation Crystal
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |
Empty Inventory Slot |

Buffs
Well-Rested | -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat.
Filling | Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 slot.
Relaxed | Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash | 5% Bonus Col from Monster kills and Chests
Squeaky Clean | The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25%

Skills
2HBA | Rank 5: +8 Damage
Light Armor | Rank 5: +25 Damage Mitigation
Battle Healing | Rank 5: Recover 5% of Max HP every round while in combat
Concentration | +1 to your BD (3 turn cooldown)
Survival | Heal 15*Tier HP when out of battle
Parry | 2-turn CD, 5 EN Half damage of next attack and remove Stun/Paralysis effects
Fishing | Gain materials/encounter enemies based on CD result.
First Aid | Rank 5: Restore 12% of target’s max health [Cost: 4% 

Skill Mods
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Athletics                  | Increases Base Damage by 1, Max HP by 10*tier
Precision                 | Increases Accuracy by 1
Justified Riposte      | Successful Parries Stun Opponent, 3 Turn CD
Finesse Rank 3       | -3 EN on 2HBA Sword Arts

It was time. One quest had invoked much fear in the heart of the Hot Dog Man. From Bahr's stories, he absolutely dreaded the Snake Out of Water quest. Apparently Hebinishu was one bad mother. But today, Oscar was resolved to get it done. Taking Bahr's advice, Oscar stacked up on his luck. Gloves on Caerus came on, sacrificing mitigation in favor of luck. Copious amounts of hot dogs were consumed all tailored to his needs in the quest. Finally, as the final part to the buff, Oscar activated his <<Yamata no Orochi Statue>> that rested in his Foyer. The luck buff from his efforts in Scents of the Wild may have meant all the difference in this quest. From there, headed out and teleported up to Floor 16. Not wanting to take the beast on alone, Oscar sent messages out to a couple friends he had made along the way.

@Zajcica @NIGHT

Danger Noodle? Come to Floor 16 if interested.

- Oscar

FOCUSED DOG CONSUMED [+2 ACC -> +3 ACC FROM FILLING BUFF]
EVASION DOG CONSUMED [+2 EVA]
ULTRA LUCKY HOT DOG CONSUMED [+3 LD]

<<YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE>> ACTIVATED [+1 LD]

Danger noodle? Floor 16? NIGHT recognized these key pointers. Immediately, she'd hopped out of bed with a jump and busted herself into the bathroom to get ready.

NIGHT: so ready
NIGHT: like 10mins tho
NIGHT: wait do u need the consumable
NIGHT: ill buy it off u

The sound of steps down stairs mixed with the faint sizzling of food down at the kitchen. NIGHT found herself rubbing a towel into her hair before she'd picked up on the noise. Breakfast? NIGHT paused for a moment, wondering if she should take the time to pick up something from DAY's platter, before deciding otherwise, sending the Gemini a quick message instead to bother her.

The player didn't stay to hear her housemate complain, though. There was a snake was lined up on her butcher's block today. And-- well, NIGHT didn't want to terrorize her friend even further, but just in case she could get lucky...

Zajcica
NIGHT: hey wanna come close your eyes for me

@Zajcica

Y8KUauY.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1010/1010 | EN: 98/98
  | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21* | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0** | LD: 9
  | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | RECOVERY: 2 | TAUNT
  | Paralytic Immunity | Stealth Detection: 3

* [Filling] used to provide +1 Protein.
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Jack's Executioner
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 24 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Blight I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 24 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Cursed | This item cannot be traded to another player or leave the player's inventory. If two players are married with a Cursed item in their shared inventory, either player may access the item. This item automatically adjusts its Tier to the player it's equipped to. ]
  • Basilisk's Bane
    -- [ Taunt I | +1 Hate generated. ]
    -- [ Recovery I | Regenerate 2 EN on natural CD rolls of 6+. ]
    -- [ Paralytic Immunity | Immune to Paralysis. ]
  • Maneki-Neko Figurine
    -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• [T1E2] Strength+ (1) -- [ Damage II | +2 DMG. ]
  • [T2E2] Protein (1) -- [ Protein II | +2 DMG, -20 MIT. ]
  • [T1E2] Precision+ (1) -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC. ]
  • [T1E3] Fortune++ (1) -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD. ]
  • [T2E1] [ref] Marche Funèbre (1) -- [ Lullaby I | Instant | -1 EVA to one enemy for one battle. ]

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 4/5

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 3/5 
    > Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 3/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Col Stash
    | +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE INSIST ON DOING THIS QUEST?! Ugh, fine I'll be there..

Yuki found her way out of her bed and dragged her feet through the mud. Making her way to the teleporter and waiting for Night to appear, she went to over to where they were meeting Oscar. She looked over to Night and sighed. "Man why do you have to bring me... I was promised no more snakes and directly after I'm doing snake after snake after snake. I swear, if this thing paralyzes me and tries to eat me again, I'm never doing this quest again."

The paladin folded her arms and pouted. There wasn't much of a reason for her to do this quest over and over again, other than being here to help Night collect the reward. "Let's just get this over with as soon as possible please." The paladin waved down Oscar, she hadn't seen him in awhile, so hopefully he was doing alright.

Spoiler

General
Level: 38 | HP:  820/820 | Energy: 76/76 Hate: 1/3/4(M/H/C)

Stats
DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 112 | ACC: 0 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36

Skills
R2 OHAS, R5 Heavy Armor, R3 MIT Familiar, Fighting Spirit, R2 Block, Rank 1 BH, Concentration

Mods
Athletics; Stonewall

Housing Buffs
Rested; Filling; Tasty; Angler; Hardworking

Equipment(In use)
Charlemagne(Heavy Armor): HM I, Thorns II
Braced Reproach(Shield): Taunt; Para II
Trap of Argalia(OHAS): DMG I; BLD I

Equipment(Standby)
Revenant(Shield): Taunt I; Rec II
La Black Luna(Trinket): ACC III

Consumables
(2x)Starter Healing Potions(50HP)

Edited by Zajcica
Spoiler

Oscar 1210/1210 HP | 118/118 EN | 19 DMG | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 25 MIT | 12 FLN | 36 BRN [BD8-10] | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | 2 REC [+6 EN] | 7 LOOT DIE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 0/2 | 60 BH

Oscar was quickly joined by Yuki with a message being sent from NIGHT. Oscar didn't have any particular desire to keep the consumable. So it didn't matter to him whether or not he handed it off to her. Yuki, for her part, didn't seem to be at all enthused with the idea of taking on Hebinishu. Apparently there had been some bad experiences in previous attempts at the quest. Oscar did the only thing that he could think to do. He patted Yuki on the head and stooped down to her eye level. "It's cool, Yuki. You're not gonna get eaten. It's gonna be too busy trying to get at me." All that was left to do was to wait on NIGHT. She said ten minutes and, in his experience, NIGHT was always very punctual. So it wouldn't be long now. In the interim, he could try to make Yuki feel better about the situation she was going into. And he did so the only way he knew how. "Would you like an emergency hot dog? Worst case, you can just throw it somewhere if the snake tries to get you and maybe it will distract it."

One teleport, and she was there. NIGHT waved over to the duo in the distance, slightly amused at how Oscar was lowering himself for some reason. How tall was her friend again? A slight intimidation factor had always kicked in as she got closer to her guild mate because of it. NIGHT gave her party a bow and a greeting, before a realization settled in. "Yuki, how--"

Immediately she was interrupted with a scolding from her hostage of a friend. The woman shot back a half-smile, gesturing for her to simmer down with two hands in a wave. "Hey, hey. Like I said, you don't have to fight this thing if you don't want to. Just stay back and hum a song or something -- I promise we'll keep you safe."

She pointed out to their towering companion rather cheekily as the group began to walk. "Look, I still have back up. And better yet, Oscar's stronger than either of us. So you'll be alright." NIGHT raised her head to look back at him, her question set on pause coming back to mind. "Oh, have you two met each other yet? I'd figured something was up, with Yuki arriving before I did."

@Zajcica

Yuki kept her arms folded before finally she gave in and sighed. "I'm not going to sit out a fight cause I'm scared or anything. It's just an experience I would never like to relive." She looked back to Oscar with a bit of a challenging smile. "You think you can hold aggro over me? Did you forget that I'm a tank? I'm not the little pipsqueak you met during Nemean Lion anymore. I'm approaching the third tier fast than I thought I would. I might not be the greatest tank in Aincrad, but this snake has got nothing on me. I don't like it, but I'll deal with it and give Night an earful for bringing me on this quest for a third time after it's dead. So lead the way."

Yuki thought it would be best to let Oscar take the lead so that Night could keep an eye out for the danger noodle. Once it was found, he and Yuki could jump on it and weaken it's safe guard. By the time Oscar gets around to make his second attack, it should be vulnerable.

Yuki was rather indignant in response to his attempt to soothe her nerves. This prompted him to take a look at her health value. His eyes widened in shock when he noticed her health and level. He hadn't really paid much attention as it had seemed like just yesterday that Oscar was praying that a lioness didn't take a plug out of her hide. "Holy hell. Level 38. You've been eating your Wheaties, haven't ya?" Oscar smiled widely. He felt bad for treating her like a noob when she clearly wasn't anymore. Even so, he'd really need to focus up to make sure that she didn't become a snake snack. Even if she took an aggro lead, a solid Fallen proc or two would bring the thing down really quickly. Then, he got an idea. "If you're worried about being paralyzed, I can let you borrow my coat. It has Paralytic Immunity so that might make this whole thing more palatable for you."

Ah, so the two had met before after all. Nemean Lion? She'd have to talk to her informants about information on that quest, see how interesting it would be to take on. The player winced as Yuki commented about telling her off, though, and she let a small grumble escape her in a rumble, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. "If it's any consolation, I now owe you two trips to Elphaba's tower. It'd be easier for you to lord that over me..."

When Oscar mentioned having a paralytic immune piece of equipment, NIGHT found herself agreeing to her paladin friend taking it up. "Same here." She turned around to look at Yuki, clarifying what her prompt had meant. "I had it on too the last time we were after this thing, but it didn't seem bothered with me during then. But I think it might soothe you better with it on."

@Zajcica

As much as she wanted to take up the offer of paralytic immunity, if she removed any of her gear she was wearing without a proper replacement of the same piece, she would be taking much more damage than she felt comfortable with. Her armor and her familiar buff were the primary sources of her Damage Mitigation. She shook her head. "No I'm fine. If I have to equip something I'm not suited to wear, my mitigation will take a severe turn for the worse. I think it's better I be ready to take the damage and help you guys deal damage through thorns and what not. I may have sat out Nemean Lion, but that's because I would have surely died. No need to worry about me so much, just let me keep you safe with my abilities."

The paladin gave them both a smile to reassure them that she was going to be okay. "Well, the longer we stand around here, the longer I have to smell this disgusting swamp."

Spoiler

Oscar 1210/1210 HP | 118/118 EN | 19 DMG | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 25 MIT | 12 FLN | 36 BRN [BD8-10] | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | 2 REC [+6 EN] | 7 LOOT DIE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 0/2 | 60 BH
Danger Noodle Hunt Roll 
ID: 151736 LD9+7 Hebinishu located

"You're right Yuki. You'll have to forgive me for being a little over-the-top with the concern. Last quest we did together could have gone really badly. Still kinda feel bad for that one, I guess." Yuki had the right of it though. The sooner they killed this snake, the sooner they could leave. If there was anything worse than dry hot, it was wet hot. The humidity of the swamp was quite uncomfortable. Oscar couldn't conflate his disdain for the heat with Yuki's unease with snakes, but it didn't mean that he wanted to hang out on this floor any longer than absolutely necessary. So, they struck out into the swamp, searching high and low for a giant snake. As it turns out, a giant snake isn't that hard to find. Oscar caught a glimpse of its hulking form slithering out of a nearby body of water. "There she blows! Let's wreck it up." Tesseleth's Fury spun up into his hand. He wasn't in a good position to swing right now, so he would need to leave that to NIGHT and Yuki.

Stepping into that water? NIGHT balked at that idea. She'd been on the quest multiple times and still she hadn't exactly treaded the lake Hebishinu resided in. Didn't it also have that safeguard too? So it would be better to conserve her energy...

The more NIGHT thought about it, the more disgusted she started to become. And her party was waiting for her to take a move, too. With a groan, she darted forth, pulling out a familiar crystal from her tracksuit's pockets. Her thumb ran over the outline of the phoenix etched into the crystal, and for a moment she prayed to it for luck. Then, she yeeted the damn thing into the water, hoping its noise would call Hebishinu over to their side of its home.

Surprisingly, her plan worked out.

With a plonk, the recording device fell into the water, sending ripples across the water's calm surface. And Hebishinu's head snapped over to the trio who would dare challenge it -- again, for the third time this week.

One strike, one move as it got close enough to hit. NIGHT summoned her blade and struck at its skin fast, just enough to hear its protection shatter under her light carve.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

Free Action: Using [T2E1] [ref] Marche Funèbre (1) -- [ Lullaby I | Instant | -1 EVA to one enemy for one battle. ] on Hebishinu.

ID: 151737 | BD: 9 (5, +3 +1) LD: 27 (18, +9) 
Basic Attack vs Hebishinu. (-1 SAFEGUARD)

Hebishinu | HP: 600/600 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 140 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 100 | BD10: TOXIC/PARA | SAFEGUARD [1/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 95(-1)/96 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | LD: 9 | RECOVERY: 2 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARA IMMUNE | TAUNT
[0] Zajcica | HP: 820/820 | EN: 76/76 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36
[0] Oscar | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 118/118 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 60 | LD: 7 | RECOVERY: 6 | FALLEN: 12 | BURN: 36 | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 0/2

As the Hebi came into view the paladin got something of a tail between her legs. This thing continued to instill fear in her like nothing else in this world ever had. It was such a basic enemy compared to something like Byakou or the lizard in the colosseum. Summoning her lance and shield from her pocket dimension, Yuki hid behind the piece of steel, trying to keep herself calm.

As Night made her first attack, the snake turned directly to her. It hissed angrily at the knight and lunged at her with its maw wide open. Luckily it's attack was just off and Yuki jumped in trying to impale it. The slime that covered it's body made attacks basically ineffective, but still she had gotten it's attention enough to keep it off of Night. As long as she could do that, she wouldn't be worried about how this turned out. She could just cry afterwards.

@Oscar @NIGHT

image.thumb.png.b0bcf9fced6eafe2c0ff49b9d5b17619.png

Hebishinu | HP: 600/600 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 140 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 100 | BD10: TOXIC/PARA | SAFEGUARD [0/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 95/96 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | LD: 9 | RECOVERY: 2 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARA IMMUNE | TAUNT
[3] Zajcica | HP: 820/820 | EN: 75/76 (-1) | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36
[0] Oscar | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 118/118 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 60 | LD: 7 | RECOVERY: 6 | FALLEN: 12 | BURN: 36 | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 0/2

Edited by Zajcica
Spoiler

Explode Catapult vs Hebinishu ID: 151955 LD14+7 BD6+4+1 Deal 334 DMG

Hebinishu attacks Yuki ID: 151956 BD7+2+1 Deal 36 DMG Take 36 Thorns Damage

Hebishinu | HP: 236/600 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 140 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 100 | BD10: TOXIC/PARA | SAFEGUARD [0/2]

[2] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 95/96 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | LD: 9 | RECOVERY: 2 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARA IMMUNE | TAUNT
[3] Zajcica | HP: 784/820 [-36] | EN: 75/76 (-1) | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36
[1] Oscar | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 106/118 [-12] | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 60 | LD: 7 | RECOVERY: 6 | FALLEN: 12 | BURN: 36 | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 1/2

With Safeguard down, it was Oscar's moment to shine. He rushed in. Or, rather, rushed in as quickly as his little feet would let him given how convoluted the terrain was. Once he got close to the snake, he swung Tesseleth's Fury with all of his might. An ink-black aura erupted around the axe's obsidian edge. On contact, a burst of pure darkness was triggered from the point of impact, bringing the snake down well below half health. However, even though Oscar had just wreaked absolute havoc on the creature's vitality, it was focused solely on Yuki. It coiled around the small Paladin, lashing out blindingly fast. Its fangs sank deep into Yuki's armor. It let out a loud screech and then recoiled violently. Apparently, her armor had spikes. And those spikes were uncomfortable. The thing would think twice about trying to swallow the Hedgehogadin in the future. "Yeah ****er, she's really spicy ain't she?" Oscar taunted the creature for some odd reason.

Another blinding strike by their paladin, shattering the snake's safeguards. With that break, and Oscar's decimation, the beast's health was brought down to a sickly orange with one blow -- a most impressive feat. The difference in power still shone between a Tier 2 and a Tier 3 player, it seemed, all NIGHT had to do was reach out and grab it.

That would happen... soon. Hebishinu itself gave pretty good experience so far. No doubt she would be able to ascend in time.

When she'd ducked and rolled out the way of the serpent's quick lunge earlier, she'd dropped her weapon to the dirt. Jack's Executioner was dead weight when it was in her hands, only properly in use when she was attacking with it rather than defending herself. An odd shift, NIGHT noticed, as she pulled her blade from empty space to conduct it down upon Hebishinu's back. But then again, she wasn't alone as of recent anymore. No need to pull double duty when she could specialize.

@Zajcica

Spoiler

ID: 151958 | BD: 12 (8, +3 +1) | LD: 29 (20, +9)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Hebishinu.
21 * 13 = 273 DMG | 273 - 100 = 173 DMG

Hebishinu | HP: 63/600 (-173) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 140 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 100 | BD10: TOXIC/PARA

[4] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 87/96 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | LD: 9 | RECOVERY: 2 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARA IMMUNE | TAUNT
[3] Zajcica | HP: 784/820 | EN: 75/76 | DMG: 5 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36
[1] Oscar | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 106/118 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 60 | LD: 7 | RECOVERY: 6 | FALLEN: 12 | BURN: 36 | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 1/2

The paladin worked around what the others were doing, both trying to wittle it down from the center of it's body away from the head. Suddenly, she was surrounded by the coil of the snake's body. No way to run from it's attack she did her best to hold her shield and protect herself. It's maw chomped down on the paladin's arm and she nearly lost her [censored]. "Nai, nai, nai-!" She screamed until the pricks of her thorns got it to let go of her appendage. A deep breath to calm her down and then another strike to keep up her taunt on the boss and everything would be fine.

Just as she went to make her attack, the snake seemed to disappear into the bog of the water, that or Yuki just couldn't find it. That made her even more nervous than before. The feeling you get when you see a spider on your wall, you go to grab a shoe and the spider is gone when you get back. Yeah, that feeling.

image.thumb.png.88f12df27c914f42e62ab0e386b0820a.png

Hebishinu | HP: 63/600 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 140 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 100 | BD10: TOXIC/PARA

[4] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 87/96 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | LD: 9 | RECOVERY: 2 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARA IMMUNE | TAUNT
[4] Zajcica | HP: 784/820 | EN: 75/76 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36
[1] Oscar | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 106/118 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 60 | LD: 7 | RECOVERY: 6 | FALLEN: 12 | BURN: 36 | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 1/2

Edited by Zajcica
Spoiler

Explode Catapult vs Hebishinu ID: 151960 LD10+7 BD6+4+1 Deal 334 DMG

Hebishinu | HP: 0/600 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 140 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 100 | BD10: TOXIC/PARA

[4] NIGHT | HP: 990/990 | EN: 87/96 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 21 | LD: 9 | RECOVERY: 2 | BURN: 24 | BLIGHT: 24 | PARA IMMUNE | TAUNT
[4] Zajcica | HP: 784/820 | EN: 75/76 | DMG: 6 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 104 | DoT Restst: 25%+25%(1st proc) | Thorns: 36
[1] Oscar | HP: 1210/1210 | EN: 95/118 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 60 | LD: 7 | RECOVERY: 6 | FALLEN: 12 | BURN: 36 | VAMP-DEF | PARA IMMUNE | -3 EN Cost [Finesse] | -1 EN Cost 2/2

The snake, having retreated into the water, thought it was safe. It thought that it could earn itself a brief reprieve from the pain the party was dishing out. And, it might have been correct. Oscar wasn't about to dive into the murk and go hunting a giant snake in its element. But, he also knew exactly where the snake would be in about five seconds. For you see, Yuki had done a great job in angering the creature. All he needed to do was wait in her general vicinity. And wait he did. Until, eventually, the surface of the water started to swell. Like a bullet, the snake lashed out. Jaws open wide, it lunged towards Yuki. But instead of biting down on a small pink-haired paladin, it got a mouthful of Tesseleth's Fury. Jaws snapped down around the obsidian blade. There was a flash of confusion in its eyes as it tasted stone, not flesh. Oscar looked into one of the large yellow eyes of the snake with an evil grin, both hands holding fast to his weapon. "Bye bye," he said in a cheery tone. At that, Tesseleth's Fury exploded in a burst of dark energy. Inside of the snake's mouth. Its head immediately shattered like glass, quickly followed by its body. Oscar let out a small sigh and flashed a bright smile towards Yuki. "I got you Yuki," he said.

With the demise of Hebishinu, NIGHT let out a held breath and promptly let her soul bound blade fade back into her inventory. "See? What'd I tell you Yuki -- You were going to be alright." A part of NIGHT wanted to believe in the power of exposure therapy, though knowing how Yuki continued to quiver at the sight of large hulking beasts that certainly would've eaten her alive given the chance, she doubted that it was working.

But she still, really wanted that consumable.

"I don't suppose this is... uh... too early for me to ask for your drops now...?" The player gave her party a winced smile, pulling up her inventory to make sure the treasure was with her. Yup, there it was. "I'll pay for it if you want, Oscar -- though, I doubt col even means anything to you at this point." If the man could live without 200,000col for a good week or two...

@Zajcica

The girl flinched as the snake emerged from the water unexpectedly, dropping her weapon into the water and grasping her shield with both hands. She cowered behind the hunk of steel, trying not to peak around it. A few seconds went on until she heard Oscar's voice. "Bye bye." The paladin looked past her shield just in time to see the snake's head explode, the force of the explosive blow nearly sending her to her back end in the mud. It took a few seconds, but Yuki sighed and relaxed herself, finally dropping her turtle-like guard at Oscar's comment.

"I-I'm fine..." The girl blushed, trying now not to show how scared she was to her friends. "Uh... yeah, here you go Night." The girl said taking the quest item from her inventory and passing it on to her best friend. "Can we take a break on the snakes now that you have a few please? Let's go kill something else already..."

@Oscar @NIGHT

Spoiler

Transferring quest item to Night

Oscar just shrugged and passed the item to NIGHT. "You're good. I got to tick this quest off of my list. That's all I wanted." Then, he turned his attention back to Yuki. Clearly, the girl had come a long way since his last outing with her. He cracked a smile and gave her a light tap on the shoulder with his fist. "Don't worry Yuki. Next time I call you, it'll be for something much less terrifying. Like a dragon or something. Does it count as a snake if it has wings?" Oscar chuckled and headed off back towards the town on his own, throwing up his hand to say goodbye to his two friends. "Make sure you give Yuki a break NIGHT. I'll catch you at the Guild Hall sometime." Oscar hoped that his abrupt departure would also give NIGHT and Yuki the idea to head back to town. After all, it was only a matter of time before Hebishinu respawned. Somehow he didn't think Yuki would find that a particularly-enjoyable turn of events.

It was just like Christmas, except this time people remembered her birthday. Two extra consumables? What a joy.

"I'll try!" NIGHT waved Oscar farewell, watching the man trek back into the forest. Though, as his form left, the woman closed her eyes, forming a wry smile. No promises though...

She returned the Serpent's Tongues to her inventory, before waving Yuki along. "What about that witch you keep wanting to hunt down? Sounds like a fair deal, if you'd asked me." NIGHT's arms slung around the back of her own head as she began following down her senior's path, ducking and weaving through the foliage. "After all, we keep fighting this snake boss and I'll never be able to clear that debt of mine to you. Besides, it'd be nice to take a break from this forest."

A splash of water later, the player not noticing where she was stepping, and her trainers were covered in muddy water -- again. NIGHT stopped, sighed, and continued onwards, faster this time.

"I really need to take a break from this forest."

Thread Summary

[Total]
+ 2SP
+ 153col/participant

Oscar
+ 3SP

NIGHT
+ Serpent's Tongue (3)

Spoiler

[Quest Rewards]
+ 20col/participant | 60col = 15 * 4 | ID: 151961