[F1-PP] Along the Street Sidewalk Fair [Feeding the Enemy]

Parading around through the market stalls to see what they had to offer, simply out of boredom and a bit of free time to spare while the girls were doing their part organizing the black odyssey while Sam oversaw business. This gave her some time to spare and this was how she was choosing to spend it. "Greetings miss can I interest you..." she raises a hand and with a flare of her eye in a golden hue, she activates her apprisal and quickly glances over what he had to offer. "No, I'll have none of your trash, ta ta." she galavants with a sway away as the player begins to take a redder tone, becoming flush with anger. "What a droll day..." she exclaimed taking a seat on the rim of the fountain, sprawling out a bit and stretching rather long slender legs in her merchant's yukata. "As usual, these tiny stands have nothing interesting." she remarked with a lean and the long black hair pouring from her head to one side as she placed her chin to her hand.

Simmone Consumes: LD +4 (Food/Kitchen'd), Familiar Song (+2 LD), Pheromone (+1 CD), Spyglass Charge [2/3] Remaining

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Lotus
Level: 18
HP: 360/360
EN: 36/36

Stats:
Damage: 1
Evasion: 1
REC:2
LD:9 (11)

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Armor: Embrace of the Lotus [T1/Perfect/LA] (2 Recovery, 1 Eva)
Misc: Familiar Lure [T1/Rare/Trinket] (Expertise: Search)

Skills:
Searching [Rank 1] +1 (Expertise)
Picking [Obtained]
Energize [Obtained]

Mods:
Hyperactive
Dismantling

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Assassin could easily navigate these streets by now. She had lived on this floor ever since the game began, and ever since she's learned to burst her speed the way she has, she could get anywhere that she wanted with ease. The stalls that were open right now mostly served snacks of their own creation. Usually it was other players trying to improve their cooking skills. Other NPCs would sell more traditional foods and some other oddities.

Walking along the strip, Assassin attempts to find her lunch. Anything that looked sweet and wasn't too expensive would work for her. Fro some reason, it was hard to find something like that though. Looking over the stalls as she walked, she didn't even see the person in front of her. A light thud hit the dark haired woman, Assasssin fell to her back end. "Oof- Oh, sorry miss. I was n't looking where I was going." She said getting up off the ground with a spring and smile.

Spoiler

Name: Assassin
Level: 20
HP: 400/400
EN: 40/40

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Kami Sori: DMG: III
Armor: Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Misc: Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I

Skills:
Dagger [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter - No rank

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1

The city was quite a bore, the people here seeming to aimlessly wander about akin to mice in a maze. she was caught daydreaming when a small child falls into her before bouncing upon the stonework. Perhaps that more interesting activity had fallen into her lap, she looks down at the small framed girl that had so brashly bumped into her with aimless travel. Before she would have snapped, but time had a way of bringing about a more relaxed approach after dealing with the world's worst buffoon most others seemed tame in comparison. "Careful dear, you almost lost that which you had paid for." Simmone says in a soft and heavy french accent, dropping a hand for the girl to use as leverage to stand. She looked rather torn up, especially for a girl of her appeared age but Simmone wasn't one to pry into one's personal affairs without knowing them.

"I'm alright!" The girl said stabilizing herself with Simmone's hand and giving the much taller woman a smile. She checked the food that she had collected to make sure that it wasn't ruined, after ensuring it was fine, she looked back up to the Black Cat. "Sorry again. I got distracted by all the foods."

It was then that the girls pet came around the corner and moved between her and Simmone. It growled a little until Assassin pet its head with her free hand. "Come on Hyou, be nice for a change. She's not a meanie so you don't have to be mean to her." With that, the familiar stopped it's growl and returned to the child's side. "Good girl." Breaking off a piece of the food, Assassin gave the pet feline a treat for listening to her. "She can be protective, she won't bite you for no reason though, don't worry."

Helping Assassin to her feet, the difference in stature rather apparent given she was towering over her as her hair poured down over her face in a mass of black. "It's no bother my dear." A rather large looking beast comes and begins to furl in defense of the girl, massive for such a small character, it was truly staggering. Her mind raced back to the outside of the guildhall, a statement she brought forth in response to Fox. "Must be nice these pets, it's a beautiful beast. I've got a thing for cats." Simmone remarks pulling a small silver chain with a cat dangling upon it from the handle of her sword, showing it to the girl. "May I?" Simmone asked hoping she could pet the huge feline, reminiscent of what she had left in the real world and hoping to clutch that small missing piece if only for a moment.

Assassin looked down at her familiar. It gave her something of a docile stare, and moved forward a little, sitting just in front of Simmone. It's tail drifted over the stone in expectation of the much desired attention it was about to receive.

"Looks like she's fine with that, yeah. Go ahead. Her name is Hyou. It means leopard in Japanese. I found her alone in the wild without her parents, so I thought I should bring her along with me. I would have hated to think that if I left her there that she might end up getting hurt by some meanies." The Assassin started to eat her meal, if you could even call it that. It would be better to describe it as a snack. She watched intently to ensure that this stranger wouldn't do anything to her familiar. While she was safe in the towns, she wasn't sure if players could harm familiars or not.

She extends a soft hand, through the whitened fur it was divine. Simmone then begins to let out the most french baby talk ever "Your just a big ball of love, I could just shower you with the world." she exclaims running her hands through the coat on its neck. She fixes her posture and gives a sharp cough, having realized she had broken the facade of elegance she had usually portrayed before responding to Assassin "Hyoh? that's a wonderful name. It would have been a shame for something to befall her, so good on you." she pays the girl a smile "A repayment perhaps?" Simmone reaches into her sleeve and removes a blackened box containing her own meal, packed by the girls from the store. It was a rather complete spread of the world, contained like a bento but was clearly more diverse in origins. Placing it down and removing a pair of engraved chopsticks, having barely learned to use the damned things herself she offers the larger end to the girl.

The girl was glad to see that the woman's intentions weren't menacing. She came off as difficult to read so far, changing attitudes rather quick. At first, she felt like the woman was pretty intimidating but seeing as how Hyoh had warmed up to her so fast, she must be fine.

Looking at the chopsticks, Assassin's head nodded to the side. She'd seen the care taker make use of chopsticks but she had never use them herself. She could probably copy it. Taking the elegant looking chopsticks in her hand she looked over the exquisite looking bento. This food looked better than anything that she had eaten in a long time. If her mouth could water it surely would. "Thank you miss!" The girl chimes as she tries to figure out how to use the Japanese utensils. She herself was Japanese as still had trouble figuring some things out. Her mind had been solely on surviving since she reached the orphanage.

With the utensils transferred Simmone slides over and allows the girl to dig in, having a bit of trouble getting the chopsticks to function. "Quite a pain isn't it, they are pretty commonplace so I figured I should learn how myself." she was a foreigner who had bought her way into this game, and in hindsight perhaps it was a mistake. She lets the girl have her fill with the food, hoping it would sate her belly as she watched some of the pathetic rabbles that composed this floor usher about, plain and without direction. Simmone couldn't help but fixate on the girls familiar, it was just something else. "I would love to have something like you, mind you at your size..." and she looks down at Assassin "she must eat so much." a question she probably knew the answer given Hyoh's stature being easy twice the childs size in comparison.

With a little bit of effort, Assassin was able to get some sort of bearing on the food in the bento. She wasn't really the best with them, dropping food back into the box trying to pick it up, but she at least ate with some mannerisms that was likely pretty uncharacteristic. Kaya didn't really strike anyone as the curt, clean type, but she seemed to understand table manners well enough.

Munching on the food, she looked down at Hyoh who was pressuring the raven haired merchant to continue giving her well deserved attention. Assassin's ears perk when Simmone brought up potentially taking her own familiar. She quickly changed the subject. "Why don't you get your own!" Her tone comes of nervously, but not in a harsh way. "I'm sure there's a kitty waiting for you to find, they want you to take them and love them with all your heart!"

Sitting comfortably and still tossing her hands with gentle strokes through Hyoh's hair, she was a bit reticent as she had no clue where to begin on such a task. "I suppose I would enjoy such an addition to my life, especially after Hyoh here reminds me so much of what I've missed in all this time away." she looked to Assassin with a smile who was still consuming her fill from the well prepared meal. "But I don't know where to start. It's not as if these things just show up in your lap." she comments as a small black and white cat leaps onto her thighs. "Uh... It's not like a million col just will rain from the sky!" she shouts, as the players around her pause at her decree. There is no col, as the cat looks up to her with widened miscolored eyes. "Hello there..." she hesitates to move, not wanting to startle it.

ID# 154670 results: Loot: 10+11=21, Familiar found!

download.png.443f1a1cbdfc60ad4be7e033ed6b8c53.png

Edited by Simmone

Assassin blinked not once, not twice, but four times as a random cat just jumped into the ladies lap. What was the luck that she would find a familiar so easily? That being said, Assassin beamed when she saw the adorable little feline she couldn't hold back her excitement. "Kitty!!" She got up from her seat and came over to pet the cat. If it  moved away from her, she would look a little upset.

Hyoh, being upset herself, moved between them however. Not liking that her master was taking a liking to any other cat than her. Assassin gave the fuzzy giant feline a hug and smiled. "You're my favorite kitty though, even more than Kimba." And with one last pet to Hyou, the girl sits back down, trying to finish off her bento box that Simmone had provided. "What are you going to name her miss?" The girl asked with a full mouth.

She hesitates for a moment, and then with a rather slow and subtle movement she places a hand upon its head. He reciprocates the affection stretching a moment under her grasp and pushing up into her. Simmone begins to glance him gingerly, making a comment on his gender. "Looks like he's male. I shall name him Felix." pulling a small bell from her pocket and affixing it rather strangely to a leather strap as a collar. He pays her no resistance and happily accepts, perching on Simmone's kneecaps he leans down toward Hyoh and pays a nyah toward the much larger cat with a playful pat. Hyoh being huge by comparison understands play, and knocks him off her leg. "Oh my" a bit alarmed but noticing Felix was fine and completely down with getting obliterated by the large paw, still trying to play with a cat easily three times his size. "Your very brave, or stupid."

ID# 154691 results: Craft: 10+1=11, Wow that was easy

Edited by Simmone

Hyoh herself had realized her mistake pretty quickly and pulled her punches for the next playful pat. She laid on her side and got comfy with her position whilst making playful jabs with the kitten. Or well, Felix was a kitten in comparison to her.

Assassin smiled as she watched the two play. It was nice to see Hyoh getting along with other animals and people. She hadn't had her long, but finding her familiar was one of the nicest things that had happened to her. "I like your familiar. He is really cute." She compliments as she stuffs her mouth with more food, marking the halfway point of her finishing the free bento. She was still making something a mess on her face, though she wiped it up somewhat quickly.

"I'm glad you were able to find something so easily as well, miss- Oh, wait, you don't even know my name." The girl thinks on it. Assassin was a less than pleasing name, so she would resort to what Ariel calls her. "You can call me Sin-chan."

Watching this cat continue to play with the much larger Hyoh with no fear despite the size difference, was interesting to say the least. But they seemed to be having fun at the very least, to the dismay of those around as they knock over a barrel of apples. "You'll be fine, walk it off dear." she speaks to the stall merchant before he is knocked off his feet by the much larger feline. "Ooh, uh maybe come back for the fruit." she tosses him a bag of coin, paying off the damage. "I think he will be a pleasant addition. Seems fortune smiles upon me, or perhaps you." Simmone pays her a grin, calling the girl a bit of a good luck charm. "I am Simmoné Gisellé Anabélla Floria Louisé Escheté the second, a formal introduction for one who has paid me such wealth." as she overs an ivory skinned hand to shake the girls "It's a pleasure Sin-Chan."

Whosawhatnow. Assassin looked at the woman with a perplexed expression. How the heck was she supposed to remember a name like that? She couldn't even remember Nee-chan's name without having to think on it for a good second. She choked down the food and gave her an awkward smile. "uh.. I won't remember that." She put it as plainly as she could. If Simmone wanted to be adressed by anything but 'Miss' she was going to need a shorter name.

Hyoh chased the smaller cat around the market place, rather uncharacteristic of her. Hyoh is normally lazy when she doesn't have to keep up with Assassin. Seems like having a new friend would really help her get around more. Sin was a little nervous that Hyoh might accidentally crush Felix at this point if she wasn't careful though, so she kept an eye on the situation of the feline familiars.

She understood that her true name would be a bit much, given most adults could hardly remember it either. "Most call me either Lotus or the Black Cat, those should be much easier to remember. Either would be fine." Simmone responds as Felix moves back to her side on the rim of the fountain, panting heavily and licking its paw and rubbing one of his ears. She begins to pat him softly a bit interested if he had some function like Fox's familiar then perhaps it would become known in time. For now she was fully content with him just existing, lifting him into her lap and stroking him under his neck with a softened look with her hair pouring over him and a rather content looking stare. Hyoh moves in as well and Simmone was in utter bliss, scratching Felix and parading a hand over her much larger head.

Assassin herself takes a seat next to her familiar with Simmone. She seemed to be done with the bento despite not finishing the entire thing. Luckily she hadn't wasted it though, most of the contents were gone. Her hand streaked through her familiar's fur, a soft cloud of fluff. With a smile, she looked up to the Lotus.

"Neko-chan it is." She simplifies it in her native language. Neko was a pretty common, easy and cute word to remember. "If you don't know very much Japanese, it just means cat." She explains, thinking that she might not be versed enough in her language to understand.

Even though her master was giving her all the necessary attention, Hyoh still seemed to be enjoying the attention that she was getting from Simmone. Though, Assassin was still her top priority, Simmone was easy to get a long with. Her affection for felines came in handy here. Maybe that was why Felix had just come out of nowhere and sit in her lap.

Peeling up the relatively empty container to which Felix snags a piece with a hooked paw like a spoon. He eats with a bit of clicking chops as Simmone adds the lid to it. "That will do fine. Sin-chan" Simmone smiles as Felix begins to pur with the contact from Assassin's clutches. It was a simple understanding between the two players, an age and stature difference meant little for they had a mutual affinity for felines. A chance encounter that was more than welcome, making a rather droll day much more interesting. Taking the chopsticks and the box and returning them into her sleeve in an elegant yukata, it vanishes inside seeming to be stored somehow. "It was a blessing to find you here today, quite the little good luck charm. Light to a rather empty day. I cant wait to see what Felix is capable of, what does Hyoh do?" she asked recalling Gaius and Fox, an attempt get the gist of the scope of possibility.

Assassin looked down at Hyoh, who looked over to her questioningly. "Um, what do you mean? Hyoh just kind of scares off the meanies when they try to be mean to me." It was obvious that the girl was unaware of the benefits that a familiar could hold if one trained it correctly. Trying to change the conversation on to something else, Assassin smiled to her new friend and Felix.

"Can me and Hyoh hang out with you guys for a little longer? She looked like she was having a lot of fun with the kitty. Maybe they could play a little bit longer before we split up." She offered. Hyoh seemed to be enjoying that idea standing up from her sitting position and rubbing it's heavy, fluffy frame against Assassin's leg. "Plus, maybe I can thank you some how for the food you gave me. People don't really just give me stuff like that."

Spoiler

Rewards:

Quest 1(Simmone); 1 page; 1 event
Col: 200 per player
Simmone unlocks a familiar.