[PP-F22] <<Ugzeke The Mighty>> The Guest in the List

As they arrived at Yuki's house, Crozeph offered the kotatsu where they could sit while Yuki changes her clothes. "Whenever I'm not in your estate I stay here, it's a nice place just like yours," he told him "I'll go get some tea for us." It took him a few minutes but Crozeph managed to brew some for the three of them. As he placed the teapot and three cups on the table he began telling Baldur of why he invited him for this, the quest was already a less challenging one for Baldur and Crozeph just wanted to tell him about something about him and Yuki.

It was a bit awkward for him but at this point, he just wants to let Baldur know of their decision, also to invite him whether to officiate or be there for him. "I'm cutting the chase, Yuki and I are planning to get married," he told him. "It might sound surprising to you knowing how I am with people but it's true, we're gonna prepare for it soon and do the ceremony after the floor boss fight," he said as he smiled, it felt good to tell him about it. "You're the only person who kinda always finds me when I'm lost, literally and figuratively so Yuki and I decided to invite you for our wedding." Baldur was indeed one of those people who finds him when he's at his worst and he always will be grateful for what his now sensei always did for him.

• 2 months later...

Baldur was impressed when he saw Yuki's house. It was a style after his own heart, and immediately he not only saw the draw for Crow, but also felt more at home himself here.

"Your home is beautiful, Yuki-chan." Baldur gave her a warm, endearing smile.

While she went to go change, Baldur and Crow settled into the kotatsu, but nothing would have prepared Baldur for what came next. He was floored by Crow's revelation, but so happy for him at the same time. The shock and joy mingling on Baldur's face.

"Crow-kun... I... wow..." He leaned back onto his hands as he considered the news, "You've come such a long way since Empress-chan and I practically dragged you from your shop on that dark floor." He shook his head in amazement.

"I am so happy for you, for you both. Of course I'll be at your wedding!" The surprise still hung around Baldur, but the smile on his face only grew the more he thought about it.

"It will be nice to have something to celebrate on the other side of the floor, too."

Yuki was never one to get nervous, but confronting an enemy she can't deal with head on was one way to get her anxiety going. Baldur was a good friend to Crozeph and while she could easily show off her prowess as a tank on the battlefield, she wasn't sure how to present herself to Baldur. He seemed well engrossed with her culture, so hopefully if she just stayed her usual self, no one would have objections.

Donning the beautiful pink kimono that she was accustoming herself to at this point, the paladin took a few deep breaths and headed through the sliding door that lead into the kitchen. She quickly made sure that the restaurants doors were locked up and hung a sign. "Private Party for the night. Shop will be open in the morning. -Zajcica"

Walking over to the conjoining dining room and kitchen, Yuki smiled at Baldur. "Thank you for your kind words of my estate. Make yourself at home and let me know if there's anything that you need."

Recalling Baldur wanting to taste Yuki's favorite dish, she realized that she didn't really have one. She loved all kinds of food thanks to her mother's influence. Enjoying spending time with her was one of the reasons that she loved it so much. That being said, she still had to pick something. The first thing that came to mind was noodles, but that was too bland. She needed to really surprise them with something amazing. That's when the idea of a steak meal would pop in her headKobe Steak.

With her mind made up, the paladin got started cooking. "How do you boys like your steak, and would you like sauce?" She asked without even looking up from her work.

"Yeah I've come a really long way from being a hikikomori in Yomi, I wasn't even expecting it" he told Baldur. Yuki appeared and served them steak, enjoying the rest of the day inside her house "I can tell that you're really liking the place, I did too when I first saw it. Reminds me of simple times during vacations" he took a bite off the steak and savored the taste of it. As expected he always liked Yuki's cooking and he'll never get tired of reminding himself of how homely it feels to actually eat good food. 

"You could say that Yuki's determination was like a freight train and I sort of rode along with it, a little weird for me but it worked well" he took another bite "a lot of things happened but I'm glad all is well with us" the wedding might be a bit too fast for others but Crozeph wanted to secure it and let Yuki have a life with the one she loves. "We sort of thinking about whether you'd officiate the wedding since we don't know anyone who could also" he told him, it seemed like Crozeph was thinking hard about it for some time now, he wasn't familiar with things like this yet he wanted to make it right for his soon to be wife.

"Oh, I would like my steak medium rare." The gaijin samurai said with a smile; he would be salivating, but that wasn't a thing in here. Steak was his favorite, but certainly not what he expected here." And no sauce for me."

The man gave Crow a lopsided smile when he related that Yuki had been an unstopable force, and he had merely ridden in her wake. That seemed so very like Crow. Though it seemed she had managed to bring him along not just down her path, but down his own path as well, and that was a delight to see.

But then came the question that sent Baldur reeling just after he had gotten his feet back under him.

"You want me to officiate the wedding?" He was floored, and overjoyed, "I would love to!" He beamed a smile at one, and then the other.

"I am so honored you came to me with this! I am so happy for you both!" He didn't know if he could eat any longer, since he was so excited. He'd need to think about it a lot, since it had been a very long time since he had officiated a wedding. At least before they got trapped in here, but a while before that as well.

"Thank you, you have made an old man's heart smile."

Delivering the order that was made, which was really just dinner but still felt like an order for in the moment since this was a place of work for her, Yuki set the plates down and plopped down across the way from Baldur with Crozeph at her side. When Crozeph mentioned the reason they had invited him, she herself was rather annoyed with his delivery of the question.

"Crow! Have a little more formality! This is a big deal and why are you comparing me to a train?!" She cleared her throat and gave a slight bow as she spoke. "Sensei, we would be honored to have you as our officiate for the wedding. If you decide that you want to do so, I have only two requests. My first one is that the wedding stay in a Japanese Formal Theme. The second is that I am allowed to do the catering for the wedding myself." When she was done speaking she raised her head back up and smiled at him. Expressing his want to do so made Yuki beam.

"Thank you! We are just as honored to have you! Even in this desperate situation, I'm glad we can all find times like these where we can smile and just celebrate the one thing that means so much to all of us in this game: Our lives. Our bodies may be digital and we may be trapped in a deceptive prison, but I want everyone to see that we're still alive. We can still smile and be happy." Yuki takes some light sauce and drizzles it on her steak, taking a happy bite out of it.

Crozeph chomped down on his steak like a kid. He felt relieved that Baldur took the offer and that Yuki is also on board with it, finally things are all set for the two of them." B-but am I wrong? I mean you mowed down mobs and quests like there's no tomorrow..." he took another bite and looked at them both "...well I sort of suck at formalities like this, I remember sitting quietly in a corner whenever my parents take me to formal events in Japan and..." he placed his hand on the table as he also wanted for Yuki's request to be done "weddings are one of the greatest memories a person could have and I want for Yuki to remember it so well along with the people who are there with us, being trapped here is no excuse not to have that opportunity" he told Baldur "you know how I always pursued being alone but now I want to remember it all from when I I went to her shop to our wedding and what comes after it" he added.

"... and also, you're not that old, just more matured than us..." he took another bite "... especially me."

Baldur quirked a smile at Crow when he insisted that the gaijin samurai wasn't too old, just more mature. His blue eyes danced playfully as his smile touched his eyes when he looked from one to the other. He took another bite of the steak, which was cooked perfectly to his liking.

"This is delicious Yuki-chan, thank you."

Once he had finished his meal he leaned back and took in the sights of the two of them. Playing with one another, teasing one another, he could see the attraction between the two of them. He was glad they had the opportunity to go on an adventure before he knew that this was the plan, so he could see it grow organically in his eyes.

"I see no problem with your conditions. It's your wedding after all, you should do whatever you want with it."

Baldur did want to get married himself some day, but with the world the way it was, that wasn't on the table for him. He would just conduct himself the best he could, and inspire and mentor everyone that he could. He was pleased to see his old friend doing so well.

"So, ceremony after the floor boss fight. I'll work on some preparations, and then we can sit down again to discuss some of the finer details."

He folded his hands on the table and leaned forward again, "I am so excited."

• 2 weeks later...

Excitement welled up in Yuki so much so that she couldn't even focus on her food. She was glad that Baldur would not only agree to the sentiment, but also be as excited as her for the wedding. She rested her hands in her lap and smiled to Baldur.

"I'm really glad that we have you with us for such a special moment. The floor boss battle can't come quick enough. We'll send it to oblivion together and mark a special achievement in the game with a special moment for me and Crozeph in our lives. Not only do I want to make Crozeph happy, but I want to see everyone leave this game together. I'll do my best on the front lines." Baldur seemed like someone who was very experienced with fighting on the front and she wanted be ready for it. "I hope I live up to the expectations that I and other people have for me.

Everything for their wedding was all set, the place, guests, and someone to officiate it. Crozeph might be acceptive about it but he still couldn't believe "I'm getting married soon" he thought to himself. Who was once a vagabond player in Aincrad now has a fiance, something he wasn't expecting but somehow wanted. It's like two birds in one stone for the day, they get to finish a quest and finalize one of the important part of their wedding. Now it might be done inside the game but it wasn't a game for him, he knew the significance of these things especially for Yuki and so he must be decisive or else everything will fall apart for both of them.

The three continued with their meal, with Crozeph being the glutton asking for seconds, Yuki who seem to worry about his eating habits, and Baldur who still admires the place and its aesthetic. The day is over and things are accomplished, tomorrow they start anew again but with the same goal in mind, survived and find a way out of cage they're in.

Thread Summary

1 SP [thread completion] + 3 SP [quest] + 1 [farewell bonus] = 5 SP [Yuki, Baldur, Crozeph]
400 col thread completion = 150 col [Baldur and Yuki] 100 col [Crozeph]
Troll's Blood [quest rewards]

Edited by Raidou
Approved via Raidou