[F3-PP] Determined (Worn out Welcome)

Eruda awakes pretty early in the morning with the determination to get stronger. Make herself worthy to be called Raidou tank. Be strong enough to withstand anything that she would come up against. Rubbing her eyes she gets out of bed with a yawn and heads to the quest board in the beginning city from her shop. Sam was still sleeping as it was only 5:30 am in the morning. As she walks outside the sun has just begun to rise. Getting to the quest board she scrolls through the quests that could possibly be taken and a good portion seemed to look easy enough to do. Thinking for a moment, that maybe some of the other guild members might have the same thought she takes the quest Worn out Welcome. Closing the board out of her face she turns to the warp gate and enters floor 3 for this was where the intended quest was. She opens her HUD and enters the guild chat sending out an informed message saying:

I am looking to get stronger and the only way I can find to do so is to start nailing out these easy quests on the board. If anyone would like to come with me and do the same, meet me on floor 3. I will share the quest and party invite then for whoever will show. 

Eruda

With the chime of her HUD the message was sent. She sits on the edge of the fountain on floor 3 waiting for any takers who would like to come level with her.

Spoiler

Name: Eruda
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 45
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Having the HUD message go off after such a long time being inactive was still unnerving. He moved his fingers swiftly and looked at the information before him. "Leveling huh...?" The memories he had were patchy from the last time he had gone out to level. It seemed that the request was coming from a guild member. Guild member? He thought as he looked at his information. It seemed he was registered to Raidou's guild. A few blinks and the memory of Raidou was there but not much. This would be a good time to go visit and seek out these people since had been registered."Okay then."

His movements were quick as he managed to head toward the teleport gate. He registered his floor and was soon standing at the requested gate. Eyes wandered around at the movement of fellow players and the NPC players who were mulling around with each other. It seemed rather normal around the gate at least to his eyes. He opened the HUD once more and typed an answer to Eruda. I'm here. I'm dressed in red with white hair. that was all he had put as he had no idea what else to state since he hadn't been around for quite some time. 

Spoiler

Level 14: HP:280 Energy 28

Weapon: Jagged Fang
+2 DMG +1 Bld

Armor: Rose Prism
+ 1 EVA +2 MIT

Trinkets: Primrose Crose
+3 Loot Dice

Eye of Rain

+2 ACC +1 REC

Skills:
Dagger: Rank 3

Freyd was reading the quest board himself.  He always felt a bit weird walking around in this priest's cassock.  It was simply the first piece of fortunate gear he'd come across during his early outings.  People looked at him like he was a weirdo or fanatic.  The absence of a formal collar was almost always overlooked.  It meant that no one would expect him to be able to fight, which was a simultaneous benefit and drawback.  His tussled brown hair and matching eyes, and default blank facial expression made him the very model of the unremarkable.  

A few other players had gathered nearby.  Freyd took their gathering to suggest that there might be an open invitation to join.

"Excuse me," he asked, plainly.  He sounded bored.  "I don't suppose you're doing any of the quests on the lower floors?  I am looking to clear a few more off my list before moving on."

Spoiler

Name: Freyd
Level: 20
HP: 400/400
EN: 40/40

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 14
Accuracy: 2
SAVVY:1
HLY:2
KEEN:1
BLD:12

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Forgiven Disobedience (T1-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, BLD 1)
Armor: Enduring Guile (T1-LA, MIT 1, SAV 1)
Misc: Justicar's Vambraces (T1-Trinket, ACC 1, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potion (50 hp)*3
Teleport Crystals*2
Fish snack (+1 ACC)*1
Divinity's Wait (T1 Mit 3)*1
Liquor of Light (T1 DMG 3)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

A single message draws his attentions away from the sheet of paper in his hands, it was Eruda who had called the guild to action. Setting it down and cleaning his glasses for a moment, he transposes a piece in response. "I'll be there." it was short and sweet and designed to get a point across. His planning could wait for guild development would prove more useful. A slide of the chair and ripping his robe off of it around his shoulders, he claims the sword in its scabbard from the surface surrounded by slips of parchment. Removing a multicolored crystal from his pocket, shattering it in his hands with a destination in mind. A current causes some of the papers to shift and he is gone.

In the town of Delilah it was ripe with activity, he beats a path through the city past those who were seeking shelter within its walls. Through the grand fields of multicolored flowers, and honing down on the nav marker that was Eruda on his map. "Eruda..." Raidou responds with a affirmed word and a nod. "Kiluia my old friend, I am glad your not on the wall."

Raidou consumes a teleport crystal

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 52
HP: 1040/1040
EN: 104/104

Stats:
Damage: 17
Mitigation: 86
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 2
BH:52
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Teleport Crystal*1
Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Edited by Raidou

Eruda was sitting on the edge of the fountain wondering if anyone was going to show. A message pops on her HUD from one of the new guild members. With no words or responses, she looks around for the gentleman in red with white hair. Looking at each name that met the description she finds Kiluia looking around for her just as she was doing the same. Her nervousness starts to kick in as she was about to meet someone new. Walking to Kiluia her face reddens trying to make her words come out even. She has been working on communicating with others but given her past, it was still hard to do so. Taking a deep breath upon approaching Kiluia with her hands behind her back trying to keep them from shaking she says "I-i am Eruda. I am part of the V-v-vanguard Division in the guild. It's nice to meet a new face," Eruda says this with stuttering words and all she could think was DAM IT. She was trying so hard to not be scared of interacting with others but it was still there and she knew that she had more work to do. 

Another guy walks to the small gathering and Eruda freezes. She turns to the other person slowly hearing his word and she closes her eyes trying not to overload and run. She needed this and she knew this but it didn't mean it wasn't hard for her. She simple nods at the new guy. Then she opens her eyes to sees Raidou's approach and all she could think now was OH THANK GOD. Someone she actually knew. She knew her HUD chimed but she wasn't paying attention to whom had messaged her. Taking a deep breath now not wanting to disappoint Raidou she sends a party invite to all three people and a quest share turning to the new person that wasn't in the guild saying with soft words and slight stutter "I am E-eruda and we three are part of the Guild Firm Anima." Eruda thinks of Sam now as they had helped her in times of need. "We will be happy to have you join the q-quest," she says with a very small smile not wanting to show how nervous she was given that she knew none of these people but Raidou.

It wasnt before long he had met several individuals that greeted him. It was apparent he knew Raidou as his face began to fill in blank voids of partial memories. He clasped his hand and a sense of relief, the same  as when he was with Lessa, washed over him."Good to be alive again.." Eyes brightened a bit more as he glanced over to Freyd. 

"Hello. Yea. We were about to leave on one with my guild mate. Something I need  as well." He offered a polite nod of his head before listening to Eruda. This perso did not trigger anything familiar like Raidou did. Perhaps he did know  her or perhaps not. He would let time tell for the mean time if there were any events. A hand was extended to Eruda. "Kiluia Seiko. Call me Kil please. I am the assault captain, I believe. Or something to that extent." He was still  getting the logistics of his position  still prior to his absence. "I look forward to working with you." Then again, how could one forget a shy person like that.

"Oh, ummm... Freyd.  I'm Freyd." He added awkwardly.

"Thank you for the invitation."  His smile looked like there was an odd delay between his brain and his face.  It was oddly, robotic? His gaze stuck on Raidou for a moment.  He'd seen him somewhere before, but couldn't quite place it.

"Firm Anima, you say?  Forgive me, but I haven't had much of a chance to familiarize my--"  The silhouette of a small, feline head rose from his left shoulder.  It looked like a shadowy void with a pair of strange, brilliantly blue eyes.  The pupils were especially unusual, looking like horizontal slots.  Freyd paused and turned to look at it.

"Not now, Persi."  The head slunk back down silently, disappearing behind him.

"So, umm, I believe the quest giver is in this direction?"  He pointed down the street, and led the group in the appropriate direction.  As he so often did, Freyd had scoured every scrap of information he could about the quest, well in advance.

A pause for a moment for his old friend was regaining his footing, would be more than capable in no time. "Good to meet your Freyd, and Persi was it." Raidou comments with a softened composure looking him over and catching the desync between his body language and his expression. A turn to Kiluia "Correct my friend, the Assault Division will be glad to have you. The lead will pass in no time. Lead the way." looking to Freyd who seemed to have a solid head on his shoulders, this quest should be nothing more than a formality. "Lead the way." eager to see what he could do, an initiative was something that was not teachable so having a natural supply was nice to see in those aiming to develop themselves. A pass to Eruda, hopefully, she would pick up on what he was intending, allowing Freyd to take the lead would be ideal.

Taking a deep breath knowing that this wasn't going to be easy for her, she knew that this encounter with the other 2 players would be no different than what she had experienced with the guild members already she looks to Raidou as he passes her and watched Freyd walk ahead of the group seeming to know exactly what he was doing. Looking to Kiluia with a small nod and a half-smile Eruda turns to head to their destination. Eruda was trying to gain some form of leadership with these people but she didn't want them to think ill of her either. The only way to figure out if she could truly lead was to just do so. This would act as a learning curve for her, for when she goes out with the rest of the guild team she needs to have their respect, their absolute attention. With all this going through her head, she catches up with Freyd saying in brief words "Meet the blacksmith and wife, kill the elf, get materials for equipment. This quest seems simple but still be on your toes. Anything can happen...After this, we move to the next if you all are willing to join me again." saying this with words loud enough for the others to hear hoping she didn't sound too demanding.

Getting to the shop she walks in and has a conversation with the owners she picks a basic Mitigation item for them to craft. They tell her what they need and she nods toward them with confirmation and walks out. She slowly walks toward the destination waiting for the others to catch up.

His eyes met toward Freyd and he gave a slight wave to him. "Nice to meet you Freyd." His voice was light and cheery as he offered a smile toward him. Kil was putting on a show in front of the people he didn't know. He had no time to keep wallowing about the situation. "I'm looking forward to making positive movements to the guild, Raidou." He laughed a slight bit as he would be trying more than ever to catch up. His eyes soon wandered over to Eruda. It seemed her movements were slightly stiff as if it were her first time. Perhaps it was her first time and he was being a little harsh on her. He had no excuse himself as he frowned slightly . He had no room to judge anyone and he looked at Eruda again. "You doin okay? Do you need some assistance or anything? " He questioned her just only to help her with anything he could to make the quest go smoother. 

Freyd caught Raidou's meaning and watched without reaction as Eruda moved to take the lead.  He had no ambition for leadership, especially with a group of people he had just met from a guild he knew nothing about.  And so, he played dumb and let it all play out before him, keeping a naive little smile pasted on his face.  This suited him just fine.  Eruda was clearly trying to prove something.  To Raidou?  To herself?

"Why not just let her?" he mused.  

He nodded pleasantly at her cautionary instructions.  It was a wise approach, and she was clearly the tank, per her garb.  Freyd merely followed,  strolling along with his arms tucked behind him.  There was no need to draw his sword just yet - not likely at all, given the damage potential this group.  Kil's question and concern for Eruda caught his interest, and he watched for her reaction.  He might as well learn a bit more about these people and their guild as they mashed their way through content.  

A silent resonance as always, appearing aloof to most but in a constant state of deep thought. He kept in tow with the girl leaving it completely to the rest of the party to plan a course of action. An exercise for Eruda to prove herself, more as a show of confidence than anything else. She could lead this endeavor and perhaps it would offer her some stability in the choices she made having a few wins under her belt. Giving her the option to work with those she doesn't know would be even a further test, she could do this. "I expect great things from you, as before Kiluia. I have always had faith in you, you'll be a fine addition to Firm Anima once you regain your ability." he spoke with solidarity in tone, looking to him with reflected lenses. It was truly a feeling of euphoria having such a trusted comrade back.

Eruda turns to the others as Kiluia seems genuinely concerned about her. Was she really showing that much fear through her actions? They also seemed not too focused on getting the quest done due to how Eruda presented herself. They had not yet talked to the quest givers due to the lack of leadership she had shown. Looking to Kiluia with an answer to his concerns she tries to present her voice with more confidence saying "I will be fine," she looks to Raidou and sighs a bit in disappointment and comes clean to her words as Kiluia was now in the guild and she needed to trust that he understood her real intentions. Looking to Kiluia again with a calm true answer "I struggle with large groups of people that I do not know. I am trying my best to be a leader figure so that in combat with real threats, I have people who will stand behind me and trust that I know what I am doing. To listen when I need them to, so they can avoid harm's way. I am simply trying to be the shield in any enemy's way. So Kiluia, I will be fine." Eruda looks to Raidou, Freyd, and back to Kiluia with a deep breath now that she got that off her chest hoping that he would be okay with that of which she spoke. "Talk to Griswold and the wife and grab the information needed so that we can move forward," speaking to everyone who seemed to be staring at her now she turns and starts heading to the location intended.

Edited by Eruda

Seeing her brave her troubles gave him a little bit more confidence in her. After hearing Raidou speak highly of him, all he could do was do as expected and impress him further. Raidou had been one of the few people who had the ability to encourge him. The man had earned everyone's respect and showed the capabilities as well. 

W"Lets go. " He nodded as she lead the way. He would follow Eruda and the rest to the designated area. He woild do as told and be a blade to help support the group as much as possible. "Don't be afraid to ask for help, Miss Eruda. We are mates after all. I want you to depend on me as much as I depend on you too. " After witnessing her, he tried to brush away his own insecurities that plagued him since his return to this horrific world that they called home.

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

"I struggle with large groups of people that I do not know. I am trying my best to be a leader figure so that in combat with real threats,..."

He'd guessed Raidou's meaning correctly then.  Eruda lacked confidence as a leader.  Not all tanks needed to be leaders, but it often helped make their job easier.  He gave Raidou a knowing glance of acknowledgement when the other two were not looking.  A few well-placed suggestions and timely comments helped the group find Griswold's place with Eruda still in the lead.  

"You pulled us together, Eruda.  The choice of armor should be yours.  Might I suggest something symbolic or ceremonial - you can pull it out for special occasions in the future."  His offer made, Freyd stepped back to let her stand in spotlight.  He had no interest in that role himself.  Griswold and Hanna were already fawning over the rest of the party, admiring their gear and sundries.  It suited him just fine to wait out this part in the shadows.

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

He waited in silence, offering a mirrored nod and glance to Freyd in shared understanding. It would be up to Eruda to finish this up and he had faith she would be capable of doing it and it was pleasant that the others were offering her support in earnest, further augmenting what he was trying to impart. He knew that this quest would offer not an ounce of a threat to the group, just the sheer numbers would be sufficient alone. Allowing her to speak with the NPC's in question and then leading the charge to the next segment was ideal. A man in blackened armor hissed in as they approached in twisted tongues, completely in a made up language. As expected it was instantly hostile, but he would abstain and allow Eruda the first move, if he drew his sword it would erase the oppurtunity that she needed in one swing.

A light smile to both with a nod as she catches up to Raidou. She would think of what to actually make when she got back to the blacksmith's shop as Freyd gave her a few interesting ideas.

Getting to the location given, there was a dark elf in the distance that was hostile. It was walking around flinging his blade around like a lunatic. Knowing that it probably wouldn't do anything damage-wise to any of us, it was still the principle of the matter. She would make anything any everything smack her and only her. Eruda pulls her sword and shield out and focuses her eyes upon the creature. Taking a deep breath, she begins to feel warmer with each step she took. Small light blue flames begin to form under her feet as she gets closer. With that she glows blue for a moment and attempts to attack, dragging her sword across her shield, weapon glowing red. The creature's eyes widen as Eruda grins and quickly uppercuts it, ending its life with a burst of data. Putting her weapon on shield away as quickly as they came out she turns to the group after picking up the leather that it drops. "With that, we get this equipment made and finish the quest." Quick glance at Raidou as she smiles a bit and glances at the others.

Making haste past them to talk to Griswold and his wife. Having them make a solid form of light armor that she was sure not going to use but be passed to Sam or Simmone for breaking down later. She didn't have time to go to parties or enjoy a night herself with all the training that she will be doing. After a while the folks thank her and she walks out with a Mitigation 1 leather light armor. Putting in her inventory she walks to the others saying "It was really nice to meet you guys and I really hope that you continue to quest with me. I could use the backup and you guys could use the training and help yourself," with a smile painted on her face she looks to Raidou. "That includes you too" saying this in hopes that he would keep taking his time to join these quests that she would be taking to get just a bit stronger after each.

Gains uncommon Mitigation 1 light armor

ID# 155938 results: Battle: 6+1=7 Hits! vs Dark Elf dealing 3*4=12 Damage killing it!

Using Concentration

Eruda uses Bear Knock

Players:
Eruda | HP:420/420 | EN:42/42 | DMG:3 | MIT:45 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:1

Enemy:
[3,0,0,0]Dark Elf | HP:0/12 | DMG:9

Edited by Eruda

He watched the tank that was a tank previously run and destroy the monster with one hit. Was he needed in this quest? Not really but it was fun to tag along and ensure that there was safety in numbers. It was when he thought that, she had mentioned about questing more and doing things together. Normally, he was one to goof off and throw rocks in the river but today he felt like he was apart of a team. He enjoyed it and then looked at the other two."I don't mind helpin anyone out. I used to like to do things alone but it seems I wasn't exactly cut out for that." It was big for him to recognize that he wasn't able to do things by himself. He nodded at Eruda as acceptance of her hard work."Good work. I'm glad I was able to work with you. "He flashed them all a smile before looking around. 

"Was there anything else you needed assistance with?"

Freyd just shook his head at the absurd ease of these quests once you'd surpassed the level requirements.  But, training was training, and this was another one he could cross off of his list.

"Thanks for letting me tag along," he said, still chuckling.  "I'm looking forward to hitting some of the more complex stuff soon.  Let me know if you ever need a DPS in your ranks.  There wasn't really much chance to show what I can contribute here, all thanks to Eruda's pure awesomeness."  He gave her a wink with his final words.

"I'll be around if and when you need me."  Freyd waited politely for everyone to finish exchanging their final words, then made his way back towards the quest board.  Tier 2 was so close that he could nearly taste it.   Rumour had it that would be a bit of a game changer.  There was still a long road ahead, but he was looking forward to seeing where it might take him.

A quick and easy quest for the group, they return the armor piece to Griswold without a hitch with no further interruption. Raidou pays a nod to the group in response, but always had a list of matters which to attend to and today was no different. "If you ever need assistance as well Freyd, the offer extends both ways. If you need a tank I will do my best to assist you. Simply leave a request on any of the boards in town or seek out a member of Firm Anima to get in contact with me." he looks to the others "If you need me to contact me do so through the chat interface, I have an info broker to meet here soon so I should head to floor 22." he comments heading toward the settlement of the floor. Things were progressing along the dictated course, following the plans he had written and he couldn't feel more proud of those involved.

Spoiler

Quest Complete:

Eruda:

4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)

Leather Coat (T1/Uncommon/Light Armor): Mitigation 1

Kiluia:

200*Col (200 Thread Closure)

Freyd:

200*Col (200 Thread Closure)

Raidou:

Edited by Raidou