[F3-PP] Yet Another Off The List (Search for the Hoya)

Midday after finishing another quest, it was marked off the list but Eruda didn't want to stop there. She had to get strong and with her mates help and Raidou's, she would soon get up there. Everyone had left to do their own thing and Eruda feels bad if they wanted to join again but she sends the message through the guild chat saying:

I am taking another quest, anyone who wants to join, meet me on floor 3 again. I will send the quest information and party invites then.

Eruda

Eruda walks to the quest board yet again for the second time today. The day was still prime in the sky so she knew she would have time to accomplish a few more quests before she had to call it a day and get some rest. Going through the quest once more she finds one that looks pretty simple how she set her equipment. She was not expecting Raidou to come with her last time but she was hoping that he at the time to go again. She liked the time that got with him even if it wasn't exactly what she wanted from him. This gave her a chance to get to know him without the awkwardness of being alone. With a smile, she waits for any takers to join her on the quest that she has taken. 

Spoiler

Name: Eruda
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 45
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Having finished the quest with Eruda, he was offered to continue with her within the other quests. He had no reason to deny her as he simply nodded. It was still slightly awkward with the situation being new to the rest of the guild as he awaited patiently for the information. Eyes gazed over at the party that stayed taking notes of their movement and there quirks. He hadn't done this before but Kil wasn't having much luck making friends. He was placed in a position where he had to meet people over again, old and new, to discover who he would work well with. Perhaps it was good for him to start over as he could make sure to try not to make the same mistake if he made them of making an enemy out of them.

"Thank you for having me again." He politely spoke looking at Eruda. A slight bow was given to her as he cleared his throat. At least he wasn't alone. That thought alone made him smile slightly as he held onto his dagger. These new items were commissioned by his guild and he was indebted to them. He would return it if he was outcast from them of course as he only hoped to help. 

Spoiler

Level 14: HP:280 Energy 28

Weapon: Jagged Fang
+2 DMG +1 Bld

Armor: Rose Prism
+ 1 EVA +2 MIT

Trinkets: Primrose Crose
+3 Loot Dice

Eye of Rain

+2 ACC +1 REC

Skills:
Dagger: Rank 3

Stretching his arms wide, Freyd emerged from the annoyingly named 'Fluffy Menagerie' Inn.  The mattresses did not live up to expectations.  He bought a cup of steaming coffee from one of the local street vendors and made his way back to the square where he'd parted ways with his recent companions.  His one decent night's sleep - his ONLY decent night's sleep in years - had been ruined by the realization that his dream had included so many faces that he had since begun to meet in the rest of the game.  How the hell did he foresee people he'd never met, and yet actually insisted in SAO.  It freaked the hell out of him.

*Sip*

Coffee makes things better.  In the absence of the real thing, foolish your brain into thinking you were drinking coffee made things passable.

"Morning," he said softly, approaching his companions, offering a small salute with his cup.  His hair looked like he hadn't slept, but it always did.  Freyd was convinced that it was just one more little knife that Cardinal kept driving in to his soul to make him miserable.

Spoiler

Name: Freyd
Level: 20
HP: 400/400
EN: 40/40

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 14
Accuracy: 2
SAVVY:1
HLY:2
KEEN:1
BLD:12

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Forgiven Disobedience (T1-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, BLD 1)
Armor: Enduring Guile (T1-LA, MIT 1, SAV 1)
Misc: Justicar's Vambraces (T1-Trinket, ACC 1, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter [Rank 1]

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potion (50 hp)*3
Teleport Crystals*2
Fish snack (+1 ACC)*1
Divinity's Wait (T1 Mit 3)*1
Liquor of Light (T1 DMG 3)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Sifting through the plants available for those ripe enough to harvest, a glimmer of gold as gatherer proc's portraying them. Adding them to his inventory as a message rings bringing his attentions away. "Another, interesting she's taking such an initiative." Raidou remarks adjusting his glasses upon the bridge of his nose and dropping her a reply denoting he would be there. Seems she is going in the proposed order as well, meaning that she would gain strength without putting her life at risk. A short jaunt to the maze he had already mapped with his journey alongside Fox, he knew where to go and hopefully the topography had not changed in time. "Eruda, Kiluia." he offers but a single word in acknowledgement to both. This task would be trivial from prior experience but all would benefit from it being felled, respect to those who would wish to grow without risks.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 52
HP: 1040/1040
EN: 104/104

Stats:
Damage: 17
Mitigation: 86
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 2
BH:52
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Teleport Crystal*1
Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Edited by Raidou

Having the message sent it seemed that Eruda had the same party as last to continue this journey. Smiling just a bit she welcomes the party back saying "Thank you for your time, you guys. I am looking forward to working with you guys again." Secretly though she was thinking Thank god it's the same people. She looks to Raidou with a real smile hoping that she wasn't holding him up on anything but knowing that he came here on his own willing conscience, she couldn't help to think that he was enjoying the time with her as she was even if there were others by their side. "Let's go get this taken care of. This is only one of many I am taking so if you guys would like to join on the others, you are more than welcome to," Eruda says in confidence now being okay with them tagging along. It seemed that her voice was less of a burden this time as she talking from more of her leader side rather than her shy side eager to help the ones around her to get stronger like she was doing now.

His eyes glanced  at each  member of the party. He had wanted to take a visit to the monument but it would be after this. He nodded and spoke. "Glad to be here, Eruda. I need to do this as well so I figured I could offer my services again for you and the guild." Hands were placed inside his pockets as he looked at Raidou. "Let's get the ball rolling with non stop quests. I need to catch up." He had a serious look in his eyes that he hadn't  had before. Every little thing was triggering slight memories and they would patch or break a dam that was holding something  important. 

He would look over at Freyd and everyone. "I will be in your  care again everyone. Please do not hesitate to educate  me on what I am doing wrong." He gave another sharp bow before  awaiting the details of the new quest. He would ask more questions to Raidou when he had a chance. Also perhaps pick his brain about certain individual  names on his friends list that he could not  remember.  

"I'm more than happy to help out.  Thanks for having me again.  I spent wayyyy too long in the starting city."  Freyd looked sheepish as he admitted his embarrassing past.  "It's been nice to get out and meet some new players, and... contribute."

He pulled up the quest specs again, eager to change the subject.  "It doesn't look like this should be any problem, certainly with all four of us, this will be trivial.  I almost feel bad for the mobs."  Still perusing his screen, he added a new line of inquiry.

"How long have you three known each other, by the way?"  His curiosity was genuine.  Freyd's entire approach to life in SAO had been to keep the lowest profile humanly possible, until he was forced to accept that it only lead to misery.  He'd wasted so much time. 

'No more brooding,' he reminded himself.  Another long sip finished off his coffee.  

Another player well versed enough to do his due process and understand the finer points before bringing about action "Good, It's no issue. I am sure you will do your part in no time. Maintain that optimism. It does more justice than any weapon." he speaks to Freyd being a relatively new face. "I would have it no other way." Raidou remarks to Kiluia before he turns to Eruda and places a hand on her shoulder, getting a sense of her uncomfortably through her words. "It will be fine, lead Eruda." he understood what the quest would require but he would like to see the course she would take. It wouldn't be overnight, but he needed her voice to be strong for when he could not offer guidance. He then takes a moment to prepare himself, checking his equipment through his HUD, tightening his robe and pulling the belt that affixed his scabbard across his torso.

Even with everyone from the last party here again Eruda was feeling a bit tense still. Raidou seemed to notice this and placed a hand on her shoulder. Eruda looks down at his hand and her chest starts to pound from his brief warmth. His words meant the world to her and somewhere inside, Raidou had to know that. "I will do my best," saying in almost a whisper to him and him alone. She looks to the others taking a deep breath to try the words thing again without the shyness of it all saying "This quest may not seem dangerous but I would recommend still staying alert. Almost anything can happen to anyone of you. Where we are heading it will be foggy and there will be a maze we will have to go through to find tombs. There, a minotaur on either entrance. This is what the quest read back so keep your eyes sharp so we don't miss our destination." Eruda looks to Raidou with a smile saying "Thank you" as she lightly touches his arm and gazes at him for a split second before walking past him. "Follow me if you would," she says with pure confidence now as she starts to walk the direction that the NAV marker takes her. 

She turns her head to Freyd, "To answer your question. I don't know this guy," as she points to Kiluia with a small smirk painted across her face. "As for Raidou and I..." Eruda couldn't really answer that quest without getting emotional so she didn't. Taking a deep breath and glancing at Raidou thinking to herself calm yourself...she continues to walk forward trying to keep her emotions in check.

Edited by Eruda

How to answer that question, he thought to himself. He was debating on how to answer  the question before embarking on their quest."Its a rather strange story but in total it would have to be a little over a year that I have  known Raidou. I don't know too much about Miss Eruda." He spoke to Freyd. His eyes landed on Eruda as she started to leave toward the position. " Thanks, Raidou.. That makes me feel a bit more comfortable."

A minotaur huh? He followed suit listening to the details of the quest  while moving along. His movements were fluid as he looked over at the remaining  others. Something about this quest was familiar. Had he done this? His wondering led to his quiet nature now as he kept his eyes up at the sky. When she spoke the word tomb, he froze a moment before moving again. His demeanor had changed now as he felt an icy anxiety  fall on him. 

"Are you alright?"  Freyd looked at Kil, his eyebrows slightly raised, but voice neutral.  There seemed to be a hint of genuine concern, but his tone was always so damned passive that it was hard to tell.  He'd suffered through his own mental demons.  Who was he kidding?  They terrorized him daily, and always in his dreams.  It was a miracle that he hadn't actually cracked yet.  Getting to know people - real people - seemed to be the only comfort available here.  Unfortunately, he sucked at social everything.  Maybe his deeds could show what his words so often failed to do.

He took a chance and placed a hand on Kil's shoulder.  "Hey, it's fine.  We've got Raidou and Eruda with us.  It's like bringing a hammer and anvil along.  We just need to avoid getting between them."  Removing his hand, for fear of added awkwardness or rejection, he summoned Forgiven Disobedience to hand.  It's long, bleached white blade came to rest upon his shoulder.  The guard and hilt were excessively ornate with gold and inlays of red, and the distant sound of a choir echoed in the distance whenever the wind blew past.  He offered Kil the smallest of smiles as reassurance.  Maybe his role was to be the anchor?  It was another terrifying prospect.

A bit strange seeing Kiluia having some sort of struggle, but he was not one to pry into one's personal affairs. If he needed to talk, Raidou would offer this to him but would not seek it for fear of him being overwhelmed. "Let's get a move on. Eruda this may prove of some use." Raidou open's his inventory and removes a slip of paper and passes it to Eruda. It was an old topography of the labyrinth he had mapped in a couple of prior attempts. He would see how well she could operate on the information provided, giving her all the tools she would need to progress this. The minotaur would be a quick and clean removal, having little worry in this exercise that would prove to strengthen resolves and stats. He would only step in when needed, but he was convinced this would not be the case.

Eruda takes the information and stands there for a moment looking over its content. She smiles and looks to Raidou with a nod and watches Kiluia's expression change in a quick instance. She simply says "I will pull the creature's attention. After that, you are free to attack. It will not hit you guys at all so please don't hold back on your attacks, I will make sure of that." Eruda turns back to the path ahead and glances back at the paper she held. The fog around them started to get thicker as Eruda walks the path. "Stay close," Eruda calls out loudly. 

Eventually, Eruda gets to the location that was needed. Following the beaten path through the mazed forest accordingly to the sheet that Raidou had given her. Walking past a handful of trees which she was doing her best not to run into. In the distance after a long drawn out walk, Eruda sees a large building that looked really old. Thinking to herself, could that be the Labrinth we are looking for? Eruda looks back to make sure everyone was still behind her and she continues forward. Seeing the movement of something large in the distance next to a large door that stood out, Eruda's intentions shifted. Calling out to the group "I will pull it and you guys attack. I believe in you guys so do your best," and with those words, she folds the paper and places it in her bag. Taking out her sword and shield she looks to Raidou with a grin. Eruda begins to run at the creature but instead of an attack, she slides to a halt in front of it. Closing her eyes as this was the first time using her new skill. She concentrates on the large Minotaur as Eruda start to form a bright red mist around her. It that instance, Eruda's eyes flash open looking straight into the eyes of the creature. The mist around her was obvious to see within the fogged area. Eruda's eyes had turned red from the skill as all the creature could see now was her. "NOW" Eruda calls out as she knew now that she had its attention.

Eruda uses Howl

Eruda | HP:420/420| EN:42/42 | DMG:3 | MIT:45 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:1

[4,0,0,0] Hoya Minotaur: HP:45 |  DMG: 45

He looked over at Freyd and offered a warm smile. "I'm fine. I just... need to get myself situated in fighting again." He remarked to him. He wasn't able to swallow the bitter pill all the way. It was neither the time or place to be complaining about how life managed to fuck him over with everyone and everything. No. He would deal with those demons later but the demon in front of him had to go. With a flash, he dashed away at a blinding speed. He was working on the art of making himself disappear to get the advantage. With that he placed his form behind the minotaur and went to work. His dagger flipped in his hand and he slashed several times into its back  using Shadow Stitch (6 Enegry)  While the creature howled, it indeed did not turn toward him. He flipped away not tempting lady luck at the situation. His eyes perked a bit at how she was able to Howl at this creature and keep it mesmerized. "Keep it up!" He encouraged. 

Spoiler

image.png.201f2b9a123e949ba4aaa1136d0aa2c3.png

Kiluia Seiko | HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:6 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:12 | REC:1 [6+]

Eruda | HP:420/420| EN:42/42 | DMG:3 | MIT:45 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:

[4,0,0,0] Hoya Minotaur: HP:9/45 |  DMG: 45

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

Good for you, Kil.  He admired his gumption. 

Freyd pulled Forgiven Disobedience before him in a high guard, offering a brief salute to the mob he hoped to defeat.  The white blade gleamed, even in the shade of the nearby trees.  He'd ranked up twice with his sword skills since he last swung the blade and was eager to see what it could do, even if it was gratuitous overkill.  

Leaping with lightning speed high into the air, he came crashing down onto the already injured minotaur.  Forgiven Disobedience blazed with celestial glory and rang out as an angelic chorus sang in praise of holy righteousness.  Silhouetted against the glare of the sun, Freyd looked for the briefest moment like an avenging agent of a wrathful god.  The blade sliced the minotaur in half, splattering the ground beneath it with milky white blood that evaporated an instant later as the remnants of the beast disintegrated into a thousand particles of light.

Standing up in the middle of the slightly cratered earth, Freyd looked down wide-eyed at the sword in his hands and the destruction it had rained.  The edges of his lips curled slightly.

"Cool."

Spoiler

image.png.4acc57b334ebcbaa0549aebfccfe5722.png

Kiluia Seiko | HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:6 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:2 | BLD:12 | REC:1 [6+]

Eruda | HP:420/420| EN:42/42 | DMG:3 | MIT:45 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:

Freyd | HP:420/420 | EN:30/42  (-12) | DMG:9 | MIT:14 | ACC:2 | SAVVY:1 | HLY:2 | BLD:12 | KEEN:1 -> rested

[4,0,0,0] Hoya Minotaur: HP:0/45 (-156 -12 bleed) | DMG: 45

Edited by Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Raidou takes a passive stance from the fray, for he felt as though he would not be needed with this kind of party size. He had a memory of doing this before ringing in his head, the statistics were little more than trivial for Eruda's statistics and he was sure that Kiluia would have no issue either. Especially with Eruda backing him up, Freyd was the rogue element in this situation as he had no prior information on his capabilities. A quick and concise end as expected of a well fleshed party, and to his surprise Freyd and Kiluia did wonders. Eruda pulls and the other two quickly made due on the distraction, reducing the minotaur to nothing in a matter of seconds. "Impressive." he remarks to them both adjusting his glasses on his face, doing quite some damage in the blink of an eye. "That just about completes it." picking up the trinket and tossing the hoya pendant to Eruda.

Eruda looks to Raidou just as he tosses the pendant to her. She catches it barely but she does catch it. With a smile flashing back toward him and the others with they precise hits that resulted in nothing but a burst of data. She knew it would not stand a chance given the floor that this quest was on but the results at how quickly they reacted to her call out made it even easier to deal with. "Thank you for the follow-up everyone and trusting me to keep it off you. With that, let's get back to town and continue this day with another if you guys would like to join me that is. You were all really great and I really hope to see more of what you guys can do." Seeing the two new faces deal the damage for the kill made her feel that much more confident in what she was trying to accomplish for herself. Simple leading when Raidou could not. Everyone's HUD chimes in unison upon completion of the quest. Eruda knew that she had to trust herself and believe in the words that she said for others to believe in her as well. To trust that she could be their shield in the battles ahead. She hoped that they were starting to do so which gave her the confidence that she needed to prove this not only to herself but everyone around her as well. 

Looking to the pendant that she held now, she looks to Raidou with a small bite of her bottom lip. Knowing that now was not the time for such feeling to come out she turns away as her face begins to blush, wondering when that date he promised would show up. The day that she could finally have a sit-down and get to know the person that he was inside. She turns back to Raidou with her face still a bit red and walks past him toward the town. She knew that when the time was right, such a day would happen as she places the item in her inventory.

So that was it. The quest was done in a flash and it was with  ease. He could get used to the fact that fighting in groups would be a hell of a lot easier than doing things on your own. He looked at the trio but noticed how it seemed a bit more between the two than the four. He knew that feeling well. It wasn't  before he spoke." Yea I don't mind helping with anything  else  in the future.. Just contact me through the guild. " He flipped open his HUD and sent requests to the two for future  references."We could also go into town and grab a bite to eat too to discuss whatever is next  on the agenda."

Kil was a fatass. Lets just get that out there and out of the way. "Its just to see what shops are still open and what  they serve. Purely research. " For his stomach anyway.

Freyd looked amused by the entire thing.  Overwhelming applications of force were not an uncommon approach to players on their way to earning their stripes.  This had been an interesting distraction.

"Sure, Kil.  Let's go grab a bite once we've turned this in."  He opened up his friends UI and extended invitations to all three of them.  "This was fun, and I would gladly do it again.  It's always nice to discover capable players like yourselves."  Freyd gave Eruda a courteous bow, thanking her for taking the lead.  She seemed like a lovely woman and he hoped that she would find the confidence she sought.

Raidou was more of a mystery to him, but it was clear that he was on another level altogether compared to the rest of them.  That he was taking time to grind through basic quests with the rest of them was telling, in and of itself.  It was an admirable trait.

The quest was done and all involved had performed exquisitely throughout the journey and Raidou looks to them all "I will have to pass unfortunately as I have matters to attend." he takes a glance to Freyd "Your very adept yourself, nice work." messing with his glasses for a moment he had a couple of things to iron out, but they had earned a break after that display. "If you need me for anything else Eruda, simply contact me again, and if I have time I will aid you." He was glad that Firm Anima was able to work with another on a drop of a dime, which was always the intention for the guild to offer a hand to those who would need it. Freyd clearly did not though, an upstart who could easily hold his own. A lesson for another time perhaps, and maybe further looking into just how effective Freyd was. It remained to be seen.

Quest Complete:

Eruda:

4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)

Leather Coat (T1/Uncommon/Light Armor) 1 Mitigation

Raidou:

Kiluia:

200*Col (200 Thread Closure)

Freyd:

200*Col (200 Thread Closure)