[F4-PP] Old and the New (The Essence of Steel)

A new day awaits for another day of quest completing. Eruda wakes from the dream world as the sun has yet to rise in the night sky. Glancing at the time it was 5:30 am and she was ready to get this party started again. She was not sure who would respond this time but she knew that whoever was to join, she would protect them, a stranger to her or not. Getting to her feet and gathering her gear, She fixes her hair and heads out the door of her shop. Appearing at the town of beginnings she goes straight to the quest board and glances at them all. Figuring she would try something a bit tougher, accepting the quest -Essence of Steel-, she closes the quest board and opens the guildhall messaging sending:

I will be doing another quest today, a bit harder than the last 2. Meet me on floor 4 as that is where this quest takes place if you would like to join me.

Eruda

Eruda sits to the fountain that is conveniently placed in each of the main towns on floor 4. Taking a seat on the edge waiting for any takers to join her on her leveling path to get stronger.

Spoiler

Name: Eruda
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 52
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 4]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

It took the woman a few days to recover. She'd escaped from the cave, only to find that by then, five years had passed. She spent the past few days in town trying to make sense of things and regain as much normalcy as she could in this world. A week later, Haine decided to regain her composure and return to the one thing that kept her going, her motivation.  She loved her beauty sleep, but that night it was hard to find it. She woke up before dawn, preparing a cup of coffee for her breakfast. She spent the past few days at an inn kicking back. Her attention turned to a message on her HUD from her guild, Firm Anima. Her opportunity came at the perfect timing. The blue haired woman prepared her battle garb and downed the remnants of her drink.

The blue haired woman followed the location on her map, walking up to the fountain where her guild mate was waiting. From the edge of her periphery, she spotted a blonde woman named Eruda. She donned the symbol of Firm Anima beside her name. She approached the water fountain, propping her hand on her hip. "Still need some help with that quest?"

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 44
HP: 900/900
EN: 88/88

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 12
Accuracy: 1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2H AS Paralyze II
Armor: Tier 1 light armor [Vanity]
Misc:

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills: Fishing

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) Starter healing potions - 50 HP

Edited by Haine

Ping. The sound of his HUD rang and he he opened it up. Eyes looked at the message about doing another  quest. Why not? He had been keeping  tabs on Haine and her  psychological state. If this was sent  to him, they all would of gotten it. He rolled his shoulder a few times before gathering his things. He had a special question to ask Haine. His eyes looked up at the sky and the sun seemed to beam brightly. You can do this. He cleared his throat and moved on to the meeting  point.  HUD was drawn quickly and he shot a message to her. "I'm on my way."

He stared at Eruda before speaking. "Hey. You need some help?" Eyes would glance over to Haine and he smiled and would try to get a moment  with  her. He shuffled his feet a bit before looking up at the sky again.

Spoiler

Armor: Rose Prism
Quality: Perfect
Roll ID: 150711
Enhancement: Evasion +1, Mit +2

Dagger: Jagged Fang
Roll ID: 155022
Enhancement: Damage+2, Bleed +1

Trinket: Primrose Cross
Roll ID:153798
Enhancement: Loot Dice 3

Trinket: Eye of Rain
Roll ID: 155021
Enhancement: Accuracy 2 , Recovery 1

UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911a
UNID T2 Rare Consumable #155911b

Darkness Salve
Yui's Grace (4/5)
Blank Beginner Map
Blank Intermediate Map
Blank Advanced Map

(Using Slime Ranch Increasing SP +1 Gained, Using Yui's Grace -1 Increasing SP +1)

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

The snapping of white tipped herbs through parading hands, Raidou was hard at work keeping the guild vault bolstered up in quantity. A sudden message brings his attention away as he adds one more plant into his satchel. It was from Eruda, who was still doing her best to get stronger of her own volition. A soft swipe of his HUD, still a bit of frost stuck to his hand with a slide to one side. Like a conductor, his fingers quickly tap the message: "I'll be there. Essence of steel requires caution and numbers. Wait for me."

Eruda, day by day your gaining your voice...

Raidou presses send, standing and tapping his hands to his knees kicks the snow from them. He pulls the straps on his chest tight, then producing vial of black liquid from his robe pocket. "Payment for your service." Raidou whispers as the vial vanishes under his sleeve and returns empty. Having done this quest before, the very one that robbed him of the ability to continue to fight on the frontlines and the one that gave it back. With a flare of his lenses, He knew where to go...

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte

Raidou | HP:1120/1120 | EN:107/112 | DMG:8 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF:112 | BLD:12 | BH:56

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 56
HP: 1120/1120
EN: 112/112

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 86
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:56
TAUNT
VAMP OFF:112
BLD:12

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
One Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
<<Darkness Salve>>*2
Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy
Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3

Sitting, waiting, Eruda is looking at the quest details to get an understanding of where they were getting into. Eruda looks up upon being spoken to. A long blue-haired female stands in front of her. With further observation, the name -Haine- and next to it -Firm Anima-...She has not yet met this member either. It seems that Raidou has also been busy. "I am Eruda. I am part of the Vanguard Division in Firm Anima. I would like the help very much." Eruda was getting better at introducing herself to new faces. This quest doing would seem to be more help for her than she intended to be. It was helping her get over her freakouts that she had upon meeting new people. Looking to Kiluia who shows up as well saying "Nice of you to join again. This quest will be a bit more interesting so be on your toes. I will not be one-shotting this one," she smiles a bit as her HUD chimes. The message was from Raidou as Eruda's heart skips a beat reading it. 

"It seems like Raidou will be joining us once again. I am glad because we might actually need the back up this time," Eruda says this to the other two. Her face turns red as she thinks of Raidou joining them again, wondering why he would be showing so much interest in these small quests. "He wants us to wait for him before heading out," says in a smaller voice then before as her face gets a bit redder at the thoughts.

From the corner of her sight, she sees a white haired male coming closer. Perhaps he was here to help with the quest too. Her attention perks at his company, she felt more enthusiastic now that she could battle with him in her team too. Haine spares him a quick wave, a soft smile on her lips. The lady listens intently as Eruda speaks. "I'm Haine from the assault division. Due to some circumstances..." she trails off, pondering how to word things, "I was away from the guild for quite some time." She had much to catch up with, she realized. So much had changed while she was asleep, the world did not stop to wait for her. There were many new, unfamiliar faces. It was overwhelming but her coping ability was proving better than she thought it would. While she was crumbling apart trying to make sense of things, she knew where her goals lied and her duties to her guild. Things would turn out. She knew they would be more than well off with Raidou's help too. After what she witnessed in that cave, she knew that he'd come far. He was formidable.

Now wasn't the time to talk to her about anything. He wanted to avoid confrontation til they were able to talk alone. He gave a wave to her and smiled at her as well. Being able to do this would allow him to watch over her mentality for the time being and let her mesh with the other companions of their guild. Amber eyes looked over at Eruda and he spoke. " I hope hes doin better today. Gives me a chance to say thank you to him." The group was slowly becoming more and more back together like an old band or something. "So what is today's quest while we wait for him to come an get this start? I'm interested to know what it is that you cannot one shot." He was trying to make the party more comfortable by being his cheery chatty self. It wouldn't be the same if he was depressed or worried about something.

Moving toward the pack in earnest, who was waiting for him. He had the chance to sort his thoughts in the manner he had become accustomed, there was something centering about harvesting herbs. "I am Kiluia, thank you. It is I who am responsible for paying gratitude." he responds with a smile that was completely uncharacteristic for him, scratching the back of his head a bit nervous at the fact. "Essence of steel." he remarks rather firmly, his demeanor shifting from a friend to analyst and guild leader on a dime. "An Ice golem with high damage but not much else, it hits hard. But the last time I faced it." Raidou offers a grin. "Let's just say it was more difficult then." this time with the support of his brothers in arms and a whole new realm of power, he'd assume this would be over the moment it began.

"Lead the way." he comments to Eruda, allowing Haine and her to take the lead. Placing a hand on the man's shoulder and In a low voice, he asks Kiluia in a whisper so the girls couldn't hear him: "Have you asked her yet?" with a smile, he knew that Kiluia would understand his drift. He may not have been told, but if nothing else he was very perceptive and supportive.

Edited by Raidou

Seeing Raidou arrive she blushes. She had spent the day yesterday watching Haine and Raidou catch up and at first, she was mad because she had no idea who this female was to him. Scared of losing him to another person who he seemed to know without giving her a chance. This was what she thought before that same night, he taught Eruda to ice skate and asked her out on that date that she had wanted for so long. Thinking of this when Raidou shows, she nods toward him as he told her to lead the way. As she starts walking toward the destination of where the marker took them, she looks to Haine with a smile. "Thank you..." without saying much more she starts to walk a bit faster. Her chest was pounding a million miles per second as she let those feeling for Raidou back in. Given the circumstances, she had to block them out to focus on everything that wasn't him. She didn't really have a choice because if she didn't then she would have seen him and nothing else. Eruda thought it was the only way...Until last night happened. She would do her best to keep up her expectations but now she had something...someone else to look forward to.

Edited by Eruda

Shortly after, Raidou joined the fray. He moved with a composed gait towards the guild. Haine spared him a cheerful smile, it was not easy. She remembered their moment at the pond. He was trying his best to make sense of this, just as she was. They'd agreed to move forward as if none of this had ever happened, to the way it was in old times. It was... unusual to see this new side of him, a natural leader with an air of confidence he could play so well. She listened passively as she noted the details of their foe. She was certain they'd be fine in numbers. The boys congregated, so Haine turned to the other lady. She was about to walk over to her until she looked away and went off, quick footsteps making way towards their destination. Haine frowned. Perhaps she was one of those people who strictly meant business. Whatever it was, she didn't want to be lagging in the middle. "Hey," Haine called, following behind Eruda, "Wait up!"

He glanced looking at Raidou. The man.. was psychic. For the first time he felt extreme fear from how intuitive Raidou was. I am thinking of the number 5. He furrowed his brow and spoke softly as they lagged behind. "...Not yet. I bought the house.. I got things for her and made it from how I remembered he things about her.. Like a recording studio.." He cleared his throat looking ahead as blue haired woman was ahead."But I'm going to confess. Just not right now. I'll do it after this quest." He smiled a bit feeling relieved that at least someone knew of his intentions despite him trying to keep it a secret.

He nudged Raidou's ribs and looked at the man."I heard about the ruckus about you almost killing someone on a different floor. And how bad you were hurt too." He looked like he was going to scold him."Thanks.. I couldn't of brought her back without you."

Shuffling through the snow, Raidou was no stranger to floor 4. Hopefully, this was the start of laying the troubled he shared with this place to rest. "Well for its worth Kiluia, you're the only person that I consider worthy enough for her. No one else would do, I can trust you with her life. If you ever need me, I'll be there. I am simply one call away." he explained with a smile, feeling Kiluia's playful jab and responding. "You heard about that? I ended up paying for that kid's dinner. I scared the total hell out of her. Don't worry about me you'll find I am very persistent." he joked rather playfully with the guy, a complete difference to how he normally was. "I would do it again, you both mean the world to me. I never would have found her if you had not shown up again. Let's get you back up to speed, shall we?"

"Sorry I get a bit carried away on quests. I tend to walk faster than the others," said with a smile turning back to Haine. -This is a friend of Raidou's so she will be a friend of mine too- Eruda thought to herself as she waiting for Haine to catch up. Eruda's looks to Raidou and Kiluia and her face turn red again...Turning suddenly but walking a bit slower she feels the sudden urge to be next to Raidou. Was this what it was going to be like now. The feeling of never wanted to be away from him. She hasn't even gone on their second first date yet and her feeling for him was already so strong. Walking side by side with Haine now she looks back to the guys making sure they were still a good distance away before asking Haine "How do you know when you really like someone?" Just thinking about him made her blush. Looking to the ground with a smug confused look on her face, she waits for Haine to answer her crazy question. They continue walking toward the quest but it seemed like she was distracted a bit.

"Ahh," she huffed, palms resting over her bent knees as she tried to regain her breath. "I like your spirit." The other exuded an amiable air, it made her feel at ease knowing someone like her was in the guild. She could work with this. She straightened her posture and looked up at the blonde fighter, who was now matching her pace. She folded her arms behind her back and skipped. The city was bustling with many faces, she gave them a once over as they went by. A favorite past time of hers when she was too fearful to fight was people watching, trying to figure out these unfamiliar swordsmen's. She wanted to be more like them until she'd found her own voice, her stability. The blonde's question caused Haine to jump a little. That was the last thing she expected to hear from the lady. "Ummm..." the bluenette trailed off, completely at a loss for words. Her thoughts instantly shifted to a certain white haired boy. She glanced over her shoulder to see him conversing with Raidou in the distance. A shy smile crept her lips. "I-I guess... it feels like a heart attack when you're with them?" She sighed and looked back to her guild mate. "It's confusing, it's butterflies, you enjoy spending time with them, alone." She laughed it off and continued. "And whenever you're apart, I guess..." Why was she blabbing so much about him? "You keep thinking of them." Haine blushed and quickly cut in to save her butt. "-N-Not that I like anybody or anything. I-I guess that's what it must be like, yanno?"

Edited by Haine

He never really blushed when a man spoke to him so this had to be the first. Hearing the praise he had just given him and the drive that he would do to get them back again made him feel special. He laughed slightly at the whole mishap when Raidou woke up. That poor kid as he sighed feeling responsible for that. His eyes closed as he place a hand on his forehead."If I were that kid, I would run at first sign of you." But it was more out of humor and picking on him. 

He looked up and caught the gaze of Haine. A slight smile was returned as he gave a wave to her. Knowing full well that they were back together was a great feeling. "So the ranks are filling back up again with Haine and I coming back. Though, I think I'm going to want to relinquish my title as assault captain." He opened up his HUD and allowed Raidou to peer at it. He showed him something that he hadn't shown Haine yet. Something he would another time."I was being drained before I was let go from that cocoon.. My levels are... well..." He was a little angry at the situation but he had to endure it all. 

A tear forward into the circle where the beast usually spawned from the surrounding icicle and as it rose Raidou draws his black blade, with a pulse of red it was his tanking weapon. With surprising fervor, it manifests and slams a heavy fist into Raidou who quickly drops his sword art and aims to block instead. In a shower of sparks, the incoming attack is reduced to nothing. But by the time he can respond the hostile has time to build up its own defenses in the form of jagged sections of ice that form upon its appendages that are cleaved into dust but preventing the swordsman from dealing any damage. "Just as I remember you. But I've got back up." Raidou remarks as Eruda was sliding in on his tail, he could hear the soft pitter patter of her footfalls along the ice on his flank, she would make due on the opening and the hole in its armor.

ID# 156712 results: Battle: 2+3=5, Missed vs. Frost Beast!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1120/1120 | EN:110/112 | DMG:8 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF:112 | BLD:12 | BH:56 | Vengeful Riposte (Active)
Eruda | HP:520/520 | EN:52/52 | DMG:3 | MIT:52 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:1
Haine | HP:900/900 | EN:88/88 | DMG:9 | MIT:12 | ACC:1 | PARA:2
Kiluia | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:6 | BLD:12

Mobs:
(1,0,0,0) Frost Beast | HP:250/250 | DMG:160

Edited by Raidou

The moment Eruda sees Raidou charge at the beast, she drops her conversation with Haine and runs behind Raidou. Seeing him break some armor pieces away, knowing that she didn't want the others to get attacked she took the initiative to try getting its attention. Raidou has it's slight attention, Eruda glows blue as she pinpoints a spot on the creature where she could possibly hit. Springing her sword and shield out instantly as she slides past Raidou, her sword begins to glow deep red as she strikes the side of the beast. The beast falls flat on its face causing snow and ice to fly off its body. She looks to Raidou with determination filling her eyes not sure how to use this but she was hoping Raidou did saying "Use the Switch mechanic, take him from me, nows your chance," as she looks down at the snow creature, it was not moving, but it sure was trying. Looking to the others "Nows your chance to get attack it. It will not hurt you." Knowing that she might get hit, she puts her shield in front of her and prepares for the worse.

Activates Concentration!

Activating Rising Sun!

ID# 156810 results: Battle: 9+1=9 Minor Critical! vs Frost Beast dealing (4 Base*3)=12 Damage Stick Bleed 2 and Stunning it!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1120/1120 | EN:112/112 | DMG:8 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF:112 | BLD:12 | BH:56 | Vengeful Riposte (Active)
Eruda | HP:520/520 | EN:46/52 | DMG:3 | MIT:52 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:1
Haine | HP:900/900 | EN:88/88 | DMG:9 | MIT:12 | ACC:1 | PARA:2
Kiluia | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:6 | BLD:12

Mobs:
(1,4,0,0) Frost Beast | HP:238/250 | DMG:160 Bleed [2/2] 12 Damage over 2 Turns and Stunned

Edited by Eruda

Activates Sword Art: Dimension Stampede!

ID#156842 results: Battle: 9 Minor Critical! vs Frost Beast dealing (9 Base +1 CRIT*15)=160

In due time, the beast ripped through the middle of them. With every step the large frost golem took, the ground shook a little. The bluenette stepped out of the way and swiftly unsheathed her glaive. She shifted her weight on one hip and spun the weapon in a circular motion, getting into the groove. The beast rushes for Raidou first, who blocks the attack with his shield. Eruda prepares her sword and lunges forward, managing a hit on the enemy. It was paralyzed, unable to move on the ground. It was trying hard, however, ever so slightly lifting itself off the ground, only to slide back down. She waited for the perfect opportunity to strike, readying her glaive. She activated her sword art and lunged, stabbing its back four times.  "Take that!" she cried out, her eyes narrowed in determination. She climbed on top of its leg and jumped, spearing the enemy from above.

Players:
Raidou | HP:1120/1120 | EN:112/112 | DMG:8 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF:112 | BLD:12 | BH:56 | Vengeful Riposte (Active)
Eruda | HP:520/520 | EN:46/52 | DMG:3 | MIT:52 | BLD:12 | TAUNT | THRNS:18 | REC:1
Haine | HP:900/900 | EN:74/88 | DMG:9 | MIT:12 | ACC:1 | PARA:2
Kiluia | HP:280/280 | EN:28/28 | DMG:6 | BLD:12

Mobs:
(1,4,2,0) Frost Beast | HP:88/250 | DMG:160 Bleed [2/2] 12 Damage over 2 Turns and Stunned

Edited by Haine

The creature was stunned beyond comprehension. With this moment, Kiluia took off with lightning speed. Dagger was withdrawn from his sheathe with his hands glowing a bright purple. Shadow Stitch was being activated as he drew closer to the creature. His body flashed around the creature as it was part of his movements. It was a way to disorientate the creature but the rest of the party had done so already for him. He slammed his dagger into the main body of the creature several times working the creatures body with purple rays of light. His dagger had struck something, the core perhaps and damaged it greatly. He jumped away after dealing the damage. His movements were like a surgeons as he had looked like stitches that were taken apart. 

"Well damn. " 

The creature was disorientated as  it struggled to form its body after being struck so harshly by the adventurers. To top it all it started to leak vital fluid from its body from the bleeding effect from Kiluia refreshing it once more. Creatures turn skipped due to Para.

Spoiler

image.png.7a447c416d56dd71fb22f0e24c9959b7.png

Players:
Kiluia | HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:6 | BLD:12

Mobs:
(1,4,2,2) Frost Beast | HP:28/250 | DMG:160 Bleed [1/2] 12 Damage over 1 Turn

Edited by Kiluia Seiko

As Eruda pulls for a switch vibrant red hue tears across his weapon as he shuffles into the fray. "I'll take it from here." he remarks as his weapon sheers through the snow, colliding with a heavy blow from the blunt weapon. It takes to the sky with what sounds like a clap of thunder upon impact, causing a flurry of frost from pressure alone. Sliding her feet into a kneel, Eruda hunkers down as she had with Kasumi "It's on you Haine!" a shout to her guild member. "Batter Up!" Haine flashes a smile leaping onto the shield and between the two of them the polearm user is jettisoned airborne at surprising speed in a burning trail of blue. "Kiluia." Raidou turns to him with a nod. "We haven't done this in years. I am a little rusty but hell why not." they move together preparing for the backlash.

A sudden impact is heard as Haine twirls and drops a powerful blow causing the creature to rocket toward the ground. "It's now or never." Kiluia responds with a white glow burning on his dagger. "Right." Flourishing his sword, Raidou quickly sheathes it and locking wrists with Kiluia, he becomes fast as lightning as Raidou pivots and uses the momentum to increase his speed. A sudden scattering line of white energy as Kiluia becomes almost intangible, only the light is visible to the naked eye. It connects with a shower of light as the power disperses casting reverberating recoil that scatters to the ground like electricity.

ID# 156851 results: Battle: 8+3+1=12, Hit! dealing 104 damage killing Frost Beast!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1120/1120 | EN:90/112 | DMG:8 | MIT:86 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | TAUNT | VAMP OFF:112 | BLD:12 | BH:56 | Vengeful Riposte (Active)
Kiluia | HP:280/280 | EN:22/28 | DMG:6 | BLD:12

Mobs:
(4,4,2,2) Frost Beast | HP:-76/250 | DMG:160 Bleed [1/2] 12 Damage over 1 Turn

Quest Complete:

Eruda:

3*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward)

Haine:

3*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward)

200*Col (200 Thread Closure)

Kiluia:

5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward, 1 Slime Ranch, 1 Yui's Grace)

200*Col (200 Thread Closure)

1*Essence of Steel (Given via Raidou/Last Hit)

Raidou:

2*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus)

Edited by Raidou