[F1 Artisan R1] Cheap Chips

The redhead watches the male as he walks towards the back once more. *Clink clink clink* rattles throughout the store as if he were altering a craft, hard at work. A little more than a minute passes before he returns to the front counter with something that appeared exactly as she had imagined it. "I figure I'd name it Wabi-Sabi. Sort of like a stress-relieving trinket is what I had in mind." She reaches into the deep recesses of her mind, thinking about what might be a humorous nickname in case she ever needs to explain its use to someone, "For short I'll probably call them Wasabi Balls," is what she said after a bit of contemplation. When the Artisan talked of this being their first sale, Vie responds with "Well congratulations on your first customer then I suppose," accompanied by a head tilt, a bit unsure as to how player stores worked as far as payment. The conversation felt a little socially awkward, she was unsure how to tell him that she was about to meet up with a friend and simply wanted to pay for the item and head off...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearing her trying to come up with a name hurt his head a bit. "Wabisa..?", the boy repeated very lowly as he muttered to himself, furrowing his eyebrows and trying to give it some thought before giving up and letting out a sigh. He had no clue what she'd just said, and he did just commit a crime pronouncing a foreign word both wrong and with an accent. Although this was getting awkward, that's not what he cared about. The matter of payment was just a tad bit more urgent. "... I'm low on materials. So... two. Two materials."

His answer was concise and to the point. He didn't care about making a profit out of this as long as he could help others, and he didn't want to go hard on his first customer. Hell, he was beginning to wonder if even two materials was much. All this concern was showing as he half-closed one of his eyes, opening his mouth as if to talk before closing it again. He looked down at something below the counter, a croak sounding from over as a claw could be seen starting to climb on his leg prior to his familiar's snout and eyes popping up. "... One material."

Vie doesn't exactly hear his supposed mispronunciation of the trinket's name, too focused on the form of payment that may need to be handed over. She wasn't sure if she even had enough col to pay for the trinket. Her mind circled in worry unsure whether it was a bad idea to enter the store in the first place with how weak she was and how she lacked currency. This train of thought was halted as the blue haired male told her that he was running out of materials, wanting a mere two mats in return for the well-crafted trinket. "You don't suppose you'd be interested in going to hunt for a few materials, do you?" She asks, genuinely first and foremost curious whether the male was interested in joining her and her friend later as she wanted to help him out as much as he had helped her out.

Within the brief moment of silence, Vie spots a claw that emerged from behind the counter stretching up to around his waist, this caught her off-guard. "Th- Wh- Huh?!" Her confused somewhat flustered voice rings around the room as she steps back a little, unsure how to react as he seemingly continued to act as if nothing was happening. "I'm- willing to hand over two materials if you so wish... Just promise that the creature won't attack me," her voice genuinely seems concerned, she hadn't known that player shops had been so frightening! 'Maybe that's how they people got to buy their goods,' she questioned why they might do such a thing internally while opening her inventory and sliding two materials across the table.

[Two Materials transferred]

With his eyebrows cocking, he looked at her before back down at his familiar. He sighed and frowned slightly, helping his familiar get onto his shoulder and letting the frostscale pangolin rest on it as it pleased, almost curling up into a ball once it'd croaked at Vie's direction. "... He's friendly. I tamed him.", he tried to calm her down shortly, and his words reflected mostly on the animal's behavior. Despite its looks, its red cursor was gone and it seemed much more like an NPC rather than an aggressive AI that'd somehow made it inside of the town.

He was kind of happy that she took the two materials deal, although her proposal wasn't half bad. The bluenette gave it some thought before nodding and it wasn't too long before a party request appeared in front of Vie, by 'ChaseR'. "... I'll have to. Thanks.", the boy remained brief in his answers, taking his bracelet off and leaving it on the counter before beginning to exit the shop with the pangolin still on his shoulder. It didn't take much to understand Chase wasn't really charismatic at his core, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Day 19

image.png.2727dbc9a2f3f36571a419a4997d3fc0.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 4 + 1 = 5 (LD: 3) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 2: 4 + 1 = (LD: 16) | Salvage
Attempt 3: 4 + 1 = 5 (LD: 6) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 4: 6 + 1 = (LD: 4) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 5: 5 + 1 = (LD: 19) | Salvage
Attempt 6: 12 + 1 = 12 (LD: 3) | Perfect (-1 T1 Mat)

Total EXP: 8 (Salvage) + 3 (Uncommon) + 8 (Perfect) + 6 (Ambition) = 25 EXP

Edited by ChaseR

Day 20

image.png.b99facb241991eb159fec6639221e59c.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 9 + 1 = 10 (LD: 3) | Rare (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 2: 12 + 1 = 12 (LD: 14) | Perfect (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 3: 2 + 1 = 3 (LD: 3) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 4: 6 + 1 = (LD: 20) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 5: 8 + 1 = (LD: 15) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 6: 1 + 1 = (LD: 9) | Fail (-1 T1 Mat)

Total EXP: 1 (Fail) + 2 (Salvage) + 6 (Uncommon) + 5 (Rare) + 8 (Perfect) + 6 (Ambition) = 28 EXP

Edited by ChaseR

Ozwald had been wandering around the shop district for hours now, he had just gotten a few thousand col to spend, and wanted to look into buying something to help him with quests in the future. Shortly after turning a corner Ozwald noticed a very plain looking wooden shop on the right hand side of the pathway.  "This one looks to be in my price range." Ozwald thought to himself, opening up his inventory for the fifth time that hour just to make sure he only had a little over 2,000 col to shop with. Closing his inventory Ozwald walked up to the door of the small shop and opened it. Ozwald stepped inside gently closing the door behind himself Ozwald took a look around, the only thought that could come to mind was, average. Tis shop was completely average.

Lost in his thought of the odd little shop Ozwald didn't notice the shopkeeper come out from his workspace, jumping at the sudden unenthusiastic greeting that he was given. Ozwald looked towards where the sound came from and had to crane his neck upwards to see the much taller man in front of him. Ozwald walked up to the counter that the tall blue haired gentleman was standing behind "I was looking for somewhere to buy trinkets from." Ozwald said hints of his slight British accent peaking through his words "Do you think you could make something like these?" Ozwald asked opening up a note on his HUD and showing it to the man.

Spoiler

Name: Tear of the Stars

Description: An amulet with a teardrop shaped gem attached to a chain made of a silver metal reminiscent of the stars.

Enhancements: ACC ||, Taunt

Spoiler

Name: Celestial Eye

Description: A crystal eye fashioned from an opaque crystal that seems to hold all of the light of the heavens.

Enhancements: LD |||

With a slow nod, the boy rubbed his chin and looked over his shoulder at his bench, signalling the man to wait. "Okay, two perfects. Four materials. Four tier one materials. Only because you're my second customer.". Once he was in the very back of his shop, still visible over the counter, he put on an azure bracelet around his wrist and began to hammer down at a few materials he took out. Some crafts failed, others broke and others simply ended up nowhere. It took a while, but in a quarter or so, he managed to get them both made.

He moved back to the front of the counter, showing him the trinkets and once he got his approval, he opened his inventory and sent a trade request right away. The items seemed just the way he wanted them, and their appearance was spot on. With a troubled look, Chase ran his eyes up and down the man right beside him, sighing. "... You're low. Did you just start?"

[ChaseR gives Grimm Reaper "Tear of the Stars (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket) [ACC II, TAUNT]" and "Celestial Eye (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket) [LD III]".]

Day 21

image.png.f8a3073c6f0c091bfdd4cd68d9a066ba.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 4 + 1 = 5 (LD: 18) | Salvage
Attempt 2: 9 + 1 = 10 (LD: 1) | Rare (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 3: 2 + 1 = 3 (LD: 18) | Salvage
Attempt 4: 3 + 1 = (LD: 17) | Salvage
Attempt 5: 4 + 1 = (LD: 14) | Salvage
Attempt 6: 12 + 1 = 12 (LD: 7) | Perfect (-1 T1 Mat)

Total EXP: 8 (Salvage) + 5 (Rare) + 8 (Perfect) + 6 (Ambition) = 27 EXP

Edited by ChaseR

Day 22

image.png.aa1771c664b54cdc0db77c19684d5078.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 1 + 1 = 2 (LD: 9) | Fail (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 2: 6 + 1 = (LD: 10) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 3: 9 + 1 = 10 (LD: 16) | Rare (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 4: 3 + 1 = (LD: 7) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 5: 9 + 1 = 10 (LD: 6) | Rare (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 6: 3 + 1 = 4 (LD: 12) | Salvage

Total EXP: 1 (Fail) + 4 (Salvage) + 3 (Uncommon) + 10 (Rare) + 6 (Ambition) = 24 EXP

Edited by ChaseR

Day 23

image.png.b178c765379670fe45c99595817702e0.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 3 + 1 = 4 (LD: 11) | Salvage
Attempt 2: 5 + 1 = (LD: 14) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat) | [ID: 171694]
Attempt 3: 2 + 1 = 3 (LD: 16) | Salvage
Attempt 4: 8 + 1 = (LD: 4) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat) | [ID: 171696]
Attempt 5: 4 + 1 = (LD: 4) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 6: 5 + 1 = 6 (LD: 2) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat) | [ID: 171698]
Attempt 7: 10 + 1 = 11 (LD: 9) | Rare (-1 T1 Mat) | [ID: 171699]

Total EXP: 6 (Salvage) + 9 (Uncommon) + 5 (Rare) + 7 (Ambition) = 27 EXP

Edited by ChaseR

Day 25

image.png.834169856fed70b7335deb7844b28059.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 8 + 1 = 9 (LD: 1) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat) [ID 172706]
Attempt 2: 4 + 1 = (LD: 15) | Salvage
Attempt 3: 1 + 1 = 2 (LD: 6) | Fail (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 4: 2 + 1 = (LD: 6) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 5: 9 + 1 = 10 (LD: 12) | Rare (-1 T1 Mat) [ID 172710]
Attempt 6: 8 + 1 = 9 (LD: 11) | Uncommon (-1 T1 Mat) | [ID: 172711]
Attempt 7: 4 + 1 = 5 (LD: 5) | Failed Salvage (-1 T1 Mat)

Total EXP: 1 (Fail) + 6 (Salvage) + 6 (Uncommon) + 5 (Rare) + 7 (Ambition) = 25 EXP

Edited by ChaseR
  • 1 month later...

"Make me another one."

The object the player had placed upon the counter appeared to be small. Had ChaseR not caught the woman's discreet movements, perhaps he might not have known of the item's existence. And yet, what missed information that might have been brought with the order had been assuaged by a small ticket attached to the tube; tabbed red on one end, and in bold black ink at the center, the name 'NIAN' was imprinted upon it.

Another pouch was formed upon the table in seconds. Velveteen green cloth, tucked away with a bronze string, a creation from Cardinal themselves. "Let me know when it's ready," the patron ushered, before taking her leave from the store.

Spoiler

Ordering the following from @ChaseR:

Item Name: Heaven's Decree
Profession: Artisan | Rank 6
Roll ID: 
Roll Result:
Item Type: TIER 1 PERFECT TRINKET
Enhancements: ACCURACY II | EVASION I
Description: A small cylindrical stamp coated in gold. It leaves marks of cinnabar with Nian's signature depicted upon it.
Post Link: 

Almost as soon as she slapped the accessory on the counter, Chase looked at her rather confused and furrowed both brows, running over to the front side of the store and waving at her as he tried to get her attention. "Oi oi, cat lady! It'll just take me a minute, hold your damn horses!", he almost growled at how much of a rush she was in, scratching the back of his head and going back into the crevices of his store, leaving the door open.

As he just told her, having taken the vanity accessory all the way back with himself he looked at it and re-read the word imprinted on the stamp. 'NIAN'..? Was that her name? "Very well then... For my third customer, here goes-!", he said before raising his small hammer, bringing it down on the chisel. While the first try failed, the second was a success, making a copy that was much better than the original, too- the perfect trinket (literally) for Nian. "All yours, lady."

[ChaseR gives Nian 'Heaven's Decree (T1/Perfect/Trinket/ACC II, EVA I)'.]

Spoiler

Day 26

image.png.63c6148643b8a19597043a90afa59cc0.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 9 + 1 = 10 (LD: 18) | Rare [ID 177910]
Attempt 2: 11 + 1 = 12 (LD: 13) | Perfect [ID 177911]

Total EXP: 5 (Rare) + 8 (Perfect) + 2 (Ambition) = 15 EXP

Edited by ChaseR

Despite its appearances to the artisan, it was quickly apparent from the look that crossed Nian's image when she returned that something about his craft was... off. A red handkerchief was summoned from the scrutinizing patron's inventory, and she wiped both items down with a frown before inspecting each of them one after another.

"A few micrometres off," she muttered under her breath, her eyes focused on the gap between the stamp and its cap. The woman continued her analysis, pressing the chop upon her skin to ensure the quality of its marks. Her final relief came when she looked forward to pocketing the tiny trinket, the cover of it clicking satisfactorily into place. "It'll do."

A scatter of greebles returned her collection's sake back into Nian's hold. "Ciao," the player hollered back, boosting off the ground with an agile step. "Keep the change, commoner."

Spoiler

Picking up the following:

• Heaven's Decree
    [#177911] | TIER 1 PERFECT TRINKET | ACCURACY II | EVASION I
    A small cylindrical stamp coated in gold. It leaves marks of cinnabar with Nian's signature depicted upon it.
  • 4 months later...

tbh idk why i put a ph everything is in spoiler and there is no shop post, just crafting

Spoiler

Day 27

image.png

CD Values:

Attempt 1: 2 + 1 = 3 (LD: 8) | Failed Salvage [ID 185919] (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 2: 5 + 1 = (LD: 1) | Failed Salvage [ID 185920] (-1 T1 Mat)
Attempt 3: 11 + 1 = 12 (LD: 1) | Perfect [ID 185921] (-1 T1 Mat)

Total EXP: 4 (Salvage) + 8 (Perfect) + 3 (Ambition) = 15 EXP

Lissandra had busied herself with an aimless stroll through the Shop District this morning. The sights and sounds of this virtual world still filled her with the same wonder and novelty they had on her first day. 

The young woman stepped into 'Cheap Chips' on a whim more than anything else. Shortly after the door swung closed behind her, Lissandra gave a kind welcome to the shopkeeper. "Goodmorning," she sang,  "How is today treating you hmm?"

While she listened to their reply, Lissandra wandered through the store, not really looking for anything in particular. That is until an oddly simple looking headband caught her eye. Fascinated, The young woman took the item up too the owner of the shop. "This is a stylish little piece of headware dear. What exactly would you like to trade for it? I dont have much. Some col and materials, Im willing to trade anything I can with what I have." Lissandra gave them a genuine smile as she gingerly set the trinket down on the cleanest part of the countertop between them.