[F9-PP] Searching for??? {Feeding the Enemy}

Eruda wakes up early with her mind racing with so much different content. Griswold and her dream, Sam and needing her to get better, all the new people that joined the guild that she would have to get to know better so she would feel comfortable being around them and the others at the same time. She gathers her things from her shop that was laying around and heads out. Today would be something weird for her because she seemed to be distracted by all of these unwanted thoughts. Another thing that crossed her mind was Griswold's new friend. Knowing that eventually, she wanted something similar that was fire-based so it matched her later gear. Sending a quick message to Griswold, she walks to the warp gate in the Town of Beginnings hoping to get her mind in check. Distract her mind from all the unanswered questions that could not yet be revealed. Her HUD chimes as she sends the message. Arriving at floor 9 after a swish of data through the morning sky with minutes of waiting, no response was given. Thinking of who else she could tolerate right now, help her get out of her own head...Setsuna...

Eruda quickly sends a message out to Setsuna saying:

I am doing that Familiar quest on the board. Would you like to join me? If yes I will be on floor 9 waiting. Let me know.

Eruda

Grabbing the quest from the board on floor 9, Eruda waits yet again for a response hoping that it wouldn't take long. While she waits she takes out what she had grabbed from the guildhall and eats/ activates everything hoping that this would make it sort of easier to complete this quest.

Eruda consumes/ Activates
Pheromone (+1 CD for Familiar Taming)
Spyglass: -5 Post count when searching for Familiar (2/3)
Cheerful March - Allure: +2 LD when searching for Familiar
Lemon Berry Palmiers: +3 LD

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 52
BLD:12
TAUNT
THRNS:18
REC:1

LD Total with Buffs: +9

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bleeding Edge - Malice (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Resistance Plate - Lily (Damage Mitigation 3 (+27 Mitigation)
Misc: Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 4]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Stalwart Defender (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Edited by Eruda
  • 3 weeks later...

Through the ever falling frost of floor 4, Setsuna was training her arts against softly drifting flakes of the stuff. The snow was up to her knees, and each exhales from her small stature brought about clouds of steam from her lips. A message alert rings through her HUD drawing her to take to a pause. "What is it now?" Setsuna barks flipping the menu open with her off-hand, finding the origin to be from the guild's blonde tank. "Eruda, what have you planned?" she whispers softly to the serene backdrop before returning the katana to her hip. Wading through the heavy snowfall toward Snowfrost and the gate that awaited her, she would take it to the destination the vanguard player had given her. The shocking twist in temperature is the first thing she notes, the insistent heat was aggressive and made her skin become humid. "I hate it." she speaks when she lands.

Setsuna | HP:440/440 | EN:44/44 | DMG:11 | EVA:3 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Setsuna, The Creature in the Mist
Level: 22
HP: 440/440
EN: 44/44

Stats:
Damage: 11
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Demon's Gaze T1/Perfect/Katana [+3 Base Damage]
Armor: Cold Fabric Kunoichi Wear T1/Perfect/L.A [+3 Evasion]
Misc: Kunoichi Wrapping's T1/Perfect/Trinket [+3 Accuracy]

Skills:
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Disguise

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*3
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Finishing up her activation she opens the quest to look over what she needed to accomplish for this specifically. Through a beam of light on the warp gate, she sees Setsuna arrive. Closing her HUD she walks to the young girl saying "Thank you for joining me, this is a bit out of what I have been doing but looking further into this familiar quest, it will help us build in strength." She starts to walk toward the exit of the town as she says "I met up with Griswold earlier when he came across his creature consumed in fire. I swear that I saw something out in the smoke watching us while we were trying to figure his beast out. I want to see if I could find it again and take it for myself," explaining herself. Hopefully, Setsuna would not ask the one question that Eruda couldn't really answer, why her...

She had been here for only a matter of minutes and she was already tired of the heat of this floor. It smelled of brimstone and was heavy. "I suppose I can aid you, but this heat is awful." she remarks hopping off the warp gate with a soft landing and a clack of the flat padded sandals on her feet. "Suitable for a blacksmith being surrounded by so much fire. Even more, so that he would seek a flame." another comment that was rather wise for her age. "Then let's find this beast, so I can exit this dreaded floor before I turn to ash." with this final phrase she began out into the floor, spinning up onto a highrise like a gymnast and looking out to see if she could get a bead on the creature although the description that Eruda had provided left much to be desired.

The girl seemed to not like this environment very much, but Eruda felt comfortable in it. She was no blacksmith and never grew up in anything as hot as this place. "I appreciate the help...The creature looked almost like a wolf of sorts. It took on a light blue coloring which is weird given the environment takes on a red hue. It was quick because the moment I saw it, it was gone." Eruda starting to get a bit excited with her explanation but she was still curious as to if it was even fire-based. "I last saw it this way, we were gathering ores when I only saw a glance up it up there," saying as she pointed at the small incline with the fire burning around the area, a cloud of smoke rising from the ground like it would be hot to the touch. "I am not sure if it's still there but that's where last saw it," Eruda speaks as to give some form of direction. She starts walking over there keeping an eye out for the fast wolf-like creature.

Looking down from her perch to the blonde haired tank, Setsuna nods at her evaluation of the beast they were seeking through the fire and brimstone of the floor that scorched her soft skin. "Light blue coloring should make it easier to pick out of the background." she comments leaping from one surface to another as she parades over the top of the tank keeping a different perspective to increase their odds of finding the creature they sought. A glimpse through the blackened soot shows a glimmer of blue on the horizon. "Eruda..." Setsuna speaks in a hushed tone, pulling her mask up over her mouth with one hand as she points with the other. She would then spiral off in the direction, keeping an eye locked to the target they were seeking out with the falling of small pebbles being the only thing to give off her presence outside of the nav marker.

Edited by Setsuna

"It should yes," Eruda says in a small voice as she glances to Setsuna calling her name in an almost whisper. Eruda's eyes dart to where the girl was looking. A small grin forms on her face as she watches the small blue glimmer in the distance. It seemed to be just standing there though. Eruda wasn't the sneaky type. She hopes that it wouldn't make a difference though as she starts walking toward the blue glint. Eruda's foot hits a rock which was very expected though given her previous thought. "Dam it" saying in a small voice as the rock is kicked in its direction. Not being close enough to see what creature it was, Eruda just sees the light blue glimmer jump further from her view "Setsuna, this way" as she makes haste toward this glimmer while trying to stay quiet but not wanting to lose sight of it. Eruda had not a clue if this was the thing she saw the other day but she didn't want to take any chances of losing it just in case it was.

Leaping from place to place trying to keep up with the beast as it was fluttering through the scenery, Eruda had alerted it to their moving up to capture it. She was keeping pace as best as she could but the four legged beasts were rather quick as well, their speeds rather matched. Sliding around a branch and falling down to pick up her movement hoping that on the ground would give her an edge. "Try and keep up." Setsuna barked behind her as she jumped, attempting to corral the monster toward the blonde tank. It was parading over the tops of stones with a little issue as it was moving to extricate itself from the players as they scattered to catch up to it. Pools of fire worked to slow the O&I member down, as the humidity was removing her breath as if smothering her with each passing second.

With a small nod, she begins to run behind Setsuna knowing though that she wouldn't be able to keep pace given her heavy armor. Eruda looks ahead as she tries her best not to fall too far behind as Setsuna cuts the creature off. Sliding to a halt with its way being blocked now, it starts to run the other way. Eruda manages to cut it off in the direction it was running toward. It slides to another halt and looks around with what looks like panic. Being so close now it looked like a wolf with blue flame designs pained across its fur. Eruda smiles and the thing looks at her with a smirk as it jumps to the rock to the right of Eruda and then to the one right behind her. Looking behind her the creature was jumping from rock to rock with little to no issues. "Dam it, Setsuna," she calls out knowing that is she tried to jump from rock to rock her face was sure to be plastered to the ground in no time.

Edited by Eruda

Her feet collide with the ground with ferocity in her speeds past the creature and slides herself vertically before bolting up in front of the wolf. It stops and kneels into a fuzz of its back, looking at Setsuna with a glare giving it was becoming quickly boxed in. "Try me..." Setsuna hisses as a cold mist quickly alters the air temperature as her eyes flair with a light blue. It growls at her. "You have two options, stand your ground or die." placing her hand to the hilt on her side and pacing back and forth as a flurry kept at her back, she'd have more than enough speed now to cut it down should it decide to attempt to flee again. The A.I. decides to stand and fight, barreling toward the small girl who vanishes and slides back into existence just off kilter where she stood. "Eruda move quickly before I am forced to slay your pet."

Hearing Setsuna threaten to slice and dice it, it Eruda makes haste toward the creature and her. Without second thought seeing it distracted and frantic, pacing and scared, Eruda jumps at it. The jump though was more of a jump, catch, roll to feet situation. Eruda stood there for a moment in front of Setsuna now with the creature in her arms in awed that that had actually worked. After a moment the thing in her arms starts to wiggle from her grip. "Okay, hey, you're fine!" Saying this the creature burst into blue flames and Eruda let it drop to the ground. It didn't run although it probably wanted to, it looked Eruda over with curious golden eyes as it was trying to figure out what she wanted from it. It didn't seem hostile for the most part but it looked very much alert as it glances to Setsuna and back to Eruda.

ID# 160970 results: Loot: 16+9=25 Caught the Familiar 

Edited by Eruda

Having the beast's attention Eruda quickly rips in behind it and tackles the creature to the ground in a tumble, the blackened blue hound quickly rips itself free from her grasp. "Then do your part, I will be watching and waiting. I will be here if you need me." Setsuna mutters softly before fading into her mist, she would keep an eye on the surrounding area and keep hostiles from intervening on what Eruda was performing. Nestling at the peak of a large spire of rock with fleet feet she ascends it easily, she looks down at the blonde tank as she attempts to corral the creature them sharing locked gaze as if they had reached some sort of understanding. The chilling breeze was staving off the heat of the floor keeping her sustained through it, but it was obvious this was not her domain as she could feel as though she would wilt away.

Eruda takes a seat with a nod toward Setsuna as she vanished into the mist that she created in the heat amongst them. Eruda scoots herself a bit closer to the wolf and it moves a few steps back with its head down and a small growl as to warm Eruda not to get closer. Not sure if it was going to understand her at all she tries saying "I saw you the other day. You were watching us weren't you?" It does a weird huff as if it was sniffing the air around them. Looking fully over the creature, it most definitely looked like a wolf but the unique black body with different colors of blue flames up its feet, the tip of the tail, and in the middle of its back. It also had a blue main around its neck, connecting down its chest. Seeing a small blue flame shaped eye patch on just one of its eyes made Eruda smile. "I would like to bring you home. I promise I'll take care of you and you won't have to be alone out here anymore." Eruda sticks her hand out toward it and at first, it was hesitant. It comes a bit closer with its head down. Holding her hand to head level now it sniffs at Eruda's hand to get a feel for her. A small lick was given and Eruda smiles as it rubs its head against her hand. Now getting a better look at it was female and stood about 2 feet tall on all fours. Calling out to Setsuna now "I have her, do you want to come say hello?" It sits down next to Eruda with a small twist of the head looking at her wondering what was next.

ID# 160973 results: Craft: 9+1=10 Taming Succeeded!

234-2341623_wolf-with-wings-wolf-with-wings-drawing.png

Edited by Eruda

Once the creature seemed responsive to Eruda, Setsuna starts her descent sliding and vaulting down the rough face with finesse. Her hastened speed quickly diminishes as she lands, looking over the pair. "You have your pet, Let's get off this floor. I hate it." she comments removing the mask over the bottom half of her face and taking a sharp breath before raising it again. The volcanic temperatures were smothering her something fierce, she was extremely uncomfortable in this place as her almost white pale skin was being baked by the environment. Setsuna starts to move back to the warp gate trying to extricate herself from this place at a steady pace, the footfalls of her tabi making each step virtually silent against the sounds of boiling magma and pocketed steam being released. "Are you coming?" she remarks looking back to Eruda, taking on the duty of safeguarding the tank from being singled out by hostiles of the floor.

Eruda gets to her feet and dusts herself off. Looking down at the wolf she smiles. "Come little one. When I start to train you and learn what you can do I'll give you a name." She gives a small howl sound that sounded oddly like a bark. Eruda smiles as she starts to run to catch up to Setsuna. With little to no effort, the wolf keeps pace with almost a trotting motion. Her head was held high as she walks to Setsuna's side and nudges her hand with her nose. Eruda gives the wolf a half-smile as she was trying to get Setsuna's attention. Not wanting to put words in Setsuna's mouth, Eruda stays quiet and walks to her side and pets the top of the wolf's head. Eruda wanted to see how she would react to the wolf without her input hoping that she would be respectful of the newfound friend.

A bit taken back by the sudden brush of black fur against her palm, she didn't know how to respond simply removing her hand from its hang out of the familiars reach. "I hope it was worth the effort, I would hate for this to be a waste of time." Setsuna hissed with her silver hair spinning as she looked to Eruda, the heat was causing her to be a slight bit more irritable. With Eruda having her creature, Setsuna activates the warp gate and exits the miserable surroundings with a flash of blue.

Setsuna moves to floor 4

Back into the chilled city of Snowfrost, she felt immediate relief, the sounds of crunching snow with each step she was heading back toward her tailoring shop to which she would practice her style of the katana. Removing the blade from her hip she started to contemplate the methods of training she would undertake, moving ever toward unattainable perfection.

They both watch as Setsuna heads her own way. Eruda didn't get a chance to thank her. A whining sound comes from her new friend and Eruda gets the one knee to a better level. "You are worth it..." Eruda wanted to say a name but nothing came to mind. "Hmm, we are really going to have to change that aren't we." Petting the main of her chest, it was soft. "Setsuna will warm up to you soon enough...Or at least that's what we can hope for. There are others for you to meet though. Let's get you trained so I can make sure you're not going to bite someone's hand off." Eruda opens her HUD and sents a quick message but changes her mind. Not getting that change to thank her, she would follow having a feeling where she would be going. 

Eruda gets to her feet and starts heading to floor 4 where the snow would be more of Setsuna's environment. Taking the warp gate making sure the wolf was behind her, she teleports to floor 4. Seeing the familiar females back walking in the snow Eruda calls out "You left before I could thank you. I come to you now to do just that." Glancing down she sees the wolf's head burrowed under the snow. "What are you doing," she says to the wolf as it pops its head out and falls backwards with a puff of blue flames igniting around her. Eruda couldn't help but laugh as the snow seemed to of melted and the pup was now sitting on the solid ground looking at Setsuna with a tilted head.

Edited by Eruda

A flash of light blue energy as she clips a small falling flake of frost in two causing it to evaporate shortly after, she pays no response to Eruda's show of appreciation for it was her job to do what she had done. "I am training." she spoke with a cold but soft tone, it felt hollow and along with it more slashes of the blade in her hand to the flakes that never ceased to fall. This is what she spent her 'downtime' on, not relaxing or resting but instead always trying to improve her methods and speed. Behind each swing was a trail of cyan but each attack was the strongest one she could muster, it was an exercise in endurance and precision than sustainability. As such, she was tapping out her reserves rather quickly, as she had done when she was initially taught the blade via Kyoshi some time ago.

Watching Setsuna's fluent movements in the cold air, snow begins to fall. Eruda glances down just for a moment before seeing her wolf trying to eat the snowflakes floating down slowly. Looking through the trees to the icy floors where she once spent a good chunk of her day with Raidou. She enjoyed every moment of smiling and falling with Riadou catching her. Looking to Setsuna again saying "Have you ever tried those movements on the ice. I don't know if it's different for you because from what I have seen you already have great balance but it might help with something else." Eruda thinks for a moment before saying "I know that I am just some person to protect from the big bad uglies but maybe you might consider me a friend to talk to." Eruda gives Setsuna a small smile before calling to her wolf. "I am going to get this girl trained. Please consider it Setsuna. We all need someone we can count on especially at a time like this." Eruda had not a clue how something so young could be so violent but she knew this game and what it could do to one's life if fallen into darkness.

She would remain silent until Eruda left, seemingly unfettered by her words and continuing to lay into the galavanting flakes that flowed endlessly from above. She exhales sharply having expended her energy to the last drop, getting faster and clipping more of the targets with each swing of her provided katana. Setsuna looks back toward the town to which the blonde tank had left, stepping through the snow rather gingerly. She glides a bit and almost has her feet fall out from underneath her, the ice was slick but she manages to right herself. The hours that paint the sky in orange, spent doing the same routine she had with one catch. It on the frozen lake as suggested proving that she was confused and was willing to seek a guiding hand despite her overwhelming pride "Maybe there was more to your words than what I first interpreted that day, Kyoshi".

Quest Complete:

Eruda:

Familiar Obtained

3*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward)

Setsuna:

2*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus)

Simmone (Guild Treasurer)

400*Col