[PP|F1] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> A little cheesy, but still grate.

It's been 2 years since he entered SAO, 2 years since Antonie got stuck in this virtual hellscape. He finally came to accept that this would be his life now, whatever was going on outside of here was no longer his business. He downed another bottle and chucked it at the wall in front of him shattering into tiny, little virtual pieces that vanished before hitting the ground, just like his hopes of ever going back. With a defeated sigh he stood up and started scratching his scalp. "Quests, quests, quests..." he thought to himself. Antonie had heard that word one too many times. Word was that if you wanted to move up in this world you needed to do quests and the best one to start with was a quest from an "NPC" named Zackariah. Antonie had no idea were to start looking considering that he spent most of his time drinking, sleeping and eating that disgusting blob that people called food.

It was obvious that Antonie needed help, so he turned to the only person that was stuck with him from the beginning. He lifted his hand in the air extended his middle and index finger and swiped downwards, bringing up the menu. Antonie paused for a moment and a bright smile appeared on his face. He had finally done it, he managed to open the menu. For someone that had no idea what an HP bar meant this was a colossal achievement. He navigated to his friends list and sent a message to the only person there @The_Infuser: "Could you come to the plaza? Maybe it's time to start doing those 'quests'. xoxoxo ~ Antonie"

Spoiler

Name: Cupc4k3
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats:
Damage: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Old Warhammer>> Vanity
Armor: <<Simple Plate Armor>> Vanity
Misc:

Skills:
Warhammer [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions (heal 50HP)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Having come to terms with the system and not being able to cook anything worthwhile, Lugi stares into the horizon with no real motivation. Suddenly, in the corner of his eye he spots a system notification, it seems to be a message from his younger brother, he wants to meet at the plaza and start a quest. Seeing his brother finally surpass the misery he was in for the past two years gave Lugi the motivation he needed to start doing what this cursed game wanted.

Walking towards the plaza he got to see many enjoyable sights, from merchants selling their wares to blacksmiths hammering down on an unfinished blade. It seems that even though many people were shaken by the news of them being stuck in this foreign place, some still made the best out of their situation and started creating a community within this nightmare. Reaching the meeting point he sees his brother waiting for him. Feeling happy to see @Cupc4k3 in a better mood he approaches him to ask what kind of quest he was talking about.

Spoiler

Name: The_Infuser
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats:
Damage: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Plain Dagger>> Vanity
Armor: <<Simple Leather Armor>> Vanity
Misc:

Skills:
Dagger [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions (heal 50HP)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by The_Infuser
Forgot to add the spoiler

"Mio fratello!" said Antonie as he saw his brother approached him and gave him a kiss on the cheek as Italians do. If he knew what "no-homo" meant and it wasn't part of his culture he would've said it by now.  Antonie taps his brother on his back and says "You see Lugi... or should I call you The_Infuser? I don't know if you noticed but..." he pauses for a second and leans closer to his brothers ear while saying in a serious tone: "We can only cook this repulsive muss." No longer whispering he  continuous by saying  "I thought that it had to do with my skills degrading which, let's face it, it's impossible. But apparently the grade of our cooking is tied to these 'LVLs' and the only way to get the 'LVLs' up is by doing quests." Antonie started straightening his "Van Dyke" beard, a thing he does when he is about to brag about something, making it pointy enough to pluck someone's eye out. "After snooping around I found the perfect quest for us by a man named Zackariah, do you by any chance know where he might be?"

Edited by Cupc4k3
Remove spoiler with equipment, apparently it's only needed once per thread

Happy to see his brother in high spirits and ecstatic to finally find the reason why the only thing he can cook is a disgusting mush. “It seems like we should find a way to finish as many missions as possible to be able to reach our previous level of cooking. I have also heard of this fellow Zackariah, he’s an old man that makes something called “HP Potions”, I will lead the way.” Patting his brother on the back he starts walking in the direction of the old man’s shop. The way to the shop is littered with roadside attractions and merchants selling their wares. Finally reaching an old building that although seemed ancient it was well kept and had a sort of charm to it “And here we are fratello this is where our journey towards culinary greatness starts. Let us hope the quest he has to give is an exiting one.”

The quest was, in fact, not an exciting one. Zacharia had given the two brothers the task of collecting materials, in other words a fetch quest. Antonie was quite relieved by having a task so seemingly peaceful, considering that he expected a much more dangerous quest from a game named SWORD Art Online.

Once they exited the safezone, he started looking out for materials to collect. Antonie squatted "They should be somewhere around here.", he said as he started looking around near the ground. The materials are meant to give off a glow making the relatively easy to find or at least that's how it should be.

After spending some time looking around persistently to no avail, he gets up and starts scratching his head. "This has to be the right place... right?" he questioned himself as he started stretching his back. With an audible sigh he turns his head to his brother and asks to see if he had better luck finding any of the materials needed.

unknown.png.b82e43ce8375b207dfd147bce583bd7e.png

Spoiler

OOC: I love how I rolled critical on everything excluding Loot. I have the power to kill god rn but can't find the darn materials that I need ;3;

Edited by Cupc4k3
Fixed spacing

Although the quest did seem as exciting as Lugi would have hoped he still wanted to get this so called “EXP” that this quest had to offer. Even though it seemed simple enough to collect some materials off the ground, it was surprisingly difficult to find any. Hoping that his brother might have had some better luck he turns to him only to find that this task might be a lot harder than what he first though. “It seems like we both are not the best at looking for some supposedly “easy to find” materials. Let’s give it another shot and perhaps try to be a bit more perceptive.” Who would have thought that in a virtual world that focuses on fighting they would get stuck looking at a field, hoping to find some basic materials for an old man. “How did we end up like this?” Lugi muttered to no one in particular.

627617464_Annotation2020-07-22155829.jpg.6b0dfd8f6c0c3162364780aff5e3fa37.jpg

Edited by The_Infuser
LD Roll result

"Yeah, let's continue looking. Not like we have a choice in the matter, this is something we have to do." Said Antonie followed by a sigh as he continued looking for the materials and started questioning if collecting grass is what kids are into these days. Not that he really bothered learning about the current trends anyway.

Antonie looked around and found nothing, the task Zachariah gave them started to seem more troublesome than originally thought. He started wondering if the heat was getting to him, which is the reason why he couldn't find the materials that are supposedly meant to glow. But that couldn't have possibly been the reason. After all he spent most of his life in a kitchen that could easily rival the heat in hell.

"Say... do you think that perhaps that Zachariah fellow conned us? I mean if you think about it, if these materials were so  'oh so easy to find', he could've gone out to get them himself don't you think?" said Antonie in an ironic tone.

Screenshot_17.png.90be6b20124058a6b87e18ed430ce290.png

Edited by Cupc4k3