[PP-F4] The Empowering Essence <<Essence of Steel>>

Krysta walked throughout the snow of the fourth floor. She had been informed by her ally, Keita, of an item that is said to improve the quality of equipment, from uncommon to rare, and rare to perfect. Whether or not it could produce the mythical fourth slot remained unknown and untested, as far as Keita had known...and there was but one last issue regarding the useful item...it would only be dropped by a monster with a "Glass cannon" build, meaning it had formidable damage, but poor defenses. Surely, a well defended player could easily strike it down. She was ready to leave the safe zone, and would surely be prepared for whatever lies ahead... "If Alex and I are going to take our chances, I might as well seek to make our lives easier. Frost Beast, you shall be vanquished!" She thought aloud. She knew that the boss would spawn somewhere within the floor's frozen wastes...but she had yet to sight this boss throughout her time on this floor.

@Astralin @Dazia

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  31
HP:  620
EN:  62
DMG:  12(OHR Rank 5[+5], Yolviinsil[+6])

ACC: 1(Nightshade)

Paralysis: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

T2 Bleed: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

Mitigation: 54(Lumino Regalia, Lux Regalia)

Thorns: 36 Damage on successful enemy attack rolls of 6-8(Lux Regalia)

Recovery: Recovers an additional 2 EN on Natural CD rolls of 6-12(Lumino Regalia)

Battle Healing: Recovers 6 HP per turn

Equipment:

[T2]Nightshade(Rapier: ACC, PAR, BLD)[Equipped]

[T2]Lumino Regalia(Light Armor: 2 MIT, 1 REC)[Equipped]

[T2]Lux Regalia(Shield: 1 MIT, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

Battle Ready Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

First Aid Rank 3

Battle Healing Rank 1

Meditation[Unskilled]

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 3

Mods:  None

Astralin hadn't been to the fourth floor yet, but she considered herself ready for some of what it had to offer...save for the cold, that is. If only she had the col for a coat to go over her equipment. She was shivering slightly, but still willing to go through anyway. "I guess that's one thing I didn't account for...the cold...I wonder if I'll need certain items to avoid taking hypothermic damage on this floor..." She thought. There had to be something to hep her get herself warmed up, for the time being. Maybe she could ask for help? She would look around the town of Snowfrost, hoping to see if there was a player who knew whether or not outside the safe zone of floor four could deal cold damage to players. Eventually, she spotted a player dressed in black, rather short, but possibly helpful. "Hey, d-do the wilds of this f-floor deal any d-damage from cold?" She asked the player.

@Dazia

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 9

Max HP: 180

Max EN: 18

Base DMG: 6(Sticky Ricky[+3], Martial Arts Rank 2[+2])

Equipment:

[T1]Gloves of the Astral Storm(1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T1]Sticky Ricky(3 DMG)[Equipped]

[T1]Alkarina's Resolve(2 EVA, 1 REC)[Equipped]

Skills:

First Aid Rank 1

Martial Arts Rank 2

Dazia was in the town of Snowfrost, Considering what her next move would be against the Frost Beast, a monster said to drop a mysterious and very useful item upon its death...but only one. She had also learned how to make the monster appear, all she needed was a plan...and maybe someone who could keep her alive if this "Glass Cannon" was deadlier than expected. Yes, she had an Idea on how to face the creature, but she could use a little help...

Just then, a shivering blonde walked up to her, asking if the wilds of floor four dealt any cold damage to players without the proper methods for keeping warm. Dazia sighed. "First off, you must be truly desperate, asking a random player a question like that..." She began. If this player was along the lines of what she needed, she would need to make her an ally, even if only temporarily. "Anyone could simply tell you no, even if it actually did. Of course, it is possible to shiver in the cold without taking damage as it is to sweat in the heat without taking damage... For this floor, you just have to wear something decent to avoid hypothermal damages, assuming they exist...but you'd still want to avoid falling into any icy pits, caverns, or water. Water saps body heat, so if anything on this floor would do any cold damage, it would be the waters with thin ice. you fall in the water, you're either significantly worse than you are now, frozen, or maybe even dead...this is all an educated guess, seeing that I've gone through this floor before...and seen a thing or two that happens to the less fortunate." She explained. "I was actually considering taking on a powerful enemy, but I don't like m chances alone...two players are stronger than one, and it's just a weak ass monster, nothing I couldn't handle...if I was a higher level, that is. Just a little more of a push is all it would take. What do you say?"

@Astralin

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  23
HP:  460
EN:  46
DMG:  8(One Handed Rapier Rank 5[+5], Rapier of Wrath[+2])

MIT: 26(Ombra del Corvo, Light Armor rank 2)

ACC: 2(Rapier of Wrath, Corvid's Eye)

EVA: 2(Ombra del Corvo, Corvid's Eye)

Items:

[T1]Rapier of Wrath(2 DMG, 1 ACC)[Equipped]

[T1]Ombra del Corvo(2 MIT, 1 EVA)[Equipped]

[T1]Corvid's Eye(1 ACC, 1 EVA)[Equipped]

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

Light Armor Rank 2(+8 Mitigation)

At first, the player didn't seem very keen on being spoken to. But then she would explain not only why Astralin's choice to walk up to someone random wasn't the best idea, but the answer to her question, as well as the reason why. Not long after she made her explanation, she would ask if Astralin wanted to help her out on a monster hunt. She seemed to know what she was doing, but it would help for this player to know what she was working with. "I can...I can strike with my innate p-p-power, and h-heal minor wounds..." She stated. "I might not be v-very much right now...but I'm q-quickly growing in lev-v-vel..." Hopefully, this would make it easier to decide whether or not it would be safe for Astralin to tag along... "M-my name is Astralin..." She introduced herself, as she was starting to keep up with her own shivering.

@Dazia

The blonde would admit that while she wasn't much, she could fight and heal. That was all she needed to hear. The blonde would then introduce herself as Astralin. "Astralin, hm? I'm Dazia. I only intend to survive, by any means necessary. Of course, with your help, that monster I spoke of will be no match whatsoever." Dazia explained. She had found a healer. There was nothing more to consider. "Consider yourself on board for the hunt. We leave as soon as you're able. can you keep up with the shivering? The frozen wastes are a chilly place at all times, like the rest of this floor...I simply learned to get used to it." She decided as she sent Astralin a party invite, essentially using the pressure of the situation to drag Astralin along for this fight... Dazia didn't want to waste any more time, and she now had a healer to keep her in the fight...this was now a guaranteed victory, and the Essence of Steel would be hers... "I know exactly where in the wastes we need to go. Follow me." She told the blonde.

@Astralin

Edited by Dazia

Krysta left the safe zone, ready to face what the floor had in store for her. She referred to her map for the location of her foe, so it wouldn't be likely that she would get lost in the wastes. Having a good informant truly made a major difference. The wastes often had creatures roaming about, but none of those present were interested in fighting Krysta. Did they see no reason to, or were they simply afraid of her, over her stats? It mattered little, for Krysta was on a missive to obtain an item for her and Vigilon, as well as slay an awful beast of ice...one that wasn't Avalanche. She would soon find herself amidst a field of bones, seeing a great mystery become her next obstacle as she opened her map to realize she was where the boss was supposed to be found... "Where...where is the monster?" She thought aloud, puzzled.

Moving through the wastes would prove to be no trouble at all. The local monsters were uninterested in being a nuisance. Perfect, this was the window of opportunity Dazia needed. A healer, no interruptions along the way, and the item would be hers in a matter of minutes when the boss fight began. Dazia led Astralin through the frozen wastes. "We're going to come across a field strewn with bones, and the target will only spawn when someone strikes the center skull with one of the bones lying around...if what I heard was true, you don't want to be the one who strikes the skull, seeing that you're not a tank, and my informants tell me that the beast will seek out the one who struck the skull first." Dazia explained. Gain her trust, recieve her help, get the item, it was all simple as that...but there would be one thing that Dazia didn't anticipate. When the players arrived, Dazia would see a familiar face amidst the wastes...one she wasn't too fond of. "Damn..." She muttered. "It's Princess..."

@Astralin @Krysta

Astralin would find herself receiving a party invite, then being essentially dragged around by non-physical means. "Ah-aaaaaaahhh, ok? I-" Flustered, she pressed accept and walked faster to catch up with the small girl. This was too fast for any normal situation. Something was up, she just didn't know what. What did this girl want? She had introduced herself as Dazia, a player who only intends to survive, by any means necessary...maybe she has to fight this monster, like her life depended on it? Otherwise, why would she be in such a rush to get her help? She seemed to be helping Astralin out...to an extent. Dazia would explain the situation, that it would be best that Astralin didn't strike the skull because she wasn't a Tank...was...was this a high damage opponent? Did she just need a tank or a healer? Astralin was willing to help out and do her part, sure, but this seemed kind of...different. She was about to ask a question, when she saw a familiar face over where the players were going. "Krysta? Heeeey, Krysta!!" She called out, waving to the player. She then looked to Dazia, and her smile faded. She might not have been able to see the girl's eyes from the cowl being over her head, but Astralin could definitely see that she...didn't look too pleased. Something was definitely going on here.

@Krysta @Dazia

Before she had a chance to properly investigate the bones, she heard a familiar voice. "Astralin?" She recognized. She turned around to see her...and Dazia. "Dazia!" She called out as she drew her weapon. "Wait...Astralin, what are you doing with this murderer? Do you not know the things she has done?" She asked Astralin. She then looked back to Dazia. "Do not think you have her fooled. Besides, I have seen the monument. Wardege, Lupix, Aldinago, they have all been slain by your hand! What do you have to say about that?" She stated as she pointed her weapon towards Dazia. It mattered not where she would end Dazia's evil deeds, it simply mattered that she put an end to this before it could worsen any further. "Astralin, this player cannot be trusted, she has murdered three players so far, and who knows when she will do it again? I wouldn't be surprised if she had committed other crimes along the way!" She explained, believing Astralin had simply been played for a fool.

@Astralin @Dazia

So Astralin knew this player...not only that, but Krysta drew her weapon against Dazia, and began speaking to Astralin, saying that she had "murdered" three players. "Damn it!" Dazia thought. "If that trusting blonde is dumb enough to side with Princess, I'm dead!" She knew she had to persuade Astralin in order to stay alive... "Astralin...this girl wasn't there, but I was. Yes, I killed them, but there was no common murder, as she so claims. Wardege had a burst of madness as he challenged me to a total loss duel, but got over it during the middle of the fight, despite that neither of us knew how to end the duel without one killing the other. Lupix threatened the life of another, so I dueled in place of the girl she sought to kill. Aldinago was a criminal, a thief...who was ready to go for his first kill, and I was his target. His assault ended in failure as I ended his life...such is the way of this game... emotional and mental pain and agony." She explained.

@Astralin @Krysta

Krysta drew her weapon and aimed it at Dazia. "Oh, no," Astralin thought. "They're enemies..." Indeed, they were, and Krysta would tell Astralin that Dazia had...murdered people?? She walked until she was exactly between the two players, then she turned a bit and stepped back as to not be in any crossfire if blades were to be clashed regardless. She looked over to Dazia, who did look kind of shady, with black getup similar to an assassin's...or maybe that was just the gear. Dazia admitted that she had killed three players, but she claimed to have a reason to kill each one. Two kills out of self-defense, and one kill for another's defense... She looked over to Krysta who did appear kind of like a battle-ready fairytale maiden, justified in her actions and point of view. "So..." She thought aloud. "Dazia did kill three players, but everyone had something different to say." She looked to Krysta. "Dazia just might be right, you weren't there..." She noted. She then looked over to Dazia. "However, it is also possible that Dazia could have lied about why she killed them. She was there, but the others who might have been there aren't here right now..." She remarked. "I need to think about this carefully, even though I was never the best at decisions like these..." She realized.

What will Astralin do?

-Fight alongside Krysta.

-Defend Dazia.

-Refuse to pick a side.

It figured that Dazia would dare to lie about her deeds, using the truth that she did kill them to draw in Astralin's trust... "Liar! Wardege would never have fallen to madness! He was a kind and generous soul, through and through! Your words have nothing but deceit, and you shall pay the price all the same!" Krysta declared. Astralin looked to Krysta, then to Dazia, as she seemed to be thinking aloud. "Precisely, Astralin. We were not witnesses, but Dazia was the only one present who could possibly speak on the matter at this moment, we cannot trust the words of those who commit evil, they must be stopped or vanquished instead! You can trust me, for I knew Wardege...he was my cousin, and a good man. A righteous, innocent man!" She stated, trying to help Astralin with the situation. She was willing to add more if need be, but it was to be Astralin's decision on who to support...

Princess claimed that Dazia was lying...well, of course she would say that. Astralin would begin to start thinking out loud... and Princess would attempt to further influence the blonde in her favor. Dazia would have to change that quick before Astralin decided to join Princess, which would result in Dazia being outnumbered... "Listen, both of you...I have seen some s**t. Children have fallen to madness, so what's stopping a white knight from falling down to the level of insanity? This game has, or is, affecting us all one way or another. Strengthens some, weakens others, and drives some to extremity or insanity. This is our new reality, and we better get used to living in this forsaken game until we can leave it." Dazia stated. "Besides, what do you think you'll get out of killing me? Is there any reason other than revenge?" Dazia asked, wondering if vengeance was all this Princess could think of whenever Dazia was in her sight.

"..."

Both players continued to make their points. Krysta said that she knew Wardege, that he was a righteous and innocent man. Dazia said that anyone, even children, could fall to insanity within this game...could it be true? She didn't know, but there was much she had yet to know...

"...I..."

There wasn't much she could do, and if these two were bent on fighting each other, could she bear taking up arms against the other if she picked a side? They both had their points, but how would there be actual proof? Definitely none at a time or place like this!

"I'm not going to hurt anyone, if that's what either of you are asking of me. There's not nearly enough to go off of, I'm not really involved in this..."

She would let the two players have their say before putting the icing on the cake of her decision.

"Put down your weapons! This is not the time to slay one another!" She called out to the two players as she held her hands in the air, each one directed at one of the two players. "I'm sure a peaceful solution exists, now if you would just hear me out... even if it's only temporarily, why not try putting this aside for now, and work together to fight whatever we came here to fight!" She explained. "It's just a weak enemy, it shouldn't be hard!"

Fight alongside Krysta.

Defend Dazia.

>>Refuse to pick a side.<<

Dazia would continue to lie further... and Astralin would seem to be conflicted. "If you do not wish to fight to the death, you don't have to. I simply believed you would understand that- What?" Krysta was confused. What was Astralin meaning by this? "Astralin...what are you..."

Astralin would then tell both players to...put down their weapons. "Pardon???" She questioned.

Was she really refusing to pick a side??

Astralin would continue, claiming that she was certain that a peaceful solution existed. She then suggested the inconceivable...she suggested that Krysta and Dazia...work together?!?!?

"Not possible, it shall never happen!" Krysta declared, standing firm. Astralin made a certain remark...that made no sense. "Astralin...what we're up against is a quest boss." Krysta revealed. "Dazia is clearly using you, don't listen to her. Even a Glass Cannon can be deadly to a lower-level player like yourself." She suggested, believing that Astralin had indeed been played for a fool at this point.

Astralin didn't know what to think, it seemed. "Astralin, no one is asking you to kill anyone." she noted. Astralin noted how she wasn't involved in this...and Princess seemed to be confused, which Dazia was too, only slightly.

"Astralin...what are you..."

"...Going to do, then?" Dazia finished.

The next thing Dazia knew, Astralin was making a big mistake, and it wasn't joining Princess. It was telling her and Dazia to put away their weapons. Dazia looked to her left hand, and her weapon was drawn. Astralin was attentive enough to spot it, she'd give her that...but what she continued with, that really made things difficult. "Excuse me?" Dazia asked. "Sworn enemies working together? Is that blonde's head full of s**t?" She thought. "Me, work with Princess?? No. Out of the question." She stated.

Krysta revealed to Astralin that the players were about to fight a boss...which would have cut it close, if it weren't for a certain factor... "Oh, Princess...you don't know?" She asked. "The boss must be summoned, and it will seek to attack the one who summons it. I recommended against Astralin being the one to spawn it, as a result...yes, it's a glass cannon, but that means it has terrible defenses. Even if I got damaged...well, Astralin here is a healer, I could literally carry her through the fight. Still not convinced? Let me show you!" She explained. With that, she grabbed a bone with her right hand and slammed it against the giant skull that was sticking out of the ground. The impact from the hatred released from the attack made a tiny, barely noticeable crack in the skull, and the bone shattered as the sound of the impact reverberated around the area, and a creature of ice would burst out of the ice and snow. It turned its icy gaze to Dazia, and the battle would begin...

Dazia struck the target, and it would fail to even hit. The enemy's HP fell right into the yellow. So far, so good.

(OOC: forgot to place "Frost Beast's Attack" in the roll purpose, letting you know here so there are no complications)

ID# 158218 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG), MD: 7-2=5(miss)

Over Radiation: 9x14=126 DMG to Frost Beast

[2]Dazia: HP 460/460EN 33/46 | 8 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Krysta: ?????????

Astralin: ?????????

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 124/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation. 

Edited by Dazia

Not long after Krysta revealed this to Astralin, Dazia claimed that she said this was the reason why she didn't want Astralin to spawn it, as the one who did so would be its primary target... "Astralin, did she really tell you this?" She asked. It was then that Dazia would get the boss to spawn, as to prove her own point. She grabbed a bone and struck the giant skull with it...and the boss would emerge from the ice. Dazia attacked it, and the frozen monstrosity would fail to strike back. The monster's HP was in the yellow now, so it should only take a bit more to finish it off. She readied her sword art, and struck the monster with Delta Attack. With that handled, the monster's HP fell into the red. She might have underestimated the amount of HP it had, but now even a player with a level low as Astralin's might be able to finish it off with ease.

ID# 158253 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

Delta Attack: 12x9=108 DMG to Frost Beast

[2]Dazia: HP 460/460EN 33/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[1]Krysta: HP 620/620EN 54/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD

Astralin: ?????????

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 16/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation. 

Edited by Krysta

Things were getting worse than Astralin anticipated. The two players claimed that they weren't asking her to kill someone, so that was one positive...however, they both also flat out refused to work together, believing it was impossible. Krysta would reveal that what the players were up against was a boss. "W- ...what?" She looked over to Dazia. "Is...is this true...?" She asked. Dazia would repeat a point that she had made earlier...and then she decided to try and prove it by summoning the boss. Before she knew it, the boss emerged, and the two players went right to fighting it, using complex moves to strike it down. Its HP was now in the red...maybe she could give something else a try. "You can do this...you can do this..." Astralin muttered to herself as she charged up her own sword art. "Alright.... Ethea Daldes!" She called out as she moved in to strike. The only problem was, she still hadn't gotten much experience in combat, and she ended up misjudging the moment and placement of her attack, and missed.

ID# 158254 BD: 3(miss)

[2]Dazia: HP 460/460EN 33/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

[1]Krysta: HP 620/620EN 54/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD

[0]Astralin: HP 180/180EN 16/18 | 6 DMG | 2 EVA | 1 REC

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 16/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation.

Edited by Astralin

Princess seemed surprised that Dazia actually told Astralin the fact that it would be best if she wasn't the one to strike the skull and spawn the boss...but Astralin was also surprised that what the players were going to face was in fact, a boss. Princess attacked after Dazia did, dropping the monster's HP down into the red. Then Dazia heard Astralin say something strange... what kind of gibberish was that? Dazia then saw Astralin missing the boss in an attempted attack. Just because it missed, did not mean Dazia was not pissed by this. "Astralin, what the hell are you doing? Stay back, you're the healer!" She called out. "Fine then," She thought. "Go ahead and be that way, Astralin, 'cause you and Princess won't take the essence from me..." she readied her weapon, and finished off the boss with a simple Rip Ravine sword art. She had won, the essence was hers...

"Well then," She began. "Guess it wasn't really much of a boss after all, didn't even land a hit. Now then, if you two will excuse me, I have some other unfinished business to attend to..." She remarked as she turned to leave.

(Forgot again, not that it mattered as the result was a hit)

ID# 158301 BD: 5+2=7(hit)

Rip Ravine: 8x2=16

Dazia has taken the Essence of Steel!

Dazia: HP 460/460EN 32/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Krysta: HP 620/620EN 54/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD

Astralin: HP 180/180EN 16/18 | 6 DMG | 2 EVA | 1 REC

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 0/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation.

Edited by Dazia

Astralin would attempt to make an attack of her own, but fail at said attempt. Krysta couldn't blame her for trying. Dazia would tell Astralin to stay back, because "she was the healer". "Why can't you simply allow her to make her choice? She has the right to do what she did!" Dazia would then finish off the boss, and it would shatter. The battle was over...but something wasn't right. Krysta quickly checked her inventory, and it was unchanged...

"The Essence was a last hit drop." She realized.

Dazia seemed to be in a hurry to leave...she had known this all along. "Oh, no you will not..." Krysta thought. She ran to intercept, grabbing her gear by the cowl. "You knew it would only drop one Essence all along, didn't you? You did not come here for the experience, you came here for the essence, bringing Astralin along merely as a means of assurance, and nothing more! I'm onto your fiendish plot now, so what do you have to say for yourself?" She demanded.