[PP-F4] The Empowering Essence <<Essence of Steel>>

Things only ended up going further and further downhill. Dazia wasn't too happy about Astralin attempting an attack, then Dazia finished off the boss. it was over, just like that. Just then, Dazia decided to leave, probably because she was still enemies with Krysta...but why was she leaving like this all of a sudden without asking Astralin to come along? then Krysta grabbed the cowl of Dazia's gear, and... Wait, what was this "Essence" Krysta was talking about? Did she just once again accuse Dazia of only using Astralin? "Ok, now I'm confused. What is this 'essence', and why- ...you know what, I don't care about whatever it is...but if you both wanted it, would you be alright with trying to duel for it? Half-Loss? I'll be the moderator if I have to, however that works..." Astralin suggested. Maybe if Dazia was indeed like what Krysta believed she was in some way, she'd just try to get away instead of accepting the duel if Krysta challenged her...so if that happened, Astralin planned to intervene.

So Astralin was never told about the Essence...it all made sense, and further proved Krysta's point...possibly, that is. Krysta simply confirmed it to herself. Astralin went on to say that she wasn't interested, but if both players wanted the Essence, they could simply have a Half-Loss Duel over it... Why...that actually was not a bad idea. Krysta did have a use for the Essence, and she would rather be the one to have it then let Dazia get away with it. Plus, Krysta could assure her victory in this manner...by claiming victory halfway, it would help Krysta know if she could vanquish the evil of Dazia once and for all... "Thank you, Astralin...that is a wonderful idea!" She stated. "Did you hear that, Dazia? If you want the Essence now, you must earn it in honorable combat!" She noted to Dazia, before using her free hand to send a duel challenge.

-Krysta has challenged @Dazia to a duel!

It figured that Princess would be onto Dazia the moment she tried to escape. As she was about to start running off, Dazia would find herself grabbed by her cowl. "Damn it." She muttered as her cowl was grabbed. Princess would begin to call her out on what she did...and it was true, she just wanted to make sure she could kill the boss and take the Essence without getting killed. Fortunately, Astralin didn't feel like helping Princess kill Dazia, nor did she want the Essence at this time... Unfortunately, she believed that since both she and Princess wanted the Essence, they would have to fight for it in a Half-Loss Duel...if she was going to keep a good standing with the blonde, she would have to give up the Essence if she lost to Princess...She couldn't risk it. "That's a terrible idea, she'd try to kill me by making it a total loss duel!" She replied to Astralin's suggestion. Princess, however, was all for the idea, but at least she decided to send the challenge herself...that was her cue to try and leave, but Astralin decided to intervene...her hand was moved to the <<accept>> choice, and there, Dazia had no more choices in the matter. "I swear you're going to pay for that one day..." She warned. She set the conditions to Half-Loss, and prepared herself for the now unavoidable combat.

-Dazia has "accepted" the duel

Victory conditions set to Half-Loss

ID# 158339 LD: 18

Dazia's initiative: 18

Edited by Dazia

Krysta knew she had Dazia cornered in terms of situation. If she tried to get away, Astralin was the moderator and could stop her. Dazia's plot will surely fail at this rate, all Krysta needed to do was defeat her, and all that Astralin needed to do was keep her in line with the agreement. Dazia wasn't too thrilled about the situation or the duel challenge, she knew she was but a cornered rat at this point. "Astralin..." Krysta began. "Dazia is unwilling to duel, and would rather try to escape with the Essence. I'm using both hands at the moment, would it trouble you to make sure she accepts? She is outvoted on the situation, after all..." She explained. Once Dazia's hand was brought to accept, there was no turning back. Krysta couldn't tell whether Dazia's response was towards Krysta or Astralin, but she would be punished all the same.

ID# 158340 LD: 16

-Dazia has won the initiative roll, and will be going first.

Edited by Krysta

Dazia was in for it now. Dazia was really pissed off not only at her situation, but the two blondes who just put her in a tighter situation than she needed to be in. "Damn it..." She readied her weapon, and glared at Krysta. "Damn you...if you hadn't shown up, we'd all be in better situations right now, Princess!" She stated. "I could have gotten some items..and maybe even seen if she was capable of tagging along on other boss fights, fights weaker than what we just went through! They even offer more experience!" Dazia took a second or two to breathe. "And you just couldn't handle it, could you...you could easily just wait for the area to respawn, and fight the Frost Beast again, but you just won't leave me be... Fine, I'll fight you, because right now, stabbing you in the chest sounds kind of therapeutic right now!" And Dazia would rush in to attack, only to slip in the snow... "This day just keeps getting worse..." She thought.

ID# 158342 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

Turns left: 15

Dazia: HP 460/460EN 32/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (0/230 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Krysta: HP 620/620EN 62/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD (0/310 HP Depleted)

Edited by Dazia

The duel was happening, all right... Astralin found herself getting Dazia to accept the duel, as her first move as moderator. "Sorry about this..." She said as she brought Dazia's hand to <<Accept>>. "I know you're afraid of Krysta trying to kill you...but at least let there be a fair chance rather than an argument that will never end. I don't want this enmity to worsen, I have seen more than enough, and I doubt I'll be able to tolerate standing to the side much longer..." She explained. "You already refused to stop the enmity before, after all...but what is it all for? The past? Suspicion? Hatred? I don't know nearly enough, I don't know who to believe...but I can't just sit around or leave the matter alone!" She thought. Just then she noticed a suspicious-looking mound of snow, and decided to investigate before the duel began. She shoved her hand inside, and hit something solid. She then began to dig out the snow by hand, and find... "A Treasure Chest??" She exclaimed in surprise. She looked back to the fight, which had only just began...and it seemed that Dazia slipped on the snow...how does that happen, with it being so cold on this floor?

ID# 158430 LD: 18(found a treasure chest!)

Edited by Astralin

Dazia was not pleased at having little choice in the matter...but of course she wouldn't be, she only wanted to take the item and leave! She never wanted to fight a stronger opponent for it, she just wanted to assure herself using another player, and take the Essence, leaving her in the frozen wastes! No, she would not escape this time! Dazia decided to fight willingly, now that the decision was made for her. She clearly wasn't as used to fighting in the snow as she could have been, for she slipped on the snow, which gave an opening for Krysta...or so she thought. If she had acted sooner, she would have managed to strike, but she misjudged the timing, and her opponent was able to avoid her attack. She held up her shield as she looked over to see that Astralin had found a treasure chest. "Be careful, Astralin!" Krysta called out to her. "There is a chance that the chest you found is actually a mimic, be sure you are prepared for combat before you decide to open it!" She suggested.

ID# 158431 BD: 2+1-2=1(Miss)

Turns left: 14

Krysta: HP 620/620EN 60/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD (0/310 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Dazia: HP 460/460EN 32/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (0/230 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

To think that everything would go opposite of the plan because Princess showed up... It wasn't surprising, she was nothing but a nuisance throughout her time in this game, always threatening to kill her, always seeking revenge, always trying to stop her from reaching her goals... Well, maybe she would do something to give herself an edge this time... She rolled to the side to avoid Princess's attack, and she would be ready to strike back...but of course her opponent would raise her shield as Dazia tried to attack. Dazia managed to deal some damage, but the HP of her enemy didn't decrease my much, not to mention that Dazia saw her own HP drop from the attack as well. "Thorns...guess that shield's not all for show after all..." Dazia thought. Princess called out a warning to Astralin about mimics, and Dazia looked over to see that Astralin had the time to find a treasure chest. "She's not lying, Astralin, mimics exist, and they've been known to surprise unsuspecting players!" Dazia added.

ID# 158432 BD: 6+2-1=7(hit)

Over Radiation: 8x14-54=58 Damage to Krysta

Thorns Damage: Dazia takes 36 Damage

Turns left: 14

Dazia: HP 424/460EN 20/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (36/230 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Krysta: HP 562/620EN 60/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD (58/310 HP Depleted)

Edited by Dazia

Despite the ongoing duel, both Krysta and Dazia noticed that Astralin had found a treasure chest... They took this moment to warn her that a chest has a chance of being a mimic instead. Astralin slowly looked back to the chest. She examined it carefully, looking for traits that might give a mimic away, or something of the like. She found nothing, so there was only one thing to do...open the treasure chest. "Here goes..." She began, hesitating as she brought her hand to it. "Lord Almighty, guide me..." She slowly opened the chest...and what a blessing she would find! Within the now confirmed to be Treasure Chest, was a fair sum of col, a set of light armor, eight materials which she could use in the future, and two consumables! Her eyes lit up, amazed at the result. She may have only been on a low-level floor, but this was the most she had been able to receive from a treasure chest so far! "I have been blessed..."

ID# 158433 LD: 20(600 Col, 8 T1 Materials, <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Light Armor>>, <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable 158433a>>, and <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable 158433b>>)

Edited by Astralin

Dazia took the chance to attack Krysta while her attention was diverted. She should have anticipated this, knowing that scoundrel... She also added onto Krysta's point. Most likely, she was trying to win her over, despite all of the obvious wrongs she has done... "Dazia, your schemes have been revealed, there is no point in trying to play such a devious game any further." Krysta declared. She would strike with Over Radiation, dealing plenty of damage, taking a fair portion of Dazia's HP out. She then jumped back, her shield raised, then she glanced over to see that Astralin had in fact, found a genuine treasure chest. She was happy to know that Astralin had no mimic to worry about...she then looked back to her opponent, ready to face Dazia's next move head-on. "Try all you can, but I shall claim victory against you!" She declared as she stood her ground.

ID# 158434 BD: 8+1-2=7(hit)

Battle Healing: Krysta recovers 6 HP

Over Radiation: 12x14-26=142 Damage to Dazia

Turns left: 13

Krysta: HP 562/620EN 48/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD (52/310 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Dazia: HP 282/460EN 20/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (178/230 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Princess believed that there was no point in Dazia continuing to help Astralin as to further her "schemes". "Don't you dare make this any damn harder than it needs to be..." Dazia thought. If there was one thing Dazia was underprepared for, however, it was Princess's attack. Dazia looked to her HP after the impact, and she realized...this was a lot of damage for her. She then looked back to Princess, and...did some of her HP just regenerate in the middle of battle?? High Damage, quality gear, battle healing, high HP and defenses...this was simply a losing battle at this rate. If Dazia didn't come up with something quick, she was guaranteed to lose. She would quickly move in to attack, but she stepped on a bone that shifted in the loose snow, causing her to once again lose her footing. This wasn't good...She didn't want to admit it, but she may have lost this duel as soon as it began.

ID# 158442 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

Turns left: 13

Dazia: HP 282/460EN 19/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (178/230 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Krysta: HP 562/620EN 48/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD (52/310 HP Depleted)

Edited by Dazia

Astralin gathered the loot she had received from the treasure chest, looked around in case there was anything else, and she would look back to the ongoing duel. Krysta dealt a considerable amount of damage to Dazia, and it seemed that Dazia wasn't having the best of luck...and from the looks of it, stats might have played a part in it. Krysta had taken damage from the exact same sword art, but it wasn't the same amount of HP lost as the attack against Dazia...this seemed to be more than common defenses, but...well, there didn't seem to be any turning back. Astralin began to feel sorry for Dazia, who also seemed to be realizing the difference, like it was a fatal disadvantage... Could this only lead to more conflict, and Astralin had unwittingly made things worse? No, that can't be the case, she was just trying to make things right, but the situation was one-sided, and if anything, the enmity between the two may worsen! "This...this is all my fault..." Astralin thought.

ID# 158447 LD: 3(Nothing found)

Edited by Astralin

Dazia would attempt to attack Krysta, but fail due to not noticing the bone that lay in her path. Now that there was a window of opportunity, Krysta would take the chance to strike against Dazia again. She would use the Sword Art known as Over Radiation once more, delivering a powerful attack that inflicted paralysis and bleed upon her foe. Dazia's HP would drop down to a considerably low amount. Seeing this, Krysta knew she was truly capable of vanquishing this murderous scoundrel once and for all...but this was a half-loss duel, and it would seem that Krysta would have to show mercy to Dazia...for now.

Krysta let out a deep breath. "It's over, Dazia...the Essence is no longer yours, as per the terms of this duel." She stated. Ah, yes, that's right, Krysta had to wait for Dazia to be free from paralysis before she could receive the Essence of Steel. If Dazia was still going to try and set a good impression on Astralin, it would be guaranteed that Krysta wouldn't need to chase after this devious player.

ID# 158448 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, inflicted Paralysis and Bleed)

Battle Healing: Recovered 6 HP

Over Radiation: 13x14-26=156 Damage to Dazia

Duel Ended!

Krysta: HP 574/620EN 36/62 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 2 REC | 6 BH | PAR | T2 BLD (46/310 HP Depleted) VICTORY

Opponent:

Dazia: HP 126/460EN 19/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (334/230 HP Depleted), Bleed: 2 Turns, 24 DMG{Paralyzed} DEFEAT

Edited by Krysta

So much for keeping the Essence of Steel.

Dazia would be struck by another attack, and that was it, she had lost. Due to paralysis kicking in, Dazia fell into the snow. She looked to her HP, which was now in the red, and saw that she had the status ailment <<Bleed>> as well. "Damn it...this...this can't be happening... At least...there's Astralin, who doesn't want anyone dying just yet...Not only that, but Princess, like myself, would prefer to keep a green cursor as long as possible, so I have that factor keeping me alive as well..." She thought. Princess would tell Dazia that it was over, essentially reminding her that she had to hand over the Essence...just one problem, though. "Tch, does it look like I can do that, Princess? I have to wait for this damn paralysis to wear off first!" She remarked.

{Paralyzed}

Bleed Damage: Dazia takes 24 DMG

Out-of-Combat recovery: 10 HP

Dazia: HP 112/460EN 20/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA,  Bleed: 1 Turn, 24 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Krysta finished the duel with a powerful attack, apparently inflicting two status ailments at once. Dazia's HP was now in the red, and her life was essentially in danger! Astralin ran over and placed herself between the two players. "Ok, now put your weapons away!" She called out, each of her two hands held out to one of the two previously dueling players, in gestures that signaled stop. After Dazia pointed out that she was paralyzed, meaning the players had to wait before she could hand over the item, Astralin walked over to the player in black. "Here, let me help." She offered. She prepared her focus as she activated her First Aid skill. "... Dviala Urreis." She said as the skill activated, healing Dazia a bit. There, that should be able to help keep her alive...despite that is was probably to Krysta's displeasure. Hopefully the conflict would end here. As long as Astralin didn't know all the details, how could she know who was truly in the right?

Used First Aid on Dazia, healing 36 HP

Edited by Astralin

Krysta would hear Dazia's words of aggravation, and Astralin would decide to...heal Dazia...as if she ever deserved it. Astralin must simply be in a state of confusion to possibly be willing to heal her! Perhaps, in time, Astralin would learn of Dazia's wicked ways...oh, if only there were a living witness to her crimes, who could tell her the things she has done! "I can understand if you are still unsure about the truth in this matter...at least take some time to think about it, if you must." Krysta said to Astralin in a soft, concerned tone. If there was one thing that all three players in the vicinity knew, it was that Krysta was a considerable threat to Dazia, when stats were involved. For Krysta to have achieved victory so easily, Dazia must have been spending more of her time hiding than doing...which allowed for Krysta to train up to a high enough level to gain the statistical advantage.

Astralin came over to Dazia, using her healing skill to restore Dazia's HP somewhat. Dazia saw her HP recover a little, and saw the status ailment indicators had disappeared as well. "Thanks...if you need me to tag along with you on certain quests, message me and I might consider helping. Chances are, you'll know more than just my side of the story..." She remarked. She got up slowly, and accessed her inventory, knowing she needed to hold up her end of the "agreement" in order to prevent this blonde from becoming an enemy... She glared at Princess as the item appeared in her hand. She then tossed it onto the snow for her to pick up. "This isn't over, Princess. I will train myself to reach, no, surpass your level, and you won't be a threat to me anymore..." She stated, before bolting off into the expanse of the frozen wastes. She would need a place to hide, so that nothing could try and kill her while she was still in her weakened state...

Dazia has left the Essence of Steel for Krysta

-Dazia has fled!

Bleed Damage: Dazia takes 24 DMG

Out-of-Combat recovery: 10 HP

Dazia: HP 134/460EN 21/46 | 8 DMG | 26 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Dazia

Dazia thanked Astralin, claiming that she might consider going along with Astralin if she was to message her over a future quest. Then she glared at Krysta, seeming a bit reluctant to hand over the item, then she claimed that this wasn't over, that she would surpass Krysta, and that she would no longer be a threat to her...Krysta became a threat to Dazia ever since she murdered her cousin, and she will pay dearly for it one day...with her life. "There's one thing we can agree on, that this remains unfinished...we will surely battle again, Dazia...and you will surely fall by my hand." She remarked as the scoundrel fled. She took a deep breath, sheathed her weapon and returned her shield to her inventory, before picking up the Essence of Steel. She then looked over to Astralin. "I apologize that you had to get caught up in my strife, Astralin." Krysta began. "Is it alright if I were to escort you back to the safe zone?" She asked.

Krysta has won the Essence of Steel!

Krysta said that she could understand if Astralin was simply unsure about the truth in this matter. "I kind of am, actually." She admitted. "I just...wanted to make things right, but I didn't know nearly enough to know who was right and who was wrong...who knows, the three of us could have been wrong in the choices we made here..." she explained. Dazia thanked Astralin for the healing, and would then drop the Essence, tell Krysta that the conflict was not over, and flee, leaving Astralin and Krysta in the wastes. "She was in little to no danger, she was being spared! If anything, she's making things worse for herself by running off like that..." She noted. Krysta apologized that Astralin was caught up in this drama in the first place. "It's ok... I guess there was a reason for me to be here..." She remarked, believing that if she wasn't here, Krysta and Dazia would have likely killed one another... Krysta asked if she could escort Astralin to the safe zone. "Sure! I've had enough unsafe experience to last at least a few days, so a break would do wonders right now..." She responded.

Astralin seemed to be confused, stating that because she was spared, there was no need for Dazia to run off the way she had done, and was essentially making things worse for herself that way. "She is." Krysta agreed. "Firstly, this is merely the action of a sore loser who cannot tolerate failure. Secondly, she is only risking her life even further by running off into the monster-riddled wastes with low health...and with words such as those which she spoke to me, she clearly has it out against me now. Perhaps our hatred towards one another is mutual after all..." She explained. Astralin guessed that there may have been a reason for her being here. "Well, you managed to survive a boss battle, you tried to settle the disagreement Dazia and I had over the Essence of Steel, and you found a treasure chest, in which was wealth and resources that were yours for the taking. Certainly, you shan't be returning empty-handed." She remarked. Astralin agreed to be escorted back to the safe zone. "Then let us be off, for the sun will be setting soon, and from what I've heard, threats from both monster and hostile player worsen during the dark of the night..." She decided.

Summary:

Krysta receives: 4 SP(2 Pages completed, Quest completed, Quarantine SP bonus), 266 col and <<Essence of Steel>>

@Dazia receives: 4 SP(2 Pages completed, Quest completed, Quarantine SP bonus) and 266 col

@Astralin receives: 4 SP(2 Pages completed, Quest completed, Quarantine SP bonus), 866 col, 8 T1 Materials, <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Light Armor>>, <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable 158433a>>, and <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable 158433b>>