[EV-22] Tanabata Celebration!

Mari bought her knees up to her chest - a little hard to do with how tightly wrapped the kimono was. Her eyes stayed focused on the night sky. A part of her didn't really want to leave Macradon alone - but...seeing these lights dance across the sky. A festival about two lovers? She felt like she may be stealing too much of his time when he should really be spending it with the person he loves.

"Mmmm...."

Mari placed her chin gently atop her knees. Her fingers drumming silently against the thick material of her Yukata. This...was nice. The air was warm, and the sky light in an amazing array of dancing lights as the meteors streaked across the sky. She was better off now, perhaps, more so than her entire time within Aincrad. She had people she could trust and rely on. She had a few friends. She even had a guild againn. So why...

Her mouth quirked down into the slightest of frowns. So why....did she  feel so alone right now? 

A slight angle of her chin, back toward the festival - all she had to do was get up off the small hill and rejoin them. The feeling sinking in the pit of her stomach was nothing short of her own fault. Even so. Even so Mari remained resolute in her position. "At least...until the meteor shower ends...." She told herself.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"U-uh, if you feel like it, that is", she added cautiously. The invitation had likely been too overbearing, and now, Elora was left to bask in its residual awkwardness. Maybe it would be best to preoccupy herself with some sort of distraction. After all, it's not like she could just get up and walk away after commanding the stranger's attention. I'm not gonna look like a p*ssy, she sternly decided. Whipping out her remaining pair of papers, she began to furiously write.

Spoiler

Prompt 4: What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

I guess this guy sitting across from me is as good an example as ever. I guess I could wish to know what he looks like under that mask. Or maybe, I could wish to know what he thinks of my proposal. He probably things I'm a total loser for going out on such a whim. At this point, Elora realized that her hand clenching the pen was doing nothing but hovering above the page and shaking nervously. WHY AM I SHAKING?! THERE'S NO REASON TO BE SHAKING! Jesus, what is with my nerves tonight? Something about being here, on a far-of floor wearing these ridiculous clothes, was getting to her. It seemed like no matter how much she desired to fit in, she couldn't force herself to act the part. 

Elora found herself writing out the answer, "To not be afraid". Reflecting at the spontaneousness of the action, she couldn't help but wonder whether or not it was truly in reference to the masked player, or it was really just a message to herself. Perhaps it was something she needed to write with her own hand before she could will her mind to accept it. 

Answer: "To not be afraid"

Prompt 5: What would you wish for yourself?

She glanced up momentarily to witness the meteor shower above. It was phenomenal to watch the array of lights as each celestial object streaked across the clear night sky. Elora always took interest in star-gazing as a child. She enjoyed the challenge of hunting down constellations and attempting to differentiate stars from planets, meteors from shooting stars and satellites. I guess if you stretch the definition broadly enough, they'd all technically be satellites. It was kind of beautiful and comforting to think about. Either way, she found herself smiling at the superficially of it all. Does it really matter? Does it really matter to the universe how we classify things? It's all interconnected, and everything that exists seems to be influenced by the things it revolves around. 

Elora proceeded to write her answer before lowering the pen and resting it on the table-space beside her. Maybe it's natural for me to feel like I don't belong and to create all of these definitions that include or exclude me from different things. But in some sense, I know that I belong somewhere, even if it's not a place that I've discovered yet.

Answer: "To find belonging"

[Elora Completes Wishes #4 & #5]

By the time she had stowed away her papers, Elora noticed that there had been a change in her posture. While she had previously hunched forward to evade scrutiny, she now appeared to hold herself with broad shoulders, almost like she felt prouder than she was before. The wooden bench grated against the stone beneath her as she stood to be on her way. She turned to address the white-haired man as if out of gratitude and respect for his presence had instilled in her. 

"My offer still stands if you want to take it. Otherwise, I'm not gonna wait all night to play some festival games" With a brief grin, she turned to search for an entertainment venue. 

@Kiluia Seiko

Edited by Elora

You could always tell when there was some sort of event going on in the game. With everyone having been stuck in the game for nearly five years now, people were always looking for the next exciting thing. And with most of the playerbase afraid of the constant threat of death, the base mechanics of the game were nothing but ignored. So when there was rumors of the frontlines finally beginning to advance, of a new floor, or a special or seasonal event, they spread like a wildfire in the savannahs.

But I have generally been disinterested in the events that I’d seen. While the first few events were novel and gave a break in the monotony of living inside this virtual reality, they quickly grew stale. I would occassionally survey the event only to leave in disappointment. However, the rumors of the Tanabata event being different appeared to have some sort of merit.

Coral had absolutely transformed from the quaint little town that many people had named as the top retreat in Aincrad into a vibrant festival. The night sky was illuminated by the various stalls that were scattered across the hamlet. The NPCs who seemed to favor the silence that their small settlement provided had quickly performed a 180 and now were making enough noise to make sleeping gods wake. It was truly a transformative event and I was glad that I had decided to see if the rumors were real.

As I stepped over the festival’s threshold, I donned my mask and activated my «Disguise» skill. Although I could have gone over the top and re-envisioned my entire appearance, I decided to maintain a normal masked appearance save for a standard, flowery yukata. Why did I keep the mask? I didn’t think it would be too odd for someone to be wearing a mask during the festival.

As the night progress and stars shot across the sky, it was only a matter of time before I stopped by the booth giving out tanzaku. The NPC woman giving them out never gave her name but immediately handed everything that I needed. These prompts were quite short and well open to interpretation. Then an idea popped into my head when I noticed the dozens of nameless wishes on the bamboo trees. There’s no reason to act like I’m sane or be truthful with these wishes, do I? It’s not like Orihime or Hikoboshi were going to be able to read these wishes in the virtual world.

[ Tanzaku Received ]

Ushering past the people gathering, collecting herself near those that were doing the same as she intended Simmone watches them for guidance as she hangs her wishes upon the branches. She could not understand why such a thing was offered for free, if she was in the girl's shoes it would surely bring quite the coin. Perhaps it was of fear of some superstition that she was not aware of, the reason why it was provided absent of charge. A trail of stars scattering overhead caused most in her proximity to gasp, she looks to the sky before claiming little Felix and holding the little bugger still. "I think you need a break, look at that." she mutters to the frittered feline in her lap, keeping him from causing more mischief. A beautiful night with what seemed like a million patron, she contemplated passing around fliers to drum up business.

[Simmone hangs Tanzaku]

A subtle tap to his shoulder, he had been lost in a train of thought for what seemed like ages. Something about the lake and the sounds it produced caused him to reflect inward almost on repeat. He'd turn to find it to be @Hidden in something suitable for the affair. The red wanderer could have hardly predicted that the girl would have found her way here, colored her to exclude herself from such events. "I suppose there isn't is there. Needed to see what was in store, and it's a great way to bolster morale. I didn't foresee you attending either." Raidou would appear differently, like the fire that usually drove him forward was low burning causing him to become serine and all his words soft and trailing. He'd looked to the girl again, and for the first time without thinking about it before it was spoken he'd respond under a trail of burning lines "You look nice."

Item Name: Gold Stars
Quantity: 463
Thread Link: Here

Edited by Raidou

Wandering about the festival grounds, Oscar couldn't escape this incessant chirping he heard over the din of the celebration. Wanting to figure out the source, Oscar followed his ears. He never really set eyes on the source. This was because a magpie was shoved in his face by a female bird keeper. "Wanna try your luck," she asked. Before Oscar could respond, the magpie was shoved into his hands. Rather bewildered by the entire situation, he was ushered towards a rather large habitarium. Oscar let the magpie go inside the dome, where it then fluttered around. Neither one of them had no idea what they were doing, so eventually the bird came back with a small pouch of seeds in its beak. "Ooh," the woman sighed. "Better luck next time." Then, Oscar was shoved out of the way for another person to be accosted by the avian aficionado. Oscar looked down at the pouch, back to the bird, and then shrugged. At least he had a snack. 

Spoiler

ID: 166140 CD7
ID: 166141 CD1
ID: 166142 CD4

Bird Seedx5 [Vit II] T3 Rare Snack Obtained

"I didn't foresee you attending either."

Rewarding him a flustered smile, she would hastily reply, "Ummm normally I wouldn't! I just heard there was gonna be umm... candy apples! I came to eat good things." She looked away. There wasn't any way she could admit to him that one of the biggest reasons she came out was to get more used to being around a crowd of people and used to people seeing her without her cloak. Anyway, he'd most likely say something like, 'You made your hair white for people to see right?' Of course she did, but it wasn't that easy to transition to being judged by everyone. Her eyes traveled once more to his apparel, taking in his armorless look while she could. It was almost difficult to beleive he could be found outside the robe. For someone who had even seen his familiar, this was new. 

"You look nice."

thump thump.

Hidden's eyes widened with shock, her mouth parting into a o-shape from sheer astonishment. Her heart raced faster for a moment and she adverted her eyes. Cheeks now flushed, she replied, "You see me all the time, now look at the meteor shower." She took a moment to recollect herself. It took a lot to not break down from embarrassment. However, he had tugged on a chord inside of her that resonated with glee for a moment. After several seconds passing, Hidden gave in and told him, "Thanks, though." 

A smile was formed by her mouth, a rare moment of genuine happiness. "You do a lot for me just by being there. Thanks for being one of the few who will do that." Her eyes flutted back up to meteor range. Leaning over, she would rest her head of his shoulder and whisper, "Don't get a big head over it. You're just doing the job nobody wanted to do." She laughed a bit, remaining in her position. She supposed, the boy in red had at least earned his spot in her life as a trusted friend. 

"Come on Eruda, you look great," Sam calls out as she runs into the crowded area excited as ever to see everything in action. "Freya come look at this," as she and Eruda's sister run to the stand of games. They here a call out for "Make a wish, get your names put upon the tanzaku."  Sam gives a smile to Freya and they both give a nod to one another. "Wishes seem fun. I wonder what it's about," as Sam runs to the stand and stops with a slide as she grabs a pen and the colorful paper and the prompt list as they Sam starts to look them over in silence. "Let's go get a clear view of the Meteor Shower while we answer these. Hey, where did Eruda go? She should be fine right?" Sam looks around for a moment and sees Eruda nowhere in sight. Chattering of everyone around them and shouts from different NPC's calling out their stalls.

Takes the Tanzaku Wishes Page

Spoiler

Sam The Red Rose
Level: 29
HP: 580/580
EN: 58/58

Stats:
Damage: 18
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Serrated Guillotine - Bloodlust {T2}: Bleed 1, Damage 2
Armor: Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3
Misc: Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Silver Band - Farore's Wind +3 LD
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing

Edited by Sam

Running with Sam, Freya looks back to Eruda with a frown. Eruda gives her a smile back and a nod. Eruda had introduced Sam to Freya and was getting along well. Now running to catch up to Sam. Wishes...Freya thinks to herself. It seemed that she had missed a lot while she was gone. This gathering was just like the first and the very beginning but without fear. Instead of everyone running around scared, they were running around playing and laughing. This world has changed a lot and with them being on floor 22 it only proved that they were proceeding slowly with caution perhaps. She was sure that players have already died but given the sheer amount of people here, she couldn't help but wonder who was trying to get out. "Oh uh... Eruda is going her own way I think...Trying to avoid the crowds and all. We did bring her here against her will so it only seems fitting that she would ditch us to find somewhere silent." Freya grabs the colored paper and the colored pencils as Sam did with the prompt list in hand they start to walk near the waterfront.

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 3
HP: 60/60
EN: 6/6

Stats:
Damage: 1

Edited by Freya

Watching the two run off excited she started to get a bit nervous. Why did she come here in the first place? She didn't want to but Freya told her that it would be a good practice. Her face reddens as she looks down at the Yukata that Haine and she had gotten for this event. If Raidou was here...he was most likely long gone by now. Eruda's eyes follow Freya through the crowd of people. The stop at a booth and take some papers in hand and runoff in a different direction. "Just please don't get yourselves killed please..." Eruda says to herself in a soft voice knowing that early Sam fished something up that actually almost got them killed. Eruda chest starts to pound from the sheer noise and chatter around her. She quickly walks to the booth that the other two just left from as the NPC calls out what it was. With a small conversation with little words, Eruda takes a pen and a sheet of pink paper with the prompt list of questions and makes her way quickly to the area that was covered in lanterns. Sitting upon a bench under the moonlight sky she takes a deep breath trying to calm her nerves. She was going to try staying as long as she could but she wasn't sure that it was going to be that long. Eruda now tries to focus on the questions that she received, trying to get her mind off everyone else.

Eruda in Kamono.jpg

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 33
HP: 690/690
EN: 66/66

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 99
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Shay relaxed into a smile after she finished writing down her wishes. It was nice to see Chase taking an interest in her culture, but most importantly, she was just glad that he was relaxing a bit and not really worrying so much about the game. When she started leveling up, her mind was solely on gaining experience and that had driven her insane to the point of wanting to quit. She may have taught him a ton about the game, but he certainly taught her how to handle things with moderation. Taking things at a reasonable pace as opposed to as quick as possible made all the difference for her so far.

"You'll have to hang your wishes on the bamboo trees. Once the wish comes true, you can comeback and take it down." Shay explained, doing just as she said. She hung her own papers on a low hanging branch and moved out of the way for Chase to do the same.

[Hangs Tanzaku]

After the two had embraced, Vigilon attempted to say a pick up line to Krysta. He had done so awkwardly, but the most likely reason that he tried at all was because he knew that it wouldn't fail...after all, the two were already in a relationship. Krysta would laugh for a bit, then with a smile, she would say to Vigilon, "It is a little late for that now, is it not? We are already in a relationship, after all." As far as Krysta knew, pick up lines were used to ask someone out on a date before forming a relationship. She believed this because she and a few female friends of hers were often targets of such lines. Naturally, she had rejected them due to not knowing them well enough, or because she did not feel the same and was unwilling to risk the potential regret. "Worry not, Alex," Krysta reassured. "We can spend the rest of tonight enjoying the festivities together, just the two of us, if that's what you're asking."

Krysta then looked to the sky and saw the ongoing meteor shower. "Even if we can't spend it alone later, we can certainly have this moment to ourselves."

Surely, this sight would be enjoyed by the two of them, in this moment, alone. It was more than enough for Krysta, there was no need for an all-out date tonight, just a little moment right here.

Chase nodded along what Shay had to say, waiting for her to finish hanging her wishes and then doing so with his own over by the same branch. He didn't want his to be all alone or harder to spot, so he decided to put them where it was easy- in the only place he had right in front of him. With the two done writing their Tanzaku, he looked around the festival, trying to find anything else that they could do. Although he'd heard of one final attraction revolving around magpies of all things, he opened his inventory to see that the Golden Stars were still there.

Turning to Shay, he fixed his kimono a bit and closed his menu, furrowing his brows. "Hey, those kids we met. We should find them and give them the stars before we go do whatever's left. And we should tell them about their friend, too.", he ended off with a rather somber tone, feeling for the two even if they were just NPCs in the end. It was hard not to, really.

[Chase has hung his Tanzaku.]

Returning to the festival grounds after an extended absence, Freyd was back in his original combat gear.  His charcoal-coloured traveling clothes and armor were covered from head to toe in a thick layer of ash that drifted slowly behind him as he moved.  Both hands were in his pockets, cradled close to his core to reduce the aching protests of his body.  The bottom half of his black boots were badly marred, as if he'd been foolishly dancing in acid, or something worse.  His dark trademark cowl flapped loosely in the night's breeze as he shuffled slowly through the crowd, favouring his left leg. Even his normally neutral facial expressions belied pain through unusually paleness, with sallow eyes that spoke both to exhaustion and recent trauma.  

The abundant presence of food seemed to repulse him - the very thought of eating something so soon after...that.  Urrrk.  Leaning against the back of an enclosed booth to steady himself as a wave of psychosomatic nausea washed over him, he buried his mouth against his shoulder as if ready to wretch.  It passed after a moment, and he continued his slow drift towards the centre of the festival.

The boys were still hard at work in the centre of town, their stash of supplies steadily growing thanks to the shared efforts of other attendees.  It was... heartwarming?  Well, that's probably what it was meant to be.  He felt too hollow to care.  Approaching the pile, he quickly opened a small UI and completed the required transfer.  His words were failing, so he simply extended the boy with the conductor's cap a brief 'thumbs up.'

Song and dance, camaraderie and joy resounded all about him, slathered in all the vibrancy and excess that life could muster.  He, instead, chose to silently return to the shadows.  His injuries were already healing, but there were other more severe consequences still left to ponder.  Such things were best done in solitude and the solace of darkness.

Item Name: Gold Stars
Quantity: 852
Thread Link: [SP - Inner Demon Unleashed]

Spoiler

The reason for Freyd's current appearance mostly boils down to this one post:

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/20009-sp-22-inner-demon-unleashed/?do=findComment&comment=621005

Her nervous behavior came as a bit of a surprise, he'd hardly expect to see Hidden in this light. But instead of looking up when she would, he'd continue to peer into the lake of floating lanterns. They had more to offer him then the stars above. A sudden shift and his left shoulder felt warm, he'd turn slightly to see the top of the now ivory haired girls scalp. His familiar underneath his garb quickly constrict and he takes to lightly patting his stomach, showing that his flare in heartrate was a known condition. The contact felt almost unbearable and that he could turn to a puddle of liquid in moments.

A soft exhale as he attempts to level his pulse, to keep his composure he'd mutter his response as his ears burned. "A wise woman once told me it was hard to be convincing from inside a hole. Maybe I am still following that example." A slight smile painted on his mouth, he'd keep her as the girl he knew. "And maybe you are the dumbass this time, I doubt I am the only one you can lean on."

Sam sits on the ground near the lakefront reading over the questions provided. "These are very weird questions don't you think. It's a bummer the Eruda went her own way though. This was supposed to be a girl's night out. Eruda is a buzz kill." Looking to Freya as she had a small frown on her face. "What it's the truth. It seems like all she wants to do is fight. Get stronger...Fun isn't in her forte." Sam sighs loudly trying to prove a point that wasn't there. "Fine lets just do these weird specific questions and then we will go have some fun." Curbie sits next to her with a small clicking sound. Sam pats Curbie on the top of what would be on his head and looks at the questions trying to focus now hoping that something good would even come from this. Something she could use to improve herself somehow.

Spoiler

What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

That people around me were nicer, I can't help the way I am and the way I think. I barely can control the things I say which makes a lot of people find me annoying. I wish that people would see the good in me and like me for me. People hate way to easy and I hope that somewhere along the way of me being here that they will treat me as a person and not as a invalid that has not a clue what I am doing or even aiming for. This is what I wish for, for the rest of my stay in Aincrad...

Spoiler

What would you wish for the better of people around you?

I hope for everyone to get along. Hope that someday people or players will stop killing each other off for their own personal reason. We are all human and this game has made some nice people killers and it is a shame to think that if we actually get out of the game, that no one here will be the same person they were. Good or bad, we are only human and people should start figuring that out before it's to late. This is what I wish, that people will start being nicer to others given a chance to do so.

Spoiler

What would you wish for yourself?

I hope that I can change for the better good. Everyone around me are changing, getting stronger, succeeding and I well am not. I want to get stronger and be of help for the players...my guild...who want to get everyone out of this Hell. I want to help when it matters instead of being a veggy about everything and I want to make something matter...I want to make a difference in something like everyone else has. This is my wish, I want to be all around a better person, someone that matters to another. I want to matter and be liked.

Spoiler

What would you wish for someone you care about?

These last 2 questions had to be skipped for a moment but when she went back to them, she took a deep breath and though really hard. Deep down she didn't care about just one person. The Guild, Firm Anima as shown time and time again that they were here for her regardless of her actions. She thinks again right then writing, I wish that every in Firm Anima would give me a chance to prove myself. That they see the real me and not just some weirdo. I care for everyone in my guild and I hope that they eventually do the same toward me.

Spoiler

What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Turning the page back to the last question she finds herself smiling a bit now. I wish to know everyone in my guild better including Setsuna. I hope that one day my group will come around and want to know me better as well. I hope that everyone in Firm Anima will allow me to know them better so I can get a better understanding of why they do what they do for the roles that they were set as. I hope that our guild succeeds as a team to help get everyone out of this game like it should have been in the first place.

[1-5 Questions Answered]

Edited by Sam

For a moment, she allowed herself to forget everything. Instead, she just enjoyed the moment. That stars streaked brilliant across the sky, reminding her of the hazy memory of looking up at the sky with her mother before she had passed away. She had very little recollection of her mother, but her smile remained. Her mother tucking her into bed with a story remained. Wishing up on the first star remained. She allowed herself to forget the constant feeling at the back of her mind that she wasn't wanted. The voice that told her she was never enough was muted, if only temporarily. 

She felt her new shoulder rest tense. A deep sigh escaped from her lungs. 'How is he going to ruin this?' she wondered. A wise woman once told me it was hard to be convincing from inside a hole. Maybe I am still following that example. And maybe you are the dumbass this time, I doubt I am the only one you can lean on." The smile on her lips faded. There it was. Lighter than normal, she would push him away, putting a bit of distance between the two. 

"I'm gonna be pissed if someday I find out you just called me a liar. Luckily, I'm already pissed that someone like you has the nerve to call me a dumbass. You manage to somehow have less social skills then me. I can't with you, your personality is impossible."

Hidden turned away, refusing to look at the red-riding tank.  "I also never said you were the only one. I still have Mari and Yuki, but you seem to be the only one with free time." and then her next words dripped with sarcasm. "Sorry that I am so dumb to think that I can have just one friend that will humor me for a bit." 

'This happens everytime. Maybe this is why he doesn't ever approach me. He doesn't want me around, he just pities me as that orange player on the rough path. Are we even friends, or am I just that annoying girl that demands things from him?' The nagging voice had returned to the back of her mind, its voice becoming louder once again with every second as she began to doubt the friendship between them. 'Maybe I jumped to conclusions and started thinking he was a friend. What do I know about having friends? Mari acts more like a mother, and Yuki is... Yuki. They probably just pity me too. I'm tired of everyone seeing me as this weak, broken down player. There isn't an in-between is there? They think I'm a ruthless killer or they think I can't even handle myself?

Her gaze dropped to the ground as she considered just returning to Ayame, picking her up, and then returning to the safety of her own bed. 

Raidou would turn to face her with his grin, plastered on his face. She'd shove him and turn, averting her gaze. "That's what I thought and no, you are not lying to me in the slightest, are you?" He'd look to the waters in black with bobbing lanterns "Mari and Yuki are good people, and would gladly do the exact same thing for you. But yes I'll gladly support, and I would do it all over again." He'd turn and face the girl again, his face absent of his glasses which allowed emboldened orange iris to peer through her shoulder. "You don't have to be afraid of insulting me, I am content with this side of you. So don't hold back on my account for fear of what I might do. I like it when you speak your mind freely like this, I just wish you'd do it without being angry." Raidou scratches the back of his head for a moment, thankful that his lenses were placed out of harm's way.

Outside the standard attire, he had come at the sign that a smith may be in need. He had no armor as the weight was nice to remove from his shoulders for once, at his side the almost lantern light of Vulcan trotting along with him. He perused the stalls that the sense of cultural difference was glaring, partaking of a meal prepared by a kid with red hair and an attitude. Griswold pays it no mind, however, as at least he took pride in his craft which he could respect. In his rather standard looking tank top and pants he was completely out of place but it bothered him none.

He'd take to a table and receive the slips of paper at behest of a girl, he had much to wish for these days and every little thing could help. He'd look for a place to take a seat, and to his surprise he finds little Elda resting alone along the grand lake. "Is this seat taken?" Griswold asks of his daughter, taking it with a solid thud.

[Griswold Receives Tanzaku]

Raserei comes out from under bench the moment she sees Vulcan. Rubbing her head against his leg with a coo. Eruda smiles as Gris...her father sits next to her. "Of course not," she says looking back down at the papers and quests...wishes she was looking to answer. "Mom wanted to bring us to one of these things but she had to work instead. Freya went with friends and I never got to go. Anna never got to go given her condition did she?" Eruda flips through the questions one by one reading them carefully as she thinks about each in-depth. Being here in this game, even though it was a death game, Eruda has grown so much in many ways. She continues to strengthen her abilities and flaws that brought her here in the first place. Finally finding her father, here of all places, made it just a bit easier to do just that. 

After focusing on the writing for a bit of time she smiles toward her father as sees the same sheets in him hands that she had. She leans against the bench and waits patiently for him to finish writing. Raserei jumps on Eruda's lap and curls into a ball. She pets her softly as Vulcan lays practically on her feet. Eruda giggles a bit as she looks to the stars for comfort as she was no longer panicking. She felt relaxed for the first time in a very long time. In a small voice she says "Freya is around here somewhere with Sam if you want to meet her?" Eruda knew that they should wait to tell Freya but she would leave it up to him to decide.

What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

Spoiler

Flipping back to the first question with some thought, she bites her bottom lip as she starts the write. I wish only to be strong so that I can stand with the people I care about and know that I can keep them all safe from any danger that has yet to come into play. To prove that I can be the shield when no one else can. To become the person that I couldn't be in the real world. To Protect. Taking a deep breath as the emotions and rage started flowing in just thinking of the people who made this place in the first place.

What would you wish for the better of people around you?

Spoiler

Flipping the page she places the tip of her pen on the paper. I wish that when things get tough that my words will be heard. She starts to think about how she has been trying to find her words of order. Not to boss others in her team around but to know that when a plan is set, that they will follow. Eruda wants to be the one beside Raidou when a decision is made, mainly to proceed with caution in the safest way possible. She wants to be the one that others can depend on instead of the other way around.

What would you wish for someone you care about?

Spoiler

Eruda's face blushes as she flips the page and reads the next question. She started to care for everyone in the guild but there were 3 people that crossed her mind right then. I wish for them to live a full life without regrets. Enjoy life as they grow stronger and not just focus on the bad things. Taking her pen off the paper she thinks of Freya first how she regrets her relationship with Eruda and the way Freya treated her. Griswold hoping that he knows it was not his fault why he never got to know Freya and I. Raidou, she was sure just from the way he presents himself toward everyone, that he has been through so much. Hoping that they all can move past what has happened to live in the here and now.

What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Spoiler

Eruda's face turns redder as she thinks about Raidou. She has gotten to know her father a decent amount since she found out about him but Raidou...She only knows what she has seen... I wish that Raidou would open up to me. Let me know him...The real him... Open his heart to let me love him the way I want to... "Oh Geeze," Eruda pats her red face as to try getting the blush off knowing that Griswold was most likely watching her get all flustered. She knew that no one else would see this so she left it as is. Taking a deep breath as she quickly moves to the last question...

What would you wish for yourself?

Spoiler

This question came a bit easier for her. Her pen starts to slide into words like she knew exactly what the write. I wish to better myself, to fight against the extreme and to know myself better and everyone around me so that I can do what I must with nothing but safety behind each action. To help lead everyone out of this game while thinking rationally with each decision I make. To make a difference... Taking a deep breath as all the mixed amotion continues to come into play. Folding up the papers but knew that each question had though into it.

Edited by Eruda