[EV-22] Tanabata Celebration!

Starting to become rather hungry, Gaius stops at a stall just in time to see Simmone leaving with some little pouch. "Hey, whats this all about?" the NPC seems uninterested in sharing. He'd get louder: "Hey short s*** I am talking to you!" she'd look and scream “WHAT IS SO DAMN IMPORTANT?" he'd get in her face, her eyes up at him with equivalent anger. "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STALL?" they were growing in volume with each exchange, making it hard for those around to not overhear. “TRAIN A BIRD, IT'S FUN DO IT OR DONT"

Gaius busts out laughing, still furious, and grabs a handful of one with a squawk from a cage. "Like THIS?"

Scattering through the wind, a tuft of feathers as a tiny bird is tossed like a pillow. It rights itself in the air and lands but if it had eyebrows It'd surely be glaring at the man who just flung it. In response a tiny stick bounces off his forehead, causing his head to turn. "You want some you little s***?"

ID# 166860 results: Craft: 1
ID# 166861 results: Craft: 3
ID# 166862 results: Craft: 1, Total: 5, Stick Obtained [T1/Uncommon/Dagger] (Taunt)

Edited by Gaius
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking for Mari might have to wait as Shirogane stood by the bamboo tree to hang her tanzaku "I'm just going to annoy her if I keep on following" she thought as one by one she tied the papers to the tree. "I wonder if all these will be granted" most of it is wishful thinking and others are for the motivation of goals and Shirogane is satisfied by the outcome of what she wrote, "now if only I could grab some food and return to senpai's shop then I'll be good to go."

Crozeph offered his shop as a place to stay for Shirogane, despite the warning of it being gloomy as hell. Shirogane took the offer and managed to stay at the back of it while Crozeph kept on visiting and dumping materials from his travels. A few visitors and some walks on other settlements made her feel satisfied and add to that the times when Jeca and her guild would invite Shirogane for dinner.

"I should try some takoyaki and go to sleep, maybe senpai will bug me tomorrow about doing a quest." For all she knows Crozeph might be spending his time with his girlfriend "heh, I'm sure she's the one dragging that asocial person here" she thought. Shirogane held together her palms and closed her eyes "may all these wishes come true" she uttered.

[Shirogane hangs tanzaku]

The meteor shower ended, and it was then that Vigilon remembered something. "Aw, crap...I forgot to turn in the gold stars I found! I'll be right back, I promise!" He said to Krysta as he got up, before he rushed for the center of town. This was one of those few times when the presence of crowds was more trouble than worth. "Excuse me, sorry, coming through..." Maybe he would adjust to many people one day, maybe he'd try becoming an ambivert at least, but it was times like this when life really liked to shove people in his face, and not always in a positive manner, either. Eventually, though, He'd managed to reach the town center, and find the boys still looking over their plans. As he tried to catch his breath, he opened up his menu and pulled out the gold stars he'd found out on the lake, as well as the lakeshore. "One... one hundred and thirty-two stars....I...I hope it's enough..." He said as he continued catching his breath and placing the sack of gold stars down for the kids. Of all things, Vigilon would never expect to hear what he heard... "Thanks, we appreciate the thought! We've already passed the required threshold for gold stars, but we'll accept these just in case!"

Vigilon simply fell on his back in response, out of disbelief and fatigue.

Item Name: Gold Stars
Quantity: 132
Thread Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19867-pp-f22-star-spangled-mess/

Looking back as she heard Gaius shouting at the NPC with long black hair, being both distracted by one another. "Whatcha doin'?" but is left unheard, she'd take to the stall and see a tiny bird sitting around and rather scared seeming. She had no way of knowing the thing was furious. With a tip toe of her feet she moved along quietly behind it, it seemed focused entirely on the dragoon. A dive forward she lunges for it trying to grab it. The bird catches her approach and takes to a flapping leap to avoid her clutches, moments later a flying stick nails Shiina in the head. "Oof, but birdy we friends!" This thing clearly had enough of the day, and with a flutter escapes into the night air.  It was off to apply its vengeance on humanity that had done it so wrong, one thrown stick at a time.

ID# 166863 results: Craft: 6
ID# 166864 results: Craft: 3
ID# 166865 results: Craft: 1, Total: 10, Stick Obtained [T1/Uncommon/Dagger] (Taunt)

Edited by Shiina

The girl stepped away from Raidou, her eyes lowered to the ground. Without Ayame or Raidou, she began to feel once again the nostalgic feeling of loneliness. Of course, she could have hung out with Raidou for the rest of the night. However, she doubted he wanted to spend his entire event with her. She also wasn't sure if she could handle his personality for that long. She wandered through the crowd, ignoring the gathered crowd that spoke amongst eachother. She ignored the gazes of the few that paid her attention and made her back to the one other place in the event she had enjoyed.

"Oh ho, back for more I see?" the candy apple vendor would say as she stepped back up to his stall. "That good that you came back for more?" Hidden would nod to him and a smile would shine on her face as he handed her another. She smiled to him and forced the words out. "T-thanks." Speaking to an NPC was weird if she thought about the fact that they weren't real. They didn't actually have feelings. 

A veiled dagger in her sleeve Raidou couldn't help but smile, for at least she had some way of defending herself should she need it. With the steel, he could not help but find just a bit of comfort. As she wandered away Raidou would mutter "Strange that we both find that the other is better than who we are actually." His eyes would take back to the sea of lanterns a comparison of souls in this place. "No it hardly ever is." Raidou responds passively, something about this place removed his filter and allowed his thoughts to flow cleanly. He'd correct and look to see Eruda, surprised that she'd sought him out. Adorned in a yukata, as was customary of the affair he'd not any reason to be entrapped like it as he had. A stare broken after a moment too long as he found it, he'd mutter "It really suits you Eruda."

Everyone seemed to begin to hang their tanzaku as well, joining in on the fun that was making wishes. He was curious as to what some people had written … but he’d rather not go too into what people had written, it was probably a personal answer to the prompts, so it would be like peeking into their private lives … maybe just a little sneak peek … As he took a step closer towards the tree, his arm lifted ready to grab onto a random wish, he stopped himself and took a step away again. “Nah … I shouldn’t.” he muttered to himself and shook his head. “Maybe I should take a look at how well the railroad is doing.” he said while humming Thomas the Tank Engine theme feat. Biggie Smalls.

As he arrived at the kids building the railroad, he could see that they had gotten quite far with everything, only needing a bit more. “Damn, I thought the rest was done … give me a few minutes!” he said and sped off into the distance, only to return not much longer with 8 rail tracks ready for the contribution. “Hope this should be enough.” he said while handing them off.

Item Name: Rail Tracks
Quantity: 8
Evaluation Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/8010-macradon-the-blazing-typhoon/?do=findComment&comment=621643

She took a seat in front of the apple stand, munching happily on the apple. The nostalgic feeling of happiness and warmth returned with each bite. To think that once, her heart had been won by such a simple food. Now, it served as a comfort food that reminded her that there was some warmth in the world. Sey was the first to show her happiness in either world. That was the reason she would always love and treasure him. However, just as she wrote on the wish, he deserved better. He deserved something better than her. He deserved someone who wouldn't hold him back, he deserved someone who wouldn't make him worry.

A voice pulled her away from her thoughts and she paused her eating. "Miss?" Her eyes would focus on the NPC"huh?" "I'd been calling for you for the last minute. You alright?" As he spoke, he kept himself busy, cleaning the counters to his stand. "Y-yeah. I'm fine I guess." 

"Oh good. Was worried there for a moment." Hidden frowned. For someone who was worried, his eyes appeared to have no focus on her at all. Perhaps it was because he was an NPC without actual feeling. 

His stomach rumbles and causes him to tilt his head down. Storming away and leaving Shiina and the damnable NPC who had the guts to stand up to him, Gaius had had just about enough and his appetite was stirring, he'd take to another stall. This one selling delicious treats, to which he'd buy two and offer one to Boris who was still a bit spooked from the exchange. "It's alright buddy, that s*** just happens some times, here." he'd pass one of the candy apples to the creature who started to nibble and smack its lips like peanut butter to a dog. A slightly higher coo as the flavor caused it to shutter, seeming to enjoy the taste more than usual. "Like that do yah, who knew you were into sweets." he comments taking a bite of his own, it being just a tinge too sweet for him by comparison.

"Thank you, it's my first time wearing one." Eruda glances to Raidou with a smile saying "You...you look good as well..." Quickly looking away as to not stare too long at his clothing, she didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. Looking up toward the colors blasting around in the sky still, she says "I never got a chance to thank you for saving Freya. She told me all about it." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in loving how relaxed she felt. Freya was safe and she found her father..."I also wanted to thank you for taking Griswold under your wing. The world that is so big, seems so small given the people that you could possibly meet around here." That phrase could have gone any direction but she was aiming it toward knowing the truth about her father and meeting Raidou, who somehow has become a huge part of her life. Eruda scoots just a bit closer to Raidou, baby steps she thought to herself...

She finished the last few bites of her apple, her stomach not satisfied but her mood a bit brighter. She looked to the NPC who kept himself busy on the counter. This was the first time she actually felt like she paid attention to a familiar. Typically, she only used them when purchasing items or taking on quests. The idea that a program could run so many at once was interesting. They didn't have feelings, they were just scripts of dialogue. 

She threw the stick to her apple on the ground, it shattered on the ground. "Do you- do you get a lot of business on the third floor." The NPC looked up to her for a moment, seeming taken aback by her question. Of course, it was most likely due to the AI having to think up an answer. "Not usually. I'm not too busy, so I spend some time on the higher floors working to make a little extra money." Hidden frowned. "I didn't know you could leave your floor except for special circumstances." 

Raidou offered a pause, he could sense the stability and sincerity in her tone and chose to remain silent. "I could hardly take credit for any of it. I simply acted as a hand, the very same I offer everyone. Would have I sought out Freya had you not brought it to my attention, would Griswold not found a purpose had mine not come along. The questions that will never be answered." he was soft spoken but clearly adamant in his view, he hardly considered that he would have been the only choice for such things. Someone else would have surely brought about the same result had he not come first, he was convinced he was not unique in his virtue and there were others that shared his very sentiments. "The world is vast, but maps are drawn in attempts to make it perceivable to those who wished to see it all. Try hard enough, and you just may." he'd comment with a memory of his little back book playing through his head.

"Aincrad itself is a special circumstances. Those of us who dare to dream of a better life can travel the floors as we please. Do more than just what was meant of us." Hidden continued to frown, confused by what the NPC was beginning to say. "Are you trying to say that you have some higher purpose?" She said, the warmth of the apple fading from within her. The NPC smiled to her. "Of course. That without purpose has no reason to exist right? We simply have found our reason and are going to push for it." Hidden stood, stepping away from the booth. "Why do you keep saying we as if you're part of some cult? Or is something screwed up with your speech pattern?" An annoyed look rested on the Candy Apple Man's. "The name is Daniel Rabbittail. Funny name, I know. You have a good day miss, it is sure to be an eventful night." 

Hidden rolled her eyes. She broke the NPC. It moved to some default line of dialogue and continued on. Of course, she wasn't sure how she felt about the look in its eyes. "Where to next?" she would mutter to herself. The Candy Apple Man creeped her out a bit and she wasn't going to hang out there. 

"It's all about the timing I guess," she says with a small chuckle. "Marking down the map, it's not what Sam was trying to do with that notebook of hers, was it? She gots us lost because she wanted to discover this world on her own terms. I have to say though...It was rather fun." Eruda thinks about when she and a good chunk of the guild got lost in the misty forest and remembering Raidou coming to find them then too. Without really thinking about it Eruda says "I will never be lost again as long as I am with you."  He found her and gave her that chance that no one else would in the real world. From that day she has only gotten strong with her words and actions alike. "I owe you so much," her feet dangled over the edge now as she thought about all the good times that she has had with Firm Anima and Raidou himself. On the ice...he taught her to skate...in a way it was romantic. She wanted more memory like this with Raidou but she had not the first clue how to make that happen. She bites her bottom lip softly as her face turns bright red thinking about it.

Hidden once found herself wading through the crowds, the faces of many unfamiliar to her. She kept her head low, not wanting to attract unwanted attention to herself. She made her way through the entire event to the edge where the water sat. As she stepped up to a man in a straw-hat, he looked at her with a passive gaze.  “Fine night to be out on the water, “Feel free to take one. Just be sure to return them to me after you’re done. Oh, and watch out for the lanterns. Wouldn’t want to put all of them out now, would we?” Hidden nodded. Perhaps a boat ride would be nice. 

She took a seat on the boat, rowing herself so that she moved out to the center of the lake. 'I wonder if the quest, King of Lakes, has been disabled for the time being. Be terrible if he just knocked me into the water.' She sat, enjoying the cool air of the night. However, as nice as it was, the feeling of lonliness wouldn't leave. 'This is what I get for  spending so much time with others. I'm becoming more used to having them around. Only a month ago I was entirely alone.' 

That was right, Raidou had given that girl the book that now was leagues out of date. "Perhaps some may find solace in a journey, but they should always be prepared for what they may face. Sam has trouble dealing with the repercussions of becoming wanderlust as Gaius seems to." Raidou reflected honestly, allowing his thoughts to flow as free as the waves in front of him. "That is the hope, Eruda. That I will never be unprepared and put any of you in harm's way." he'd keep his attentions locked to the body of water, unknown to him that the girl was inching closer or burning flush upon her face. She'd find his attention dead locked on the lake, unmoving and calmed by what it had in store. A glimmer in his eyes as the stars above kept producing a trail in a show for all that attended, but Raidou would not look for his feet were on the ground.

She'd had moved from the dock, eager to seek out the small rafts that would lead to where the boy Shoji's dear youngling would have been lost to the blackened ink. All consuming and but the glimmers of the lantern produced a road to traverse. She thought herself alone upon this wine, most keeping to land. Another? a vessel in its own right with a girl with white of her own. "What brings you out upon this tide, stranger still, Lost as I, you appear? But I can see the discomfort on your brow." she'd ask of the girl alone, perhaps looking for the depths beneath her to find solace or perhaps hope. It was what Morrighan had sought, but it was not her own but that of another. Curious still was this grand lake the keeper of such a human desire, swallowing it and holding it for ransom for all but those strong enough to look.

@Hidden

Edited by Nisahime

She laid down in her boat, looking up once again towards the sky. The meteors were gone, but the stars were alight with the night sky. Events like these were kind of nice. She liked to fight and prove her strength in the face of overwhelming strength. However, sitting down and resting was assuring that things were nearly the same as before they came here. Besides, the floors of Aincrad held a beauty that couldn't be replicated within the real world. Here, they could experience everything to its fullest. 

She felt a cold feeling in her chest, and found that her familiar had come out to enjoy the night as well. Playfully, it bounced from on her chest to knock one of the nearby lanterns in the water. She sat up, "Umbra! Do you wan-" 

"What brings you out upon this tide, stranger still, Lost as I, you appear? But I can see the discomfort on your brow."

Hidden turned to another boat that was approaching hers. Where the player had come from, she did not know. And of course, she was one of those that spoke in riddles. In an attempt to seem genuine she would reply, "I am out here because it's nice out. What do you mean that I look lost?" She would attempt with a smile. This girl, seemed to speak in more rhymes than Raidou did when they met. 

Raidou seemed completely unphased that she moved closer. Tilting her head a bit to see his gaze upon the waters that reflects the soul-filled lanterns above them as he spoke nothing but the truth. She was trying her best to do just that when she brought the others out on her short time adventures. She could risk or bare with herself if anything happened to anyone of them. This entire time her chest has been pounding with her feelings that she kept locked up for so long. If she didn't do something to carry it on then maybe nothing would happen between the two of them. Eruda takes a deep breath and moves a bit closer. If Raidou pushed her away or moved the other direction, at least she would know sort of how Raidou felt. She knew that there was something between them but it had yet to come up what. Eruda scoots a bit closer and rests her head gently on his shoulder. Whatever the results, she would deal with them.

A smile in feigned reality, produced in a fashion that could be interpreted in two ways. "What an alien place, to find beauty." She'd scan about to the waters around them, absent of all but them. "Searching for hope upon these waves, a small boy asked for such a simple thing. Are you?" she'd comment in earnest but in an inquiry as she removed a small glimmering gold star from the water. It was odd that someone would seek beauty alone, most who would parade so far from others would search for solace. "What is it truly out upon these waters for? I need not an answer for it was hardly a question that would need a response." she'd comment as a trek of her white hair clung to the water as it pooled over her shoulders into the moisture below. It spooled and lined the waves, she seemed unaltered by the fact.

@Hidden

Item Name: Gold Stars
Quantity: 161
Thread Link

Edited by Nisahime