[EV-22] Tanabata Celebration!

Clearly, the players were more interested in their conversations, or hanging their own papers, to pay any attention to Dazia, who had been attempting to sneak through the process. No longer within the vicinity of the Tanzaku, she no longer needed to be in stealth, and she kind of ran off... While this got her some confused looks from the NPCs around, she didn't care. They were NPCs, and Dazia's cursor was green. She literally had nothing to worry about. When she reached the center of town, she slowed down and climbed up to the rooftop of a building at random, then look to the sky as she caught her breath, wondering what she would need to do next. She would then hear a voice calling out to her. “Hey! Excuse me! Do you have some time?” Dazia looked down to see a child NPC. "I really don't understand why you would be coming to me, who is on a rooftop, clearly looking to be alone for a minute while catching my breath...however, I might be interested. What is it?" Dazia asked as she came down from the rooftop. The NPC would hand Dazia a flyer or two from their stack, as they quickly recited a few lines. “Um, we’re looking for a number of items to complete a project for our friend -- if you happen to know where to find some or want to pitch in on the effort, we’d certainly appreciate your help!” With that, the NPC left to speak to someone else. She began to think out loud, back up on the rooftop, as she examined the flyer. "If it requires items that are actually found and crafted, there must be some kind of reward in it for me...Too bad I don't have any paper among my materials, guess I'll keep an eye out for those 'gold stars' instead."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the tanzaku transcribed he removes himself from his serene position, leaving the waves where they would repeat indefinitely and pushing himself past groups of players with enough birth to avoid them. Numerous in number he recognized a fair few of them, but he was so far from a simple conversation he only knew to speak when situations were dire and were lost when it wasn't. He was painfully aware of how his actions tend to always sway toward motion, a moment for them to relax was in order to build morale. He, however, felt more uncomfortable here than he had on the battlefield. Moving to the front Raidou watches a small girl scatter off into the distance after hanging her own, being perched rather precariously in her attempts to remain unseen. He simply pretends that she was concealed, there must have been a reason. He hung his own in silence a wish with no faith.

[Raidou hangs the Tanzaku]

ID# 161219 results: Loot: 14+3=17, Dazia spotted!

Edited by Raidou

Krysta would make her way back to the Tanzaku Stall, believing that she would be able to answer the remaining prompts with ease. She would notice a paper hung on the stalks already, and it was signed by Vigilon...it was clearly a wish for Krysta.

My wish for you is to always find joy and happiness, and to make it out of this mess alive.

I love you, Jewel, and I always will. -Vigilon

There was a spot right beside the paper, it was definitely the best spot he could hang the paper...so Krysta got right to continuing her work on her own wishes.

Spoiler

3. What would you wish for someone you care about?

Krysta knew exactly who this wish would be for. Vigilon. She loved how sweet he was, and how much he respected her as a woman, for he also seemed to know his boundaries...or was he simply being a bit shy on his own needs? He wasn't exactly asking much of her at all...she had to return the favor at some point, but how? Regardless of this, she loved him. She would continue to be by his side, continue to spend time with him, and more. She considered him to be very trustworthy, and hopefully the relationship between them would only continue to grow...

Krysta's Answer: My wish for you is to remain resolute in what you stand for, and to survive this virtual prison.

I love you too, Alex, my love for you shall not dare fade. -Krysta

Spoiler

4. What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

There were quite a few possibilities for that one...several of whom she had not seen for quite some time. Had she truly had so little interaction with the players of Aincrad? It was truly saddening, actually. Krysta began to ponder who among those she still had encounters with she should dedicate the wish to, or if she should even dedicate this wish to someone she never knew? No, how could she possibly manage to do that? Besides, she had already written a wish for the general populace of players who she had yet to meet. After some thought, she decided on a more recent acquaintance...Astralin.

Krysta's Answer: Never forget what you fight for, and why.

-Krysta

Spoiler

5. What would you wish for yourself?

A very broad topic from which Krysta could make a wish upon. If she could wish for herself, there would be a number of things she could choose from. She could choose from strength, readiness, serenity, peace, happiness...there truly were many things she could wish for... She herself had been through so much, and she felt that there was plenty she would struggle through later on... She would need to be prepared for the many trials and battles ahead, to be strong enough to defeat those who would harm her and the innocent, to have happiness, and share it with Vigilon... with all these thoughts considered, she knew what to wish.

Krysta's Answer: To find happiness within my journey.

-Krysta

With all her wishes written, she took a deep breath or two, relieved to have thought deeply about her wishes and choices... Now there would be only one thing left in terms of these wishes, and then she would move on and see if there was anything else the festivities had to offer. Chances were, there might be, and she still had yet to find Vigilon...but since he had left his wishes here, he couldn't possibly be very far...

[Answered prompts 3, 4, and 5, all wishes are signed]

The paladin took a moment to settle the water out of her hair and fix the beautiful Kimono that she had put on somewhat disheveled. She smiled at Crozeph as he welcomed her and pulled her into his chest. What a perfect way to relax after having been stressed out the last week or two about leveling up. A quiet boat ride with her fiance, writing their wishes to be hung up on the trees.

It was probably one of the most romantic dates that she could have ever thought of. Not that she had really been on many herself or anything. "I have been doing a lot of leveling, and I need a break. I'm pushing myself too hard. Night was telling me that she would start to get worried if I pushed myself too hard. I guess I need to learn to relax a little more. I'm sorry if I've worried you."

What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

Spoiler

Yuki looked over the question with a bit of remorse. Thinking about staying in this world any longer than she had too sounded like hell. She never really wanted to be stuck in here in the first place. Nevertheless, she had taken up her shield and took this world head on. She'd be damned if she didn't make it out of her alive. Taking one of the pens Crozeph had, she began to write down her wish. I wish to keep Crozeph with me until the end. Nothing will take him away from me, and that I promise. Then she folded the paper into the a half.

What would you wish for the better of people around you?

Spoiler

This wasn't a very hard question. In her journey through Aincrad, she had met tons of people: Crozeph, Night, Hidden, Mari, Life, etc. All of those people must be here wishing for a bunch of different things, so she wasn't sure how to generalize all of them other than just wishing that all of their wishes ended up coming true. I've met a bunch of great friends in this world, but I certainly just hope that everyone makes it to the end of the game. I will stand before them as shield to their swords. Not only will I be making it out of this stupid game, but I'll be dragging everyone else out with me.

What would you wish for someone you care about?

Spoiler

We're easily talking about Crozeph for this one. He had made Yuki's life much more relaxing than she could ever envision it. When she was a hard headed idiot through most of the tough conditions, she could look on to him and feel completely relaxed. He always found to time to take things slow and just stay happy. That was at least what she had gotten from him. If there was really one thing she could put down in this section for Crozeph, it was easy. Just don't ever change. After writing that down, she would snuggle up to her fiance and sigh contently.

What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Spoiler

Writing about Night felt weird for this question, but even though the two of them were some of the best friends, she still felt like there was more she could learn about and from the girl if she spent more time around her. I hope that Night enjoys my company more than anything. I feel like I've been dragging my feet with her in the lead most of the time. I don't want to slow anyone down or have anyone made at me. This was a bit harder of a question for her, but Night is one of her best friends ever. Hopefully they would get the chance to meet outside of the game.

What would you wish for yourself?

Spoiler

Wishing things for yourself was extremely selfish, but since it was one of the little prompts, she would have to write something down. What sort of things could she even want? Despite everything that she is working for, she felt completely content with everything around her. There was really only one thing that she could wish for, and even though it wasn't really for herself, it was all in her control so it should theoretically count. I want to be able to protect everyone in this boss raid. I don't give a shit about this Shadow that is opposing us. Nobody will die if I have anything to say about it.

"It seems like a really interesting holiday then." Alicia responds to the girl as they walk through the streets of the festival. If what Katoka was saying was true, than the two of them would need to write some wishes to hang up on the tree. Then when those wishes came true, they could take them down. The Japanese people seemed so elegant and cultured to America some times with these kind of events.

"Well, let's find this Tanzaku you were talking about and write our wishes down then. I think that'll be fun." The bamboo forest that held the wish making festivities seemed kind of filled with others writing down all their hopes and dreams to be hung up for later. Alicia had no idea what she was going to be writing on the papers, so maybe she would get some advice from Katoka. "Hey, what are you thinking about putting down on the papers? Maybe it will help give me an idea for my own."

[Receives Tanzaku!]

"H-Hey! Wait for me Nee-chan!" Assassin calls out as she finishes up her prompts. She runs to catch up with her, only to remember that she still needs to hang up her wishes before she leaves. She quickly runs back over to the branches of the trees and sets her Tanzaku on a low hanging branch. With it placed in a comfortable spot, she sprints off to catch up with her older sister.

Once she had caught back up, a bird was already bringing a branch back to Hidden. Assassin snickered a bit as Hidden seemed to be pouting. The teller of the booth looked down to her and beckoned her to come over as well. "What about you? Wanna give it a try?" She asked to the girl, who was paying a bit too close attention to her sister to respond at the moment. "Um... yeah, sure why not. Sounds like fun. Maybe if I get something good, you can have it Nee-chan!"

[Hangs Tanzaku]

Someone I wish... to know better.

Alkor looked blankly at the prompt and twirled the brush idly between his fingers. There were many people in Aincrad he had not met, and even the few he had he did not know well. To single out any one person that way seemed like a difficult decision; but to say that he really wanted to know anyone better wasn't quite true, either. It was fact that he intended to grow, to learn to interact, and to live a halfway functional life as a part of society. That didn't mean he had to like it.

Anyone who had met Alkor could attest that he was cold and distant at the best of times. His anger showed though under stress, and he was short with answers. Many people had deemed it "edgy" and given him a wide berth. Others simply decided it was easier not to make the attempt at all. His few friends stayed around, for whatever reason. Lessa didn't seem to mind that he was just a few functions shy of being a robot, and Mari...

He glanced sidelong toward the woman through his mask. If she had recognized him, she understood the decision to wear the mask. And if she hadn't? Well, she wasn't approaching, so he had to assume that either way, it was serving its purpose. He looked around and saw all the people gathering around the Tanzaku booth and then returned his gaze to the paper. Two more prompts and he could leave the area. Or at least, that was the tentative plan.

最初に帰宅するまで待ちます。

Wait til I get home first.

It was hard to concentrate on understanding people in Aincrad, and even harder to say that his heart was in it. While he managed the best he could, Alkor's drive had always been to get to the end. People, things, places he saw here- while they might be truly beautiful, in truth, he was distracted. They didn't get that. Everyone here was so absorbed into their own things, and so desensitized, they had adapted to living their lives out as if Aincrad were the new normal. For Alkor, that was never going to be the case. He refused to accept Aincrad. He refused to fall into the deadly routine and just play a part. 

People finding love, and people becoming entrepreneurs, even the people who were making a name for themselves as heroes on the Frontlines- those people had become a part of something that he wasn't fully able to comprehend, and in all honesty probably never would become a part of. 

Alkor placed a hand over the words and bowed his head. 

Yes, I think that's succinct.

[Prompt 4 complete!]

"Holy hell...!"

Those were the only words the young boy had for himself whenever he cast his gaze upon the large sea of people and festivities. The whole area was set in a blanket of crimson and ruby glows, aside from the occasional yellow from the lanterns, and blues from the oft missed sapphire decorations. Basuke walked the streets with a grin widening across his face. Hands in pockets, eyes sparkling with curiosity, he followed the wave of players from one end of the road to the other.

--And ended up at a somewhat-dense forest entrance, the most of which was packed with small groups of players looking over what seemed like colourful papers.

"Tanzaku," the NPC echoed to him, when he'd accidentally entered said woman's vicinity. The little booth she'd set up was nearly missable in the dark -- thank goodness the boy hadn't accidentally ran into the clutter of stationary and boxes set to the side. "If you're in the area to celebrate Tanabata, why not write out some wishes of your own?"

"It's a wish making event?" He asked with a look of awe.

"That's right! It's a Japanese custom." The lady fanned out a small cluster of papers in her hand, waving it around. "You answer a few prompts here, and then hang them on one of the bamboo stalks over yonder."

"That's so cool...!"

"Isn't it?" The two stars seemed to exchange beams with each other, Basuke bouncing on his heels a little. "If you're up for it--"

"-- I am!"

"That's great!" A small case was offered to him -- the papers splayed in a variety of colours on top, attached with a tiny red rubber band. "Then, here you go! Take your time with them!"

With two hands did the player receive the kit, his heart swelling with indomitable pride. A giant bow, and a "Thank you very much!", Basuke made his way over to the bamboo stalks, wanting to check out how other players might've participated in the event.

[Tanzaku received.]

"Elora?"  His mouth was still rebooting.  "Elora!  Wow!  You look amazing!"

He practically hauled his two fellow guild members over to meet her.  "Vie and Haine of Firm Anima, I present Elora, and, uh... vice versa, I guess."  Social awkwardness alert.  He really wasn't good at this sort of thing.  Another realization dawned.

"You made it to the twenty-second floor!"  There was surprising gentleness and admiration in his voice as he spoke the words.  A broad smile broke across his face.  He still recalled when she seemed hesitant to leave the first, though he'd never embarrass her by bringing it up as part of conversation.  "Would you like to join us?  I just realized that I haven't eaten a thing yet, and Haine has a great eye for the best food.  She's even found herself a great cook to call her own."  He winked at Haine, referencing Kiluia's growing talent with the profession.  "If any of you have any Tanzaku's left to post, we can also swing back around to the bamboo trees."

@Haine @Vie @Elora

Leaving the tree having hung his 'wishes' and was moving through the crowds when a rattle of a cage draws his attention. To his shoulder a small black and white bird perches and fiddles with a strand of his hair. "Stupid bird...Damn things, I don't know how grampa can deal with... You want to try teaching that thing, it seems to have taken a liking to you? It's kind of an ass" a raven haired female with piercing red eyes seemed to move to his side in pursuit of the magpie that had fled its enclosure. With a slight turn, Raidou looks into the yellow billed bird that took a slight sporadic shift and picked his cheek as if it was a worm. "I suppose." a remark with a sharp exhale, simply wanting to remove the animal from his shoulder.

ID# 161702 results: Craft: 4 [4]

It seemed to have little interest in returning or leaving its new position outside of its cage, hopping back and forth across Raidou's neck to avoid the girls advancing grasp. It was clear this wasn't normally her ordeal, she had not the patience to deal with the creature. Producing a small strand of plant matter from his pocket in a bold orange color, he broke the leaf that cast the scent of citrus in the air. Typically used in pheromone he would assume it would prove to neutralize the beasts craziness. It seemed to have a marginal effect, but the beast was still trying its best to escape her attempts at capture.

ID# 161703 results: Craft: 10 [14]

Lifting the hand with the stink of the tangerine dream still lingered on his fingertips, Raidou waves the mashed leaf near the front of the creature. It scatters and picks parts rather aggressively from it. Bits fall down in flakes, small red lines drawn on his hand as it was not focused on gentle removal and as such Raidou's battle healing was recovering beak damage. "JUST HOLD STILL!" the girl extrudes taking a quick swipe toward it, a flap of its wings battering Raidou's hair as it leaps over her hand with finesse. She exhales sharply, feeling defeated.

ID# 161704 results: Craft: 12 [26], Iron Will (T1/Salve/Unique)

A bit more of the plant offered, Raidou pulls it from his shoulder toward the habitarium in a leading motion. "Come on..." the bird leaps from him in attempts toward the food, he lowers it and the bird flies inside of it. Rapid footfalls to its entry to block its exit, the bird was moving around wildly as he tosses the segment of what was left to the floor. It lands and hops to it and picks the last bit before switching its attention to the swordsman with a sharp squawk. Raidou fiddles with his bag and picks off another leaf, he'd need to wash his hands. He tosses it down as the bird eyeballs it, fluttering to the back of the cabin and dropping a jar of some paste. While its attempting to choke down its meal, the girl dives and claims the little bastard before it could flee again.  "Here, keep it. You've earned it I think." Having had enough she shoves him out of the place.

Edited by Raidou

50bc91686e51921427f3ffd2e8d140fe.png.3335080762520f51c67f252774733197.pngStill at a loss and finding some respite in a memory, Setsuna regrets making what she had. It had absolutely no combat effects, but she'd rather not stick out at such an event either. A disguise for her to remain outside of focus, she moves through the lavish event in a rather cold demeanor just trying to relax. Adorned in a light blue akin to ice, it suited her and in its slightly cold fabric she felt sheltered and centered so it worked on two fronts. She finds a table with the unmarked wish tablets, picking them up in her small ivory white hands. "Would you like to fill that out? Maybe it’ll help you clear your mind!" Setsuna looks to her in earnest, and then without a word points to a writing utensil. The girl in blazing reddened hair smiles and gives it to her. In silence Setsuna moves away, looking down at them with an almost child like exuberance.

[Setsuna receives Tanzaku]

Edited by Setsuna

"What am I thinking about putting down?" Katoka asked taking her own papers and pen. She read over the the questions, "Well, I don't think these are really things that you can borrow answers from others for. These have to be your wishes, plus they won't come true if you tell." she blushed a bit turning so her blonde companion hopefully wouldn't see, a few of her answers were going to be a bit more personal to share. It would be too embarrassing for her to outright tell Ruler the things she plans to write. "Now think real hard ok? These wishes have to come from here," she poked at her chest, "rather than here." she poked her forehead and giggled.

Turning to her papers she read the questions again more thoroughly, what was she going to write? She closed her eyes and thought hard about how she felt deep inside.

[Tanzaku Recieved]

Edited by Katoka

Mari tapped the brush against her lip. Idly listening to Shirogane, as she spoke about...what was his name...Freyd? "Mmm... I do feel like I should find him and sort out that misunderstanding but..." Mari sighed heavily as she stared at the next wish. She didn't voice it, but it was very clear that she was focused on trying to finish the last two wishes. 

Spoiler

These questions were hard. Were they meant to be? Mari pursed her lips as her brows furrowed in thought. Perhaps the wishes were meant for people more socialable than her. Most of them were based on people you cared about or wanted to know better - how was she meant to...Beat. The name flashed across her mind as she was about to scribble some half-assed attempt at a wish. He...had been stupid enough to jump right on in after her when she T-posed backward into the void. Mari drew a deep breath, she rarely knew him. Heck, had been convinced he wanted her dead. But...did she want to know him better? As Mari closed her eyes and thought about his confused facial expressions, the deep thrum of his voice, and his food. She decided that yeh...she probably could know him better.
I wish Beat would stop analyzing everything and live more frivolously. 

After having written the forth wish Mari blinked a few times to readjust her eyes. Turning her full attention to Shirogane. "It...I guess it is. I'm trying to hold everyone together. Everything together." Mari shifted her gaze, sweeping it across the people dotted throughout the bamboo thicket. "One of the pillars has disappeared. The other two seem to be busy. So it leaves me to try and scramble things together - Which...I guess is okay but I mean..." Mari lowered her gaze. "I'm not really one for being so social to do that. But, I'll discard everything I am for that guild." 

As Shirogane thanked Mari and turned to her wish Mari in turn did the same. One more... "What do I wish for myself..." Great - that was probably the worst question out of all of them, combined.

What do you wish for yourself?

Spoiler

Herself....why did it have to be about herself? Mari bit her tongue, hard.  She was tired. So tired. Lately she had been pushing so many things down. Hiding things. Moving forward. All she wanted right now was to get out of Aincrad. To help people like Alkor see his grandma again. For Aiko to see his mother, and Baldur to see his loved ones. Everyone had something...someone out there waiting for them. Well, everyone except her... Mari felt her heart sink as she slowly began to write out her last wish. She really didn't feel like she had anything to desire for herself. Mari felt undeserving of anything more than she had. The cold, the tiredness, the sinking loneliness... Those things were tolerable now. She could smile now.  Hell, she even had friends. And Mari really couldn't ask for anything else. So - all she could do was ask that she be granted the ability to keep fighting for others around her.
To stay alive until the last boss. So I can help everyone else leave this place.

And with that Mari stood. "I'm going to head on over to hang my wishes." Mari said to Shirogane before shifting away from her. As Mari walked, she had to pass the masked man. Her eyes flitted to the side- widening momentarily to realize who it was. Alkor.  Mari bit her tongue and swore under her breath. She thought HE was attractive!? Ugh. No. Well... he was but Mari couldn't see him like that, hell even if she tried she doubted she could. He was nothing more than a handsome friend whom she cared for. A friend she wanted to help escape. Mari flashed Alkor a small smile as she passed - followed by a nod of her head. It was pretty easy to figure out why he was wearing the mask. He didn't want to be bothered. 

It was a good plan. 

"Maybe I shoulda grabbed one..." Mari mused to herself.

[Wish #4, Wish #5] 

@Shirogane @Alkor

As Astralin received her prize, Vigilon would speak to her. "Ah, Vigilon! It's been a while! I've been doing well, so far. I'm starting to actually get out there and do stuff for once...it's kind of a good feeling, in all honesty." She answered. Vigilon would soon begin his own run of the magpie interactions, and Astralin would leave the area. After all, everyone else was either in deep conversation, or had already left.

Astralin made her way back to the outskirts of town where the tanzaku stall was. It was there when she spotted Krysta, making her wishes while standing very near some of the wishes already hung onto the stalks of bamboo. "Heeey, Krysta! It's been some time since our last encounter, how are you?" She asked. "I'll admit, I'm doing much better than I used to, seeing that I'm finally able to do more in this game!" She remarked.

"Sounds like you got your hands full right now, I may not know you much but I'm sure you'll be fine," she told Mari. Shirogane was quite adept at it, managing but never when it comes to people. She might be on the social side of things but Shirogane never imagined herself doing what Mari does. "It's quite easy to manage resources when the game is providing enough system for us to use but I'm not sure it's that easy to manage guild members, I get easily intimidated by people who are a bit loud," she said as she continues to write down her wishes.

Back when she was labeled as a "gamer" Shirogane never saw herself handling guild members. She knew her limitations and her altruistic nature is at most taken advantage of. With that in mind, she resigned herself to taking on tasks that filter the kind of people she meets online. "Though sometimes I can't help it, people need help and while I want to, things get really tough for me," she said while looking at her tanzaku. Her time spent inside the settlement living in fear of the monsters outside was enough to drag her lower and now that Crozeph is helping her, Shirogane's urges to help others is slowly making its way back to the surface "if you ever need help, I can try to add a helping hand" she told her. Soon enough she was following Mari as she told her she'll hang the tanzaku. "I'll be right behind you," she told Mari while showing the sweetest smile she could do. Shirogane followed while she continues to ponder the last two wishes she'll tag along with Mari's.

Spoiler

Shirogane never had anyone close to besides her friends who are in a different guild and her senpai Crozeph. That doesn't stop her from having this wish done. While she had her wishes for Crozeph, this one would be for Mari. It might be weird because they knew each other for only a few minutes but somehow, she wanted to know the person. There was a gut feeling that she'll learn a few important things just by helping her or the pillar herself helping Shirogane.

Wish #4: I wish to understand a certain pillar named Mari

What would you wish for yourself?

Spoiler

Shirogane already have everything she wanted in her life. She was good in music, her academic standing remains her pride, she had friends and a family who understood her really well. All this she had but it was out of her reach right now. Everything she had was barred by this death game and all she ever wanted was to have them in her arms again. She's not as strong as the other players or rational as her senpai when it comes to things yet she wished and at some point prayed and she only wanted one thing for herself right now.

Wish #5: I want to go home, please

Maybe she was so absorbed to her writing the wishes, Shirogane gave the papers a smile and looked up, only to find out that she lost Mari even in a not so thick crowd, she went the wrong way as she turned her head and saw the bamboo tree on a different direction "um, Mari-senpai where are you?" she asked but it seems she has to find her now.

@Mari

Edited by Shirogane

Astralin came over to greet Krysta. "It is a pleasure to see you again, Astralin, I am doing well, may I ask if you are doing the same?" She would say to her. Astralin would respond with words filled with hope. "That is wonderful to hear, I am certain you will rise above in level before very long!" Krysta noted. "At any rate, I must hang these papers, as my wishes have been written upon them. I admit, I am curious as to what this may bring in the game. Perhaps the Cardinal will read the wishes, thus hearing the voices of Aincrad on paper? Hmm...I doubt it, the system practically reads our minds, our thoughts, and therefore already knows... Do you believe the Cardinal system is learning more about us, about humanity and what we do, as we journey throughout the world it runs?" Krysta wondered aloud. When any responses that would be spoken had been said, she would hang the wishes onto the stalks of bamboo, hanging her third wish right beside Vigilon's third wish, openly addressed to be a wish for Krysta. Vigilon had wished for her, so she would wish for him back. The two wishes would be side by side with one another...it was like the bamboo stalks had grown beside each other for such an opportunity for two kindred souls to place their wishes for one another...

[Krysta hangs the Tanzaku]

Edited by Krysta

Eyes narrowed to slits as Oscar looked at the three NPCs before him. Each of the trio looked at him expectantly. They had been at a stand-off for quite some time. No sooner had Oscar set foot into the event grounds did these three NPCs bar his path. They looked him up and down just as Oscar sized them up. After a while, one of them produced an article of clothing that made Oscar absolutely recoil. The sheer horror of it all. The silk fabric. The design. It was enough to make a man sick. He held up one hand and shook his head, prompting looks of disappointment from the NPCs. They weren't happy, but they finally got out of his way. He was thankful they didn't actually enforce the dress code of this event. Oscar might have actually passed on this event if they had.

He didn't wear kimonos, after all.

Oscar wandered about for a bit before he came to an area where people were hanging scraps of paper on the edges of a bamboo forest. A woman was there handing out pens and paper to the event-goers. His curiosity piqued, Oscar stepped up and got in line. He could say one thing about NPCs in this game. They were incredibly efficient. He hadn't been in line long before he was already at the front. A pen and some paper were thrust into his hands and he was sent on his way before he even knew what was going on. It was rather impressive, all-in-all.

[Oscar obtains Tanzaku]

AkameKimono.jpgWith their quest finished, Shay and @ChaseRfound themselves into the celebration proper. Again, Tanabata was a lovely event that even someone like Shay liked, but Chase himself was not as familiar with Japanese culture. His knowledge of event was pretty limited, even though it was one of the very few things that really had anything to do with the game whatsoever.

"Since you don't know a whole lot about Tanabata, I'll lead you through it. The first thing we could do is go an get our wishes hung up on the Tanzaku. In tradition with festival, people will get some papers to write some wishes on and then they get hung up on trees. Once your wish has been fulfilled, you come back to the tree that you hung it on and you take it down." She explained, making her way to the forest proper. She scooped up some of the papers and handed them over to Chase as well.

Spoiler

Name: Shay
Level: 21
HP: 420/420
EN: 42/42

Stats:
Damage: 9
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 1
BLD:12
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: (Katana)Murasame α: BLD 2; DMG 1
Armor: Leather Overcoat: EVA 3
Misc: Deep Red Tie: Recovery 2; ACC 1

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Survival

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
T1 Mass HP Rec. II*1
T1 HP Rec. I*2
T1 Instant HP Rec. I*2
Incarceration*2

original.pngFinally entering the main event, the boy was more surprised than ever before. This was actually a setting, place and festival that he couldn't have dreamt of in his wildest of dreams. "So this is a Japanese festival..? Tanabata...", his inner thoughts went on as his eyes scanned left and right, trying to get accustomed to the whole theme and setting. It was quite pleasant and festive, and if that spoke to Chase that must mean a lot as is. He'd also gotten a kimono from an NPC almost as soon as they entered the festival, handmade for him, but the piece of clothing felt rather odd on him- no matter, a festival was a festival, and he'd go along with any festivities possible for the full experience.

At the same time, the boy made sure to keep an ear out for Shay's tour and explanations, paying close attention and nodding along. Once they'd received the papers, he silently looked at them and felt them in his hand, looking back up at Shay who felt and seemed much more natural in those clothes. "Hey, Shay. If this is an event, then they're watching us. Somewhere. Right?", the swordsman's thoughts were still wandering about, as he wasn't really used to laying around and just having fun like that for the past god-knows-how-many days. He was either crying cooped up in a room, burning himself out by churning through quests and working hard at it, or sleeping; meaning, this was a first. As such, it was hard for him to just take it easy and give all this thinking some rest for once.

@Shay

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 12
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
REC:2
PARA:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Sky Slasher>> (T1/Perfect/2HSS): DMG II; PAR I
Armor: <<Sky Blue Apparel>> (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I; REC II
Misc: <<Warm Earmuffs>> (T1/Perfect/Trinket): ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
Battle Healing [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
T1 Mochi (LD +3)*1
T1 Rare Health Potions (heal 40HP)*2
Spyglass (2/3)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR

Not knowing whether or not @Shirogane had followed Mari continued toward the bamboo tree that everyone else had been hanging their wishes from. "I remember doing this in Japan..." Mari mused quietly. Blue eyes shifted across the brightly lit papers that danced and twirled in the gentle breeze. Mari reached out and let one of the wishes rest gently in the palm of he hand. 'I wish I could go home' It read. So many people here wanted just that...to go home. Mari pulled her hand away and let it flow freely in the breeze. 

Now it was her turn. In comparison. Her wishes seemed impractical. Foolish. She hadn't really made any wish from the heart. Didn't sit and meditate on her answers. She just wrote pragmatic responses. Mari assured herself that it would have been different in the real world. That she'd enjoy the event. Mari slowly hung each wish on the bamboo branches. She kept telling herself that it would  be different if she were home. 

But she wasn't

And, she probably never would be home. Mari still had no real intention of leaving, but those thoughts were best left unanswered. Mari finished hanging her wishes and turned from her spot. It looked like Shirogane hadn't followed. She was probably still busy. Mari pursed her lips. What was there to do now?

Her eyes rested on Alkor again. He probably didn't want to be bothered. Even knowing that she found her steps drawing her closer to him. With each step she felt her heart constrict - as it pounded hard against her chest. She wanted things to be amicable between them. There was still that little voice in her head that told her to turn and run. But she didn't. 

Mari's feet stopped in front of Alkor. She swallowed. Her throat felt dry. "Hey." Mari began. Offering Alkor a half-smile. "Just wanted to uh..." Mari took a step back and scratched the back of her head. This felt intrusive in some strange way. Her eyes shifted to the sky for a moment before turning back to the masked man. "You know. Check in. It's ..." There was lilting waver of doubt as she paused for but a second to find the right words. "It's nice to see you here."

He must never know I thought him attractive like this. Nope. Don't need it. 

Mari would have reached out and patted him on the shoulder if he were anyone else, but he wasn't. He was Alkor. "I'm off to look at this magpie thing since I've hung my wishes. If you wish to join me later come find me." An offer. That's all she would do for now. Offer him that friendship, and a chance to hang out if he so chose. This wouldn't be like the last event where she stayed by his side. Unaware of his own discomfort. "I'd enjoy the company but -" Her eyes lowered to his own Tanabata wishes. "I feel like writing those is something best done solitary so..." Mari lifted up her hand and bid him a wave goodbye. "I'll see you around." 

And with that she turned on her heel and left him to her own devices. That...was much easier than she had anticipated. The fear of loosing his friendship was slowly dissipating. Maybe he wouldn't just disappear again after all.

@Alkor

[Wishes hanged]