[PP|F2]<<Venomous Warg>>Royal Decree

37273d5683bb5fdca90f2ed184edb515.pngBack to doing this boring quest. This time she would finally get the chance to meet Katoka's real life friend who goes by the name of Hisa. She had sent the woman a message with instructions to meet her on the second floor near the inn. After taking a good look at herself in the mirror, she realized just how unkempt she had kept herself lately. If she had known just how awful she had looked the past few weeks leveling up with Katoka, she would have fixed her hair and appearance much sooner.

Well, now she would probably get a few more turn of the heads but she looked much better than she did before. Leaning against the side of the building near the door, she hefts her new weapon to her side and adjusts it's holster to better fit her build. Hopefully Hisa got here soon so she wouldn't be standing around looking weird for long.

Spoiler

Name: Ruler
Level: 13
HP: 260/260
EN: 26/26

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Royal Claymore[THSS/Rare/T1] DMG II
Armor: Maiden's Garb[Light Armor/Perfect/T1] MIT II; EVA I
Misc: Maiden's Forgiveness[Trinket/Perfect/T1] ACC III

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 3]
Fightning Spirit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(50hp)*3
Ice Cream Mochi - LD III*2
Special OH(50hp)*1
Rare Healing Potions(40hp)*5

Housing Buffs:

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Hisa was looking at different jobs on the questboard when a whisper interrupted her. Ruler wanted to do a quest together and included a location where she wanted to meet up. 'On my way' she responded before she headed to the second floor. 

They had met before, but it was in a bigger group during a sandstorm. Hisa wondered what Ruler would be like in one on one conversation, but she figured that she might be nice since Katoka always swooned over her in their whispers. That being said, her real life friend always had a tendency to try to flirt with questionable people so Hisa needed to be cautious. 

While making her way to the location that was sent to her, she came to the conclusion that there were two things she needed to find out. Firstly, how strong was Ruler in combat, secondly, if she was a good partner for Katoka. 

After a short walk, she saw the blonde in the distance."Hey!", she shouted while waving in her direction.

Spoiler

Level: 9

HP: 180/180

EN: 18/18

Equip:

WPN: Resonance (+3 DM)

AMR: Combat Vest (+3 EVA)

TKT: Blinding Sand (+3 ACC)

Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 2

"Good day." Ruler says, offering a wave to the shorter girl of the two. A smile came across her face as they made eye contact. "You are Hisa from what I remembered when we met. That was quite the chaotic adventure and we hardly had time to speak one on one in the middle of a sandstorm."

Observing the player for a moment, it looked like she had taken some time to improve her equipment, so that set her heart at ease. She had gone into this fight expecting for her to carry the girl through it, if she could handle doing some damage herself, then that would be even better. Opening the door to the inn, the regal looking woman allowed her to step in before her. "After you. The quest giver is just in here."

Once Hisa made her way through the door, Ruler would follow suit. She would point over to the man sitting at a table of his own, looking really worried for his current situation.

On her mental checklist, she ticked the first box 'chivalrous'. A good start, Katoka would enjoy being treated like a princess. Back to the task at hand though, she approached the man who looked down on his luck. 
"Hello sir." she said to get his attention. 
"Hello little girl." the merchant replied.
'Oh my god why does every single one of these goddamn npcs call me short.' her thoughts started to race.
"I assume you have read my request."
'I swear to god on day I will show them little.' it continued, no longer paying attention to the npc in front of her.
"Recently, all of my supply carts have been ambushed by a ferocious group of wolves, led by a mutated venonous creature."
'Eventuall they will no longer be essential, and I will have my revenge!'
"Here is the location, I would be really glad if you could help my poor soul out. I don't have much anymore but I will pay you regardless should you accept."
'It will be so sweet. I will savor every moment of their fear when they see what happens if they anger me!' "YES!" she shouted, concluding her own trail of thought.

The 'Quest accepted' prompt snapped her back to reality. "Wait, what?" she uttered while the merchant handed her a green vial. 
She turned to Ruler, visibly confused, in the hopes that she paid attention to what the merchant wanted.

Edited by Hisa

Ruler, took the vial in her hand and took a swig of it out right. The antidote affect would be applied to her health bar shortly after finishing it off. Hisa, on the other hand was looking somewhat confused on the matter at hand. Ruler gave her a smile and rested a hand at her hip.

"Very easy quest, all we have to do is eliminate a group of wolves terrorizing people who are trying to leave town for trades. They can inflict some fast acting poison with just a bite and spew venomous fog from their mouths. You should have a potion in your inventory now called antidote. Drink that, and it will keep you safe from the poisonous effects. It is quite weak, but it helps nonetheless." Ruler explained making her way to the door and allowing Hisa to walk out just like the last time.

On their way to the quest area, Ruler would speak up again. "I have the ability to attract targets to me, but I can't get all of them to pay attention to me. If we kill the boss first, the weaker mobs won't be as effective. I'll keep the venomous wolf's attention while you do damage without being pressured by the poison."

'Helpful', and most importantly 'Hasn't called me small'. Two more boxes checked and out the door they went. "So, uh, how did you get started with like, all of this? Did you do like swordfighting or something like that before you were trapped in here?" she asked her party member, seeing that she was wearing full plate and a sword. 

"I kinda just took what I knew how to do in the real world and ran with it. I wonder if other people do the same though. Katoka's choice of using a katana also didn't surprise me, she was always a nerd, but a cute one I'll give her that." Hisa said, paying attention to Ruler's reaction.

During their walk to the city gates, she eyed her up. Blonde hair, same as Katoka, should be her type. Tall, also fits. Hisa had the opportunity to thoroughly investigate and she wasn't going to let it pass her by.

"Katoka is quite the charming lady, yes. Reminds me of a friend of mine. A spunky go-getter, ready to improve herself through her experiences." Ruler mentions keeping her eyes forward. From the moment that the duo leaves the safe zone, Ruler draws her blade and rests the steel on her shoulder. One could never be too careful when venturing out of the safe zone.

"As for my experiences, I do not have any real world experience with sword play, but I have played more virtual reality games than just this one. Not quiet the same as this, since your consciousness was still in your real world body, but still. I have practice form enough now in the game that the system is enough to guide me while I fight. You should be able to do the same with more practice." Ruler mentions, turning the tree that her and Katoka had hid behind just yesterday. Sure enough the wolves were back.

"There they are. I will move in first and draw their attention. Don't worry about me, I will it quick."

'Stoic', well, Katoka can surely break though that facade, so it might still be a good fit for her. Nevertheless, not getting any physical reaction from Ruler frustrated Hisa a little bit. Before she could ask any further questions, the blonde announced that she was about to start the fight. 

This caused Hisa to stop focusing on being a wingman and instead become a fighter. With her eyes on target, she waited for the signal. Slightly hopping from one leg to the other to warm her body up, she got ready. 'This is it, the first fight that might actually be dangerous from what Ruler described' she thought. In preparation she drank the vial as she was instructed by her teammate before she reached into her bag to fill both her hands with sand. 

Ready to throw the coarse material, she got into her battle stance and nodded towards Ruler. "Go ahead, I'm ready, let's do this."

Ruler nodded to her ally with a smile. "Allow me to take the damage for you. Stay behind me and I will keep you safe." Rising to her full height, the blonde readied her massive weapon in her right hand alone. At first glance, it might seem like the weapon was a one-handed sword, though based on the size, there was no way that it would be anything other than a two-hander. Even so, the maiden rushed forward into the group of wolves. Growl escaped her mouth as she brought the heavy blade down over the head of the ring leader. It hopped out of the way just as she made her attack, leaving a crack in the earth at her feet.

The mobs of wolves jumped her, not giving her any time to relax. The main one, and two of the lackey's were deflected to the side and rendered null. The last one jumped past her defense and clawed her arm, leaving a very shallow red mark on her bicep.

image.png

[0, 0, 0, 1]Ruler | HP: 253/260 -(25-18) | EN: 24/26 -(2) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3
[0, 0, 0, 0]Hisa | 

Wolf 1: 40/40 | DMG: 25
Wolf 2: 40/40 | DMG: 25
Wolf 3: 40/40 | DMG: 25
Venom Snapper: 150/150 | DMG: 35/50 | EVA: 1

After watching Ruler having started the encounter, Hisa yelled "Cover your eyes for and spread your legs!" before she sprinted towards the enemies. As she got close to the blonde, she gave herself one last push before beginning to slide between rulers feet.

As her glowing feet-wraps emerged from underneath her party members skirt, Hisa got tucked them in, as to not accidentally just slide into the beast. Her vision still covered by the courtain that was rulers armor, she got ready to hit whatever was in front of her when she emerged with sand. 

As her face exited the cloth, she found herself in front of the boss and she immediately threw the coarse material into the air and the venomous creatures eyes before turning onto her belly and grabbing Rulers knees. "I didn't look!" Using the blonde's legs as leverage, she donkey-kicked the alpha wolf in the face "I swear!" before the recoil of the impact sent her sliding right back underneath ruler and out the other side of her skirt.

Ruler | HP: 253/260 -(25-18) | EN: 24/26 -(2) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3
Hisa | HP 180/180 | EN: 14/18 (-4) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3

Wolf 1: 40/40 | DMG: 25
Wolf 2: 40/40 | DMG: 25
Wolf 3: 40/40 | DMG: 25
Venom Snapper: 118/150 | DMG: 35/50 | EVA: 1

Spoiler

venom_snapper_1.jpg.254a61cd4be0aa2e8f5a3c9aa59b013e.jpg

EN: 18-4=14

BD: 4 +3 (Blindind Sand) -1 (Venom Snapper EVA) = 6 -> Hit

DMG: [1 (Base) + 3 (Resonance) + 4 (Martial Arts Rank 2)] * 4 (Delayed Sword) = 32 Dmg

Venom Snapper:  150 - 32 = 118

Edited by Hisa

"Do what now-?" Ruler was cut off as she turned to see what her ally was up to. She caught a short glimpse of her sliding on the ground heading through the gap between her legs. Ruler planted her feet firm so that her skirt would not trip her up. Suddenly, sand was flying through the battlfield. Alicia was quick to act. Instead of covering her eyes like instructed, she whipped her blade in a quick arc before her blasting all of the sand into the faces of the enemies instead of into her and Hisa. Her swipe tore through the lines of her enemies.

"I didn't look!" Her damage partner insisted, not that she wasn't wearing short underneath such a short skirt anyway.

"It is fine! Do not let your guard wane, however." Ruler said as Hisa made her dynamic exit back through her legs and the wolves descended upon her.

image.png

[4, 2, 2, 2] Ruler | HP: 238/260 -(51-36) | EN: 25/26 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3
[1, 0, 0, 0] Hisa | HP 180/180 | EN: 14/18 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3

Wolf 1: 24/40 -(8*2) | DMG: 25
Wolf 2: 24/40 -(8*2) | DMG: 25
Wolf 3: 24/40 -(8*2) | DMG: 25
Venom Snapper: 98/150 -(10*2) | DMG: 35/50 | EVA: 1

"I like your style. Blasting the sand into the enemies instead of covering your eyes, impressive move! Ready for the next one?" she chuckled before reaching into her bag, grabbing more sand. This was supposed to be serious but Hisa just had too much fun comboing with her friend. 

But that blade of hers, the redhead had to be careful not to accidentally cut herself during one of her moves. And she definitely didn't want to be in the way of one of Ruler's sword arts, as she just witnessed how devastating they could be.

"Alright, here I come!" she announced before sprinting forwards again. She ran up to Ruler's right side, as she wielded the blade with her left hand. "Swing me around!" she yelled before grabbing onto the blonde's right hand after the threw the sand at the pack, using the momentum to be swung in an ark in front of her to deliver a crushing kick to the beast temple with her glowing feet wraps. 

Having completed the half-circle, arriving at her party members left side, and successfully indenting the Venom Snapper's skull, she hid behind the knight again, reading another blast of sand.

[4, 2, 2, 2] Ruler | HP: 238/260 -(51-36) | EN: 25/26 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3
[3, 0, 0, 0] Hisa | HP 180/180 | EN: 11/18 (-4 | +1)| DMG: 8 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3

Wolf 1: 24/40 -(8*2) | DMG: 25
Wolf 2: 24/40 -(8*2) | DMG: 25
Wolf 3: 24/40 -(8*2) | DMG: 25
Venom Snapper: 62/150 -(9*4) | DMG: 35/50 | EVA: 1

venom_snapper_2.jpg

Edited by Hisa

Ruler nodded to the smaller girl and gripped her palm against the others. With a spin, she tossed Hisa into the boss monster as hard as she could, following right behind her trajectory. She was fast for someone in heels. "Jump off my shoulder!" She yells out behind her her duo as she follows. The moment Hisa comes in contact with the wolf, Alicia positions herself to let the girl vault off her shoulder with her foot to get away from damage.

The snapper tries to bite off Hisa's leg, but thanks to Ruler's quick sword arm, she dives on the creature and pins it into the ground with her sword leaving it there. "Quick, finish it off while its down!" Alicia calls out, wrestling the other three wolves with her bare hands. Although she was taking scratches and bites gallor, her health bar never seemed to wane. She was still above 80%.

image.png

[6, 2, 2, 2] Ruler | HP: 222/260 -(52-36) | EN: 7/26 -(9) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3
[2, 0, 0, 0] Hisa | HP 180/180 | EN: 10/18 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3

Wolf 1: 28/40 | DMG: 25
Wolf 2: 28/40 | DMG: 25
Wolf 3: 28/40 | DMG: 25
Venom Snapper: 14/150 -(8*6) | DMG: 35/50 | EVA: 1 | [STUN]

"Rule number two, double tap!" Hisa announced before she vaulted off of Ruler's shoulder into a front flip that ended in an axe kick to finish the Venom Snapper off. 

"Hell yeah!" she exclaimed as the creature exploded into hundreds of tiny shining shards. "Don't worry," the redhead smugly remarked "I have more than enough sand left for the rest of you." With an evil grin she announced "Ruler, duck!" before she threw the sand in an arc, following it up with a  spinning kick that barely went over her teammembers crown as her form lowered, but hit all the remaining ads in the face. The force knocked them over before they began to glow, exploding into tiny shards seconds later.

'Pretty cool', 'Great to combo with', two more boxes ticked. She could see why Katoka was pursuing this female, Hisa just wished that her real-life friend could come out of her shell a little more sometimes. She might have to push the two together, but she'd need more time to come up with a believable 'coincidental meeting'.

[6, 2, 2, 2] Ruler | HP: 222/260 -(52-36) | EN: 7/26 -(9) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 18 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3
[3, 1, 1, 1] Hisa | HP 180/180 | EN: 1/18 (+1  | -11) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 0 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3

Wolf 1: 0/40 (-8*3) | DMG: 25
Wolf 2: 0/40 (-8*3)| DMG: 25
Wolf 3: 0/40 -(8*3)| DMG: 25

Venom Snapper: 0/150 -(8*3) | DMG: 35/50 | EVA: 1 |   crescent_aoe1.jpg.95135facd3cb0d54ad69d445a0045a16.jpg[STUN]

Edited by Hisa

The maiden threw the wolves to the ground the moment Hisa finished off the the snapper. She would be clear to throw the sand into their faces like that. Leaving them be so that her partner could rush in and get her damage in, Ruler ran and slid to grab her own sword, still lodged into the ground where the snapper had died and dissipated back into the cardinal.

Once Hisa's attacks came through, the wolves fell over dead without much of a problem. She hadn't even been gauging their health very well since the fight got hectic. Making a mental note to insure that doesn't happen again, she let out a sigh of relief and returned her blade to it's scabbard. "Phew! That was a quite the work out! You are an excellent fighter! Katoka has some really good friends." The golden blonde gave her ally a big smile followed by a thumbs up.

"Right back at ya." she replied. "Katoka told me about your abilites but seeing them first hand, it really is something else. Now, it's time to head back I think." She patted the grass and dirt off of herself, helped her kneeling friend up and started to walk back to the city gates. 

"That was a tough fight, I was almost out of energy, but I had a single point left in the end." she chuckled "I really have a hard time holding myself back, I'm just so used to playing very bursty characters in other games. Also my personality probably doesn't help.
Also I sometimes talk too much. Sooooo, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself now that we have some time before we get back to the city and hand in the quest.
"

Hisa paid attention to evey reply, trying to figure out any more information to figure out how to push Katoka in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ruler rose to her feet, standing tall against her shorter companion. The girl gave her a smile and returned her claymore to the sheath on her back. "I ran completely out of energy there at the end. That was one of the most draining battles that I've had to date. It was definitely fun." Ruler lead the way back to the city gate, taking the lead over her companion to make sure nothing ambushed them on their way there.

"You did amazing." Ruler complimented in response. She was never one to fault people for their flaws. She was human as well, everyone made mistakes. "Keep doing what you are doing and you'll be great at the game."

Then she asked about Ruler herself. Odd to be questioning so generically, but she could see why she wanted to know more about her. "I have experience in these games enough to know how they work in general. Me and some friends really liked playing MMOs together so that's how I got interested in this game in particular. I know the release was something close to Japan exclusive, but I paid a lot of money to get one in the States. Not really sure what else I should say about myself."

"I'm really glad you managed to get in and the auto-translate they put in place really works great. I would've never expected you to be from america." The redhead remarked. 

Confidence rushed through her body as this was the first boss she helped fight, her excitement for the upcoming challenges was made visible by an ear to ear smile. She had proven to herself that she was no longer deadweight but could hold herself in a fight, even a tough one. The important thing to focus from now on was to control her temper. While bursts offered great satisfaction, the drawbacks could be very deadly in this game.

"Same! Besides RTS and 4Xs, MMOs are my favorite games, that's why I got interested in this game." Never one to miss out on a joke, she added "I gotta say, the immersion is great, I could've done without the dying part tho."

"As much as I have been annoyed with the fact that this game is now literally my life, the world is absolutely gorgeous. I think I would have spent years playing this game in my free time if not for the death aspect." She replied, continuing towards the city gate and keeping an eye out for any monster ambushes.

Once they made it back, she handed the vial of venom over to the other girl and opened the door to the tavern. "Here, you can turn in the quest. I already did it with Katoka, so I have no reason to talk with the NPC again. You can keep the drop, obviously. I done need anything like it and it will be much more helpful to you than I. I will wait out here for you to come back with it then perhaps we can meet up with Katoka and do a quest a group. That would be fun."

"Alright then, I'll go in and talk to the merchant, hopefully he can actually pay us". With a chuckle, Hisa entered the tavern, After a brief look around she spotted the merchant that sent them on this quest and approached him. 

"Hello sir, I'd like to report that we have taken care of your problem, your trade routes are going to be safe from now on."
"That's great news! Thank you very much little girl."

She looked at him for a brief second, hiding her anger, and, when a waitress walked by with a jug of water, faked tripping. Mid fall, she grabbed the plate the pitcher was on, sending it and its contents flying towards the quest npc, soaking him in water. 

"Oh no! I'm terribly sorry! I'm so clumsy at times." she bowed while hiding a smile.

"Don't worry about it" wiping the water off of his face "You've done me a great service today. Concerning your reward, have this.
The merchant reached into his pockets and handed Hisa some money and shiny materials.

"Thank you very much!" the redhead replied "Have a nice day!" before turning around and leaving to meet Ruler outside to hand her her share. 

"Hey Ruler, I got our rewards!"

Thread Complete

Rewards:

Hisa: SP - 1 (Quest Complete), 1 (Page), 1 (Bonus) = 3 | 500 Col | 4 T1 Material

Ruler: SP - 1 (Quest Complete), 1 (Page), 1 (Bonus) = 3 | 500 Col | 4 T1 Material

Edited by Hisa