[F3-PP] Peddled Garbage (Worn out Welcome) Yui's Grace #1

Hearing whispers through the common rabble of floor 1's town of beginnings of an NPC driven quest that offered a piece of gear, it piques Simmone's interest. She had little to go on in regards to what it was all that she could gain was that the quest itself was native to floor 3. This would take her to the warp gate in the center of town, transcribing a message and sending it to some of the others including her own apprentice, she'd like to get a closer look. With it sent with a scrawling of her long ivory fingers, she quickly changes into a more travel oriented attire before the gate whisks her away from the bustling beginner town. She'd see it with her own eyes, what this quest had to offer unannounced to her that it was garbage that the guild smith could easily reproduce at his forge.

Simmone consumes Yui's Grace #1 [1/2]

Simmone | HP:540/540 | EN:54/54 | DMG:1 | BLD:12 | LD:6

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Lotus
Level: 27
HP: 540/540
EN: 54/54

Stats:
Damage: 1
BLD:12
LD:6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ornate Quicksilver Rapier [T1/Rare/Rapier] (Bleed 1 [9-10{12 Dmg over 2}], 1 Keen)
Armor: Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Misc: Familiar Lure [T1/Rare/Trinket] (Expertise: Search)

Skills:
Searching [Rank 2]
Picking [Obtained]
Energize [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Assistant

Mods:
Hyperactive
Dismantling

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Sam sits on a chair in her empty kitchen with her black book open on the counter. A pen in hand as she scribbles little things of note on a sheet of paper. Spending most of the day, blank paper after blank paper, filling them with her own words, and calculated numbers. Recently she discovered her damage went up due to the weapon and her familiar and she wanted to know what she could handle now given the sudden boost. A chime of her HUD brings her eyes from the writing. "A quest on floor 3 huh..." she says as she opens her head to read the message more in-depth now. Sam sighs as she decides that maybe giving her eyes a break wasn't such a bad idea. "Hey curbs, we are heading out. Let's go," she says as she closes her HUD and sets the pen down. Closing the booklet she stuffs it in her inner robe pocket and looks through her inventory to make sure she had the new battle-axe that Griswold made her. Heading through her halls and out the door, Curbie scrambles through the door before it shuts. 

Heading to the nearest waps gate she heads to floor 3 with Curbie at her feet. Arriving she finds Simmone and her feline Felix as she walks toward them saying "So what have you found out about this quest you found."

Sam | HP:560/560 | EN:56/56 | DMG:15 | ACC:3 | LD:6

Spoiler

Sam The Red Rose
Level: 28
HP: 560/560
EN: 56/56

Stats:
Damage: 15
Accuracy: 3
LD:6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Serrated Guillotine - Bloodlust {T2}: Bleed 1, Damage 2
Armor: Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3
Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind +3 LD

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3
Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing

Edited by Sam

Enjoying a wide spread of food he had test cooked using the mushrooms he had found on floor 6 from the day before this one, Gaius was damn near through it all and taking swigs of a white mug of coffee. A ring causes him to pause as he swallows the last couple pieces of the rib eye steak that was topped with it. "The hell is it now?" Gaius barked with it crammed into his cheek. He had not expected such a thing so early in the morning, but he was lacking in things to do as well. Typing to those in the recipient line as well as Simmone: "Yeah gimme a minute to finish my breakfast." and with a tap of the blue circle it was off. Drinking deep with no haste in his consumption, he'd enjoy his meal before he'd head down to meet them for this quest.

Gaius | HP:480/480 | EN:48/48 | DMG:11 | H.M.:2 | Miti: 9

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 24
HP: 480/480
EN: 48/48

Stats:
Damage: 11
Mitigation: 9
H.M.:2
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Ascent [2HAS] (T1/Perfect) [Damage 3]
Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3

Battle Ready Inventory:
Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Stoking the flames of his elemental with a few hunks of slag from his insistent crafting endeavors, the guild smith was just about to start working when the notification came in. He paused for a moment and thought about it before he struggled to get the HUD open. "God damned...ah..." he shouts but manages it open much quicker than his usual. It described a quest on floor 3, and he squints a bit. Weighing his plans for the day, he'd hardly need all of it to make what was required to be forged. He fat fingers together a barely readable amalgam of letters back to Simmone "Yeah count me in." The forge master traverses his shop and gathers his next mark of gear, newly forged with new tricks and higher quality materials. He was subtly excited to see what they would do, as the flame elemental at his side would as well.

Griswold | HP:520/520 | EN:52/52 | DMG:8 | MIT:78 | ACC:3 | THRNS:36 | REC:1

Spoiler

Griswold, Fist of Anvil
Level: 26
HP: 520/520
EN: 52/52

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 78
Accuracy: 3
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Horadric Malus - Ingenuity [Tierless/Perfect/Warhammer] Accuracy 3
Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T2/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+54 Mitigation])
Misc: Titanic Wall - Foundation [T2/Perfect/Shield] Thorns 2 (36), REC 1

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter R3

Mods:
Mark
Shield Bash

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Plated Foundation - Impact[T1/Perfect/Shield] (Thorns 2 {18}, Paralyze 1 {9-10})

Housing Buffs:
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)

Guild Hall Buffs:

Simmone looks on to Sam being the first to arrive, as a couple more messages flood in to her menu. "Not much my dear, just that its on a lower floor and offers gear produced by the NPC there. The idea is maybe it will be worth something if it's interesting enough." she remarks to the raven haired female that was her apprentice. She does take note of her speed, it was as if the girl was eager for some reason or another. Simmone subtly wondered why she was ready to go, as the others were hardly as quick. To her side Curbie and Felix reunite and offer almost salutes, it seemed the comrades become instantly aware of each other. Simmone shakes her head in memory of the shenanigans they had gotten themselves into prior. Between them and Gaius, this would surely be an interesting day if they survived the affair.

"Hmm, Let me see what this black book Raidou gave me has to off then shall we." Taking the leather-covered book that fits in the palm of her had she flips through the pages. "Ah, here it is...Of course, Raidou would have done it already. It looks like an Elf with low stats. This should be easy enough to take down." Looking to the duo trouble makers she shakes her head as well. Closing her notes and places it back in the inner pocket of her robe. Hoping that the two were not going to be as much trouble as last time she says making conversation for there were obviously others going to eventually show up, but taking there sweet time "I got a new weapon and I want to try it out. I was hoping that this thing that we are going to face will live long enough to do so but given my stats versus its...I am not sure that it will." Felix hopes onto Curbie as he starts to wonder out. Sam shakes her head again as she knew now this was going to be exactly like the last time they were together.

A clatter of plateware and silverware signified the dragoon had finished his meal as he topped off the last of his morning coffee. Dropping them all into his kitchen's washbasin and adding some water from the tap, he'd deal with them later. Then upstairs he claims his armor from a pile upon the floor, his glaive the same. This beckons him to leave with a twirl of his polearm as his armor was donned. A golden key in the tumbler the shop was locked, Gaius traverses through the golden field of wheat and into the primary settlement. A flash of blue bends fabric until he ends up on floor 3 in Delilah. The city of flowers and fu fu, he kind of despised how happy this place always seemed, but it was where the quest was located. It was not hard to spot Simmone and Sam being so close in proximity to the gate having just seeming to arrive themselves.

Through the floor's fires as he shifts the large oval stone that blocked entry to his shop from the rest of the volcanic environment. Vulcan seemed still drowsy with a low pitched growl like a yawn that whistles a bit a the end. "Come boy, we have no time, keep pace." Griswold barks to the beast as he traverses through the rather barren city of the floor. Stepping up to the pad he could swear he could see it buckle a bit under his stature. A flash of blue light takes him to the others, the clear change in lighting instantly apparent as the heat vanishing makes the air feel cool even through his armor. Griswold bumps into Gaius as he lands, looking at the man through his helmet with some size on him. "Nice to see you boy, hows that glaive treating you. Need an upgrade yet?" he joked, having already finished the replacement.

The boys had arrived, she had noticed due to the sounds of the gate activating one right after another causing her to look toward it. "Griswold, how have you been dear?" she comments to the huge smith that was quite the crafter that had offered her shop, numerous patrons. She then looks toward the dragoon "Gaius." offering simply an acknowledgment of his presence. They were still a bit estranged after what they had gone through with Shiina, he'd been a bit of an ass. Simmone then looks to Sam as she reads from the page, through a book that she had gotten from somewhere but she could not place where she'd seen it before. "An elf? one? this should be easy then." Simmone remarked to the jingle of a bell as a myriad of obtuse shaped pets began to conjoin and sniff one another having just met for the first time.

"Yes just one..." she comments as the others that she expected they were waiting for showed up. She has come a long way since she last saw the two guys and she was hoping to make a better impression on then like. Hopefully, it would turn out better than impressing Setsuna which was a hard nut to crack. Curbie comes back with Felix on his back seeing new creatures that he had yet to meet. Curbie opened his mouth and flung Felix off him forgetting for a brief moment that he was there. Sam looks around realizing that this was an odd bunch of characters around. A large fire dog-like creature, a tiny bear, a small cat, and a chest with large eyes. Seeing all of them huddle together now Sam can't help but laugh. "Well let's get to this murder fest shall we," as she still has a slight laugh in her voice, starting to walk through town asking Simmone to sent a quest invite as Sam sents a party invite to everyone. 

Gaius having just literally bumped into Griswold, he'd scratch the back of his head. "Yeah, it's been doing the trick. Quite a piece of gear old man, haven't had to sharpen it or anything." The dragoon does his best impression of a compliment, though it may not come off as such. The truth is the polearm had been more than useful in all affairs lately, hell even collecting apples seemed easier given its length. For this, he owed Griswold quite a bit of praise, which was hard for him to convey. Feeling a bit off about offering this to the smith, he turns to see this weird pile of animals and objects? forming up. "A box?" Gaius comments looking to the little mimic and remembering the trap that shot him in secret medicine some while back. The cat he got, but the weird toaster and the moving crate he did not.

Griswold chuckles and slaps Gaius's back causing the guy to shift, knowing how hard it must have been for the dragoon to admit. "Good, and when your ready I have a new one for you. I've heard that you've been getting better. So something a bit heavier and with more reach maybe right up your alley." Stepping down from the pedestal that had brought them both here, Griswold spots Sam wielding her own new toy. "Got my steel do you? I am eager to see what it can do. Remember to lean into the head, that pommel will knock you over." the smith remarks about the axe he had forged that she was now carrying. It was enjoyable for a craftsman to see his work serving people well, and Griswold was no different on this front. He took pride in his craft, and seeing them in action made it all that much sweeter.

Edited by Griswold

Placing her hands together, Simmone moves into the bunch. Curbie and Boris she was familiar with but the other owned pet she was not. Running a long white fingertip upon the flame elemental which seems to stir as she does, it was warm like a heating blanket. "Peculiar still, such an interesting creature. Found it on floor 9 did you?" she took a stab in the dark, knowing full well Griswold frequented the floor for it was where his shop was placed. Sam offered a call to action, and Simmone turns and offers a nod. "I suppose we can leave it for another time, we have a single solo elf to slay. I imagine between the four of us this will be hardly an issue." the black cat remarks as she overturns an open hand, letting Sam take the helm and use that book of hers to lead the way.

"Not just any old box, I fished him up on floor 10. While I was training him, he seemed to be buffing my damage a bit. Not sure by how much but between Curbie and Griswold's new weapon my stats got huge." She opens her menu to and takes her new weapon out hearing what the big guy said and thinks it can't be that heavy can it. Taking in out as it appears in her hand with an "OH GEEZE" as the head of the axe falls to the ground. "What is this thing made of? It's super heavy from the other I had." Trying to lift it she manages to get it about halfway up before it drops again. "This is going to take some time to get used to. It is a beautiful design though. I like the touch of red against the edge. Now, let's see if I can..." she starts to say as she began walking in the direction of the marker that the quest provided for them. She was dragging the heavy weapon behind her trying to lift it and keep it raised for more than a few seconds.

Gaius could not help but eye the box over and over as he kept up with Sam while she struggled with her weapon. The last time he had been close to a mimic it bit him, and he was reluctant to avert his eyes from this one for fear of the same. There was little of note on the trek, bringing them to the NPC who were waiting for their arrival as many before them. Gaius folds his arms across his chest and leans against the threshold upon white walls that transpose the exterior. "You all deal with this, I hate NPC's. It's like talking to a toaster." the dragoon dismisses the possibility himself dealing with Griswold and Anna. Looking off into the blue lit sky, a gentle breeze offers him a serene moment of disconnect as he would wait idle for one of the other members of the party to handle the conversation.

Edited by Gaius

Griswold cannot help but chuckle at the fact that Sam had taken to dragging her axe, the weight must have been new to her. "Aye, it's heftier stuff but packs a punch. You'll get used to it lass, I have faith." He continues to smile as the raven haired girl keeps pace despite the newfound weapon dragging her down as she ogles it's make. It brought a tinge of pride to his tongue having someone appreciate his craftsmanship. The abode when they arrived was rather plain, something ill suited to a good blacksmith. It brought Griswold to the sense that he should wait outside, the last time he dealt with an NPC smith they boasted quality, then produced trash. The forge master would find it difficult to hold his tongue, so by holding his feet he could assure that things progressed without a hitch. Finding a rounded stone nearby that would be solid enough to support his frame, Griswold perches precariously upon it.

The black cat continued to sway to the sounds of a ringing bell at her side, little Felix having no issue keeping pace with those larger than he. She kept to Sam's side, pleased that her assistant was getting along with the guild's smith. He was more than an adequate chain in the storefront, providing the odyssey with wares and as such them being on good terms was ideal. Still a high risen star upon the sky showed they had a good portion of light left to operate, perhaps if this ordeal was handled quickly they could spin into another and make the most of every second. "Let's see what you can do Sam, get me that piece of armor if you would." she asked of her apprentice to test the silver in her tongue, another item of import for a merchant to possess. Taking a look into the canopy with a stance near Griswold, she eyed the horizon while her assistant would handle the linguistics. 

Sam watches as everyone stands next to the doorway of the blacksmith shop. With a few words are given from Simmone, Sam simply nods. Walking into the shop she says "I am here for that piece of armor that you provide. What is required for such an item?" After a moment the hammering stops as she female walks from around the corner. Sam can hear the steaming of hot turn to cooling as the mist from the heated source comes from around the corner with the female. "The only thing we require is for you to fetch the material for what you order. As such...What shall we make you on this fine day Lad?" Sam smiles and says "Long, black, light to the weight, silk robe of sorts. Inside layered with a warm material and the outside black silked material. Do you think you can handle such an item Miss?" Anna giggles and as she says "I think that we can manage the craft. The materials we require are produced by a dark elf outside these walls. Get his loot for us and we will give you what you desire." Sam nods a walks out of the shop with a grin to Simmone.

Walking past the others she says "I'll be right back, this shouldn't take long at all." Taking her Heavy Battle Axe out again it drags on the ground behind her as she makes her way into the forest. Looking all around she was not able to see it at first. A huge screech from behind her causing Sam to quickly twirl her weapon toward the noise. It that brief moment she saw the Dark looking elf creature that she was looking for before her axe makes contact to the body. The pure weight of the weapon cuts the small thing in half with a burst of data shortly after. A small bag of items she was sure was what she was asked to gather drops to the ground. "Welp..." Sam says as she puts her weapon away and picks up the bag and heads back to the blacksmith shop. 

With a smile painted on her face, she walks past her party through the entrance and sets the bag on the countertop. With a nod and a paid back smile from the owner Anna she walks around the corner with the bag and starts working on the order that was placed. It takes a bit of time before Anna walks back from around the corner with the long black, silk coat. "Thank you much." Sam walks to Simmone with the item provided. "For a low-quality item, it looks pretty nice. What do you think."

ID# 165767 results: Battle: 5+3=8 Hit! vs Dark Elf, Dealing 15 Damage, Killing it!

Players:
Sam | HP:560/560 | EN:55/56 | DMG:15 | ACC:3 | LD:6

Enemy:
Dark Elf | 
HP:-3/12 | DMG:9

Sam Obtains:
Long Black Silk Coat (Uncommon): Light Armor (+1 Evasion)

Edited by Sam

Before Gaius could even respond Sam had made short work of the Dark Elf, which suited him fine. He'd look to the other members of the party "Well it's been a fun waste of time, hope you enjoy your garbage." the dragoon looks down to the chest, scoops up his familiar and proceeds away. Something more interesting than whatever they had planned next was in order, and he'd make a pitstop to grab a meal that would sate him over until supper. "Later." he offers with a raised hand as those who would look on would be staring at his back. Perhaps something with those new mushrooms from floor 6 was in order, he'd yet to cook something up with them yet and was eager to see if they can be cured of the poison they did to his stomach. With a rub of Boris's belly while cradling him he hops to the warp pad and a flash of light removes him from floor 3.

Watching as Sam does her thing, dealing with not only the NPC but the hostile mob shortly after. A bit of pride she was glad to call the girl her apprentice, and with an eye of the produced piece of gear "It's trash. What a waste." Simmone comments in regards to it, as Gaius treks off to his own devices. She then opens her HUD and sends a message to little Shiina, knowing that the little one was hardly that busy and they could use a fourth. "So I was going to try something in Tartarus, a promise of large sums of coin and to end the tyranny of a screeching banshee. Who's up for it?" the black cat quarries the group that remained, looking for any objections and to her surprise there was none. As one solid pack they make for the warp gate and ascend to floor 10 to start the next leg of their journey for the day.

Quest Complete:

Simmone:
5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward, 1 Grace)
400*Col (Thread Closure)

Sam:
4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)
Leather Coat (T1/Light Armor/Uncommon) +1 Evasion

Gaius:

Griswold: