[F22-PP] Teaching the Unteachable (Training your Friend) - Yui's Grace #2

Kasumi was looking at the newly attained 'thing' clung around her wrist she had taken to naming Ouroboros. She recalled a couple of others in the guild had something similar and she had heard they offered some strength once trained. She was unconvinced that the tiny serpent could do anything of the sort in her case, lifting her arm toward her hair before she lept into one of the pink trees that graced the tranquil valley that was owned by floor 22. She wished for a moment to clear her head on her own, absent from the troubles of the world for some time. She thought about it and maybe trying to do that simple albeit probably impossible thing it may just distract her from her worries. Once she was in the tree, she presses her back against the main body of it and pulls the serpent from her hair which wiggles before she releases it into the air.

Kasumi Consumes Yui's Grace #2 [2/2]

Kasumi | HP:600/600 | EN:60/60 | DMG:13 | MIT:8 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BLD:12

Spoiler

Kasumi, The Blossom
Level: 30
HP: 600/600
EN: 60/60

Stats:
Damage: 13
Mitigation: 8
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BLD:12

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Mugen's Lineage - Growth [T2/Perfect] Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Mugen Tenshin Decree [T1/Perfect] (3 Accuracy)
Misc: White Red-trimmed Gee [T1/Perfect] (3 Evasion)

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Kasumi

Wandering the halls of the guild in low candlelight, eager to show anyone she could find her new pet Sprinkle. To her dismay, there was no one around to show him off. "Drat, I remember you dudes have special powers." She comments holding a fist full of red weasel, waving him around a bit before she'd continue "So Sprinkle, what do you do?" she'd ask of it as it was trying to chew a hole in her hands. She casts first aid again on herself, wiggling the weasel until he becomes limp and mellows out. Defeated. She looks around the guild hall for a clear place to figure out what secret abilities her weasel might just contain, much to the detriment to Sprinkle he was in for a ride. The girl would hardly give up until he had proven his worth, which would come even if the weasel liked it or not.

Shiina | HP:560/560 | EN:56/56 | DMG:1 | MIT:27 | MENDING:1 | REC:2 | LD:3

Spoiler

Shiina, The Resonant Valkyre
Level: 28
HP: 560/560
EN: 56/56

Stats:
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 27
MENDING:1
REC:2
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Wings of the Valkyrie - Origin [Heavy Armor] (T1/Perfect) +27 Miti
Armor: Ancient Larissa Leaf Necklace [T2/Perfect/Trinket] Life Mending 1, Recovery 2
Misc: Sapphire Hair Clips [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 LD

Skills:
First Aid [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Sharpness
Field Medic

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*3
Hypnosis 2 (T1/Rare)*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

The small black snake whisks through the air in front of her, seemingly unfazed by gravity as it shifts softly like a string on the breeze. Cherry blossom petals flow slowly on the same breeze around the tree, painting a rather beautiful portrait for them both to enjoy. Kasumi opens her inventory and pulls out another bit of the reddened fruit that she had used to draw its attention before, placing it upon the branch as it digs into it rather aggressively. The same sucking noise before a crunching sound, she wondered if perhaps Ouroboros was pumping venom into it. Kasumi also could not help but notice his fondness for the fruit in particular, as she'd try to offer him others but the rather sporadic response only came from strawberry alone. The blossom could not blame the creature for they were her favorite as well, which was why she carried so many. 

Outside the guild hall which was also empty, she finds a clear patch within the walls that surrounded it. She sits on her butt in the dirt with a heavy thud and plops the weasel down in front of where she was and looks down over him like a lord. "Now Sprinkle, do magic!~" she comments as it looks to her curiously, offering jazz hands while repeating "Magic~" it scratches earnestly at one of its ears with a front leg. "Magic?" the next sounded like a question, she leaned in closer and poked it causing it to spit and spaz out for a moment. "Are you broken?" Shiina remarks unsure where to proceed, as it looked like an ordinary furball. Where did the magic happen? Maybe he was a flame weasel, like Griswolds rock thing. Maybe he was like a metal detector or somethin' Shiina gets lost in conjecture while staring down at the weasel with a grin that could scare the most hearty of men.

As it was chewing on strawberry she could not help but question its existence. "Hey uh, Ouroboros?" it seemed to pause for a moment and pivot toward her, a hunk of the fruit stuck in its tiny maw. "Do you have any secret power or uh?" Kasumi thought hard on how to put it, she felt silly asking these kinds of things to such a tiny thing that although mystical was no bear or flame creature. It flickers red for a moment as she asks, quickly fading fast enough that she would think that she imagined it. "What?" she comments as the small serpent looks back to the red fruit for another bite. What was that? she was sure she saw what she had, watching the tiny black noodle for a repeat occurrence. It was as if it had understood her in some regard enough to do whatever he just had.

ID# 165519 results: Craft: 11, Success [1/3]

Edited by Kasumi

Sprinkle seemed uninterested in what the girl was trying to convey to it, causing her to get a bit flustered. She scoops him up and wiggles him, hoping to jog whatever latent ability it may be housing into showing up. It squeals a bit and becomes a frenzied ball of flailing appendages, chewing heavily on her plate armor in resistance. "Sprinkle, you gotta focus m'kay. I need to...to light on fire or something." she pleaded of the small red thing who wanted no part of her game. Holding him tightly in her hands like a very angry sausage, her face twists a bit as she eyeballs a random direction and asks "What do you think I should do? got any answers Jack?" but it appears as the girl gets no response like the one she was seeking. "Well dang, I thought you'd know..." her eyes shift back to the small varmint in her clutches.

ID# 165520 results: Craft: 3

Edited by Shiina

It seemed unfazed but what it had just done, enjoying the much larger fruit intently without pause. Kasumi uses her hand to wrap a bit of her moving hair around her ear. "Thank you for showing me." the blossom offers the small bit of living string, as it continues to consume the food. The girl would ask it again but would choose to stagger her inquiry for fear of building to much pressure on him, he was such a small thing and it could very well be taxing for him to flare up as he had. She got stuck a bit on what it would mean for the future, but she had little in the way of the experience of these things and unsure how to process what it may be capable of. It remained for her discover once it was unlocked and she could check her stats and how it had changed.

• 5 months later...

Her eyes scatter from the odd stare she was taking in a seemingly random direction, finding no answers in it as she'd hoped. Shiina eyeballs the tiny beast wiggling before her, unsure what his magic could be. She then grabs sprinkles and begins to lift him up by his tiny arms, causing him to spit and hiss in anger. "I'm sorry little jerk, I need to see your belly!" Shiina extrudes to the wild little red rat, who was not having anything she was saying to heart. Wiggling it in her clutches does nothing to calm it down, doing her best to contain the angry little sausage. To her back some guild members to which she does not take note of wander past. Surely horrified by the exchange they do not pipe in. The songstress was having absolutely no luck to discern what Sprinkles was capable of, which given how the girl was on research it should be no surprise to anyone.

The sucking noise from the familiar continues as it feeds on the color within each piece of fruit she offers it, trying to buy its attention and temperament with these small offerings. Her mind digresses to what this thing could possibly offer her like the other pets could and did. A ring of her long hair around her ear, keeping it out of her face as she eyed it carefully for any change. The thing seemed rather uninterested in her approach, which was a small blessing. It was much better than the latter, it better complacent than fearful. Kasumi couldn't blame it given how much she towered over it for being frightened of her. "You wanna try again?" Kasumi asked of it causing it to pause and eye her for a moment, tiny beady yellow eyes on an ink-black rope. It releases the strawberry and looks up at her with a tiny face akin to the size of a needle.

Sprinkles was having none of what Shiina was trying to do, just a little torrent of anger and claws as it scratched helplessly at the air. "Come on dude, focus a little." Shiina exclaimed wiggling and shaking the thing, trying to rattle some loose marble into place and get it to pay attention. It was clear that the familiar wanted nothing less than to listen. Holding him tight in her left hand, she rubs her forehead and begins to think. "What do I got to do to get you to do the thing?" Shiina asks the small blender of saliva and sugar. It clicks and pauses for only a second before beginning to freak out again, clearly, that was not it. Shiina was not a teacher, barely owned enough focus to concentrate on anything herself. In some way, the familiar reflected her perfectly, albeit a lot less angry but the crazy. That was undeniable.

Edited by Shiina

She faintly recalled some of Raidou's literature, one describing alchemy with a picture on the front of it. "Ouroboros." Kasumi remarks causing the thing to twist. "That's what you remind me of. It was on the tip of my tongue." It slithers through the air held aloft like a kite, moving closer to the girl seeming to have a change in interests. The fruit now no longer constricted falls from the tree, like a lump of grey mush it pops as it hits the ground. The tiny serpent glows for a moment as if it accepted the bestowed name the player had given it. One more step in the right direction, meanwhile Shiina was almost punching her familiar at this point. The writer found it fitting that Kasumi's gentle approach was much more effective at teaching the thing instead of waving the thing around like a baton. Kasumi was making progress, Shiina was not.

ID# 181822 results: Craft: 12, Success [2/3]

Edited by Kasumi

The creature begins to aim for her hand, noticing that she held it with only one. A few careful prying paws free it from the girl's clutches, and without warning, it darts off in an instant. "Sprinkles! You butt!" Shiina yelps hopping to her feet with a wabble. "Get back here, we got to teach you some learning!" The songstress spouts her nonsense as it breaches the barrier of the guildhall rushing off toward the main birth of the floor. Into a field of trees with pretty flowers clutched to them, a single raisin falls from a tree causing the red weasel to rush to its point and huff the floor where it was. He was looking for real food, something that wasn't candy or a cake. It fuzzes up rather abruptly as Shiina gets closer, trying to defend the point and itself from his reluctant master. "What are you doin'?"

ID# 181823 results: Craft: 1, Nope (Lol Shiina being good at training?)

Edited by Shiina

It seems to enjoy the name, and Kasumi couldn't be happier to provide it to the tiny fluttering black snake. A glance down she notices Shiina, curious at when the girl had arrived. A look back to Ouroboros and a question asked "Should we see what she's doing out here?" It nods loosely. Her eyes shift back down and take note of Sprinkles, a tiny red weasel at the base of the tree. It looked furious and a bit diseased. "Poor thing." Kasumi exclaimed, but it was hardly native to this floor. Was it Shiina's familiar? Now that she thought about it, it was very possible as she'd never seen another one with the girl. She was reticent to drop down, wanting to see what it was that the girl was doing. Kasumi was barely able to make out more then a few words of what was spoken by the tiny tyrant.

The child drops on all fours, ushering closer in a crawl toward the familiar. "I love you sprinkles, don't hate me." She remarked with her signature happiness in a way that caused the familiar to almost cower. It fuzzes and spits desperate to escape, but despite the fact Shiina was surprisingly quick on her movements. She scoops him up and looks at the ground beneath to find a squishy grey piece of fruit. A lookup and she spots Kasumi hanging from a branch. "HI THERE!" Shiina yelps out with a wave of her arms, her weasel still held in one and is shook. It flails about and Shiina looks at it "Whoops, my bad. Watcha doin' out here Kasumi?" The songstress asks the orange haired girl looming in the pillar of wood above. "I am teaching my weasel to do magic." Spoken as she is extremely forthright with information.

A hop down from her perch landing next to Shiina and a twist down a bit. "So this is your familiar?" Kasumi asks in confirmation to what she already knew, assuming my weasel meant it was her pet. "I am doing the same thing." Her eyes dart up and behind in a waving swerve was Ouroboros. "This is mine, his name is Ouroboros." Holding her hands in front of her it spins and floats above her outstretched palms. "What's his name? He looks hungry." Kasumi slides to her side producing some of the very fruit she'd offered her own pet, and aggressively the weasel rips it out of her hand causing a spray of strawberry guts in all directions. A smile despite the frenzy the thing was giving off, it was indeed hungry. This was the first thing with any real vitamin in it in a long time. Such what it meant to be Shiina's familiar.

A shift of her face forward as she eyeballs the tiny black worm, a pair of yellow eyes stare back at her with a soft blink "Kasumi it's adorable." Shiina exhumes an itty bitty nope rope. Meanwhile, Sprinkles was losing his fucking mind on a piece of fruit that the girl had given it. "Oh this." She shifts her hand in a way that causes Sprinkles to almost dropping his given meal. His tiny paws grasp on feverishly as he rockets in the forced direction. "This is Sprinkles, he must be magic right?" Shiina explains unsure how familiars worked. To the songstress everything was magical. "He's always hungry, I keep giving him things but he just keeps eating it all. He's a big fat fatty." Poking him on the nose causing him to hiss again. "I chased him out here because he's being a butt, I can't get him to pay attention."

"Sprinkles?" Kasumi asked her, it seemed almost fitting for someone so havoc inducing to name the thing something so trivial like that. "Thank you Shiina, it was a name I found in a book." Peeling free another segment of fruit and passing it to the greedy munching of the tiny weasel, who happily rips it out of her extended fingers. "They kind of are like magic aren't they?" Kasumi looked down to Ouroboros. It was true that they held some special effects on their owners, and were a welcome blessing. A glance back to the songstress "Maybe try a softer voice, try to see what he's feeling? It seemed to do the trick for me." But the beast still held some mystery, and that little flicker of energy it had given off was still unknown. Just like Shiina she had yet to discover what hers did as well. They both had work left to do.

ID# 181993 results: Craft: 2+1=3, Nope

Edited by Kasumi
  • 1 month later...

A glance toward Kasumi with an earnest glance. "Sprinkles!" she reaffirms the girls inquiry with a confirmation, lifting the weasel up toward Kasumi with both hands. "Yep he magic, he's just difficult." Shiina looked down at the thing almost sad. She rather liked him, but he didn't seem to like her any. "Please, show me what you got Sprinkles. I promise I'll feed you whatever you want." It becomes rather lax for a moment, looking up at her with tiny and crazy black eyes. It offers a small thumbs up and then bangs its face against her hand rather abruptly. It makes a metallic sound, a tiny dink and then it starts to wiggle again as if playing charades. "I don't get it." She could tell it was trying to tell her something, but the meaning was lost in translation from weasel to human. Setting him down sees him stuck to her like glue, the promise of real food had motivated it to stay put.

ID# 187480 results: Craft: 8, Success [1/3] *OMG she did it*

Edited by Shiina

Shiina reaffirms the things name, and Kasumi produces another section of fruit for the thing as a reward for finally listening to Shiina. It looked like a tiny devil, rather aggressive in how it acted. It kind of suited Shiina completely, in its fuzzed and off kilter way of acting. As if it was wet and someone hit it with a towel rather rigorously, making all of its hair stand on end. It claims the fruit from her fingers and crams it into a row of teeth, making crunches and sloshes with little bits of it falling out. "Well it look like he understood you for a moment there, Shiina." Kasumi speaks to Shiina and is repaid with a nod from the girl. It seems she was pleased that it was finally responding to her, proving that a bit of honey works better then a whole bunch of vinegar. That is what Kasumi lived by.

"I think so." Shiina adds with a smile back to Kasumi as the girl hands Sprinkles another strawberry to destroy. "How do you know so much about these?" Shiina asked rather quizzically, having saw Ouroboros for only the first time now, she was convinced that Kasumi couldn't have had too awful much practice with it. How did she know how to get it to pay attention when she'd been trying so hard the last like hour to get it to? A soft pat of the red colored weasel sees a growl, like a kitten it didn't like being touched when it was eating. But he doesn't dart away and attempt to hide. Somehow that little gesture and connection of hearts had done the trick. "Thanks Kasumi." Shiina expresses her gratitude with that same beaming smile to the woman. They were the same age, but leagues younger in wisdom Shiina was by comparison.