[PP|F4] <<Absolute Zero>> Change of Plans

<<Absolute Zero>>

With a small smile, Chase shook his head at NIGHT's offer. "No, no, it's alright. I've already talked with gran, so I know where her shop is. She told me if I brought twenty six back, she'd use a special something so I have more chances at uniques, so... Thank you though. I'll head on over soon, just... I got an idea. I don't have a unique weapon, and I wouldn't mind getting one either, so I was thinking...", he coughed and looked at her with a more serious expression. "I don't want to overburden you, but... Can we do Absolute Zero instead? It's back at the fourth, some higher level form of the Avalanche monster that I solo'd when I was with Freyd."

She was probably already more than just familiar with the quest, but he felt it proper to go just slightly more in depth with it than mentioning it and leaving it at that. "It apparently drops some item with a unique enchantment on it, Freeze, but it's Rare... There is another quest I could do- or we, if you're interested- that... Sorry if it's a detour. I just want to be able to fare well even in the next tier... You understand what I mean, don't you?", he asked her with a small smile, worried that she'd turn his offer down. It was starting to become easy from how much he talked overall now- whenever he was nervous, he talked more than usual, and now that he were just a bit more familiar with NIGHT, he was more talkative overall.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 42
HP: 840/840
EN: 84/84

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 25
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
REC:2
PARA:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Star Splitter>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC II, PAR I
Armor: <<Wind Dweller>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): EVA I, REC II
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Perfect/Trinket): EVA II, ACC I

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Spyglass (2/3)*1
T1 Rare Health Potions (heal 40HP)*2
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (2/3)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (-): +1 Rank to the - skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Now, this chain of quests had started to become familiar to NIGHT. She'd remembered when Yuki first asked her to join, roping Crow into it and forging them as a solid trio. Though, when she'd recalled how painless the boss had seemed to be (on the account that she'd never gotten hit by it before), a grin graced her face as she started to ruminate on what could be done to it. A large striking dummy, up and ready for the task of demolishment?

Easy enough. Here was a chance for her to see how much havoc she could wreck if only for a test run.

A simple "Sure," was her response, disaster twinkling at the corner of her eye if one paid attention enough to catch it. She'd continued through her menus nonchalantly, running through her available skill points to spend. "Want to watch me tear it down while you hang back?"

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1420/1420 | EN: 157/157
  | ACC: 2 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18 | BH: 71
  | BURN: 36 | BLIGHT: 72 | BLEED: 36 | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1
  | LD: 4
 | Stealth Detection: 4 | Stealth Rating: 7
  | Dungeon Search: 2

- - -
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Jack's Executioner
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Blight II | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 72 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
    -- [ Bleed I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 36 unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. ]
  • Reminiscing The Lord
    -- [ Mitigation II | +18 MIT. ]
    -- [ Paralytic Venom | Natural successful attacks against you of 8-10 removes the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Dragon's Gaze
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
  • [T1E3] [ref] Waltz of the Damned (1) | Instant | INCARCERATION
  • [T1E3] Teleport Crystal (1) | Instant | TELEPORT

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    Athletics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Bialas Statue | +TAUNT

• - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Hiding
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

The way that she worded it and how confident she suddenly seemed was damn almost scary. "H-Huh..?", he stammered, having gotten completely off guard by the offer. "Y-You want me to just sit back and watch while you... R-Really?". He was almost shocked to have heard this offer from her. Just when he was starting to think he was almost fully leeching off of her numbers and damage, she just made the offer like it was no big deal whatsoever. Not that he'd turn it down, but it just felt rather odd, heading over to a floor so she could do his own job for him.

He knew that the boss was rather strong and could easily put him in a fair amount of danger though. So while he did feel a bit hurt he'd answer this way, he took a deep breath and just sucked it up. "A-Alright. Sure thing. I'll lay back and watch, put on a show, I guess~. Um... Don't put yourself in danger though. Please.", Chase ended off with a frown, not wanting to have her risk anything when he himself wasn't putting in any effort, let alone sharing the risk along with her. She knew better than that, obviously, but... just in case this was a dumb idea.

"Cool." No pun intended. With a few taps, her outfit quickly flashed into one more befitting a winter's weather, padded to accommodate the unaccustomed player to the nines. Her fingers waved away her menus, NIGHT walking away with a new skill acquired, slotted under her toolkit. "I remember where it is," she revealed, inviting ChaseR to step up to the teleport pad with a simple beckon. "So I'll guide us there this time, too."

One movement shift, and she'd made her way down the winding paths of Snowfrost, eyes set to the ground as she tried to remember where her doppel had once stepped into, marking out their past movements by some distant, faded memory. NIGHT raised her sights by the edge of town, taking a turn towards a different clearing, one towards a larger, less secluded lake. "It'll erupt from the ice, if I remember correctly. Ever had combat experience upon it before?"

"N-No, not really...", Chase admitted, having followed her all the way. He didn't put on any other clothes and even felt somewhat bad to not have brought Blizz along with him to his favorite floor, but... "Do I need to have any..? I'll be watching after all, right?", he asked with a small frown on his face as he made sure not to get his foot sucked in anywhere through some holes here and there around the snowfields. It was a fair while away from the settlement, but he kept following and keeping an eye out all the same.

Now that they had approached the lake, he looked at it in awe and smiled slightly, crouching to touch it with his hand. Of course it was cold, but he didn't mind the cold as much as he did mind the heat, truth be told. "H-Holy... Blizz and Shay would absolutely love this...", he lowly mumbled under his breath before looking back up at NIGHT, waiting for the monster to spawn any second now. She said it'd appear under the ice, which meant... The realization was enough to get him to back away from the lake and glare at the icy surface. "S-So it's under the lake then? How big is it either way, the lake isn't huge but it's fairly big still... Maybe as much as the wyvern..?"

NIGHT shook her head in response to his question, just as they'd reached the edge of the mirror from the white blanket of snow. "I actually had a bit of trouble navigating it the first time I'd tackled this boss." Her admission had been only slightly less embarrassing than she'd expected, the woman summoning a pair of skates from her inventory, courtesy of DAY's training and advice just weeks before. As she carefully guided herself upon the slippery surface, NIGHT added, "So this will also be a test run, just to see how I'd fare in the heat of battle."

"Wish me luck."

With a light shove forward, the player glided herself towards the heart of the lake. Jack's Executioner formed in her hands, the black weathered sword taking to the frost of their new arena. As she got closer, NIGHT let her blade carve upon the frozen glass, hoping it would begin to stir Absolute Zero from its apparent slumber.

Spoiler

ID: 166636 | LD: 8 (1, +7) | Failed to enter stealth. :pepehands:

Although curious what she'd summon at first, he wasn't too surprised to see ice skates appearing in her hands. As soon as she equipped them though, it began to dawn on him that they were in fact still in Aincrad, and that... Yeah, the game design sure was getting interesting. "What the hell are ice skates doing in a game like this..? Hell, does that mean I can make roller skates..? Wait, what if I can- Hoohoo...", he trailed onto his own, and before he knew it, she was already almost gone. He didn't want to let her off without any words of encouragement, so he put both hands in front of his mouth and shouted her way, hoping she'd hear him all the same. "Go get 'em!"

While NIGHT approached closer and closer, the blade's low sound that it made didn't seem to do anything. It was until a few moments later that she could almost feel the ground underneath give in, starting to tremble and quake like it'd break open. Chase noticed the very same thing towards the edge of the lake, furrowing his eyebrows. "I-Is it actually bigger than the Wyvern? Is she really going to be alright?"

What a restful sleep it must be having, NIGHT thought, as she continued to trace around its emergence point with her weapon. The needle sung in a pitch higher than her skates cut into the ice below her, the woman picking up her pace as she gained confidence over time. Its tip scraped up a pile of frost as she turned and turned, circling where she believed the giant might've been closest to the surface.

It stays quiet for a long time. The moment she spots a shadowed jostle from under the surface, NIGHT knows to hasten her efforts, that her mark would appear with a number of crashes soon enough. Her loops become more complicated, her footwork carrying her form to cover a larger area across the lake, hands maneuvering her blade to apply more pressure upon the ice's surface. A crack that began to form at the center of their arena raised her hopes even further.

Spoiler

ID: 166637 | LD: 8 (1, +7) | Failed to enter stealth again. Um. Hello? ;_;)

While the bluehead was expecting the giant to appear any second now, it... still hadn't. This had started getting annoying, from being so nerveracking. With a deep sigh, he sat down cross legged a fair distance away from the lake's edge and crossed his arms, closing his eyes and waiting until another tremor would come from the monster- until then, we wait. He did open them to sneak a peek over to NIGHT who seemed to be dancing on the ice, getting lost.

It looked... magical, to say the least. He'd never had that much experience with skates before, let alone ice skates as he always lost his balance, so it was definitely odd to see somebody so used to them, let alone in a virtual environment were their movements felt so much lighter and less weighty than in the real world. If it weren't for him snapping back to reality with the ear-shrieking noise her blade was producing, he'd have watched the show quietly and never thought about the boss again.

Edited by ChaseR

Faster. Further. NIGHT had been hesitant about picking up this much speed during her training sessions, but one image had guided her every step, pulling the player ever forward with a hope. There was a racing of the pulses in her heart, in her ears, as she closed her eyes and got lost in her thoughts. She could see it now, as she held a hand out in front of her in her race; on her gloved fingers, she'd felt it, that gentle touch of her Gemini's own reaching out and holding onto her fast. The firm grip upon her arms, the heat from proximity radiating off their jackets, and the flush on her face, a burning heat upon the edges of her ears. The feeling of falling, falling towards her companion, the catch of her breath staggered in her throat as she leaned forward, nearly missing a foot in front of the other--

Spoiler

ID: 166638 | LD: 16 (9, +7) | Entering Stealth, finally.

And it was done. With another tremor almost worse than the previous, the beast began to emerge from below the ice, growling. It quickly made its way out of the layer of ice, roaring and trying to look for who had been making this much noise to wake it up from its slumber. For whatever reason, from Chase's perspective, everything looked so confusing. NIGHT was... "... NIGHT? What the?!", he gasped, getting onto his feet and taking his blade out. The monster's size wasn't much to go by, but its stats according to the rumors he'd heard...

And the recommended level for the quest wasn't supporting him too much either. He was beginning to grow worried, more and more so, that she wasn't there anymore or somehow fell inside of the water. He didn't like that thought one bit. He was ready to shout, but what was holding him back was the obvious problem, lifting its hands, ready to slam them down into the ice and break the rest of the lake. It would be too dangerous for him to get its attention, and with NIGHT out of view, he didn't feel any safer.

ChaseR: HP: 840/840 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | REC: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 8 | PAR: 1
NIGHT:

Avalanche the Absolute Zero: HP: 850/850 | DMG: 200 (MD 9-10: 250/300) | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 (8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | On CD 12, AoE Freeze.
[All players have -2 EVA for the remainder of the battle.]

Edited by ChaseR

--By gods, it was magical.

So it was only apparent to her just how much rage had been built up within her when the fierce howl that came from their mark had clawed its way into her reality, preaching its existence. Her eyes flickered open with alarm; her sword, as with her anger, began to ooze with an explosive, deathly threat. With a cry of her own, she'd swung it against the beast in a batting motion, sinking its edge into the side of its torso the moment it had burst out from the water.

Luckily, the player was safe. Far enough from the cracks of the lake and the portions of ice that would soon fall victim to its temporary sinking. When her edge bit into the ice beast's side, what tar she'd become familiar with began to adapt to her enemy, the corrosion eating away at its surface form.

One strike wasn't going to do. As she'd began to turn tail and shift across the landscape, a fist began to trail after her, the player needing to halt and beat it back with her sword.

Spoiler

ID: 166639 | LD: 18 (11, +7)
> FREE ACTION: Using the following item: [T1E3] [ref] Waltz of the Damned (1) | Instant | INCARCERATION | [#154317]
Maintaining Stealth. Activating [Surprise Attack: Trickster]. Applying [DoT: 144 * 2 = 288 DMG] (2) to the following rolls:

ID: 166640 | BD: 7 (3, +2+2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Avalanche, Absolute Zero.
18 * 13 = 234 DMG | 234 * 0.5 = 117 DMG | 117 - 75 = 42 DMG

ID: 166641 | CD: 2 | MD: 7 (4, +3)
Avalance, Absolute Zero attacks NIGHT!
200 - 18 = 182 DMG

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1238/1420 (-182) | EN: 148/157 (-9) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 (-2) | MIT: 18 | BH: 71 | BURN: 36 | BLIGHT: 72 | BLEED: 36 | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1 | LD: 4
[0] ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 4 | REC: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 8 | PAR: 1

Avalanche the Absolute Zero | HP: 520/850 (-42-288) | DMG: 200 (MD 9-10: 250/300) | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 (8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | CD12: AoE Freeze | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)

Chase still couldn't tell where exactly NIGHT was and was going to throw himself right into harm's way, until he noticed the beast suddenly falter. It appeared to be chasing after something, presumably the female that appeared to be capable of fighting even on ice skates. "It looks like she's safe... I hope she can kill it before she's in much trouble herself...", his thoughts nervously continued looking at the worst case scenario, uncertain how the numbers scaled so high up and she could take on something with so many status effects, so much damage and health all at once.

He knew though that no matter what, it wouldn't be too long before he'd be doing exactly the same. It was a scary thought, but it was how things would play out, nothing to do about it. His grip was as tight as ever around his blade, but he'd hold back unless he could see NIGHT in evident danger. She knew how to play the game much better than he did, and she wouldn't have taken the offer up in the first place. It was just a matter of the bluenette calming down and realising just that in time.

[2] NIGHT | HP: 1238/1420 | EN: 148/157 | ACC: 2 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 (-2) | MIT: 18 | BH: 71 | BURN: 36 | BLIGHT: 72 | BLEED: 36 | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1 | LD: 4
[0] ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 (-2) | ACC: 4 | REC: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 8 | PAR: 1

Avalanche the Absolute Zero | HP: 520/850 | DMG: 200 (MD 9-10: 250/300) | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 (8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | CD12: AoE Freeze | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (1/2)

When she tore away from the connection, confidence was in her every stride from thereon.

Confidence, or was it vengeance, against the very opponent that had cut her out of her sudden, unwilful day dream? NIGHT skid past another oncoming blow from her enemy, leaving the raging giant's fist behind her in a snaked trail, the woman willing her blade to swap from her hold. In her grasp, her fingers made way for another sword in Jack's stead; what once was a large, gluttonous claymore made of sin was now replaced by her stalwart, that zweihander made from remnants of a forgotten menace.

The dragon's eye flashed with a fury. If her emotions were channeled into her executioner, might they have passed on to its following counterpart? With one swing, she'd delivered penance onto her foe, that edge cutting through the side of Avalanche, dislodging its arm forward and releasing yet another howl from its maw.

Spoiler

ID: 166642 | BD: 6 (1, +3+2)
> Using [Quick Change] to swap from Jack's Executioner to Dragon's Gaze. New stats as following:
[2] NIGHT | HP: 1238/1420 | EN: 148/157 | ACC: 3 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 18 | BH: 71 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1 | LD: 4
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Absolute Zero.
18 * 13 = 234 DMG | 234 - 75 = 159 DMG

ID: 166643 | CD: 12 | MD: 1
Avalanche, Absolute Zero misses!

ID: 166644 | MD: 12 (10, -1+3)
Avalanche, Absolute Zero attacks ChaseR!
300 - 25 = 275 DMG

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1309/1420 (+71) | EN: 140/157 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 18 | BH: 71 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1 | LD: 4
[0] ChaseR | HP: 565/840 (-275) | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 8 | PAR: 1 | FROZEN 

Avalanche the Absolute Zero | HP: 73/850 (-159-288) | DMG: 200 (MD 9-10: 250/300) | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 (8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | CD12: AoE Freeze | INCARCERATED | [DoT: 288 DMG] (2/2)

While the fight continued on and on, Chase noticed one of the hands of the massive beast getting cut clean. With a smile, he welcomed the amount of damage he took- what he didn't welcome was a wave of frost that came right his way. He tried to block it with the flat side of his blade, however he failed at preventing harm from befalling him and almost fell backwards. The amounts of damage it dealt were massive, something over a fourth of his life, nearing a third.

When the attack was over, he tried to move but felt completely frozen in place. He looked down to see his feet frozen together, stuck on the ground. Grunting, he switched the sword in his hands to hold it in reverse and began chipping away at the ice below him, hoping that he'd be out of it in time to dodge a following strike. "The reach of its attacks is massive, what the hell is this monster..?! And how does NIGHT manage to deal so much damage? This fight... It's on a whole different level than what me or Freyd are used to..."

[4] NIGHT | HP: 1309/1420 | EN: 140/157 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 18 | BH: 71 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1 | LD: 4
[0] ChaseR | HP: 565/840 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 8 | PAR: 1 | FROZEN 

Avalanche the Absolute Zero | HP: 73/850 | DMG: 200 (MD 9-10: 250/300) | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 (8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | CD12: AoE Freeze | INCARCERATED

One more strike was all she needed, and so it was delivered. Like Hermes, the ever expedient messenger, she'd posted a message to the great crystalline creature, etching the wyrm's word onto its edged, sparkling form. A skate in front of the other, the thin slice she'd drawn upon its figure glowed white with heat, accompanied with the vitriolic black mess that continued to chew against its insides, the virus already dismantling the bust and causing it to lurch backwards just to hold itself together.

When she'd released her pen from her canvas, the gash that ripped across its base burst in an eruption, widening to reveal the telling hatched lines of her strike. With a backwards glide, she'd watched the beast start to fray and shatter, at its edges first and foremost. One more shriek, one more tumble, before Avalanche exploded in a shower of glitter, leaving nothing but the hole it resided in behind.

Death sent his regards.

Spoiler

ID: 166645 | BD: 12 (7, +3+2)
<<Galaxy Destroyer>> vs Avalanche, Absolute Zero.
18 * 13 = 234 DMG | 234 - 75 = 159 DMG

[6] NIGHT | HP: 1380/1420 (+71) | EN: 132/157 (+1, -9) | ACC: 3 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 18 | BH: 71 | KEEN: 1 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | TAUNT | PARA-D: 1 | LD: 4
[0] ChaseR | HP: 565/840 | EN: 84/84 | DMG: 14 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 2 | MIT: 25 | BH: 8 | PAR: 1 | FROZEN 

Avalanche the Absolute Zero | HP: -86/850 (-159) | DMG: 200 (MD 9-10: 250/300) | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 2 (8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | CD12: AoE Freeze | INCARCERATED

Upon hearing the clashing of her blade with the icy body of the giant, Chase lifted his head and kept chipping at the ice, only to slowly come to a halt from trying to free himself and get lost in the battle. How much grace went into her moves went far beyond his abilities to express in human words, and the finale of shards flying all over while a strong gust blew, releasing his legs from their cold prison... She certainly earned a clap from the man once he'd sheathed his blade. He was genuinely speechless.

He waited until she skated closer to him simply giving her a thumbs up and laughing awkwardly. He wasn't sure what to say- hell, he felt like he'd just peeked in a whole different dimension now that he saw her fighting a monster of her own calibre. Now more than ever, the boy's existential crisis on how in the world he'd catch up with her started to take over his mind, as he moved a hand to the back of his head and scratched the back of his head, reaching desperately for any words to use to congratulate her on her feat- in his eyes at least. She probably saw it as nothing out of the ordinary, if he were to make a guess.

The light that flashed in her hands sent her sword back to her inventory.

When she'd returned from her assault, NIGHT's eyes first went to the ticking of her companion's health bar, a remarkable chip off his gauge entirely. The player stopped herself just as she got close to the edge, pointing over to it with curiosity. "Did something happen when I wasn't looking?"

In the distance, something caught her eye. The fading shards of ash trickling upwards just as she was far enough away from Avalanche's corpse continued to interrupt her view of the backdrop, cluing her in on what might've occurred. Shock registered on her face for a beat, the woman erring to herself internally, before it was her turn to laugh awkwardly, realizing the potential danger she might've accidentally put her friend through.

O-Oops.

"I hope that wasn't too intense of a strike," she tried to offer, pain still visibly stuck on her face.

"Aah, I- Avalanche did...", the bluenette stammered and tried to find words, but failed to say anything. Thankfully though, the veteran swordswoman appeared to realise what happened well enough on her own. "I-It wasn't, don't worry, haha... So... A unique weapon at last, huh?", he finally trailed off once he'd calmed down shortly after, looking at the loot window that showed up with a small grin on his face, now that the quest was done. A lot of SP to boot, but that wasn't what he was interested into- the new sword he'd gotten fit him better. He liked it.

It paired up with his colors all too well and his whole blue theme was something to go by, too. "Hell, it'd be funny if there's any freeze-related enchantments I could get on those armors I'll hand in to gran tomorrow... Speaking of which...", he looked over at NIGHT with a small smile, tilting his head curiously. "Do you know if there's anything like Freeze for armors? Light armors?", he presented her with his question, hoping that she'd answer positively one way or another. This way, he could match with Blizz and Grace while keeping true to his own whims, too.

"Light armors specifically?"

NIGHT had been busy swapping her skates out just as he'd posed her the question. Without a doubt, she'd had the least amount of experience with examining armors to begin with, and hadn't bothered to dabble with them too much either, on the basis that her tracksuits were more than comfortable enough for the player to use. "Not that I can recall," she stated, eyes trailing off to the skies.

"--Ah, but..."

The woman took her first few steps upon the snow, starting to remember the effects of her bulwark's armor. "There's an enhancement that's based off fire, I think." With how powerful Yuki's equipment had become, it was difficult for her not to have lodged its properties in her memory after her friend's exponential growth. "It would make sense that there was a frosted counterpart." Her violets darted to his open interface, thumbing her bottom lip. "Huh. Playing hard into the archetype, are you?"