[PP-F19] Tiny vs Titan <<The Colossal Shadow>>

Zandra sat on her bed, looking at the axe she held in her hands infront of her. Well, it was a great axe, it had served her well so far. But still she felt that hole in herself, that something was wrong, something was missing. Would she ever be able to stop feeling that? She took a deep sigh before putting it back into her inventory and rising. She still missed Teseleths fury. Nothing would be the same without it. Another sigh as she walked down the stairs. ‘’Come on Zita, it is time.’’ At the front door, she grabbed a potion that was tsanding on the shelf. She opened it and emptied it in a few gulps. After seeing Mari buffing up before the fight, she thougth that was a good idea. Noone would ever buy her rare potions anyway, so now she had a few dozens ready to be used. She left her estate behind her and headed to floor 19.

As she came down to Ralberg, she headed to a bench outside one of the gardens. Still in sight from the portal and a good view of the area. There she waited for someone that she hoped she would conquer her fear against. Day before she had sent a mail to Mari that she was thinking to doing another Scent of the wild quest. And it did sounded like she wanted to do it as well. They did decide to meet up but Zandra had headed there half an hour early, just to make sure she wouldn’t be late.

@Mari

Quest:

Spoiler

Floor 19
«The Colossal Shadow»
Recommended Level: 45
Non-Repeatable | Party Limit: 2
Credit Goes to: Hikoru

Rewards:

• 5,000 Col
  • SP
  • Tanos Statue: A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts).
  • Must find «Colossus» with an LD of 15+.
  • Must climb to weak points to attack (2 posts each).
  • Must defeat «Colossus».

Summary:

Rumor has it that another giant beast-like Tanos has come alive on the 19th floor. He his twice the size of the floor boss, and is wandering the floor quietly towards each settlement, looking for someone to challenge him. Players have to find him wandering the plains, as although he is easy to find, the land is vast and treacherous, and the landscape seems to go for miles. Once he's found, you have to climb his body to the weak points on his hands and head to defeat the vast creature. Once defeated, he turns into a large pile of stone, forming a mountain of rock, as the sound of something large being shattered can be heard from a distance. 

Outline:

shadow_of_the_colossus_by_zudartslee-d8z

[Note: «Colossus» receives his own separate roll from the player]
« Colossus »
Statistics:
HP: 1,000
DMG: N/A
MIT: 50
ACC: 0
EVA: -2

Abilities:

Weak Points: Weak points can be found on both hands, chest, and head. These can only be attacked up to three times before the weak point is gone, and you have to move onto the next one. If you miss attacking it, it will not count as using one of the three chances.
[Note: To climb to a weak point, you must spend 2 Posts climbing to it, and this goes for every weak point]

Oblivious: Since the boss is so large and you have to hold on and climb, players have no way to get space to «Charge» for extra damage, nor can they try to Stealth or Track the creature, as it does not care.

Shake: Every three posts after the boss is found, «Colossus» will "shake" trying to get the player off of its body. Players have to grip onto the creature, rolling an LD to see how strong their grip is on the creature. The next post, «Colossus» will roll his own LD. If his LD is greater than the player, the player is thrown off, dealing 250 Unmitigatable damage to the player, and they have to restart their climb to the next Weak Point.
[Note: LD items can come into effect when rolling, but no skills or mods that give an LD bonus can help]

Stats:

Spoiler

850725029_Siglevel88.thumb.png.c8ce2f8afc186e1b7cf29dbde844c941.png

Consumables used:

Rare damage potion +2 Damage- New damage: 21

Right....

Mari forgot about this. She had planned to do the majority of these quests with Zandra - a strange proposition really. Considering Mari was convinced Zandra was not too fond of her. Mari wasn't sure if she felt like navigating such precarious social interactions right now, but a promise is a promise. And she was still on her way back down to the fourth floor from her past encounter with Freyd and Chaser. 

...If it hadn't been for Chaser- Mari may just have declined Zandras invitation that day. 

But; it was a new day- and Mari had picked up the scrambled, broken pieces of her psyche and hastily glued them back together. She replied to Zandra, saying that they'd meet outside the safe zone. There was one giant, long - and ornate bridge..crumbling from disrepair that lead out the main settlement of Ralberg. It was here that Mari and Zandra agreed to wait. Mari thought she was early, a good fifteen minutes by her count. But, she was surprised to see Zandra already there.

"Ah." Mari said as she approached the raven haired woman. "You're quite early. I hope I didn't leave you waiting too long."

@Zandra

Zandra rose as she saw Mari approach her waiting spot. She put on a friendly smile and shoke her head. ‘’Hello Mari.’’ She started in a polite tone. ‘’Nonono, I just got here as well.’’ She lied as an answer to her comment about Zandra being early. She wasn’t quite sure what to say more. Her relationship with Mari at the moment was, complicated. She wanted to change that. After all, wouldn’t be very unlikely that there may come a moment in the future when their life will be in the others hands.

‘’So, I did some intel searching about this quest.’’ She didn’t wanted to be in same position as last time, where she didn’t knew anything and just jumped into the quest blindly. She had talked to an info broker that specialized in this floor so she think she have enough information for them to go thru the quest smoothly. ‘’Not sure how much you know already but we need to search for the colossus so if you wonder anything I can fill you in while we walk? Im ready to go when you are.’’ She said with a quite formal voice. Hopefully she would relax a bit as they went out into the wild.

@Mari

• 2 weeks later...

"You did? Well..." Mari paused and exhaled. "That's...good." Mari still seemed reserved. The ordeal with Freyd still fresh, like a festering open wound on her psyche. If it weren't for Chaser and his...childish mannerisms, Mari would have been a lot worse off. Especially around someone like Zandra, where she never knew where she truly stood. Where she felt if she rose a hand too fast or her voice too loud that it'd prompt the raven haired woman

"I'm normally a little early myself." Mari offered, in a way to try and extend the olive branch and make a connection with the other girl. Even if it did seem, and feel superficial. "I usually hate making the other person wait, yanno?" Mari said.

Mari listened to Zandra explain the intel on the quest; If Mari had been honest, she literally knew nothing. "Eheh...." Mari forced a sheepish laugh. "Yeh. You know more than me, being a PKer - it's almost impossible for me to pick up these quests. So Yeh...I'd appreciate you filling me in as we walk. Especially if we have to find it."

Mari began to follow Zandra's lead. "It can't be that hard to find, right? The thing is called a Colossus, those things are pretty big."  Mari just had to keep up with the small talk. Keep up with the pleasantries and smiles. Even if thry were fake. Because that's what made people feel better, right?

@Zandra

• 1 month later...

Zandra nodded. It seemed Mari wasn’t very informed, but that was fine. It just gave them a subject to talk about, so maybe the aura surrounding them would ease a bit. ‘’Nice, lets move out then.’’ She said and the black and orange haired womens headed out into the wild.

‘’So, to begin with we need to find it. And yes you are right, it should be big. Thou this floor, it is huge. Like, very hug…’’ she quickly stopped. Mari probably understood what she meant, don’t have to repeat it several times. She putted on a nervous smile. ‘’Ehe… well, when we finds it, we need to climb onto it. Because it only have a few spots where it can be damaged, and the feets is not one of those points.’’ She continued her explanation with. At the same time, Zita opened up her mighty wings, and with a few flaps she started to circle high in the air above them.

@Mari

• 4 weeks later...

"Alright, I'll follow - you lead." Mari said in response to Zandra's offer.  Zandra had lead the way, through the rolling hills and grassy plains of the floor. It...was kinda nice - how the sun was warm against her back, and how the long grass tickled her ankles. Mari glanced at Zandra, the raven haired woman was focused. Something about the way she presented herself, and walked - it felt like she was strained. Maybe nervous?

Mari was too.

Mari cleared her throat. "The grass feels nice." The small talk seemed forced, but - she was trying. "I'm so used to the snow I forget what its like sometimes, eheh..hahah...." Her laugh sounded nervous.

Zandra commented on how large the floor was and Mari's eyes shifted back to the rolling hills before them. "
Yeh. The place is pretty big...I never really got to explore many of the floors. I feel like we have this expansive world and I just...stick to my tiny box."

Mari snorted as Zandra said they had to climb the beast. "PFft. climb it? Yeh. Okay - sounds like a bit of fun."

As they neared the top of the next hill Mari pointed at a rather large thing, on first glance - it looked like a mountain, except - it was moving. "Soooo....we're supposed to climb THAT thing!??"

ID:  180200
LD: 20 - FOUND

@Zandra

Edited by Mari