[PP-F4] Just a Game? Onto 4th.

We ran up the spiraling steps. They seemed to never end.

I finally saw the top and sprinted ahead, running into the blinding white light.

That's about the time when I slipped on some ice and slide into a snow drift.

Bursting out laughing, I tried several times to get up and kept slipping, causing me to laugh even more until I couldn't even attempt to stand.

N-note to...self.... be sure to make ice skates!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryu stood there just staring at the snow and began having flash backs to Ignis the Mad. He couldnt help it but this place was to familiar. He stood on the ice for another few minutes just looking around. The town was beautiful and all but it was cold. The thought of a city built in a climate like this didnt matter. Suddenly something puffy hit him square in the cheek and he was snapped back to reality. He looked to his left, and saw a bunch of kids who looked at him as if he was a monster that was going to kill them for hitting him. He bent down playing with the snow for a second then stood. He threw a snow ball and it gently hit one of the kids legs. He was shocked that i threw one back. I lowered my hood and smiled at the kids hoping they wouldnt notice my eyes. The laughed and giggled and squealed before running back into town, being chased by other kids who also have snowballs. Ryu lifts his hood back up and walks over to Aoi-hime without slipping on the ice. He offers her his hand.

Come on...its cold....and im tired....lets get something to eat...then to an inn for sleep...please he asks her shivering

It's not that cold, is it? I think, grasping his outstretched hand.

Standing up, I say, Okay, there has to be a diner around here somewhere.

I carefully walk on the ice towards the town, dragging Ryu with me.

I'm going to be here awhile so why not enjoy it? Tomorrow is going to just be a snow day. I thought, smiling.

What is running through her mind right now he wondered, being dragged behind by this attractive young woman he has come to love.

I have no idea what is up here....not that i much care he said monotonically.

Nothing seemed right to him. This town, those children...everything seemed...much more than a game for some odd reason...everything felt, looked, and smelled so...real...maybe..maybe this was a dream. Maybe this girl wasnt real. He pulled away from her grip. He looked at his arm, then up to her, then to his hand....then to the snow.

I dont understand anything anymore he thought to himself. What am i doing here...who am i...who is this girl....is this real....or just a fantasy..?

I looked back at Ryu, a bit hurt that he'd snatched his hand away.

Does he not like me anymore? Did he ever like me? Or was it all just a game?

All those thoughts raced through my head in a split second, and as I felt the tears welling up, I forced them away.

I switched back to my default of being emotionally detached from the world so I wouldn't get burned.

What is it? Aren't we going? I bluntly asked.

I looked at her suddenly....i couldnt believe my eyes.

Who....who are we....are we...real? he asked nervously Was....was that kiss real....or...was it... a glitch.

Going...going where...where is here, what is going on, who am i...he continued to pester. He crumbled into snow and blacked out. Nothing more he could do, it was over in an instant suddenly,...this were cold and dark...unlike they should be.

Ryu! I shrieked, the iciness I once had shattering.

I ran over to him and touched his face. I flinched away.

He's freezing!

It'd take too long to go for help, so I put my skills to work and fashioned a makeshift sled out of branches.

I dragged him over to it and set him down, then quickly continued to the town.

After about five minutes, I'd made my way into the little town and found an inn.

Wrenching open the door, I cried out to the receptionist in desperation, Please! Can you help me?!

He shot up from his chair and crossed the room, going around the desk.

Upon seeing Ryu, his eyes widened and said, Of course I'll help.

He ran back to the desk and pulled out a key.

Go find that room. I'll bring your friend.

Nodding, I raced down the hallway.

13A. 13A. 13A. 13A, I muttered under my breath, searching for the room.

10A. 12A.

Here! I exclaimed triumphantly.

I stopped and unlocked the door, opening it to reveal a quaint little room with 2 beds.

After 3 minutes passed, the man from before walked in with Ryu draped over his back.

Quickly crossing the room, he set Ryu down on one of the two beds.

I can't thank you enough, I said handing him the money for the room plus some extra for his help.

I think it's best to help those in need, he stated, shaking his head and handing all of the money back to me.

Bewildered, I asked, Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure. Stay as long as you need.

Relived, I exclaimed, Thanks a million!

You're welcome. Bye, He said, exiting and closing the door, leaving me to tend to Ryu alone.

Oh, Ryu, what's happened?

His eyes wouldnt open. He started muttering.

C-c-c he stammered unable to say anything at all. He was lucky to be alive. His eyes barely open but he can see Aoi-hime next to his bed. He tries to reach his arm up to her but it get not farther than a couple inches off the bed.

A-...A-..A-... he still cant speak. He doesnt understand what happening to him. He can tell he isnt outside anymore, but he has no other understanding as to where he is. He cant even feel the bed beneath him. Something isnt right, whats going on. He tries to reach for her again, and manages to slide his hand across her thigh before his hand falls off the bed and dangles there.

N-...Nee-...Need....w-...warm-...warmth he manages to whisper before his eyes close once again. Nothing more he could do, he couldnt feel, couldnt speak, and suddenly his hearing started to go, but his health bar wasnt decreasing...what could be wrong with him?....what is...his issue?

Am....am i dying outside the game? he thinks to himself Is this...is this the end for me?...........will some one....be my...salvation?...anyone... His eyes close and his heart calms down, his breathing...normal...?????

Warmth........

I jumped up and searched the room for any and every blankie (Yes, blankie. Deal with it.) I could possibly find.

I, surprisingly, found a total of ten blankies. Carrying them over to Ryu, I unfolded and covered him with each.

I turned around and searched the room for a thermostat before remembering that this was a game. Why would they even bother having thermostats?

Walking over to the other bed, I flopped down, face in my pillow, and screamed in frustration.

Ten minutes later, half of which I'd spent screaming, I'd fallen asleep, hoping for Ryu to be better by morning.

In the middle of the night Ryu awoke feeling as though someone had lit him on fire on the sun. He tried to break free but he couldnt, something was weighing him down. There were a max of ten blankets crushing him with the heat from his own body. He started taking them off one by one. He finally got down to the last blanket and pulled it off turning so his legs were off the bed. He spotted his traveling companion Aoi-hime. He stood up and walked over to her bed side, and crouched down beside her. He placed his hand on her lower back and shook her lightly.

Aoi-hime......Aoi-hime....wake up.....wake up please he whispered to the sleeping girl

I 'woke up' to being shook.

What's that?.........Urg.......

Five more minutes, sis.............

I yawned and tried to go back to sleep.

I was shook again.

That's when everything from the previous day flooded back to me.

Ryu!I shouted and sat up quickly, cracking my head against his.

Oww......, I grumbled, rubbing my forehead.

Gomen 'nasai..., I apologized, wincing, Are you okay?

Im....im fine...what about you? he asked knowing shed be the most worried about him at this point. Listen...i didnt mean to worry you

He leans closer to her. Unaware of what her is doing, he kisses her cheek gently and then backs up. He walks over to the window and sits in the windowsill like every night. He stares at the moon like usual and he says absolutely nothing, waiting for Aoi-hime to go back to sleep.

She couldnt sleep, he could tell. He watched over her then walked over to her bed side.

You should be asleep hun....you really need it he says kissing her sweet lips gently. He pulled away...he loved her...but he couldnt tell her. Suddenly a mysterious knock at the door.

Who could that be? He thought to himself. He looked to Aoi-hime and kissed her lips again.

[cIll take care of this he says drawing Ragnarok off his shoulder. He walks to the door Who is there He flings open the door, and who else would be there but.........................................................................................................................................................................................GILLS-KUN.....(aka Shark)

Shark stands silently at the door for a few seconds feeling as he just got yelled at.

Hey, I actually heard that Ryu was badly hurt (or something like that). I felt like I needed to check in on this. Shark says curiously. Anyways, I was in the area and was completely bored and walked around and overheard a conversation about some mysterious kid in black was seriously hurt. He says trying to express his concern.