[F4-PP] New Start (Avalanche)

Freya and Eruda arrive at the guildhall. "This is where you can find information on quests, over there in the vault. That is where you can pull out foods and potions that act as buffs to make you stronger for a set amount of time." Eruda realized that she had to teach Freya the basics again. Since she got out of the cave, Freya was not able to remember most things about the game itself. Still not entirely sure why this was and how Eruda would do what she could to help Freya remember the things that were lost to her. Freya walks to the giant table in the center of the room and shifts through the papers on it. There she sees a crap ton of different quests and information about them. "You were saying that Raidou was the guild leader, the one in red that helped free me. Did he write out all of this?" Eruda gives a nod and a smile as Freya glances back down to the papers that littered the table. "Well then, I want to go on this quest, will you come with me?" Freya says as she picks up one of the many papers looking at one of the quests in question. "I really think that you should do the starter up quests first...I think it would..." and before Eruda could finish Freya interrupts her saying "I don't want to go back to the beginning stuff. I think the best way for me to learn would be to just go out and explore. Learn by making mistakes if I have to." Eruda gives a sigh knowing that Freya always had a slight issue with listening. "If that is what you want to do then fine, but please be careful. I had stuff I needed to do today though so I am unable to come with you. Sent a message through the guild chat to see if anyone would be willing. I don't want you to go alone." Freya just laughs a bit as Eruda frowned as it seemed that Freya had already made up her mind. "You worry too much. I will find someone to come...let me just..." Freya starts to say as she starts to fight with her menu trying to get to the guild chat Eruda spoke of.

Freya | HP:180/180 | EN:18/18 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 9
HP: 180/180
EN: 18/18

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 2]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Dropping his meals produced into the guild vault, from a floor above it was easy to hear the exchange between the twins. "Shit count me in." Gaius barks from the floor above, her wanderlust fuck it all attitude was just his style. Twisting his head and pop, with a smile as he took steady steps down the stairs. He'd look and see two Eruda's "The fuck is this, Gemini?" He could tell one was clearly Eruda in her plate armor, so this other one must be the imposter. Without a moment his inventory flashes open as segments of blueish purple armor formed around his body, a topping like a bird. A flash of green and spin of his glaive upright, it began to charge as a sweep of wind caused plans from the guild table to scatter. "I got this shit Mrs. Tank, consider this a broom." as he kneeled low.

Gaius | HP:580/580 | EN:58/58 | DMG:15 | H.M.:2 | L.M.:2 | REC:1

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 29
HP: 580/580
EN: 58/58

Stats:
Damage: 15
H.M.:2
L.M.:2
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Journey [2HAS] (T2/Perfect) Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

As a way to clear his head, the figurative blood of a massive dragon: Skalaugh still ripe on his hands Raidou was relaxing on floor 4. Picking some cold ivory and adding it to his collection, although they had a purpose the act of giving him a sanctuary to unwind was the major effect. In a trickle of white snow that parade from the grayed sky above, the reflection of his lenses beat upon his nose simply from the glow of the powder beneath him.

It was readily apparent however that the swordsman was distracted, weighing a playback of the battle in his head rather than focusing on the act he was playing. It mattered little for he had already had ample stock, and the quality was already low on this floor enough that reproduction was easy. Shifting left after finding nothing of note upon this outcropping, he aims for something more matured.

ID# 168925 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 5+8=13, Failure!

Raidou | HP:1490/1490 | EN:146/146 | DMG:9 | MIT:106 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | LD:8 | VAMP OFF:149 | TAUNT | BH:74

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 73
HP: 1490/1490
EN: 146/146

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
BH:74
LD:8
VAMP OFF:149
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dracbane [T2/Perfect/2HSS]: V.O 1, ACC 1, BLD 1
Armor: Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt
Misc: Onyx Spectacles [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Loot Dice

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Mass Heal Crystal*4
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]
Round of Beef (T3/Rare/Snack): Vitality 2*3

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Raidou

Papers flying every which way direction...Eruda sighs and starts picking up the sheets from the ground. Gaius seemed to think Freya was her double like Gemini as Eruda shakes her head saying "Gaius meet Freya, my twin sister from birth whom I have spent every day with since that day." Eruda looks to Gaius with a sincere reaction, which she should have known something like this would happen given what they have all been through. Freya just laughs as the guy was getting ready to attack her. "Twins we are, my short hair and different eye color but looks similar. That Gemini thing was a fucking jerk, and you... quick to assume that I would be something as dumb as that thing. If it's a fight you want though I will gladly oblige," Freya says as she quickly pulls out her Scythe with a small twirl as the bladed side sits on her side. Eruda gets up and places the papers back on the table and hearing this Eruda glares toward Freya saying "Are you serious right now, he could kill you in one hit. You are way too low..." and Freya cuts her off saying "I will not be shown up by a boy..." Freya says getting ready to charge at the man. Eruda runs and stands in front of the two and she was getting a bit nervous now knowing what Gaius was made of. "Freya you do not get it... Gaius will kill you in one hit. Raidou did not save you just for you to be stupid and bite more than you could chew. Now if you two are done messing around, help me pick up these dam papers that you so gladly made a mess out of." Eruda sent a glare toward Gaius and then toward Freya with a huff and starts picking up the papers again.

Edited by Freya

Spinning his polearm around he'd look to Eruda, smelling her worry on her voice. "Sisters, gotcha. So you've took it out? Good on you." The twirling weapon seems to vanish, from a green blur to nothing. Papers that were still held aloft begin to sway down softly, littering the floor in white. "You I like, instead of being a wuss and cowering. But she's right you know." Gaius chuckles with a tinge of pride drawing a smile upon his face.

"I'd destroy you."

He'd lean down and scoop up one sheet of the plans, the numbers crap he couldn't stand. He'd lower his grasp to Eruda who was trying to pick up the rest. "So whats this shit about a quest, you wanna do one? Or we going to stand here and discuss how many ways I could whip your ass?" The typhoon laughs again, which was characteristic for him despite how irritating it could be for others.

Edited by Gaius

Swayed none, Raidou continues to try and with his attempts begins to find solace. The rhythm of battle begins to fade, twisting from fresh into a catalog of other affairs that were equally in need. To learn from and adjust to, this is what he had always done. This time to process was how he continued to grow, the main point being how low Haine had become in the fight was still clung. This could not stand to happen, the attention burning wild the moment it re-spawned. It was clear that extra steps must be taken to reduce this from becoming a factor.

More healing consumables, perhaps in everyone's hands. It proved to keep her stable once the damage had been dealt, the reaction by the enemy was spontaneous and seemingly random. More over it seemed to bleed through even Yuki's mitigation, fully sheltered to the teeth it did not bode well. The girl was solid.

ID# 168928 results: Craft: 4, Loot: 19+8=27, Success!

Gatherer Activated [+1 Bonus Material]
2*T1 Materials Obtained
Total T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Raidou

With a smirk painted across her face, she says "You could only whip my ass if you could hit me. I have every intention not to get hit in the future so good luck. Eruda is right I guess though...By the chance that you did manage to hit me...I rather not die when I just got back into the action. When I am not so weak, we should have a duel though. See if that talk of yours is as good as your bite." With a slight twirl, her weapon was gone. Helping them gather the rest of the papers..."I am not sure, the quest I was reading is somewhere is that pile of shit, thanks to you," Freya says seeming trying to push his buttons just for the fun of it. Instead of trying to look for the paper in the messed up pile now, Freya starts walking toward to door saying "To the quest board we go. I am not wasting my time trying to find a single paper when we have to go to the board any way. I think it was called the Avalanche..." Freya gives a nod to Eruda with a smile and walks out saying "Come on slow poke," as the door slowly closes behind her.

Edited by Freya

Gaius chuckles as the paper is passed to Eruda "Yeah, but I only need to hit you once. Trust me, I will eventually hit you. Deal, maybe when I won't completely kill you we can have that duel. I have no incentive of being orange, and uh a half loss will do you no favors." he remarked with brutal honesty, he was no stranger to fighting in this game and vaguely remembered almost expiring to the hands of Mari. "And It's a weird choice keeping a bunch of loose paper everywhere, not my fault if it ends up all over the floor." It seemed the girl was raring to go, not wanting to check for the math to which he could respect. It hardly was necessary for he knew if he hit it, it would be over without all the number crunching. "I won't let her kill over Eruda, she'll be fine." Gaius remarked before moving to follow behind the girl.

A soft rumble echoed beneath his feet, seems as though he was not alone here upon this clearing. A soft sigh escapes his lips as he tries to remain focused before he could no longer. The plants seemed paltry in their maturity, it seemed as though he had plucked all that was of worth here in this outcropping. As expected they only ever had but a select few per patch to peel free, from accounts of times prior the number was usually limited outside of specially designated areas. A fix of his glasses as he began to stand, a heavy exhale from his back. "This will not go as you plan, I suggest you turn around and walk away." Raidou offered to that which was sizing him up just outside of his field of view. A clear mental image of what it was via tracking, mixed with a swirl of red for he had not the patience to deal with such interventions.

ID# 169283 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 6+8=14, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Eruda gives Gaius a small nod, as she watches both walks out of the guildhall. She sighs and sits at the table and tries to organize the mess to the way it was before.

Meanwhile, Freya looks to Gaius walking backward toward the town, retracing her steps back to the town Eruda brought her through. "What do you mean by not wanting to be orange?" Freya knew that the question was stupid but she didn't recall knowing what it meant. After the Gemini, she was unsure about a lot of things, but she was going to work with what she had. It's all she could do. Freya turns back around saying "The town should be around here somewhere. Bingo..." she says as she starts to run toward where she saw the quest board on her path. Taking some time to go through the quests she has a bit of issue doing so. Eventually, she finds that question she only caught a glimpse of on paper. She then tries to open her HUD after excepting the quest, "Dam it where the hell is the guild menu...How the hell do I share this stupid thing?" It was clear she was having trouble with the menus on her HUD as she had previously only messed with it a few times before this.

Edited by Freya

Looking to her like she was stupid, Gaius did not think that player killers were some secret news. "Orange is what it means to be a player killer, yanno like killing people for no reason like an ass hat. Or your just a really shitty thief. Makes it a bitch to get around." he shook his head, as he was not usually the one to be describing this sort of crap to other people. "So any idea what floor this shit is supposed to be on?" as he wandered into the still decimated city of Coral. A smile took his face in memory of that mage, the one he pounded into the floor below. He wondered if that assholes shape was still drawn like a chalk outline cookie cutter. Seemed the girl was having some issue with her menu, was rather strange as mostly everyone he met had no issues operating it: Save the big guy in plate armor.

Edited by Gaius

"Stupid piece of shit, just do what I want you too..." After a moment she finally manages to find the shared quest option. "Oh, right party..." as she huffs a bit and goes through the menu again and finally finds what she was looking for. Sending a party invite and shares the quest. Without looking up at him she says "Floor 4 I believe." Hearing him explain about the orange player killers, she closes her menu slightly remembering a conversation like this with another character but couldn't for the life of her remember anything past that. Freya glances at Gaius who had a dumbfounded looked painted across his face. "I am not stupid I'm just..." not fully understanding herself she says "Okay look, Raidou found me in a cave after apparently missing for a year and a half and Eruda told me that I lost some memory or something. Not sure why but after I killed that Gemini thing, it made me realize that I am missing stuff from my noggen. The last thing I remember physically was that first day in the town of beginning with that shadow ghost creep in the sky and his almighty death speech. I can't remember anything after that point so I am soo sorry if I seem a bit stupid in that head of yours." That last sentence was said in a sarcastic mocking voice. She starts walking away to the teleporting thingy that Eruda brought her through.

Accepting it with significantly less trouble than she was having. Gaius shakes his head before commenting on what he was thinking "Back to the damn snow, perfect." He'd been traveling to the floor all too many times recently that he was starting to get sick of it. "Sounds like a lot of shit to deal with, but you'll get over it. I didn't ask for your life story, so how bout we deal with this avalanche then you can tell me the sob story later. Catch you on the flip side." He barks out hopping past Freya onto the pad "Floor 4, Snowfrost!"

A flash of blue light consumes him and his cocky smile, and within seconds he was gone. What takes him first is the obvious chill, both a literal one in the form of cold and a figurative one. "Why have you come to this floor? It will rob you harsher than any other." a low toned voice spoken before it seems to displace. That pain in the ass little girl seemed to have used the gate herself.

Freya chased after him calling out floor 4 as well. Landing on her feet without a thought says "I never said it was a sob story. Just that I don't remember in so many words." Realizing that they were not alone. She looks to the young girl with silver tinted blue hair. At first, glance, though this female was young, looked very lethal in some sort. Freya's eyes dart upward seeing the same icon that labeled her in the same guild. Hearing the last of her words that were meant for Gaius, Freya says "It's a quest that brings us to this cold environment, nothing more. I am Freya, Eruda's twin sister." With a smirk on her face with a short explanation, she glances at Gaius saying "Let carry on, I took to this quest to be in action not stand around a talk. She probably has better things to do anyway. Feel free to tag along if you would like though," giving a grin to the young female. Freya continues on but gives a small shiver moving on from here, as she didn't realize that this quest was in the snowy lands. Wrapping her arms across her chest as she watches her breath escape her face, she walks on not really sure where this thing they were looking for was.

She was a talker, stuck on what he said for what felt like an hour. "Forget about it, I don't want to hear all about what has happened to you. Capiche?" Gaius barked out as she kept on talking toward a random direction "You do realize she's already gone right, or are you that blind. The girl just does that shit." The dragoon boasts as he began to tear through snow up to his shins, a thick wet lumpy mess. Walking through this floor was a damned chore, he was wandering around rather aimlessly having only been on the floor for deliveries and to help other people with their own quests. But this girl would not shut up about her life, and normally the chatty Cathy Gaius was paled in comparison to her constant life story droll. Removing his polearm and pulling his coat tightly to his frame, Gaius had some steam to let off.

It was like she talked to a ghost as the small figure was already gone. Trailing through the snow Gaius walks quickly ahead of her with some short was words that were already obvious to her view. Gaius seemed like the type of person that liked the action more than words. Freya smirks as she sees him pole out his weapon, a two-handed glaive. She could appreciate the no words part, she was not looking to annoy anyone like Sam seemed to do. Freya pulls out her Scythe with a grin and a glance at her map as she says "The constant introductions were getting annoying anyway. The icon points this direction..." She runs to his side as her Scythe drags a deepening trail behind her. Not sure what they would be up against she decided to trust Gaius in the whole heavy hitter aspect knowing that he could most likely one hit anything they came across on this floor. Her face turns with a tilt toward Gaius and competitive smirk forms on her face saying "Race ya to that very large looking rock in the distance. First once there gets to make a meal for the other." Freya darts past him now running as fast as she can toward the destination as the dust of snow blows into Gaius's face.

Edited by Freya

"Deal" Gaius remarks as a sudden shift in the winds carries a staggering parade of the loosely falling flakes into a sudden tear about them. Like a bullet, Gaius seems to blow from the point to the defined exit. What follows is an explosion akin to a blizzard that tosses frost about in all directions like a grenade going off, he was in fact very fast. The girl had no way of knowing that Gaius was a jumper, constantly leaping up and off of varied surfaces just to augment his output. Her smirk would be left unseen, for the dragoon was already well on his way to the target. She'd be cooking that meal, and Gaius being a master chef would be the one judging her every move. Hope she was good at it, she had her work cut out for her the moment she offered this little wager that she had no hope of winning.

His sanctuary disturbed, it was clear he would be unable to continue with this predator at his back. Slowly drawing Dracbane from his back, although his tanking weapon it should suffice fine for anything on this floor. A pungent cloud of red, thick as it was a visible manifestation of his ire. Adjusting the lenses on his nose causing a blinding flare from the dimly lit sky to scatter. What follows is the beast lifting both arms, slamming into Raidou who pushes back twice as hard in a shower of sparks. Dracbane cleaves through its arms, and a quick rip of the blade down slices it in twain. "You should have listened, I am in no mood for interruptions." Raidou spat out, the darkened red fumes building upon the weapon as it drains what little the beast had left. Ripping the sword to one side, it finds its scabbard as the nomad takes a deep breath.

ID# 169904 results: Battle: 2+3+1=6, Hit! vs. Avalanche dealing 9x13=117 damage, killing it! -10 EN

Players
Raidou | HP:1490/1490 | EN:136/146 | DMG:9 | MIT:106 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | LD:8 | VAMP OFF:149 | TAUNT | BH:74

Mobs
Avalanche | HP:100/100 | DMG:40

Edited by Raidou

Breathing a bit heavier than she should be, a gust of wind past her and what leave behind him was a tornado-like swirl with snow everywhere around her. She knew that she was way over her head challenging him, but this... The large winds made her stumble and the more she tried to keep her balance while she ran forward, it just wasn't going to happen because the winds that he caused were just way too strong for her frame. The large gust of wind pushes her forward too fast and Freya trips. Her face is whitewashed by all senses of the words. Pulling her face from the snow, she looks on to Gaius as he stood at the destination. Surprise at what just happened though, she couldn't help but start laughing. Moments later she hears a crashing disturbance in the distance and her HUD chimes upon completion of the quest. Freya starts laughing again and falls onto her back laying in the snow now. "SOMEONE BEAT US TO IT, and I owe you a meal..." Freya just lays there in the snow laughing. 

The notification comes rather quickly, someone had beat them to the punch. There spawn was dead, seemingly aggroed something in the distance, and was made dead. "Damn right you do." Gaius barked a bit happy that they didn't need to traverse much more of the floor. "Let's get the hell out of here, you can try something else later. If you don't start talking my ear off again maybe I'll come with you." the dragoon chuckled leaving the girl lying in the snow, moving back toward the city. He could not help but wonder, if it had been Setsuna that had killed the damn thing. He shrugs as he hops to the gate, looking back to Freya with a smile "See you on the flip side." as the gate flashes and rips him back toward the city of coral, there were more quests to do. Maybe she'd be bearable enough to go with.

Quest Complete:
Freya:

4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)
Gaius:
Raidou:
Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
400*Col
2*T1 Materials
3*Snowfrost [Halves Burn DMG DoT]

Edited by Gaius