[PP-F14] <<The Lich's Calling>> Unexpected Meetings

<<The Lich's Calling>>

Freyd had made his way to the strange ruined barracks in one of the deeper canyons below Blackwatch Castle.  A massive lava flow cut off most of the rest of the area, leaving only an ancient courtyard exposed with a number of half-crumpled barrack-like building around it.  Perhaps it was some sort of parade ground, once.  His contact had given him a lead that agents of the Sundered Spire might have sought refuge in the area.  The castle high above already showed signs of new and increasing activity.  It seemed best to start down here and wait for reinforcements before tackling any larger challenges above.

Things were eerily silent on this floor.  There was so little life about.  Only the slow, molasses-like flows of magma and the occasional screech of some undead or elemental beast ever broke the silence.  It was also strangely soothing.  Freyd was about to investigate further when another figure emerged from the dust and ash that choked the air.  His weapon at the ready, he quickly took refuge behind a rocky outcropping.

@Crozeph

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:118/118 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 59
HP: 1210/1210
EN: 118/118

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4
BH:60
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb [T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1]
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*2
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*1
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
T3 Blank Dungeon Maps*5
Viperion (T3 Toxic Venom)*5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Explorations, Crozeph likes it but he can't do it always. Certain dangers abound on every floor and not just from mobs but from other players also. He knew that and he was all too familiar with the feeling of falling into one. Daeron, Mari, Hidden, and some nutjobs every now and then. It makes him wonder who are the real dangers, The player killers or the monster that Cardinal kept on churning out for them to fight?

His light brown dyed hair was matching some shades of rocks from the area. His attire was now different. He decided that while Baldur was representing the old-school of being a samurai, he might as well represent the Meiji era of being one. His clothes were reminiscent of a general of an army. The black color complimented the white shirt he wore underneath and a cloak covered his left hand while his katana is visible on the right. "The Devil's Hand" or so old people would say, he learned kendo by using his left hand but that doesn't really matter inside a game where everything is out to kill them players.

"Now what am I doing here?" he thought as he scratched his head "there may be something worth repeating so I guess I'll just do it alone" he added. Farming for materials or fighting that Lich somewhere? A decision had to be made but one cannot simply make bricks without clay. He began scrolling in his inventory he opened up and consumed some buffs to up his chances of survival.

Crozeph consumed:
Liquor of Light [DMG III]
Le Beefus Pointus Healthus [T2 Perfect overhealth] 
Super armor tonkatsu ramen [+30 MIT]

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

Crozeph [Level 51]
  | HP: 1050/1050[+90] | EN: 102/102
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30]
  | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Total SP: 213
  Allocated: 202
  Remaining: 11

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Regis Arma: Skadi Alter [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.
    -- ACC +1
    -- Burn +1 Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Burn damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- A huntress trapped in Dun Scaith, she survived and emerged victorious earning the respect of its ruler, Scathach. A huntress carrying the cold and harsh winter with her yet a ferocity likened to a flame now seen in her eyes. Skadi Alter combines two elements and fires it in one go should the wielder harness the same hunting instinct the huntress has. Either one would freeze in from its fierce flames or burn in its searing coldness.
  • Cloak of the  Evening Bells [T3 perfect]
    -- MIT +1

-- EVA +2
    -- 
    "Once worn by a king or a monarch, whichever it was it doesn't matter for anyone who dons this cloak is tasked to take the head of anyone who dares to cross the line and kill, be it humans or monsters." A black cloak with fabric at the collar. It is worn to cover the dominant hand of the wearer and put up an air of monarchy. It can also serve as a protection against attacks though not as efficient as heavy armor but boast its lightweight features to add speed to the wearer.
  • Ars Paulina
    -- Recovery +1

-- ACC +2
    -- 
    Description: "There is a time for everything and to that there is also an end but there is no need to fret for it is to be accepted." A pocket watch made by a powerful mage who possesses ten rings. This silver watch has no intricate designs outside yet its structure inside is powerful enough to restore energy and even make time dilate making its user see things slightly slower than the usual. 

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 4/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  
Edited by Crozeph

Recognizing the man from the battle with Skalaugh, Freyd emerged slowly and with deliberate noise, his hands free of any weapon and in clear sight.  The green icon probably also helped.

"I know you, I think.  Crozeph, right?  We stabbed Skalaugh together."  He considered pulling back his cowl, but the man had never likely seen his face.  Besides, there were enough orange players in the elder tier, and a fair risk that he might simply be a scout for them.

"Are you here for the ruins as well?  I was just about to head in and investigate.  A hidden passage into Blackwatch would be handy, when the time comes."  He gestured upwards with his eyes, towards the towering and fractured bastion overhead.  Freyd kept his distance, for both their sakes.  Stray strands of brown hair fell loose beneath his cowl as he looked up, also revealing a glint of reddish-brown eyes.

"I think there's a quest around here somewhere too.  Care to team up?"

If there's one thing that Crozeph hates about himself when it comes to meeting people, it would be having the strangest core memory of them. This guy is no exception, Crozeph's nickname generator kicked in as soon as he appeared and began telling him about the place "oh it's you, Meteoric Yeet guy" he uttered without hesitation. "Yeah I remember you're moves in that battle, nice to meet you again here" nodded then as he tries to remember the quests and locations mentioned to him "of course, teaming up raises the chances of survival, though doing it solo can assure you of its rewards" he added.

Crozeph finished his preparations and stretched out his hand wearing a black glove hidden under the cloak for a handshake "lead the way, unless you want me to go and do a round-robin until we find whoever we need to find" he told him. Dangerous the place is but two players who can go together can mitigate that or at least that's what Crozeph thinks.

"Yup.  That's me: Meteor Yeet."  It was as apt a description as any other, and certainly appropriate based on his combat style.  Introductions having been made, Freyd offered up a quick party invite as he summoned a tarnished silver sword to hand. The dull red glow from adjacent magma flows shone strangely on its surface, as if the two were playing with one another.  He'd walked out unexpectedly on Crozeph and was prepared to take the lead in recompense.

"Any idea what we're supposed to be facing?  This whole floor is full of flaming and crispy undead... just... like... that guy."  The lone figure of a knight stood before them, with the tatters of what must once have been a green cloak wrapped around his shoulders.  "Isn't that the same type of cloak that the guards in Stonewall wear?  Looks like there may yet be some connections in the lore of this place."

"What's your preference, Cro?  You DPS, like me?  Do I need to let you tank this sucker, or are we good to just wail on him until he's powdered?"

As they watched, two additional skeletal figures clad in priestly garb materials behind him on either side.  Ominous drumming suddenly rumbled off the surrounding canyon walls, and before they knew it, skeletal warrior began to pour out of the surrounded ruined buildings.

"Well... this almost looks yeet-worthy."

Freyd activates Parry. (-5 EN)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:113/118 (-5) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60 | PARRY

Parry cooldown (0/2)

The answer to the question was easy, the king and his minions are residing there. Crozeph knew that, last time he was here he froze the king before it could do something serious to the trio he was part of. He didn't land the killing blow but making the enemy frozen was enough to give a good opening for the others. This time there's only two of them and both are DPS, though Crozeph knew his playstyle was more on debuff. "Shame I didn't bring some nice items with me" he muttered as he eyed the undead before them "I can do DPS but don't expect some nice damage..." he loosened the red fabric covering the blade of Skadi strapped on his side. There was no use making a sheathe for the weapon, the curvature of Skadi was not fit to have a sheath and instead, he covered it with blood-red fabric as if it was a bandage "...I can at least freeze them in place if I get lucky enough" he added.

"A king and some of his undead knights, unless they're some king of round table and Arthurian legend we won't have problems dealing with them," he told Meteor Yeet. Things might get out of hand but not on his watch, he has first aid and that should be enough to keep both of them alive for this.

Crozeph: | HP: 1140/1140[+90] | EN: 102/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30] | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

"Fair enough.   Why don't I start by clearing us a little space, then you can go smite that boss-thing in the noggin."  Without waiting for a reply, Freyd charged ahead.

Zipping across the broken arena, he resembled a pinball crashing back and forth between the various skeletal warriors and liches, crashing and clashing into them with his blade.  Their enemies faltered and fell before the onslaught.  The Lich King gathered their energies into himself as they fell, but seemed no better or stronger for it.

"Heh.  Needed us to target you too, didn't you, boss?  Sorry to disappoint!"  Waving Crozeph on, Freyd did his best to keep the Lich's attention distracted.  More soldiers were already streaming out of the barracks, but he didn't expect the lich to last all that long.  By the colour and trim of its armor and other regalia, it had surely been one of the fabled green cloaks that formerly guarded this land.  What fate befell these people that turned them from protectors to this cursed undead plague upon their own people?

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:97/118 (-16) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60 | PARRY
Crozeph: | HP: 1140/1140[+90] | EN: 102/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30] | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Calamity Disaster (x12 AoE + 8 for hits) = 20 EN – (rested, finesse 3) = 16 EN

ID #169688, BD: 5 + 4 = 9 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*19 = 228) damage to Shambling Soldier #1
ID #169689, BD: 4 + 4 = 8 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*19 = 228) damage to Shambling Soldier #2
ID #169690, BD: 8 + 4 = 12 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*25 = 300) damage to Skeletal Lich #1
ID #,169691 BD: 5 + 4 = 9 (hit).  Freyd deals (12*19 = 228) damage to Skeletal Lich #2.

[H: 0, 0] Lich King | HP 350/350 | DMG 400

When an allied Skeleton falters while he is still alive. He heals himself for the maximum amount of HP that skeleton had.

Shambling Soldier #1 | HP 100/100 | DMG 140 (100-228)
Shambling Soldier #2 | HP 100/100 | DMG 140 (100-228)

If not killed immediately they will begin to attack each other.

Skeletal Lich #1 | HP 100/100 | DMG n/a (100-300)
Skeletal Lich #2 | HP 100/100 | DMG n/a (100-228)

Dark Coil - Heals allied Undead for 20 health per turn. (Cannot attack enemies)

Crozeph was more than impressed by what Meteor Yeet's assault on the mobs that came out all over the place. A lot of them are really familiar to him but that was short-lived with how they were easily dealt with "very impressive, I rarely see players who are capable of dishing out that much in one swoop" he told him. The felled enemies are easily gobbled up and were used as a footstool of the Lich King's power but that meant nothing if he is about to get smacc by two players who excel at damage dealing.

Skadi's sharp edge gleamed as he moved into to follow-up the attack done by Freyd or to Crozeph, Meteor Yeet. The Lich King was Strong but that would mean it has its flaws and Crozeph knew that exactly "their programming is not that deep..." he made a wide swing from his right to which the king turned his eyes to see if he could block it. "Fell right into the feint," he thought as he suddenly switched the direction of the sharp edge and pivoted his body to make the direction of the swing to begin from the left. 

The attack landed on the king's hip making it groan faintly, it was successful but Crozeph could see that it won't go down so easily with just one shift of his attack. As the king lost balance, Crozeph followed through with slashes in the neck and shoulder as if he was trying to paralyze it "welp, Skadi is not in the mood today" he muttered as he signaled to Freyd with his right hand. The king isn't going to let that humiliation slide though, it began to stand up quick and swung its sword down on Crozeph. "Persistent" he thought as the sword created enough force to damage him despite block it. To add more annoyance, the Lich King managed to lodge the sword on his right shoulder "very persistent" Crozeph ducked and switched the katana to the blunt side striking the king right at the temple of its skull. Both of them jumped back after the clash to which Crozeph saw his HP dropped a considerable amount.

ID: 169931 BD: 8 + 4 = 12 success I CD: 6 [Recovery proc] +4 energy
Crozeph dealt 21 x 15 San Ge = 315 damage to Lich King

ID: 170519 MD: 9 critical
Lich King dealt 400 +1 critical = 401 -75 MIT = 326 damage to Crozeph

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:97/118 (-16) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60 | PARRY
Crozeph: | HP: 814/1140 | EN: 94/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30] | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

[H: 0, 1] Lich King | HP 35/350 | DMG 400

Edited by Crozeph

Freyd watched as the Lich King's malevolent eyes flared with green energy.  Maybe feeding him all of those minions wasn't such a good idea after all?  The notion was confirmed an instant later when the dread undead sunk his dark blade into his companions digital flesh with remarkable ease.  His enemy's attention distracted, Freyd closed for the kill, swing his blade high only to watch in amazement and concern as this lord of death caught his tarnished blade with his other gauntleted hand.  

Stunned, Freyd's head tilted to the side confirming that their enemy had indeed caught his strike, and did not somehow have a secret third arm with a shield strapped to his back.

"Well... shit.  That's not good."

The Lich King flung Freyd and blade aside with unnatural strength, sending both skittering across the stone floor.  The Whisper reclaimed his weapon as more skeletal minions closed in around them.

"Now, Cro!  Smash his face in!"

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:96/118 (-16) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60 | PARRY
Crozeph: | HP: 814/1140 | EN: 94/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30] | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = Missed (2 EN + 1 turn recovery) = 1 EN

ID #171167 | BD: 1 (miss)

"Easier said than done!" the Lich King's attention returned to Crozeph and slammed its sword at the player again. Crozeph on the other hand isn't gonna let that slide, quickly jumping back to do an Iaijutsu stance, Crozeph made a quick slash enough for the king to not catch it just like what it did to Freyd's attack. That, however, was a mistake Crozeph didn't foresee, the Lich King used its sword to actually deflect his katana and with that, a counter-attack was guaranteed. "Impressive" Crozeph muttered and switched the position of his blade to block but that however was a blunder also.

He knew it, he was not the type to defend yet with how close the two are to each other, evading seemed impossible. Crozeph winced at the sight of his HP but it was then followed by a grin, he hated being like these, and them having a fight was enough to amuse him "like a cockroach huh? persistent" he muttered as he rested his katana on his shoulder, his stance to follow up Freyd's attack or finish it off himself

Battle healing [+30 HP]
ID: 171206 BD: 1 [miss] CD: 9 [Recovery proc] +3 EN
ID: 171207 MD: 8 - 2 EVA = 6 success
Lich King dealt 400 - 75 MIT = 325 damage to Crozeph

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:96/118 (-16) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60 | PARRY
Crozeph: | HP: 519/1140 | EN: 95/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30] | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Edited by Crozeph

Another wave of skeletal warriors was now upon them.  "Where the heck are all of these coming from?"  A seemingly endless number of them continued to pour out of the ruined barracks around the square.  The Lich King cackled madly as chaos surged around him.  It was like a single grand melee with Crozeph and Freyd trapped in the middle.  The two skeleton armies clashed as if still trying to resolve some ancient and long-pointless feud, likely also deliberately caused by their unliving lord.

Watching Crozeph's health bar dip into the yellow was enough cause for alarm.  The game just got real again.  Freyd couldn't risk healing the king with a broader attack.  The lich had to die first.  Weaving his way through a warring battlefield, he caught up to the lich and swung precisely, severing the monster's head and sending it flying into the melee.

The raging battle around them ceased immediately.  All of the surrounding skeletons disintegrated into dust, their weapons and armor instantly turning to dust in a great roiling whirlwind that vanished into thin air.

Freyd held out a hand to help Crozeph.  "Are you alright there?  Seems like he clipped you a few times more than he was meant to be able."

Astral Hell (x7) = 7 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 3 EN

ID #171314 | BD: 4 + 4 = 8 (hit).  Freyd deals (7*19 = 133) damage to The Lich King.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1210/1210 | EN:93/118 (-3) | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:60 | PARRY
Crozeph: | HP: 519/1140 | EN: 95/102 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18[+3] | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45[+30] | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Shambling Soldier #3 | HP 100/100 | DMG 140
Shambling Soldier #4 | HP 100/100 | DMG 140

Shambling soldiers will only fight each other, and can be ignored once the king dies. 

Crozeph grabbed Freyd's hand and stood up "Nah, this is just a scratch..." he wrapped the fabric around Skadi's blade after standing "...a really big scratch" he added. The fight ended quite well despite him dipping down the yellow zone in terms of health points. A feeling of adrenaline almost overtook him but lessons he took from Ariel and Baldur were enough to keep him calm and Hidden's one reminder kept his attacks in check. "It's been a while since I got hit really hard by mobs, Yamata No Orochi, and some random mobs got me as good as the king did," he told him.

The castle was now empty of danger, not that it won't respawn again. Danger always returns in places like this and while the two of them weren't as good as the combination of what Night and Yuki are, they did well and held their own in the quest. "Shame we can only claim some rewards and not the castle itself, I'd name this place Rockfall" Crozeph strapped his katana on his back after wrapping the fabric "despite looking really bad, we did finish it fast enough then when I did it last time." 

"Heh," Freyd chuckled.  "A very big scratch, indeed.  You had me worried for a moment.  I'm glad to see that it wasn't any worse."  His hooded head tilted as he looked over Crozeph's injuries.  They would heal, in time, but were severe enough to have warranted some concern.

"I was planning on investigating further for signs of Sundered Spire activity here, but based on that encounter alone, I have to wonder whether that's still a good idea."  Freyd looked up at the great fortified spans of stone, timber and metal above.  Lights flickered in different areas, suggesting renewed occupancy, but getting up there would be no mean feat.  Even if the pair of them combined their efforts, it might not be wise.

"Wait a sec... Crozeph... of Jacob's Ladder?  I've heard of your guild through Mari, though not in much detail.  What's it like?"  The truth was that Freyd knew almost nothing about the guild, save its name and general purpose.  This seemed like as good an opportunity to gather more info any other he might get.

THe mention of Sundered Spire was new to Crozeph. He was never the type to search for something even though he explores Aincrad a lot, dungeons are where his attention is. "Sundered Spire? is that some kind of guild? though it sounds more of a dragon to me?" he replied to Freyd. The last time he was here there are no mentions of it, perhaps Cardinal is updating its system without them knowing when and how "that cursed program" he said to himself as he pondered about it.

He raised his two thumbs up on Freyd voicing his concern about their fight earlier "yeah shit happens but we know how to wipe our butts" he told him "as for Jacob's Ladder..." he tried to remember how normal the guild is and began speaking what was on his mind "it's a pretty normal guild, though we have two members who likes to go around shirtless" he said "never thought Mari would mention my name to others, I guess she is suffering from being popular" he added. "The only thing that is not normal I guess is the huge estate Baldur acquired for the guild and his house but it's not a bad thing, other than that we're a normal guild everyday."

"Funny that you should put it that way, "  Freyd chuckled.  "Remember Skalaugh - the huge crystal dragon boss under the Cratered Lake?  He was part of their group, as were all the other mobs and minions he'd gathered that day."  Freyd walked as he talked, ensuring that they remained clear of the area in case of the respawn.  This wouldn't be the place for a repeat of the Bacon Bits incident, especially with Crozeph still healing.

"The Sundered Spire are a faction of mobs that seem to have developed the ability to retain memories when they die and respawn.  It's left them... prickly, and rather irate at the players who cause their repeated deaths.  Skalaugh, unfortunately, was just the tip of the ice berg.  I'm been piecing together bits of lore about them for weeks.  Unfortunately, I didn't know their full plans regarding Coral, though Mari, Cordelia and I managed to foil a second attack from the woods surrounding Coral.  If both had come to pass, it would have been very bad."

"Shit just got real I guess" he said as he listened to Freyd tell him about the Sundered Spire. Skalaugh, mobs with memories retained, and a town saved by Meteor Yeet, things are getting serious on his end. The mention of Mari made sense for Crozeph "oh so that's how you met her" he told him. He wasn't ready for the mention of Cordelia though, he knew that girl was some kind of princess in Baldur's unofficial "Shinsengumi" or his dojo. "Welp I guess she wasn't to be busy every now and then without Baldur" assuming that Cordelia has always been with him. 

"Sundered Spire, I'd like to help but I more of on explorations and it has its own dangers also but if I can I will join you on that" he couldn't think of a way to actually help with how he is now but maybe someday "as for this place, I don't think there was any signs of Sundered Spire yet but we still need to watch out" he added. 

Freyd simply pointed upwards at Crozeph comments, the ruins of Blackwatch castle looming oppressively above them.  There were signs aplenty, if you knew where to look, and it was basically Freyd's appointed role to be the finder of such things.  "I've spent as much time as I could spare mopping up stragglers and seeking out loose ends that might produce leads.  It's become a bit of a wild goose chase.  The rest of the Spire seems to have smartened up and gone to ground.  The only thing I..."

Pausing mid-sentence, Freyd wandered over to a fragment of armor buried in the ash-laden ground.  It wasn't uncommon to find stray pieces of equipment strewn across this floor.  They made up many of the material spawn nodes in the volcanic and ruined areas.  Something had caught his eye with this piece.  Crouching low, he checked around it to ensure that no traps or other malicious devices might be at work.  It was nothing more than the front half of a stray breastplate, badly burnt and battered, but still bearing the emblem of a night lily.

"This is dark elf armor," he stated curiously.  "What's it doing here?"

Crozeph chuckled as Freyd detailed his travels looking for the Sundered Spire or its remnants "it's crazy how these creatures can find their way of hiding from us but I do agree with you, loose ends can produce leads" he said. If there's anything he learned from getting himself tangled with James and Carmilla, it was that loose ends tend to be the biggest leads and it all goes unnoticed if one is careless which something he can't see in Freyd. He saw how Meteor Yeet fought and now he's searching for some group of mobs who are as dangerous as Skalaugh if left alone.

Then Freyd turning his attention on an armor made Crozeph raise a brow "found something?" he asked. An armor, he wasn't familiar with kinds of armor. He only knew the western style and the east and its samurai or Chinese inspired armors but it seems that Freyd is keen to details "dark elf armor..." he walked closer and to his dismay to himself, it was obviously an armor. He wasn't paying attention to the garb of the people in Underdark and now he took notes from Meteor Yeet for future references "considering this floor is inhabited by humans as NPCs, that armor is out of place" he said "if what you say is true then maybe there is something more here" he added. Crozeph's thoughts were then shifting to how it got in floor 14 "either someone wearing it got dragged in here or there's a path connected that we don't know yet" he thought as he watched Freyd investigate it further.

"I encountered a lone member of the Spire recently - one I had killed before, with the promise of finding him anew.  It turns out that he found me instead.  Regardless, he was concerned about escaping the Spire's clutches.  It seems that whoever is behind the group isn't above fomenting hate of players as a means of unifying their rank and file, which using them to suit their own agenda.  I helped rescue his wife from the ruined dark elf city on floor 23.  She wore armor bearing the same sigil."  Freyd held up the broken piece of plate armor and showed Crozeph the lily.  "This is the symbol of the royal guard, direct servants and agents of Lun'Rael, their queen.  She apparently sacrificed herself and her kingdom so that her people could escape."  Evidence suggested that someone was trying to eliminate the remaining members of the Order of the Night Lily, perhaps for political gain in the vacuum left by their monarch's death.  He stored the ruined chest plate in his inventory for later and more detailed review.

"Dark elves marshalled in large numbers on floor 21, before the Battle of the Cratered Lake, but I didn't see nearly enough of them on the actual field."  Freyd grimaced.  "It's not much, but it's something.  I need to go check out some other sites.  Thanks again for your assistance today, and... say hello to Mari, if you see her."  Freyd sent Crozeph a quick friend request and made ready to depart, his head filled with new possibilities.

"Sure I'll say hello to her for you, that is if I get to see her" he replied and watched as Freyd left the area "speaking of, I haven't seen her lately," he thought to himself. Crozeph watched as his HP regenerated, it was a battle that probably was enough to keep them both on guard, and managed to defeat it before the Lich king could end his life. There was also new information from Freyd, the Sundered Spire. While it may hold little value to Crozeph for now, keeping notes of it would be handy for Freyd should Crozeph encounter him again "a little lead goes a long way if used correctly" he told himself.

Now his best course of action is to return to a different settlement and try to think of how to get Shirogane moving "I still need to help that girl" he thought. He opened his message menu and wrote a draft about Sundered Spire, Freyd, and that elf armor they found in a floor that human inhabits "there, that should help me remember it in the future" he said to himself before making his way out of the area again.

Thread Summary

3 SP [Quest] +1 SP [Page Completion] + 1 Bonus SP [Quarantine Bonus] = 2 SP [Crozeph], 5 SP [Freyd]
400 col [page completion] = 200 col/player
<<Darkness Salve>> Increases Mitigation by 20 at the cost of 3 DMG. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.

Edited by Crozeph