[PP-F20] So Much for Soft Kitty... <SoW5: Pouncing Puma>>

<<SoW 5: Pouncing Puma>>

With their business on floor 19 officially concluded, Freyd was already reorganizing his gear for the next part of the chain.  A quick look over towards the vanguard captain was enough for him to tell that Raidou had taken a walloping, yet he already seemed to be recovering just fine.  The red wanderer's endurance was never to be underestimated.  He'd seen it time and time again.  How had no one else realized what this man was?  That was on them.  If they couldn't see it, he certainly wasn't going to spill the secrets of Raidou's brilliance.  Let the world find out on its own damned time.  

Their voyage back to Ralberg was quick and occurred in silence.  They'd both done their homework and prepared.  Speech would be redundant and waste time.  "Inti-" Freyd spoke as his still dust-covered hand touched the portal.  Heat and brilliant sunshine washed over him an instant later.  He almost longed for Angel Point's cool, damp miasma, for a brief moment.  At least this settlement offered a decent vantage of most of the floor.  There were only so many places that their next quarry was likely to be lurking.

@Raidou

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:139/139 | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63

Spoiler

Consumed/Applied:

Cotton Candy Puffs (ACC 2) [169222] + FILLED
Blue Meringue (EVA 1) [160745]
Assortment of Fuzzy-Looking Meatballs (Protein 2) [165678]
Liquor of Light (DMG 3) [167338-1]
Divine Wait (T3 - MIT 3) [166925]
Field Rations +2 (+120 HP) [http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19871-f13-merchant-freyd-edges-safe-zone/?do=findComment&comment=623998]

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 62
HP: 1270/1270 + 120
EN: 139/139

Stats:
Damage: 19 + 3 + 2 = 24
Mitigation: 79 + 45 - 30 = 94
Evasion: 2 + 1 = 3
Accuracy: 4 + 3 = 7
BH:63
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*1
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

A parading swarm of screaming wings was the first to assail his senses as he followed Freyd through the gate. Buffs consumed mere moments after the priors quests completion, his HP refilling to full before the dust was removed from his shoulders. His robe materializes and from his pocket, a pair of lenses are removed back to his face. A sense of comfort and identity wraps around his frame. Overseeing most of the floor in a sea of emerald green, tropical and stagnant in clinging moisture. Removing a black book from his pocket in the same, reading from the page his own calculations more as a formality to make sure that which was locked in was accurate. A cat, and given the environment a big one.

A bit of red flowed from his robe as if the color was running off of it through the air. He'd defer to his companion for this for their eyes in tandem would offer a much bigger scope. "I'd assume to the north." the nomad comments in a brief exchange "Where its most dense, If I were trying to hide..."

Raidou consumes: Titan's Strength (+3 Base), Elixir of Vitality [Compound:3] (+135 Max HP), Fish Cakes with Anchovy Paste (+45 Miti), Lavender Lemon Bar (+2 Eva), Poached Egg (+3 Acc/Filled)

Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:150/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83

Spoiler

Raidou, Firm Anima Vanguard Captain
Level: 75
HP: 1665/1665
EN: 150/150

Stats:
Damage: 21
Mitigation: 151
Evasion: 6
Accuracy: 6
BH:83

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Mass Heal Crystal*5
Lullaby 2 (Masterpiece/Instant)*1
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]
Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

"Agreed."  Freyd's tarnished blade was already in his hands, despite them not having yet left the safe zone around the portal.  He was either concerned about something, or pre-emptively preparing for this particular boss's penchant for attacks from stealth.  "This one's going to think itself clever, but judicious use of parry and stuns should keep it from making too much of a nuisance.  Damn.  I didn't bother bringing a lullaby.  After crossing blades with Uso-Tsuki for what felt like hours, you'd think I'd have learned my lesson."

Freyd led them out the nearest gate, bound for their assumed destination.  He was already scouring the ground for clues with his gaze, though he knew Raidou was still his equal or better in such respects.  Anyone can still get lucky.

"Resources are going to get stretched thin with this new dungeon popping up just as the front lines are getting ready to assault the next floor boss."  This was just shop talk.  Freyd was as much of a logistician as Raidou, though they went about things different ways.  "I'm churning through available consumables, and passing them out as best I can to avoid putting too much pressure on the guild vault.  If you need any mats, let me know.  I'm sitting on a mountain of the things."

Freyd activates Parry (-5 EN)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:134/139 (-5) | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | PARRY

OOC: Lol what we don't need to search for this one?

A shared understanding as Freyd was already well equipped and raring to go. "They always do, the cardinal instills them with this foolhardy determination and ego. In all its wisdom a fatal flaw, it forgot to show them fear." Raidou commented as he removed the prepared crystal from his pocket, and tossed it to Freyd as he'd likely be the first to act and exploit his ever growing strength. "I have yet to undertake or purchase the info myself, I'd be interested in a diagnostic if you can write one up for me." Raidou spoke at the principle that he may be able to skip a visit to the brokers, accepting the teaching from Freyd. "We always have more to learn. I appreciate the sentiment, but I do alright. If you wish to distribute it to the others, they may just be able to aid in keeping it stocked all their own." Raidou spoke looking at the machine, the gears turning but needing replacement. At the whispers heels, a storm of fury behind amber in a strange contrasted reflection as if through water. Easily Freyd could wear his robe, and perhaps with another perspective. All according to plan the words raced through his head as a mirror of glass shielded his eyes.

Free Action: Lullaby 2 (Instant) passed to Freyd

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte -6 EN

Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:144/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Freyd accepted the crystal, appreciative of the opportunity to experiment with it.  "I've never actually used one of these.  Thanks!"  His smile was almost child-like in the manner that a youngster might imagine all of the potential and possibilities of a newfound toy.  

"I won't even pretend to keep up with your crafting insanity," Freyd replied, having examined and tucked the crystal away in his ready inventory.  So much complexity in the system remained a mystery to him.  Raidou might be counted among them.  The guild's enigmatic leader's true motivations had never been declared.  What did Raidou want?  He was too detail-oriented to merely wish to 'get everyone out.'   Even if that were the end of it, he was the type of man who would actually have a strategy to achieve it - some grand master plan, or a formula.  A bulb went off in Freyd's mind, or perhaps an electronic contact might be a better analogy.  Firm Anima.  Its members.  His hands-off approach to leadership.  How he interacted with others.  It wasn't coincidental - any more than Freyd's own interactions.  This man was his mirror, in many ways.  He was brewing something.

Glancing at the red wanderer from the corner of his eyes, and beneath the shadow of his cowl, Freyd allowed himself a grin of satisfaction.  Here was a true puzzle worth exploring.

Freyd add Lullaby 2 (instant) to his Battle-Ready inventory.

The treeline thickened overhead, as they ushered on in silence "It is nothing if you ever need more Shiina is part of your division. A word of warning she is... odd. but fearless." A featureless exchange between them as he knew that Freyd was keeping just as mobile as he. It was understandable given the songstress wanderlust nature and his own momentum made a meeting difficult. "A means to an end, wars need weapons." The wanderer explored an old notion that was a foundation. The shared silence spoke leagues, as they listened intently to the forest around them. A panther was hiding upon the leaves, watching and waiting with the assumption that it would find some weakness. It would be quite some time before it lay exposed, for these were seekers and trackers. Nothing lay obscured for long, these were no ordinary players but those that lay traps ahead of moves waiting for you to step in and lose a limb.

"They do, don't they?"  It was a rhetorical question.  "Strange how so many have gathered around you, particularly those of the bipedal variety.  And now you mention that Shiina is in my division."  Freyd spared a sideways glance at his companion before having to blink.  A stray beam of light had somehow penetrated the canopy and caught his glasses for an inopportune glare.  Inopportune, indeed.  "Interesting, how the most lethal ones seem to get assigned to me."  It was an observation, not a complaint.  Freyd knew that his personality was well-suited to the task, and he that he was the most logical choice given Raidou's options.  He'd have put him in charge too.

He went silent for a time, watching for the enemy to make its appearance, and weighing various options and scenarios for the bigger picture.  "What is it that's gnawing at you Raidou?"  It was direct, but nothing less was deserved.  "A craftsman builds a weapon.  An alchemist follows his formula.  You're no coward, yet you're setting up an 'arsenal' to fight a war you don't seem to be expecting to lead."  Less direct, but no less warranted.  "Why do you not expect to be there?"

Freyd felt strangely like a piece on a chess board, realizing that Raidou didn't see himself a set piece, but as they player himself.  

The silence between them broke, an exchange between two minds had finally reached a focal point. The nomad knew that one day someone would ask. "Gnawing at me would be an incorrect factor. What I have planned and set up is but a fact. Weapons are not a material thing, as one would be led to believe but a solution. When I say weapons, I mean those under our coat of arms." He'd pause for a moment, choosing what to say next with a tinge of a grin forming upon the wanderer's lips at Freyd's method of gleaning his motives with an alchemy comparison. "Indeed and when that formula does not work, does not produce what you're after you must change it. I am no coward, but I am not ignorant enough to believe that I will always be here. The fact of the matter is, I am the first to be in the fray and the last to leave. The first to take a cut and the last one off the ship. If I were to somehow survive this, it would be nothing short of a miracle." Raidou commented with his acceptance of what was to be. One could not hope to win against such overwhelming odds without sacrificing a few pieces, but that piece could be chosen and if done correctly no more would be lost then necessary before the king fell.

Edited by Raidou

"A king who fancies himself a pawn, yet plays the field like a master?"  Freyd was solemn as he spoke.  "You've been brewing a legacy, haven't you?  But you're not a pawn, you're a rook, and you'd castle and protect every other piece behind you, if you could - regardless of who they may be or what they might have done.  It's why you look out for everyone.  You're absurd generosity suddenly makes perfect sense."  He could see the Wanderer watching him as Freyd attempted to decipher him.  "The mantra of a tank is that they must not fall.  But the destiny of the tank can only be to fall, eventually."  He thought he understood Raidou better now, at least in some small way.

"When the day comes and players are freed from this... place..."  Freyd could not bring himself to call it a prison.  For him, it felt more like home than anywhere else every had.  "I do not expect to leave."  It was a rare admission, but Freyd felt more complete in this world, and more human than he had ever felt in the other one.  That sense of achievement and growth was difficult to ever consider abandoning.  It was more than he had achieved in the last decade of allegedly 'real' life.  He clung to it like a drowning man would to a life preserver.  It was illogical, and he loved it.

Slowing his pace to fall in line with Raidou, he made a deliberate show of walking with him as an equal.  "You're not allowed to fall, captain.  Otherwise, I'm going to fail at getting you out of here.  That would be unacceptable."

Another silence fell, a memory of another contract and promise made. This one was much lighter but the end was the same, another that wished to alter his fate. "I have, this robe used to stand for something else entirely but now. I would wish it to continue on without me, for my teachings to continue to ring through. Chess is a good way to read this place, there are two forces, and pieces must be sacrificed by both. Sundered Spire is the answer to us, as we are to them. Strange who I was before seems to no longer matter, It has not for what seems like ages so much that I have forgotten what I was like." he spoke in a stop and a removal of his lenses, wiping them with his robe.

"When the day comes and players are freed from this prison, I will not promise I will be among them for as you say I am the rook. The first one that will be to fall should I be on the board, all I ask should that day arise is you do not hesitate to replace me. Kiluia would mourn, Eruda would fall to dispair. Haine would break down but you Freyd. You would not hesitate to make it mean something and keep walking forward." spoken as a decree, for this was who he was: an ideal

Freyd stopped.  He wasn't really surprised, but it still felt strange to hear it out loud.  "Me?"  Raidou had actually stunned him to silence.  This was a lot to compute, and a flippant remark would fracture the magnitude of the moment.  He pulled back his cowl, in recognition of Raidou's removal of his glasses.  His eyes searched his companion's for a long minute, trying to assess the truth of it, until the subtle careworn lines along their edges acquiesced.  His age showed.  "Figures," he concluded.  "It's logical and well-reasoned."  His brow furrowed as he processed the profound consequences of his next words, then finally accepted them because he'd done so countless times and would countless more.  He could accept anything, if it meant achieving his goals.  That was the measure of his resolve, and he knew full well that Raidou had seen it the moment they had met.  He was a clever one.

"Alright," he said, still paused, then turned to resume what seemed like an increasingly symbolic and relentless walk forward towards whatever lay before them.  Freyd's shoulders seemed to slump for the barest fragment of time, then resumed their normal breadth.  His next words were but a whisper, but they cut through the ambient noise like an arrow.  "But, you need to tell me what that robe used to stand for, why it changed, and what it stands for now.  If I'm carrying your effigy after you die, you're damned well going to tell me what it means." 

Freyd didn't stop - would never stop now - knowing now that the Red Wanderer would always follow.

"I thought so, its hard for some to put emotion aside and do what must be done. Eruda still does not get it that I cannot reflect her feelings in the way she wishes. Hidden assumes that I can just freely choose to be selfish and save my own skin. Kiluia would become so fueled with rage, the very same I share so I understand." He spoke as he feverishly worked those lenses, they were doing what they were supposed to. A dulled stare with a lack of emotion, simple and plain with honesty.

There were others he'd mention but it would not matter, the point being that emotion had a charge on each of them. "This little piece of cloth was given to me by Eruda, long before Firm Anima was formed, two years ago when I was much darker. The skills I own are due to the fact I used to sell information. My name was not Raidou, it was the Red Wanderer given to me by those that wished to shove a knife in my back for what I knew."

He'd hold the clump of fabric steady, still tried and true in the crimson red. "It was a gift and my first, I wore it with pride even while I continued to exploit those around me for coin. It was then in one of my escapades I met a blue haired girl. Haine." He'd add the lenses back to his face, as fond memory began to play in his head. It seemed like a lifetime since a moment of humanity on floor 4, one that he was convinced still lay dormant beneath all of what he must do suffocating it.

Opening his menu and pulling out a small black book, a tome of a man prior that still held a price and with it a contract. "This is the red wanderer, as is the robe. With this robe some saw fear and violence that would do anything for material gain. I forsake that life and chose Kiluia, Haine and Ruri over it. They showed me what I was missing." Spoken as he held aloft this tiny black leather object, that had been with him for what was just as long. "I chose them, and stole the name that I was branded with. I twisted it in what It needed to be, instead of a walking moniker for destruction and turmoil. An ill omen it would become something greater. A banner to which to seek shelter."

He'd allow the book to flash away, within it years of information cataloged to the page eager to be shared carefully to the right people. "So Freyd you ask what this effigy means? It used to mean death and despair, and now it means the opposite: Hope."

Vanity Tag: @Hidden

Edited by Raidou

“Hope,” he repeated.  It was the fuel for purpose.  Freyd wasn’t sure if he actually had any.  It was nearly a foreign concept to him.  Things merely were, or needed to be or not be.  Everything was weighed against everything else as a measure of what most needed to get done.  Hope?  It was something to be given to others, in his eyes.  But that seemed to be the Wanderer’s point.  Damn.  He needed to change the topic while he processed the gravity of their conversation.

“Is that what the glasses are really about?  Reflecting the rage back inward, to keep it contained?  If so, it’s not an unfamiliar experience.”  Freyd did not elaborate on his own inner darkness. Those struggles had caused enough grief recently.

“Info broker, eh?  That explains the book, and also why you seemed to appreciate my paper reports when I first joined the guild.”  He chuckled softly at the memory.

Something startled a series of birds from a nearby branch.  A glance to meet their eyes was all that was required.  Both prepared for their next shared challenge.

"The glasses just remind me that I am still human, so In a way yes. It's rather easy for those without the need for hope to share it. Those reports are detailed enough to build plans on, save time and effort, and allow for more useful expenditures. They could easily match my own." Raidou spoke honestly to Freyd, sharing the very same confusion on how big of a part it played. He may not understand its gravity, but he knew it to be useful. Scattering in the brush brought about a flock of fauna avoiding some predator, and that very same silence washed over them both. Words fell away and in their wake drawn blades as the red wanderer flipped the switch back to the position it normally took. They were not alone, and it figured that discussing something with so much gravity would beckon the cardinal to intervene. After all, they were discussing its demise. A simple nod to his companion, for this conversation, could wait till a later inquiry.

Freyd seemed to split in two as he shifted right but his shadowy duplicate darted to the left.  It was an eerie and surprising sight.  Having only recently recovered use of the ability since the... second defeat... of his Gemini, Freyd remained reticent to use it.  Current circumstances seemed to warrant the risk.  Melding into the surrounding landscape, the two Whispers moved to flank the presumed position of their quarry, only to discover that they had flushed nothing more dangerous than some sort of simple primate.  The two Freyds stood up, annoyed at having been distracted by a simple monkey, which was precisely when their actual prey pounced, scattering the duplicate shadow.  The real Freyd was caught off guard and swung wildly as he simultaneously tried to dodge the unexpected attack.  Scrambling back to his feet, he resumed his guard.

"I guess I should be glad it chose the other me."

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:137/139 (-2) | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 (+1) | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | PARRY
Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:150/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN – (Rested, Finesse 3) = 9 EN

ID #170810 | BD: 1 (miss).  Freyd misses Suterusu

Freyd activates Disguise.

Suterusu | HP:1,000/,1000 | DMG: 250 | MIT:25 | ACC:1 | EVA:3

Stealth: Every three rounds, «Suterusu» will enter stealth. An LD rating is not needed to be rolled for this, and it has a base stealth of 18. If the player is unable to find «Suterusu», «Suterusu» will leap from stealth and attack, gaining a +50 damage for the attack. Also, if a 9-10 is rolled, it gains a Partial Phase, ignoring 25% of Mitigation.

Cunning Dodge: On a player's natural attack roll of 9, it is not guaranteed as a hit, and is still affected by Evasion and Accuracy.

Unsteady Ground: This fight takes place in a rocky terrain with many broken stones and statues scattered, giving a -1 Accuracy to every player due to the area where they are fighting.

His steel flashed, as a spector duplication of Freyd shimmered and fades upon the addition of blackened fur. Blindsiding it with a glowing yellow sword before a reddened miasma follows suit. It falls and scatters, having clipped a leg causes it to spiral off kilter. Its eyes peel into porcelain as the poison takes hold, Raidou was attacking its mind as well as its body. To its vision, the world becomes nothing more than a dimly lit cavern to which all was hazed and unclear. Excluding the swordsman, as he rights his blade, pulling it up at an angle as the barricade is erected. "Your interruption although expected to come, is difficult... But I suppose another time will suffice. Back on topic, I hope your regrets in your failure are not too great. You've bitten off more than you can possibly chew, don't choke on it." The nomad taunts with a reflection of glass.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:137/139 | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 (+1) | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | PARRY
Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:140/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) = 13 EN – (Finesse 3) = 10 EN

ID# 170811 results: Battle: 5+6-3-1-1=6, Hit!

Raidou Activates Concentration! [0/3]

Raw: 25x13=325-25=300 DMG vs. Suterusu!

ID# 170812 results: MOB: 4+1-5=0, Missed vs. Raidou!

(0,2) Suterusu | HP:700/,1000 | DMG: 250 | MIT:25 | ACC:1 | EVA:3

Stealth: Every three rounds, «Suterusu» will enter stealth. An LD rating is not needed to be rolled for this, and it has a base stealth of 18. If the player is unable to find «Suterusu», «Suterusu» will leap from stealth and attack, gaining a +50 damage for the attack. Also, if a 9-10 is rolled, it gains a Partial Phase, ignoring 25% of Mitigation.

Cunning Dodge: On a player's natural attack roll of 9, it is not guaranteed as a hit, and is still affected by Evasion and Accuracy.

Unsteady Ground: This fight takes place in a rocky terrain with many broken stones and statues scattered, giving a -1 Accuracy to every player due to the area where they are fighting.

Edited by Raidou

Still dazzled and dazed by the lullaby, the giant puma sought to feebly blink and and wipe its grogginess away.  Not so easily, would it do so.  Freyd maneuvered himself opposite to Raidou and assaulted it from the side, slashing a deep gash into its flank and slowing it further.  The beast was powerful, but outclassed.  It was likely beginning to realize it, which made it reckless and more dangerous.  

"It's going to bolt if we let it escape."  The cat's ears perked up as it tried to better orient itself to face its assailants.  Freyd shifted to make it seem like there were more than just the two of them.  "Keep it pinned between us and we'll bring it down swiftly."  He kicked over a loose, fallen branch further confusing the creature while raising his weapon into a high guard to better prevent its escape.  His eyes flickered back and forth between Raidou and their prey, circling for the kill.

Spoiler

Freyd uses Lullaby 2 (instant) on Suterusu.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:129/139 | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 (+1) | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | PARRY
Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:140/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) + Charge [R2] = 13 EN - (rested, Finesse 3, turn recovery) = 8 EN 

ID #171159 | BD: 3 + 6 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 6 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*26 = 338 - 25 = 313) damage to Suterusu.

Keen triggers.

(1,2) Suterusu | HP:387/1000 | DMG: 250 | MIT:25 | ACC:1 | EVA:3 1 (700-313)

Concentration CD [1/3]

A twist of Auric sol in his grasp, he pivots and tears it down in a fashion similar to the black star. A sound like thunder that was reminiscent of the lich king all that time ago. The panther is punched into the ground below casting a hole in its wake. Like a shape of objects used to produce confectionary, a perfect chalk outline of the beast with it trapped inside. Raidou pulls the steel up to littering of the falling stone, his ears ringing slightly from the pounding force. It would not escape a cold collected fury, or the surgical and clean tool that Freyd was. As Raidou takes a step back, a soft clattering of footfalls at his back were audible. "This is over." he speaks in a somber tone before the phrase continues "It was over the moment we were trapped here." and on the corner of his mouth in an uncharacteristic and sinister grin.

Spoiler

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:137/139 | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 (+1) | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | PARRY
Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:140/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Tempest (x8) = -10 EN – (Finesse 3) = -7 EN

ID# 171612 results: Battle: 3+5-1=7, Hit!

Raw: 21x8=168-25=143 DMG vs. Suterusu! applying [Stunned!]

Suterusu takes no action, [Stunned] fades!

(1,4) Suterusu | HP:244/,1000 | DMG: 250 | MIT:25 | ACC:1 | EVA:1

Edited by Raidou

Freyd's footsteps must have echoes loudly in the creature's ears as he approached, though they seemed silent to Raidou and himself.  Each footfall matched the beat of a non-existent heart.  And so it was with Freyd.  There was no mercy; no hesitation.   He flipped his sliver blade behind him and upwards to maximize the power of the strike, darkness gathering around it as it plunged downward and severed the beast's head in one fel cleave.   Suterusu's open eye lingered for a moment, paralyzed with terror.

Two reddened eyes glared down upon it, neither sympathetic nor malevolent.  Theirs was a gaze of resolute inevitability.  Turning away, Freyd immediately began the walk back to the portal.  Only one objective remained, and there was no sense in delaying its completion.  A cloud of darkened, crystalline shards exploded in a silent puff of intangible glass as he walked away.

"We have more work to do." 

There was always more work to do.

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1390/1390 | EN:120/139 | DMG:24 | MIT:94 | EVA:3 | ACC:7 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | BH:63 | PARRY
Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:140/150 | DMG:21 | MIT:151 | EVA:6 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 9 EN

ID #171613 | BD: 8 + 7 + 1 - 1 = 15 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (13*30 = 390 - 25 = 365) damage to Suterusu.

(2,4) Suterusu | HP:0/,1000 | DMG: 250 | MIT:25 | ACC:1 | EVA:1 (244-365)

A flutter of red fog played upon his back, Raidou rips it off to one side with his blade. The yellow fades as it returned to his scabbard, the robe held aloft from the sway. Freyd slit its throat as Raidou turned pulling his glasses from his face. "So much left, but its beginning to fall into single digits. I have one more thing I'd like to share. I feel you can handle it and perhaps the only one." The red wanderer spoke as he took the helm, his lenses folded and added to his robe pocket. He'd walk with that reddened smoke still lingering in his wake, beneath each step it seemed to thicken. The nomad who wanderers, an info broker no more and a friend and one that could easily finish the job found. Liberated as he jumps onto the gate, Raidou speaks as a flare of red holds his eyes bringing them to match Freyd's "Let's go kill a horse."

Quest Complete:
Freyd
5700*Col (200 Thread Closure, 5500 Quest Completion)
5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Completion)
Mothra Statue (SoW5: +1 EN recovery per round)
Raidou
5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Completion)
Mothra Statue (SoW5: +1 EN recovery per round)
Simmone (Guild Treasurer)
5700*Col (200 Thread Closure, 5500 Quest Completion)

Edited by Raidou