[F19/PP]The Beast vs The Marauder

The day had started just like any other. Morning coffee - more for taste and habit than any actual effects it might have had - followed by brief calisthenics. Again, more out of habit than anything else. He was midway through his breakfast - croissants stuffed with spicy sausage with a mild cheese, when he heard the telltale chime of his messenger. He slowly gnawed at the savory meal as his right hand navigated through the myriad menus and windows. Deft fingers following muscle memory quickly swiped left and right, up and down. A message window soon propagated before him. Oscar’s eyes lazily followed line by line before he sighed and licked the juice from his fingers. Again, another reflex.

Bahr’s calling then. It’s been a while.

He began to mull things over in his head. He had a difficult decision before him. On the one hand, he’d gone through all the effort to make such a delicious breakfast. But on the other, this might have something to do with the Guild. While he considered his options, Oscar absentmindedly gnawed at his food. Before he realized what had happened, his decision had been made for him. He realized that he’d finished his food entirely too quickly. He’d scarcely even had the chance to savor the meal. The man let out a sigh as he dismissed the menu and polished off his coffee.

I suppose I’ll go see what it is he wants now.

He took his plate and mug to the kitchen, washing them and then his hands. As he toweled his hands dry, Oscar noticed in the chrome reflection of his cabinet doors that his tie was off-kilter. A simple fix. He had to retire to his room anyway to grab his things. He’d long since abandoned the domicile he’d set up for himself and Cordelia as she hadn’t been home in quite some time. He would be lying if he denied that his passion for her had cooled due to the distance. He’d grown accustomed to being on his own again. It would be just like her to come bounding through the door as if nothing were amiss. And perhaps it wasn’t. But she wouldn’t be coming home to the same man she left.

So much had changed since he’d last spoken to any of the people he held dear. While he still had a special place in his heart for them, it was mired in a deep, unending darkness. Hate tainted his very core. Wrath was his only solace. He simply could not love as deeply as he had before. But that didn’t mean he didn’t love at all. Why else would he agree to meet Bahr in a far-flung location on Floor 19. The Hill of the Cross was well out of the way of anything notable. Though, current events would explain the sudden message to meet him away from any prying eyes or ears.

Oscar reached his room and made himself presentable. He took great pains in adjusting his tie and making sure his clothing was just so. Afterward, he grabbed his trusty Money Shot and headed out the door. The walk from his home to Deepedge was rather uneventful. Oscar had claimed this route as his own and after dealing with Tyson’s goons so handily, it would be suicide to attack him on his home turf. It would be suicide regardless, but at least he could let his guard down a bit. He entered the Settlement and made a beeline straight for the Teleport Platform. A shout and a disorienting flight later, the Last Tower of Floor 19 was before him. Of course, he wouldn’t be spending long inside this marvel of engineering. He had business elsewhere.

The Hill of the Cross was not an insignificant distance away from the Settlement. But, after becoming accustomed to the uneven terrain of Floor 7, the rolling hills and plains of Floor 19 weren’t a problem. Eventually, he found himself at the tree marked with a gravestone. He looked high and low, even into the branches of the trees. But, as usual, Bahr was late. He let out a sigh and leaned back against the tree.

I suppose it can’t be helped. I do hope he realizes I have more important things to do today.

Spoiler

Name: Oscar
Level: 72
HP: 1470/1470
EN: 144/144

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 5
BH:73
ABS.ACC
BLD: 36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<MONEY SHOT>> - T3/PERFECT/2HBA - ABS.ACC, ACC, BLD
Armor: << MYTHRIL GREAVES >> T3/PERFECT/HEAVY ARMOR - MITI 3 (+81)
Misc: << IVORY GOLD LEAF RING >> T1 DEMONIC TRINKET - +2 ACC, +2 EVA

Skills:
Two Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 5]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Fighter Mastery: Fighter
Concentration
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Ferocity
Precision
Finesse R3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Justified Riposte
Field Medic
Barrier R2

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Empty Slot*1
Empty Slot*1
Empty Slot*1
Empty Slot*1
Empty Slot*1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Spoiler

STATS
LEVEL - 72
HP - 1470
EN - 144
DMG - 19
MIT - 79
ACC - 4
EVA - 4
LD - 5
STEALTH DETECTION - 5
HOLY BLESSING - 24
BATTLE HEALING - 73
VAMPIRIC OFFENSIVE
TAUNT

HOME BUFFS
» WELL RESTED
      -1 EN FOR THE FIRST THREE TURNS OF COMBAT
» RELAXED
      +15 TO OUT OF COMBAT HP REGENERATION
      FULL ENERGY REGENERATION AFTER TWO POSTS OUT OF COMBAT
» SQUEAKY CLEAN
      REDUCE INCOMING DOT DAMAGE BY 25% FOR FIRST INCOMING DOT INFLICTED IN THREAD
» FILLING
      INCREASE EFFECTIVENESS OF A SINGLE CONSUMED FOOD ITEM IN A THREAD BY +1 T1 SLOT
» ITEM STASH
      +1 BATTLE-READY INVENTORY SLOT
» DELICIOUS
      COMBINE 3 IDENTICAL FOOD ITEMS INTO A FEAST ONCE PER THREAD
» SKYLIGHT SEARCHING
      SEARCHING EXPERTISE INCREASED BY 1
» ANGLER
      +1 MATERIAL GAINED WHILE FISHING
» MULTIPURPOSE
      GAIN +1 TO LD, STEALTH RATING, STEALTH DETECTION, OR PROSPERITY TO ONE POST IN A THREAD
      CAN BE APPLIED AFTER THE ROLL
» DECOR: <<SPOOKY AMENITY>>
      REDUCE INCOMING DOT DAMAGE BY 5% FOR FIRST INCOMING DOT INFLICTED IN THREAD

SKILLS

NON-COMBAT SKILLS
» EXTENDED MOD LIMIT R3 

PASSIVE
      ALLOWS FOR THE USE OF ONE 3 ADDITIONAL MODS
» 
SEARCHING R4 >>> R5 WITH SKYLIGHT BUFF

PASSIVE
      +5 LD
      +5 STEALTH DETECTION

COMBAT SKILLS
» PARRY

POST ACTION
      REDUCE FINAL DAMAGE OF NEXT ATTACK AGAINST YOU BY 50% (ROUNDED DOWN) AND NEGATES STUN/PARALYSIS EFFECT OF THAT ATTACK
           COOLDOWN: 2 TURNS
» BATTLE HEALING R5

PASSIVE
      WHILE IN COMBAT, USER HEALS FOR 5% (73 HP) OF THEIR MAX HP EACH TURN
» 
ENERGIZE

POST ACTION
      RESTORE 8 ENERGY TO TARGET PARTY MEMBER. CANNOT TARGET USER.
» 
CHARGE R2

POST ACTION
      +2 BASE DAMAGE TO A SINGLE ATTACK.
      -1 ACC DURING ATTACK

EXTRA SKILLS
» DISGUISE

FREE ACTION
      +1 EVA UNTIL START OF YOUR NEXT TURN
           COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
» 
MEDITATION

POST ACTION
      RECOVER AN ADDITIONAL 15 ENERGY - GETTING HIT BY AN ATTACK BEFORE YOUR NEXT TURN REDUCES ADDITIONAL ENERGY RECOVERY TO 9

WEAPON SKILLS
» TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD R5

+7 DMG WHEN TWO-HANDED WEAPON IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
» LIGHT ARMOR R5

+25 MIT

MODS
» LIGHT ARMOR MOD: ATHLETICS

PASSIVE
      +1 DMG WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
      +30 HP WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
»
 LIGHT ARMOR MOD: SPRINT & ACROBATICS

PASSIVE
      +1 EVA WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
»
 PARRY MOD: JUSTIFIED RIPOSTE

POST ACTION: COMBINE WITH PARRY
      SUCCESSFUL PARRY STUNS OPPONENT
»
 WEAPON MOD: PRECISION

PASSIVE
      +1 ACC
»
 WEAPON MOD: TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD FEROCITY

PASSIVE
     ➥ +1 DMG WHEN USING 2HSS SWORD ARTS
» WEAPON MOD: TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD FINESSE R3

PASSIVE
      REDUCES THE EN COST OF TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD SWORD ARTS BY 3
» BATTLE HEALING MOD: EMERGENCY RECOVERY

PASSIVE
      WHEN PLAYER WOULD SUFFER NON-LETHAL DAMAGE THAT PUTS THEM BELOW 25% HP, HEAL 10% HP (147 HPAFTER THE ATTACK RESOLVES
      CAN ONLY OCCUR ONCE PER THREAD
»
 ENERGIZE MOD: HYPERACTIVE

POST ACTION
      INCREASE PASSIVE ENERGY RECOVERY OF PARTY MEMBER BY 3 FOR 3 TURNS. CAN TARGET USER.
»
 SEARCHING MOD: NIGHT VISION

PASSIVE
      IGNORES ANY PENALTIES FROM LOW LIGHT OR DARKNESS
      NEGATES BONUS ENEMY STEALTH RATING FROM LOW LIGHT OR DARKNESS
»
 SEARCHING MOD: REVEAL

PASSIVE
      +2 LD WHEN SEARCHING FOR SUB-DUNGEONS OR LABYRINTHS
      USER CAN SEARCH FOR SUB-DUNGEON ONCE EVERY 15 POSTS
      USER CAN SEARCH FOR LABYRINTH ONCE EVERY 3 POSTS
»
 SEARCHING MOD: DETECT

PASSIVE
      +2 STEALTH DETECTION
      +1 LD WHEN SEARCHING FOR SUB-DUNGEONS OR LABYRINTHS

EQUIPMENT

WEAPON
» [EQUIPPED] "DUSK'S DEMISE" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (T3 - PERFECT)
     ➥ VAMPIRIC OFFENSIVE
           HEAL 147 HP ON NATURAL ROLLS OF 9 OR HIGHER
     ➥ +1 ACC
     ➥ TAUNT
           +1 HATE GENERATED FROM HOWL, FOCUSED HOWL, AND SUCCESSFUL ATTACKS

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] "BLOODSTAINED COAT" - LIGHT ARMOR (T3 - DEMONIC)
      +54 MIT
      +1 EVA
      HOLY BLESSING
           AFTER TAKING DAMAGE, USER HEALS 24 HP AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FOLLOWING TURN

TRINKET
» [EQUIPPED] "EAGLE'S EYE" - TRINKET (T1 - DEMONIC)
      +2 EVA
      +2 ACC

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R3
     ➥ +9 DMG

BATTLE-READY INVENTORY

» TELEPORT CRYSTAL (5)
     ➥ ALLOWS USER TO BYPASS ROLL DURING FLEE
» HYPNOSIS 2 INSTANT CRYSTAL (3)
     ➥ -2 ACC TO SINGLE TARGET
» LULLABY 2 INSTANT CRYSTAL (1)
     ➥ -2 EVA TO SINGLE TARGET
» MISPERCEPTION INSTANT CRYSTAL (3)
     ➥ REDUCE FINAL DAMAGE OF SINGLE TARGET BY 10%
» SELF HEAL RECOVERY ELIXIR COMPOUND (5)
     ➥ HEAL 180 HP

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

MEGA SLIME FARM USED (+2 SP FOR THREAD)

The terrain of the nineteenth floor seemed more treacherous than he remembered. Rocky crags and uneven topography barred a quick ascent to the Hill of the Cross, causing Bahr to be fashionably late as usual. He took note of Oscar's presence at the same time as he crossed the boundary into the area, the in-game music suddenly changing from something less upbeat to something a bit darker and more somber. It wasn't frightening by any stretch of the imagination - more eerie and sad. Like a memory of a better time long passed.

"You won't be able to read it," Bahr piped up as he approached, noticing his companion squinting at the solitary tombstone that accented a leafless tree. "Nobody ever has."

The wind picked up for a moment, scattering leaves across the deadened grass as Oscar turned about. Through the small flurry, Bahr could make out the man's eyes, having lost their shine and color from the last time they'd connected. What was once full of life had deadened - much like the grass they stood upon. With a heavy sigh, Bahr surrendered himself to the task at hand. There would be no point in putting it off forever.

"I read a different type of tombstone recently, though," he continued as the wind finally settled, eyes hardening a bit despite the fact that it was now easier to see. "I hadn't realized how busy you'd been recently, I couldn't have imagined what with." His jaw set now, his face was contorting into something... different. He'd planned on going into this calm, cool, and collected. Having a cordial conversation about what was going on, and trying to get to the bottom of it. Allowing Oscar to explain himself, and perhaps produce some sort of justification for all of those lives he'd taken. But he didn't, he wouldn't, and there wasn't. 

"At what point did you decide it was okay to become a murderer?" Bahr spat, leaning forward a tad and outstretching his upward-set palms in a questioning manner. "What justification do you have for committing such atrocities?"

Oscar was about to give Bahr shit for his late arrival, but the Crimson Marauder had already launched into his diatribe. Damn man. No 'Hi, how are you?' Oscar let out an exasperated sigh. He'd expected to be called to count for his recent actions, but he hadn't expected to be called out so quickly. Which was dumb. A lone gravestone set to a somber melody was almost poetic in its irony. Honestly, if the roles were reversed, Oscar would have wanted to "set the mood" too. But in response to Bahr's questioning - and in defiance of whatever atmosphere was being driven for - Oscar could only chuckle and shrug. He removed his sunglasses and placed them gingerly into his breast pocket. Any darkness in his eyes were a result of sleep deprivation. Not from tossing and turning in bed, locked in perpetual turmoil with his guilt, but simply from late nights in the kitchen. Some people painted in their downtime. Oscar painted with flavor. The chemistry of different flavor profiles melding together were almost mathematical in their efficiency. All this is to say, Oscar truly - from the very depths of his soul - was not at all bothered by the blood on his hands.

"What justification do you have for committing such atrocities?"

"None that need be stated to you," Oscar responded coolly. "But if you must know, I decided to become a murderer between the time they took my friend's head off his shoulders and when it hit the ground."

Oscar turned around to fully face his friend. His fiercest ally. He couldn't blame Bahr for wanting answers. And Oscar would be more than happy to oblige. Let it be a lesson in asking questions you don't want the answers to. "I've no intention of stopping either. In the days since their slaying, I've not seen even the slightest sign of Tyson's existence. This is the first time I've had the advantage and I'll continue to press it. I'll carve through his entire organization until the whole thing comes crumbling down." There was no point in hiding it. Bahr would find out sooner or later when more and more names popped up on the Monument. "I'd wade through an ocean of blood to keep my friends and allies safe. This is the same group that almost got Conciliator killed. I let you stay my hand then and I lost a friend because of it. I don't blame you though. I wasn't ready to do what needed to be done then."

So that was it, then. A soul mired in rage, and hate, and grief, no longer capable of discerning right from wrong so long as the ends justified the means. An all too common conclusion in this place. Though their struggles had been different, Bahr understood all too well the toll that such happenings could have on a person's psyche. Even the strongest of minds could be pummeled and fractured into a caricature of their former selves. The only difference between Bahr and Oscar is that where Bahr had been stepped back from the ledge, Oscar had taken the plunge headfirst. Not only did he feel no ire regarding his transgressions; he had no intention of stopping them.

For a brief moment, Bahr wondered if he were onto something. Oscar was, after all, the smarter of the two. Better studied, in particular in the ways of the mind. It was possible that Bahr was wrong, and that killing was justified in times like these - even if there was no coming back from it. But it was in remembering the lesson that had back him away from the ledge, lowered his blade when he had the opportunity to steal away Pinball's life, that Bahr cemented his resolve. It was by the grace of someone close to him that he'd found the strength to not cross that line, and it was in that continued support that he still hadn't. Bahr knew he was right, even if he the less intellectually competent of the two, and had a looser grasp on the academia surrounding what may or may not drive a man into hysteria.

That was the problem with smart people. They always thought they were right, even if what they were saying was total garbage.

"You know who you sound like?" Bahr asked rhetorically, before concluding, "Me."

"Don't forget it was you who steadied my hand when we encountered Pinball on our way to rescue Conciliator. You were the second to do so. Despite what he has taken from me, and countless others within the confines of this wretched castle. I've come to recognize that act as wisdom. It wasn't that you didn't want me blackening my heart, it was that you found him to be useful. And, sure enough, he has been continuously useful, regardless of my ire for him. I'm doubly capable of destroying him now as I was back then, but won't. Because of the toll it would take on my soul, and the toll it would take on his utility to me."

"This isn't wisdom. This is unfiltered emotion. Tyson is still a child, Oscar. A dangerous one, sure, but a child nonetheless. How many of the ones you've slain are also over a barrel because of him? Had they any choice in the matter? Is it possible they hadn't found the error of their ways until they were in too deep, and he'd sunk his claws into them? Their families are destroyed now, too. Not because of Tyson, and not because of you. But a combination of both. If you'd come to your friends, we could have helped you find another way. There are prisons in Aincrad, you know."

This was getting a bit long-winded. Bahr sighed and ran his fingers through his hair as he struggled to remember the epiphany he'd had not too long before. Something he'd scribbled on a paper during his revelation, or psychotic break, or DMT-induced dying hallucination, or whatever you wanted to call it. That place that was neither in the future nor past. Not having any luck remembering it in its entirety, he figured a brief summation would suffice.

"Wisdom is knowing the limits of this wisdom. That it is entirely situational, and rarely general, if at all. There are countless ideas and sayings and so-called wisdoms that can justify nearly any way of living. They all sound good, because they all are. But by the same token, none are. All ideas and cliches and wisdoms are both true and false, meaningful and meaningless, depending on where and when and how they are applied. Even the most brilliant thoughts and lines ever written or uttered across history inevitably face their falsehoods, hypocrisies, and oppositions. Bad things happen. Life is an impossible puzzle, missing a majority of its pieces. But what you need to understand is that this wisdom is always a means and rarely an end."

Oscar shuddered. Something about Bahr preaching about wisdom was just... wrong. If there had been some ripple in the universe caused by Oscar's complete disregard for the sanctity of human life, a singularity had probably manifested somewhere in the far reaches of space at this paradoxical anomaly that Oscar had just born witness to. If only it were in a more immediate proximity. At least then he would have been spared this pretentious lecture. It was about the second use of "wisdom" that Oscar started holding up his hand and raising a finger every time Bahr repeated the phrase. He wasn't sure if "wisdoms" counted, but he threw it in there anyway just to be safe. Finally, Bahr paused to take a breath. And Oscar laughed.

"'Wisdom is knowing the limits of this wisdom?' Are you having a stroke, man?" It was clear that Oscar wasn't taking this discussion seriously. How could he? He'd just watched a layman attempt to explain human behavior to him. Him, the psychologist. It would be insulting if it hadn't been so funny. And so completely off the mark.

"And how many families has Tyson torn apart? I know a man who will never get to meet his daughter. Am I to blame for that one too? And comparing Pinball to Tyson? You can redeem a murderer. You can't redeem someone who has turned their back on redemption. Pinball is a murderer. Tyson is a monster. He might be a child, but he's already put a bullet in me once and I forgave him. There are limits to my forgiveness. And when a child is holding a gun to your head, they cease to be a child."

Oscar snapped his fingers. In a dazzling display of brilliance, the system generated for him his weapon. It wasn't Tesseleth's Fury. With Cardinal being on the fritz and letting that whole Sundered Spire thing get so out of hand that he was able to burn down a portion of the forest on Floor 3 with the Tyrant's Wrath, somehow he doubted this floor would fare little better. This situation wasn't going to be resolved with words. If Bahr's "wisdom" could overpower Oscar's wrath, perhaps then he would reconsider his course. A duel request was sent to the Crimson Marauder. "You're right, Bahr. Bad things do happen. Monsters exist. And it takes a monster to beat a monster. Your mistake was allowing me to delude you as I'd deluded myself for so many years. I am a monster the monsters fear. I am willing to do whatever is necessary to keep them in check. Tyson now, whoever replaces him tomorrow. If you're the light they shy away from, I am the darkness that swallows them. If you disagree with the course, prove to me your way is superior."

<<MONEY SHOT>> EQUIPPED
DUEL REQUEST SENT 
- Whichever Player reduces their opponent to 100 HP first will be declared the victor.
Initiative Roll - 172074 LD: 3

"Alright, then," Bahr muttered as he accepted the challenge, carefully reviewing the terms to ensure that there was no chance of being slain. After all, it was a murderer he was dealing with.

As the window dismissed itself and the timer began, Dusk's Demise flared hungrily into being in his palm. He rose it and assumed a defensive stance, steadying himself for the fight ahead. As much as he wanted to go on the offensive - and knew he had the speed to do so - that is exactly what Oscar would be expecting him to do. His best bet was to wait out the first round or two and see what new behaviors Oscar had picked up.

The wind picked up again, disturbing the stillness that had settled between both stationary players. Anxiety lapped at him as he contemplated the terrain, the obstacles, and the force of his assailant. Things would have to go just perfectly if Bahr wanted to win. It was a shame he'd opted to leave Dawn's Demise behind for this encounter. Though, the alternative was far more grim. There were times when it seemed the blade itself controlled the flow of battle more than Bahr controlled it.

Finally, a chime signaled the start of the battle.

"I'm right here. Give me your best shot, Jordan Peterson."

Spoiler

Round 1

Bahr: HP: 1470/1470 | EN: 143/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

Initiative roll

ID: 172076
LD: 7 (Success)

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-1 EN ("Well Rested" house buff reduces EN expenditure by 1.)
ID: 172076 | BD: 2, Miss

Oscar: HP: 1440/1440 | EN: 144/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

"Remember our last duel," Oscar asked as the timer hit zero. "When you advised me to have a bit more finesse?"

Oscar blazed forward, the ground beneath where his feet had once been exploding in a geyser of dust and stone in response to his sudden acceleration. Oscar blazed forward, axe gleaming dangerously in the sunlight. Oscar stepped past the Crimson Marauder, hooking his weapon around the man's neck. His momentum allowed him to use the weapon as a lever, pulling Bahr off his feet. He stopped suddenly and pulled up on the weapon, carrying his axe - and Bahr - up over his head and slamming him down into the ground. He unhooked his weapon from his man's neck and in one fluid motion, swiped him across the chest with Money Shot's deadly blade. Though Bahr was prone, he was still dangerous. Using his momentary advantage to its fullest, Oscar delivered a swift kick to his gut. The force of the blow generated a burst of wind as Bahr was blasted away from him in the direction of the tree. As his back would slam into its trunk, he would hear Oscar call out.

"Does that work?"

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1440/1440 | EN: 136/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Oscar used [x14] Explode Catapult-12 EN ("Well Rested" house buff reduces EN expenditure by 1.)

Bahr: HP: 1297/1470 | EN: 143/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | ID: 172077 | BD: 6+5-4, Deal 173 DMG

Bahr heard Oscar's taunting shortly after his back slammed into the tree. Despite having been thrown about so flippantly and dramatically, Bahr couldn't help but note that it stripped him of less hit points than he'd been expecting. Perhaps it was his face-off against the Forgotten Time King that had shell shocked him a bit, literal years of instant deaths translated into somewhat of an expectation that every weapon to grace his frame would render similar damage. It was foolish, and cowardly.

"Yeah, that was pretty flashy," Bahr admitted as he grunted, stood, and dusted himself off. "Still waiting for the 'finesse,' though."

And then Oscar's vision would abruptly pitch to the side, Bahr's afterimage dissolving congruent with the pommel of Dusk's Demise pounding into the twisted psychologist's temple. It was the sort of strike not meant to damage - more so to stun. Oscar would fall, and Bahr would remain in position standing by his side, thumbing at his neck in a vain attempt to work out whatever crick Oscar had installed there.

"Chill out a minute, I've gotta think." Which was the truth. All Bahr really wanted was a moment to collect his bearings. Oscar was far faster and more powerful than he'd been during their previous encounter. It seemed Bahr would need to practice some of the 'technique' that he preached if he were to pull out ahead in this one.

Spoiler

Round 2

Bahr: HP: 1394/1470 | EN: 138/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

Bahr used [x8 AoE Stun] Tempest-6 EN ("Well Rested" house buff reduces EN expenditure by 1.)
ID: 172078 | BD: 5, Hit for 19x8=152-106=46 DMG | STUN INFLICTED

Oscar: HP: 1394/1440 | EN: 136/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC | STUNNED

The pommel hadn't been entirely unexpected. Stun was the one thing that Bahr had that Oscar couldn't compete with. Nevertheless, he wouldn't give the Crimson Marauder the satisfaction of seeing him hit the dirt. He drove his head into the stun, replying to the kinetic energy in kind. There wasn't much he could do about the status effect, but he would remain on his feet. What little damage it did to him was immediately restored thanks to Battle Healing. Of course, the same would be said of Bahr. He'd been successful in getting the both of them to pretty much the same point at which they had started. Oscar chuckled, speech having not been knocked out of him. "Don't think too hard. You'll bust a gasket."

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1470/1440 | EN: 137/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC | STUNNED

No Action

Bahr: HP: 1394/1470 | EN: 138/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

"Eh, you're right."

Guess the guy had decided standing up straight like a taxidermied goblin was preferable to falling with some grace. A swift Galaxy Destroyer would change that.

"Should just stick to what I'm good at, right? Hitting stuff."

The earth at his feet fell to rubble as Dusk's Demise tore through, unleashing the blade out and upward. It caught the man halfway through its ascent, momentum unceasing as it lifted him off of his feet and high into the air. 

"I'm too stupid for much else, right?" Bahr called out as Oscar soared high above the tree line. "I couldn't possibly have learned anything here. There's no way someone like me could outsmart the mighty Oscar."

As the Beast finally reached the apex of his climb to the clouds and began falling back to earth, Bahr readied his blade as though a batter stepping up to the plate. Were he lucky, he'd have a chance to land another strike before taking more damage of his own. "He's just too smart."

Spoiler

Round 3

Bahr: HP: 1467/1470 | EN: 130/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

Stun cooldown: 1/3
Charge deployed, +2 DMG -1 ACC
Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-9 EN ("Well Rested" house buff reduces EN expenditure by 1.)
ID: 172079 | BD: 8, Hit for 21x13=273-106=167 DMG

Oscar: HP: 1273/1440 | EN: 137/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Oscar realized that Bahr was being facetious as he lauded Oscar's intelligence. If this was the best the Crimson Marauder could do when it came to trying to get under Oscar's skin, he was failing tremendously. Even knocking him into low orbit didn't really shake the man. He allowed his upward velocity to slow came down just as swiftly for a landing. He alighted gracefully, taking a moment in the middle of their encounter to stab his weapon into the dirt and adjust his collar and sleeves. Once he was satisfied with his appearance, he plucked his weapon from the ground and spun it up into a ready position. "Yeah, yeah. You can be as sarcastic as you want. It's not going to un-kill my friend. Tyson's not going to stop coming for you because you're a dumbass." The Beast rushed forward, closing the gap between himself and Bahr in the blink of an eye. The Crimson Marauder was in a ready position, but it would scarcely matter. His face was already in the dirt with an axe lodged between his shoulder blades before the synapses in his brain could begin to formulate a response.

"You have failed at nearly everything you've set out to do. The Guild? Defunct. Pinball? Still alive. Kirbs? She died alone with nothing but Pinball's spear in her chest to keep her company. Even if you had the guts to do what needed to be done, do you even have the ability? Do you really think you can change my mind?" Oscar ripped his weapon out of Bahr's back and braced himself for the attack that would be soon to follow. "Your extensive history of fucking it up makes me doubt that."

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1345/1440 | EN: 126/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Oscar activates Explode Catapult [x14] -12 EN [2/3 Well-Rested, Finesse]
ID: 172915 BD: 7+5-4, Deal 173 DMG

Bahr: HP: 1294/1470 | EN: 130/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

As Bahr listened to Oscar's taunts, he realized what this was all really about. Oscar's insults were a deflection - projection, rather. It wasn't that he really believed Bahr was such a colossal fuck up. It's that he realized that he, himself, had failed in one of the most colossal of ways. Were Bahr in a more forgiving mood, he may have taken the high road with this realization. He may have tried to talk Oscar down, or tell him that it wasn't his fault. But after paragraphs of Oscar accusing Bahr of being a failure, the Kingslayer wasn't feeling so agreeable.

"Yeah, the Guild isn't as active as it could be," Bahr grunted as he placed his boots flatly against the earth beneath him and pushed himself into a standing position. "Always was more of a lone wolf." He dusted off his arms, then reached for Dusk's Demise. "And yeah, Pinball's still alive. I had the good sense not to walk off that ledge." He inspected the blade, grimacing as he caught his reflection within its glossy surface. "And yeah. Kirbs is dead. She's never coming back."

A maelstrom of dust, then a loud crack. Bahr had shrunk the distance that separated the men faster than the naked eye could follow. Oscar's axe caught the attack, but the blowback was too much for his light frame to sustain. He was catapulted back toward the tree, his spine colliding with its rough bark with enough force to reveal some of the roots surrounding its base that had been buried for untold lengths of time. Before he was allowed to fall, he'd find himself nailed to that very tree - Dusk's Demise ran straight through his sternum and into the edifices trunk, holding him in place.

Bahr placed his boot against the wrist of the hand still gripping to Money Shot and leaned forward, his visage now cloaked by the shadows.

"But what of you? You think you're so perfect?" he sneered, wringing his boot against Oscar's wrist and grinding it against the bark of the tree. "This is all happening because of you. At every turn where you had the opportunity to make the right decision regarding this boy, you've ran the opposite direction. You left him for dead, didn't bother to check in on him, and neglected him until he'd had the chance to create a murder guild specifically to destroy you and everyone you care about. You, the 'professional,' the psychologist, drove one of your closest patients into a murderous rage. You failed to request your companions' aid when it was necessary, and your friend was murdered as a result. And now you're here, alienating your strongest ally in the name of vanity and arrogance. You're trying to prove you're stronger, smarter, better. But you're not."

He ripped Dusk's Demise from Oscar's body and let him fall before taking a few paces backward.

"If I'm a failure, you're a fraud."

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 1391/1470 | EN: 121/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

Stun cooldown: 2/3
Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-10 EN
ID: 172926 | BD: 4, Hit for 19x13=247-106=141 DMG

Oscar: HP: 1204/1440 | EN: 126/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

It would seem that I have struck a nerve, Oscar thought as he shoved against the tree and impaled in the chest. Pain dampeners did little to stop the small jolt of panic that shot through his body at the sensation of something foreign being shoved somewhere it wasn't supposed to be. His mask cracked, if only a little, as he winced reflexively. Bahr launched into his tirade, blaming Oscar for this entire thing. Expected and factual. Oscar wouldn't have opened the door if he didn't expect Bahr to follow him in. Even if it was something Oscar had been all too cognizant of, it still stung to hear it verbalized with the level of vitriol that Bahr was spewing at him. Nevertheless, he didn't utter a word as Bahr spoke. Dusk's Demise, the only thing keeping him from slumping to the ground, was removed. Oscar fell. He lingered for a moment. This whole thing could have been avoided if he'd just gone to the Monument to verify. But, what reason did he have? And, more importantly, how did he know that he would have been able to find Tyson before whatever drove him to his madness swallowed him up completely?

Oscar slowly rose to his feet, dusting himself off. His glasses had been completely destroyed in Bahr's last attack. He tossed the mangled frames from his face. As they clattered to the ground, the shades shattered like glass - reduced only to dust and fragments of data. For the first time during this entire engagement, Bahr and Oscar looked each other in the eyes. Bahr's gaze was fierce and determined - as one would expect from someone trying to make his friend see reason. Oscar's, however, were utterly devoid of the omnipresent exuberance he had once shared with everyone who crossed his path. An icy fire blazed within them, indicative of the wrath burning in his chest. Flames that burned away all guilt or afterthought from what he'd done. What he was about to do.

"Did you think telling me things I already knew was going to make me fall to my knees and beg forgiveness?" Oscar made no fanciful moves. No cunning jabs. His strike crashed like thunder, fast as lightning. A deep bloody gash was carved across Bahr's chest. With his attack done, he thrust the butt of his axe into the ground. He crossed his arms over his chest as the skies overhead began to darken. He clicked his tongue and looked up. "Cardinal setting the scene, I suppose," he said flatly. With a resigned shake of his head, Oscar turned his gaze back to the Crimson Marauder. "My only regret is deceiving everyone I've met in this game. The Oscar you met was a carefully constructed facade to hide my weakness. Weakness brought about by rejecting my nature. Do you know what I did when they killed my friend? I could have began and ended with the one that pulled the trigger. But I didn't. I killed all five of them. One-by-one. I hunted them down for sport and when it was all over, I felt nothing. I didn't even care to remember their names. And this is what I've always been. A beast who cares only for its own survival. A beast who has no need for forgiveness. A beast who has no need for allies who lack the stomach to do the sensible thing and neutralize the threat in. it's. entirety. I never claimed to be perfect. I'm simply no longer denying what I am. And I am the one who will meet blood with blood."

Oscar picked up his weapon and readied himself for the next round. At that moment, lightning lit up the sky as rain began to fall upon them. A bolt struck the tree that served as the backdrop for their battle, its heat lightning the branches ablaze. The tree became the only light in the darkness, its orange glow washing over them. A fitting scene for a fight like this.

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1276/1440 | EN: 115/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Explode Catapult [x14] -12 EN [3/3 Rested, Finesse]
ID: 173331 BD: 10 Deal 201 DMG, BLD applied - Deal 36 UNMIT. DMG at the start of the next two turns.

[BLD 0/2]Bahr: HP: 1190/1470 | EN: 121/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT

Oscar's axe traced a line along and through Bahr's chest with enough tenacity to inflict a bleed status effect, a cruel irony that wasn't lost on the Kingslayer. The very enhancement he'd relied on all those years could very well be the culprit of his undoing in this duel. It was strangely poetic that a man plagued by the same temperament Bahr had spent so long escaping was using many of the same brutish, inelegant means of delivering harm. It was a small helping of bonus damage, but assisted Oscar in bringing them both closer to an even playing field than they'd enjoyed the moments prior. 

After Oscar had concluded his speech, Bahr straightened his back and looked his former companion in the eye. "I see that you're my margin of error," Bahr decided as he planted the tip of Dusk's Demise into the earth, using its pommel to steady himself upright as the Bleed status ticked away at his hit points. "I've helped so many like you get their start in this world. I'd hoped that, with the diligence to give each the attention they needed, I could mitigate the risk of unleashing a monster." 

He sighed, then plucked his blade from the earth. In a flash, a single line had been carved across Oscar's chest in much the same fashion he had just done to Bahr. "Guess I was wrong. Aincrad would be better off if I'd never helped you in the first place." The tip of Dusk's Demise found its way into the soil as Bahr once again steadied himself. "If this is truly how you feel, it's in my best interest not to let you roam free. It is not your place to play judge, jury, and executioner. It's not the place of any one man. If this is your 'true nature,' so be it. But its not one that I, in good conscience, can willingly subject Aincrad to."

He once again retrieved his blade from the ground and exhaled in a controlled manner. As he did, a mosaic of countless glitchy fractals would follow his breath, slowly enveloping his body in a mirage of uncertainty. Where he was amid the junk data wouldn't be obvious except to those with only the most honed in senses.

Spoiler

Round 5

Bahr: HP: 1251/1470 | EN: 112/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 5 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING

Stun cooldown: 3/3
Bahr deployed Disguise+1 EVA

ID: 173333 | BD: 5, Hit for 19x13=247-106=141 DMG

Oscar: HP: 1135/1440 | EN: 115/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

"If this is truly how you feel, it's in my best interest not to let you roam free. It is not your place to play judge, jury, and executioner. It's not the place of any one man. If this is your 'true nature,' so be it. But its not one that I, in good conscience, can willingly subject Aincrad to."

"And if he came after Lessa? What then? Would you simply reason with him?" Oscar didn't budge or move to attack. Even with Concentration active to attempt to pierce the shadows, Oscar just couldn't get a clear bead on Bahr's blurry form. Besides, his question would cut more deeply than his blade ever could. "It's easy for you to sit there and judge when it's not someone you care about in the crosshairs. A friend's head at your feet. Are you sitting there and telling me that if it had been Lessa at the end of that blade that we would be having this same conversation? If you are, you're a fucking liar. You can't willingly subject Aincrad to me? What are you going to do Bahr? Have you been paying attention to this duel? Our health bars have barely budged. Most you could ever hope to be is a nuisance, not a deterrent. So I'll ask you again. Are you content with watching everyone in the Guild die?"

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1135/1440 | EN: 103/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Stun cooldown: 3/3
Oscar deployed Concentration+1 ACC

Oscar used [x14] Explode Catapult -13 EN
ID: 173340 | BD: 2, Miss

Bahr: HP: 1251/1470 | EN: 112/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 5 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING

"I don't suppose I need to remind you that I've been in a near-identical scenario," came Bahr's gruff retort, twisted and contorted through the mask of Disguise. Bahr's afterimage would fade, but Oscar would find himself struck in the back. The figure before him had been an illusion, more a decoy than anything else. As he staggered from the blow he'd sustained, Bahr grasped the man's coat and threw him back against the tree, holding him against it.

"The targets were people I loved, and it was my friend's head at my feet. If I don't take responsibility for you, then you'll be the same situation. You see it fit to decide who lives and who dies. Well, how long before one of ours is at the end of your blade?" The focus in Bahr's eyes wasn't yearning, nor threatening, nor angry nor foul. It was a direct question, and a serious one. "How should I react other than to stand in your way now, before it eventually is Lessa on the other end of this pompous crusade of yours? You said it yourself. You didn't need to kill all of those people. You did it because you wanted to."

"Don't you see?"
 he questioned as he released Oscar's coat and took a step back. "You've become what you despise. You're my Tyson. And if you're actually telling me this watered down skirmish is representative of my ability to 'deter' you, you're the fucking liar."

Spoiler

Round 6

Bahr: HP: 1312/1470 | EN: 103/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING

Disguise cooldown: 1/3
ID: 173342 | BD: 5, Hit for 19x13=247-106=141 DMG

Oscar: HP: 1066/1440 | EN: 114/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

"Did you just call me Mike Tyson?" Oscar asked, cocking one eyebrow as he tilted his head to the side. A chuckle rose from his breast as he shook his head. "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist." Oscar planted his back foot and drove the blade of his axe into Bahr's gut. His weapon caught, but on the follow through, he was able to send the Crimson Marauder flying. As Bahr bit the dust Oscar capitalized on his momentum, planting his foot firmly upon Bahr's back and holding the edge of his weapon to the man's neck. "I'd be offended that you think so little of me if it wasn't a natural logical conclusion. It would rather defeat the purpose of killing Tyson if I then turned on the people I'm trying to protect from him." With that, Oscar stepped off of Bahr's back and removed his blade from his throat. It was important to him that Bahr listened to his words. If Oscar were being honest, he was a bit disappointed that it was fear motivating Bahr's decision rather than something a bit more... grand. "You're right though. I didn't have to kill them. I did want it. Aincrad's a little bit safer for it. That's one less noob that gets killed by them. Prisons aren't impregnable. And Tyson's good at mind games. I wouldn't have gone for this option if I hadn't already considered alternatives."

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1138/1440 | EN: 102/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Concentration cooldown: 1/3
Oscar used [x13] Explode Catapult, -13 EN
ID: 174048 | BD: 9, Deal 187 DMG, Bleed Refreshes

Bahr: HP: 1125/1470 | EN: 103/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING 0/2

Oscar's blade sent Bahr back, but it was easy enough to gather his bearings and plants his boots into the earth below, rapidly coming to a halt in spite of the rapidly slickening terrain. 

"Again, you only think that Aincrad is safer because you believe you're above reproach," Bahr countered. "From where I'm standing, one murderer has taken the place of five. Whatever twisted machinations led you to believe slaughter at your hands was the optimal alternative could similarly lead you to death of anyone else, including our friends. You claim to protect them now - but you could deem their death necessary tomorrow. You would feel justified in their killings as well, so long as you felt you were the one who had made that decision."

It was like talking to a brick wall at this point. It seemed there was no hope of talking any sense into him. It was only a shame Bahr had left his good equipment behind. It wasn't likely they'd make it far in this state.

Spoiler

Round 7

Bahr: HP: 1186/1470 | EN: 102/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING

Disguise cooldown: 2/3
Bahr used [x8 AoE Stun] Tempest-2 EN FOR MISS
ID: 174051 | BD: 3, Miss

Oscar: HP: 1138/1440 | EN: 114/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

"And one murderer can't possibly approach the numbers that five murderers can kill," Oscar replied flatly. "It's simple math Bahr. If I am a bigger threat than Tyson's network, then taking me out is a simple matter. It's easier to kill one man than it is to kill five." Oscar had to bite back the urge to sardonically explain the concept of five being a greater number than one to Bahr. "You seem to have it in your head that I'm some hand-wringing cartoon villain. People - real people - are more complicated than that. Tyson is more complicated than that. But he is predictable. You have to understand that I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I haven't made any plans beyond a willingness to kill him if I get a chance." Oscar shrugged, absentmindedly twirling his weapon in his hand. "I'm just making the best of the situations as they come. But the goal has always been protecting the people I care about. If I have to kill to do it, that's what I have to do. If you come to hate me for it, then hate me. At least you'll be alive to do it."

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 1210/1440 | EN: 102/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC

Concentration cooldown: 2/3
Oscar used [x14] Explode Catapult-2 EN FOR MISS
ID: 174054 | BD: 1, Miss

Bahr: HP: 1186/1470 | EN: 102/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING [1/2]

Frustration crept out of Bahr's chest in the form of laughter as he took in Oscar's delusional ramblings. He threw his arms up in a grandiose gesture as words bellowed from his mouth that he could no longer hold back. "Yeah, I killed all those guys! Not because I had to, but because I wanted to! But I'm not a bad guy, I swear! Everyone around me owes their life to me! You'd be dead if not for my genius and willingness end mortal existence!"

The speed that Bahr closed in on Oscar from his position was the likes of which he hadn't displayed yet in this fight. His hand took Oscar by the throat and carried him back to the burning tree, hurtling is body clear through the trunk. As Oscar's frame skidded along the earth amid the descending flaming branches, it was by the grace of Dusk's Demise impaling him to the dirt that he could be prevented from flying off the hill altogether.

"Let's get one thing clear. I'm alive because of me. You really seem to have this idea in your head that you're exceedingly smarter and stronger than I am. You think you're strong enough to put Tyson down, but he'd be able to kill me in my sleep, huh?" Bahr stamped his boot against Oscar's cheek and wringed Dusk's Demise as it sapped away at the man's vitality. "Ain't been a time I've let loose on you, boy. I left my big guns back home just so I wouldn't accidentally kill you." 

Finally, Bahr stepped off and retrieved his blade from Oscar's ribs. "I've gazed into the eyes of killers more accomplished, competent, and powerful than you and your failed client combined. I didn't just live, I thrived. The cherry atop your layered delusion cake is that you actually think I need you to protect me, and that killing was the best way to do that."

Spoiler

Round 8

Bahr: HP: 1394/1470 | EN: 96/144 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 79 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | BH: 73 | HB: 24 | LD: 5 | VAMP OFF | TAUNT | BLEEDING

Disguise cooldown: 3/3
Bahr used [x8 AoE Stun] Tempest-7 EN
ID: 174055 | BD: 10, Crit for 21x8=168-106=62 DMG | STUN INFLICTED | VAMPIRIC OFFENSIVE HEALS 147 HP

Oscar: HP: 1148/1440 | EN: 102/144 | DMG: 18 | MIT: 106 | ACC: 5 | EVA: 2 | BH: 72 | BLD: 36 (9-10) | ABS ACC | STUNNED