[F7-PP] Serpent of the Sanded Seas (Case of Wurms)

After a nights rest from the easy questing yesterday, Freya lays in bed smiling. Small birds chirp from outside Eruda's shop walls. All her problems in her head seemed to disappear when she was with that person Gaius was it. He made a great distraction from things that she didn't want to think about. Getting to her feet from her bed roll, she decides that she would pick another quest and invite him to come along again. With a glance around it was early and Eruda already seemed to be gone but she left a note on the counter saying "Be safe, Love you." Freya smiles and heads off to the town of beginnings, straight for the quest board to find something to help her level and get stronger. After sometime she gets to her destination and scans through the board remembering from last time how to do so. Picking a random one on a  lower floor should service, she thinks as she takes the Case of Wurms quest off the board with a smile. She opens the message part of her HUD and then thinks for a moment. She didn't want to seem like a needy child so she sends a message through guild chat instead saying:

Taking Case of Wurms quest if anyone wants to tag along. I'll be waiting on floor 7.

Freya

"There now if he responds it will be because he wants to come not because I asked him." She smiles a bit as she takes the teleport circle up to the desired floor and waits for someone to message back.

Freya | HP:200/200 | EN:20/20 | DMG:8 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | ACC:3

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 10
HP: 200/200
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 18
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 3]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Edited by Freya

A sudden ring upon his HUD as he restored the few materials he had left to his stocking wares in his pharmacy. He'd open and read what it had to offer and to his surprise, it was the girl he had rescued. She had found herself in the ranks that were Firm Anima's. It was interesting that she'd found her way here, but given her relation to Eruda, it should have been expected. Removing his robe from the countertop and ushering himself around it, swapping his glasses for a different pair as he set down the mythril pair after folding them. Opening the box and typing out but a simple acceptance to the girl:

I'll be there. I'll meet you on floor 7. Gaius are you in, given your proximity?

A little jingle plays as it enters the chatbox as it gleans shut, exiting the guild hall through its heavy double doors he could not find more pride in how often it was opening these days.

Raidou consumes: Poached Egg (+3 Acc, Filled)

Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:150/150 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:83

Spoiler

Raidou, Firm Anima Vanguard Captain
Level: 75
HP: 1665/1665
EN: 150/150

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 106
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 6
BH:83

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Mass Heal Crystal*5
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]
Commander's Scrutiny - Duress [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +2 Accuracy, Taunt

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

It was still rather early, Gaius was working on his breakfast as per his usual day. A white ceramic mug of black coffee in his clutches as he motioned from menu to menu like a news paper, reading the chattering rushing through the guild message log. "Always so damn busy, would it kill them to live a little?" Gaius barked out taking another sip, before he notices his name pop up in it. From Raidou of all people, the dude in red. He takes another sip, pondering a bit on if he wanted to step in this mess or not. After a few more moments of thought he begins to type out a reply:

"Well hell, let me finish my coffee. It's on this floor, then I'll meet you just outside the city on the north half. It's where I live."

He took another sip which finished the cup, moving with it some empty plates to the wash basin and grabbing his awaiting glaive from the kitchen counter. He was not one to store his things properly.

Gaius | HP:620/620 | EN:62/62 | DMG:15 | MIT:36 | H.M.:2 | L.M.:2 | REC:1

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon
Level: 31
HP: 620/620
EN: 62/62

Stats:
Damage: 15
Mitigation: 36
H.M.:2
L.M.:2
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Dragoon's Journey [2HAS] (T2/Perfect) Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum
Misc: Dragoon's Scales [Light] (T1/Perfect) 1 Recovery, 2 Light Momentum

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Boar Hide Belt [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) [+3 Loot Dice]
Teleport Crystal*1
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)*2

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Standing...Waiting... two messages came withing 5 minutes apart. First, from Raidou, the one that saved her, the man in Red. Then from Gaius and Freya couldn't help but smile. His house was on this floor, to the North of this town? Knowing that Raidou got the same message she takes one more glance around making sure Raidou wasn't around here yet. Sending a quick message through the same chat she says:

I"ll meet you there then...

She walks out of the town and looks up to her map. Making her way north like Gaius announced she ponders on the meal that she still owed him. She would ask him what sort of food he prefers versus others. She had just gotten her shop but has yet to use it. After what unraveled during that quest with Griswold she was trying to put all her ducks in a row before she made anything. She was a good cook back home, hopefully, that carries some weight cooking here too. After some time of walking straight north through a wheat field, she sees a house in the distance on top of a hill. A tavern of sorts, she starts heading toward it hoping that it was Gaius's and not some random shmoos.

Edited by Freya

Through the bright sun that composed Coral, upon a gate with a town still recovering bustle with activity. A mirroring on his lenses the sunlight dances as he hops onto the pad. A message to which he does not eye, assumed it to be typical chatter. The gate activates and waits for a command "Floor 7, Deep Edge" Raidou mutters, and with it, reality bends and he arrives within the settlement walls. "I'll be in town at the quest board." Raidou offers a quick message to the girl, who was nowhere in sight. An activation of tracking shows her heading outside of the walls, toward where Gaius was holed up. "Hmm." Raidou was intrigued at her choice but left it to what it was. Taking point and beginning to scroll through the listings, one he had yet to finish still in clear blue as he taps a finger.

Should they take to long, he'd simply end it himself as he had no time to waste.

Raidou activates vengeful riposte

Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:144/150 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Edited by Raidou

A final quaff of his morning brew as a bell rings, his patrons look to the new occupant then back to Gaius expectantly. They knew either of two could occur: He'd chastise them for being lazy, or tell them to pack their shit. "Ah you again, the deal was for you to cook for me. Not the other way around." Gaius goads her as she enters, remembering the girl from the snow of snowfrost. Spinning his glaive in his grasp he'd look to those loitering in his shop. "Get the hell out, I got something I got to do." Gaius barks, and in response they dart from the table with plates still half eaten. Heading for the threshold he slinks past Freya. "Take a picture, it will last longer." he whispers as he passes, the scents of spice still lingered on his skin. Hopping down the stairs he looked to Deep edge with a deep inhale, and a sharp exhale.

Standing at the door frame now she watches Gaius yell at the lot of people, she can't help but chuckle. Whistling past her with a scent of spice to his passing. The words said rang in her head. With a huff as he exits his shop as the other people run out and scatter. Walking to his side as he gazed out toward the scenery, "That would require a camera of which we obviously don't have here..." saying with a smirk on her face and a small whisper to his ear now saying "Mental picture taken," with a chuckle as she heads down the hill. She opens her HUD and fights with it slightly sending a message to Raidou in response to his: 

Take the quest then and sent us a party invite and quest share. We will meet you there. I have the knucklehead.
Freya

"We should be getting a share for the quest shortly. We will meet Raidou at the location to take this thing down. I don't want him waiting for us any longer than he has too." Freya starts walking down the hill knowing that they would have to at least be on solid ground for the journey. "OH and I know, I am working on that dam meal and I will make sure you like it too."

Edited by Freya

A direct message from Freya, a shake of his head for a moment before his screen opens in full. Ripping the guild roster to one side with his left as he tears through his inventory with the right. It shuts and opens the quest share before multiple screens open ajar. With both arms like a conductor Invites sent while his right operates the function of sending shares to those in the newly formed party. It was only for but a moment before they all slam shut. He watches the little gold blip that was Freya move within the walls before it transforms into the blue that was a party. "Good they understand that I have not the time to waste on this little endeavor." Raidou remarks a slight sway of red mixes around his frame, the test still underway. Taking steps toward meeting them leaving the smoke in his wake as it begins to fade.

Still ever the jokester, the girl must have been oblivious to her own HUD's screen capture function. "You really are an idiot." Gaius remarks rather brashly in response, to those who knew him, would know it a jest. "So Love, would you kindly figure your shit out. I don't want to hold your hand. Maybe spend an afternoon tapping buttons and seeing what shit does?" he takes the helm as she was attempting to send a message out. He plucks a piece of wheat from the field and holds it in his teeth, to his back the soft coo of Boris from the tavern door. "Keep the place warm boy, but don't get into shit. I'll feed you when I get back." He looks to Freya and a smug grin "It won't be long, I promise." The glaive docked behind his right armpit, he was hardly lying if he managed to land a blow it would be over.

Freya looks back with brow slightly risen. "I may be the idiot for now but your the one that took a million years to be ready. So much so that I had to come here to grab your ass." With a smirk back toward him and a chime from her HUD after already excepting the intel from Raidou. The quest marker was given and she looks to her map. Without looking at Gaius she says "Love huh? That what you are calling me now...Interesting choice." Her voice sounded a bit different from others previously. "Well let's get to it then shall we, you don't want to keep your bear waiting." She looks back to Gaius with a smile before heading to the destination. 

After a bit of walking her feet hit some sand. Right then her vision goes blank. An image pops into her head, one of them from before. A shadowed body on the ground being drug away from her and the same words from the male that was doing so. A woman, red hair in the distance chuckling at the view. Freya comes back to reality and grabs her head yelling "GET OUT OF MY HEAD" as she shuts her eyes tightly. After a moment, her eyes flash open...Dilated like before this time with a bit more control through having known what happened last time this feeling came about and being awake this time, changes everything. "Let's move, we have a snake to kill." Freya moves quicker toward the destination, her focus and words seemed to be aimed at the completion of the quest now. Mainly wanting to kill something...

Edited by Freya

As the girl burns a path behind him still chattering away as she does "You interrupted my breakfast and expected me to just drop what I am doing and wipe your ass? Turns out I got my own thing I do every day, Love that doesn't involve you." He gets a bit flustered but chooses to leave it be. He was itching for a fight and Freya was offering no respite from the fact with her insistent yammering. The ground shifts from roughened grass ridden stone to sands, soft in tan when an odd out of place yell from Freya causes him to pivot on his heel. "The hell? What you get a bug in your hair or something." The girl seemed lost in something and turning to where the objective was and back to Freya he could not help but feel like they'd hardly make it before Raidou did. "Hey how bout you chill the fuck out." Gaius could get the sense that something was amiss as he grabbed the girl's shoulder as she attempted to move past him, and without the idea that he had: he cared. "The snake can wait, whatever that shit was. Can't."

Freya being zoned out hears his first mocking words with a muffled tone. Making a smirky comment, something about a bug...ignored. Gaius grabs her shoulder and in reaction, she grabs his wrist without thinking about it. Him saying what he did, Freya's grip on his wrist loosens. "That is something I am not sure how to do," she was hesitant to talk to Gaius cause from previous conversations with him, he didn't want to hear her sappy story. Since then though her sappy story turned into a fear that she would never have imagined of having. Just speaking about it made her on edge. Freya stops walking when he says that the snake could wait. "I...I remembered how I got into that cave, thanks to my Gemini..." Her body filled with anger, fear. Emotions that she never felt. She didn't get scared ever but this memory scared the shit out of her. "There are people out there that are taking lower-level players like me and using then for god knows what," she tries to explain with little words so that it would make some sense. With pure fear in her eyes now thinking about the vision and what she saw, she looks to Gaius.

Edited by Freya

Gaius flipped his grip down and latched onto her wrist, a flutter of wind causes both of their hair to sway. "I would watch that, not everyone is going to be as nice as I would be." releasing her arm the dragoon looks around for a moment. "That damn thing is a part of you, if it showed it to you." he finds a pool of clear reflected water. "Then you were meant to know it. And you need to let that shit go. That was then and this is now, they want to drag someone away they are going to have to get through me first." Gaius barks and rips his hand near his face with an outstretched thumb. "I am not Assault Division for nothing, so you got nothing to worry about." he then jerks and points to the pond. "Sit your ass down, take a deep breath and get over this crap. If anyone else sees you this way you'll be benched." he remarked truthfully, as he had received that very threat.

The gust of wind given as Gaius reverse grabs her wrist was actually a bit relaxing in itself. Taking his advice knowing that it could become out of control if she was not careful, remembering what happened with Sam. Freya pulls her wrist from his grip and sits in the sand right then. Taking a deep breath in as she looks to the small puddle, her reflection. She starts thinking now as she had not gotten a chance to do this since her Gemini was consumed...Revenge...not an option, the anger would just spread and she was sure that it would reflect badly against her actions toward others. She had just joined the guild and the last thing she needed was to be benched as Gaius said. Taking another slow breath in, then out with her eyes closed. "I am not sure I can fully let go but I am learning to control it...They called themselves the Laughing Coffins..." Freya opens her eyes and touches the small pool of liquid with her fingertips. Seeming calmer than before she looks up to Gaius, "How do you know the calming stuff..." she asked with sincere eyes. She wasn't going to mention the voice in her head because he would then surely think she was crazy.

"Ha what a stupid thing to call yourself. Coffin, like they are already dead or dying." Gaius remarked taking to a fold of his legs to sit beside her. "I faced my own Gemini, and after running the bastard through I climbed the mountain. There I faced more of myself through the water. A simple reflection shows you quite a bit of who you are and who you are supposed to be. Turns out I could have had two spears, but no friends. I chose Firm Anima, which seemed easy enough choice for me." Gaius spoke honestly while looking into the pool as Freya toyed with the water. "Tell you what, you ever feel like you're losing it remember that I'll sock you one if you do. Trust me you don't want that, I can really let loose." Gaius chuckled while he joked about it, she was putting way too much thought into this. 

With a small chuckle, she says "Punch me back into reality..." She takes a handful of water and splashes it into her face. Pushing her hair back with her hand, she takes another deep breath. "Make it a promise and hurt when it happens, only then will I allow it." Glancing to Gaius with a grin. She was not afraid of pain. It's was part of what made her better herself in ways that others couldn't. "Thank you, Gaius." His words actually gave her insight. Talking about it definitely helped and for that, she felt like she owed him more. "I guess now I owe you a full-fledge meal." She looks back down at her reflection. Repeating his words now in her mind she smiles saying "If you can choose to be on the flip side of things then I can choose not to let this control me. I will become stronger because of it." With a small sigh, she gets to her feet. With a handheld out toward Gaius, she says "I am sorry for interrupting your morning functions, but if you don't mind could you keep whatever this was under the radar." She didn't want to tell him why she wanted him to come but she was really glad that he did show up. God knows what would have happened if he wasn't here to stop her.

Hopping up to his feet with a sudden vault, his glaive twirling before a metallic clank locks it in place. "Damn right you do, and it better be a big one, Love." he joked about it as he looked down at her "Please you think I can be bothered to parade your business around everywhere? And you can make it up to me, maybe next time just join me instead of just messaging and showing up. Let's get those noodles of yours bigger, maybe then you can stop worrying about this shit like I don't. Use what you've got, work toward something, and hell i'll help you. Life doesn't need to be difficult." He begins to head for where Raidou was on his HUD, with his spear ran along his shoulders. "Your welcome." he barks with a turn of his head, not wanting to get sucked into the sappy mood.

Looking to his HUD and seeing the pair pause, out of random he had not time to waste on this nonsense. They could go about their business but he would not waste a second longer. A feral hiss as it breaks the surface of tan sand, lunging for the player who it could feel through the ground via his footsteps. Raidou parries the fangs as they come for him in a spray of lights. A riposte tears it in twain and it follows with a sheath of his sword. Walking away from its carcass toward the pairing as it flickers and fades away. "Continue your discussion, I will see you both at a later date. I have things at which to attend to if you'll excuse me." Raidou spoke with a low word and a mirror of his lenses as a trail of red followed behind him with a heat he had yet tamed.

ID# 172507 results: Battle: 7+5=12, Hit! dealing 18x13=234-45=189 Damage, Killing Amphis Serpens!

Players:
Raidou | HP:1665/1665 | EN:134/150 | DMG:18 | MIT:106 | EVA:3 | ACC:5 | BH:83 | VENGEFUL

Mobs:
Amphis Serpens | HP:-14/175 | DMG:70 | MIT:45

Edited by Raidou

Freya gives Gaius a smile as she starts walking behind him toward the destination. Only a moment passes before hearing a clank between what sounding like 2 weapons and a burst of sand in the short distance. A chime of their HUD for quest completion. "DAM IT, someone took it ag..." Freya wasn't able to finish her sentence before Raidou comes out of the dusted explosion. Walking past her and Gaius with words that made it sound like he had to be somewhere else right about now. Freya turns to face now Raidou back as he walks away from them. "Great...I think he heard us...how much though..." Red mist follows his footsteps, Freya gets an eerie feeling from him as she looks to Gaius. "I...I think I fucked up...Pissed Raidou off," glancing back to where Raidou was walking...he was gone...just gone..."Fine... your quest, I follow. I will make your food..." Realizing she was focused on Raidou who was no longer there she turns to Gaius with a grin saying "I will make sure it's great. Maybe you can learn a thing or two from me." She quickly gives Gaius a kiss on the cheek before quickly making her escape for the town. "Well do you want food or not, I'm buying." She calls out walking away from him. She gave him that peck for a small thanks and the food would be more...

Slamming one hand against his face turns out all that talking wasn't slowing anything down. "Knowing that dude, all of it. He's like a damn radar, picks up everything. Some time's I feel like he's watching me from space. Nah don't worry about it, Trust me if you piss him off..." Gaius trails off for a moment before swallowing hard. "You'll know." Freya began discussing her cooking and boasting about how she was better. "Please, I am the best chef in Aincrad, Love." and then is swatted by a kiss on his face. "YOU WANNA FIGHT OR SOMETHING?" Gaius barks having been taken off guard and leaping instantly into self defense like a cornered animal. He takes a step back, looks at her again before speaking up "Yeah, why not just uh...Keep that shit to yourself, Love you don't want none of this." he spoke, and as he turned to walk away, a smile formed on his face that Freya would not be able to see.

Quest Completion:
Freya
5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Completion)
Raidou
Gaius
Simmone (Guild Treasurer)
400*Col (400 Thread Closure)
3*Snake Venom (4/10 Envenom)

Edited by Gaius