Walking into the house after having gone down to the fourth floor to do her crafts, Shay closes the door behind her and takes a deep breath. Chase had bought them this mansion all by himself basically. It felt overwhelming really. She was rich in the real world. If anything, this would be the opposite way around there. Wonder how that would affect his pride.

In a sense, Shay was really starting to feel familiar with this world as in the real one. She had originally bought this game to get away from the real world and relax, but after relaxing so long, she felt like she wasn't really doing her part in the game. Was she really this much of a wussy? Just hidden under a hardened shell of self loathing?

Trying to take her mind of that depressing bullshit she walks into the living room and takes a seat on the couch, trying to calm her restless thoughts.

Spoiler

Name: Shay
Level: 32
HP: 640/640
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 42
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 4
BLD:24
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: (Katana)Murasame α: ACC 2; BLD 1
Armor: Leather Overcoat: EVA 3
Misc: Deep Red Tie: Recovery 2; ACC 1

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter III

Mods:
Precision

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Incarceration*2
T1 Mass HP Rec. II*1
T1 HP Rec. I*2
T1 Instant HP Rec. I*2

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Chase had just returned from putting up with Sven's bullshit, opening the door to hear... noise. Finally, Shay was home. He didn't want to bring her down any more than she already was, but unless she helped herself, there was nothing better he could do. Just put her in the right path and hope she takes it. He changed into his vanity armor that resembled pyjamas, unequipping his sword and quietly walked into the living room too, smiling slightly as he saw her on the couch. "Yo. It's been a while.", he told her rather awkwardly and sat by her, keeping his fingers weaved and his hands resting on his knees.

"... Can we talk for a bit? It's... been a bit since we last did.", he grumbled with a deep sigh, trying to put himself in the right mindset. This was his one time to not fuck up, so he had to word it as best as he could. "... We're still going to be partners after all. What I have with her is invaluable. It just doesn't feel right this way.", he nodded to himself and turned his head to look at her with a serious expression, waiting for her response. 

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 63
HP: 1290/1290
EN: 126/126

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:64
VAMP DEF:64
FRZ:24
BLD:24
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Rank 1]
Charge [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Shay sits quietly for a moment. There was a lot on her mind right now but still she managed to figure up what she needed to say. "Hey, yeah. If something is on your mind I'm here to listen, even if I'm not in the best headspace myself. What's on your mind?" She asked trying to get comfortable in her seat.

"I know that I've been kind of lazy and dodgy lately. I'm sorry about that." She added. The more she was thinking about this more she was realizing just how independent she was. Even with a boyfriend, she always wanted to be alone. Was that really the source of this problem? Was Chase going to bring that up with her? Maybe this was something completely unrelated to it. It was difficult to come to terms with, but maybe she was relying too much on his presence in her life while simultaneously avoiding him.

"It's not... really that.", he muttered and let out another sigh. This was the one time that no matter how much he thought about it, he felt completely horrible with words despite his absolutely best efforts not to be. "I just don't think there's any point in being a 'couple'. I mean... Nothing will change even if we just stick to partners, right? We don't talk a lot and all so it feels wrong... Being 'soulmates' but barely talking or seeing one another when we even live in the same house.". However awful he might have sounded saying that, he was speaking his mind clearly.

Obviously, he didn't want to hurt her. But a fair bit of the blame was on Shay, after all... "I want us to keep living together, I want you to still be able to call this your home. I just don't want a title if it means nothing. Because right now, it... it kinda does. Don't you think the same?", he asked her with a sad smile. It didn't feel as bad because he was breaking up, as much as he did at the mere idea she'd get even worse. She had to pull through this herself though.

The initial shock of the break-up had hardly reached much of a reaction from Shay. How did she know this was going to be the topic of discussion? Nevertheless, she did it with the best composure that she could muster. "I-- I agree. This doesn't feel very right in my mind. Perhaps things were way too rushed between us." Deep down, Shay felt the sadness. Even though they were further apart from each other than ever before, it still felt like her heavy heart had just been ripping in half.

Standing up from her seat, Shay lets out a heavy sigh and looks down to her partner. "For now, I want to be alone. This whole ordeal is weighing heavily on my mind. I noticed it just the same as you did. Let's say we take a good few days away from each other. No talking or questing for awhile. Just give me some time to figure some things out, okay? I need to get myself together and just... relax."

As soon as Shay got up, Chase knew that she was already getting hurt by it. He wanted to feel sad, to cry, but... now's not the time. Become a mess later, on your own. He quietly got up too and nodded, opening his inventory to equip... a katana? No, it wasn't even equipped, just out of his inventory. He quietly held it out for her, looking at her with a determined expression, as serious as before. "Shay... We're partners. Take as long as you need, and... get strong enough to use this. Please come back safe. I talked with pink and she wanted you to have this.", he admitted and offered her the katana, feeling some beads of sweat form on his forehead.

It felt somewhat off, to wave her goodbye with a relay gift, but... Whatever the case, it is what it is. He couldn't offer her much right now, and it would just make her feel worse if it was from him. Alongside the katana, he took out an etching too, holding it next to the katana. "Get strong enough to use this and make it back. I'll be waiting so we can go out again like before.", he repeated with a small smile on his face, wanting her to know she'd always have his full support. A hug or other intimate gesture would just make her feel worse, so he avoided those.

[ChaseR offers Yatsufusa (T3/Demonic/Katana, BLD I, KEEN I, ACC I, FRZ I) and Cerberus Etching (Unique/Consumable).]

Shay could feel the presence of the katana. Somehow, it was calling to her. Perhaps ChaseR couldn't really feel the intensity that she was, but as she reached out to take the katana, it's malevolence seemed to eat at her hand. Some sort of dark, evil sword? It was surely strong, she got that impression just by looking at it.

"Thank you. The next time you see me, hopefully I'll be stronger than ever." Shay mentions, returning the hug to ChaseR. This would probably be the last time that she would see him for sometime, not that she was going to ghost him. She would answer messages she got from him, but when it came to doing quests, it might take awhile for her to get over this. Some solo play or time with other players would do her well. 

"I don't want to make this more painful by staying too long. If we drag it out it will only hurt more. When I'm ready to get back to it, I'll message you." She said to Chase heading towards the door. After saying her goodbyes to him, the girl made her way through the safe zone towards the teleporter. She wasted no time in heading to the fourth floors snowy plains. A quiet place for anyone looking to hide away. Home was where she was heading, back to the hot springs. Grace-Eon was still there, waiting for her to come back.

The katana in her hand still clawed an unsettling feeling up her arm. The more it continued to do so, the more Shay wanted to get a little greedy and see it before hand. The blade held out in front of her, the rogue grabbed the hilt and attempted to unsheathe it. Deeming her unworthy, the unique blade bit back at her. A mark surged up her arm and a slight bit of pain through it. It branded her with a tattoo that stretched from there to her legs and face. After shaking off that pain, Shay breathed heavily. "So-- That's how it's going to be then? Even you reject me. Fine. I'll cut my own path asunder with sheer willpower then, you piece of shit!"

Spoiler

Accepts Yatsufusa and the Cerberus Etching