[PP-22] <<King of Lakes>> Lake Placid: The Spin-off

Bright blue sky, chirping birds, a sparkling lake, and half-docile forest animals. It was a different feeling for him, he could even hear "Close To You" by Carpenters playing in his head. He was used to traversing deadly floor with penalties to a player's health points, he wasn't afraid of the penalty with the health points. Even the wind on the floor was calm, almost everything in zen and he didn't like it. "that lake has deadly crocodile written all over it" he told himself. Crozeph sat on the grass about a hundred feet away from the lake. He wasn't going to risk it, monsters can be terrifying if a player is caught off-guard. He wore his usual garb, a Meiji era-inspired uniform a ghost at floor four made, his katana resting on his shoulder with its irregular shaped blade and hilt visible. Crozeph had been hearing of catching some kind of fish on the floor. A quest he got some info for free from a broker, it looked simple but considering how things work inside Aincrad, Crozeph knew not to trust appearances and he learned it in the most traumatizing way possible. 

He took a deep breath and let out a bored sigh, fewer people inhabit the floor and even if he includes all the NPCs that he encountered, it wasn't even enough to overthrow a landlord. "Should I gamble on this quest again? I mean I'll just catch a fish right?" he asked himself. His thoughts then shifted to a girl in a black cloak melting, it was horrifying and Crozeph placed his palm on his forehead trying to make it stop appearing. It took a few seconds but it felt like an hour to him. He stared at the lake again, trying to rack his brain what plan he has to come up with so that he won't be caught off guard "I should check my equipment first" he thought as he began to shuffle into his inventory menu.

@Cordelia

stat.jpg.b5e530f877052de8dce929c122ea427d.jpg

Crozeph [Level 53]
  | HP: 1090/1090 | EN: 106/106
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45
  | FRZ: 1 | BRN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1

Total SP: 224
  Allocated: 217
  Remaining: 7

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
  Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Regis Arma: Skadi Alter [T2 Perfect]
    -- Freeze +1 
    Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra (12 * Tier) unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.
    -- ACC +1
    -- Burn +1 Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Burn damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- A huntress trapped in Dun Scaith, she survived and emerged victorious earning the respect of its ruler, Scathach. A huntress carrying the cold and harsh winter with her yet a ferocity likened to a flame now seen in her eyes. Skadi Alter combines two elements and fires it in one go should the wielder harness the same hunting instinct the huntress has. Either one would freeze in from its fierce flames or burn in its searing coldness.
  • Cloak of the  Evening Bells [T3 perfect]
    -- MIT +1

-- EVA +2
    -- 
    "Once worn by a king or a monarch, whichever it was it doesn't matter for anyone who dons this cloak is tasked to take the head of anyone who dares to cross the line and kill, be it humans or monsters." A black cloak with fabric at the collar. It is worn to cover the dominant hand of the wearer and put up an air of monarchy. It can also serve as a protection against attacks though not as efficient as heavy armor but boast its lightweight features to add speed to the wearer.
  • Ars Paulina
    -- Recovery +1

-- ACC +2
    -- 
    Description: "There is a time for everything and to that there is also an end but there is no need to fret for it is to be accepted." A pocket watch made by a powerful mage who possesses ten rings. This silver watch has no intricate designs outside yet its structure inside is powerful enough to restore energy and even make time dilate making its user see things slightly slower than the usual. 

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 3/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 5/5
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Searching | Passive | RANK 1 +1 LD

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Edited by Crozeph

"Hey Crozeph!" 

From behind a few trees, a familiar girl and her two birds appeared, signature smile and all. The boy looked a little bit lost in thought when she had arrived, as if he was recalling some past trauma or something. She hoped she didn't scare him too terribly with her loud greeting. 

"Are you here to do that lake quest involving the fish?" she asked, plopping herself down on the grass right next to him, the two crows on her shoulders fluttering in annoyance just slightly as she did so. "I mean, that's kind of the only noteworthy quest on this floor, so I apologize if I'm wrong," Cordelia added quickly, hoping that she didn't completely embarrass herself in front of another one of Baldur's students. Other than that witch quest, (which wasn't really that fun to do) this was kind of the only quest on this floor, and considering that he was sitting pretty close to the lake itself, she thought it was a pretty reasonable prediction! 

"I just thought I'd ask since I was planning on doing it solo," she said, popping open the lid to the vial she had before chugging it down in one fell swoop. She gave him a silly smile before the bottle dematerialized in her hand. "This is pretty much just a party offer, so yay or nay?"

Spoiler

[STATS:]

[ LVL: 59 | HP: 1200/1200 | EN: 118/118 | 23 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC ]

[EQUIPPED:]

▶ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
 ▶ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
 ▶ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

[CONSUMED:]

▶ Liquor of Light: +3 DMG

[SKILLS AND MODS:]

Spoiler

[NON-COMBAT]:

[PASSIVE]:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement.
     ● Description: Your Familiar helps you in combat. For each skill level invested, the players gains +1 to their Base Damage. You may only benefit from one Familiar Mastery skill at a time. These bonuses cannot exceed your enhancement cap.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>>

☆ R3 HIDING SKILL: +3 Stealth Rating
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: +1 Stealth Rating per rank.
     ● Description: Blend into your surroundings, making it harder for monsters and other players to sense your presence and detect you.

☆ R5 LIGHT ARMOR SKILL: [25 MIT]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain mitigation based on your rank in the Light Armor skill. May only benefit from one armor skill at a time.
     ● Description: You become proficient with light armor.
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP

☆ DISGUISE:
     ▷ Active: Free Action
     Cooldown: 3 Turns
     ▶ Effect: Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn
     ● Description: After having fought and killed your duplicate, you have learnt how to use its trick of becoming another, visually becoming another target.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

☆ SURVIVAL: 
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
     ▶ Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<The Traveler>>

[COMBAT]:

☆ R5 BATTLE HEALING
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
Description: Passively recover health in battle.

☆ R3 CHARGE

Active: Post Action
     ▶ Effect: +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects from other skills and mods (e.g. Suprise Attack mods from Hiding, Tracking mod from Searching) and now have a -1 Accuracy debuff.
Description: Charge towards an opponent to inflict extra damage.

[WEAPON SKILLS]:

☆ R1 CURVED SWORD SKILL [DISREGARDED] 
☆ R5 KATANA SKILL [7 DMG/+1 DMG]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +3 base damage for rank 1, then +1 base damage for ranks 2-5.

> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

> Precision: +1 ACC

> R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

Spoiler

HOUSING BUFFS:

☆ RELAXED:
     ▷ Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

☆ ADVANCED TRAINING:
     ▷ +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

TASTY:
     ▷ Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.

☆ HARD-WORKING:
     ▷ +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

SCENTS OF THE WILD STATUE BUFFS:

• The Statues' stat effects cannot be used until a player has PERSONALLY gathered all 6 trophies. You cannot gather three and another player get three and put them together.
  • Statues are non-tradeable, they are bound to your own player.
  • You can only have one statue effect activated at a time in a thread (I.E. You can't have +1 Damage and +50 Overhealth, you can only have one or the other in a thread).
  • Statues cosmetic effects can be used anywhere, but only one can be used in a certain area at a time

☆ KUMATETSU STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated «The Leech Lich». When used, it gives +1 LD for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the musty, re-used air, the heaviness of the floor's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It also gives off the feeling of dread, being watched from every angle, and unseen creatures waiting in the shadows. It can also be taken to group gatherings to give an atmosphere.

MORETSUNA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Mighty Mōretsuna. When used, it gives +50 base health for one thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the ocean from the beaches surrounding the islands. The sound of waves crashing along the shore and the scent of the sea air carried from far off lands, and the warm feeling of the sun against a person's skin. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ TANOS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ MOTHRA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Stealthy Suterusu. When used, it gives +1 Energy recovery for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the old and abandoned ruins found throughout the floor. The sweet plants that grow within the overgrown areas combine to make a pure, sweet scent that can almost be seen as romantic.  A slow, steady rhythm can be heard, echoing over mountains from hidden tribes. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

BIALAS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Shocking Taneuma. When used, it gives +1 Taunt buff for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the forests surrounding the area. The sweet smell of fresh sap coming from maple trees is strong and gives a fragrant aroma. The sound of a nearby lake can be heard, a fish can also be heard jumping to the surface and landing back down into the water with a small splash every few moments, and the distant sounds of birds can be heard as well. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

Crozeph turned his head at the mention of his name and saw Cordelia. It's been a while since they met or maybe not that long. A house tour, the boss meeting, and from way back when she was with Baldur and found him staring like an idiot in the Stygian river. "Oh it's you empress or..." Crozeph thought about it again, the three of them together make it look like they're some kind of Shinsengumi but without Baldur in the area then maybe they're just regular people. 

"Yeah I plan to do the quest here, I think I've done it before but since I can't remember well when I'm gonna be doing it" he raised his thumb "it's a yay," he told her. Crozeph shooed the crows away from Cord as they talked "weird how Baldur isn't with you this time, you two seemed to always meet in one place, coincidence or not" he added. Crozeph stood up and took a good look at the lake "ok time to stop thinking of getting stabbed by a holy dagger, let's get this quest done and eat the fish after killing it" he loosened the fabric covering Skadi "then call ourselves the Fish Kingslayers." 

"Alright! That's great. I really hate doing quests solo. Takes all the fun out of it, you know?" she asked, a wide smile on her face as she did so. A light laugh left her as Crow shooed off Pacco, leaving fluttering almost annoyingly to the grass. Didn't blame him though. It's hard to talk to someone when they have two large birds on their shoulders. 

Cordelia tilted her head. "I guess so. Believe it or not, I probably don't spend as much time with Baldur as you think I do," she chuckled, tucking a strand of ivory hair behind her ear before she leaned back. "We do train and do quests a lot, yeah, but he's been more occupied with Jacob's Ladder recently, and being in separate guilds makes it a bit hard to catch a good time to work on training and stuff," she giggled, emphasizing the statement a bit more by making a tiny finger gesture. Again, she couldn't blame the man. If she had just started a guild, she would've taken most of her time trying to develop more of it as well. 

"Getting stabbed by a holy dagger?" she echoed, giving him a mix of a concerned and weirded out look. She laughed, shaking her head at the boy's silliness before brushing off her lap. " agree, let's start heading out. I'm not sure if I find a land-walking fish appealing to eat, but you can go ham on it," she joked, pushing herself off of the ground to stand before gesturing her head for the boy to follow her. "There's a bit we have to do before we have to fight the big bad boss, so let's hurry up and get that done, yeah?"

Crozeph nodded his head in approval. No time to waste on a simple quest, well if he was thirty levels below he'd be stalling so hard Alexander the Great would be annoyed. Crozeph led the way to the place, it would be a few minutes of travel since he heard that the King of Lakes appears only in that certain area. He could remember Yuki stomping on his foot for requesting her to cook a lizard and low he learned that one shouldn't ask for weird food recipes but learning takes time and he's about to hit a stumbling block again "hey ever tried cooking lizards? where I come from people eat a certain kind of it but I don't know if lizards here are palatable when cooked" he asked Cordelia.

The revelation of her not being with Baldur all the time was surprising, it seems Baldur was busier than he ever thought. "I get what you mean, I usually just go to the guild to catch up with everyone, at times I see Baldur and Calrex along with his shirtless training attire in the dojo," he told her. "I train alone for now but one day I'll get my ass whooped by Baldur in training so I gotta work on the basics" he may have a good background of kendo but his scrawny build was no match when it comes to those who have practiced for so long, especially Ariel and Baldur.

Crozeph looked at her name and guild "The Tarot? I think I've seen that guild name before from someone" it was a familiar name and he tried to remember who was that person where he saw the guild name.