[PP|F1]<<The First Few Lessons>> A quick start

Walking through The Town Of Beginnings, Felis let out a long sigh, his long hair falling back to expose his masked face the skull hiding the majority of his face leaving only his mouth for view. It had been months since this death game had started and he still has yet to level in the slightest. Walking through the town he noticed many other low-level players hiding away until the people at the frontline freed them from this hell hole of their new reality. It disgusted him that he was among them, just biding his time and waiting, he knew he should enjoy his time and in the place, where laws didn't exist outside of the games simple moral system.

Letting his usual devilish smile crawl onto his face he scowed around the town hunting for an NPC that would give him a quest that could evolve his levels further. Soon stumbling across an NPC's workshop that seemed to be giving out quests before heading in he saw another player that looked much higher level than the rest. Felis thought to himself, "I could always use more information even if it means talking to these disgusting creatures" Felis' smile turned even brighter his fang-like teeth showing "Excuse me I hate to be a bother but could you help me with this quest here, I am new to the system after all" Felis put on a charmingly act as he talked, trying to come off as almost friendly.

@Cordelia

Spoiler

Felis: HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 9 | LM: 1

Edited by Felis

"It's been good seeing you, Zackiriah. Keep up the good work with the newer players!" Cordelia exclaimed, drumming her slender fingers against the wooden frame of the old NPC's desk a few times before giving him a pleasant wave goodbye. She never thought in a million years she would get so chummy with the NPCs here, but she's grown a bit fond of them over the past few months. It was hard to keep believing that they were just ones and zeroes, especially if they were programmed with such compelling lore and personalities. Zackiriah was a jolly old man she'd like to visit from time to time if she was on town though, especially after how much he helped her when she first started out. 

"Oh, sorry-" 

The girl took a quick step back, nearly bumping into a stranger who just so happened to be in the store as well. While that in it of itself wasn't such a huge surprise, it was the skull-like mask and sharp teeth that caught her attention. Usually a mask isn't very peculiar but this one gave her some... vibes. Edgy vibes. 'I'm secretly plotting your death in my head' vibes. This certainly wasn't her first rodeo but she really wondered, how many of these are there out there? It was kind of crazy how many people just kind of... walked around like they just came out of some kind of horror movie. 

"It's not problem, really, but uh..." she trailed off, her gaze shifting over to the small window where a small trickle of sunlight shone through. It was still pretty early, so time shouldn't really be much of an issue. Cordelia turned back to the guy, not sure if she was making eye contact with the guy or not because two giant black holes had replaced the spot where his eyes should be. 

"Of course, I'd be happy to help."

Spoiler

[STATS:]

[ LVL: 59 | HP: 1200/1200 | EN: 118/118 | 19 DMG | 25 MIT | 5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC ]

[EQUIPPED:]

▶ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
 ▶ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
 ▶ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

[CONSUMED:]

[SKILLS AND MODS:]

Spoiler

[NON-COMBAT]:

[PASSIVE]:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement.
     ● Description: Your Familiar helps you in combat. For each skill level invested, the players gains +1 to their Base Damage. You may only benefit from one Familiar Mastery skill at a time. These bonuses cannot exceed your enhancement cap.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>>

☆ R3 HIDING SKILL: +3 Stealth Rating
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: +1 Stealth Rating per rank.
     ● Description: Blend into your surroundings, making it harder for monsters and other players to sense your presence and detect you.

☆ R5 LIGHT ARMOR SKILL: [25 MIT]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain mitigation based on your rank in the Light Armor skill. May only benefit from one armor skill at a time.
     ● Description: You become proficient with light armor.
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP

☆ DISGUISE:
     ▷ Active: Free Action
     Cooldown: 3 Turns
     ▶ Effect: Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn
     ● Description: After having fought and killed your duplicate, you have learnt how to use its trick of becoming another, visually becoming another target.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

☆ SURVIVAL: 
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
     ▶ Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<The Traveler>>

[COMBAT]:

☆ R5 BATTLE HEALING
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
Description: Passively recover health in battle.

☆ R3 CHARGE

Active: Post Action
     ▶ Effect: +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects from other skills and mods (e.g. Suprise Attack mods from Hiding, Tracking mod from Searching) and now have a -1 Accuracy debuff.
Description: Charge towards an opponent to inflict extra damage.

[WEAPON SKILLS]:

☆ R1 CURVED SWORD SKILL [DISREGARDED] 
☆ R5 KATANA SKILL [7 DMG/+1 DMG]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +3 base damage for rank 1, then +1 base damage for ranks 2-5.

> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

> Precision: +1 ACC

> R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

Spoiler

HOUSING BUFFS:

☆ RELAXED:
     ▷ Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

☆ ADVANCED TRAINING:
     ▷ +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

TASTY:
     ▷ Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.

☆ HARD-WORKING:
     ▷ +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

SCENTS OF THE WILD STATUE BUFFS:

• The Statues' stat effects cannot be used until a player has PERSONALLY gathered all 6 trophies. You cannot gather three and another player get three and put them together.
  • Statues are non-tradeable, they are bound to your own player.
  • You can only have one statue effect activated at a time in a thread (I.E. You can't have +1 Damage and +50 Overhealth, you can only have one or the other in a thread).
  • Statues cosmetic effects can be used anywhere, but only one can be used in a certain area at a time

☆ KUMATETSU STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated «The Leech Lich». When used, it gives +1 LD for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the musty, re-used air, the heaviness of the floor's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It also gives off the feeling of dread, being watched from every angle, and unseen creatures waiting in the shadows. It can also be taken to group gatherings to give an atmosphere.

MORETSUNA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Mighty Mōretsuna. When used, it gives +50 base health for one thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the ocean from the beaches surrounding the islands. The sound of waves crashing along the shore and the scent of the sea air carried from far off lands, and the warm feeling of the sun against a person's skin. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ TANOS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ MOTHRA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Stealthy Suterusu. When used, it gives +1 Energy recovery for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the old and abandoned ruins found throughout the floor. The sweet plants that grow within the overgrown areas combine to make a pure, sweet scent that can almost be seen as romantic.  A slow, steady rhythm can be heard, echoing over mountains from hidden tribes. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

BIALAS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Shocking Taneuma. When used, it gives +1 Taunt buff for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the forests surrounding the area. The sweet smell of fresh sap coming from maple trees is strong and gives a fragrant aroma. The sound of a nearby lake can be heard, a fish can also be heard jumping to the surface and landing back down into the water with a small splash every few moments, and the distant sounds of birds can be heard as well. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

"Great! The name's Felis pleasure to meet you, quite a pleasure indeed!" Felis grabbed the players hands shaking them with force before shoving them into the NPCs workshop, the dialogue from the NPC starting up as it would to any player giving the details of the quest, the old man NPC spoke "Oh hello there new player, my name is Zackariah and this is my workshop. I'm here to teach you the basics of Sword Art Online, first of all, I'd like you to go out and collect some materials for me and bring them back here, hm about five should be enough." 

"Well then! That was insanely dull, let us get moving onto the next stage of this thing. If you'd be so kind as to show the way" Felis leaned down as guided his hand towards the door as if he was instructing the nice player to do so rather than asking politely, his fanged smile still present on his face he eyes glimmering through the black voids of the mask slightly now that he was more close the other player's eye level. 

@Cordelia

Spoiler

Edited by Felis

"Likewise. You can call me Cordelia," she replied, blinking in slight surprise when he forcefully took her hand and started shaking it, and to top it all off, he pushed her right on back into the shop like she was some sort of ragdoll. Already, she could tell that she wouldn't like this guy. Obviously, his words were sweet but they didn't quite match his actions. The platinum-haired player let out a low sigh before running a hand down her face. She'll most definitely regret this later, but not everything will be a loss. This Felis guy definitely seemed suspicious and while he was certainly on the lower end of the spectrum when it came to levels, she's seen how fast people can rise the ranks, including herself. Who knows? Maybe today he's a newbie doing the tutorial questline and tomorrow he'd be the next leader of a wannabe Laughing Coffin. In a world of virtual reality and death, she wouldn't doubt the idea. 

Cordelia gave Zackariah an almost apologetic smile before turning back to Felis. "Of course," she bit back, an almost sickly sweet smile on her face before she whistled towards a corner of the shop. "C'mon Pacco." The sound of fluttering wings quickly filled the air as two large blackbirds flew over to her, each one landing on separate shoulders. "I hope you don't mind if my familiar tags along, Felis," she added, gesturing over to the two crows on her shoulders. "Meet Pacco, and yes, they're the same entity hence why they only have one name. Somewhat of a hivemind kind of thing," she shrugged, not even sure if she was completely in the right or not. Glancing at him from the corners of her eyes, she gave a stiff nod over to the door before she proceeded out of it. 

"I suppose that we should head to the forest instead of the plains. There lays a certain risk with all the terrain in there but it'll prove more high-yielding than the grasslands," she said along the way. "I don't think you'll have to worry about the mobs. As long as I'm around and you're not being stupid, everything should be alright," Cordelia stated bluntly, her hand resting reassuringly on the hilt of her katana.

Felis leaned back as the crows flew down and landed on top of Cordelia staring down at them "I don't mind at all my dear!" Felis reached down to pet one of the birds softly before lifting up his cane and held it behind his back waiting for Cordelia to lead the way to the forest.

As they walked Felis kept his distance behind her keeping his view fixed on her, his usual smile not leaving his face as he hummed to himself gently tapping his cane in beat with the song and steps. "Hah! You hardly have to worry about me being stupid, just make sure you don't lose me in this forest that you're taking me to." Felis chuckled at what was essentially nothing before striding ahead of her, tapping her with his elbow along with hitting the crow as he passed.

"They do make these quests ridiculous though, collecting silly materials for some silly fake person might as well just give the rewards. But that would spoil it, after all." Felis laughed loudly once again at his terrible pun.

@Cordelia

Spoiler

"You don't have to worry about that," she uttered, not being able to help her lip curling into a sneer as he passed by, intentionally brushing his elbow against her and Pacco. Her bird friends didn't seem too happy about the whole ordeal, both fluttering atop her shoulders rather chaotically, as if tempted to rush after the man and peck him to death, and honestly, she couldn't blame them. If she were a bird with a short temper, she would do the exact same thing. 

With a heavy sigh, Cordelia pressed the pads of her fingers down on her temples, as if she was chaperoning a bus full of loud, annoying, kindergarteners. This interaction was bound to leave her with a headache at the end of the day, but she couldn't bring herself to just leave a supposedly innocent low level in the middle of nowhere. "They're trying to teach you how to use the system," she replied back flatly. "It may seem stupid but this questline teaches a lot of players the basics of SAO," Cordelia stated, the corners of her mouth twitching in irritation before she took another deep sigh. 

"We're here." The walk to the forest wasn't too far away from the Town of Beginnings, fortunately, but their journey was far from over. "You can look for anything that you think would go well in a potion. Zackariah didn't ask for anything specific, thankfully, so gather to your heart's content."

Felis looked around the forest humming before walking up to what appeared to him to be a gathering spot "So I just go up to these spots and poke around until something pops up? How quaint!" He said before leaning down and rummaging through the thick grass on the forest floor. Smiling brightly he picked up some material that seemed that it could be used for potion making "How simple! So I've just got to do this four more times?" 

Felis said smugly walking past Cordelia tapping her with his elbow once again "By the by why do you call those NPCs by their names they aren't people so why try to respect them" He laughed to himself looking for another spot to gather the materials that he needed to finish this quest tapping his cane through the grass and against the trees to avoid having to lean down at every moment, his smile still fixed on his face as he hummed"

@Cordelia

Spoiler

roll1.png.544fe362d165450ce30fc24cd0d283c0.png