[PP-17] <<Herculean Labor: The Nemean Lion>> w/ Haine

"Lions kidnapping a bunch of beautiful women, huh..?" Cordelia mumbled, scratching her chin as she left Queen Delia's palace. "Hynes said that this quest isn't too awfully hard, but it'd be difficult to solo it," she muttered, opening her menu to take a quick inventory before sighing. Everyone was busy today. Oscar was out doing his own quests, and she was sure the others were doing the same. She probably should've planned this ahead of time so she could have a party, darnit. 

"What do you say, Pacco? Do you think we can solo this?" she asked, tilting her head to the two birds perched on her shoulders. Not even her familiar seemed content with the idea, and honestly she couldn't blame them. She could postpone this quest for another day, but it'd be a waste, especially since the floor boss raid was so close. She had to get her levels in now or she wasn't going to be ready in time for the raid. 

Perhaps she could ask around the city? Floor seven was bound to have some high levels player roaming around in it, right? 

@Haine

Spoiler

[STATS:]

[ LVL: 59 | HP: 1200/1200 | EN: 118/118 | 25 DMG | 45 MIT | 7 ACC | 5 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | PHSE | 12 HLY | ABS. ACC ]

[EQUIPPED:]

▶ T3 Katana | Onimaru: PHSE, 12 HLY, ABS. ACC
 ▶ T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
 ▶ T2 Jewelry | Empress' Kanzashi: +3 ACC, +1 EVA

[BATTLE READY:]

[CONSUMED:]

Udon Bowl: 2 ACC
▶ Ramen Bowl: 2 EVA
 Super Buff Shoyu Ramen: +2 Protein
 Super Armor Miso Ramen: +45 MIT
 Liquor of Light: +3 DMG

[SKILLS AND MODS:]

Spoiler

[NON-COMBAT]:

[PASSIVE]:

☆ R3 Fighter Familiar Skill: +9 DMG
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +(1 * Tier) base damage per Rank when fighting with your familiar. This does not stack with the Damage enhancement.
     ● Description: Your Familiar helps you in combat. For each skill level invested, the players gains +1 to their Base Damage. You may only benefit from one Familiar Mastery skill at a time. These bonuses cannot exceed your enhancement cap.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<Feeding the Enemy>>

☆ R3 HIDING SKILL: +3 Stealth Rating
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: +1 Stealth Rating per rank.
     ● Description: Blend into your surroundings, making it harder for monsters and other players to sense your presence and detect you.

☆ R5 LIGHT ARMOR SKILL: [25 MIT]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain mitigation based on your rank in the Light Armor skill. May only benefit from one armor skill at a time.
     ● Description: You become proficient with light armor.
  > Athletics: +1 Base DMG, +20 HP

☆ DISGUISE:
     ▷ Active: Free Action
     Cooldown: 3 Turns
     ▶ Effect: Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn
     ● Description: After having fought and killed your duplicate, you have learnt how to use its trick of becoming another, visually becoming another target.
Possible to obtain after completing the quest <<The Gemini>>

☆ SURVIVAL: 
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.
     ▶ Description: After braving the harsh sands of the desert, harsh environmental hazards no longer affect you.
Unlocked after completing the quest <<The Traveler>>

[COMBAT]:

☆ R5 BATTLE HEALING
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: While in combat, recover 1% per rank of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.
Description: Passively recover health in battle.

☆ R3 CHARGE

Active: Post Action
     ▶ Effect: +1 base damage per rank to a single attack. You may only use a Charge attack once per opponent per combat and only if it is possible via roleplay. A charge attack negates any auto-hit effects from other skills and mods (e.g. Suprise Attack mods from Hiding, Tracking mod from Searching) and now have a -1 Accuracy debuff.
Description: Charge towards an opponent to inflict extra damage.

[WEAPON SKILLS]:

☆ R1 CURVED SWORD SKILL [DISREGARDED] 
☆ R5 KATANA SKILL [7 DMG/+1 DMG]
     ▷ Passive
     ▶ Effect: Gain +3 base damage for rank 1, then +1 base damage for ranks 2-5.

> Ferocity: +1 Base DMG

> Precision: +1 ACC

> R3 Finesse: -3 EN to all SAs

[BUFFS:]

Spoiler

HOUSING BUFFS:

☆ RELAXED:
     ▷ Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts

☆ ADVANCED TRAINING:
     ▷ +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

TASTY:
     ▷ Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.

☆ HARD-WORKING:
     ▷ +2 EXP per crafting attempt, +1 crafting attempt

SCENTS OF THE WILD STATUE BUFFS:

• The Statues' stat effects cannot be used until a player has PERSONALLY gathered all 6 trophies. You cannot gather three and another player get three and put them together.
  • Statues are non-tradeable, they are bound to your own player.
  • You can only have one statue effect activated at a time in a thread (I.E. You can't have +1 Damage and +50 Overhealth, you can only have one or the other in a thread).
  • Statues cosmetic effects can be used anywhere, but only one can be used in a certain area at a time

☆ KUMATETSU STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ YAMATA NO OROCHI STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated «The Leech Lich». When used, it gives +1 LD for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the musty, re-used air, the heaviness of the floor's feeling of being trapped with no escape. It also gives off the feeling of dread, being watched from every angle, and unseen creatures waiting in the shadows. It can also be taken to group gatherings to give an atmosphere.

MORETSUNA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Mighty Mōretsuna. When used, it gives +50 base health for one thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the ocean from the beaches surrounding the islands. The sound of waves crashing along the shore and the scent of the sea air carried from far off lands, and the warm feeling of the sun against a person's skin. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ TANOS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Colossal Titan. When used, it gives +15 Mitigation for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the 19th floor's plains, the vastness that comes with them and the smell of winds carried miles from all around, and from the nearby mountains. The low winds come and go throughout a person's ears can be heard, but not felt. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

☆ MOTHRA STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Stealthy Suterusu. When used, it gives +1 Energy recovery for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the old and abandoned ruins found throughout the floor. The sweet plants that grow within the overgrown areas combine to make a pure, sweet scent that can almost be seen as romantic.  A slow, steady rhythm can be heard, echoing over mountains from hidden tribes. Can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

BIALAS STATUE:
     ▷ A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Shocking Taneuma. When used, it gives +1 Taunt buff for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the forests surrounding the area. The sweet smell of fresh sap coming from maple trees is strong and gives a fragrant aroma. The sound of a nearby lake can be heard, a fish can also be heard jumping to the surface and landing back down into the water with a small splash every few moments, and the distant sounds of birds can be heard as well. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

"Maybe it's-- no it makes no sense!"

A disgruntled sigh escaped the bluenette. Wild, untamed locks whipped around with her as she scanned the populace. Was she conned yet again? Haine pressed her hands against her hips, an impending realization that maybe intel wasn't an appropriate suit for her. Leave it to Raidou to orchestrate plans and piece together stuff with his big brains. She was to rendezvous with an info broker around this time near the outskirts of the bazaar, albeit, much to her chagrin, there was nobody there. She was beginning to think the sod flaked off with her money. Oh well, there was a lot more where that came from, but she was still bitter nonetheless.

The soft cub, ever faithful in stride, had grown dizzy keeping up with his owner. Sharp teeth nipped at her heels, seeking attention. "What'd'ya want?" Haine droned. The polar bear pounced at the leg of a vending cart, steamed goods lining trays. Her mouth watered for a moment and truly, she almost caved in. Duty called, however. "Ehh, maybe later. Let's get some business outta the way first, yeah?" She gestured for the cub to follow, though stubborn as he was, he'd latched onto the cart. A slight flush formed atop her cheeks as a few players stopped by to witness. "C'mon Meesh, you're making a scene...-" She uttered through gritted teeth. With a scoop around his small, she hoisted the fluff ball into her arms.

He wiggled in protest all the way down the road. From the corner of his periphery, he noted a woman with long, blonde hair, food in hand. He didn't care what she was holding, he was starving. Soft hind legs kicked against his owner's chest as he bounded at the woman. Akin to a puppy, the cub nipped at the woman's foot and composed the sweetest doe-eyed expression.

Spoiler

Brought along: DMG+3, Protein +2, EVA +2, ACC +2, MIT +3

Name: Haine
Level: 67
HP: 1370/1370
EN: 134/134

Stats:
Damage: 25
Mitigation: 94
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 6
BH:75
PHASE:1
KEEN:1
BLD:36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Phase, Keen, Bleed
Armor: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit Rank 3 [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Energize [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Fighter 3

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify
Barrier Rank 2
Field Medic

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Haine

"Perhaps we should just schedule a raincheck-"

Cordelia's words cut off in surprise as a giant white ball of fluffiness came bounding towards her. At first, it seemed like it was just a slightly larger than average puppy, but the more she looked at it, the more she thought otherwise. The shorter snout, the smaller ears. Oh yeesh, that was definitely a bear cub. It kind of reminded her of Alec's familiar, except y'know, white... but it was just as cute! So cute in fact that she couldn't help but let out an awe when she saw it. 

Smiling softly at the cub, she looked up, presumably trying to figure out who was the owner of this familiar. The town was definitely jam packed with both players and NPCs alike, but she was pretty sure she was able to pinpoint who by the direction of which the bear came, a pretty bluenette who wasn't too far away. "Er, I'm assuming this little one is yours?" she bit out awkwardly, a wry smile on her face as she gestured her hand towards her presumed familiar. 

The cub, unabashed, bopped his head at the woman's heel, demanding attention. In tow followed the petite bluenette. Short limbs struggled to match pace with those of a nimble cub. She sprinted down the path, slipping between clusters of people before she halted in front of the fair haired lady. She panted, palms propped against her knees to regain her breath. After a moment, soft brown eyes traveled up to the other. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry." She scooped the cub into her arms and planted a noogie on his soft forehead. The cub squeaked in protest. She noted the piece of food in the passerby's hands and tilted her head in realization. "Ah, I know why he attacked ya." She snorted lightly. "This fellah loves to eat."

Haine's attention shifted to the avians perched on the stranger's shoulders. She cooed lightly and gazed at them in fascination. "Aww, you got two of em'? They're precious." The cub, in proximity to the lady's shoulders, leaned over to attempt a sniff at those foreign feather looking blobs. 

Edited by Haine

"No, no, it's really fine," she exclaimed, watching as the girl scooped up the bear with her arms before pressing her hand against his forehead in a noogie. "I don't get to see many cute familiars anymore. It was somewhat of a fresh breath if you get what I mean," she mused, taking note of how close the two seemed. As the girl explained the reason why her familiar suddenly charged at Cordelia, she made an ah of realization, taking a moment to glance at the buffed food she was holding. "Oh, I see. I guess that's something that both me and him share then, huh?" she joked, a lighthearted laugh escaping her. 

Cordelia raised a brow at the bluenette's sudden fascination with her feathered friend, as if she wasn't used to having them be complimented. "I suppose you can call them that," she said, her tone whimsical but dry. "He's kind of one entity. A hive-mind sort of deal going on. I really don't know how it works myself, but that's the least that I know," she sighed, placing a gingerly hand on the back of her neck. "There only used to be one, but after I started training him to be a fighting familiar, the other one just kind of... magically appeared?" Cordelia stated slowly, unsure if she sounded like she was going bananas or not. "I have a bunch of crazy theories going on with him but those are tales for another day," she huffed, flashing Pacco a playful glance, and of course, like the grumpy demon thing he was, there was little response other than a silent, almost deadpan stare from those beady little eyes. 

"Anyway, the name's Cordelia, and you can just call these two Pacco. Pleasure to meet you."

She hummed in acknowledgement of the other's commentary. "If it's not soft and cuddle material, I don't want em'." She buried her face into the cub's soft fur for a moment, holding him against his will as he squirmed. He was antsy among the stimulation, with all these unfamiliar scents and beings in proximity. She shook her head and set him down as he demanded. 

Soft eyes rested on the two birds as she heeded their story. It was unlike anything she'd heard of. "Niice. Like a pseudo shapeshifter!" It was more of a jest in good fun, but she explored the possibility in her mind. The bird's eyes were an intense screen of obsidian, all but staring into her soul. Her attention shifted between both, unsure of which one to focus on.

Cordelia. Haine was pleased to have a name to match to the other's face. With lavender eyes and soft blonde locks, she seemed reminiscent of a Disney Princess, but badass. "It's nice to meet ya Cordelia. I'm Haine." A hint of bashfulness seeped into her demeanor, to which she willed away. Always the extrovert, even when first impressions weren't her strongest suit. She eyed the pastry in Cordelia's hand. "Ooh, is that a cinnamon roll? Please tell me there's a bakery here somewhere. I could really use the cheer-up."

Edited by Haine
  • 2 weeks later...

"A pseudo shapeshifter, huh?" she echoed, humming in though before she let out a short laugh. "Perhaps. I frankly have no idea what the heck he is," she admitted, scratching the back of her neck with a sheepish smile.

At the mention of the pastry in her hand, Cordelia looked in her hand and blinked, completely zoning out for a fraction of a second before she shook her head. "Oh no, I didn't get them from a bakery. I kind of made them myself," she said, a bashful smile on her face. "I'm a cook. Probably not the best one in real life but I do what I can here in SAO," she chuckled, taking the last bite of the roll before she dusted off her hands. "I don't usually make desserts like this, but I figured I'd try it out, y'know?" She shrugged her shoulders before pondering for a second. "I can offer you some if you want. I made a couple this morning for the fun of it," she exclaimed, her hand swiping down the open her menu before clicking on her inventory. 

Before long, a single cinnamon roll materialized in her hands, to which she held in front of Haine. "I really don't mind sharing. You're probably doing me a favor by helping me clean out my inventory anyways." Usually the food she would cook would have buffs, since that was pretty much the whole reason why she became a cook in the first, but after taking some time away from levelling and grinding, she figured that there was no harm in trying something new.