[PP|F1]<<The First Few Lessons>> The mad dash to the end!

It had been a few months since Orvilla was trapped in the game, at first she wasn't sure how to process it all seeing it as some kind of joke that she couldn't actually die from inside of a video game, but witnessing it, people vanishing from the game and not coming back it became all too true in her mind. After months of being locked away in the town of beginnings, waiting for it this nightmare to be over, she finally decided it was time to head out into the world of SAO and work to free herself from it.

Grabbing the gear she had from when she started she headed out into the town looking around more, noticing how few players there were left here she began to doubt if leaving was a good idea before shaking it off. Heading towards a small NPCs workshop, she had heard that he provided this best quests for new players to get started.

Arriving at the workshop she saw another player standing outside, deciding to greet them. "Hi! My name's Orvilla, are you here for the quest as well?" She asked sweetly while pulling her canine mask slightly letting her face be shown. 

@Recon

Spoiler

Orvilla: 

Level 1

HP: 20/20

EN: 2/2

DMG: 3+1

Regen

Edited by Orvilla

Recon stood outside of the workshop staring at the entrance. This was going to be his first time doing a quest surely it can't be too hard right? It's not like he's going to die from a simple starter quest for new players. "Hopefully I get some items out of this anything would help," he mumbled to himself. Or anything that would help him, in the long run, hell Recon would take bread crumbs if it helps him. He shook his head "Pull yourself together go-" A girl had cut him off before he could have said the rest.

"I uh." Recon turned his head to her the first thing he noticed was how short she was and the mask. "Yeah, I am what about you short one?" What a weird sight to behold someone wearing a bone mask of an animal but I'm not going to question it I'll probably see more odd and questionable attire later on down the line. 

"I am indeedy! I thought I'd finally try to make some progress through this game, instead of waiting for the guys at the front lines to do it for me." Orvilla chuckled to herself a bit covering her face back up with the mask and knocking on the workshop to door before realising she didn't have to and headed straight in holding it open for the other player behind her. "You coming?" She said with what sounded like an accent, though it couldn't be placed on where it was from.

Walking into the shop she met the owner, an NPC named Zackariah, "Ello there shopkeep! I am looking for a quest that will teach me how to live!" Her enthusiastic nature seemed to make even the NPC taken aback, he soon spoke "Hello and welcome to Sword Art Online, I am Zackariah and I am here to guide you on the most essential lessons you must learn to survive in this world. Usually, I would teach you how to craft healing potions, however, I seem to be out of crafting materials would you be able to collect me some from the nearby meadows. I'd appreciate it greatly." Orvilla accepted, happy to help the old man with his request, "I'll have those plants before you could do me a dance!" Turning around to head out she called to the other player to follow her "Come on let us go!"

@Recon

Spoiler

Orvilla: 

Level 1

Regen

Edited by Orvilla

Indeedy? Who says that in this day and age? actually who says that at all. She's an odd person I'll giver her that hopefully, they know what they're doing. Recon smiled as she opened the door open for him. "You bet." He walked into the workshop with her once inside Recon took a moment to look around the interior of the workshop. It was nice and pleasing to look at really so much that Recon was completely out of it Ignoring the conversation that Orvilla was having with the NPC. Then he heard the girl signaling that it's time to leave. "Right behind you."

Recon stepped over to the door opening it and held the door open for her. "This won't be too hard right? I wasn't exactly listening to what was said so you going to have to explain what's going on to me." Hopefully, this wasn't something important about the quest cause Recon would be very useless in a fight with something. The guy doesn't even know how to swing a sword nor know how to use it correctly.

"Nopes! We just gotta collect some materials that can be used to craft healing potions, then our dear friend back at the shop will teach us how to craft said potions and then we both get a potion that we made!" Orvilla smiled at the at the other player before speeding off ahead, though she was wearing very heavy boots she could definitely keep up her own pace. Soon reaching the exit of the town of beginnings and heading into the large plains that made up the majority of the first floor.

"So, we need to look for some gathering spots that seem to have the material we need, me thinks they will be kinda glowing?" Orvilla shrugged heading down onto the path before making turning onto some more of the tall grass, soon finding a small patch of plants that seemed to be exactly what she was looking for. Getting down on all fours she began to dig through the plants.

ID# 173439 results:Loot 10

Unfortunely she didn't find anything that they could bring back to Zackirah "Ah dang it, oh well onto the next gathering spot I guess" Dusting herself off she looked around for more spots.

@Recon

Spoiler

Orvilla: 

Level 1

Regen

"Ah, so that's what this quest is about." At least he's getting a health potion out of it. This isn't too hard actually just gotta look for the material "he-" She took off before he could have said anything leaving him in the dust. "Hey! Wait for me!" Recon ran after her trying to keep up but she was too fast for him. Soon he caught up to her at the exit of the town. He was out of breath just from that mad dash she made. "Okay so..." he was panting between words "All we need is some glowing plants?... Or something that's glowing?" 

Recon had finally caught his breath just as she started to go down the path. "Okay next time please tell me when you start running or jogging you just about caught me off guard back there." He followed her down the path scanning area just in case something decided to pop up. This would be the second time he left the safety of the town the first time he left was to just get a feel for the area. While she was looking for the material Recon stood guard "Onto the next spot eh?"

Looking up at Recon she was confused at why he wasn't gathering the material as well, he did need to complete the quests as well after all. "Ah sorry about that, I was just excited to finally get started in this game and these lessons seem like they may take a while so might as well to get a jogging start" As she spoke she noticed a glowing spot start to form just behind him "Hey! Look over there another gathering spot! Why don't you go harvest that one, you need to collect the materials as well you know; I'll check around here again I'm sure there's another spot hiding around in all this grass" 

Digging through the tall vegetation she soon came across another small glimmering patch on the ground quick heading over to loot it for the healing plants that were needed. 

ID 174015 | LD: 6   0/5 materials gathered

Once again the spot did not provide anything of use to her, sighing she stood back head to check if Recon had any more luck than her.

Spoiler

Orvilla: Level 1
DMG: 4
REGEN: 1

Edited by Orvilla

"Just don't surprise me like that, please asides from that did you know that the shovel was a groundbreaking invention?" Recon had a smirk on his face from that little joke he told. "Wait I have to do this as well?" Recon had thought that all he needed to do was just stand there and watch the player get the materials for them both but apparently that was wrong. "Alright, I'll get to work then." Rolling up his sleeves He headed to the gathering spot she had pointed out. Crouching down Recon had started to dig around the vegetation. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a small glowing patch Recon started to loot it for the healing plants required for the potions.

ID# 174073 Results LD: 2

None of the materials needed was in that glowing patch. "Well, F**k." He mumbled before standing up. "You find any of the stuff we need over there?"

Edited by Recon

"Of course you have to do it too dummy! You can't get a reward for doing nothing at all!" Orvilla tapped the player on the chest with the back of her hand before turning away and running out into the field she was in previously looking for more glowing spots, the problem with the mask she had fixed to her face was that it made her peripheral vision less effective at spotting the distant sparkles that made up the signals for spots that could be gathered meaning that she had to turn her head much more than most. Deciding to lift it off her face for a little bit she could easily spot a small cluster of them off in the distance, jogging over to them she began to dig through the shrubbery. 

ID# 174290 results | LD: 16 | 1/5 Materials gathered

Hitting the jackpot on the material pulling out some material that could most definitely be used for Zackiriahs potion lesson "Found some material! We'll be done before you know it!"

Spoiler

Edited by Orvilla

"To be honest I would rather have done nothing but you make a good point I can't get anything just by standing around." Recon stood there and looked around for any bushes or patches of tall grass ignoring her little tap as he didn't even feel it. Just after Orvilla took off a small patch of tall grass grabbed his attention. "I'll be over here if you need me." Recon sped walked to the patch and took a knee before starting the search for the materials. This isn't exactly bad as he thought all he had to do was just looking for some glowing stuff good thing that it wasn't too hard to miss. He pushed some grass out of his view and spotted a tiny clump of the glowing materials needed. "Looks like my luck might be turning around." With that, he started pulling out the glowing plants like weeds.

ID# 174305 Results: LD: 14 |  1/5 Materials found

Recon pulled up the required material needed for the potion. "This is what I need right?" He mumbled to himself before hearing her yell. "That's great! I uh think I found some as well!"

Edited by Recon
  • 2 weeks later...

"Great job! Proud of you!" Orvilla shouted over to Recon waving the plant that they needed, one hoping he had made sure to pull up the right plant, but she assumed he would know what the plant was when the game told him so, making sure to place the material into her inventory she began searching once again while doing so she looked out at the large valley that made up the majority of the first floor. It was hard to believe how beautiful this place was even if it was all virtual.

"I'm going to look over here!" Orvilla walked around for another spot to gather from looking for the bright spots that showed where the plants would be located, finding one she jumped down to start gatherings digging through the plants happily. Grabbing the plants she needed she placed them into her inventory smiling happily before realising her mask was still off pulling it back over her face.

ID# 176585 results | Loot: 19

Spoiler

Edited by Orvilla

"Thanks for the praise I guess?" Complements were never Recon's thing to be honest he wasn't praised as much when he was a child that's probably due to the fact that he was just a simple kid not special or anything. Once again he continued looking for the plants in the tall grass. To be honest, it would have been nice to have some music while doing this it would be a pretty calming and relaxing thing to do. Wonder if I'd be a good farmer sounds like a fun job to do right? "I'm going to look over here!"  Recon looked up to see where she was heading off too. "Roger dodger be uh careful though."

ID# 176606 results: Loot 20   2/5 materials found.

Well, would you look at that my luck seems to have turned around," Recon mumbled to himself He then pulled out another one of the glowing plants right out of the ground with some force. 

Edited by Recon