[F23-PP] Calming Stature, Control (Search and Rescue)

After a conversation with Eruda and her being tested by her own sister. Eruda obviously knows how important is to be ready for anything, explaining this to Freya with her sincere words given. This gave Freya the alertness that she needed to move forward. Eruda knew everything about what was going on with Freya now and advised her not to tell Raidou just because Eruda knew that she would be banned from doing anything with the team. Eruda agreed to help Freya and with that Freya would continue to grow and learn. She would do her best to show Raidou that she was okay, that she could be in battle without interruption and that she did have the focus required for things that needed her individual attention. Taking a deep breath after a morning of meditation, she sends a message to Raidou:

I would like to take a higher level quest again. I am sorry for last time but I am asking for your help this time."
Freya

Before leaving floor 22 she heads to the guildhall and grabs a few things from the vault that might help keep her prepared for whatever she decides to take. Eating what would be her breakfast as the first meal of the day. After, Freya heads to the warp gate and heads to Floor 23. Eventually arriving there, she walks to the quest board and starts actually looking through each quest that was given on this floor instead of taking one at random. She stares at each quest with focused eyes while she waits for a response from Raidou. If he was busy then she would go to a lower floor but she was hoping that he would not be mad enough to deny her of this request.  

Well-Done Steak (Protein 2), Poached Egg (ACC +2)

Freya | HP:320/320 | EN:32/32 | DMG:10 | MIT:8 | EVA:1 | ACC:5

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 16
HP: 320/320
EN: 32/32

Stats:
Damage: 10
Mitigation: 8
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Life Taker (T1/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 3
Armor: Swifter (T1/Perfect/Light Armor): Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27

Edited by Freya

A book closed in response to a message, the pen in his hand spinning shut with a twist of his fingers. It was from Freya, and her alone. Interesting that she had learned some tact, not biting off more than she could chew. Perhaps Eruda had some impression on the girl after her exam with her sister, and the fact she was still within the ranks beckoned that she had succeeded. Lifting himself from the rim of floor 17's fountain he writes a response as he walks.

To: Freya

"What floor?"

The question was all he needed an answer, and a trigger of tracking revealed that the girl was within the guild vault. She was preparing which spoke leagues to the change in judgment. She perhaps was about to learn how smooth things could be if you chose to work with a team instead of operating like a loose cannon attempting to blowback in your face.

Raidou consumes: Queen's Honey (+3 Base), Well-Done Steak (+3 Base/-45 Mit/Filled), Poached Egg (+2 ACC)

Raidou | HP:1610/1610 | EN:158/158 | DMG:24 | MIT:76 | EVA:4 | ACC:5 | BH:80

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer
Level: 79
HP: 1610/1610
EN: 158/158

Stats:
Damage: 24
Mitigation: 76
Evasion: 4
Accuracy: 5
BH:80

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Auric Sol - Corona [T3/Perfect/2HSS]: Damage 3
Armor: Red Wanderer's Robe [T1/Perfect/L.A] +3 Evasion
Misc: Tactician's Gaze - Ogma [T1/Perfect/Trinket]: +3 Accuracy

Skills:
Gatherer [Obtained]
Two Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 5]
Charge [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Vengeful Riposte
Focused Howl
Finesse Rank 3
Athletics
Sprint and Acrobatics
Emergency Recovery
Detect
Tracking

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Mass Heal Crystal*5
Pillar Fragment [Unique/Nightvision Mod]

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +15 Mitigation for a thread.

Her eyes fall upon one quest, Search and Rescue. She knew now that after the Rhino that Raidou was very strong. She knew right then that he would be able to handle whatever she had chosen. Taking the quest, her HUD chimes. At this time she shares the quest and sends a party invite as well. Sending a quick short message saying:

To: Raidou

Floor 23, I am heading to talk with Tythen. I'll meet you there.

Taking a deep breath now as her HUD chimes with the message being sent, Freya starts to walk toward the objection on her map letting it lead the way. She eventually hits what an icon provides as the Underdark. As she slowly walks through, people, NPC's at every angle was giving her very dirty and unsure looks. Knowing that right now she was alone, she wasn't going to risk getting jumps by these mysterious people so she keeps her mouth shut as she continues to walk in silence. Unlike every else, Freya is approached by what looked like a very disturbed person. "Please help, my wife, she left for the war with the Forest Elves. It's been days and others have returned but she has yet to return. I am thinking the worst but I still have hope, will you please help put my mind to ease?" Freya looks to her map and this was what her quest asked of. "Of course I will, do you know the last location?" Answering her instantly he says "The Queen's tower, it's standing tall, it's hard to miss. Please let me know what you find out, good or bad." Freya gives him a small nod and waits for Raidou to show up before continuing. The guy walks off with a small sniffle as if he was crying now.

Edited by Freya

Allowing the girl to head the NPC to discuss her exchange with him and deal with the first segment, Raidou begins to sort through the breakage. A large tower in disarray and disrepair, destroyed by some force that was not discernable from what remained. A reflection of the lenses on his brow as he moved about chunks of broken wood and stone, unsure what he was looking for within the sudden blue circle drawn upon his compass. It would not be long before Freya would move to meet him, and with a twitch of the glasses on his nose, he was more than prepared for whatever may come to face them. In silence, he hoped that the girl would not burn time he did not have the time to waste here, as there was still an innumerable amount of tasks still left to accomplish this evening. His eye peeled with a mental sonar active, it would be hard for anything to sneak upon him.

Raidou activates Vengeful Riposte! -6 EN

Raidou | HP:1610/1610 | EN:152/158 | DMG:24 | MIT:76 | EVA:4 | ACC:5 | BH:80

After just five minutes passes thinking that Raidou was already at the sight she heads that way herself. Arriving at nothing but a broken-down Tower now, she frowns a bit but continues. This was way different than what the NPC had told her it was. Seeing Raidou in the distance, he was digging through the wreckage now. Taking a small breath she starts to scavenge through the broken down pieces of the building now. Lifting with both hands a large piece of concrete, shoving it to the side. Freya gets down on one knee to feel the ground. It was wet and the air was very musky now that she thought about it. Getting back to her feet she looks around and notices that a small layer of fog had set in. It could still be seen through but none the less it was still there making this place seem a bit more dangerous in Freya's eyes. Walking within eyes sight of Raidou now for cation, she continues looking through the large piles of the broken down tower. 

ID# 174087 results: Craft: 6, Loot: 11 FINDS NOTHING

Edited by Freya

With relative ease Raidou rustles through the woodwork in the silence staggered between the two players searching for the lost. Finding a corpse amongst the crags and rubble, lifeless and scarred through an attack whos aggressors seemed nowhere in sight. Removing a ring from its finger as the quest updates to: Return the ring to the husband. This was life on aincrad, and to those that were too blind to see it before it consumed them a very real possibility.

"She did not make it, Freya." he remarks rather plainly, tossing the ring to the girl as he began to rise. It would be on her to hunt down the husband and give him the remains. Adjusting his lenses, there would be nothing more to do here. The time he had allocated to this quest would be best served somewhere else, but he figured a glance about would not hurt. A bit more data and materials for the vault would not be a bad thing.

ID# 174088 results: Craft: 3, Loot: 20, Fonsa found dead with no bat things

Hearing Raidou's words she looks up and barely catches the ring that was thrown to her. Walking over to her body now, with a glance down. "Let you rest in peace, Fonsa..." she says as she closes her eyes and gives a small bow for respect. Gripping the ring in her hand tightly now she looks to Raidou now. "I know she was just an NPC but we can't leave her like this." Placing the ring in her pocket she gets on her knees and starts to clear the breathless body off. After a few minutes, she picks up the body and throws her over her shoulder. "I am going to give her a proper burial ground. I know you have other things that may need to be done, leave if you want but I am going to pay my respects." Freya starts to walk away, her voice very plain with a hint of empathy, this could have been her a few months back. Setting the body in a clearing she thought was well enough, she gets to her knees and starts digging a grave.

This necessity that Freya had to give a gravesite to an NPC, the very thing that would not pay her the same should it be required. "It is not necessary Freya, the mourn and the loss are fictional. They do not feel the same way you do. It is important to make the distinction but if you must offer this service know that it is only for only your own emotions and not for the last of kin." Raidou remarked calmly as he walked a bit away while Freya did what she wished.

Finding a patch of cold greyish brown plants, Raidou made due on the time he had now plenty to spare. Kneeling down and working the tufts with a parade of snapping roots, golden glimmers giving away the ones mature enough to pick as Gatherer activated and aided his perceptions. They find hearth in his satchel, for future philtering into something more useful than simply making ones stomach uncomfortable upon consumption.

ID# 174098 results: Craft: 6, Loot: 15+5=20, Success!

Gatherer Activated +1 Bonus Materials
2*T3 Materials Obtained!
Total T3 Materials: 2
--
+1 T3 Material

Edited by Arabelle
note: CD 6-9 = 2 bonus materials

Hearing Raidou's words she was well aware of the context of it. "It is purely for my own Raidou not for them. I am well aware of real vs fake..." she says this in a soft voice as her places the body in the hole provided and glances around quickly finding a torn blanket, setting it over the body. Getting to her feet, she sees that Raidou is gathering from what looks like a herb patch that he had found. Dusting off her knees now not that it mattered much she started exploring a bit. She didn't know Raidou but with him being as power housed as he was Freya asked: "Why did you become the guild leader?" Walking a few feet from him, she askes this without looking directly at him as she gets to her knees and starts swiping through a broken crate that looked like there could be something in it. While digging and finding nothing that mattered inside she moved to the next broken crate she saw.

ID# 174100 results: Loot: 9 Fail!

Edited by Freya

With little issue the swordsman continues to tear asunder the ground where the materials grew, adding more and more to his bag with relative ease. "I am glad you can make the divide. Not all can separate the emotion from what is necessary." Raidou comments a bit loosely to the girl, not convinced fully that she understood it but simply accepted what he had said. As she joined him in his efforts he could tell her head was clearly somewhere else, as was most who joined him in this practice. "Its important that you relax, and let them come to you. Look for a glimmer on the leaves." the nomad remarks showing her an example as he plucks it free. "I am no guild leader, it is simply a formality as required by the system. Within the guild everyone's voice carries the same weight." a simple conjecture on the truth, as his hands continued to act.

ID# 174228 results: Craft: 5, Loot: 20+5=25, Success!

Gatherer Activated +1 Bonus Materials
2*T3 Materials Obtained!
Total T3 Materials: 4

Listening to Raidou's words and looking at what he was doing, her eyes glance around for the sparkle in the dirt around them. "It is simple, if it attacks me, it will be dead. I will not make that mistake again." Thinking she sees something in a small distance away she walks to it. Kneeling down on one knee, Freya gently touches every leaf to make the differences between each plant. She made the conclusion that the more viable ones were soft as the others were rough to the touch. Noted..."Fine not guild leader, just a man who helped make the guild possible." Not finding anything at first glance she continues observing the patch until something comes into view. Freya takes a breath for a moment as she starts to now focus as she was not expecting an answer from Raidou on this topic, but she wouldn't take no for an answer if he did.

ID# 174230 results: Loot: 11, Fail

Edited by Freya

Continuing to work away without pause or sway of the conversation on the task, as if the two were separated entirely. "Good then you understand the gravity of what we are dealing with." it still appeared that the girl was having trouble placing which were valuable and which were not. The fact was common, most hardly inspected them quite to the degree that Raidou did. "Perhaps, but I did what most would in my situation. I simply gave others a purpose, and hopefully seen as a noble one. That does not offer me a crown or a pedestal for an over inflated ego to sit upon. I am but a man as well, don't believe that I am above others." Raidou remarked humbly to the formation of the guild. Adding a fair portion of the charcoal grey materials to his satchel, fully content with this activity as it offered a quiet he was not usually paid so late in the day.

ID# 174339 results: Craft: 12, Loot: 13+5=18, Success!

Gatherer Activated +3 Bonus Materials
4*T3 Materials Obtained!
Total T3 Materials: 8

Lightly touching every leaf of these plants her eyes light up a bit when she finds a small glow within the patch. Scooping the dirt from the stem, she plucks it from its home and inspects it for a moment before placing it in her satchel. "You gave them a purpose. That is very interesting. It makes sense though..." Freya continues with this patch trying to give in more of an opportunity to spawn the ripe plants for her to gather. She began to realize the gravity of patience and what it would provide her with if she waited long enough. "If I may ask, what is your profession. From the looks of it, you seem to be enjoying picking these herbs." Glancing back at Raidou as his hands were moving so fast she could barely keep up with her eye. "It also appears that you have been doing this for a while." Eyes string back to her patch now, trying to figure out how he was so fast.  

ID# 174340 results: Loot: 18, Success!
1*T3 Material gathered
Total T3 Materials: 1

Edited by Freya

His migration to a new section pays off as a large number of plants become instantly apparent as ones of use. The choir of breaking undergrowth continues unimpeded as Freya continues the conversation, but notably, instead of a failure, the girl manages to mirror Raidou's movements well. "I am an alchemist, more than likely you've used my work once or twice already." Raidou offered as an observation. Adding what he pulls free into his inventory with a flip of the satchel on his hip, looking back down shortly after as he answers yet another of the twin's questions "I have, longer than most might expect. For so long I've done this task alone, it shows does it?" he asked a bit rhetorically knowing full well that others could see his efficiency, his skill in this field was bottomed out and his only unknown variable was the patch itself for he'd make no misstep. 

ID# 174955 results: Craft: 11, Loot: 17+5=22, Success!

Gatherer Activated +3 Bonus Materials
4*T3 Materials Obtained!
Total T3 Materials: 12

Smiling a bit she thinks of the bitter potion she took just the other day. She wasn't paying much attention to it at first because she was in a rush but now that she thought about it, it tasted bittersweet. "I want to be a chef. Use to cook at home but I am not sure how much that would help me here." Picking up a herb without taking a second look at it, the fragile plant dusts itself in her hand. "Dam," she says clapping her hands together to clear them off. Getting to her feet she glances at Raidou, "I am going to turn this quest in. I might be taking another quest shortly if you would like to join me. Oh, and thanks for...Just thanks" she says as she starts to walk off to turn the mission in. With a slight second glance, she realized that there were more bodies lying dead beneath the rubble. She shakes her head, walking forward.

ID# 175133 results: Loot: 5, Fail! 

Edited by Freya

Milling through the rough and plucking more that it had left to give him, one more plant made one more potion. One more indirect aid that would offer someone protection when he could not be present. "You're learning." Raidou quips as he drains the last of this section out, placing his prior haul away for later. "It will help at least to understand when things go awry." he offers her as reassurance. "I will be here for just a while longer, but I am pleased with how your fairing. Keep moving forward, but do not forget to utilize what you've got." he spoke as she began to move further away from the nomad in red. Lifting to his own feet, a twitch of the lenses on his nose his skill pulses like sonar on his compass. Another blip shows and highlights on it, a bright gold dot stuck in it like a thumbtack. 

ID# 175608 results: Craft: 4, Loot: 2+5=7, Failure!

Hearing his last words she smiles. She then says to herself, "This world isn't fair, I can not let the small things bother me or the fake things distract me. It is not worth my time or effort." Walking through the sorrowed town with prying eyes now she glares slightly back, almost like giving them a warning. "Did you find her," she hears from behind her. Turning as her eyes meet the guys she talked to earlier. With no feeling attacked she says as she pulls out the ring from the remains of her corps "This was what was left of her when we found her. The things that destroyed the tower and everyone in it were long gone." Handing the ring to the husband she turns away. Behind her, she starts hearing people chatter, "Did you hear that the tower is gone...What really...they will pay..." Freya didn't mean to cause a commotion but her HUD chimes as the quest was completed. She heads to the warp gate ignoring all confrontation with the NPC's now. She had other matters that she had to deal with.  

A tinge of a smile takes the corners of his lips as a he keeps on working and spending these last few moments in solidarity while Freya would handle the upkeeping. The greying of the quest proves it complete, the girl had what she came for but perhaps she would see the possibilities in a different light. She assumed she'd find this NPC alive but the circumstances offered her a different result than anticipated. This was of all things here within this mental and digital prison, nothing was certain and all you could do was sway the odds as close to in your favor as possible. 

She'd have quite a bit to process and think about in their time apart and maybe it would stick, so the next time she attempted to do a fight akin to Rhino she would remember Fonsa's condition and choose safety over the chance at dying before he could save it.

ID# 175609 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 5+5=10, Failure

Arriving at the warp gate she calls out "Floor 22," turning into data and reforming as her feet hit the ground once more. Traveling through the forest toward the guildhall now, memorizing the location. Walking through the doors, Eruda is sitting at the large reddish-brown table messing with some of the papers. Freya takes a deep breath and takes a seat right across from her. "Eruda why didn't you tell me..." Eruda looks up seeing Freya slightly confused for a moment but thinking back the only thing Eruda never told Freya about was their father. An answer "I wanted you to know him before the judgment call. I have made peace with him and I am stronger with him because of it. I will not get into this with you. Go talk with him, I am sure that he will be waiting for this exact conversation. He is really a great guy Freya, take it easy on him..." Freya is shocked by Eruda's words. She wasn't expecting such a mature reaction from her. Getting from her seat now she heads toward the door saying "Fine." Freya had mixed feeling about this topic and she wasn't sure how it would go but she would try to stay calm...   

Edited by Freya

Tapping his hands together, the timer on his HUD flashing and ringing before a tap of his index finger causes it to take the silence. He was out of time and it was on to the next affair. Removing a black book from his pocket, his agenda as he looks it over and selects one of the incompleted quests from the listing. It looked to be on to floor 24 to attempt another he'd yet to cross off. Adding what materials he had still littered in a pile at his feet into his inventory, a tussle of his lenses as he prepared for the next leg of his journey. He would know more than what was provided once inspected with his own eyes. Heading past a parade of NPC chattering in sequence about the felled tower and Fonsa's fate, they would reset before not too awful long. It would become a faded memory that only he and Freya would remember. What was important is that memory became a lesson, something to glean a greater understanding.

ID# 175611 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 1+5=6, Failure

Quest Complete:
Freya
4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)

Raidou
4*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)

Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
1900*Col (400 Thread Closure, 750*2 Quest Reward)
14*T3 Materials (13 Raidou, 1 Freya)

Edited by Arabelle
note: +1 T3 Material | see #8.