[PP F05] Slaying The Sand Shark <Blood in the Sand> (Night)

Another day in the death game and Kyoto decided to adventure out into floor five in seek of some quest. This time It was in the hot sandy floor. It wasn’t the greatest floor in the world, but it was certainly the one that had some interesting quest.

Kyoto was given info about a quest a small party reported to have encountered in the sandy dunes ‘Swimming’ in the sand. It was only the matter of time until he would encounter this mysterious beast on his own. At least he thought.

Walking up into the Inn he saw plenty of other players sitting by the bar. One of them seem to be quite strong. Almost like they’re from the frontlines. Kyoto would walk up to the bar and sit next to the mysterious person and order himself a drink. “So… Why are you down here in the lower floors?” He Whispers to her. “I know you’re a person from the frontlines.” He gives a chuckle and then takes a sip of the drink that was set in front of him.

Spoiler

General

Level: 26

HP: 520

Energy: 52

DMG: 5 + 2 (Familiar) = 8

Keen: 3

ACC: 3

MIT: 12

EVA: 3

SP Available:  5

Total SP: 77

Equipped Items

Nachtwächter (Keen +3 Teir 1)

Fritzi (Familiar) (+1 DMG Teir 2)

Dunkle Materie v.2 (+3 EVA Teir 1)

The “Holy” Cross ( +3 ACC Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Dunkle Materie  (+3 MIT Tier 1)

The “Holy” Cross ( +3 ACC Tier 1)

Black Compression Shirt (+3 LD Tier 1)

Skills:

» One Handed Long Sword (Rank 5)

» Familiar Mastery -  Fighter: Rank 1 (0 SP invested): +1 DMG (1 * tier)

» Light Armor (Rank 3)

» Martial Arts (Rank 1)

Mods:

Extra/locked Skills:

Materials:   T1 = 33 <> T2  = 20 <> T3 = 30

Profession:  Tailor

Edited by Kyot0

"Y'know, it's rude not to introduce yourself first."

NIGHT shot the newcomer a glance -- her expression betrayed no sense of caution nor fear, and yet there was still a lingering suspicion within the pupil of her eyes. She'd seen players with outfits worse than his getup, but ultimately, none of them with a name nor face that could match the registry in her head to come to a conclusion for who this man was.

So it was her game to play.

"Better yet," she posed, fingers tapping on the counter top. On the fifth, the material was either rotten or stone -- two col to the reader who guessed the former, that hollow sound drowned out only by the noise of the crowd around the two of them. "How're you so sure of who you're looking at? The front liners don't seem to talk any more to the public these days. Maybe your information's outdated."

if4hIzL.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 171/171
  | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 79
  | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5
  | Stealth Detection: 5 | Stealth Rating: 7

round two.
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Cosmic Devourer
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
    -- [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
    > Reveal
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active
  9. Parry | Active
  10. Charge | Active | RANK 3/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

He gives a chuckle. “You’re right. It was rude of me not to introduce myself. I’m Kyoto.” He paused for a second. “And as for how would I know that you’re a frontliner? Well looking at you kind of remind me of someone that I’ve been looking for a while.” She wasn’t the person he was looking for but Itzal. She had the look of someone that is strong and is capable to do a lot. It was only the matter of time where he’ll get to that position as well. “I know I don’t look all that strong. But what I have for gear is pretty much all I need to be successful.” He laughs a little before continuing on the conversations. “Any reason why the people from the frontline don’t talk to the public anymore? Is it because you guys feel like you failed us in beating this death game?” He wasn’t trying to start anything up but it was a serious question he never understand the meaning behind. “Any who. I’m looking for a quest. I guess there’s a mysterious creature our in the dunes attacking parties. I figured if you were from the frontline you’d  be interested in helping me defeat it and save the people that are training on this floor.” He give a little chuckle on the inside. The fact that this is a monster that most likely respawns regularly is what makes it the funny part but it made the story little more interesting.

@NIGHT

Edited by Kyot0

What exactly did these people want with her?

"Beats me," she replied, turning away from keeping the man in her sights. Someone was feeling a little over-confident, a little pushy today, weren't they?

Intriguing.

"Might be barking up the wrong tree here. Can't exactly guarantee you that I'm who you think I am, but--" The woman shrugged, giving Kyoto a smirk and a side-eye. "-- Can't convince you otherwise if you think so, either."

NIGHT took a sip of the glass in front of her, bordered by her arms from earlier as she'd idled. It looked like liquor, even sparkled like it too, but any player worth their salt by now would've known it to be something else entirely. Alcohol was prohibited in Aincrad.

"Don't know the rumors," she admitted, cocking her head to one side in curiosity. "Don't know of the creature, either. Isn't it better for these training players to be on guard out on the field? A teleport crystal or so, and they'd be safe from danger if they'd pop it at the right time."

With three fingers, she'd set down her cup. A gentle clink, the woman tilting her head once more in amusement. "If you were training, you'd know this too, right?"

He gives a smirk after hearing her say he was mistaking her. Deep down he knew she was a frontliner just trying to keep it low. He respect that but hearing her mention him being a training player was another story. “Actually no. I was just coming from my shop from the 23rd floor. I came down here to meet up with someone and they told me about this.” He smirks a little. “As for the training parties. You think that would have been the thing but I guess not.” He wasn’t sure what she was getting at but he need to persuade her in doing this quest with him. It’s something to do and it would give him a better Idea on who she is. “So, would you like to complete this quest with me? You probably don’t need it but it’s good practice for me since I’ve been stuck in my shop for a while now working on orders.”

@NIGHT

A hum, just as NIGHT set her cheek on an open palm.

"So, let me get this straight," she began, shutting an eye. "You want an absolute nobody to come with you just so they can keep an eye out for how you get beat by a mysterious monster?"

The woman let a beat pass, before closing her other lid. With a wave of her hand, she'd brought out a teleport crystal, the blue square forming upon her finger tips with a cluster of particles.

"You sure are lucky." She'd began to scoot away from the counter, tucking the block into her pocket with a sigh. "I've got all the time in the world to humor entertainment like that."

Her feet shuffled against the sandy floor. As she drew closer to the man, she opened an eye, raising her chin at a low angle.

"Tell me," she added, "do you think all front-liners have time like this to spend on their hands?"

He gives a smirk. The fact she thinks she’s a nobody is the best part. Just like any typical person with a high stat. If it wasn’t for the point that Kyoto knows a couple of people from the frontlines he would of believe in what she said. “You know. I’ve met a bunch of people in the front line. Matter of fact Itzal and Jomei took time away from the frontlines to help me get to where I’m at. So… Yes I do believe you guys have time to spend off of the frontlines. I know not as much as you would probably like but hey. We’re all in this game together might as well enjoy it as if it was an actual game and not a death game.”

He looks over at her as he finishes his drink. “If was an offer I’m sure most of you appreciate getting. Most would be scared to even bother asking you guys.” As he refers to the players that is part of the front line. “To be honest my goal is to help anyone that needs help even if I was apart of the frontlines. I hope that I can whip that off on other players as well and maybe get more people to be willing to beat this game so we can all go home.”

@NIGHT

Itzal? Jomei?

"Never heard of them," she returned, just as she'd started shuffling out the inn door. Her sights were pointed back at Kyoto -- a look of indifference and blank honesty awaited him, the woman walking backwards for but a spell. "Nice to know you're chosen by the lucky few, though."

With a sly grin, she shoved her hands into her tracksuit's pockets. "Must be why you're so confident, huh?"

On the outside, there was always a foul sandstorm brewing one way or another; a snap of her fingers was enough for the woman to don a large hooded tarp in snow white. With a hand, NIGHT brought the hood of her cloak over her visage, eyeing her companion for the journey and gesturing towards the exit of town with a nod. "Noble," she added to his reply, "I'd buy it too if you said you were training to become an entertainer. Hunters don't need an audience, now do they?"

He paused for a moment. She never heard of Itzal or Jomei? How’s that even possible they’ve been in the frontlines since the beginning. “What do you mean about me being chosen? I’m just another player in the game.” He paused for a moment. Seeing her walking towards the door and giving him a motion to follow her. It was quite promising in her decision but maybe not. But either way he’s going to finish this quest even if it only him fighting the creature.

Kyoto get’s up off the stool after paying for his drink and catches up to Night. Following her to see what her plans were. It not normal for someone to bail out on a request like this unless they absolutely refuse to help people and that’s not very often. “So does that mean you’re going to help me?” he said waiting to see what her response is.

@NIGHT

"And not necessarily everyone believes that front-liners have all the time in the world." Two arms to her side in another shrug, a vapid smile and a shake of her head were all NIGHT afforded the other player. "So that makes you lucky, in that sense. Computes well, doesn't it? No singular player would often run into one front liner on their own, let alone two. There's so many of us out there." The woman lowered her arms. "It'd be miraculous of an encounter -- even if you sought them out to find them."

“So does that mean you’re going to help me?”

She only hummed in response. "I remember your invitation being issued to no one in particular. And it was for a fool's show, rather than some guidance, I believe." A curled finger set to the bottom of her lip, the 'front-liner' sizing up her quarry with a bored skim over Kyoto's form. "If you're looking for someone of high import, and you think that to be me-- well."

The smile NIGHT gave him was only tempered. "Then I guess you have to ask yourself -- do you feel lucky today?"

He looked at her. “I mean I was apart of Itzal’s guild a while ago and Jomei, I stumble across while about to do a quest and he offered to help with it. So I don’t feel to lucky finding them. It just so happens that I’m in the right place at the right time.” It was after that he heard her ask if he’s feeling lucky today. It was the matter of if he feel like she’s willing to help of leave him in his place to face it on his own. But for the time being he decided to go along with it. “To be honest, I do feel kind of lucky today. Seems like I have a tendency to be in the right place at the right time.” With that thought he would continue to walk up to her before he would be standing right next to her waiting to see what she would have to say about anything he just said.

@NIGHT

She hummed at his reply. Not many other players would be so bold about their odds, but perhaps there was a human element in social interactions rather than a roll of the random number generator. Mayhaps, this was the tether that kept Kyoto from shying away from the potential pursuit of danger.

"I see," NIGHT returned, finally dropping her arms to her side. Her white cloak fluttered as it followed her movements, and the woman tucked her hands into the pockets of her tracksuit once more. "Then, you're the leader here." She nodded towards the exit of town, the blustering sandstorm still sweeping through the alleyways between their position and the gates of Fortaleza.

"Lead the way."

It wasn't until they'd begun moving that NIGHT began to ruminate about the missing pieces of information her companion had started to drip about the past. Lost, ancient intel. "This guild of yours," she mentioned, picking her words carefully, "if it's run by someone at the head of the pack, why hasn't anyone heard of it before? Some kind of secret cult, you think?"

• 2 months later...

With quite a confusing interaction with the lady, the only thing on his mind was her telling that he's the leader of the party. As much as he loves leading more experience players into an area that he barely knows. It has to be the most ridiculous thing she's said yet. But as always Kyoto instead being in front of the pack decided to just follow along. Besides she seems like she already knows where to head to. 

The question that she asked by the time they left the gate was such a surprised. How doesn't one person know about his old guild. Majority of them were in the frontlines with the rest of them. But maybe the clan wasn't all that big as he thought. "No. I don't think so. I've always gone to places with other players seeing my guild icon and get stopped because they knew someone from that guild. The fact you don't know is something that I'm not use to. I wasn't really the popular one out of the bunch of us but I was still part of the guild." He finishes his words before coming across something that looks fairly familiar. To the left was a open sand dune where the right was heading towards the dungeons of the floor to heads towards the floor boss. As he points towards the dunes. It only make sense that the thing they're trying to fine would be hunting players around there since majority of the quest items are there than towards the dungeons.

@NIGHT

And the man then proceeded to point at... nothing.

This was a desert, after all. Amongst the wastes, it wasn't surprising that nothing would stand out. NIGHT raised a brow, glance shot towards Kyoto, before she returned an idle shrug, pacing towards the designated location at his instruction.

"Maybe you're just an ancient relic, then," she joked with a smirk, hands locked in intertwined fingers behind her back. With things rising and falling fast in Aincrad over the years, that must've been the case, the woman reasoned inwardly. Another tilt of her head beckoned her quarry for more information. "What sort of situations would you find yourself be stopped for? Your infamy, perhaps?" Her gaze shifted to fall upon the sands again. "If you're companions with people from high places, it makes little sense why you'd come running to a stranger first, much less check on your friends' availabilities."

The breath she'd loosened was both a scoff and a short sigh. "Don't tell me you've been... ex-commed?"

Not quite listening to her joking words he sign a little. He wasn't really good at being the leader of a party It wasn't hit nature to lead people to a quest. After all most of the time the DPS is in the middle waiting for the tank to take the damage for them. But once she mentioned about why he didn't contact his formal guildmate kind of made him pause for a moment. "It's not the fact I was excommunicated by them but the guild fell apart after a large attack with some red players. After that everyone kind of just kept there distance. I just never though about getting a hold of any of them. I barely knew most of the frontline members as they were always gone prepping for the next boss fight. So I'm kind of at the square one with no help if needing it." His long explanation was the most he talked about that intendant but it probably wasn't the last thing he'll talk about with it. "I came to you because I don't really have friends here." Speaking the truth it was hard for the young boy to really find people to talk to and gain some type of relationship with for future events. 

@NIGHT

What a sad state.

The guild, she meant. Given his speech about 'front-liners' from earlier, it would only make sense that they might've been prided as heroes for making it out alive, or to have found some solace from other community members from the mishap that befell upon them. But she hummed, brow quirked upwards as she listened. From the way this gathering of players was portrayed, it almost seemed that they were just as lonesome as their ex-representative was.

The grin she returned to him was suppressed.

"So much for the depth of a guild, huh?" Not that she could relate. "Sounds like nothing more than a fancy title, then, if you can't even appear to rely on who you used to hang out with. Well!" The woman folded her arms as she came to a stop, having assumed the duo had reached their destination. A tilt of her head and a questioning look to her companion was in hopes of ushering him forward, not knowing for certain where his mark was about to be. "Sorry to hear about your tragic backstory. Here, why don't you take your anger out on the world?"

"Make sure to put on a good show now!"

• 2 months later...

He looked at her after her response. The sound of her voice made him feel like he’s dragging her into a fight that she wasn’t really wanting to do. But with no time wasted both would feel the ground shake as the giant sand shark would come from under right in front of them.

Kyoto would grab a hold of his sword and unsheathed it before getting ready to fight the beast. He looked over at her to see if she was going to sit there and watch him fight it by himself or if she was actually going to help. But for the time being he decided to focus on the Sand Shark.

“Do you have any plans to really fight this thing or just hack and slash?”

He didn’t see a huge threat to it besides maybe it’s damage and HP but he rather not be to certain grand it being a field boss instead of a regular mob.

@NIGHT

The earth beneath them continued to rumble as the Sand Shark emerged from the wastes, howling its infernal cries to the abyss above. The woman only tilted her head, vague smile on her face as she shrugged, two hands raised. Kyoto already seemed well prepared; blade in hand, stance readied for combat. She wondered, then, where the man's low esteem for fighting capabilities lied in.

He certainly seemed experienced enough as it were.

"Like I said," NIGHT continued, letting her arms fall to her side, "You're the one running the circus around here. I'm just the audience. If you think yourself lucky, if you need to be saved... then there's no harm in believing in arbitrary faiths like hope, right?"

Their opponent was large, careless and slow. In the time that NIGHT had taken to lecture her companion, it had only begun to realize which direction its targets were set towards. Nose pointed towards Kyoto, the shark began to dive forth, across the gold sea to his location.

Now, it was time to see if the player would bend or break.

Kyot0 | HP: 520/520 | EN: 52/52 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 3 | KEEN: 3

Sand Shark | HP: 125/125 | DMG: 50

He gave her a smirk. Feeling the ground shake constantly as he notices that the Sand Shark was after him. With his sword at ready though he would get ready for his attack. Charging up his sword art Meteor Break, as he awaits the Sand Shark to pop up right in front of him.

When it emerges from the ground to the surface, he would release his sword art at the field boss. Letting it release into the Sand Shark hitting it, dealing a significant amount of damage towards it bringing it into the yellow with just one hit.

“You know. I see why you wanted me to take lead now.” He really didn’t need help at all. It was more the guidance and encouragement that he needed. Another thing that could of helped was having her around to talk with him. He found out that he didn’t like being alone all that much and wanted to make sure that he was with someone while doing quests.

ID# 188264 results: BD: 6 + 3 (ACC) = 9 (Success no crit) DMG 8 x 11= 88 DMG

Kyot0 | HP: 520/520 | EN: 41/52 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 3 | KEEN: 3

Sand Shark | HP: 37/125 | DMG: 50

@NIGHT

Edited by Kyot0

NIGHT whistled, watching the drop of the Sand Shark's health bar. It skated across one end to the other at a second's notice.

Why, indeed, was he worried about holding his own against such a foe in the first place?

(—No, that wasn't the original intention of seeking her out in the first place.)

The woman hummed, a stray muted grin pushing at the corners of her lips. In her hands, a weapon of pure light forged itself from air, a standard two-handed sword lacking details in its white mesh grazing the tips of her fingers. Though the creature only had a miniscule amount of life left in its tank, NIGHT wasn't about to be outdone.

If anything, she was only satisfied she didn't have to rescue some newbie in need.

"I guess you are lucky," she commented.

In the blink of an eye, the woman was gone, save the whirl of wind in she'd left in her tracks. All at once, what was once dark was overtaken by speed. Her figure blurred with the sands; a mix of colours, a searing gold and blinding white pierced into the field boss with vicious ferocity. The only trace of her being left when she'd stopped were two footprints in the sand, and around her, scattered at the rise of an oncoming storm were the remnants of the Sand Shark, its existence starting to become a memory to the system.

The hood of NIGHT's cloak was off. She repositioned it, glancing back to Kyoto with a mischievous grin, shrouded in shadow and lit by the angle of the sun.

"Not every day someone gets to see a shooting star."

One step backwards, and the environment ate away at her form, like she'd passed behind a wall or a sheet of reality. The last thing NIGHT had left Kyoto with was a chuckle. 

Now, where the woman once was, there was nothing there.

ID: 182265 | BD: 6 + 5 = 11 | Galaxy Destroyer vs Sand Shark.
 | (-9 EN) | 20 * 13 = 260 DMG
ID: 182266 | LD: 8 + 7 = 15 | Vanishing due to free action proc.
 | (-5 EN)

Kyot0 | HP: 520/520 | EN: 41/52 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 12 | EVA: 3 | KEEN: 3
NIGHT | HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 157/171 (-9-5) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 79 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5 | HIDING

Sand Shark | HP: -223/125 | DMG: 50