[PP-F23] <<Search and Rescue>> An apology

Stats:

Spoiler

Pic +2 DMG, from rare damage potion to a total of 21

Sig level 88.png

Zandra sat on her bed, looking out thru her bedroom window and let out a deep sigh. The next floor boss fight was approaching and she needed to go out and train. But she had no idea what to do. There was so boring to just kill mobs, thou that is the most rewarding thing to do, since she would get both experience and currencies. She swiped in the air infront of her and a few moments later, her big axe was in her lap. She looked at it for a few seconds before she shoke her head and let out another sigh. ‘’Nope, you are not the same. Why did you do it Zandra? Why did you let him go?’’ a few swipes and the axe was gone and she rose.

Then she suddenly knew what to do. She opened up her screen and threw together a short message.

Spoiler

Hi ChaseR.

To begin with, I want to apologise for kinda hiding my level like I did. If you aren’t busy today Im up for doing another quest.

Best regards, Zandra

Edited by Zandra

<<Search and Rescue>>

And in another day home resting after a long grind, Chase had managed to get some good sleep back in his house. He was going to go by Simmone sooner or later to get all of his items identified, alongside picking up another batch of items that he'd dropped on her earlier, when he received a message. Still rather unfamiliar to the whole messaging system, he opened up his menu and squinted his eyes at the name of the sender. "... Zandra?", he grumbled to himself with a small frown, sighing and slowly starting to get prepared.

If it weren't for Mari having told him to give her a second chance, he wouldn't have really bothered. Hell, he'd be way too highly suspicious of her exactly because she'd hidden her level from him. Regardless, for now, he decided to go along with her and listen to whatever explanation she wanted to give him. That's what Mari told him to do after all. He just returned the message with a slightly heavy heart.

ChaseR: Come to the 23rd. There's a mission called "Search and Rescue". Let's do that while you explain.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 72
HP: 1470/1470
EN: 144/144

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:73
VAMP DEF:73
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Zandra wasnt sure she would get an reply or not. After all, she had been almost lying to the boy, and she felt bad for it. She also had enough of players that disliked her for what she had done when it comes to Ariel. Well, that was not something she regretted thou, compared to this. It may be a minor thing, but when your real life can depend on others, it is better to have friends then foes.

She haven’t been sure she expected him to answer or not. But here it came, a mail dropped down into her inbox. She opened it and scanned it thrhu. It was short and straight on point. He wanted to do a quest on the 23rd floor. She raised an eyebrow. ‘’Okay, guess it is time to head out on another quest then.’’ She grabbed one of her potion and drank it all in one gulp. ‘’Aaaah! That was refreshing! Time to go Zita.’’ She said and crushed a teleport crystal. A few seconds later she was at 23rd floor. She stood at the warp plaza and looked around. But she couldn’t see the blue haired young man. Her fingers threw together another quick mail.

Hi, I am at the warp plaza now on twenty three. Where are you?

-Zandra

It wasn't long before, without a reply to her mail, that she heard his voice from behind, looking with furrowed brows and a slightly displeased expression. He was almost the same as when he showed up for the dungeon before quickly running off, but his sword was different. This time, instead of a full sword, he had a broken one hoisted by the left of his waist, light enough to wield even with a single hand despite its width. 

1957274527_ChaseDBPDefault.png.83e96fa7ed5cecf9e0c5bd468673a434.png"I'm here, Zandra. At least you didn't try to lie to me about your name too.", he huffed with a frown all too familiar and crossed his arms. To pick up the quest, they'd have to talk to an NPC for all he knew, but... He did have to make a small comment there. Hell, he'd keep on going if Mari hadn't convinced him to be less harsh with her and give her a chance at redemption. He wanted to be so toxic and vitriolic talking with Zandra, but he held back out of sheer respect and trust in the orange player. "Mind enlightening me in why you did what you did?", Chase continued with a tired tone and let his eyes scan her up and down, silent and with a judgemental glance more than any other time.

• 3 weeks later...

Zandra had been waiting for a reply the mail. Normally, the mails going pretty fast if not instant like back in the real world. But no reply came. Maybe he was busy fighting or something like that. Her mind had started to travel away, back to her house. Maybe she would skip this and just abandon him anyway. It wasn’t like he seemed to have got a good impression off her anyway, and why would she work on repairing that, when no one had it anyway. It was then that she herd approaching footsteps with a familiar voice from behind. She turned around and yes, there stood the blue haired young man. A smirk on Zandras lips when she saw his expression. She raised an eyebrow to his comment. ‘’Lied about my name? Why the heck would I do that?’’. He followed up with wanting her to enlighten him why she did what she did. ‘’To start with, don’t accuse me for lying. I never lied to you. Also I wonder, why was it so important to know my level?’’