[PP|F18] <<Just for the Halibut>> What Even is a Halibut???

<<Just for the Halibut>>

With the sub-dungeon cleared and NIGHT exiting the dungeon alongside Chase, he looked around the twenty second and yawned. By this point, they just wanted something more laid back to relax- and Chase knew exactly what. He nudged NIGHT before opening his quest log, showing her the quest and winking. "Relaxation time?", he asked with a smug grin and waited for a response.

2097089230_ChaseDBPHappy.png.caa6964cf8586b57f47a4cbfe8dcd5c2.pngOther than the fact he hadn't read the details too much, he made the one mistake he'd promised never to make for his own sake- he put faith in Kayaba letting them kick back and relax outside of a safezone. At times, even the safezones weren't safe, but... The mistake was trusting Kayaba to do anything right. "We can fish and just have fun. You seemed to enjoy yourself much better last night when we were just relaxing at your house.", he pointed out to his partner and gave her another small smile, waiting for her response somewhat excitedly. Fishing wasn't his forte, but it had fun every now and then regardless.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 75
HP: 1530/1530
EN: 150/150

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:76
VAMP DEF:76
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 2]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Enjoy herself? There was very little evidence that could support ChaseR's claims, the woman felt-- and yet it had felt more fulfilling than most evenings spent in the pseudo-manor, the space within it finally made lively and filled with voices of discussion. A tinge of guilt, as NIGHT scratched at her cheek with a finger. It almost felt as though her estate had been owed company like this ever since it had been built. No reason to have a large house if only a couple of people had been living in it interspersed throughout the day. An apartment could've achieved the same functionality that way.

"I'm almost surprised you suggested fishing," NIGHT commented, but nonetheless nodded her head at the idea of practicing her reeling once more. "Not on this floor, though, I take it? Seeing as how the greater lake's in the broken state that it's in right now..."

pZYqnbP.png

NIGHT
  | HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 173/173
  | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80
  | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5
  | Stealth Detection: 5 | Stealth Rating: 7

Declarations:
> Using [Mega Slime Farm] for +2SP come thread closing.
[Examine]

[Equipment]

• Cosmic Devourer
    -- [ Paralyze I | Natural successful attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Absolute Accuracy | +1 ACC. Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. ]
    -- [ Accuracy I | +1 ACC. ]
  • Reinforced Black Tracksuit
    -- [ Mitigation I | +54 MIT. ]
    -- [ Evasion I | +1 EVA. ]
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

Skills

Skills

Mod Count: 8/8

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Ferocity, Precision, Finesse
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 5/5 
    Athletics, Sprint&Acrobatics
  3. Searching | Passive | RANK 4+1/5
  4. Hiding | Passive | RANK 5/5
    Blindside, Vanish,
    Surprise Attack: Trickster
  5. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3/3 
  6. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 5/5
  7. Energist | Passive
  8. Quick Change | Active
  9. Charge | Active | RANK 5/5

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3

Consumed Buffs

Spoiler
  • Kumatetsu Statue | +1 DMG

• - - -
  • - - -

Misc. Buffs

Spoiler
  • Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

At what she pointed out, Chase just laughed. He wanted to put the cat ears on for thematics, but he knew that she'd probably still be sour about it. It... was better to just wipe it right out of the picture in the first place. Never mind the cat ears, unless they happened to come up with good will from the rogue and her alone.

1483605067_ChaseDBPAwkwardSilent.png.2024a0317dfe8621fc6d733fb5c2fa82.png"Well, obviously not on this floor, heh... There's a quest related to it we could push out while still relaxing? We're high enough level that the numbers don't matter, plus, we get a boat to chill on. Think about it~?", he tried to persuade her (poorly) even more, humming and throwing his head left and right as the two entered the settlement and he turned to give her a look with an eyebrow cocked up. "So~? You sure have no problem with it, right?", the blueberry asked NIGHT with a small smile, friendly and welcoming. An expression that especially in front of others, she wouldn't get to see often if any. If anything, she was one of the few to have the privilege of seeing upbeat Chase at any given point in time. Maybe that's because he had grown close to her, or it's due to Aincrad changing him and the way he saw people as a whole. Was it the loneliness that had added up, or had he changed as a person? No way he'd ever know. "I have an idea if you say yes, too~?", he added to the small pile of requests and propositions, although his smile shifted more so to a curious one at that.

Any quest was welcome to the player; not that she'd be able to receive its rewards once more, but if ChaseR had been the one mentioning them, surely it benefitted him more than it would for her. "The boat's fine," she added, fingers finding her standard equipment for the expedition through her menus. When her companion had offered another query, NIGHT's brow could only arch upwards in suspicion.

How could someone she knew well possibly be this shifty?

--No, wait. Don't answer that.

"You could've put it in any other way." There was an irksome look on the player's face, the sourness obvious from the kid's previous attempts at the surprise faux cat tail. She tossed her gaze lightly to the side as they drew closer to town, alongside a huff of resignation, hoping her fate wouldn't be too poor this round. "Well? Out with it -- what's your idea, exactly?"

Chase remained somewhat quiet up to the point they both got on the teleporter. Quietly making their way to the eighteenth, he finally opened up when they reached the lake where the Fossil Fish resided. He stood above the water, looking at his reflection and frowning. Typical for whenever he was nervous, he lifted a hand to start rubbing the back of his neck, averting his gaze from her general direction.

749850404_ChaseDBPSilent.png.0adb7900d59c2e2af1f68a7d61e035b2.png"... What do you think of me?", he quietly blurted out before putting both hands in his jacket's pockets uncomfortably. It didn't seem to be as much flirting, thank the gods, as a genuine question. One that made him rather uneasy at the mere thought, too. "... My reputation is at risk. Everybody will shun me for what I did to Freyd in the name of a PKer. I can't believe I started to feel this unsafe, fuck.", he thought to himself and squinted his eyes down at the water, kicking a pebble in to create ripples and break his reflection. "... As a person. Can you criticise me?", he finished his question in full and turned to face her with a troubled expression, looking at her dead in the eyes. "You're the only person I know I can trust right now."

A lake of glass, it constantly felt like. Jade laced beneath its surface, and nothing but the humming of insects that darted about its murky exterior filled the void between ChaseR's comments and NIGHT's reply. She'd been just as tense as the boy had been quiet; right up to his revelation, her eyes had remained away from his figure, set on the mire's stillness.

"You're the only person I know I can trust right now."

"... What's this about...?"

His frame would reveal nothing, of course, but the woman searched anyway, wondering if the context was inscribed somewhere on his tracksuit. Brows furrowed; it made little sense to be talking in words about an issue that she barely knew of. Her front shifted to face his, eyes still narrowed out of confusion.

"Look, everyone's a critic," the player started, "so if you're going to want me to complain, I'll do it. But not without a good reason. You want your insults, you'd best be the one to start talking first."

It was a shame, that Chase couldn't avoid talking about the confrontation with Freyd in order to get NIGHT talking. He quietly turned his head to look back at the lake, uncertain what to start with. He should make it short and easy to take in, not a pain to listen to or a long story. Unless she wanted so, of course. If that was the case, he could show her himself.

782456560_ChaseDBPGuiltySilent.png.44724f0ce9bf66de3c4cf0854f4a3837.png"I had a fallout with Freyd. I became orange for a few days and I might get banned from Firm Anima.", he spat it out somewhat hurt, narrowing his own eyes. It was less so out of anger and more so as if he wanted to squeeze a tear out though. "... Freyd kept pushing me. Mentally. I'd warned some of his guildmates and one threatened to kill me. I'm horrible company. But you know best. So what am I?", he asked again and looked to the side, his brows furrowed and the same troubled expression on his face again, although watery drops could be seen forming at the corners of his eyes. He had to have this talk with someone that wasn't Mari though. Otherwise, he'd be trapped in his happy little echo chamber. "Freyd twisted the story to make me sound like the villain. I can show you what happened, but- can you criticise me? Please?"

Her head only tilted forward, back further hunched. "I barely even knew you were in that guild in the first place." But she continued to listen, not neglecting the shade that Freyd's name seemed to carry with ChaseR's explanation. When the player found himself exhausted of words, his company was partway through taking a seat at the boardwalk nearby, feet dangling only a few centimeters above the water.

It may not have been obvious from the clicks of her interface, the gaze that never seemed to return back from the heart of the lake. And yet, as NIGHT's hand gripped the fishing pole she'd stored away in her inventory, her response was to suggest otherwise.

"Show me-- how?"

A back swing, and the woman cast out her line. The bobber hit the glass, sending ripples out to disrupt the calm of their vast beyond. Only then did NIGHT spare him a glance, if only to invite him to take a place by her fishing spot.

The bluehead was completely caught off guard. She didn't seem to pay the orange cursor any mind, which was pleasant at the very least. He silently made his way over right next to her and plopped down, looking into the water and swinging his legs back and forward. Looks like he had to explain some more to NIGHT.

38809697_ChaseDBPDefault.png.a1db2cba1ddcd42e26f8ae202acf424f.png"No, I'm... not part of Firm Anima. Simmone jotted my name down as a consultant. I don't want this either, but... I'll probably get permanently banned access from the guild's grounds.", Chase elaborated and at the second question, he quieted down and looked through his inventory. Unlike all the vanity crystals, there was a single item that stood out, a record crystal. Taking it out of his inventory, he held it towards NIGHT and pointed at a red button at its very top. "This is a recording crystal. I turned it on before confronting Freyd. It's got the entire fight down.", he continued to explain before putting it in his pocket again, squinting his eyes at the water and then turning to face the rogue again. "So... Do you want to hear it? If that's what it takes for you to criticise me."

"So... Do you want to hear it? If that's what it takes for you to criticise me."

Sheesh. It was almost like he had a thing for it.

NIGHT gave the crystal a look before shaking her head. There was a slight rumble in her throat as her eyes returned to the lake, and a small sigh passed her lips, before she stayed silent for a little bit more.

It was only with a deeper inhale of a breath that the player began to speak. "Fine."

A blur of purple hellfire burned from her pupils, fading and flickering in a trail as the player met ChaseR's gaze.

"You're inconsiderate. You're ignorant. You lived in New York City and know almost nothing about the food around the world. You've asked me for my preferences and then didn't take my word into consideration. You tried to beat another player up. You'd go headfirst into a dervish of danger the time it takes one person to snap their fingers. In the moment that your girlfriend decided she wanted nothing to do with the game, you raced on ahead and left her behind. And I haven't forgotten the time when you barged towards my estate to pry into my personal matters either."

"So what?"

When the tiger finally had a moment to breathe, her sights slowly shifted back towards the lake, the tiniest trace of a hiss escaping her figure. "-- The worst part," she added. "The worst part about all of that is that you believe you deserve to be chided over every single thing you've done once more, just because you turned orange but for a couple of days."

Her glare was as discouraging as the one yesterday. Her words, even more hurtful than the ones she'd told him after he realised that she was angry at him. And she was right, to an extent. He was inconsiderate of her, but that was the only time it had happened... It's not like Shay had made any reasonable efforts to keep up or even move forwards, when that's what they swore to do, too...

674676990_ChaseDBPSurprised.png.c290a0293b324365b3a4d50b57f07c61.pngHe attacked Freyd for trying to lie to him and shun Mari even more, and he did force himself to learn about DAY. He did also feel that he needed to be sco- "... Huh? You... don't think I...", he mumbled in confusion, his eyes widening as he gave her a startled glance. The last part had completely caught him off guard, and it was definitely not the sort of feedback that he was expecting. "NIGHT, but... These are all bad things. I don't... If I don't hear anything from anybody, how am I supposed to..? You don't think I should be told off for this? I- You think this is alright?", he continued the confused questions, unsure what he was expecting in the first place. To be chastized? To hear mixed feedback? What was it he wanted out of this? Her last comment made him question that more than anything else, finding himself lost in his own head.

"I mean, sure." Dead fish eyes were pointed his way with but a shift of her pupils. "Take responsibility for each and every one of those faults. But there's no use mulling over them after every new mistake you make. That kind of thought just makes things worse for your mental state in the first place."

(Funny. She should be taking her own advice, the hypocrite.)

NIGHT's vision fell back to the faded expanse beyond, watching the tip of her bobber unsuccessfully attract any fish by the lake's bed. "It's not like everyone else hasn't made errors before. And throwing a punch isn't the worst thing you could do in Aincrad. People do it all the time outside of the game. Just like everything else you've set to do, you probably had good reasons behind that blow, too."

"Plus," she added, meeting ChaseR's face once again. "Not all mistakes are irreparable. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't still be here talking to you, now would I?"

If anything, the bluehead wasn't expecting her to point out all the negative things about him. He wanted to hear the story from both sides, but even so, it felt like he had heard exactly that. She had no qualms with him and even trusted him for something like turning orange- trust which admittedly, he didn't expect in his own self doubts.

811980392_ChaseDBPDefault.png.da97f0ba67c7979d8af8f3573c85ec04.pngA tear began to form on the corners of both his eyes as he looked at her silently, left with his mouth open in a small frown. He was out of words, out of thoughts, but... Chase felt happy. "... Thank you. Really, honestly, thank you.", he simply said and wiped both of his eyes before giving her a genuine smile, turning to the side to look at the waters she'd idly plopped her fishing rod's bobber in. "Let's get on with the quest, right?", he asked now that he was back into it, turning at her again with the same grin as before. Whatever internal conflicts he felt like he might have had, she fixed with a single conversation- no, not even a conversation. Just a small chat. 

-- Crybaby. But the joy he returned made her feel more at ease with their current predicament. She knew not about what had happened between the kid and Freyd, but surely it had to be with regards to the information disseminated just yesterday. With a cautious nod watching his recovering form, she took her eyes off his blue and rested upon the still lake once more, wondering how long it would take for the fish to bite.

Oh, there it was. Within a few seconds of mentioning the devil, it came to them, a harsh tug upon her rod's end. It felt similar to the pull from the other fishing sessions, if not incredibly rougher; with all her might, even rising to the occasion, NIGHT attempted to haul the fish back to land.

Nothing but the watery depths awaited the player. The forces were much stronger than her fragile figure, and in the blink of an eye she vanished underneath the surface with a splash.

Spoiler

ID: 177601 | CD: 12 | Fishing for the Lurker...
It's here...! [The Lurker, Fossil Fish (4) spawn!]

NIGHTHP: 1610/1610 | EN: 173/173 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5

Chase waited quietly, seeing NIGHT pull against the fishing rod. And by the time that the fish would have come out, the fishing was done, but in reverse. NIGHT fell into the lake and as soon as she did, the boy's eyes widened as he unsheathed his sword and jumped right on inside, holding his weapon in the air. It wasn't long before a white flash sank right into the waters alongside him, vanishing.

960063582_ChaseDBPGlare(New).png.97dc8d32317e024cc4b4ff24ac4b9024.png"Where is sh-", he didn't even get to finish the sentence in the back of his mind as he saw Fossil Fish running right at him to attack. He deflected them one by one, slashing one and trying to blind them with the overwhelming light his blade produced. As soon as he was done deflecting all of them, he grabbed NIGHT by the collar, barely able to see her and tried to pull her further up above the waters. While trying to help his friend out though, one of the fish bit right at his leg, but he ignored it. What he didn't ignore was the assault of a much larger anglerfish, pushing it back with his stone blade and kicking at it before he turned to look at NIGHT again, trying to push her towards the surface.

Spoiler

image.png.4580e2eaa8832194f7237b8dd80753a7.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Fossil Fish 1, 2, 3 & The Lurker! (BD: 9, 2+3-2=3, 1, 5+3-2=6)
(20 + 1 + 12) * 12 - 50 = 396 - 50 = 346 + PARALYZE [1]
ATTACK MISSED [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
20 * 12 - 150 = 240 - 150 = 90 [Lurker]

Fossil Fish 2, 3, 4 & The Lurker attack ChaseR! (MD: 7+1-3=5, 9, 3+1-3=2, 1)
ATTACK MISSED [2]
125 - 43 = 82 [3]
ATTACK MISSED [4]
ATTACK MISSED [Lurker]

[0, 0, 0, 0, 0] NIGHT HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 173/173 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5
[3, 1, 1, 0, 2] ChaseR | HP: 1530/1530 (-82) | EN: 134/150 (-16) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 76 | V.(DEF): 76 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

Fossil Fish 1 | HP: 0/250 (-346) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 2 | HP: 250/250 | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 3 | HP: 250/250 | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 4 | HP: 250/250 | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
The Lurker | HP: 410/500 (-90) | MIT: 150 | DMG: 250 (MD 9/10: 300/350) | ACC: 2 | EVA: -1

How many times had it been, now? This was unfair, certainly -- exactly why was she the haul of the century whenever it came to the big fishing quests? Her sigh had been accidental, and had they not been in a virtual setting, she surely would have drowned. But NIGHT hadn't, a distaste for the water flooding her taste buds still unsatisfying to keep her mouth open in the liquid hell, and as she felt a tug pull her form back up, she glanced towards her saviour's direction, noting the harsh light that came from their blade's swing.

It illuminated their surroundings just so, but not enough for the woman to note the shadows of their targets. Just as ChaseR had taken strikes at their opponents, so too would NIGHT follow in suit, the heated sword forming in her hand failing to glow upon its edge. A few slashes of white thrown the fishes way; not enough to kill, but enough to dissuade them from following the land-bodies as they made their escape from the lake. In the struggle, her collar had managed to wring out of the kid's grasp-- but her swim upwards and the glow of Concentration from her eyes was enough to signal to him that she was quite all right.

One push upwards, and the player found her arm resting upon the dock's surface once more, gasping for fresh air.

Spoiler

FREE ACTION: Using [Concentration]. +1 ACC to the following attacks this turn.

ID: 177607 | BD: 3 + 5+1 -2 =  7  | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs Fossil Fish #4.
ID: 177608 | BD: 5 + 5+1 -2 =  9  | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs Fossil Fish #3.
ID: 177609 | BD: 8 + 5+1 -2 = 12 | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs Fossil Fish #2.
ID: 177610 | BD: 2 + 5+1 +1 = 9  | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs The Lurker.
The strikes land! (-16 EN)
20 * 12 = 240 DMG | 240 - 50 = 190 DMG
                                   | 240 - 150 = 90 DMG

Fossil Fish 2 | HP: 60/250 (-190) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 3 | HP: 60/250 (-190) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 4 | HP: 60/250 (-190) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
The Lurker | HP: 320/500 (-90) | MIT: 150 | DMG: 250 (MD 9/10: 300/350) | ACC: 2 | EVA: -1

[1, 1, 1, 1] NIGHT HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 157/173 (-16) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5
[1, 1, 0, 2] ChaseR | HP: 1530/1530 | EN: 134/150 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 76 | V.(DEF): 76 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

With NIGHT seeming to be perfectly fine, Chase turned to the fish once more and started trying to hit them. Given all the buoyancy making their movements harder, he missed two strikes- on the smaller and more agile fossil fish of course. The Lurker got hit all the same, and so did another one of the crippled fish from NIGHT's attack.

719372494_ChaseDBPGuiltySilent.png.8323d9b63b102962de554f1212b49f12.png"I'm almost there!", he thought to himself swimming upwards, stretching his hand toward the dock's pillar, only to gasp when he felt his leg gnawed on by the big anglerfish. Even so, he kept on going and managed to get a grip on it, planting his sword right between two boards and starting to pull himself up. By the time his head was out of the sea, he heaved and tried to yank his leg back, effectively pulling the damn thing out of the water. "It's going to jump right back in..!", he groaned out of breath, unwrapping his chains and throwing them at the fish, managing to get its slippery form's tail. But it would get right back in the water at any moment, struggling and chomping at them angrily as Chase hung on to the dock with a single hand, slipping back into the water slowly. "Focus on it, I'll be fine!"

Spoiler

image.png.4966521fd40f59d407ea58ecd2aad6b8.png

ChaseR uses Calamity Disaster on Fossil Fish 2, 3, 4 & The Lurker! (BD: 1+3-2=2, 3+3-2=5, 5+3-2=6, 2+3+1=6)
ATTACK MISSED [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
20 * 12 - 50 = 240 - 50 = 190 [4]
20 * 12 - 150 = 240 - 150 = 90 [Lurker]

Fossil Fish 2, 3 & The Lurker attack ChaseR! (MD: 4+1-3=2, 5+1-3=3, 8+2-3=7)
ATTACK MISSED [2]
ATTACK MISSED [3]
250 - 43 = 207 [Lurker]

Fossil Fish 2 | HP: 60/250 | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 3 | HP: 60/250 | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 4 | HP: 0/250 (-190) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
The Lurker | HP: 230/500 (-90) | MIT: 150 | DMG: 250 (MD 9/10: 300/350) | ACC: 2 | EVA: -1

[1, 1, 1, 1] NIGHT HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 157/173 | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5
[2, 2, 2, 4] ChaseR | HP: 1323/1530 (-207) | EN: 119/150 (+1, -16) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 76 | V.(DEF): 76 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

Easier said than done. By the time NIGHT had sufficiently hauled herself out the water, she was nigh ready to obliterate the school that had managed to drag her under in the first place. A freshly summoned Cosmic Devourer crackled to life back in her hands once her feet were on the dock, and that reddened steel burned tenfold as her figure tore at the air at rapid speed, the vanta streak tearing across reality with seething vengeance and heat that morphed the distance ahead within the players' vicinity.

One crash was all it took -- the gashes were red this time -- and the minor miscreants shattered into nothing but ash and regret the moment they leapt out the water. The Lurker had nothing on its minion's attacks, either. Though it lunged in an attempt to support its followers, the blast that struck it sent the heavyweight back into the water, causing a surge of waves to ripple out from further out the lake.

Spoiler

ACTION: Using [Charge] on the following attacks.

ID: 177615 | BD: 5 +5-1-2 =     7 | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs Fossil Fish #3.
ID: 177616 | BD: 10 +5-1-2 = 12 | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs Fossil Fish #2.
  | 20 + 2 = 22 DMG | 22 + 5 = 27 DMG | 27 * 12 = 324 DMG | 324 - 50 = 275 DMG 
ID: 177617 | BD: 6 +5-1+1 =  11 | <<Calamity Disaster>> vs The Lurker.
The strikes land! (-14 EN)
20 + 5 = 25 DMG | 25 * 12 = 300 DMG | 300 - 50 = 250 DMG
                                                                   | 300 - 150 = 150 DMG

Fossil Fish 2 | HP: -215/250 (-275) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2
Fossil Fish 3 | HP: -190/250 (-250) | MIT: 50 | DMG: 100 (MD 9/10: 125/150) | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

The Lurker | HP: 80/500 (-150) | MIT: 150 | DMG: 250 (MD 9/10: 300/350) | ACC: 2 | EVA: -1

[2, 3, 2] NIGHT HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 144/173 (+1, -14) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]
[2, 2, 4] ChaseR | HP: 1323/1530 | EN: 119/150 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 76 | V.(DEF): 76 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

The attacks that NIGHT had landed were good- both of the smaller fries had been dealt with, and now it was only the lurker to take care of. But in his current predicament, Chase knew fully well that he wouldn't be able to pull himself out of the waters before this was over. Smiling at NIGHT, he nodded and quickly took his lodged sword out of the boards before diving right back into the water.

1876380709_ChaseDBPHappy.png.59321019721130fab6432af564bdf201.png"I'm genuinely glad I met you NIGHT. You're the most reliable person I could ask for.". His hands were pulled to the surface alongside the sword, before a white spark appeared on its form. With white wisps showing up left and right, they slowly started to form a bright light- but this time, it didn't blind the rogue. Be it because she was now accustomed to it or because the water was blocking its brightness some, it was easy to discern the blade's form. A full greatsword formed out of all the light, almost Chase's entire size in length. He gripped it with both hands and raised it into the air, lightning coursing through all of it before he brought it down onto the Lurker. The flash got brighter only momentarily before it dissipated, leaving Chase and his broken blade behind, the Lurker nowhere to be seen. Now that they had been taken care of, the blueberry swam out of the waters, throwing his sword on the docks before starting to climb on, groaning and coughing some water out. "Mission- ghugh... Mission accomplished.", he joked and gave her a thumbs up, grinning. "Good job partner."

Spoiler

image.png.e7c77c297ccd4ca4ce267852f387b125.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on The Lurker! (BD: 9)
(20 + 1 + 12) * 13 - 150 = 33 * 13 - 150 = 429 - 150 = 279 + PARALYZE

The Lurker | HP: 0/500 (-279) | MIT: 150 | DMG: 250 (MD 9/10: 300/350) | ACC: 2 | EVA: -1

[2] NIGHT HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 144/173 (+1, -14) | ACC: 5 | DMG: 20 | EVA: 4 | MIT: 79 | BH: 80 | PRLYZ: 1 | ABS. ACC | LD: 5 | [CONCENTRATION: 1/3]
[4] ChaseR | HP: 1415/1530 (+92) | EN: 110/150 (+1, -10) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 76 | V.(DEF): 76 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

Edited by ChaseR

"It was all you there," NIGHT returned, watching ChaseR finally return from the swim. She'd sat herself by the boardwalk's edge once more as the light show occurred, a towel in one hand drying off what was left of the mire upon her hair. Though the stone edge of her friend's hit the wood with nary a startle, it had caused her to wonder if forced in between the planks and given a light enough tap it would cause the structure to sink in, just as her guild master's sword did.

A beastly set of weapons. Watching them at work was mesmerizing.

"Hate to admit it wasn't the first time that happened," the woman added, waiting for her companion to tidy up. She'd slung the wet cloth around her neck after cleaning herself as much as she could, leaning backwards, supported by the slide of her hands. Then, a tiny smile alongside a small chuckle.

"So much for 'a casual trip of relaxation'."