[PP|F5] Maintenance Check

After a bit of contemplating as to where to head since Firm Anima was temporarily out of the way, Chase began to wonder about all the blacksmiths in Aincrad. He knew plenty ones around, but the newer ones wouldn't do- he needed somebody more knowledgable, that had stuck around a much longer while than he had. At least a month, if not year of experience more in Aincrad.

525388255_ChaseDBPGuiltySilent.png.15c24977befdb369fca734659e0b77f3.pngAnd so, he ended up where he did- outside of a shop by the fifth floor, 'Forged by Sun'. It was... closed though. But he could see the blacksmith inside? He squinted his eyes and scratched his chin, quietly looking through the window of the store and contemplating whether to knock on the door or just leave her be. "No clue what she's doing but I don't want to interrupt her any... If it's closed it's probably for good reason, but then she wouldn't be here and especially with no blinds pulled over the windows... So should I knock or... It's not like I can't ask NIGHT if she knows any blacksmiths that aren't with closed shops right now too, right..?", the blueberry continued to think, doing what he did best. Which was looking suspicious right where @Teion could see him.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 76
HP: 1550/1550
EN: 152/152

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:77
VAMP DEF:77
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 4]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl

Battle Ready Inventory:
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

Teion was hunched over a drafting table sitting towards the far end of her shop. Her head rested against her palm and curled fingers, a frown worn on her face as she stared with dissatisfaction at a sketch sitting on the paper in front of her. Without anything better to do today, she'd visited her shop for the first time in a while, wiped some of the dust away, and had spent the better part of the last hour or so trying to come up with some cool new designs for a new axe. There wasn't much of a chance that she could craft anything to out-perform the item she'd been given by Zandra some time ago, but it was a means of passing the time.

Teion let out a sigh and straightened her spine. She reached her arms over her head into a stretch and squeezed her eyes shut while she lamented the absence of a satisfying 'crack' that her knuckles would have let out in the real world. About to drop down back to her work, Teion opened her eyes to spot a figure standing fully visible outside. She paused for a moment, dumbfounded, before her brow furrowed in defensive suspicion. She stood up from her seat and made for the front, pulling the heavy wooden door open and taking half a step out into the harsh desert air to address Chase. "Can I help you?"

Having gotten fully lost in his own thoughts, Chase didn't notice all the movement inside of the store before he heard a voice right beside him. He almost instinctively reached for the sword hanging by his waist, before realising they were a) still in a safezone, and b) the voice belonged to the very shop owner he was practically spying on.

1711183250_ChaseDBPSurprised.png.65178d97b443dd80648d1b411b21e952.png"... Potentially.", he asked her with a surprised expression, trying to shift it into a smile, and succeeding, rather awkwardly though. "I er... was wondering if you could run a check on my items. Like a maintenance of sorts.", he tried to elaborate and rubbed the back of his neck, averting his gaze from the blacksmith almost immediately after asking. "I saw your shop but it was closed so I didn't want to knock, but you were inside so I wanted to see if you were up to crafts... Or any blacksmithing in general...", his voice went lower an lower until it practically faded, ending in just a dry cough and admittedly too intense look at her, while the boy waited for a response.

"Oh." The reply came simply as Teion stared at the blue-haired youth. The center of her mouth instinctively tensed into a small frown and her gaze shifted off to the side while she took a second to mull over his words. "Uhm. Like checking the durability and such?" She paused and relaxed her stance a little bit, leaning back into the doorway where she stood. She looked back to Chase and nodded. "Sure, why not? Come in."

Teion turned and walked back into her shop, leaving the door open behind her for the stranger to follow her inside. "You were just browsing shops, then?" She took a stab at a bit of small talk before introducing herself. "I haven't been in proper business in a while, but I should be able to help. I'm Teion, by the way." She gravitated toward a workbench a few feet away from a forge that stood unlit. Placing one hand on her hip, the other gave a small motion to the table top. "So, what've you got?"

Chase quietly followed right behind the blacksmith, scratching the back of his head with a half squinted eye. God, it hurt to be this horrible at having casual talk or not seeming weird every first encounter that he made. "Eh, something like that... I'm avoiding a specific guild's for... reasons. Yours seemed reliable enough, even if it's in the desert of all places..."

510432708_ChaseDBPAwkwardSilent.png.923c4a61c5c04df7296d0559a1f412a9.png"My name is Chase, nice to meet you. Er... I wanted some items checked. I've never seen them in effect so they're still mysteries to me, and there's no compendium for the game's status effects. I'm making one based on everything I see, but... nothing out of field testing so far. You're a blacksmith so you know.", he grumbled and tried to describe his own situation, but it probably wouldn't make much sense to somebody that didn't know him. It had been a good week or so since he last made any progress on finding more about unique skills, and the rarer status conditions are all that was left. "Here, let me...", he said and began to look through his inventory, scrolling through a lot of trashy vanity consumables before he found one of the blades he wanted, showing it to her with a confused look.

<<Venom Slicer>>
T3 Perfect | 2HSS | ACC II, Blight I
A green, slightly curved blade. It's perfectly polished and slick in its design, however it emits a foul, dark mist accompanied by a no less bothersome stench. It's definitely a good idea to stay away from the sharp bits.

• 3 weeks later...

Teion waited for Chase to present an item for her to do something with, and listened to his half-baked explanation of what exactly he wanted her help with. She cocked a brow and shifted her weight. The item was presented to her: a lengthy sword with a distinct green tint to the metal. Shortly after the item had materialized in Chase's hand, a thin mist began to emanate off of it. Teion's mouth turned down into a thoughtful frown, intrigued by the weapon already. But then came the smell. Her hand went to cover her nose, which crinkled when she made a face at the sword and the foul stench it emanated.

"Where did you get this?" Teion asked through her initial repulsion. She was both amazed and disgusted that such a thing existed as a usable weapon, but nonetheless she reached out and took it from Chase by the large handle so she could properly inspect it. "Uhh... The durability on it is fine." She remarked, having pulled up the small dialog window that revealed what her blacksmithing skill would tell her about the item. She had no appraisal skill, so its resale value was beyond her, but she could glean a bit into its attributes, at least. "Blight?" She echoed the enhancement name when she found it. That wasn't something she was used to. Not something she could make or apply to item.

"Uhh, well, it's got a good amount of accuracy on it," She verbally backed up a bit. "and it's a really good quality item. It's got something else on it called 'Blight'. Never really seen that one before. Is that what you're asking about?"

The initial question, although asked in complete disgust, was met with an all too honest response. "I was killing monsters over in the twenty second and one of them dropped this, among the rest of the weapons. Is it rare?", he even inquired in return with a confused glance, a small smile starting to emerge from his confused expression.

1207147221_ChaseDBPSilentUnsure.png.615fe6458b0b35e51a65b45f98d2bcdb.pngBut sadly, the enhancement he came here looking for info didn't appear to be in her field of expertise. Shame. "Y-Yes, the blight is what I was curious about... I see then.". And with that, probably for what was best for Teion's own health, he put away the sword whose stench bothered him little before starting to rummage through his inventory once again. And this time around, he pulled a different blade out, holding it before her quietly. "There's also this from the same monsters that dropped my Slicer... Know anything about this one?". Second thoughts were starting to form behind Chase's initiative to come over to a less known blacksmith for the sake of avoiding Firm Anima. If she didn't know this either, he'd practically look as if he was flexing before her. He didn't mind showing her the weapons in case she could pick up anything from them but the last thing he wanted was to make her feel horrible about her own crafts. Something he felt like he'd succeed at. "S-So? Can you tell anything about it?"

<<Comet Strike>>
T3 Perfect | 2HSS | Taunt, V.OFF I, ACC
A 2' long dark blue blade with a fair width and rounded of edges. While it's not as sharp as others, sometimes, a white mist surrounds its edges. Coming in contact with it is said to leave the target in a daze. Some leather straps are tightly wrapped around the part just above its guard.