[PP-F8] 8th Floor Scouting Report

Miaki was back from his scouting mission in the 8th labyrinth. After discovering the boss room he sent out a message to all the current leaders of the top guilds in Aincrad. He requested a meeting be held in the <>, one of the further settlements and closer to the dungeon. He found a building held higher up than some of the others and provided some privacy and prevented any interruptions as he made plans with those present.

The room was a nice rather large room with an open bay window which overlooked the catwalks below. A long table was in the center of the room where some of the leaders present sat. Miaki preferred to stand when he was giving presentation during his time in the "other" world as he would put it and this was no exception. Miaki looked out the room waiting for things to get started. This was his first joint-guild meeting and he wasn't sure how it would play out.

The man known as the <>, for the use of his shining silver blade appropriately named <>, wore his light brown trench coat and matching fedora. Underneath his coat was the saya holding his katana. Only the handle of the blade was visible to those in the room and that was only if Miaki was directly facing them. He gripped a gloved fist then turned around facing the group before him. "To everyone here. I thank you for attending. For those of you who do not know me, I am Miaki Murakami. It is I who you received your invitations to this meeting from and I who lead the scouting party which found the boss room on this floor."

Saix regarded the young man curiously, his gaze focused on the Fedora hat and Coat, which reminded him of a pulp fiction detective. He had been watching the man with a bemused expression for some time, apparently enjoying the novelty of the ensemble. Dressed in his red coat and wearing his Rapier sheathed at his side, his calm and happy demeanor almost appeared out of place, as though the seriousness of the situation had managed to somehow bypass him. However, there was something dangerous in his steely grey gaze, a testament to the keen mind that had forged one of the largest active guilds in Aincrad.

Though they had not taken their first step onto the front-lines, the Ebon Vanguard remained a powerful force on lower floors, and Saix had earned a reputation as a cunning strategist who employed his Guild in small groups to maximize combat effectiveness, and quickly level on the lower floors. More importantly, he had cultivated quite a powerful group of followers, boasting some of the most impressive fighters and crafters in all of Aincrad. Waiting patiently for the rest of the invited Guild Leaders to assemble, he found himself in the uniquely amusing position of being one of the lowest level players in the room.

And yet Saix had never put much stock in Level. With his experience and the excellent gear he had gathered through his adventures, he was confident that he was just as effective an asset in this battle as any of the higher level players who had dominated the Clearing Team thus far. And while he was certainly interested in doing his part to defeat this Death Game, he also felt compelled to attend the meeting if only to witness the progress himself. The fact that the Guilds were meeting at all was rather amazing really. Usually, a small group of elite players would have struck out alone against the boss.

The fact that they had been gathered like this only served to illustrate the turning point he had predicted. That the boss battles would inevitably change. Thus far things had remained simple, a single large enemy to attack, a small efficient group to tear that enemy down... But, if the Guilds were being summoned to discuss strategy to take on this mysterious new threat on Floor 8, then this previous strategy was no longer viable. The game had, for all intents and purposes, changed. And it was up to the Guilds to unite against a common enemy, so that they might together find a means of seizing victory.

A victory that no single guild could claim on their own. Yes, this meeting was going to be very interesting indeed.

I had just finished wandering around the 8th floor cities and received an invitation from Miaki to attend a strategy meeting in one of the nicest buildings on floor. I was wearing my typical look with my DARK blue pants, royal blue shirt (with my guild logo on the back) and my sword & shield on my back.

I approached the building as I saw a player enter the doors. He must be here for the meeting. I said to myself. I then went in the doors and up to the top floor where the meeting was being held. I entered the room and saw 2 players so far. I have had this feeling before. It was I who lead these meetings for the first 6 floors and then I got caught up in tons of meeting with guild services. It was a team lead by me that managed to clear the first 4 floors in one months time. Some people know me and some may not.

Hello there. I am Shark, Leader of the Knights of Christ. You may have heard of me before. I am also known as >. I then proceeded to my seat next to Saix and awaited for the others to gather.

Nikki entered the room and stopped at the entrance. Inside Were3 people so far, Miaki, Saix, and someone she had never met before. For a moment she wasn't sure if she should proceed, and if not for the specific permission she had received she would certainly have turned around. It was odd for her to think of herself as being important, but she had worked her way up the ranks and was now actually someone who mattered. She decided that the best place for her to be was next to her Captain Saix, and so with out much of a word she crossed the room and took a seat next to him. She had hopped that she wasn't going to be late, and luckily judging by the small number of people in the room she had managed to make it in time.

"Thank you for letting me come along." She whispered to Saix after taking her seat. Immediately she noticed he was a smaller level than the others in the room, but this was of no concern to her. He was brilliant and had never needed to spend his time chasing levels like the rest of the players. This was why she admired him, and respected him as her captain. Nikki also noticed that Miaki had a look of authority about him now as he prepared to address the group. No doubt he had found something important on floor 8 otherwise this meeting would not be happening.

As for the final player Nikki had never seen him before, but he certainly carried an air of importance with him. He certainly had to be another guild leader, and from what she could assume, he was powerful. And then there was her, just starting to fill into her role, still inexperienced by comparison, and certainly the most nervous person here. She hoped it didn't show too much.

Miaki removed the leather gloves he was wearing and began to make his way to the front. Still nervous about giving a report to some of the top guild leaders Miaki inhaled through his nose and glanced at the three in the room. Perhaps more would show up he thought to himself. He was comforted to see that the familiar face of Nikki was in the room being the only person he recognized. While making his way forward, Miaki swiped open his menu and projected a large display which was a map of the 8th floor labyrinth. "What you are looking at here is a map of the 8th floor labyrinth. From what I can tell the interior isn't all that much different from the previous floors. A crazy maze with monsters and enough twists and turns to lose your sense of direction." A red dot appeared in one particularly large room on the display. "Right here is where the boss room is located. The walk from the entrance to the boss room is perhaps a 2 hour walk roughly."

"The boss room itself is a poorly lit room with light coming from the luminescent moss and shrooms that cover much of the room. Like you'd expect from the room it is themed off the eighth floor with many various types of flora. In the center of the room is a massive overgrown plant monster titled, <>. When we entered the room the boss was merely in a early stage of growth in the form of a plant bulb. But once my team was in the room it bloomed into a flower, revealing a large carnivorous mouth with thorns for teeth. Around the boss were four large <> that were twice my size. Each of them were spewing out green toxic fumes. Poison I imagine."

"Now... As for the Guardians health." He said with a pause. "The Guardian has 128 health points." He stopped there and let that last bit sink in while gauging their reaction.

Moments after I arrived, some girl who I had never met before walked in and set next to Saix, I assumed she was a co- Leader. Miaki then began to report his findings. I looked around at the others. The only ones not surprised were myself and Saix.

Just then, I just came up with some plans of attack and started thinking aloud... We would need at least 5 different teams of about 6-7 players if possible... At least 2 teams per seed and then another team or so to try to take out the boss before it grows too big... We may also need some defenders that can take a good amount of damage so we can make try not to have any casualties. I don't want anyone to die. I then looked over to Saix to see what he was thinking and how close we are to each others ideas.

Saix smiled warmly at his lieutenant as she arrived and nodded in response to her expression of gratitude. "You are very welcome. Besides, there is no better tank in all of Aincrad, and we will no doubt need your skill. I would never ask you to risk yourself in a battle that you weren't prepared for." He whispers in response, right before Miaki began speaking of his encounter with the formidable boss. Saix, now completely serious and focused, remained silent, his penetrating gaze locked on the speaker as he let the information soak in.

When Miaki had finished, Saix closed his eyes and leaned forward, examining the information from every angle, doing his best to examine all the pieces of the puzzle. Interesting, very interesting. He was aware that Shark was speaking, and nodded along. Yes, multiple teams would be necessary to accomplish their victory. Finally, his strategy complete, he opened his eyes and took a deep breath, before standing to address those gathered. "Based on the information that the Scouting Team has risked life and limb to gather, I believe we can safely say that at the very least, the greatest threat in the first part of this battle is not the Boss itself, but rather these poisonous Seed Pods."

He pauses, his grey eyes focusing on Shark for a moment. "Undoubtedly they will have their own HP value, and must be destroyed as quickly as possible to prevent the poison from inflicting too much damage over time. The escalating difficulty curve would suggest that we were then free to focus on the boss itself. However, this would be too easy. It is a safe assumption that these pods will have their own respawn timers. So we must remain vigilant and kill them as quickly as they spawn. I believe our best course of action would be 5 teams total, made up of at least 3 players per team. With our tanks focused on keeping the boss busy, our DPS players will burn down the Seed Pods, and turn their attention to the boss itself until the Seed Pods respawn."

He was in his element now, Saix may never have been a level grinder, but tactics were his forte. "Given our boss is a plant type, and appears to be a giant flower, we can also assume that it's form of attack will be limited. We are also fortunate in that it will remain immobile as it is planted in the ground. We can then freely disperse and employ every advantage that surrounding this enemy will grant us. And we will need to surround it, that much I am certain of. Rooted in place, pun intended, as it is we must assume that it will have single target and area of effect attacks. Massing together will prove dangerous, therefore, we will use the Pods to disperse our forces. Turning against the boss and surrounding it from 5 sides when the pods are dead."

It was ironic really, here they were strategising how to defeat the boss, and yet they were treating it as a mere annoyance. "Miaki, since you were the one who led the party to find the boss. What do you think? Could such a strategy work? And will we be able to find two more competent tanks? This strategy demands we have a team of tanks to occupy the attention of our boss while we tear down the Seed Pods. I have the utmost faith in Nikki and her abilities, but I will not risk her alone against this Guardian. We will need 2 more tanks, or at the very least defensively oriented characters to back her up. I think 12 DPS players will be rather easy to find, between our gathered guilds and some of the stronger solo players who can call in." He surmised speculatively. He could have continued, but honestly without the other two Guild Leaders showing confidence in the plan and agreeing to pursue the idea, there would have been no point. He had talked enough for now, better to let them digest his words and formulate response.

Zero stood behind Shark as the Guild Leaders spoke and listened to Miaki attentively. He was slightly concerned by the information regarding the boss, but kept his thoughts on it to himself. He glanced at Saix and Nikki Styx, he'd heard of all the people gathered there including those two. Ebon Vanguard... Same as KoC they're making a move now... He turned his attention to Miaki as Shark began to speak and remained quiet, stuck in his thoughts once again. Miaki The Silver Swordsman... He's been doing well for himself...

When Saix began to speak Zero turned his attention to him, listening attentively to what he said. He felt impressed by Saix's strategic viewpoint on the entire issue, he had plenty of well thought out strategies on how to deal with the different elements of the boss fight and they all seemed perfectly though out for the scenario. He slightly leaned near Shark's ear and whispered. "I'd like to volunteer for the battle, I can use 'that' to deal plenty of rapid damage if you'll allow me to fight." He gave all the leaders and members present a glance as he spoke. "It would serve our strategy well, don't you think sir?"

I just finished thinking aloud and as I looked around, It seemed as though Saix was in agreement, however, he wanted to get into more detail. He then continued to add on to what I was thinking and managed to enhance it quite a bit. He explained way more detail... He has witout a doubt earned the "Strategist" title here in Aincrad.

Just moments later, Zero whispered into my ear. I'd love for you to participate! I have the perfect idea. I told him as I began to look around.

I looked over at Saix as he gave his speech, That is a perfect Idea! I can look for some more tanks. I can also fill in as a tank if needed, My shield helps restore HP after I take some damage. Also, will be with me on taking out the Pods since one of his abilities helps deal lots of damage. Once all of the Pods are taken care of, We will focus all attacks on the boss. I said to Saix and backed up his position as well as giving my own thoughts.

I then looked around at the others, The > will definitely be the worst of our problems. I can take a group and deal with the pods. I love taking the hits to keep players safe. I tell the group.

Miaki was leaning on the table with both hands as he listened to Saix and Shark share there thoughts and input. Miaki was highly impressed that such a tactical mind was in the room and made a mental note to keep tabs with Saix in the future. Miaki noticed Zero whispering to Shark about something, possibly what Zero gave hint to when they were on the fifth floor together but that wasn't his business to pry into. Miaki partially sat on the table and crossed his arms when Shark asked for Miaki's opinion. He was glad to see that everyone in the room kept a cool head while discussing the latest threat.

He leaned back a few inches and gave his own feed back. "I fully back up Saix's plan. So we have five squads of three working on each of the five targets we have before us. Fifteen total players atleast. It seems the most efficient and an ideal amount of players needed to execute the attack." Miaki sighed for a moment. "I'm not one to boast or bring up my skill levels very often. But I can say that while I am not necessarily a tank. I can hold my own very well and would be willing to add myself to the roster with Nikki and you Shark if you decide to join us in that squad."

The newly self-proclaimed Emperor of Mavericks walked in the Room and throwing the door behind him, creating a rather loud slam. He gazed about the room with a look that would send chills down one's spine. Though this look reverted almosr instantly to amusement, as if he had just told a joke. He was dressed in a Mogul tuxedo, with a crimson Sash running around his torso, Shoulder to waist and around. His blonde hair messy and all about, unkempt. His suit slightly in dismay. By his side stood a light Blue furred wolf, almost exactly as they were on the first floor, Other than this one was slightly larger.

He nodded his head and walked over to the Table by Miaki.

"Sorry to Interuppt," He chuckled then added "That was a lie, I am not sorry. Anyhow, I am here on behalf of The Azure Brigade, same as Miaki. Now please, continue on." The Blood Buccaneer sneered as he reached the table. Pulling up a chair he sat and then put his feet up on the table. The wolf had waltzed on by and stood, protectively, at Zelrius's side.

In no way possible was he being courteous or kind, He made sure of that. Zelrius wanted to make sure it seemed that way. He looked to Miaki to see if he would keep on talking.

Nikki sat in silence for most of the conversation. So far the plan was to create several teams and attack different points at the same time. The center team would be comprised of tanks, which obviously meant her, and would attack the main stem of the boss to hold agro while the rest of the teams defeated the poison pods. Clearly if the room was filled with poison gas, then using a poison cure was out of the question, though she wondered now about healing potions. She made a mental note to grab a few extra just in case things went bad. Now she had to address the concern of the tank group fighting the main flower.

Saix had spoken up saying that he would not risk her life to have her challenge it alone. Nikki couldn't help but smile at the consideration being taken for her safety. In truth if they asked her to stand it alone she would, but she was certainly glad she didn't have to. Almost immediately after Shark spoke up stating that he could be in the tank group if needed, Miaki also stated the same thing. Nikki took a moment to ponder this. Yes she liked the idea of having multiple people tanking so she wasn't alone, but she was now worried about the capabilities of the other two. Not to say that she didn't think they could do it, however Tanking was something that needed dedication and practice. In fact she sacrificed so many other things so that she could take a hit, for her it was an art.

She wanted to say something however her attention was quickly stolen by two other players. One she hadn't noticed enter the room, stood behind shark, and had been conversing with him about something. The other, A Pker, had entered in a rather rude fashion making a lot of noise and generally being disruptive. Nikki looked back to Saix, as if silently asking what to do, and then quickly returned her attention back to Zelrius. He announced that he was here on behave of the Azure Brigade, just like Miaki. Now there was nothing she could do, she had to wait, she had to listen, she had to be good, She couldn't risk the already unstable Guild politics by jumping into some hasty decision.

However rather than wait for anyone else to speak she took her chance now. "I would like to volunteer to lead the tank team. While I have the utmost faith in the guild leaders capabilities and I mean you no disrespect..." She gestured to shark and Miaki as she spoke. "I am a dedicated tank. My purpose since starting the game has been survivability and not DPS. I can hold my own better than most and feel that the primary responsibility of distraction should rely on me. SO I would ask then that If you would assist me with this, that for everyone's safety you follow my lead." She began to blush a bit after she finished. He had not expected to address everyone so frankly.

Standing with his hands clasped behind his back, Saix politely listened to the other Guild Leaders, nodding when they spoke in support of his plan. Thus far, things had proceeded well, far better than he had expected. Right up until the arrival of the 'Blood Buccaneer'. His first instinct was to voice his disapproval, yet he was aware that pointless argument would only impact their tenuous situation negatively. He had no desire to stroke the PK'ers ego by facilitating an argument, not when it would only serve to set back the occasion. This was the first time the major Guilds were interested in working together, he could not risk such progress now by engaging in a simple argument.

He noticed Nikki's questioning glance, and responded with the smallest shake of his head. They could deal with Orange Players later, right now this meeting was their highest priority. When Nikki volunteered to lead the Tank Team, diverting attention from Zelrius' rudeness, Saix was happy to seize on the moment and return the focus to the matters at hand. "I believe that Nikki is our best choice for the leader of this tanking squad. But I do believe that you would be better served acting as a '16th' man Miaki. Moving from group to group as needed, and coordinating our efforts to ensure the teams remain focused on their priority targets. This is your show Miaki, and taking a leadership role is only natural. I would attempt to do so myself, yet I remain unproven on the Front Lines."

He spoke plainly, his grey eyes flashing. "A seasoned veteran in command of the operation will improve morale, ensuring our fighting force is properly motivated. I will set the best of my guild into forming a party to deal with one of these Seed Pods. Shark has kindly offered to do the same. That leaves finalizing our Tank Group, led by Nikki, and forming two more DPS groups. I believe that finding another defensive associated player to assist Nikki would be paramount. And I have a special player in mind for the 3rd member of this group. One of my guild members has an invaluable skill capable of causing massive damage to a single target. Unfortunately, that damage is dealt over time and is unsuitable for dealing with Seed Pods. However, against this boss it would prove a potent source of damage to go along with our Tank's keeping the boss' attention."

Ayane had proven reluctant to use her new skill in battle, but had confided in him that if he felt her skill was needed, she would reveal it in open combat. The only problem with tanking, is the trade of DPS for Survivability. Pairing her Shadowed Path with Nikki and another tank, would allow her to focus on using the potent bleeding conditions imposed by her Unique Skill, and the deadly blade that she wielded so well. Against a Seed Pod, her extra damage capabilities would prove a hindrance, as they required time to bleed health fully. But against the boss in prolonged combat, her ability to bleed for extra damage would be enormously important. "I suppose the big question is, do we have a suitable tank among our Guilds, or those we are familiar with?" Nikki had been correct after all, tanking was not something to be taken up lightly. It required a very special mindset, equipment, and skill at arms.

As Zelrius walked in Miaki made a mental note to remember to smack him over the head and remind him about representing the Azure Brigade properly. But that was something to deal with privately. For now Miaki simply said in a monotone. "You're late Zelrius. Try to be more punctual please. We're discussing how to organize squads for dealing with the boss. Please pay attention and try to keep up. If you feel like you missed something I'll speed you up afterwards."

Nikki then spoke up regarding the group comprised of tanks and volunteered herself to lead them being the best tank herself. Miaki gave a small smirk and threw and arm out to the side and made a small bow while still partially sitting on the table. "Well then I am at your command Nikki Styx, Lieutenant of the Ebon Vanguard." He made eye contact with her and gave a quick wink that only she noticed. "As I said already, I am not a tank person so I think this would be the best coarse of action."

Despite being fast, Keith had a reputation for being late. He ran through Floor 8 while his eyes glowed green, tracking the spot he had to get to for the meeting. "Aw geez, I'm totally boned for this!" He yelped as he skidded to a halt at the door. He took a few breaths and adjusted his vest/jacket thingy. He then opened the door and walked in casually, seeing many other power players from Sword Art Online. Most knew the young Maverick Hunter, but Keith tilted his head as he saw someone named, <>.

Thinking nothing of it, Keith shrugged as he smiled and waved to his friends. "Hey hey hey, everybody! What's up?" Keith said, trying to get everyone off the fact that he was intensely late. "So... I heard there's a meeting?" He said, as he met with everyone else. "I'm here to represent the Magical Elements for my little sis, lord knows that she couldn't sit through a meeting." He said with a chuckle, when in all honesty, he wasn't exactly a sit-down-and-wait type himself.

Miaki stood back up and put his left hand behind his back and spoke using his right hand. "Well then Keith, since you are here on Ruri's behalf I assume Haine told you everything she saw since she was a part of my scouting party." Miaki turned around and looked at the display in front of them. Contemplating on what people he knew that would want to get in on the next big boss fight. "So what else do we have to discuss here? We seem to have an idea of how to deal with boss. What would you say is the next order of business?"

Upon listening to the other players, some PKer entered in the rudest way. I was very disappointed in him and now the guild he came on behalf of. I didn't want to cause a scene and ruin the connections that we all have here right now so I just sat back and stayed quiet.

I toned out for a brief bit while it was quiet and tensions were weird. I then came back to here Niki volunteer for the tank lead and what it means to be a tank. I then started thinking some more and thought of something else since Miaki said he could help out with the tanks.

Ok. Here is what I think. We currently have the two best strategists in Aincrad, At this point I then turned and looked at Saix, hoping he had an idea of where I was going, and some really hard hitters and defenders. I would agree with having a dedicated tank out in front. Since I am not as dedicated as Niki, I will hold off a bit and jump in when I see them getting tired. I can find another tank or two. Zero on the other hand will be on the DPS team because he has a special skill that does tons of damage to a single target. I think that since Saix and I are the ones coming up with the plans, then we will be overlooking the entire operation from a better vantage point and try to make sure everything is going according to plan. I said as a new player entered the room on behalf of yet another guild of interest.

This person seemed nicer than the one before him. He entered the room and kind of gave me a weird look.

In my recent times of being on the front lines, I have figured that there has to be at least 1 or 2 people that have a good view to make sure we have things covered and the right commands are being given. That is where SAix and I come in. We can fill that part. I then looked around to see what the others are thinking. Zero slipped me a thumbs up as I awaited responses from the others.

Zelrius raised a Hand, But still looked at his feet and not the rest of the Room. He hair hanging from his head blocking his Eyes, the Blood Buccaneer asked rather flatly

"I would actually like to Partake in either the DPS or Seed Pod squads. Despite what you all may think of me, you know one thing is for certain; I can hit hard and fast ask any Azure, Ex-Frontliner or any Dead people." He laughed as he listed the last one. He knew it wouldn't entertain the guild leaders but that wasn't on his priorities. He finally looked up at the others only to see what their facial expressions would be after that statement.

Miaki gave a Zelrius a dull, blunt look staring at him trying not how to make a scene. "I've only led small numbers in battles like I did with the previous floor. I tend to think better on the ground in the heat of combat. However I do agree that when working with large forces someone needs to be looking at the battlefield as a whole. So Shark, you think you can handle that while in the group with myself and Nikki?" He looked at the map which gave a basic layout of the boss room. Maybe next time Miaki would invest in a <> for one of these meetings. It would've certainly made things more useful for detailing the boss room.

Miaki looked around the room at everyone. "So how are we going to recruit people? Do we select some or do we put out a call for enlistment to the boss fight? I'm more privy to a selection process because an open enlistment brings in some rather unreliable people at times. I think this right here is the last detail to cover besides placing those involved in groups." He said before looking for input once again.

Now that the meeting was in full swing, Saix was able to sit back and quietly watch the other Guild Leaders as they went about their business, evaluating them. He could see that he was not the only one who found Zelrius troublesome, as he noticed the pointed dull looks that Miaki was shooting him. It would seem as though their might be trouble in the would be 'Strongest Guild in Aincrad'. When Keith had departed the Azure Brigade, it left Miaki in charge. And yet it seemed not even Miaki's leadership position could keep Zelrius in line.

That might be important later, best to file it away for now.

Shark and Zero on the other hand seemed to share a good relationship, similar to his own with Nikki in fact. Of the other gathered Guild Leaders, they definitely appeared the most 'united'. If the entire Guild proved to be so close knit, they could prove formidable indeed. The last Guild Leader in attendance was one that Saix found especially interesting, given his one time Leadership of the Azure Brigade. He could only wonder what Miaki and Keith were thinking in this meeting, given the quick nature of Keith's departure from the Brigade.

But as the meeting appeared to be on the verge of wrapping up, he shifted his attention back to Miaki as he spoke. "I believe that between the assembled Guilds we could easily form enough parties for this raid. In all honesty I would rather we use the selection method ourselves. This will not be an easy battle, and I would rather have full confidence in those who will fight beside me either through personal knowledge or having one of you vouch for them, rather than have unknown elements in the fight who could potentially throw off the strategy."