[F2-PP] Impossible times...(Let There Be Light)

Eruda sits in the dark corner of the Guild Hall as her shop was occupied. It was very late, rounding to about 1 am. Eruda was crying her eyes out not thinking that anyone was here. It had been just a few days since Raidou had left her at the table with no explanation. She couldn't bring herself to sleep or do anything other than cry right now. She opened her heart to a guy who she fell for, it was going well she thought and there was something there or so she thought. Her chest burned, she then began to think that maybe she read the signs wrong. Maybe he didn't even like her and she was just imagining it all. She didn't understand how she fell for him so hard so fast and just like that it was over. Did she push him into it... Was he just being nice...Tears poured down her face as she hears the front door open...She goes straight to panic mode, she claps her hands against her mouth. Seeing Raidou come through the door, he closes it and starts to walk upstairs. He stops halfway up as his head turns slightly. He didn't look at her directly but after a split second, he rushes up the stairs. Eruda places her head against the back wall closing her eyes now thinking, -Of course he stays here at night-. After she doesn't hear footfall anymore she gets to her feet and runs out the door.

Eruda | HP:880/880 | EN:76/76 | DMG:3 | MIT:107 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 38
HP: 880/880
EN: 76/76

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 107
BH:26
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 2]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Preparing for an early morning, her trinkets in her clutches still stuck together in a small satchel. Out of nowhere, Eruda barrels into her. "Oof." she lets out in a soft clattering between them both. "Are you ok?" she asks rather quizically to the blonde. She was in a hurry for some reason. Kasumi looks her up in down and can tell there's something on her mind. Her eyes were puffy and it seems something was wrong. A flash of light in muted pink adds the expected delivery back to her inventory, she'd have to make the deposit a bit later. For now, her friend needed her. A clambering of her heels still dressed in her shop get up, she turns to Eruda under the still waning moonlight. "Come on, let's get out of here." as she begins the journey back to coral to make the leap to floor 2 where her shop was located.

Kasumi | HP:680/680 | EN:68/68 | DMG:14 | MIT:12 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BLD:24

Spoiler

Kasumi, The Blossom
Level: 34
HP: 680/680
EN: 68/68

Stats:
Damage: 14
Mitigation: 12
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Mugen's Lineage - Growth [T2/Perfect] Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Mugen Tenshin Decree [T1/Perfect] (3 Accuracy)
Misc: White Red-trimmed Gee [T1/Perfect] (3 Evasion)

Skills:
Martial Arts [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T1/Perfect/Support/Instant] +60 HP*2
Bird Seed (T2/Rare/Snack) Vitality 2*1

Housing Buffs:
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Crashing into Kasumi...she was a bit surprised but a mess. She was thinking -God I am soo sorry- but she couldn't find words to provide. Kasumi walks Eruda to her shop, both going through the warp gate together, hearing Kasumi say the floor as she holds her a bit. Arriving at her shop soon enough, Eruda was still crying. She couldn't seem to stop and she was angry about it. Walking inside her shop with no words she sits on the floor by the door and covers her face bringing her knees to her chest. It was silent and she wanted to talk but it wasn't easy for her right now. It felt like she was back at square one. "I'm sorry..." she manages to say muffled beneath her hands as she puts her head against the wall now. She wanted to get past it but it hurt so much...she couldn't understand why. She wanted it to stop...

Rounding her hair with her hand, around her ear she removes her apron and the ribbon. Her orange hair parades past her face and she sits down next to Eruda. "Don't be. It's important to let it out than to bottle it in. Here." Kasumi scoots on her butt and faces the blonde tank. Reaching out and picking up her hands in her own, connected with her legs folded beneath her. "A little trick I learned a while ago. Breathe in and out with me." she asks as she turns Eruda's hands in her own palm side up. "A pool of water clear without any movement, within it you see yourself." She mutters and breaths in deeply. "But it's different, you notice it looks like who you are. As you look at your hands, they do not match." she exhales with the same steadiness. "The water ripples as you reach forward and tap it. The reflection of who you are now, resides within that pool. In this what do your hands look like?"

Letting Kasumi take her hands she closes her eyes with a sniffle. Picturing the water, herself within it. It was a visual of which she had thrived to be all this time. A signature character that wasn't scared to be who she was deep inside. It was the person she made herself with much effort. Taking a slow deep breath, a ripple as she sees her hands and sees not the same. Looking closer, it was her, trapped within a feeling she was having trouble shaking away. A slow exhale, the bubble bursts and she can feel something shift inside her. Her eyes open at this point as she glances at Kasumi. Hear tears had dried up as she realized she forgot the true reason for being in this game in the first place. Not to get wrapped around feeling for a person, but to protect people from the unknown. To help people succeed, a thing she was unable to accomplish herself out of this game given certain circumstances. She decided right then that it wasn't going to be easy but she was going to lock up those feelings. The feelings that made her distracted till they didn't. She knew that it was going to be harder this time than before but maybe with the help she could focus on what was important. Getting the hell out of this game. 

With soft eyes now she says "I see who I want to be," She takes a deep unsteady breath. "I spent so much time bettering myself, then because of someone special to me...I feel like I am fizzling away. Reverting to what I was before..." Taking slow inhales, then out as she tries to calm herself. Her tears finally dry up though with Kasumi's help. Was Raidou really the one who gave her that much strength over herself she thought. He was the first one to believed that she could be better and overcome anything, why could she not believe in herself as he did for her.

Edited by Eruda

Another deep inhale as she opens her eyes and begins to speak, her flawless skin glistening in the dim lighting. "Not quite, but I am glad that is what you see. It keeps perspective. But on those ripples and the changing reflection, it shows that your never the same person when you last looked last. You see who you want to be, then It means you're going in the right direction. That person may change and you will see that the reflection will also change. There is no reason to feel trapped, for as those waves, there is nothing holding you back." She offers a deeper understanding, Kasumi was showing her a guided meditation. "Keep moving forward, don't let your feelings get in the way of what you want. Don't think I've forgotten how you feel about my cousin. You got glasses from me to give to him remember?" The blossom sports a smile. "Raidou is a tough cookie to crack, he hasn't experienced a lot of the world. You've gotten more out of him than I ever could. That means something." she comments squeezing Eruda's hand. "Don't give up. I'll be here to help keep pushing."

Eruda forgot all about the glasses. She gives a soft chuckle "I wonder if he still has those glasses, though he has yet to abandon the robe that I made for him." She closes her eyes again and inhales deeps letting everything that Kasumi said sink in. An exhales at the same pace, a few more concentrating. Opening her eyes now she smiles, "I know Raidou is tough and my feelings for him have only grown which makes what happened even harder." She crossed her legs now sitting up with a sniffle. "When I came into this game, Raidou was the first one to tell me that he believed in me. Kasumi, even in real life I never got that from anyone. I always ever got, -Eruda do this, Eruda do that, Make dinner. Freya your sister is so weird, you should ditch her...- Yea apparently being quiet and not talking makes you weird. This is why when Raidou told me this, it meant so much to me." She clears her throat a bit and wipes some of her tears away against her shoulder. "When I came into this world Kasumi I was a nobody. I met Raidou and he flips my world literally upside down and never gives me the time of day to be with him. Every other guy at school was rude and a bully, but here...Raidou, he was nice, sweet, and just perfect. Why is it the one time I actually like a guy, he doesn't like me back...I am just so confused right now." Eruda closes her eyes and takes another slow inhale, then exhale and the same pace.

Edited by Eruda

"I bet he does." Kasumi offers the same grin and optimism to the blonde tank "He's always been that way, its not just you. Its more surprising that he gave you the hand he did. The Raidou here is hardly the one I knew. He's different here, but still cares the exact same way." Holding her hands tight with her own, the floral scent throughout the shop would be calming. As she shifts forward and gives Eruda an honest hug. "Things are different now, you mean something to people here. That will follow you out, what's important is that you nurture that voice of yours. I believe in you, in the same way I do him. And I understand that, he really does have a way of changing your way of seeing everything." That very support that she felt through Raidou in silence she pays forward to Eruda. She may not see what his intentions are, what he has planned but she knows his heart is in the right place. From a young age she knew the boy in glasses. The fact he still wore them here proved that he was still exactly who he was meant to become, and Eruda was a part of that. Kasumi was sure of it.

Thinking about her words...all of what Kasumi said to her, it was very calming. She stays in the hug for a few minutes hugging her back because it felt nice, comforting. Pulling away she gives Kasumi a smile saying "Thank you for listening, you really have a way with people you know that." Shifting herself up to her feet now she glances down at her with a deep breath. She really did feel a bit better about things. After everything she has been through she had to believe that even after the worst, that things would eventually lookup. She just had to wait it out and hope for the best. For now, she would try to set those feeling aside. Give Raidou space, and just have faith that someday he would find his way back to her. 

Holding a hand to Kasumi to help her up now she says "Do you want to go do something? I know it's late but even if I tried to sleep, it would not come easy for me right now. I was thinking of an easy quest or something." Giving a soft smile she looks at the girl. Thinking how nice she was and if she was different from this in the real world. Anyone would be lucky to have such a great friend.

Springing up and bouncing on the flats of her feet. "No problem, I don't know about that but I appreciate the compliment." she moves to light a few of the candles within the abode, the place reeked of cherry blossoms, as did the girl who lived in it. A question from Eruda causes her to turn as the place grew brighter. "Ok, I normally get up this early." She told the girl "Gimme a moment." She rounds the corner and the counter, into the little workshop and bedroom at the back of the building. Changing into her combat attire from her shop clothes, the white gii, and picking up the white ribbons that took her hands. She began to wrap the decree around her palms with twists of them with open hands. "We can do whatever you like." Kasumi told Eruda given she only had the delivery to make, not much else planned and it would only take a little to make the deposit.

Coming back around the corner, Eruda smiles. "You really do look good in that. What made you want that specific outfit in this game if I may ask?" She too went into her inventory and just equips her gear right over her clothing. Her sword and shield appear on her back as she begins to walk out the door. It really made her wonder given Kasumi's gii, what she did back home. Walking out of the shop Kasumi falls along behind her. Heading to the quest board, glancing at the time, it was just about 5 am...The time she usually became alive too. Something they had in common. She had a good feeling about Kasumi and she felt a bit bad about the first time they quested together. But that was all in the past and all Eruda wanted to do now is move forward. Taking a quest from the board in town, she takes a few steps and she is stopped by a lady. She was frantic and crying. She explains that her little girl was missing and was attacked and that she needed her child back. Describing where she was last seen, Eruda nod and looks to Kasumi. Sharing the quest and sending a party invite she says "Let's go find that little girl." She begins making her way to the cave on her map that was high lighted in green. 

A twist of her head in a bit of confusion on Eruda's curiosity. "My gii? Well, I feel comfortable in it at home. It seemed right to wear one in here. It reminds me of where I come from, so I never forget." Kasumi remarks with a smile all her own. With her hands wrapped accordingly and heading toward the settlement with an earnest slide of the quest board, Eruda picks one out. "Sounds like a good one!" The blossom expresses, walking alongside her questing partner. Taking a separate foot on the journey she was playing +1, as Eruda spoke to the distraught mother and gained more information. It seems that a little girl was lost within the caverns just outside the walls of the city, and to the same effect as the blonde tanks map Kasumi's highlights as well. A general quest marker, a place to start the search. "mmhmm." Kasumi lets out through a muffled hum and a nod.

"That's a nice thought. I have something else or rather someone else that does that for me. Griswold, my father... when I see him it reminds me of my mother and how she screwed my life up royally. Another story for another time if you want to hear it." Glancing to Kasumi with a small smile...She was glad to have Kasumi as a friend now more than ever. 

After a short jaunt to the cave just outside the walls, she stands in the entrance looking into nothing but darkness. "This should be interesting..." as she listens before entering. Focusing on anything of note, she hears something...someone..."Is anyone there...Please...Help me..." Silence fell as she looks at Kasumi. Moments later a large scream echoes within the cavern walls. "Kasumi" she calls out as she pulls her sword and shield out following the screaming cry out of this little girl. Running into the darkness as her only focus now was to keep the girl alive.

"Ok." Kasumi accepts rather plainly with her smile never fading, she was interested to hear her friend's story. "I didn't know Griswold was your dad." The epiphany came as a bit of a shock, placing her finger to her chin as she mentally tried to see some familial trait that linked them together as they traveled. Through a clearing beneath the cover of the canopy in dark emerald, a small mouth of a cave that appeared like a stone lion with jagged teeth. Within its pit it was dark as pitch, lighting would be an issue. "Sure looks that way, wish I brought a light." she mutters looking into the mouth and recalling third lessons with the stone guardians where Shiina lit it up. The cries of the small child within cause her to jerk and look to Eruda, it was now or never. Pulling her equipment tight she looks at the blonde tank and whispers "Right"

The comment from Kasumi would have to be answered later. Wondering through the darkness now following the screams of the little one. "Where are you," Eruda calls out...seconds later a response "Here, I'm here...NO LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" It took her a moment to find where here was but Eruda managed to eventually see movement in the darkness ahead of her. Not sure what it was but given that the voice was so close now she could only assume that she had located the girl. 

Eruda right then went full rage. Sliding herself in front of the small child now she looks to Raserei who was behind her the whole time. The small wolf was very quiet with everything until now. Growling at the creatures as they could both her flapping in the cavern around them that echoed within the cove. Flames ignite under the wolf then under Eruda's feet as she calls out "Flame up," Raserei turns transparent and jumps through Eruda with a growl and as contact is made, unhinged flames send lines to the hostile creatures but there was none at the moment. She would wait for Kasumi to act first, but she was ready. "Kasumi, I have the girl act now." Eruda's mannerism changed completely. Her protective leadership kicked in, making her completely different in words and thought. "Your safe now little one," Eruda says glancing over her shoulder to the little blond girl. Pulling her shield up now, she was ready... 

Edited by Eruda

Low light penalty triggered, Players receive -1 Accuracy

A flash of pink creates a small amount of light for but a brief moment, and despite the dim lighting, she manages a connection through feeling alone. A flicker of blue before her blow connects. It shatters in a scatter of data in a quick rocketing flying dragon that causes it to rocket to one side of the chamber like a missile. "Just like that." She swallows hard, making the choice in a brief exchange. Better it than the child, and she assumed that reason would not work here. If she failed to act then the child would be in danger. Reluctantly it falls and she pivots and vanishes into her surroundings. One down and one to go, as she re conceals herself for the next opportunity to arise and for her strike to ring true. Behind the pillar in stone she took cover behind, she steels herself against the welling emotion that comes as a result of her actions, trying to press down the feelings of regret.

Tornado Kick [x6] 3 EN ( 6 - Finesse 3) + 2 ( 1 Targets ) = 5 EN, Concentration CD [0/3]

ID# 179742 results: Battle: 6+3+1-1=9, Hit vs. Giant Bat #1 dealing 14x6=84 DMG
ID# 179743 results: Battle: 2+3+1-1=5, Missed vs. Giant Bat #2

Players:
Kasumi | HP:680/680 | EN:63/68 | DMG:14 | MIT:12 | EVA:3 | ACC:3 | BLD:24
Eruda | 
HP:880/880 | EN:76/76 | DMG:3 | MIT:107 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Mobs:
(1,0) Giant Bat #1 | HP:50/50 | DMG:20
(0,0) Giant Bat #2 | 
HP:50/50 | DMG:20

Edited by Kasumi

Another burst of flames beneath her feet and her wolf's paws, but this time...It found a target. A small line of flames, that give not enough light to see, but to get the creature of the night's attention. Eruda kneels to one knee in front of the young blond as she waits... Right then, a screech from the bat as it comes into view. This is what Eruda wanted. The large bat attacks Eruda with little force comes a fiery flamed backlash from her shield. It screeches again and flies backward in the shadows. She was unable to see it again but that was fine. She did what she wanted, to keep everyone else safe. It was time that she showed what she was made out of, it was about time that she became who Raidou believed she could be. Shielding the girl from any harm she pulls her shield up and waits. 

Activating Howl

ID# 179745 results: MOB: 6, Hits! vs Eruda, Dealing (20-107 Mitigation=)1 Damage, Taking 36 Damage From Thorns

Players:
Eruda | 
HP:879/880 | EN:68/76 | DMG:3 | MIT:107 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Mobs:
(0,4) Giant Bat #2 | 
HP:14/50 | DMG:20

Edited by Eruda

Concentration CD [1/3]

Flickering into reality with lighting taking away her ability to see but in rhythm with the feel of the cave through the motion and sounds. Hearing it bounce of Eruda's shield gives her just the direction she needed to find it as it sustains some damage in a flash of fire. With a sudden jab of her right fist in light pink hue causes it to pop like glass in a spray. With its destruction, the quest was just about done. With a pump of her fist, she looks to Eruda in the dim shade and remarks "There we go, let's get her out of here." a sudden flash of pink makes her seem to vanish, but she was keeping an eye on her surroundings. As she does she keeps an ample eye on the child who clung eagerly to Eruda as they traveled out the mouth of the cavern with a job well done.

Basic Attack [x1], -1 EN

ID# 179747 results: Battle: 10 (BAT BITCHSLAP) vs. Giant Bat #2 dealing 16 DMG

image.png.3731593c95e7c64e79ec7def3c2d3d83.png

Players:
Eruda | 
HP:879/880 | EN:68/76 | DMG:3 | MIT:107 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:26 | DoT -25%

Mobs:
(0,4) Giant Bat #2 | 
HP:14/50 | DMG:20

Edited by Kasumi

As Eruda tried her best to walk with the child clinging to her waist she finally puts her sword and shield away. Picking up the young one in her arms now, she nuzzled her head against Eruda shoulder. Making her way out easily now that she could actually walk, she makes her way back to town. The mother meets her at the entrance and the girl screams "MOMMY" with a response back "Thank you, thank you so much," as she runs away into town with her child in her arms now. Their HUD chimes in unison as the quest completes. Eruda can't help but chuckle at the sight. Eruda takes a seat at the edge of the fountain now, seeing Kasumi come into view moments later. "Yes, he is my father and I haven't seen him since I was 8 because of my mother. One of the best things that could have happened, coming into this game...I found out the truth about my mother and found a new connection with my twin all though it's nothing compared to what I have with you. I really do appreciate the help Kasumi. You have opened my eyes, and that is just what I needed to hold strong. Thank you, Kasumi!" She pats the empty spot next to her for Kasumi to sit...If she wanted to.

ID# 179772 results: Loot: 4, Col Roll

Edited by Eruda

As they breached the mouth of the cave, Eruda took the child with Kasumi playing the part of her shadow but steps behind her. As they entered the walls of the settlement and the small girl rushes to her mothers embrace, a flicker in pink with small pedals trickling through the air and a smell of cherry blossoms. Still very little have discovered how she was capable of what she was doing to remain hidden. A smile and a scoop of the fragments, a twist of her wrist produces a small solid flower in the same shade. Placing it in the little girls hair, with a gentle touch. "Don't go out and play so far away, you worried your mom sick." She spoke softly to the child as a warning. A nod to the mother, she extracts with a bow and keeps pace with Eruda.

Taking a seat next to Eruda and folding her legs. "It's strange that this place is trapping us here, but we are learning more about ourselves as a result. Outside of here we were all living alone and moving through the motions. It's here that we were forced together and to reflect on who we are. We should all be so lucky." Kasumi explains as she looks to the rising sun on the horizon, the dawn of a new day.

Quest Complete:
Eruda:

4*SP (1 Thread Length, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)
Kasumi:
4*SP (1 Thread Length, 1 Event Bonus, 2 Quest Reward)
Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
600*Col (400 Thread Length, 200 Quest Reward)