[F04 - PP] Break the Ice «Absolute Zero» (ChaseR)

The forth floor, a place packed with with sentimental value for this particular blonde that was effortlessly trudging through the snow. Having first opened shop some close but outside the main settlement's safe zone, she was quite used to these conditions having spend most all her free time on this floor in the past. The same could not be said about her familiar that was camouflaged in the snow. Kimba was doing her best to avoid it's cold touch, stepping in her master's footsteps and growling every time the path was not clear enough.

"You should've remained on the school grounds like I told you." came the annoyed response to the lioness' latest complain. "You've lived here for almost the same amount of time as me, you knew what you were getting into." she ended with a teasing note as she opened some notes on her HUD. She'd fought Avalanche before, several times even but it seemed that like the the bee queen, this boss also had some sort of reiteration. And from what the information brokers told her it would be much more powerful than the queen's. The blonde let out a snort as she reminisced her meeting with the broker, who seemed concerned for her well-being when she bought the info from him.

Ariel | HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 156/156 | DMG: 24(+4) | ACC: 5(6) | AA | EVA: 3 | MIT: 25 | LD: 5 | TAUNT | KEEN:1 | RESTED [3/3] | DoT: -25%, 1 HIT | DoT -27 | BH: 79

Spoiler

Stats:

• 1,590 HP (78 x20 +30[athletics])
  • 156 Energy
  • 25 Mitigation (25 +54[armor])
  • +4 Accuracy (1[precision] +1[weapon] +2[trinket])
  • 23 Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +9[familiar] +1[ferocity] +4[drink])
  • +4 Fallen Damage (Successful BD: 6-8 (before modifiers) add fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +48 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal HP at the beginning of your next turn. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +79 HP Battle Healing (While in combat, recover 5% of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.)
  • +238 HP Vamp. (Off.) (On a nat. 9-10 BD heals 15% Max HP. This effect can only occur once per attack.)
  • +5 LD +3 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons: 15 posts CD and labyrinths3 posts CD)
  • Absolute Accuracy (Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to trigger a critical hit.)
  • Keen (After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this)
  • Taunt +1 Hate generated from Howl, Focused Howl, and successful attacks.)
  • Recovery (Regain 3 additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+.)

Skills: Pic at 510x450 Downscaled to 385, right side alignment

Equipment: ecc6094aeb2e7c21bd620127992da9c7.png

≪Shi’s Talon#134787≫ ≪Shirajishi-ryū Kendogi#156967≫ ≪Finger Claw Filigree#151884-1≫
T2: AA | Keen | Fallen T1: Evasion | Evasion | Evasion (LA) T1: Accuracy | Accuracy | Taunt
A long two handed assault spear made of polished maple. Its tip is a brilliant golden colour and is surrounded by tufts of white feathers.
Initially designed as a uwagi, some liberties transformed into a long pristine white cape with blue accents and silver trims, reaching down to ground level. Branded with 白獅子流 (white lion style) kanji on the back, personalizes it and brings the item closer to the initial design.
An intricate golden chassis to be wrapped around one's finger. It's incredible sturdy, sharp and shiny, capable of aggravating enemies with a well-placed redirection of light.

Inventory:  

• ≪Teleport [Crystal]≫
  • ≪[T3] Blank Dungeon Map≫
  • Spoiler
    ≪Frozenshade#156614≫
    T3: Mitigation | Taunt | Frost Thorns (Shield)        
    A brightly coloured saya that's always cold to the touch, crafted mostly out of mythril. The sheath is more than capable of going head-to-head against a weapon; made to be used more to help shield the user than their sword by parrying blows and deflect attacks. White runes on each side shine as the frozen thorns effect procs.
  • Spoiler
    ≪Mothbrand#156715≫
    T3: Vampiric (Off) | Vampiric (Off) | Accuracy | Accuracy (1HSS)
    An antenna taken from Mothra's corpse, sharpened that could be used as a weapon.The grip is orange and yellow-like colored while the blade itself is blood red with orange runes in the middle.
  • Spoiler
    ≪Leonidas' Strength#151568≫
    T3: Holy Blessing | Holy Blessing | Mitigation | Mitigation (LA)
    A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.
  • Empty 
  • Empty 

Buffs:

• +4 DMG: "Filling" -> Liquor of Light#152339 [Drink]
  • "Skylight (Familiar Mastery: Fighter II -> III)"
  • -1 EN [3/3]: "Rested"
  • -25% DoT [1/1]: "Clean"
  • +60 HP OOC: Survival +"Relaxed" 
  • +1 LD/SR/SD/Prosperity [1/1]: "Multipurpose"
  • +1 BRI slot: Dimensional Backpack
  • +1 BRI slot: "Item Stash"

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

After a few weeks of questing with new friends he made, Chase was just resting in the fourth. Needless to say, he'd made plenty of memories and as of now when all quests were done and over with, he was just coming here every now and then for a stroll. He loved the snow, after all. That's when, while looking around one of the NPCs stalls, he saw something in the corner of his eye.

214732922_ChaseDBPSurprised.png.e476b0edc7a793b0b6742364c91e4568.pngHe thought to ignore it at first but it wasn't long before he gave in and turned out of curiosity. That back, the hair, everything... That whole attire he was very fond of solely because that's how he started his adventure, right? "... Ariel?", he asked in the back of his head before exiting the shop and running right behind. With louder and louder steps through the white blanket, Chase eventually stopped behind her and put a hand on her shoulder, huffing. "Ariel! It's me, Chase.", he said with a small grin, shifting all his weight to his knees as he looked down at the ground. "The snow is too heavy and makes me feel all bloated... Nngh.". Not that he didn't know running in the snow was hard in the first place of course. He seemed different though. Instead of his jacket and shorts, he was sporting a deep blue overcoat, a much too short sword hanging by his left hip in its scabbard and chains wrapped all around his left arm. "I-It's been a while, right?"

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 82
HP: 1670/1670
EN: 164/164

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:83
VAMP DEF:83
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl
Surprise Attack (Assassin)
Vanish

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

ChaseR: HP: 1670/1670 | EN: 164/164 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 83 | V.(DEF): 83 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5

Edited by ChaseR

The first one to notice the sound of heavy footsteps over the snow was, of course, the feline attendant behind her that instinctively leaped out of the way without looking. Inadvertently landing on top of a previously undisturbed mound of snow, ChaseR earning himself a disgruntled hiss from the lioness. Initially ignoring the noises behind her made by Kimba, the blonde turned around as she felt a hand on her shoulder. It took her a visible second or two to associate the name and current appearance with an old memory but nonetheless she recognized him as her expression slightly changed to a more friendly one. She normally wouldn't hesitate to floor anyone suspicious who would approach her in that manner.

Taking in the new looks, the events that transpired when she first meet him on the 1st floor we're slowly starting to resurface. Fact that was mirrored on her facial expression and body language. "Ah, the cheeky artisan that wanted to become a frontliner. I remember you." she said with a teasing smile. She then noticed her familiar struggling to ward off the snow from her fur so the blonde knelt and helped the lioness out. Knowing too well how cranky she is when her fur gets wet. "What bring you to this corner of the winter wonderland?" she followed up in the meanwhile.

As soon as her face softened up, with almost a childish glee, Chase smiled back and nodded. He seemed much less surprised and more at ease now- honestly, the first image that he'd associated with a friendly face when he first entered Aincrad was Ariel's overall figure. It was only natural after the schooling on some terms and help with his profession.

667150024_ChaseDBPHappy.png.6bb3b1f8e872e437e55ad2c271f10e4b.pngThe small familiar that she seemed to have brought along had fallen to the ground, and she was now trying to pick it- her? The tiny lion up, either way. "Oh, I'm just looking around. I've little to do after I finished all the quests, and everybody else is too busy to run sub-dungeons with me.", he said almost proudly and puffed his chest out a bit, before laughing and starting to rub the back of his neck. "I think I overdid it on questing... I've reached level 82 and by this point, there's three people I've met a higher level than me... N-No, four? And uh... I've met much more than that.", he clarified a bit awkwardly, probably relieving Ariel with how inept he (still) was when it came to words. "Are you up to something? The monsters are too weak for you to loot them here, right?"

She let out a low whistle after hearing him so proudly brandish his level and accomplishments. Flashbacks to one or two of the many time she ran and behaved in the same manner towards her parents. In the past, her initial reaction to something like this would be to find a way to turn it around and make light of that sort of childish attitude. But now, having hit one of the milestones she set for herself she would be more supportive, as she would with her own students. "I see you've been working hard towards your goal too since last time we meet." she replied with a kind smile, trying to estimate how much has past since their initial meeting. While failing to come up with an exact number, she felt like it was a very short timeframe and slightly chastised herself for being surpassed level-wise. This would manifest externally as a soft self-deprecating chuckle that would go unnoticed by anyone who wouldn't pay attention.

"You got me there." she added as she got up after tending to her familiar who was now by her side and shaking the wetness off her fur similar to a dog, grooming herself afterwards. "Unlike you, I still have a few quest that I didn't do, ones that I wasn't aware of until recently. So I'm here to put an extra notch on my belt with this new Avalanche quest. Even if it turns out to be a small fry like the original, the fact that I'm back on this floor again made the trip up to here well worth it either way." a nostalgic smile taking over her expression.

The smile, the kind reply, he could tell those weren't fully natural for her, but... He wouldn't say a thing. On one hand, he didn't want to be treated like a child. On the other, he was reaching for this form of warmth anywhere he could at this point- it was very much accepted and just got a brighter, toothy smile out of him before she mentioned the avalanche monster.

566514286_ChaseDBPSilentAwkward.png.fb9077862aa90401465da749dda1f542.png"Oh, you're doing Absolute Zero? It's in some lake- at least when I fought...", his words faded while his mind trekked a while back, remembering how he'd done this quest. He was just standing near the lake while NIGHT was giving it her all, ice skating around the monster and shredding it to pieces bit by bit. "Well, I've done the quest, but... I didn't really fight at all. Would you mind if I stuck along? I can show you how much better I've become too.", he said with an awkward grin as he pulled his blade from its sheathe, revealing a heavy, stone sword. Or at least it would be heavy, but its blade was completely dull and broken just a bit above the hilt. It got a bit sharper towards the break-point but... "I can help you wrap up your quest list too. I'm bound to get some levels from killing the bosses one more time, plus... Any combat experience protecting others will help.". Somewhere towards the end of his ramblings he noticed the expression on the blonde's face though. He sympathized with it, maybe too much, able to understand exactly what she felt as he dropped the smile and looked at her with the same blank face as when they first met. "... What's making you like this floor so much? I like the cold and my ex lives here. Uh... We started out after you dropped me off but she kind of... gave up."

The fact that, due to the familiarity of the place, she had let usually air-tight guard down and allowed him to get this close to her without her noticing, bothered her. Next time it might not be a friendly face and instead of a hand on her shoulder it would be a dagger or a sword through her back. Her inner 'scout' acted up and she decided to pick up the slack; her eyes briefly flared, turning from her unusual silver color to a cat-like green as she looked around them. She picked up signs of recent movement but thanks to her tracking mod and the affinity she had for the floor, having explored it in almost all of its entirety, she would see that it none was man-made so she would let out a relieved sigh and return her eye color to normal. "Looks like we're all good." she muttered, once again drawing her attention at Chase. Luckily she didn't miss much of what he said, seeming distracted only at the beginning before he asked if he could join her.

"Of course! I don't mind company..." her reply was cut off by a low growl from below them. "... more company." she corrected herself, after her familiar's on the nose interjection. The blonde took a moment to observe his weapon of choice, an 'upgrade'? from the one he previously used? she couldn't remember but a thing she knew for sure was that the appearance of an item would not equally reflect it's stats, so she brushed it off as either a personal preference on his part or it's stats we're so good that he'd put up with the exterior.

Deciding to let the 'protecting others' remark slide and play the damsel in distress role if necessary, the blonde's curiosity peaked at the new subject of discussion. "I'm sorry to hear that." she replied with visible sympathy, relationships weren't her strong suit and her last one here in Aincrad didn't end amiably. Not wanting to press on that particular topic, she replied to his last question: "My first guildmaster had her blacksmith shop here and I wanted and in the end did, open my own tailor shop next to hers. That was only the start of it though, with time I became real fond of the scenery. And this one." the pointed downwards at her familiar. "enjoys lazing in front of the campfire with me. She would snuggle with me when she was smaller and continues to do so even now that she grew up this big." Ariel then affectionately rubs the lioness under her chin, eliciting a soft purr from the oversized feline.

If anything, the more Ariel talked, the more apologetic she seemed to become. She scanned the area before proceeding to reply to him, which was rather odd. Like she'd just woken up, or so he figured. "Oh, I see. I had a dog once. I was ten.", he said with a small grin and crouched to pet Simba, only to stop as soon as he saw the slightest hint of annoyance from the little fellow.

388134583_ChaseDBPSilentUnsure.png.dc9b049ea86f7af2a0dc39648f0da1dd.png"N-Nothing like that then.", he quietly muttered to himself before hearing the remark about his relationship. He wasn't going to get into it or anything, but it wasn't something he felt 'glad' about being given condolences. "No, it's... it was a bad relationship, I probably shouldn't have said yes. It was my first but I don't think it's my thing. I work better alone now, especially with this thing.", he grunted and looked down at his sword, giving it a somewhat troubled look before sighing and looking ahead of them. "My shop is still in the first and my ho- Oh right, I got a house. It's up in the twenty first, but it's a whole estate. Pretty great, right? Just... too much space for one person. Feels kinda lonely at times.". Even when he ended up sharing more about himself, it somehow took a more lonely twist. That kind of described Chase as a whole though right now. He thought he'd be a high enough level to protect people, but there's barely any people that want to go out into the field, let alone be protected. As of now, he was just killing everything on his own and nothing more than that really.

He began to walk forwards into the distance, throwing a hand behind him to start scratching his neck nervously again. "The lake should be around here. I'll see if I can wake it up, come.". And on the way there, things began to get a bit too quiet for his taste. Not that too quiet existed for Chase, but given this was his reunion with someone he felt admittedly much too familiar, he wanted to get a few words in. This was his first taste of 'meeting an old friend', after all. "How come you left your guild? I don't like them so I never joined one."

She nodded, as she empathized with most of of his statements. However, one in particular she had stronger feeling towards and decided to voice them out. "It doesn't have to lonely. We're almost neighbours. My school is just a floor above yours, on the 22nd floor, next to the Firm Anima guild headquarters." With no hesitation she got closer and produced a map pointing it out. "Here's the Lake of Reflection." in the center of the map, then moved her hand towards a forest. Within a valley there were two icons: A small house icon and the firm anima guild logo. "Most of the valley belongs tot the school on paper. We share it with the guild as they're our friend... sponsors if you want. Their guild leader help me get the funds to open it."

As they walked, Chaser prompted a very important question. The blonde replied with little reluctance, happily reminiscing those days when she just started really playing this game. "The guild had to disband for various reasons but my guildmaster made sure not to help those of us who wanted to push forwards. She recommended us to the biggest and most powerful guild in Aincrad at the time. Needless we got in with little trouble thanks to that. We, her in particular, had a good reputation as The Guardians of Aincrad." this time, the blonde materializes a grey cloak and flipped it on the back. It had four logos, all crossed off with a red X. Pointing at the first one in top, she let a soft nostalgic smile escape: "That was us, Guardians of Aincrad and then the Azure Brigade."

logos:

Spoiler

01516af7d0c9916e52e2ef63673e8831.png

Just when Chase was about to crack a smile, he heard those two damned words again. 'Firm Anima'. His face instantly hardened and for a moment, a sharp, hateful glare appeared in his eyes before he masked it as just disinterest. He nodded quietly, putting one of his hands in his pocket and just smiling a bit at the cloak. "... I see. It sounds like a lot has happened."

971421035_ChaseDBPSilent.png.1f78507434736c58f4564a83a23f5cf1.pngHe didn't say much after that. The mention of that godforsaken guild was enough to get his mind back on the whole mess of a confrontation with Freyd and his mind started to run through all the bullshit he was probably spreading about himself. "... It better be over soon cause if this bullshit keeps up, I swear to god.", his train of thought kept on going, as he awkwardly coughed and looked ahead of them, starting to move forward again. "The monster should be around here.". His voice was completely different and if anything, he didn't feel the same either. He was never one to speak that much but now if anything, he was being abrupt on purpose almost. "... Sorry.", the blueberry blurted out without saying much of anything else, awkwardly shifting his grip on his sword's hilt.

It's been a while since the blonde even though about the past, even more since she spoke about it like this. In the present and recent past, all her attention and focus has been dedicated towards primarily opening the school and secondly, preparing for the incoming boss fight. Like an old person she seemed to be relating more about herself, more to her own benefit than for the other person beside her. She would note however the sudden change of tone and altered body language. Something she had mentioned didn't struck well and the only thing she could link it to was the three guild name. The most infamous being the Azure brigade.

With a soft sigh she cut her rambling and made a mental note to not bring that specific topic in mind, she knew he was against guilds some maybe something related to the brigade was at the root of that. "No it's ok, I apologize for bringing up such old names." she said with a smile.

Hearing her apology, Chase realised she'd misunderstood the situation. He didn't want to go in depth with it, but... For all he could, he'd clear any confusion up as much as possible. "... I don't know those guilds, they mean nothing to me. The only guild you mentioned I know of is Firm Anima.". And there it was, that subtle anger upon saying that name. He didn't delve much more into it though, instead trying to relax. After a few moments of silence, he began to laugh awkwardly and dryly as ever, looking over his shoulder with a forced smile. "I'm still just as horrible at talking."

6166069_ChaseDBPSilentAwkward.png.6ec459203df4b1913e2dc054cdffb565.pngHe suddenly came to a stop though, turning to look back before him as he realised they had already the frozen lake. "I think the monster's here. Careful.", the bluehead warned her and step forwards, quietly stabbing down into the lake almost the moment he stepped on its thin surface. And almost in retaliation, the ground began to shake. Before he could even pull his blade back out, the lake's ice began to break and a titan rose from it, roaring angrily and knocking the boy off. He landed roughly and took some damage in the process, but he seemed to have succeeded at taking its attention so far. "Go kill it dead."

Spoiler

image.png.b92ab8b53e01ba210d351e87ac17e6c5.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Avalanche the Absolute Zero! (BD: 8+3+2=10)
20 * 13 - 75 = 260 - 75 = 185

Avalanche the Absolute Zero attacks ChaseR! (MD: 6+3-1=8)
200 - 43 = 157

[2]ChaseR: HP: 1513/1670 (-157) | EN: 155/164 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 83 | V.(DEF): 83 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0]Ariel | 
HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 156/156 | DMG: 24(+4) | ACC: 5(6) | AA | EVA: 1 | MIT: 25 | LD: 5 | TAUNT | KEEN:1 | RESTED [3/3] | DoT: -25%, 1 HIT | DoT -27 | BH: 79

Avalanche the Absolute Zero: HP: 665/850 (-185) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 24 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2

* You must roll for this boss on a separate roll.
<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.
<<Harder Criticals>>: On an MD of 9, the boss will deal +50 DMG. On an MD of 10, the boss will deal +100 DMG.

Edited by ChaseR

Her eyebrows slightly raised in surprise of the guild name. True, she didn't know much about the guild itself but we was well acquainted with their leader. Overall she wouldn't see a group spearheaded by him as someone capable of eliciting such a reply. Then again, there was a black sheep in any family so she left it at that, as Chaser's wish seemed to be. They've seemed to reach their target location and the blonde threaded carefully. Not because of the boss but the frozen lake on which they walked on. Every crack her footstep made, gave gave chills down her spine. This fact however was pushed in the back of her mind as her companion announced their foe's presence.

It made a spectacular entrance, one that almost had her tumble as well if not for her quick reaction to jump as high as she could at the slightest sign of trouble. With the grace akin to felines, Ariel landed on some debris nearby and stomped on the ice. It seemed stable enough, good. She would completely cast that thought away and focus on the maintain of ice in front of them. As she heard chase, the blonde was materializing her weapon and grinned: "You don't have to tell me twice.

The blonde closed her eyes and brought her weapon behind her. Locking in on the target's position she concentrated on finding its weak point from the fight with its predecessor. She then charged in, becoming a white blur reflected on the blue ice, reaching the titan in almost an instant and unleashing her most powerful sword art against its right knee. Four fast stabs shattered its icy kneecaps and a final jumping slam, from above, against its head brough the goliats kneeling before the blonde before it could even react.  

ID# 179901  BD: 9 (Crit!)  x15*(24+1) -75 = 300 DMG > Avalanche 

[2]ChaseR: HP: 1513/1670 | EN: 155/164 (-9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 83 | V.(DEF): 83 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[0]Ariel | HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 156/156 | DMG: 24(+4) | ACC: 5(6) | AA | EVA: 1 | MIT: 25 | LD: 5 | TAUNT | KEEN:1 | RESTED [3/3] | DoT: -25%, 1 HIT | DoT -27 | BH: 79

Avalanche the Absolute Zero: HP: 365/850 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 24 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2

<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.
<<Harder Criticals>>: On an MD of 9, the boss will deal +50 DMG. On an MD of 10, the boss will deal +100 DMG.

At that moment, Chase did realise he had actually warned her about the monster twice, too. Way to prove your point of still being horrible with speaking. "... Right, sorry about apol- no, er... Repeating myself. There.", he gave a slightly hesitant nod, sighing and watching her go off to kill the monster. And holy shit, she packed a massive punch.

614475086_ChaseDBPSilentUnsure.png.0d0a8c39b6217602a48be0c4f22e6e74.pngNot spending long before he went in to help, Chase held his blade out to the side. As soon as the blue glow that began to envelop it connected with the monster, it disappeared and a red one began to be emitted from his coat. Alongside any battle healing he had, his health fully regenerated before the titan raised its hand in the air and in a burst of energy, slammed it down at Chase who barely managed to hold his sword in that direction with its flat side to 'block' the attack. Despite all the resistance he held up, he still took some damage that made him groan. Couldn't everything be more like Ki'Raion, who he could just hold onto even if with all his strength? "Should be almost dead."

image.png.2b256c689020d3868cdf1f6c9295f11e.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 6+3+2=10, CD: 10)
20 * 13 - 75 = 260 - 75 = 185
Vampiric Defense activates!

Avalanche the Absolute Zero attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7+3-1=9)
200 - 43 = 157

[4]ChaseR: HP: 1513/1670 (+83+16+83, -157) | EN: 147/164 (+1, -9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 83 | V.(DEF): 83 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[2]Ariel | HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 156/156 | DMG: 24(+4) | ACC: 5(6) | AA | EVA: 1 | MIT: 25 | LD: 5 | TAUNT | KEEN:1 | RESTED [3/3] | DoT: -25%, 1 HIT | DoT -27 | BH: 79

Avalanche the Absolute Zero: HP: 180/850 (-185) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 24 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2

<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.

Edited by ChaseR

They we're more than holding their own against the new glorified ice statue. With negligible damage taken on their side, Avalanche HP was already in the red zone and the blonde was determined to wipe if off for good. Its predecessor gave a pretty nice consumable reward so she was wondering what would this one drop. Technically it qualified as a better version, stats wise so she wanted to confirm if the drop was of a similar nature. Unlike the last time they meet, ChaseR seemed to hold his own and some, which backed up his boasting from before.

"Don't be, a figure of speech." she replied in a teacher-like fashion as she prepared to finish the boss off. She could try the same attack and break its other knee, bring it down face first but that would be too dull for the blonde's taste. After half a second of mentally reviewing her available sword arts she pinpointed one and not a moment later went for the kill. As she ran, she started spinning her spear like an oversized cheerleader baton until, it caught ablaze then with one smooth upwards vertical slash she divided the massive titan in two equal halves than tumbled to their respective side.

"Hardly more challenging that the first Avalanche!" quipped the blonde with a snort.

ID#180202    BD:10 (Crit!!) x11(24 +2) -75 =211 DMG > Avalanche

[4]ChaseR: HP: 1513/1670 | EN: 147/164 (+1, -9) | DMG: 19 | MIT: 43 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | HOLY: 12 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 83 | V.(DEF): 83 | HBS: 16 | LD: 5
[6]Ariel | HP: 1590/1590 | EN: 127/156 | DMG: 24(+4) | ACC: 5(6) | AA | EVA: 1 | MIT: 25 | LD: 5 | TAUNT | KEEN:1 | RESTED [1/3] | DoT: -25%, 1 HIT | DoT -27 | BH: 79

Avalanche the Absolute Zero: HP: 180/850 (-185) | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | FREEZE: 24 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2

Spoiler

ID: 180203 | LD: 20 (15, +5) | CD: 4
6,800col, Tier 1 Materials (2), [T1E3] Unidentified Perfect Consumable (1), [T1E2] Unidentified Rare Trinket (1)

The way that Chase had been corrected practically pried the "Yes ma'am." out of him as he watched the monster get split in half and drop to the side. He quietly put his sword back in its place and scratched the back of his head, tilting it with a troubled expression and squeezing his own hand a bit before looking at the monster's dissipating remains again.

1958860923_ChaseDBPSilentGuilty.png.27276a31e2823d184e411d76b1ba2418.png"... Was NIGHT going easy on it, and that's why it felt so much stronger the last time that we 'fought' it..? This was way too much of a pushover... And it still hands out the unique weapon regardless, holy shit...". Much surprise and at the same time disappointment killed anything left of his excitement as he looked at Ariel and gave a small nod, looking back to the town and then at her. "Do you want to head back or do you have more quests out here I can help with?", he offered his help once more with a shy smile, feeling eager to be back out on the field alongside the very teacher that showed him some of the game's basics. One of which being his unsuccessful business, but such was the life of an artisan in the end. "I can help even if it's not on this floor, if it... matters. I understand if you want to be alone though. I feel like that at times too."

Dusting off her hands after pick up the loot, the blonde turns around to face her quest partner. She ignored it during the fight, passing it as getting serious but now after they finished, her partner still seemed a little under the weather. Almost a complete opposite from when they just meet not that long ago. For now however, she decided to reply to him: "I have a pending list!" then the blonde brought up a window that she then turned visible for all. Her eyes slightly widened in surprised: "I remember it being smaller.." she added as she crossed off the quests that she had to do alone. 

Spoiler
Repeatable Nature's treasure (F21) Link
Taken Bane of Blood Link
Available Swashbuckling Buccaneer Link
Available Cleansing the Corruption Link
Available Burning Phoenix Feathers Link
Available Bloodstained Land Link
Taken Absolute Zero Link
Available Just for the Halibut Link
Available Keep Calm and Ki'raion Link
Available Betrayal of the King Link
Available The Hidden Village Link
Available Trouble in the Mines Link
Taken King of Lakes Link
Available Witch of the West Link
Available Escaping the Underdark Link
Available Search and Rescue Link
Available Ugzeke The Mighty Link
Available Incognito Analysis Link
Available Incognito Antics Link
Available Incognito Antics Link

"I couldn't mind a hot cocoa break though! Before we do anything else." A simple invitation to take it easy and spend some quality time on this floor. It's been too long since she enjoyed the simple things this floor had to add. it tastes even better with some company.

The outright acceptance of his proposal was enough to already make him visibly relieve that tension coursing right through him. And before long had even passed, he was asked to just... be together. Something that had rarely happened, and usually after he was exhausted. He hadn't noticed up to now due to his one track mind, but he finally had a shot at taking a break.

1265149546_ChaseDBPSurprised.png.4e34a7843f6df5b571c6f3e20d35d7ec.pngHe looked at her as if he had just seen a ghost. A tear almost formed in one of his eyes, be it because this was one of the few times he had genuinely been invited to somebody's house to simply be together or because his body was starting to feel the effects of having been overworked so much the past few weeks. "... A break..?", he asked himself in the back of his head before a very big smile emerged on his face, and he gave a much too ecstatic nod to her. "I'd love that.", he simply replied and walked towards her, with one hand on his hip on the sword and the other wiping the forming waters on his right eye. He'd leave directions all up to her, and by the looks of it, they had plenty of quests to do once they were done resting too. But... the break sounded beyond wonderful. "Thank you. Really. Thanks."

• 3 months later...

The blond raised a questioning eyebrow to his initial reaction, letting out a soft sigh of relieve as she heard his reply. "Don't mention it." she added with a light dismissive wave. The quest ended with little effort from both parties and as much of a disappointment as the 'new' bee queen one. Still, it was a extra notch on her new quests list and something that she won't have to revisit soon... hopefully. Coming back to the 4th floor has rewarding in itself as she had to see some of the nostalgic scenery from her beginnings and now in better company she can take her time like before and enjoy a hot cup of cocoa in front of the fireplace.

"This way!" she added, slightly ecstatic and smiling as they made their way back towards the main setlement. She'd then guide Chase towards the Drunken Crane pub where she's cool off in the past, after a successful quest.

Chase gave a nod and with a stupid grin on his face, he stuffed both of his hands in his pockets and began to follow right behind Ariel, throwing his head left and right happily as they kept marching forwards. "... A break, huh. It's going to be nice. I wish I had more breaks up to now. But I don't regret it. I've become really strong."

Chase DBP Happy.pngAnd now entering the main settlement, the two went right to the pub where Ariel wanted them to. "So many people have not made as much progress as I because they decided to stay cool. Not overwork themselves and keep at it but relax at the same time. Maybe I should learn to do the same once we get out of here. Boss fight and all being over, I should relax and kick back a bit. But still stay at the top. Yeah.". As soon as they entered the pub though, all those thoughts were washed away. Now was time to relax, not think, not plan ahead of time. Just enjoy the moment and live on until he had to go back to meticulously plan ahead in advance.

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• Ariel: "Zero Degree Icicle" (T2/Rare/Katana) [FRZ I, ACC I], 6 SP (1 page, 1 event, 4 quest), 2900 Col
  • ChaseR: "Zero Degree Icicle" (T2/Rare/Handwraps) [FRZ I, ACC I], 2 SP (1 page, 1 event)